PDA

View Full Version : Players who can use both feet

Effiong unmarked!
17-09-18, 08:41 PM
How important is this? I'm trying to wean my club off the 'R/L Only' players at the moment, but I'm not sure whether I'm just wasting talent. I'm not only buying 'Eithers' though, there's also the middle ground of players who have a preferred foot but can still use the other. Has anybody ever done any research into this? It would be fairly easy to do, I suppose, for those who know how to create players.

There's probably a thread about this already somewhere but I couldn't see one.

GFRay
18-09-18, 08:13 AM
According the the manual footing only really matters for wing players that have the 'Cross Ball' instruction.

When you have a DR/MR on crossing and he's left footed, he will be inclined to cut inside instead and shoot at goal. When he's right footed then he will actually cross the ball more.

SteveV
18-09-18, 08:50 AM
According the the manual footing only really matters for wing players that have the 'Cross Ball' instruction.

When you have a DR/MR on crossing and he's left footed, he will be inclined to cut inside instead and shoot at goal. When he's right footed then he will actually cross the ball more.

Thats interesting, if for example you had a wide midfielder who was 12 for Crossing but 15 for Long Shots and Finishing it would actually be a good idea to play them on the 'wrong' side to get the best out of their ability?

Mark
18-09-18, 08:59 AM
I always used to be very particular about this. Right footed only on the right half of the pitch, including the right sided striker and midfielder and defender. Then left footed for the other half.

Nowadays, not so much!

Effiong unmarked!
18-09-18, 02:12 PM
It looks like I'm wasting my time then.

GFRay
18-09-18, 02:33 PM
Thats interesting, if for example you had a wide midfielder who was 12 for Crossing but 15 for Long Shots and Finishing it would actually be a good idea to play them on the 'wrong' side to get the best out of their ability?

Well it depends on his postion really.

In your example is a left footed MLC then he can't naturally play in the MR spot and he will perform less consistent.

SteveV
18-09-18, 08:01 PM
Well it depends on his postion really.

In your example is a left footed MLC then he can't naturally play in the MR spot and he will perform less consistent.

But if its a guy who is MLRC with Left Foot Only that you play on the right side of midfield then according to the manual he wouldn't put as many crosses in but would shoot more often? Its a strange one, I notice in my current save that the right footed player on the right side of midfield seems to shoot more than cross but the left footed player in left midfield crosses all the time but hardly ever shoots!