PDA

View Full Version : CM 99/00 high cpu usage 50%

mckellar
09-04-20, 11:26 AM
Is this normal?
Seems to be causing the game to stutter and lag while processing through the games. Have disabled anti virus, windows update but still seems to happen when running the 1 league or 16. Also ran the game as administrator it has the same issue.

Tried so many ways to remedy this my head's bursting!

leo37
09-04-20, 12:01 PM
probably windows defender or some file scanning tool running in the background of windows causing the issue have you tried running it on compatibility mode windows 95 or windows xp service pack 2 or 3 ?

mckellar
09-04-20, 12:27 PM
Yeah always ends up the same issue. Seems to run fine when the game first starts but eventually slows down and stalls then works for abit turns slows again.
Have disabled windows defender and winmgmt also to no avail.

leo37
09-04-20, 12:51 PM
does the antimalware.exe still go berserk in the task manager once you disabled windows defender ? that use to cause so many issues for me playing fm's but not cm's as much

I not a computer expert btw but when i reported issues i had on old fm games on si forums I was told it was a virus scanning tool causing the issue it even use to corrupt the data in my saved games after slowing it down and forcing it to run at a snails pace

mckellar
09-04-20, 02:16 PM
In task manager it's only the cm99.exe16 that's causing the 50%. The rest is idle but when I run process explorer it's jumping all over the place and jumps out of not responding mode when task manager is fired up.

Incredibly frustrating!