PDA

View Full Version : National Teams

Eofinn
06-05-12, 01:17 PM
I am playing the march 2012 update for 4 seasons. I have the best manager reputation but no country wants to accept my application as national coach. Can somebody tell me why, please?

Dermotron
06-05-12, 01:33 PM
Nationality has a big part to play, but more so CA/PA.

Is reputation high in the nation your playing in or all nations?

Fods
07-05-12, 12:05 AM
Happens every time I play and when I apply for the Australian job it always goes to an Aussie, add Aussie as second nationality via and editor and the jobs mine

Craig Forrest
07-05-12, 01:47 AM
I've found the same thing.... you usually need 1st or 2nd nationality of whatever country you want to get the national team job.... although if your CA/PA is high enough and you've been playing for long enough, your odds increase.... I've gotten national jobs after 6 or 7 years like Ghana, Uruguay, Brazil, Spain, etc.... while being a Scot or a Canadian :ok:

shikaka
07-05-12, 08:41 AM
In my current save I got two national jobs as a hungarian/english: norway (in 5th season) and ghana (9th season).

fuzzyvalefan
11-05-12, 03:30 PM
Use the dirty editor to manage all nations and try to lead San Marino to glory

Dermotron
14-05-12, 04:33 PM
Use the dirty editor to manage all nations and try to lead San Marino to glory

Tried with The Phillipines. They had about 6 players in the average category and nothing else to back it up. Didnt play any games competitive games until 2005 so there was a hell of a lot of holiday mode to get through - quite boring on Max DB!

Fods
15-05-12, 12:03 AM
The problem is if the National team doesnt have enough players i the DB to fill a 23 or 25 man squad as required for competitions you wont be able to proceed in game :eek:

Dermotron
15-05-12, 09:57 AM
Oh I know Fods, spent hour upon hour updating the minnow nations for the Sept 2011 DB - never again :lol:

Think there's about 6 in the March DB that don't meet the criteria but should be everyone by Sept

Fods
15-05-12, 09:58 AM
That werent a slur in anyway on the update team, I think I was using minimum DB at the time so just put it down to that :ok:

Dermotron
15-05-12, 10:02 AM
Didn't think that way at all mate :ok: Just commenting on it being the most tedious thing I've ever done!

Yeah, you have to play on Max DB for alot of the smaller nations. Even the likes of Costa Rica, Jamaica, Niger, Iraq struggle to get the required number on Normal DB, min is a real nightmare altogether

BlazeRavenwolf
15-05-12, 11:07 AM
I am working on the smaller nations that don't have enough players hopefully will have them done by Sept

The info is there but I have to have to be bothered to post it :LOL:

I will get onto some of them today hopefully

Giasone
25-06-13, 02:10 PM
Hi all,
i'm actually managing Nigeria and i won my qualification group with 10 win in 10 games qualifying my team for 2010WC ... now the Board said me that is not so satisfied about my work on African World Cup Qualification... why this???
Camerun won his group and his manager was fired... Ghana also won his group and his manager has a risk position... this is really strange.

Sam
25-06-13, 02:24 PM
Hi all,
i'm actually managing Nigeria and i won my qualification group with 10 win in 10 games qualifying my team for 2010WC ... now the Board said me that is not so satisfied about my work on African World Cup Qualification... why this???
Camerun won his group and his manager was fired... Ghana also won his group and his manager has a risk position... this is really strange.

Always seems to happen within the game to African, North American, South American teams and Australia. Don't worry about it, but prepare to be sacked for no reason.

David01
27-06-13, 03:29 PM
You just need to transfer them $5000 and they will like you forever as well as pay you a long lost inheritance of $30million. I read it in an email.

Giasone
27-06-13, 03:40 PM
Always seems to happen within the game to African, North American, South American teams and Australia. Don't worry about it, but prepare to be sacked for no reason.
After the WCQ i played the Confederation Cup (I was the African champion) and i won it... now they are happy again :-D

Sam
27-06-13, 04:05 PM
Good man. Always found the likes of Nigeria have too high expectations in comparison to their level of ability. Glad you're doing well though.

Giasone
28-06-13, 08:25 AM
Good man. Always found the likes of Nigeria have too high expectations in comparison to their level of ability. Glad you're doing well though.

Changed National after that... now U.S.A. ... let's see how high American's expectations are...

Sam
28-06-13, 10:33 AM
i've seen the AI sack the USA coach after qualifying for the world cup before.

Giasone
28-06-13, 03:35 PM
i've seen the AI sack the USA coach after qualifying for the world cup before.

it's exactly what happened in my game... USA qualified for WC but coach sacked... then i applied for job and now i'm the new coach!!!

phil_jackson
04-07-13, 03:06 PM
it's exactly what happened in my game... USA qualified for WC but coach sacked... then i applied for job and now i'm the new coach!!!

I got the same with Mexico :)

ilovesanmarino
04-07-13, 09:18 PM
African teams go sacking crazy after qualification

colml
06-07-13, 08:57 PM
I qualified Jamaica for the WC, and my job was insecure afterwards :lol:

dryrain
30-08-13, 10:59 AM
I was managing South Korea as they were the only nation to offer me a national job. Had a perfect record won the asian cup and qualified for the world cup and they were very happy with me. Then they said after qualification (top of group no losses) that they were not satisfied and sacked me. Now I am not getting any other job offers even though my league management record is fantastic.

konola
07-10-13, 08:19 PM
lol. They can't pay you anymore ?

Kingsley
09-10-13, 09:17 AM
Getting sacked by an African nation is sadly par for the course. Fortunately you can usually re apply and get it back again.

Worst sacking was from Luxembourg. Got them to a playoff (WC or Euro, can't remember which). We lost the playoff and I was sacked ..... Luxemfuckingbourg !

JohnnyBee82
12-10-13, 05:05 AM
I've once taken over the Nigeria job after their manager had a near perfect WC qualifying campaign, almost didn't want to take it because I felt bad for the guy. Still went with it though, I'm a bad man.

BobMem
25-10-13, 08:29 PM
They won't sack me after this campaign:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/BobMem/IvoryFixtures.jpg (http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/BobMem/media/IvoryFixtures.jpg.html)
Surely not...
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/BobMem/IvoryJob.jpg (http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/BobMem/media/IvoryJob.jpg.html)
Aaaah FFShttp://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i459/BobMem/IvoryGone.jpg (http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/BobMem/media/IvoryGone.jpg.html)

ilovesanmarino
25-10-13, 08:43 PM
yeah, time to find someone who doesn't draw with Congo. Rubbish, lucky you lasted so long.

That guy in charge of Paraguay though, what a farce.