PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Data

Offside Trap
13-06-12, 10:29 AM
Hey Up All

Anyone working on a data update at all for close of season 11/12?

friend of mine has done an update himself, but where I normally zip up his data folder, and then extract into my own CM folder, for some reason on this occassion, it wont work. It will let me replace the files, but when opening up the editor it hasnt updated. Has this anything to do with the fact he's also changed promotion/relegation?

I have the data folder on a memory stick, any ideas anyone?

Janis89
13-06-12, 10:31 AM
Run the editor as admin*

swedishcmgod
13-06-12, 11:41 AM
nope, august or september most likely.

I guess you haven't exactly looked around. :ok:

AMC
13-06-12, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be sometime in Sept once the transfer window has closed.

Offside Trap
13-06-12, 04:51 PM
No mate, run as admin didnt work, any other ideas?

Coys
13-06-12, 04:54 PM
To be quite honest, i'm not sure a single person can do a proper update by himself. So i don't even think it's worth having mate

Blue Demon
13-06-12, 05:42 PM
No mate, run as admin didnt work, any other ideas?

Sometimes people zip a zip, so you might have a zip in your data folder ?

Offside Trap
13-06-12, 06:21 PM
No mate, no zip inside, I know what you mean though :(

Dermotron
13-06-12, 06:26 PM
Extract it to a different folder (as opposed to directly into the Data folder) and copy, paste and over write it from the new folder to the Data folder.

Offside Trap
13-06-12, 06:51 PM
lol tried that too lol no joy

Dermotron
13-06-12, 06:54 PM
Run cm0102.exe and cm0102ed.exe as Administrator.

Also, temporary disable user account controls (UAC) and then try. (Google it as there are different answers for Vista and Win 7)

Fods
13-06-12, 11:29 PM
Just download OUR update (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=46)

Offside Trap
22-07-12, 11:32 AM
Hi All

Out of interest - when someone uses the editor and moves players from club to club etc.. we're then prompted to save changes,of course, and we do so.

So If I placed someones Data folder onto a memory stick, and wanted to copy his Database into my CM directory, what would be the easiest way? Ive copied the data folder directly and its doesnt seem to work, where as normally it would, however, he's tampered ith promotions/relegations, hence why I dont think its working this time. Is there a specific file with in the data folder which is based on players clubs etc... that i can just copy over? i.e I tried the Index file but clearly I was wrong there :)

Problem is that his actual update is brilliant, very upto date, and would be nice to use it. Like I said,, in the past, swapping the whole data folders has worked, but wont this time, and I can only assume its to do with the extra things hes gone into

Many Thanks in advance

Mike

Fods
22-07-12, 11:36 AM
When sharing update files I recommend:

Once Saved go to tools and that Data Distriburion Wizard
Click Destination File and choose Desktop as Location and then proceed

This will create a Zip file which you must then unzip and place the whole Content into the Data Folder, it will ask if you want to overwrite 20+ files, if you dont get this message your doing something wrong.

Also ensure that you run the editor as administrator

Fods
22-07-12, 11:37 AM
But you have been told all this before.... http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?1491-June-Data-Update&p=27800#post27800

:rolleyes:

swedishcmgod
22-07-12, 12:59 PM
But you have been told all this before.... http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?1491-June-Data-Update&p=27800#post27800

:rolleyes:

haha! Sneaky!!