PDA

View Full Version : Creating Network Game on Radmin?

Foggy
03-04-20, 06:49 AM
Hi, I searched and couldn't find anything but could someone who uses Radmin vpn for network games mention the steps you need to get a network game running?

Foggy
03-04-20, 04:02 PM
@offside trap

matkebacje96
03-04-20, 05:24 PM
Radmin works awesome for me

Offside Trap
04-04-20, 12:11 AM
@offside trap

Yes mate, it was me that mentioned Radmin works fine for SV9, but since, Nick has created a new exe for SV9 where you can change the compatibility to W95, have tested a network game on it, via Hamachi, and also works perfect.

Foggy
04-04-20, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Finally managed to get us all six on using hamachi, thankfully.

No interest in going through that torture again(!

kalelnojutsu
04-04-20, 06:11 PM
Hello Foggy, I would love to know how did you manage to not have a net out file refreshed with 192.x.x.x everytime you create a new online game ? Thank you

Foggy
05-04-20, 05:33 AM
Hello Foggy, I would love to know how did you manage to not have a net out file refreshed with 192.x.x.x everytime you create a new online game ? Thank you

Hi, when you go to your root CM folder, do you see any tabs on the top saying 'compatibility files'?

If so those might be the issue.

Once I deleted everything, those compatibity files, the root folder itself as well as uninstall before that, it worked.

In fact on win10 laptops this time round, once I figured it out, it wasn't too bad.

Foggy
05-04-20, 05:43 AM
If you don't have compatibility files issues... You could try :

1. Click IP exe to generate net.Out file.
2. Enter your Hamachi address instead of 192 with notepad ....
3. Save this file on desktop
4. Move the desktop net.out file to main cm directory to replace the one in there.
5. Delete the CFP.dll or whatever its called from tve data folder.
6. Remove or delete the IP exe from the main folder.

Previously this process was resulting in the game freezing when creating a network game (compatibluty files?) . This time around, however, it worked fine for 6 different laptops, including one on win7.

Are you sure you don't have windows defender on. If you do, you'll have to allow both CM and Hamachi and its components through that.

TheImmortal316
05-04-20, 05:19 PM
lock the notepad file after you manually input the ip and save it.
Make the file Read only

Turgon
13-04-20, 06:46 PM
I am using the +9 patch and the game works perfectly on Windows 10, Windows 8 and even on a virtual Windows XP machine running on Ubuntu/VMWare we are using as a 24/7 server.

All I did was delete the cpu32inf.dll file on the data folder, run Radmin on each of the computers (yes, even on the virtual one) and once everybody was on the same network it just... worked. No need to delete the ip.exe file or change the properties of the ~net.out file.