PDA

View Full Version : GFRay's FIFA World Cup 2018 Game

Pages : [1] 2

GFRay
09-06-18, 10:51 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/5b8mc.jpg

Hi guys! :wave:

Here I am again with another fun idea/format that will involve the coming World Cup! As the Saturn v5 patch has all the correct World Cup groups and fixtures perhaps it could be fun to simulate our own World Cup!

The idea is simple. We can have 16 contestants who will manage 16 of the nations in the World Cup (sadly enough you can only add 16 managers in game. :() You can apply in this thread and you'll be given a nation by random choice (I can't be bribed to give you a top nation ;)). Oh and no swapping of teams after the draw allowed. :ok:

I will make the squad selections for you and those will be the same as the current squad selections IRL. You will need to have access to the Saturn v5 patch to check the save games that I will upload.

You will then need to submit a tactic and a lineup for the first group match to me by PM (to keep the other managers in the dark). Your tactic has to be non wibwob and needs at least 3 at the back and wide players somewhere (so no cheats).

The first group matches IRL will be from 14th June until 19th June so your stuff will need to be submitted before the 19th. I will run the first group matches in game on the 19th of June and post up the results and the save game in here.

Then you'll need to submit for the second group matches with a deadline of 24th of June. Same again with the third group matches with a deadline of 28th of June.

We'll then proceed with round of 16 (3th July), quarterfinals (7th July), semi-finals (11th) and final (15th July) in the same way until we have our own World Champion. :)

How does this sound? If you're interested post it down below. It will be a first come, first serve principal and we only have 16 slots available! :ok:

Contestants (ALL FILLED UP!):

1. Redknapp69 - Brazil
2. JayFlo - Portugal
3. Erkifino - Croatia
4. AJ - Colombia
5. AtomicAnt - Germany
6. drkshadow1 - Mexico
7. evesham - Poland
8. trunky - Argentina
9. dweatherston11 - Denmark
10. Mark - England
11. Dermotron - Spain
12. CMCZ - Russia
13. jokerjake7 - Uruguay
14. Offside Trap - Switzerland
15. MIKEBARCELONA - France
16. GFRay - Belgium

Redknapp69
09-06-18, 10:54 AM
I'm in :ok:

JayFlo
09-06-18, 11:18 AM
That sounds F&^KING FANTASTIC! :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

I am quite obviously in.

Erkifino
09-06-18, 11:22 AM
Sure, why not?

AJ
09-06-18, 12:11 PM
Didnt read all of it but Iím game!

GFRay
09-06-18, 12:20 PM
Didnt read all of it but I’m game!

Summary: I'll assign a random team to you. You get a save game to select your WC squad. You submit a tactic + linuep before deadline. Simlple.

AtomicAnt
09-06-18, 01:05 PM
Mark me down! :)

AJ
09-06-18, 01:05 PM
I know. Read it afterwards.😜

drkshadow1
09-06-18, 01:59 PM
Let's go!

evesham
09-06-18, 02:53 PM
I'll make up the numbers, Nice idea Ray :ok:
hmmm i'm sure I can bribe you :P

GFRay
09-06-18, 02:55 PM
I'll make up the numbers, Nice idea Ray :ok:So are you in?

evesham
09-06-18, 02:57 PM
course I'm in :P

trunky
09-06-18, 04:37 PM
bOOOM!

GFRay
09-06-18, 07:49 PM
I'm going to go with the best 16 nations in the World Cup to keep it interesting. No point in giving someone Saudi-Arabia and not be competitive from the start.

The 16 nations that will be divided are:

-Russia
-Uruguay
-Spain
-Portugal
-France
-Denmark
-Argentina
-Croatia
-Brazil
-Switzerland
-Germany
-Mexico
-Belgium
-England
-Colombia
-Poland

dweatherston11
10-06-18, 08:25 AM
Still space for me? Im in if so

AJ
10-06-18, 08:40 AM
Oooooh, can't wait to see which country we get!

Mark
10-06-18, 08:44 AM
I'll give it a go :)

evesham
10-06-18, 03:31 PM
what you gonna use to draw it Ray, be great if you could stream it live and fly Veterans AJ and Trunky in to Play with the balls (in the draw) :lol:

GFRay
10-06-18, 03:33 PM
what you gonna use to draw it Ray, be great if you could stream it live and fly Veterans AJ and Trunky in to Play with the balls (in the draw) :lol:

I have my own special method, but I was already planning on putting it on video. :ok:

Dermotron
11-06-18, 04:55 PM
In :ok:

CMCZ
11-06-18, 05:48 PM
In

JayFlo
11-06-18, 06:47 PM
MIKEBARCELONA will probably be up for it.

GFRay
11-06-18, 07:02 PM

Well if he confirms in this thread I will add him. I'm not adding people on a 'probably'. :)

JayFlo
11-06-18, 07:56 PM
Well if he confirms in this thread I will add him. I'm not adding people on a 'probably'. :)

Was just a heads up mate

GFRay
12-06-18, 10:06 AM
I've set the deadline to join for coming Thursday when the World Cup starts.

@JayFlo: could you tell MIKEBARCELONA he's got two more days to join in?

I'll join in myself if there are any spots left Thursday, but for now I'll stick to running and let others participate first.

Thursday I'll post the draw of who gets which team and a save game for you guys to base your squad selection on. :ok:

JayFlo
12-06-18, 10:17 AM
Yup

peaceboy
12-06-18, 10:25 AM
Yeah, fuck it. Im in. :)

JayFlo
12-06-18, 12:17 PM
Probably an obvious question, but is it the official World Cup squads that we will be using?

Also, isnít any nation manageable on Saturn patches? I guess youíve just chosen what you deem the 16 best?

GFRay
12-06-18, 12:22 PM
Probably an obvious question, but is it the official World Cup squads that we will be using?

Also, isn’t any nation manageable on Saturn patches? I guess you’ve just chosen what you deem the 16 best?

Using the official squads would be fun, but could also be impossible. I've ran the season to the point of squad selection, but the game has it's own injuries so could very well be that some players that are in the World Cup squad IRL are injured in the game.

So you'll have to select your own squad and that's why you're getting the save game from me to do so.

I indeed took what I think are the best 16 nations. Giving someone Saudi-Arabia or Panama would render them without any chance for success right away which is not fun i.m.o.

CMCZ
12-06-18, 12:49 PM
Come on guys please join :ok: We need 3 more to eliminate GFRay for competing himself. He is really good, so we need to keep him out of here :attention:

JayFlo
12-06-18, 12:58 PM
Using the official squads would be fun, but could also be impossible. I've ran the season to the point of squad selection, but the game has it's own injuries so could very well be that some players that are in the World Cup squad IRL are injured in the game.

So you'll have to select your own squad and that's why you're getting the save game from me to do so.

I indeed took what I think are the best 16 nations. Giving someone Saudi-Arabia or Panama would render them without any chance for success right away which is not fun i.m.o.

Fair enough. I thought injuries could be easily removed by the editor but no worries!

GFRay
12-06-18, 01:07 PM
Fair enough. I thought injuries could be easily removed by the editor but no worries!

Hmm, good point actually. I know the GK savegame editor can't remove injuries, but CM Explorer can. I will try and see if that works and if it does, I will go with the official squads of the World Cup. :ok:

- - - Updated - - -

Come on guys please join :ok: We need 3 more to eliminate GFRay for competing himself. He is really good, so we need to keep him out of here :attention:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA HA... no I'm not.

CMCZ
12-06-18, 01:11 PM
. no I'm not.

Won the Eredivisie with Almere City...

drkshadow1
12-06-18, 03:11 PM
things I learnt watching Rays life stream

He is really really good.
Swearing at the game because they screwed him over

GFRay
12-06-18, 03:33 PM
things I learnt watching Rays life stream

He is really really good.
Swearing at the game because they screwed him over

I'm fairly decent when I have control over who I can have in my team. When managing a preset team like in this World Cup game I'm much worse.

And yes, I do swear a lot during the live stream, but you saw yourself that I was getting screwed by the game. :lol:

Offside Trap
12-06-18, 06:53 PM
if still space Ray, count me in, and if i get England then i resign :)

GFRay
12-06-18, 07:57 PM

Yeah :) - count him in!

I can prod him along!

So MIKEBARCELONA makes 15. :)

And since I actually really like the concept myself and would like to beat CMCZ in the final, I'm going to participate myself as contestant #16 which means we're full! :D

I'm going to do the draw and will post the video of it with results later tonight! :ok:

CMCZ
12-06-18, 08:11 PM
Nice! final for me :ok:

Offside Trap
12-06-18, 08:20 PM
Looking forward to this :behindsofa:

GFRay
12-06-18, 08:25 PM
Alright the draw has been made! Here's the official video so you can all see that everything went by the books.

https://youtu.be/4uoV1Gu-ULE

For those of you who are to lazy to watch it, here's the draw:

CMCZ got... RUSSIA!
peaceboy got... URUGUAY!
Dermotron got... SPAIN!
JayFlo got... PORTUGAL!
MIKEBARCELONA got...FRANCE!
dweatherston11 got... DENMARK!
trunky got... ARGENTINA!
Erkifino got... CROATIA!
Redknapp69 got... BRAZIL!
Offside Trap got... SWITZERLAND!
AtomicAnt got... GERMANY!
drkshadow1 got... MEXICO!
GFRay got... BELGIUM!
Mark got... ENGLAND!
AJ got... COLOMBIA!
evesham got... POLAND!

JayFlo came with the idea to use the real World Cup squads which makes it very realistic. So we'll go with that and I'm going to create the save game and post that one up soon. :ok:

Offside Trap
12-06-18, 08:28 PM
Well fuck me, I must of got the 16th god dam seed :) :)

Erkifino
12-06-18, 08:31 PM
Gonna have to brush up on my Croatian.

Good stuff Ray.

Offside Trap
12-06-18, 08:33 PM
Gonna have to brush up on my Croatian.

Good stuff Ray.

I'll swap with you (there was nothing in the rules we could/couldn't) :music:

GFRay
12-06-18, 08:34 PM
I'll swap with you (there was nothing in the rules we could/couldn't) :music:

Just added: You can't.

Offside Trap
12-06-18, 08:36 PM
Just added: You can't.

ah what, changing the rules already Ray, tututututu

evesham
12-06-18, 08:36 PM
lol I think I will appoint infoooo as my Assistant Manager for the mighty Poland :ok:

CMCZ
12-06-18, 08:39 PM
Listening to the part 'I'm not biased. I can not be bought or bribed.' like..

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/100/963/ab8.jpg

GFRay
12-06-18, 08:51 PM
Listening to the part 'I'm not biased. I can not be bought or bribed.' like..

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/100/963/ab8.jpg

Just jelly because you feel Putin's breath down your neck.

CMCZ
12-06-18, 08:57 PM
Just jelly because you feel Putin's breath down your neck.

Got to admit you screwed teacher pet with Poland :D

dweatherston11
12-06-18, 09:00 PM
Denmark!! Jesusss. Start the car!

Also. Lord Bendtner injured and not in squad. Life gets worse

drkshadow1
12-06-18, 09:04 PM
Being half Spanish I am not upset about the Mexicans! Lets drink Tequila and smash it

AJ
12-06-18, 09:47 PM
Motherclucker. Columbia, really?

JayFlo
12-06-18, 09:49 PM
Portugal. FFS.

At least I have Ronaldo, I guess................ERGH!

Excited nonetheless!

Redknapp69
12-06-18, 11:40 PM
Great draw Ray :clap: :cool:

Oooooooooooooooh - Brazil then - that'll do ;)

Prob helps me as I'm shite with tactics

(secretly wished I have England and would have just done 442 defensive and Harry Kane in goal) :rofl:

Good luck all and really gonna enjoy this!

Mark
13-06-18, 10:19 AM
ENGLAND! ENGLAND! ENGLAND!

GFRay
13-06-18, 10:21 AM
ENGLAND! ENGLAND! ENGLAND!

Yup. It's now up to you to show the whole nation how it's done! :lol:

Dermotron
13-06-18, 10:26 AM
Im tempted to pick and all Basque squad to coincide with Challenge 37 :lol:

GFRay
13-06-18, 10:28 AM
Im tempted to pick and all Basque squad to coincide with Challenge 37 :lol:

We're going with the official World Cup squads mate so that won't be possible. JayFlo brought it up yesterday and I really liked the idea of making this as realistic as I can.

Did the squads already last night and going to post the save game tonight! :ok:

trunky
13-06-18, 10:33 AM
Argentina!!

Get in!

Or not...maybe!

Dermotron
13-06-18, 10:39 AM
No problem mate. I might do that one myself :)

JayFlo
13-06-18, 11:08 AM
Dermo sacked! Can I apply for the Spain job please?

Dermotron
13-06-18, 11:22 AM
:D

GFRay
13-06-18, 11:42 AM
Dermo sacked! Can I apply for the Spain job please?

You can always apply. Just like you can always get rejected. :)

JayFlo
13-06-18, 11:45 AM
You can always apply. Just like you can always get rejected. :)

In that case, I'd like to apply.

GFRay
13-06-18, 11:51 AM

Dear Mr. JayFlo,

Thank you for your application for the job of Manager of Spain.

Unfortunately we're currently not looking for a manager as we're very satisfied with our current manager Dermotron. Also your history at our archrivals Portugal makes you ineligible to manage our country. You would simply be lynched by our fans at the moment we present you which would leave us without a manager.

With the dearest of regards,

GFRay.

trunky
13-06-18, 12:24 PM

Dear JayFlo (if, indeed, that is your real name),

Many thanks for the handwritten note that you submitted for the vacant Spanish job.

Unfortunately we have a number of criteria that all the candidates have to meet before offering them the chance of an interview. Top of the list is the ability to spell. Being able to use a pen/ e-mail and not an orange crayon (surely you should be applying for the Dutch position?) is also a big bonus. We would also like our candidates to show some sort of traceable history in football management. I had a quick check with our database and the only Flo we could find was a 6ft 4" beanpole ex professional from Norway. We assumed, probably correctly, that this wasn't you.

Many thanks anyway for applying and we wish you every success in whatever career your future takes you though we suspect it won't be football or creative writing.

Regards,

Luis Rubiales

President
Spanish Football Federation

P.S

The attached bar of chocolate would have been a nice touch if it hadn't had melted and didn't contained nuts. Jose from the mail department thanks you for his hospital stay due to his allergy.

P.P.S

Do not, under any circumstances, contact us again.

JayFlo
13-06-18, 02:10 PM

Many thanks for the handwritten note that you submitted for the vacant Spanish job.

Unfortunately we have a number of criteria that all the candidates have to meet before offering them the chance of an interview. Top of the list is the ability to spell. Being able to use a pen/ e-mail and not an orange crayon (surely you should be applying for the Dutch position?) is also a big bonus. We would also like our candidates to show some sort of traceable history in football management. I had a quick check with our database and the only Flo we could find was a 6ft 4" beanpole ex professional from Norway. We assumed, probably correctly, that this wasn't you.

Many thanks anyway for applying and we wish you every success in whatever career your future takes you though we suspect it won't be football or creative writing.

Regards,

Luis Rubiales

President

P.S

The attached bar of chocolate would have been a nice touch if it hadn't had melted and didn't contained nuts. Jose from the mail department thanks you for his hospital stay due to his allergy.

P.P.S

1. Where was the spelling mistake?

2. Ouch. I'll no longer be writing Yuri Alberto reports :P

GFRay
13-06-18, 05:08 PM

Alright let's get this show on the road shall we?

I've made a save game, added you all in as managers for your drawn nations and selected your squads to mimic the world cup squads IRL. You can download the save game HERE (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/uxst4h).

Please take note that the save is made on the Saturn v5 patch so you will need that one installed to load it. You can find a handy tutorial I made on how to install Saturn's patches here (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10099).

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the first group match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark.

The first group matches in the World Cup IRL are played from tomorrow until the 19th of June so the deadline to send me you tactic and lineup is Tuesday 19th June 8 pm UK time. I will send a pm on the deadline day itself to those who haven't send anything as a reminder.

Should you still miss the deadline then you will go on holiday for the match with your assistant manager picking the tactic and lineup. You will also receive a strike and after three strikes you'll be resigned from the game.

There are three rules in regards to the tactic submission:

1. Your tactic must be non-wibwob.
2. Your tactic must have at least 3 defenders.
3. Your tactic must have wide players somewhere on the pitch (DL/DR, DML/DMR, ML/MR, AML/AMR or FL/FR).

On the 19th of June I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the first group matches later that night.

So start working on your tactics and lineups and don't forget to send them to me by PM!

Best of luck to all competitors and may the best man win! :ok:

AJ
13-06-18, 05:12 PM
Oh Sweet Jesus. Saturn patch, is that the UML set up or the DTL?

GFRay
13-06-18, 05:13 PM
Oh Sweet Jesus. Saturn patch, is that the UML set up or the DTL?Same one as UML. :ok:

drkshadow1
13-06-18, 05:16 PM
Cant wait to shoot this up at home

Dermotron
13-06-18, 05:41 PM
I've got Albiol in the squad instead of Pique. Other than that it is spot on

trunky
13-06-18, 05:52 PM
Giving it a go now, Russia win 5-0 in the first match, Argentina have no defence, official.

Can I play 4 forwards, 6 midfielders and a goalie?

trunky
13-06-18, 05:56 PM
Oh...

Sergio Romero is missing. Please remove Nahuel Guzman.

trunky
13-06-18, 06:08 PM
Being half Spanish I am not upset about the Mexicans! Lets drink Tequila and smash it

Which half?

GFRay
13-06-18, 06:11 PM
Oh...

Sergio Romero isn't in the IRL world cup squad which we are using and Guzman is. :ok:

GFRay
13-06-18, 06:14 PM
I've got Albiol in the squad instead of Pique. Other than that it is spot on

My bad. Changed it and uploaded a new save game. :ok:

CMCZ
13-06-18, 06:32 PM
Giving it a go now, Russia win 5-0 in the first match

Thats awesome!

trunky
13-06-18, 06:42 PM
Brazil win on penalties after a 2-2 draw against Spain. Germany beat Uruguay 1-0 in the 3rd place thing. Dries Mertens was the top average rating with 8.75 plus 3 motm. Coutinho top scorer with 6 goals. Hazard top assist maker with 5.

Mark
13-06-18, 07:04 PM
Oh...

He's injured and out of the tournament IRL, isn't he?

EDIT: Didn't see the next page.

Redknapp69
14-06-18, 01:36 AM
As good as this Brazil XI looks, there is some proper guff they have chosen in the squad

How come Alex Sandro/Fabinho didn't make the cut IRL?

peaceboy
14-06-18, 07:27 AM
Im on holibobs until Monday morning. I should be ok to get you the squad by deadline day, just to warn you.

trunky
14-06-18, 09:14 AM
Im on holibobs until Monday morning. I should be ok to get you the squad by deadline day, just to warn you.Ban him for the use of that word.

Erkifino
14-06-18, 09:43 AM
Ban him for the use of that word.

'deadline'? :noidea:

Erkifino
14-06-18, 09:46 AM

Regards,

Luis Rubiales

President

P.S

P.P.S

bookmark this for funniest post of the year :pound:

JayFlo
14-06-18, 10:57 AM
As good as this Brazil XI looks, there is some proper guff they have chosen in the squad

How come Alex Sandro/Fabinho didn't make the cut IRL?

Don't take this as gospel because I didn't verify it, but during the 2014 World Cup - they're squad was even more random during that with Fred and Jo playing decent minutes up front - I was told, or maybe read, that Brazil's selecao is very political and there is always a fight to get every region of the country covered by a player. It was particularly prominent during World Cup so when Brazil played in a certain stadium they had a player from that region playing.

JayFlo
14-06-18, 07:05 PM
Giving it a go now, Russia win 5-0 in the first match, Argentina have no defence, official.

Can I play 4 forwards, 6 midfielders and a goalie?

Prescient.

- - - Updated - - -

Raybelline, did you set the non-Human controlled teams their World Cup official squads? Just wondering.

GFRay
14-06-18, 08:27 PM
Prescient.

- - - Updated - - -

Raybelline, did you set the non-Human controlled teams their World Cup official squads? Just wondering.

No mate. It was already a lot of work to do these 16...

JayFlo
14-06-18, 08:44 PM
No mate. It was already a lot of work to do these 16...

No problem! Just wondering.

Mark
15-06-18, 10:23 AM
You can only manage max 16 players in CM anyway :D

GFRay
15-06-18, 10:29 AM
You can only manage max 16 players in CM anyway :D

Lol yeah you're right haha. Didn't even thought about that. :lol:

BTW Marko: It will be a great matchup between our teams in the poule! :ok:

Mark
15-06-18, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I may even have a chance with it being non-wib/wob :D

trunky
15-06-18, 04:56 PM

How come Alex Sandro/Fabinho didn't make the cut IRL?Fabinho is less mobile than fernandinho/ paulista. Sandro is a left back? Marcelo.

Redknapp69
15-06-18, 05:14 PM
Christ- if Fabinho is less mobile than a 32 year old Fernandinho that is worrying!

Might have thought a replacement LB might be in the squad. Doesnít Sandro sometimes play further up?

I was purely going off the CM attís and value comparing as well with my original statement

trunky
16-06-18, 03:24 PM
Felipe Luis as well. Very good full back. Brazil have 3, so one has to lose out.

The Brazil coach prefers Danilo at right back, who can also cover DM. No need for Fabinho.

GFRay
16-06-18, 10:14 PM

Lads I have gotten word from the bookies how they rate your chances of winning the World Cup. They're not just looking at the strength of your squads, but they have taken your managerial skills into account as well based on former perfomances here on the forum.

You can check out the odds here (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11043) and place some vCash on it if you want. :ok:

trunky
17-06-18, 04:55 PM
Having a wee problem with your save Ray.

Here's a normal one, notice I can click ok on a tactic and choose it...

https://preview.ibb.co/bwSPud/1.png

And here's your save...missing the bottom buttons.

https://preview.ibb.co/hnmOny/2.png

Thoughts?

GFRay
17-06-18, 05:14 PM
Having a wee problem with your save Ray.

Here's a normal one, notice I can click ok on a tactic and choose it...

https://preview.ibb.co/bwSPud/1.png

And here's your save...missing the bottom buttons.

https://preview.ibb.co/hnmOny/2.png

Thoughts?

No idea mate, I can load tactics just fine.

https://s26.postimg.cc/87jd2zjcp/Saving.png (https://postimages.org/)

trunky
17-06-18, 05:53 PM
I'll keep trying but it's only your save. Weirdly.

GFRay
17-06-18, 06:09 PM

And you're using it on Saturn's v5 patch mate? If you can't get it to work on that save then make the tactic in a different one and just tell me the lineup (all by PM ofc :ok:).

trunky
17-06-18, 06:18 PM
And you're using it on Saturn's v5 patch mate? If you can't get it to work on that save then make the tactic in a different one and just tell me the lineup (all by PM ofc :ok:).

Yup, got a few saves with the V5 patch and I can load and use all sort of tactics, I use yours and as soon as I hit enter the buttons disappear. Tried rebooting etc etc but nothing changes. It's only your save. When's the deadline because I'm away until Tuesday in an hour or so.

GFRay
17-06-18, 06:20 PM
Yup, got a few saves with the V5 patch and I can load and use all sort of tactics, I use yours and as soon as I hit enter the buttons disappear. Tried rebooting etc etc but nothing changes. It's only your save. When's the deadline because I'm away until Tuesday in an hour or so.

Deadline is Tuesday 9 pm UK time mate! :ok:

trunky
17-06-18, 06:22 PM
Ok...should have time to fuck about with it. Hopefully.

GFRay
17-06-18, 10:02 PM
Two days left for the deadline and so far 11 of the 16 managers have send in a tactic + lineup.

The following people have until Tuesday 8 pm UK time to get their stuff in order or they will be put on holiday with the Ass Man picking the tactic and players! :ok:

@AJ
@trunky
@Mark
@peaceboy
@Offside Trap

Dermotron
18-06-18, 11:11 AM

I think it's something to do with the directory - Ray's saves are using G: where as the default is C:

GFRay
18-06-18, 11:38 AM
I think it's something to do with the directory - Ray's saves are using G: where as the default is C:

He's having no problems with the UML saves which are also on my G: drive and are on the v5 as well. :noidea:

trunky
18-06-18, 11:46 AM
I switch it to my drive, find the tactic I want, but the ok button disappears!

evesham
18-06-18, 11:58 AM
https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2013/2/16/1361019726937/Paul-Daniels-thats-magic-008.jpg

GFRay
19-06-18, 10:47 AM
Peaceboy has just let me know that he withdraws from the competition.

So Uruguay are still looking for a manager. I will post it up in the shoutbox to see if someone wants to take over. :ok:

CMCZ
19-06-18, 11:53 AM
Fernando Hierro, come save the day once more!

dweatherston11
19-06-18, 01:46 PM
/nice of him to do it on deadline day

drkshadow1
19-06-18, 02:04 PM
I can take Uruguay as well?

GFRay
19-06-18, 02:17 PM
I can take Uruguay as well?

Nope. Either some one else takes Uruguay or we will kick off with only 15 managers and Uruguay will be CPU managed. :ok:

drkshadow1
19-06-18, 03:51 PM
Roger that boss

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 06:47 PM
What's the deadline for taking over Uruguay? I need to install CM again and then the mod so I may have issues getting it to work (I doubt it but you never know).

GFRay
19-06-18, 06:50 PM
What's the deadline for taking over Uruguay? I need to install CM again and then the mod so I may have issues getting it to work (I doubt it but you never know).

Deadline for the first group game is 8 pm UK time tonight. If you can't make it in time then I will add you in after the first game has been played and you can take over for the second game which is played in 5 days! :ok:

Let me know if you're up for it. If you can make it then please PM me your lineup plus tactic before 8 pm.

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 07:05 PM
Apparently, it's going to take an hour for me to download the ISO file (an hour for a 290mb, that hosting service is being stingy with its download speed lol, I can download 30gb ish files in that time). I do have the game somewhere along with my old story ave but I've put it somewhere when I was cleaning my "game cuboard" and now can't find it lol. I'll spend some time tonight getting it all read etc. and I'll let you know if everything is fine so you can add me in for the 2nd set of matches.

GFRay
19-06-18, 07:09 PM
Apparently, it's going to take an hour for me to download the ISO file (an hour for a 290mb, that hosting service is being stingy with its download speed lol, I can download 30gb ish files in that time). I do have the game somewhere along with my old story ave but I've put it somewhere when I was cleaning my "game cuboard" and now can't find it lol. I'll spend some time tonight getting it all read etc. and I'll let you know if everything is fine so you can add me in for the 2nd set of matches.

Try this one perhaps from my personal sendspace: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/jhcmna.

Does it take the same amount of time to download it?

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 07:11 PM
Cheers, that one is going to take me 2 minutes lol.

GFRay
19-06-18, 07:15 PM
Cheers, that one is going to take me 2 minutes lol.

Do you need the 3.9.68 patch (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/8mkxdr) and the Saturn v5 patch files (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/w5effd) as well?

The v5 data folder already contains the city.dat file from the March 2018 database. You'd only need to download an .exe of your liking, but those are small files.

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 07:19 PM
Was about to ask lol. Not allowed to download more than one file apparently.

GFRay
19-06-18, 07:20 PM
Was about to ask lol. Not allowed to download more than one file apparently.

You mean more than one at the same time? Or in total?

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 07:28 PM
It would only let me download one file at a time. I was downloading the .68 patch and it wouldn't let me download the data file until the .68 patch had finished downloading.

GFRay
19-06-18, 07:31 PM
It would only let me download one file at a time. I was downloading the .68 patch and it wouldn't let me download the data file until the .68 patch had finished downloading.
The save game is in this thread btw: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11011&page=3&p=392059#post392059.

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 07:35 PM
It's working, I'll send you the file in a few minutes. Don't really know the Uruguayan team so we'll see how this goes lol.

drkshadow1
19-06-18, 07:51 PM
WHAT A LEGEND!

Jokerjake7
19-06-18, 07:52 PM
I've sent in my squad. What site do you use to host your images on?

drkshadow1
19-06-18, 07:58 PM
Me personally i am lazy and just Use IMGUR

GFRay
19-06-18, 08:55 PM
I ran into some issues where I couldn't make substitutions as I was unable to drag and drop players. Read through some threads and found the problem: need to update Windows.

Pretty annoying as I was halfway through the games and now will have to restart everything. As I'm pretty tired from a long day and have a day off tomorrow, I will run the games tomorrow morning.

So have a little patience and stay tuned! :ok:

GFRay
20-06-18, 08:03 AM

Welcome to the start of our very own World Cup 2018! All the participants have been given a nation and have submitted a tactic + lineup for the first game in their groups. Since the first group games IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

Note: I wanted to make a nice video with me playing all the games and providing in depth commentary, but as soon as I launch the recording program CM starts bugging and I can't make substitutions anymore. I can't drag players anymore which poses a problem. I looked for solutions on here, updated windows etc, but nothing helped. The game is fine without the recording program, but when I'm recording the game bugs out. So I decided to do this the old fashioned way: a write-up. :)

Group A

Russia v Saudi Arabia
CMCZ's Russia started the tournament with a game against Saudi Arabia and although Russia wasn't that impressive and the Saudis got some chances, Russia won the game fairly easy in the first 20 mins. Smolov was certainly MotM bagging a hattrick for his country.

https://s26.postimg.cc/53ng219gp/Russia-_Saudi_Arabia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/x3rjmaxhl/Russia-_Saudi_Arabia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/hv1m8jbix/Russia-_Saudi_Arabia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Uruguay v Egypt
Jokerjake7 turned up as final contest in the late hours after peaceboy took his resignation at Uruguay just hours before the match against Egypt. With the new manager Uruguay had no problems with Egypt as they walked to a 3-0 lead before half-time which turned out to be the final score in the end.

https://s26.postimg.cc/pcatnaqmx/Uruguay-_Egypt.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/gh9zcrmex/Uruguay-_Egypt1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/eph0hvart/Uruguay-_Egypt2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/pcatnbds9/R1_Group_A.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group B

Iran v Morocco
https://s26.postimg.cc/iylqk3qwp/Iran-_Morocco.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/lsovxjdnd/Iran-_Morocco1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/rgv6ofppl/Iran-_Morocco2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Portugal v Spain
In our first match between managers JayFlo's Portugal took a very early lead against Dermotron's Spain to which they held on until the break being the better side. In the second half though Spain took over the game and got a deserved equalizer. They even got chances to win the game and so did Portugal, but in the end both teams had to settle for a draw.

https://s26.postimg.cc/nkhusj4qx/Portugal-_Spain.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/c859aqgmh/Portugal-_Spain1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/4s5zoy0mx/Portugal-_Spain2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/eph0i0no9/R1_Group_B.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group C

Australia v France
MIKEBARCELONA's France played their first game against Australia and got ahead with two goals before the break dominating the match. They continued to do that in the second half as well and added a third goal before Australia did something back in the final seconds of the game, but that goal was only for the records.

https://s26.postimg.cc/iylqkge5l/Australia-_France.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/xuk9s1xa1/Australia-_France1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/4felj20g9/Australia-_France2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Peru v Denmark
Dweatherston11's Denmark opened up with a quick goal before Peru saw a men getting send off. Denmark dominated the game after that and only scored once more before half-time and continued in the second half, adding two more goals to their tally.

https://s26.postimg.cc/3pvt6pfc9/Peru-_Denmark.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/677kdxwnt/Peru-_Denmark1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/9qti3ru8p/Peru-_Denmark2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/ecpmc3d6x/R1_Group_C.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group D

Nigeria v Croatia
Erkifino's Croatia showed a dominating display against Nigeria, but only managed to score once in the first half. In the second half the constant siege of the Nigerian goal continued and Croatia managed to score two more goals to start their World Cup well.

https://s26.postimg.cc/skfb0an6h/Nigeria-_Croatia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/audmf8u61/Nigeria-_Croatia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/c9f73zq49/Nigeria-_Croatia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Argentina v Iceland
Trunky's Argentina played a poor first half against tough Iceland as both teams scored once to go equal into the break. In the second half however trunky's men looked like they had pepper in their asses as they were all over the pitch, pushing Iceland back and scoring two more goals to get a 3-1 win.

https://s26.postimg.cc/3r5qznbvt/Argentina-_Iceland.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/ltytqucvd/Argentina-_Iceland1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/cyxzgc3ih/Argentina-_Iceland2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/g5sizy0t5/R1_Group_D.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group E

Brazil v Switzerland
In our second game between managers Redknapp69's Brazil suffered a blow when captain Thiago Silva came off early with an injury against Offside Trap's Switzerland. That same Switzerland took the lead in the first half, but Brazil managed to equalize right before half-time. In the second half both teams played attacking football with Brazil being the slightly better side, but no more goals followed and both teams had to settle for a point.

https://s26.postimg.cc/jpegpw0zt/Brazil-_Switzerland.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/in4a7c2qx/Brazil-_Switzerland1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/a4uu30jdl/Brazil-_Switzerland2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Serbia v Costa Rica
https://s26.postimg.cc/hxlhuz9x5/Serbia-_Costa_Rica.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/cyxzgfqop/Serbia-_Costa_Rica1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/567bogczt/Serbia-_Costa_Rica2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/7aropj6wp/R1_Group_E.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group F

Germany v Mexico
In our third game between managers AtomicAnt's Germany faced off with drkshadow1's Mexico who opened the game with a quick goal to put Germany behind and chasing. Germany switched up a gear and certainly got chances, but a total of three goals were disallowed for offside in the first half. In the second half Germany managed to finally get an onside goal to equalize and despite chances from both sides, no more goals were scored.

https://s26.postimg.cc/gvbbckgux/Germany-_Mexico.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/4gojc8hmx/Germany-_Mexico1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/f3icho57t/Germany-_Mexico2.png (https://postimages.org/)

South Korea v Sweden
https://s26.postimg.cc/9fc1qso0p/South-_Korea-_Sweden.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/43x562mih/South-_Korea-_Sweden1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/pdkrgxaix/South-_Korea-_Sweden2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/mjhm3iaxl/R1_Group_F.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group G

Belgium v Panama
GFRay's Belgium had no problems with Panama as they walked out to an early 3-0 lead before the break. Two more goals were added by Belgium who proved very efficient in converting their shots on goal.

https://s26.postimg.cc/6y0ajlwfd/Belgium-_Panama.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/hku3p0wux/Belgium-_Panama1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/9fc1qvo1l/Belgium-_Panama2.png (https://postimages.org/)

England v Tunisia
Mark's England dominated the game against Tunisia and although it took theym an half hour to open the score, they did go into the break up by two goals. Two more goals were added for England in the second half before Tunisia did something back. In the final minute England added a 5th and got an easy win.

https://s26.postimg.cc/qsmc5pw7d/England-_Tunisia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/6l8wder09/England-_Tunisia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/43x564ze1/England-_Tunisia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/kex92g461/R1_Group_G.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group H

Colombia v Japan
AJ's Colombia opened up against Japan who took an early lead. Davinson Sanchez injured himself during that goal as he had to be substituted off right after. Colombia tried to get back in it, but failed to convert their chances in the first half. A siege was expected in the second half, but Japan held their own pretty easy. And when Colombia managed to equalize, Japan immidiately cancelled out that goal with one of their own and stood their ground until the final whistle.

https://s26.postimg.cc/wtk12xgah/Colombia-_Japan.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/43x5699pl/Colombia-_Japan1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/skfb0qxll/Colombia-_Japan2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Senegal v Poland
Evesham's Poland got off to a great start with a very early goal against Senegal. The rest of the game proved to be a walk in the park for Poland who scored once more before the break and two more in the second half including a penalty.

https://s26.postimg.cc/sx6p6x0ft/Senegal-_Poland.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/sx6p6x0ft/Senegal-_Poland.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/v1r280p7t/Senegal-_Poland1.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/mw909tye1/R1_Group_H.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the first round of games. Less unexpected results than IRL, but still some shockers like Brazil drawing against Switzerland and Colombia losing to Japan. You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/lw4gl9).

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the second group match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark. You should send me a PM even when you don't wish to change anything, but just to confirm that you're sticking with what you submitted. :ok:

The second group matches in the World Cup IRL are played until the 24th of June so the deadline to send me your tactic and lineup or a PM thay you're sticking is Sunday 24th June 8 pm UK time.

Should you still miss the deadline then you will go on holiday for the match with your assistant manager playing with the tactic you've submitted. You will also receive a strike and after three strikes you'll be resigned from the game.

3. Your tactic must have wide players somewhere on the pitch (DL/DR, DML/DMR, ML/MR, AML/AMR or FL/FR).

On the 24th of June I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the second group matches later that night.

That's it for now! Well done guys! :ok:

Redknapp69
20-06-18, 08:07 AM
Draw'll do against a fellow manager and for first game up

Looks like we shaded it

Hopefully Silva not injured for long :pray:

Nice one Ray - will check rest of the games later :ok:

CMCZ
20-06-18, 08:13 AM
Most matches have ended pretty similair to real life. Great job Update Team! :D

drkshadow1
20-06-18, 08:23 AM
Great write up for the matches some quick goals scored. Glad to not lose my first gam

AJ
20-06-18, 09:00 AM
What the hell Colombia?? You had instructions to WIN!

evesham
20-06-18, 09:26 AM
wow a great set of results for our managed teams except for poor AJ's Colombia losing to Japan, after the UML debacle and now this poor start has AJ lost his mojo :confused:
Portugal v Spain (Jay v Derm) a fair result, but both teams in danger of not Qualifying now sitting 3rd and 4th :lol:
Brazil v Swiss (Red v OT) another fair result, but gratz to OT for getting the draw vs a strong Brazil and taking a cheeky lead :)
Germany v Mexico (Atomic v drk) close game and a fine draw for the underdogs Mexico.

My 4-0 win for Poland will give my Telephone Assistant Manager info0 something to smile about after the real WC,
thanks for the write up Ray.

Mark
20-06-18, 09:28 AM
Apparently Derm didn't want to name 9 subs :D

Nearly every game here started off emulating real life :D Even Brazil drew!

Germany would have taken that draw IRL :lol:

That's how England should have done it! Sterling running riot :eek:

Erkifino
20-06-18, 11:06 AM
So, it's cm0102 that has given elevated notions of the world cup.

#overpowered

:P

Nice one Ray. Handy result for Croatia.

AJ
20-06-18, 11:17 AM
wow a great set of results for our managed teams except for poor AJ's Colombia losing to Japan, after the UML debacle and now this poor start has AJ lost his mojo :confused:
Portugal v Spain (Jay v Derm) a fair result, but both teams in danger of not Qualifying now sitting 3rd and 4th :lol:
Brazil v Swiss (Red v OT) another fair result, but gratz to OT for getting the draw vs a strong Brazil and taking a cheeky lead :)
Germany v Mexico (Atomic v drk) close game and a fine draw for the underdogs Mexico.

My 4-0 win for Poland will give my Telephone Assistant Manager info0 something to smile about after the real WC,
thanks for the write up Ray.

Thank God for CML then.

Jokerjake7
20-06-18, 11:39 AM
I'll take 3-0 considering I had to name the squad and tactic in roughly 30 minutes lol. Egypt, not much of a threat when Mo Salah isn't performing. Should beat Saudi Arabia and the game against CMCZ's Russia to decide who tops the group. Round of 16 is going to be tough either way so not sure how much that matters.

If Uruguay messes up the game against Saudi Arabia after I've said this I'm going to be one unhappy bunny.

JayFlo
20-06-18, 01:57 PM
Oooooo, has Dermo on the ropes in the second half! Interesting to see all human vs human games were draws and only AJ lost!

AtomicAnt
20-06-18, 04:08 PM
Germany switched up a gear and certainly got chances, but a total of three goals were disallowed for offside in the first half.

ffs, no VAR? I'm pretty sure a few of them were onside!!

GFRay
20-06-18, 04:11 PM
ffs, no VAR? I'm pretty sure a few of them were onside!!

You can check them out yourselves in the save game. Don't think CM uses VAR. :lol:

GFRay
22-06-18, 08:10 AM
Only 4 people so far have send me a pm with their changes or confirming they'll stick for next game.

Deadline to make any changes is coming Sunday 8 pm UK time. :ok:

evesham
22-06-18, 09:32 AM
thanks for the reminder, will send later

Offside Trap
23-06-18, 10:54 AM
Have sent a pm Ray

I'm pleased with that, good game Redders

AJ
24-06-18, 12:07 PM
as I seen to have run out of time, Colombia sticks for now.

Jokerjake7
24-06-18, 04:54 PM
I sent mine in yesterday if I recall correctly. Saudi Arabia isn't going to know what hit 'em!

GFRay
24-06-18, 09:09 PM

And we've come to the second round of group stages in our very own World Cup game. All the contestants have send in a tactic/lineup or sticked with their previous submissions in time. Since the second group games IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

Group A

Egypt v Russia
https://s26.postimg.cc/ulw19q7qx/Egypt-_Russia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/mgdzbjgx5/Egypt-_Russia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/6uwnrlzu1/Egypt-_Russia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Saudi Arabia v Uruguay
https://s26.postimg.cc/uynffwxqh/Saudi_Arabia-_Uruguay.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/3o247yzyh/Saudi_Arabia-_Uruguay1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/yi9d5oxvd/Saudi_Arabia-_Uruguay2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/mt5dhg495/Group_A.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group B

Morocco v Portugal
https://s26.postimg.cc/iws1lpyrt/Morocco-_Portugal.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/7x6ua3sx5/Morocco-_Portugal1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/yi9d5nnkp/Morocco-_Portugal2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Spain v Iran
https://s26.postimg.cc/40tie5py1/Spain-_Iran.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/lqv6z68nt/Spain-_Iran1.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/u94n3hzqx/Spain-_Iran2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/4dkwk2kzt/Group_B.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group C

Denmark v Australia
https://s26.postimg.cc/dy4j75cyh/Denmark-_Australia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/b41dtovcp/Denmark-_Australia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/89y8g90w9/Denmark-_Australia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

France v Peru
https://s26.postimg.cc/cj2yifz0p/France-_Peru.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/u94n3h4vt/France-_Peru1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/40tie3d2h/France-_Peru2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/9ayh5qkk9/Group_C.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group D

Croatia v Argentina
https://s26.postimg.cc/x37sgvwrd/Croatia-_Argentina.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/6uwnri4y1/Croatia-_Argentina1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/fpxi206l5/Croatia-_Argentina2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Iceland v Nigeria
https://s26.postimg.cc/65dvf36yh/Iceland-_Nigeria.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/tjlur09g9/Iceland-_Nigeria1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/gfgaeau95/Iceland-_Nigeria2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/r105qs5ux/Group_D.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group E

Costa Rica v Brazil
https://s26.postimg.cc/nio5u0f55/Costa_Rica-_Brazil.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/wdp04i92h/Costa_Rica-_Brazil1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/ennbjh37d/Costa_Rica-_Brazil2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Switzerland v Serbia
https://s26.postimg.cc/i79998vmh/Switzerland-_Serbia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/x37sgtzbd/Switzerland-_Serbia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/ulw19jzzd/Switzerland-_Serbia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/5el59rf09/Group_E.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group F

Mexico v South Korea
https://s26.postimg.cc/eavxd75h5/Mexico-_South_Korea.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/ik0nfctax/Mexico-_South_Korea1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/eavxd6xrd/Mexico-_South_Korea2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Sweden v Germany
https://s26.postimg.cc/eavxd7d6x/Sweden-_Germany.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/8mpmm9yjt/Sweden-_Germany1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/65dvf0md5/Sweden-_Germany2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/yv0rblsx5/Group_F.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group G

Panama v England
https://s26.postimg.cc/9ozt4twsp/Panama-_England.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/xfz6mwuex/Panama-_England1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/wqgeak9ax/Panama-_England2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Tunisia v Belgium
https://s26.postimg.cc/pah4ordvt/Tunisia-_Belgium.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/fd63voquh/Tunisia-_Belgium1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/btk65vgex/Tunisia-_Belgium2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/rrsvvzfrt/Group_G.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group H

Poland v Colombia
https://s26.postimg.cc/pn8iv0gqx/Poland-_Colombia.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/h4z2qo2ih/Poland-_Colombia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/twd8x5wux/Poland-_Colombia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Japan v Senegal
https://s26.postimg.cc/shbo8i8nd/Japan-_Senegal.png (https://postimages.org/)
https://s26.postimg.cc/su32eobhl/Japan-_Senegal1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/nio5tyx4p/Japan-_Senegal2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/hhqgwr5bt/Group_H.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the second round of games. Not many surprises again with the biggest one being Brazil drawing (again) against Costa Rica this time. Also AJ has suffered his second loss this time against evesham's Poland, but can still get through if he wins against Senegal in the final game with a big enough score. The game between trunky's Argentina and Erkifino's Croatia was decided by a Croatian own goal, but in the end a deserved win for Argentina.

You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/ynbv7v).

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the third and final group match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark. You should send me a PM even when you don't wish to change anything, but just to confirm that you're sticking with what you submitted. :ok:

The third group matches in the World Cup IRL are played until the 28th of June so the deadline to send me your tactic and lineup or a PM thay you're sticking is Thursday 28th June 8 pm UK time.

Should you still miss the deadline then you will go on holiday for the match with your assistant manager playing with the tactic you've submitted. You will also receive a strike and after three strikes you'll be resigned from the game.

On the 28th of June I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the second group matches later that night.

evesham
24-06-18, 09:23 PM
Come on AJ you can do it, I'll spank Japan for you, you do the rest :ok:
Thanks Ray, good write up :)

JayFlo
24-06-18, 09:29 PM
Thanks Ray :)

Pleased to see Portugal do well without CR7 having to score!

Some interesting results for our human-led teams! Some close groups, too.

Redknapp69
24-06-18, 09:35 PM
:pound: - we are going out :lol:

This is where Costa Rica and Switzerland agree to a draw in next game as well :hat:

We need a massive win to qualify now!

drkshadow1
24-06-18, 09:43 PM
Glad to get a second win need to do it in the last match to make sure we go through

Erkifino
24-06-18, 10:10 PM
After watching Argentina in real life I can't help but think they may be a tad overpowered in cm0102.

Oh and Fuck you Modric.

Good work Ray

Jokerjake7
24-06-18, 10:27 PM
Don't think I've ever played a game with 22 shots on target. WTF were Saudi Arabia doing :pound::pound::pound:

CMCZ
24-06-18, 10:34 PM
Don't think I've ever played a game with 22 shots on target. WTF were Saudi Arabia doing :pound::pound::pound:

Can we make a deal? If we play our last group match with our reserve players we have our first 11 players fresh for the matches against Portugal and Spain. Let's beat these Group B wankers! :ok:

Offside Trap
25-06-18, 09:34 AM
Wow - Brazil proper ChampManned there

I'm pleased with that

dweatherston11
25-06-18, 09:56 AM
Denmark on their way! 3-0 up in no time and cruised home.
Maybe rest some players against France but we will see. Win the group and play Croatia, runner up and play Argentina. Should be interesting!

Mark
25-06-18, 12:15 PM
Redders :eek:

Modric own goal, really! :D

Kroos still saved Germany after they were down to 10 men :D

Pleased to see I recorded a 4:0 win despite making mass changes. It was no 6:1 though!

Jokerjake7
25-06-18, 02:04 PM
Can we make a deal? If we play our last group match with our reserve players we have our first 11 players fresh for the matches against Portugal and Spain. Let's beat these Group B wankers! :ok:

Wouldn't that be match fixing or something, or as Putin got our back on this one?

Dermotron
25-06-18, 02:16 PM
Big top of the table clashes in last round :shocked:

GFRay
25-06-18, 02:23 PM
As it stands now I think three participants could be terminated after next rounds matches:

1. AJ. He can still go through if he beats Senegal, but it will depended on if evesham's Poland beats Japan and by what margin.
2. Redknapp69. Needs to win his game against Serbia and hope that Offside Trap's Switzerland beats Costa Rica.
3. drkshadow1. Will at least need a draw against Sweden to be sure, but a loss means exit.

Sure others aren't safe yet either, but given their fixtures I don't expect them to mess up. :ok:

drkshadow1
25-06-18, 02:44 PM
No pressure

AJ
25-06-18, 02:47 PM
As it stands now I think three participants could be terminated after next rounds matches:

1. AJ. He can still go through if he beats Senegal, but it will depended on if evesham's Poland beats Japan and by what margin.
2. Redknapp69. Needs to win his game against Serbia and hope that Offside Trap's Switzerland beats Costa Rica.
3. drkshadow1. Will at least need a draw against Sweden to be sure, but a loss means exit.

Sure others aren't safe yet either, but given their fixtures I don't expect them to mess up. :ok:

My Colombian apparently sucks.

CMCZ
25-06-18, 09:37 PM
Wouldn't that be match fixing or something, or as Putin got our back on this one?

I gave some money to Blatter. He promised me he would talk to Putin :ok:

Redknapp69
26-06-18, 12:14 AM
Sounds like Ray has already played the games :whistle:

GFRay
26-06-18, 05:16 AM
Sounds like Ray has already played the games :whistle:Haha no mate. Just my personal thoughts going into the deciding round. :ok:

GFRay
26-06-18, 02:21 PM
Little over two days left until the deadline and no submissions or sticks from:

JayFlo
AJ
AtomicAnt
drkshadow1
Dermotron
CMCZ
jokerjake7

Don't forget to submit or stick in time to avoid getting a strike and being put on default tacs/lineup by Ass Man. :ok:

Dermotron
26-06-18, 03:00 PM
Sent mine last Friday

GFRay
26-06-18, 03:28 PM
Sent mine last Friday

That one was for the second group game that I played Sunday mate. This is for the third group game coming Thursday. :ok:

Dermotron
26-06-18, 04:21 PM
Ah. I went back too far looking for the save game, already had a copy of sure I had submitted a lineup

:typing:

Jokerjake7
26-06-18, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8ftwZMs5EM

Suarez didn't seem too happy when he was told he might be rested, especially with him being tied at the top of the race for the Golden Boot LOL.

In all seriousness, I'll be resting some players that I consider to be my first 11.

GFRay
27-06-18, 03:57 PM
Still waiting on JayFlo, drkshadow1 and jokerjake7 to submit/stick before tomorrow's matches! :ok:

Jokerjake7
27-06-18, 04:57 PM
Don't worry I'm on it. I'll be sending mine tonight :ok:

JayFlo
27-06-18, 09:53 PM
I’ve had a look and I’m not making changes. I need my team across the line professionally.

drkshadow1
28-06-18, 07:29 PM
MEXICO OI OI OI

CMCZ
28-06-18, 08:39 PM
Still waiting on JayFlo, drkshadow1 and jokerjake7 to submit/stick before tomorrow's matches! :ok:

Don't worry I'm on it. I'll be sending mine tonight :ok:

Iíve had a look and Iím not making changes. I need my team across the line professionally.

MEXICO OI OI OI
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LegoRK/diversedingen/the-lion-king-hyenas.jpg

GFRay
28-06-18, 09:00 PM

And we've come to the third round of group stages in our very own World Cup game. All the contestants have send in a tactic/lineup or sticked with their previous submissions in time. Since the second group games IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

Group A

Russia v Uruguay
https://s26.postimg.cc/qct70hxa1/Russia-_Uruguay.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/5sod209t5/Russia-_Uruguay1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/shdk1lec9/Russia-_Uruguay2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Saudi Arabia v Egypt
https://s26.postimg.cc/5sod2023d/Saudi-_Egypt.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/9caarsx3d/Saudi-_Egypt1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/535kpnop5/Saudi-_Egypt2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/dy6f05awp/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group B

Iran v Portugal
https://s26.postimg.cc/r2bzctft5/Iran-_Portugal.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/y5jusey3d/Iran-_Portugal1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/mgfv4geuh/Iran-_Portugal2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Morocco v Spain
https://s26.postimg.cc/xg12g1pu1/Morocco-_Spain.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/a1t344v21/Morocco-_Spain1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/s4m5vd6c9/Morocco-_Spain2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/ol085kbc9/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group C

Denmark v France
https://s26.postimg.cc/eaxt6gb7t/Denmark-_France.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/xssgmdsq1/Denmark-_France1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/btm1z6jll/Denmark-_France2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Peru v Australia
https://s26.postimg.cc/wdqvxnjx5/Peru-_Austrialia.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/3o401087d/Peru-_Austrialia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/535kpq1kp/Peru-_Austrialia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/8ziwlo4jt/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group D

Croatia v Iceland
https://s26.postimg.cc/xg12g6fl5/Croatia-_Iceland.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/paj0i0jmh/Croatia-_Iceland1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/rf3dj3djd/Croatia-_Iceland2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Nigeria v Argentina
https://s26.postimg.cc/dy6f07vi1/Nigeria-_Argentina.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/niq1n35eh/Nigeria-_Argentina1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/5sod21zjd/Nigeria-_Argentina2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/shdk1ltrt/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group E

Costa Rica v Switzerland
https://s26.postimg.cc/shdk1sgyx/Costa_Rica-_Switzerland.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/f0gliwji1/Costa_Rica-_Switzerland1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/enp7cq8y1/Costa_Rica-_Switzerland2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Serbia v Brazil
https://s26.postimg.cc/aekhakdeh/Serbia-_Brazil.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/dy6f0cdjd/Serbia-_Brazil1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/f0gliwbs9/Serbia-_Brazil2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/c6dg5ejvt/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group F

Germany v South Korea
https://s26.postimg.cc/7x8q39ymx/Germany-_South_Korea.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/6i75eji49/Germany-_South_Korea1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/f0glivgx5/Germany-_South_Korea2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Mexico v Sweden
https://s26.postimg.cc/8ziwlsml5/Mexico-_Sweden.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/9p1oy57p5/Mexico-_Sweden1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/ulxx2tdft/Mexico-_Sweden2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/ol085q3o9/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group G

Belgium v England
https://s26.postimg.cc/5fwyw6es9/Belgium-_England.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/jmcprexd5/Belgium-_England1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/cvw8hzpmx/Belgium-_England2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Panama v Tunisia
https://s26.postimg.cc/cj4ubtmsp/Panama-_Tunisia.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/7khbx9vuh/Panama-_Tunisia1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/b439n3dzt/Panama-_Tunisia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/6uyjkssp5/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

Group H

Colombia v Senegal
https://s26.postimg.cc/6i75eonax/Colombia-_Senegal.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/4qe6jr92x/Colombia-_Senegal1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/gs9kdwq15/Colombia-_Senegal2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Japan v Poland
https://s26.postimg.cc/r2bzd6art/Japan-_Poland.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/q01sumcix/Japan-_Poland1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/btm1zdty1/Japan-_Poland2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Table
https://s26.postimg.cc/6uyjkskzd/image.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the third round of games. All but one did what was expected from them and qualified for the next round. Drkshadow1's Mexico needed at least a draw against Sweden, but unfortunately lost so he's the only manager to be eliminated after the group stage. Redknapp69's Brazil did what they had to do in their final game as they beat Serbia by a big margin. But perhaps the greatest of escapes was pulled by AJ's Colombia who needed Poland to beat Japan and a win against Senegal themselves with more than 3 goals. In the end the 5-1 victory was enough for Colombia to clinch second place in the group.

You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/lrn05y).

Here are the matches for the round of 16:

https://s26.postimg.cc/lqx2sdoo9/Roundof_16.png (https://postimages.org/)

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the Round of 16 match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark. You should send me a PM even when you don't wish to change anything, but just to confirm that you're sticking with what you submitted. :ok:

The Round of 16 matches in the World Cup IRL are played until the 3th of July so the deadline to send me your tactic and lineup or a PM thay you're sticking is Tuesday 3th July 8 pm UK time.

On the 3th of July I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the second group matches later that night.

evesham
28-06-18, 09:09 PM
great write up Ray, published at 9pm to avoid fines :ok:
Gratz to AJ for the fine win, unlucky shadow :(

drkshadow1
28-06-18, 09:10 PM
F sweden scum bags! wheres the stats from that I fully expect super keeper full force 10

GFRay
28-06-18, 09:14 PM
F sweden scum bags! wheres the stats from that I fully expect super keeper full force 10

Under the spoiler under your own game muppet. :lol:

Erkifino
28-06-18, 09:26 PM
Danes looking solid...

Jokerjake7
28-06-18, 09:29 PM
Turns out Uruguay have an old squad so I had no choice but to take it easy then CMCZ decides he can't be bothered to look at the save and just uses his first team anyway (was really hoping to inflict an injury lol). On the bright side, Putin won't send an assassin after me or anything.

I'll be cheering on Portugal, sort them out JayFlo!

CMCZ
28-06-18, 09:30 PM

Oi oi oi indeed :( Tough luck!

CMCZ
28-06-18, 09:33 PM
Turns out Uruguay have an old squad so I had no choice but to take it easy then CMCZ decides he can't be bothered to look at the save and just uses his first team anyway (was really hoping to inflict an injury lol). On the bright side, Putin won't send an assassin after me or anything.

I'll be cheering on Portugal, sort them out JayFlo!

Heeeey! I was nice to inform you about me using the best 11 :D No need to look at the save game. I trust my Russians (and our medical staffs methods :D) Good luck against Spain! If you take down Ron, I will take down JayFlo. :ok: See you in the final!

Dermotron
28-06-18, 09:34 PM
Drkshadow letting the side down :doh:

Onwards and upwards for La Roja

Redknapp69
29-06-18, 01:09 AM
Brazil :cool:

Great effort Ray!

Bitch of a draw for us v Germany:frusty:

Mark
29-06-18, 12:21 PM
Mexico are out :eek: Unlucky drkshadow1!

England got well and truly battered by Belgium :( Hopefully we'll get our acts together for Poland!

dweatherston11
29-06-18, 12:22 PM
Danes looking solid...

They look like a solid unit. Young handsome manager too I've heard.

dweatherston11
29-06-18, 12:26 PM
Great job Ray. Disappointing display from Mexico! Beautiful win for Colombia gives them confidence going into Belgium game.

For Denmark a tough game against Croatia. Will look at my squad and see how they are set. Braithwaite and Poulsen injuries we will wait and see if they make it.

CMCZ
01-07-18, 06:27 PM
:pray: So far pretty familiar results with the real WC, let's hope it happens again :pray:

GFRay
01-07-18, 09:58 PM
:pray: So far pretty familiar results with the real WC, let's hope it happens again :pray:

No chance. Dermo has already bribed me to ensure a positive outcome for him no matter what. You can counter him though with some extra points in your World Cup game ;) :lol:

CMCZ
01-07-18, 10:20 PM
Can't do. We are Russia, we only play fair.

Dermotron
02-07-18, 10:30 AM
My formation is a 10 man midfield with all the players instructed to pass to centre and those in the centre to pass to the right or left. Tika taka the shit out of it

GFRay
02-07-18, 01:56 PM
Alright so the deadline is tomorrow 8 pm UK time and still no submissions/sticks from:

@Redknapp69
@JayFlo
@Erkifino
@AJ
@AtomicAnt
@trunky
@CMCZ
@MIKEBARCELONA

Don't forget me to PM me your tactic/lineup or stick before the deadline otherwise you'll be put on holiday with the Ass Man picking your tactic/lineup. We're in the knockout stage now so any mistake can be crucial.

AJ
02-07-18, 01:59 PM
Oops. Jeez, so much going on. I'll get on this tonight.

Redknapp69
02-07-18, 02:26 PM
pm'd

Thought I already did :lol:

AJ
02-07-18, 06:29 PM
tested three times, my GK gets send off three times...we lose all games, 5-1, 5-2 and 6-2. There's no hope. So, no changes and let's go ASSMAN!!

Erkifino
02-07-18, 11:19 PM
Alright so the deadline is tomorrow 8 pm UK time and still no submissions/sticks from:

@Redknapp69
@JayFlo
@Erkifino
@AJ
@AtomicAnt
@trunky
@CMCZ
@MIKEBARCELONA

Don't forget me to PM me your tactic/lineup or stick before the deadline otherwise you'll be put on holiday with the Ass Man picking your tactic/lineup. We're in the knockout stage now so any mistake can be crucial.

If I don't get on stick. But I probably will get on. :ok:

GFRay
03-07-18, 09:54 PM

And we've come to the Round of 16 in our very own World Cup game. All the contestants have send in a tactic/lineup or sticked with their previous submissions in time. Since the Round of 16 IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

Russia vs Portugal
https://s26.postimg.cc/70rkfzb0p/Russia-_Portugal.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/95bxh24xl/Russia-_Portugal1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/egqu1rjah/Russia-_Portugal2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Argentina vs France
https://s26.postimg.cc/46of2jvzt/Argentina-_France.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/eti87yopl/Argentina-_France1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/46of2joa1/Argentina-_France2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Switzerland vs Sweden
https://s26.postimg.cc/5yhdxhpnd/Switzerland-_Sweden.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/tpgrfli4p/Switzerland-_Sweden1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/5lpzrbf3d/Switzerland-_Sweden2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Poland vs England
https://s26.postimg.cc/id45xuc0p/Poland-_England.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/6o069v5mh/Poland-_England1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/831qylefd/Poland-_England2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Spain vs Uruguay
https://s26.postimg.cc/k4x4st895/Spain-_Uruguay.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/j2mya8ukp/Spain-_Uruguay1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/70rkg40rt/Spain-_Uruguay2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Denmark vs Croatia
https://s26.postimg.cc/m9hhtwpbd/Denmark-_Croatia.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/j2mya9hq1/Denmark-_Croatia1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/8ft54tu55/Denmark-_Croatia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Germany vs Brazil
https://s26.postimg.cc/96lva4jih/Germany-_Brazil.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/4xh57y0tl/Germany-_Brazil1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/96lva4bsp/Germany-_Brazil2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Belgium vs Colombia
https://s26.postimg.cc/hc3x89cw9/Belgium-_Colombia.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/f69mechbt/Belgium-_Colombia1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/q74ris9eh/Belgium-_Colombia2.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the Round of 16. Some surprises as Offside Trap's Switzerland who needed penalties to go through against Sweden which was the only opponent left that wasn't managed by a player. Another team that needed penalties to go through were Dermotron's Spain who played a tough match against jokerjake7's Uruguay. Erkifino's Croatia were favourites against dweatherston11's Denmark, but failed to beat them and qualify for the next round. But the most insane match of this round was that of AtomicAnt's Germany and Redknapp69's Brazil with the latter seeing two red cards for his side. Germany dominated the Brazilians (7-1 never forget), but failed to score and in the penalty shootout Brazil sneaked the win and qualified for the quarterfinals.

You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/uu6lp9).

Below are the matches for the Quarterfinal. The players that are still in are:

-JayFlo (Portugal)
-MIKEBARCELONA (France)
-Offside Trap (Switzerland)
-Mark (England)
-Dermotron (Spain)
-dweatherston11 (Denmark)
-Redknapp69 (Brazil)
-GFRay (Belgium)

https://s26.postimg.cc/4xh580lex/QF_draw.png (https://postimages.org/)

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the Quarterfinal match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark. You should send me a PM even when you don't wish to change anything, but just to confirm that you're sticking with what you submitted. :ok:

The Round of 16 matches in the World Cup IRL are played until the 7th of July so the deadline to send me your tactic and lineup or a PM thay you're sticking is Saturday 7th July 8 pm UK time.

Should you still miss the deadline then you will go on holiday for the match with your assistant manager playing with the tactic you've submitted.

On the 7th of July I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the second group matches later that night.

Erkifino
03-07-18, 10:00 PM
Well in Denmark!

MIKEBARCELONA
03-07-18, 10:05 PM
Get in England!!!!!!!.......sorry i mean France :peace:

JayFlo
03-07-18, 10:19 PM
Putin couldnít help CMCZ on CM!

Bring on France!

CMCZ
03-07-18, 10:24 PM
Putin couldn’t help CMCZ on CM!

Bring on France!

? I tought I was Belgium? :D

I'm going to support Redknapp. Cracker against Germany :ok:

AtomicAnt
03-07-18, 10:44 PM
Damn, that sucks!! I hereby resign as German manager!

Jokerjake7
03-07-18, 10:55 PM
Coates and Urreta are worse than the English national team. Spain did deserve to go through though on those stats so fair play, even if De Gea ******* scored a penalty. At least Russia got knocked out lol.

Redknapp69
04-07-18, 12:55 AM
Wahahahahahahah - 9 men and we beat Germany on penno's

:rofl:

Ray next up - that's :wave: for me then - been a good ride while it lasted

Cracking stuff running this Ray :high5:

AJ
04-07-18, 07:54 AM
4-0 with a 1st minute red card and the GK goes off in the first half to be replaced with a one armed monkey. Yep, sounds about right.

GFRay
04-07-18, 09:16 AM
4-0 with a 1st minute red card and the GK goes off in the first half to be replaced with a one armed monkey. Yep, sounds about right.

:lol:

Sorry mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Wahahahahahahah - 9 men and we beat Germany on penno's

:rofl:

Ray next up - that's :wave: for me then - been a good ride while it lasted

Cracking stuff running this Ray :high5:

Don't be so sure about that. Brazil have the best team in CM hands down.

Dermotron
04-07-18, 09:35 AM
Might need to change things up with Spain. Lucky to get through.

Mark
04-07-18, 10:27 AM
The ref had balls to send off a Colombia player this time then :D

Solid win for me, happy with that given I did a Southgate and made a few changes to keep players fresh.

Switzerland up next, gonna be tricky.

dweatherston11
04-07-18, 12:38 PM
Go on the Danes!!
JÝrgensen doing the business. Delighted with that, hope the squad is ok to face Spain.

evesham
04-07-18, 04:06 PM
At least i made it further than the real Polska, gratz on the England win Mark :ok:

GFRay
06-07-18, 05:10 PM
One day left before the deadline and no submissions/sticks received from:

@Dermotron
@MIKEBARCELONA

Make sure you'll submit/stick in time to avoid being put on holiday! :ok:

Dermotron
06-07-18, 05:57 PM
Then there was one :)

GFRay
07-07-18, 09:52 PM

And we've come to the Quarterfinals of our very own World Cup game. All the contestants have send in a tactic/lineup or sticked with their previous submissions in time. Since the Quarterfinals IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

Portugal vs France
https://s26.postimg.cc/pnnrxe6op/Portugal-_France.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/7kup64de1/Portugal-_France1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/3ohda5fjt/Portugal-_France2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Switzerland vs England
https://s26.postimg.cc/5gac53gx5/Switzerland-_England.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/tk13tdjyh/Switzerland-_England1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/f0tyrzdyx/Switzerland-_England2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Spain vs Denmark
https://s26.postimg.cc/c6qteigxl/Spain-_Denmark.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/ikfwhqbix/Spain-_Denmark1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/o8m78n30p/Spain-_Denmark2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Brazil vs Belgium
https://s26.postimg.cc/mgt8dqrdl/Brazil-_Belgium.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/418rgbq3t/Brazil-_Belgium1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/4e05mj38p/Brazil-_Belgium2.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the Quarterfinals. Where MIKEBARCELONA's France and Mark's England did what what expected of them as the better placed team, Dermotron's Spain suffered a shock loss after penalties against dweatherston11's Denmark. A first half red card for Vasquez and a penalty for Denmark seemed to eliminate Spain in 90 minutes, but a red card for Schmeichel and a penalty for Spain ten minutes before time brought the teams in balance again. In the end Denmark took the penalties better and caused a major shock by knocking out Spain. The cracker of the quarterfinals between Redknapp69's Brazil and GFRay's Belgium turned out to be less exciting than predicted as Belgium simply dispatched of Brazil.

You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/f307qw).

Below are the matches for the Semi Final as well as the players that are still in:

https://s26.postimg.cc/5t1qbb1rt/Semi_Final.png (https://postimages.org/)

-MIKEBARCELONA (France)
-Mark (England)
-GFRay (Belgium)

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the Semi Final match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark. You should send me a PM even when you don't wish to change anything, but just to confirm that you're sticking with what you submitted. :ok:

The Semi Final matches in the World Cup IRL are played until the 11th of July so the deadline to send me your tactic and lineup or a PM thay you're sticking is Wednesday 11th July 8 pm UK time.

Should you still miss the deadline then you will go on holiday for the match with your assistant manager playing with the tactic you've submitted.

On the 11th of July I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the second group matches later that night.

Redknapp69
07-07-18, 09:55 PM
Wonder how many times you had to run that Ray to beat me ;)

No surprise you won though

Go well in the semi's and great work running this :ok:

GFRay
07-07-18, 10:00 PM
Wonder how many times you had to run that Ray to beat me ;)

No surprise you won though

Go well in the semi's and great work running this :ok:

Just the one time mate. ;)

You were unlucky missing your best DC and losing your other good DC with an injury during the match. First half was pretty even, but second half I ran away with it.

dweatherston11
08-07-18, 02:33 AM
I'd like to appeal the Kasper red card. And also that de Gea is a bastard for making me play extra time with my players tired already.
A deserved win though.
Delighted

Erkifino
08-07-18, 08:44 AM
It's mad that Spain and Denmark went 120 without
subs.

England pushing it a bit?

Brazil neutralised

FranCe worthy winners

Well in y'all!

GFRay
08-07-18, 10:49 AM
It's mad that Spain and Denmark went 120 without
subs.

England pushing it a bit?

Brazil neutralised

FranCe worthy winners

Well in y'all!

I play all games manually and only make subs when injuries occur or sending offs that need replacements like GK or defenders. I subbed on a keeper for Denmark after Schmeichel got send off. :ok:

MIKEBARCELONA
08-07-18, 10:26 PM
hurrah the garlic munchers march on!

Mark
09-07-18, 10:46 AM
Whoohoo! A bit fortunate with the red card and penalty though, VAR must have worked :ok:

Shocker to see Spain and Brazil out!

Dermotron
09-07-18, 12:39 PM
Vazquez you bellend

GFRay
11-07-18, 09:48 PM

And we've come to the Semi finals of our very own World Cup game. All the contestants have send in a tactic/lineup or sticked with their previous submissions in time. Since the Semi finals IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

France vs England
https://s26.postimg.cc/d37iipau1/France-_England.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/phuaj0mwp/France-_England1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/4ky2edc15/France-_England2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Denmark vs Belgium
https://s26.postimg.cc/5zzn33ku1/Denmark-_Belgium.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/ev0hdlmh5/Denmark-_Belgium1.png (https://postimages.org/) https://s26.postimg.cc/9wcyz3djd/Denmark-_Belgium2.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the Semi finals. MIKEBARCELONA's France were very efficient scoring their first three shots at goal to go up 3-0. Mark's England showed nothing in the first half, but tried something in the second half although Lloris managed to avoid doing a 'Butland' and kept a clean sheet. GFRay's Belgium dominated the game against dweatherston11's Denmark, but had trouble scoring against them even with a man less after a sending off for Vestergaard. In the second half the deciding goal got scored late in the game to put Belgium through to the Final.

You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/l7ioq6).

Below are the matches for the Third place and Final as well as the players that are still in:

https://s26.postimg.cc/3vfa1zgmh/3rd_place.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/dfywouy8p/Final.png (https://postimages.org/)

-MIKEBARCELONA (France)
-Mark (England)
-GFRay (Belgium)

Now you will need submit a tactic and lineup for the Third place and Final match and you need to send it to me by PM to keep the other managers in the dark. You should send me a PM even when you don't wish to change anything, but just to confirm that you're sticking with what you submitted. :ok:

The Third place and Final matches in the World Cup IRL are played until the 15th of July so the deadline to send me your tactic and lineup or a PM thay you're sticking is Sunday 15th July 8 pm UK time.

On the 15th of July I will play the games manually to avoid that the assistant manager will mess up your tactic/lineup. The only subs I will make are when injuries or sending offs occur. I will post the results of all the second group matches later that night.

evesham
11-07-18, 09:52 PM
c'mon we all know whos gonna win it, Ray is like the darts version of MVG, his fibonacci tactic will win it

CMCZ
11-07-18, 09:55 PM
Probably played the Denmark-game 5 or 6 times and still needed a red card to win. :D

dweatherston11
11-07-18, 09:58 PM
Gutted. What an effort and tournament from Denmark.

GFRay
11-07-18, 09:59 PM
Probably played the Denmark-game 5 or 6 times and still needed a red card to win. :D

I know you're joking, but comments like these make me want to quit doing stuff like this. There's always that underlying feeling that when I participate myself I'm 'cheating' at my own results which is just demotivating.

Can't help it that I'm actually decent at this game and know how stuff works.

- - - Updated - - -

Gutted. What an effort and tournament from Denmark.

Yes you did very well mate. Can be proud of them Danes! :ok:

MIKEBARCELONA
11-07-18, 10:06 PM
well at least my France side have made the final on what is a very disappointing evening.
Need to win the final now to lift my dampened spirits.

CMCZ
12-07-18, 07:15 AM
I know you're joking, but comments like these make me want to quit doing stuff like this. There's always that underlying feeling that when I participate myself I'm 'cheating' at my own results which is just demotivating.

Sure it was a joke. Don't worry but if you ask me; this underlying feeling will always be there if a game master also plays the game himself (no matter what the game is). It is something you must accept or decide not to participate, to keep it fun for yourself.

Dermotron
12-07-18, 08:55 AM
Whoever was Croatia fucked up having the real final 4 :D

GFRay
12-07-18, 09:30 AM
Whoever was Croatia fucked up having the real final 4 :DYup @Erkifino. Where you at mate?

Mark
12-07-18, 10:31 AM
Well, England's journey ends here (again!).

Didn't think we'd stand much chance against France but 3:0 looks particularly harsh. Butland man, you're staying at Stoke and going nowhere!

evesham
12-07-18, 11:49 AM
Unlucky Mark Southgate, you did us proud :ok:

GFRay
15-07-18, 06:05 PM

And we've come to the 3rd place match and Final of our very own World Cup game. All the contestants have send in a tactic/lineup or sticked with their previous submissions in time. Since the Final IRL now have been played, it's time to simulate ours and see how our managers will fair.

3rd Place

Denmark vs England
https://s26.postimg.cc/crklcxm6h/Denmark-_England.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/j59og6bmx/Denmark-_England1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/9xhfzhcah/Denmark-_England2.png (https://postimages.org/)

Final

Belgium vs France
https://s26.postimg.cc/pvq5pmtnt/Belgium-_France.png (https://postimages.org/)

https://s26.postimg.cc/sptb32o49/Belgium-_France1.png (https://postimages.org/)https://s26.postimg.cc/4ytxkz3cp/Belgium-_France2.png (https://postimages.org/)

And that concludes the final games of our World Cup. Mark's England managed to take 3rd place against dweatherston11's Denmark after a crazy game. A penalty for Denmark, red card for Butland and a quick 2-0 lead for Denmark seemed to make it an easy game, but England fought themselves back in it with two goals themselves. In extra time England took the lead with ten men and didn't let Denmark get back in it. In the Final MIKEBARCELONA's France took an early lead in the first half where they were the better side against GFRay's Belgium who had the best of the second half with the equalizer as result. No more goals followed as well in extra time which meant penalties needed to decide the World Champion. Belgium missed their first two while France scored them so it seemed decided, but Courtois took the role of hero on himself by stopping the next three France penalties. Belgium scored three in a row and claimed the World Cup.

You can find the updated save game here (https://www.sendspace.com/pro/uyht14).

And that concludes this World Cup game. I want to thank everyone for playing along, it's been a fun ride! :ok:

evesham
15-07-18, 06:13 PM
Congratz Ray, how on earth did you win that after the first two penalties :eek:
and nice job taking home the bronze medal Mark

MIKEBARCELONA
15-07-18, 06:14 PM
congratulations Belgium AND GFRay for not only winning but making this a very good competition to play in.

I came close with my French side and to lose on pens is hard but shows how close we were matched.

drkshadow1
15-07-18, 06:19 PM
Mexico were Robbed!

AtomicAnt
15-07-18, 06:38 PM
Congratz Ray, and thanks for doing this! I've used the save myself and invited a few buddies to play along on the save. I ran everything on my computer and they sent me lineups and formation via chat. The seven of us all made it to the quarters, my Uruguay made it all the way to the final where we lost against France. Belgium won the bronze-final against Germany.

CMCZ
15-07-18, 07:28 PM
Yes, 2 former AJAX-players in the winning team :ok: Congratulations! Why benched Pogba??

Erkifino
15-07-18, 07:35 PM
I play all games manually and only make subs when injuries occur or sending offs that need replacements like GK or defenders. I subbed on a keeper for Denmark after Schmeichel got send off. :ok:

I did not know that. I should have read the rules...

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever was Croatia fucked up having the real final 4 :D

How do you mean? :noidea:

Erkifino
15-07-18, 07:36 PM
Congrats Ray. Commiserations everyone else.

Thanks for running this Ray!

CMCZ
15-07-18, 07:47 PM
How do you mean? :noidea:

It was the only team who did not make it to the final 4 in this game, but did irl.

dweatherston11
15-07-18, 08:19 PM
Aww mannn. My boys ran out of steam. A fourth place is still a great performance.

Well done Ray, and thanks for running a successful WC!

Redknapp69
16-07-18, 12:00 AM
Congrats Ray and also Mark for winning the 3rd place game

That final was a nail biter

Top work running this Ray - my Brazilians have been ahving fun partying on Copacabana instead :hat: :tea: :party:

Mark
16-07-18, 11:34 AM
Blimey, what a comeback that was! If only they were able to do that IRL with 11 men! :D

Great fun this was, nice one GFRay :ok:

Dermotron
16-07-18, 04:47 PM
Really enjoyed that format mate.
Interesting to see there could be other short format ones.
Genuinely thought the Spanish would do better.
Great to see 3 of the real final 4 in the semi's
England over achieving like they did in real life :P
Denmark showing they might be more than a one man team

:ok:

GFRay
16-07-18, 05:08 PM
Really enjoyed that format mate.
Interesting to see there could be other short format ones.
Genuinely thought the Spanish would do better.
Great to see 3 of the real final 4 in the semi's
England over achieving like they did in real life :P
Denmark showing they might be more than a one man team

:ok:

We could do the same one, but rather than using the real life squads everyone can make their own selection.

How does that sound? Any interest for it?

Erkifino
16-07-18, 07:18 PM
We could do the same one, but rather than using the real life squads everyone can make their own selection.

How does that sound? Any interest for it?

You know it! :ok:

evesham
16-07-18, 08:38 PM
how about we start with the 3.68 01/02 database and do the world cups from back then and work through the years?
I'm in for any :ok: