PDA

View Full Version : How do you punish your players?

McLovin
01-03-19, 09:18 PM
I could not find something similar so thought it would be a nice topic of discussion.
We all have that player that is ungrateful you sign him from a small club and make him a hot star then comes a bigger club and make an offer, you proud of the work you done in finding and growing him into a star reject it.
He goes unhappy and to the press saying he wants to move, because of that your whole team suffers as they get upset with him and you are basically forced to sell him on.
Luckily there you were able to hold long enough for the window to close so you have about 6 months of him with the transfer set on your team.
My usual punishment is:

Relagate to Reserves
Put him training to a new position: GK
Give him a shitty name

What are yours?

evesham
01-03-19, 09:31 PM
lol brutal, I'm quite fair I warn him and then list him, no point upsetting the Diva any more

Redknapp69
01-03-19, 10:57 PM
Wahahahahaha - pretty much same as Evesham for me

samsami
02-03-19, 06:15 PM
Same here!

ThisNameIsRubbish
02-03-19, 07:59 PM
I let them move on - if you don't want to play for me then don't... They shitty nickname thing might be a fun thing to try out though :lol:

Effiong unmarked!
02-03-19, 09:02 PM
Somebody in the managerial habits thread said that if a player wanted to go on the list he always refused but then listed them himself, so that it was his decision not theirs. I've adopted this myself and it's very soothing.

riise
03-03-19, 12:35 AM
I like your approach, and I certainly recall the nickname method on some of the FMs, but I tend to ignore them. As long as they don't actively upset other squad members, in which case they get sold.

Edson
03-03-19, 01:40 AM
There are some situations I think warrant «punishment» of players, but a desire to further their careers isn’t one of them, IMO. I usually buy plenty of young, talented regens, and try to be fair and even in my distribution of first-team football between them. But it is nearly impossible to hang onto all of them while at the same time maintaining a certain degree of consistency, which inevitably leads to some of them having to stay in the reserves most of the time. Those who haven’t made the first-team by 22-23 might request a transfer, which I am happy to grant them in most cases. But I try to negotiate a higher price whenever a rival club makes a bid.

However, I sometimes use a save game editor to «correct» requests I consider to be laughably unrealistic, like the following example which took place in one of my Lazio games. The club was doing very well, and Mendieta was captain, playmaker, and had a generous contract, when in the middle of September he suddenly requested a move based on him wanting a new challenge... For a player in his situation to make such a request at that time of the season is practically unthinkable. He had just played in the Champions League, which would of course make him ineligible to represent any other club in that tournament... I turned down his request and then used the editor to get the whole idea out of his head... Then at the end of the season I simply «reconstructed» his wish, and checked the «transfer listed by request»-button.

AJ
03-03-19, 03:49 PM
I beat them with a stick and bed their wives.

Dermotron
05-03-19, 12:08 PM
I make them watch United from Moyes times at the club "Death by a 1000 crosses (to no-one)"

Craig Forrest
05-03-19, 03:01 PM
If they want to move and I say no and they get upset, they can go fuck themselves. They stay until the end of the year and only leave if I get proper offer

If they've been a good servant for years and want a new challenge or to move back to their home country, I let them

JLa
05-03-19, 03:04 PM
Signing players is a bitch in this game, so I hold on to any player I need. If that means I will lose him on a Bosman three years down the road, so be it. Good thing morale doesn't mean much, if anything.

I usually don't bother with fining and stuff. If someone misses training regularly I might put him up for transfer.

MadScientist
12-03-19, 12:42 AM
I could not find something similar so thought it would be a nice topic of discussion.
We all have that player that is ungrateful you sign him from a small club and make him a hot star then comes a bigger club and make an offer, you proud of the work you done in finding and growing him into a star reject it.
He goes unhappy and to the press saying he wants to move, because of that your whole team suffers as they get upset with him and you are basically forced to sell him on.
Luckily there you were able to hold long enough for the window to close so you have about 6 months of him with the transfer set on your team.
My usual punishment is:

Relagate to Reserves
Put him training to a new position: GK
Give him a shitty name

What are yours?
Haha, I like the way you play the game! I guess im too peaceful to torture my players like that! I just try to mantain a good dressing room atmosphere all the time. :hippie:

So I avoid problematic players like the plague. If a player shows signs of low professionalism, low loyalty, too high ambition, or anything else that can ruin the peace in my club, good bye to him as soon as possible, i dont even wait him to say he wants to leave.

But if im too late to notice that and now I have a player complaining to leave, i fine him. Sometimes that increases those mental atts and he becomes happy to stay. Or I offer a bigger contract, or I sign some staff he likes, or i loan him, all those things can make him to be happy to stay again. If not, im grateful while he was playing for me and just let the kid move. As i said, im too peaceful to punish, lol.

Having bad morale is pretty fine and normal, and won't affect the peace of the team. But having a bad dressing room atmosphere (even when moral is high) can ruin your team performance and would takes years to fix. In the end, he can punish you more than you can punish him.