PDA

View Full Version : Network game Workshop -

TheImmortal316
26-04-20, 07:47 PM
Would anyone be interested in having an hour or maybe a little more one day a week for testing and helping people get operational on network games?

I've just got back into the game and the IPV6 settings that windows 10 wants to inject into the net file are not a welcome addition!

But there are some of you that are playing away.

It would be good if anyone has the time to help me get set up, testing joining etc, after that if mine is working I'd be happy to do an hour or two a week, Wednesday night or something like that, where anyone can join the workshop group and troubleshoot and try to get the cm0102 online experience working for them. If there are a few of us helping out, testing for new players, even better.

You guys know the fun of a network game, it's a different category. Let's get everyone that wants to experience that doing it.

So...
I have both Hamachi and Radmin installed, Win 10, Saturn+v9 patch.
I've tweaked the net file several times but most recently just downloaded Radmin. Looking to test and troubleshoot.

TheImmortal316
28-04-20, 10:00 PM
Well once I know mine's working for sure I'll pick one night a week where I'll be around if anyone else needs help getting set up.
Probably next week :ok:

Perrin
29-04-20, 04:28 PM
If you need any help with testing I can jump on...I know mine isn't working either but if there's anything I can do.

TheImmortal316
29-04-20, 05:09 PM
Thanks Perrin,
I have made a few changes since we last tried.
I'm going to take the dog out and get some food sorted but will be on Hamachi after 7 if you have some free time.

Appreciate it mate.

Perrin
29-04-20, 06:17 PM
Probably be closer to 7.30/8 before I can get on

Perrin
29-04-20, 07:35 PM
Actually can't make it on this evening ☹️

TheImmortal316
29-04-20, 07:43 PM
:D
No problem, It is working for me now, EdOli dropped in to the workshop for the assist.

Happy days.

Wednesday nights if anyone wants to test and get theirs working i'll be about :ok:

TheImmortal316
30-04-20, 07:21 PM
And Perrin can now host games.
Only took 10-15 to sort out.

Perrin
01-05-20, 01:40 AM
Just a quick thanks to theimmortal for coming on to help out.

In my case it was my firewall that was preventing me from hosting a game.
Also just to note,firewall settings didn't seem to matter when joining a game ,seemed to only apply to the person hosting the session.

If anyone has any questions just shoot me a pm.

TheImmortal316
04-05-20, 10:08 PM
Wednesday night,
Anyone that needs a hand or wants to test or troubleshoot, jump on around 7:30/8:00 PM.

Hamachi Network
network: NetWorkShop
password: cm0102

How to set up cm and Hamachi for Network games (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564)

:ok:

Nivyboy
11-05-20, 09:56 AM
Hey guys , ive just joined yesterday , my friend put me onto the site . we were hoping to kick of a network game together but have hit some teething problems , and advice or tips would be welcomed . ive installed on my laptop at at present , its windows 8 , he was windows 10 but we could not get talking to each other . I actually couldnt even get a network game started.

Ive got a PC alos that has windows 7 that I could try also.

What I did yesterday was I stall game, Iinstalled the 3.9.68 official patch and the march 20 update.

If any Network game Workshops are available if be Intrested in any tios.

Thanks

TheImmortal316
13-05-20, 08:47 AM
First ever fail in the workshop last night.

Trying to get Nivyboy up and running on a windows 8 machine and it just wasn't happening.
We are never beaten, we will use the windows 7 one at a later date, but if anyone has any info on windows 8.1 that would be useful we would be grateful if you could share in here.

We were able to join my game but not able to host. "could not create network game" after the "you may now remove CD" message
(original 3.9.68 patch)

Cheers

hazagawa365
25-05-20, 05:15 PM
HI guys have windows 10 and hamachi installed but having a problem setting up a network game. Hamachi is setup and my mate has connected to it. but my friend cant join the game and its doesnt show up when he puts in the ip address from hamachi

Please help

TheImmortal316
25-05-20, 08:37 PM
Turn the firewall off.

If that doesn't sort it you need to share more info.
Have you edited your net file?
Did you make it read only before putting it back in the CM folder?
Did you delete the cpuinf32.dll file?

hazagawa365
26-05-20, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the response.

Is hamachi ok to use for this then with windows 10?

i created a network in hamachi and my friend has connected to that ok

we have edited the .net file to th ip at the top of hamachi. we have changed the file to read only though so will do this.

we have deleted teh CPU file you mentioned.

is it just the windows firewall we need to turn off or my avast antivirus too?

when setting up the network game in champ is there any steps you have to do in a certain order?

and just to confirm its the IP address in hamachi that my friend needs to put in when trying to join a network game

TheImmortal316
26-05-20, 10:15 AM
Windows 10 is good, yes, that's what I use.
(The compatibility for the exe I'm using is Windows XP SP3)

You might have to drag the net file to the desktop to edit it, and should right click and choose properties to make it read only before returning it to the CM folder.

It's generally the windows firewall that stops connection but if still having issues also take down any antiV as well (or create exceptions)

The person joining types in the hosts Hamachi Ip :ok:
However, if you both have firewall down you should probably see the name of the game chosen by the host in the list of available games.

There aren't that many options in cm for network play and they are self explanatory.

Hope you get it sorted, if not, Wednesday workshop is still open.

hazagawa365
26-05-20, 08:58 PM
tried windows xp sp3 as compatability mode but when i tried to create a network game it loaded up a new game but then said network game cannot be created.

Ive followed the other steps you suggested

please help

thanks

hazagawa365
26-05-20, 09:27 PM
also the ip address when we did manage to create a network game was really long with forward slashes and my own ip etc and not the ip in hamachi :(

TheImmortal316
26-05-20, 09:32 PM
OK.

Let's try a few things tomorrow night if you're free.

hazagawa365
27-05-20, 07:40 AM
ok thnaks is that on this forum

TheImmortal316
27-05-20, 06:45 PM
No, on hamachi.

Hamachi Network
network: NetWorkShop
password: cm0102

Just PM me buddy, I'll be on at some point later in the week, going to have a beer in the last of the evening sun.

jase25555
03-06-20, 01:47 PM
Hi The Immortal do you have any time later to help get me online and connected to CM 01/02 Network game?

AduAlonso
03-06-20, 10:59 PM
Hi guys , I need help for network gaming ,any help is much appreciated ! we are running saturn v9 + march 2020 update on our pc . we have all deleted CPU file from data... we have changed CM compatibility to windows 95 ...nothing is wrong on hamachi, we can create and join the game with ip settings, everything is fine till now... when we start playing our matches the game freezes and the game kicks the player out of the game during the match and the player goes on holiday... when he tries to join back to game he cant , he clicks take control of his team and his game freezes again... it always happens to one of us, it is totally unplayable :( we are three friends on network game.. we all have deleted the game and made a clear setup many times but it doesn t work :( we really want to play together as old friends but we allmost give up... this is my last hope :) I hope you can help thank you so much ! I can give more details.