PDA

View Full Version : CM 99/00 matches

cavokblueskies
12-06-19, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone, I recently downloaded 99/00 and been playing it quite regularly. It's amazing how fast it runs on a modern day PC compared to when I was a teenager and it seemed to take forever!

I'm a few seasons in but I always seem to suffer the same issues regularly and was wondering if anyone else had experienced them.

Firstly, I seem to have the same sort run of results - I will win 3-4 games in a row and then absolutely hammer a team in terms of possession and shots on target but lo and behold they score their only shot on target with my GK getting a 5/10 rating. I understand that it can happen in football but it seems to happen so regularly and it's incredibly frustrating!

Secondly, I seem to perpetually suffer from strikers with second season syndrome. I will sign a striker who scores a lot of goals in his debut season yet the following season they struggle for goals - one of mine currently has played 15 games and not scored a single goal despite having a decent average rating of about 7.50!

Seems quite frustrating as they almost seem like bugs deliberately built into the game which persist irrespective of your setup and training. Has anyone else suffered similar frustrations?

Thanks!

leo37
12-06-19, 03:36 PM
I play all 3 versions cm 99/00, cm 00/01 and cm 01/02

cm 99/00 cm 00/01 are harder games in my opinion than cm 01/02 as what you described as bugs are what I think is coded into the game and possibly more randomness than on later versions of the cm3 series. More teams are lethal on the counter attack on cm99/00 and cm00/01 than on cm01/02 as more teams play defensive shapes or mentalities against you it's league dependent sometimes but i'd say same dominant team and squads on cm01/02 lose maybe 3-4 games a season on average on cm99/00 or cm00/01 it is probably higher around 6-7 games (non wibwob) the league tables are also tighter generally than cm01/02 not saying one is better than the other just different games. I imagine though the more you play each version the more you learn to counter act and get around being super keeper'ed or being hit on the counter attack so often when you are dominating teams.

cavokblueskies
12-06-19, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply! It's definitely harder than I ever remember cm 01/02 being!

You're right about the leagues being tight, no one side every runs away with top flight and it's the same across each top flight European League! I think one of the key things I've learned on CM 99/00 is playing players with good moral, if anyone is low on morale it really impacts your performance, especially with Goalkeepers.

I need to keep fiddling away to work out how to stop being superkeeper'ed - it happens way too often.

leo37
12-06-19, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the reply! It's definitely harder than I ever remember cm 01/02 being!

You're right about the leagues being tight, no one side every runs away with top flight and it's the same across each top flight European League! I think one of the key things I've learned on CM 99/00 is playing players with good moral, if anyone is low on morale it really impacts your performance, especially with Goalkeepers.

I need to keep fiddling away to work out how to stop being superkeeper'ed - it happens way too often.

ya took me a while to adapt I love playing the different versions cos it always feels fresh when you jump from each one like a new game sometimes :-) but yes cm00/01 and cm99/00 can be frustrating at first when you not use to them but then they are really fun. Which team are you managing?

cavokblueskies
12-06-19, 06:46 PM
I'm managing Luton. I'm a fair few seasons in so have managed to navigate myself to the Premier League. I have used CM Scout so some of the success is a bit hollow....!