PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get the odb to work with the game patched?

leo37
02-04-20, 03:04 PM
When i add the odb files after game been patched it throws out loads of errors and exits back to windows? Does the odb only work when the game is out of the box?

MaxiShagilko
02-04-20, 10:16 PM
Depends which patch you are using I guess...

info0
02-04-20, 11:23 PM
When i add the odb files after game been patched it throws out loads of errors and exits back to windows? Does the odb only work when the game is out of the box?

Nope. It's just a bit of a process to get it working.

Uninstall the game. Install it again.
Go to where game is installed and go into Data folder and copy all cfg files from there to let's say Data2 folder.

Then install the 3.9.68 patch. Copy files from Data2 folder to Data. Replace if asked.

It should work. Have done this very long ago, but that's a quick tip to get 3.9.60 DB to work on 3.9.68 game version. ;)

Cam F
03-04-20, 08:02 AM
You can't add OBD to CM3, it won't work, 3.68 is for 0102 , the forum update is for 0102 not CM3.

leo37
03-04-20, 01:59 PM
i'm not sure if it worked the player data looks the same as the patched data

i've seen from other threads players like rush and maradona are on a free so was curious to see the odb again

It's possible I might be using a downloaded 'sold out version' which never had the original data to begin with as I don't have the original cd

Cam F
03-04-20, 08:15 PM
Oh you are talking CM3 data. I have that, Maradona on a free. Will upload it later.

leo37
04-04-20, 01:33 PM
I figured out how to do it in end after the game was patched dragged all the cfg and pct files from the ODB folder into the 'sold out copy' data folder in the cm3 directory. It was trial and error as I just kept adding more files that threw out errors until it would load a game without crashing but once the PCT files had been added as well the game runs fine.

I am not sure though if it means the ai managers will use pre patch ai tactics or systems rather than the patched version as the PCT files are the tactic files

This method will work if you only have a sold out copy of the game what I typed above is irrelevant if you have the original iso or game cd

Cam F
04-04-20, 04:28 PM
https://www.sendspace.com/file/forv0e