PDA

View Full Version : Random Player Issue

MrFoo
24-04-12, 02:31 PM
Ok I have a strange problem that is occuring on the Tapani 3.12 patch with the 2010 data.

I am running max database and for some readon everytime I start a new game, my team has players in it, usually about 1 or 2 that are completely unusable. They are fake players that are not greyed out, but instead just stuck there. They cannot be used in a match, cannot be switched between the first or reserve team, you cannot choose a squad no. for them. You cant release them or offer a new contract.

Anyone else come across this? I read somewhere on this site, that it could be down to the database not having enough players in it? its odd.

Dermotron
24-04-12, 02:34 PM
Yeah, been a known/common issue with the patches. It was originally thought to be an issue with players having a reserve contract and getting stuck in limbo and these fake players were the CPU's way of compensating for them.

MrFoo
24-04-12, 07:21 PM
Ok was there anything that can be done about it.

Dermotron
24-04-12, 08:05 PM
Unfortunately not I think. Maybe delete them using CMExplorer or another save game editor? Havent tried myself

Was it Germany, Spain or Portugal by any chance?

MrFoo
24-04-12, 08:07 PM
Italy

Dermotron
24-04-12, 08:15 PM
There goes the B team theory then :lol:

TheHostPlayer
24-01-13, 07:03 AM
Hi,

I'm having an odd issue where I get players who's details are wrong, but stats are correct.

Let me explain with an example:
Manchester City should have John Guidetti, but instead they will have Tom Moller, a 29 year old swediish player, with all the same stats, but his age is wrong, name is wrong, he has no contract, but cannot sign one, cannot be sold, bought, released or any of this.
Its not just them, lots of teams have players like this, some of them up to 50 years old. None of them exist on the database, so they must be replacing players upon the game being launched.

Furthermore, I'm having issues with dual managers. Previously, with some teams, I would join them and there'd be another manager, meaning I could hire one less staff member etc. For example, if I took over valencia, they'd have their manager listed as a manager, as well as me. Then recently, those managers have also been getting generated names too!

I have the Sept 2012 Update, and I've been updating transfers manually since then to keep on top of it until the march release is done. I've also made Cafu and Lilian Thuram playable again (I just happen to like them) - not sure if this would make a difference?

I normally have a backup of the database every few weeks so changes I make can just be pasted in like an update so I don't have to manually do all those transfers again (if I do a fresh install I do everything as normal then paste this in).

A few seasons in I've been having some crashes too. Didn't see the error code.

Version 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2012, Tapani Patch v2.19

Finally; I've had some issues with the Club world cup where there is only one team in the final. Any ideas?

Normally, I'd just do a clean install, but I'm offline (apart from mobile) and I don't want to lose the data tweaks I've done (if possible).

All help is welcome, thank you!

Dermotron
24-01-13, 10:08 AM
The random players is a known issue with the Tapani patch, not sure if anyone has ever found out the cause of the issue though.

Cam F
24-01-13, 10:09 AM
I always did the same with former players bringing them back for regens & for club records but then moved to 0001 instead.

I personally stay away from Tap patches.

You could always do a fresh install of Sep update then extract the players you've added using JL's injector extractor from your last edited db with Thuram/Cafu, I think it is possible but might be wrong as I only usually directly paste a full squad in.

TheHostPlayer
24-01-13, 11:14 AM
So you think a fresh might work?

As for why its done it, I don't know. I never experienced any issues on win7 ult 64 bit, recently switched to 32. Not sure if that's related!

Dermotron
24-01-13, 11:26 AM
Making changes with the Tapani patch applied could be the issue, the DB may not be able to re-index correctly or the fact that cmdbsort was probably not run after changes were applied could also be an issue.

TheHostPlayer
24-01-13, 03:41 PM
I see.

So I'd likely need to do a fresh without Tapani if I'd like to make changes?

LeeRocks
21-04-13, 11:41 PM
I've been looking everywhere to find out what this is all about and how to fix it, finally found this one thread. For a while I was beginning to think I was the only one experiencing this fecking annoying issue!

For the record, the people in question show up in CMExplorer under staff, marked as 'Unemployed'... and not editable/deletable. Will see if there's any other tools to do the job because this ruins the experience completely, at least if I could shove them in the reserves I'd make do with losing a place in the 50-man squad but they just sit there like lemons (although they DO eventually retire).

Goofy
22-04-13, 07:27 AM
Do they show up in the editor pre-game or only once you've loaded a game?

LeeRocks
22-04-13, 03:29 PM
Only after loading, these 'players' don't exist pre-game. Completely random names that don't belong with the nationalities they're given usually (Matthew Richards from Portugal for instance).

AlfredCatastrophe
01-06-13, 08:36 AM
I've never seen this before. First time playing the game since last year and it's always been flawless. Not sure exactly what the problem is. I've got this guy in the first team I can't do anything with. Can't even move to reserves.

http://i.imgur.com/pd1EUv6.png

And when searching for freebies, there's loads at other clubs like --

http://i.imgur.com/Q1zSPTU.png

Version 3.9.68T, using March 2013 data, starting in 2010.

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, I couldn't find anything in search.

ebfatz
01-06-13, 10:41 AM
Any future transfers set for them?

BlazeRavenwolf
01-06-13, 11:13 AM
I have seen this before, I seem to have this problem with the patch, dunno what causes it but it is annoying for sure

milo
01-06-13, 11:19 AM
maybe you installed a new patch on a already patched game, everytime you install a patch you need to unistall and re-install the game first

Patinoz
01-06-13, 11:30 AM
you are running too many leagues. if you run heaps of leagues on max db, there are some players who change their name and have no contract.

AlfredCatastrophe
01-06-13, 11:52 AM
Thanks for answers. I think too many leagues was the problem. Loaded a game with just England and it was fine. Will try a handful next time, see if that works.

Patinoz
01-06-13, 11:58 AM
you should easily be able to do like 10 or so, maybe even more but i had the same problem when trying to run all leagues

ilovesanmarino
01-06-13, 09:52 PM
I run v3 with every single league and feeder league and have this problem, I just put up with it. the players are classed as "non-player" in the game. The means the following
they cannot train (they appear IN training but has no effect all stats degrade)
they can play but they cannot be assigned a squad number, which means for most leagues they cannot play
the language for the name does not match the nationality of the player
they can have random age, youngest I have seen was 10 oldest 81
I do not know of a single editor that can force retire people

Dermotron
02-06-13, 01:16 AM
But every time it occurs with Tapani patch and not without it. Hard to class as a data issue since it never occurs on just the 3.9.68 patch

Jez
04-06-13, 10:50 PM
I've had this problem today myself. I've been browsing for a long time before finding this. I'm completely new to the forum and to the whole process of updating cm0102 so please excuse my ignorance!

So basically, I installed 3.9.68 and I've now downloaded the latest data update (March 2013). This runs completely fine. Then I got my head round what a patch and it took my fancy, so I downloaded the 2.19 (after reading that the newer one '3.whatever' doesn't work with the latest data update) and ended up with the phantom players.

I've read a lot of stuff (which I only marginally understand in fairness) around the forum and as such have a few questions...

'Tapanifying a database' - is this something that is still relevant? I notice most of the posts discussing it are a year old or so. Would this process do any good?

Should I be doing anything additionally after applying the March 2013 database? Some kind of verification process or something like that?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the problem could be solved by using a different kind of patch to the tapani one? The JL ones? If so, is there anyone who can offer some guidance as to which ones to use?

Or is it simply a matter of using less leagues. If so, has anybody come up with a definitive number for the maximum number of leagues you can get away with using and the size of the database?

Fods
05-06-13, 02:29 PM
yeh try the JL patches

ilovesanmarino
08-06-13, 07:46 PM
ok, sorry but I have to object here!
As someone who has posted extensively about this problem to no avail I am a bit cross about this.
I did not get any explanation to what caused this in the threads I did but I have since read elsewhere that this issue is well known and caused by having too many leagues, which matcheswhat I experience.
I figured the way around the problem would simply to force retire the rogue people, but I cannot find an editor to do this, which is odd as this cofirms success with Graeme Kelly v4. As far as I experience, you cannot force retire people with this editor, the retirement date field only appears if someone has already decided to retire, see screenshot.
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6301/ihavenoluckwiththis.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/ihavenoluckwiththis.jpg/)

If someone can show me a way to force-retire people I would be ecstatically grateful

Fods
09-06-13, 05:46 AM
No need to be cross

Cam F
09-06-13, 08:04 AM
...but you can change their date of birth so they are over 64 & retire at end or start of season :ok:

ilovesanmarino
09-06-13, 08:18 PM
I was thinking this:
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6509/44197371.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/44197371.jpg/)
now I am thinking this:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8712/58684130.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/58684130.jpg/)

Psyantifik
05-08-13, 04:06 PM
Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before. but players such as Tonton Zola Moukoko and to madiera, i cannot find them in my database on my cm0102. but i dont know why, i have the original game and si patch downloaded. can anybody help?

thankyou

Dermotron
05-08-13, 04:54 PM
They are not in the 3.9.68 database, just the 3.9.60 database which is the installation of the game without the SI Games patch

Goofy
05-08-13, 07:44 PM
Just sign Skalidis then you won't need either of the other two :)

MrBuckminster
05-08-13, 09:49 PM
Or any Papadopolous sounding player

Johnny.99
18-08-13, 03:28 PM
Hi all. First things first, thanks to everyone who is keeping this game alive with the updates and patches. It's great to be able to play the old CM games with current players. I don't have time for the new fangled FM games, and when I try and get into them they leave me feeling smothered under a sea of stuff that takes the fun out the game, or that I've no interest in.

Anyway. I downloaded 01/02 and applied both the 3.986 update and March data update, as well as the Tapani 2.19 patch. I went for broke, running every league and starting as Salthill Devon in Ireland. I like to start from the bottom and work my way up. However, my database seems to have a few problems in it. I have about 12 players in my first team squad who have no contract - and no interaction available that lets me either offer one, or release them. Some of them are in their 50's, others a normal age. They're currently clogging up my team, and are completely unusable. It doesn't seem to be a problem with just my team. I'm seeing other players at other teams who are the same.

I've tried using some of the tools to get rid of them. Graeme Kelly's editor lets me see them in my squad, but the contract tab is not selectable. Some have a retirement date already for the end of the season, but bringing the date forward doesn't seem to do anything. Others have no retirement date yet, and seem destined to be stuck with me forever. I've changed the ages of these players to try and force them to retire.

Is this a common problem when using the new database/patches? And is their any way in which the problem can be solved? Not just for the players in my squad, but also in the database as a whole.

Thanks

Patinoz
18-08-13, 03:31 PM
run less leagues mate

drortes
04-10-13, 04:39 PM
Hello guys,
i start season with schalke 04 , and in the second year , joel matip Disappeared !!
when i search the player i can see him.. but if i want to give him a spot (dmc) i just can't see him! he is missing !
i add some photoes..
he is not in the reserves.
any idea's to fix it ?
thanks
Dror

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww333/drortes/Capture.png
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww333/drortes/Capture2.png
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww333/drortes/Capture3.png

Dermotron
04-10-13, 04:45 PM
Check is Available only ticked on the right

Patinoz
04-10-13, 04:50 PM
dont worry. he is shit anyway

Alan
04-10-13, 08:26 PM
I suspect he is set to Reserve Squad in the editor by mistake so you can't use him in the first team.

IB778
07-10-13, 05:14 PM
If you download Graeme Kelly's saved game editor you could always set him to main club. This should work. If not set him to reserve, save, then reload the editor and set him to main.

Goofy
07-10-13, 07:04 PM
I'll bet he's sneaked off on his holidays :ok:

nateuk
05-11-13, 02:06 PM
Afternoon all,

Right so I have this weird issue that I had on Win7 and now on Win8, when I install the game and then the 3.98 patch I don't get the players I used to when playing on XP. I'm missing the superstar greeks and scandinavian players (I play the original game). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc but it just doesn't work.
Anyone else come across this and have any ideas?

Cheers.

316'sRegen
05-11-13, 02:12 PM
maximum database setting in the game settings menu :ok:

it defaults to normal when installed

nateuk
05-11-13, 02:40 PM
I'll give that a try, never had to bother with that before, cheers!