PDA

View Full Version : French league 99-00

MarcoVanBast
07-08-12, 04:49 PM
Anyone know why exactly game crashes if i change start date to 2000 and earlier? Only french and scottish leagues doesnt working. I played without them, but know decide to try to fix it. If i cant play french league maybe i can replace another with it? :help:

Cam F
07-08-12, 04:54 PM
There was league reconstruction in Scotland at end of 99/00 & guessing something happened in France also. I too would love it too be fixed so my CM3 could be put to 98 to start with.

I have asked about it before and somebody would need to hunt and find the offset codes in the game that influence it & then they could be turned off allwowing these leagues to work at that year.

MarcoVanBast
08-08-12, 05:48 AM
Ok, and what if switch leagues? some league for france and france for some league? is it possible?

MarcoVanBast
08-08-12, 05:49 AM
and its strange how reconstruction can crash game.. Champions league has also reconstruction in 1999 however u can play it :)

djole2mcloud
08-08-12, 09:00 AM
possible,but game will crashed again...because u will still using french structure no matter what u replace for...as Cam said,offsets need to be found...

Ok, and what if switch leagues? some league for france and france for some league? is it possible?

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 11:42 AM
o u didnt understand, i mean for example i make Irish league - French, and French - irish, and new irish(was french) league just isnt loading in new game coz its not so important as french :)

I compare cm00-01 and cm01-02 and i see it has different relegation number of teams and maybe different relegation play-offs rules... so i guess league-replacing is eaisiest way to make it work..

Cam F
09-08-12, 11:58 AM
Hmmn, not sure that would work.

Probably easier if some super techy dude, did a major massive favour and found the offset.

20 if anyone can find the offset for the SPL I need. Would so love to start in 98 with my beloved Gers :D

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 12:17 PM
Why u think it cant work? why i can inject some random league with "replace league guide" and cant do it with french or scottish?.. I never done it b4, i just asking in theory :)

djole2mcloud
09-08-12, 12:35 PM
no,u can't inject new league to .exe because there is no room...you can only replace existing ones,and change some of things regarding number of teams,rounds,fixtures,subs,foreigner rules...unless u have source code somewhere on your laptop,then you can inject new leagues,change CL structure,and other great stuff...this is old topic,Tapani elaborated this long time ago...yes,there are unplayable leagues appearing when u open official editor,but there is no trace of them in .exe...so,you can delete that unplayable leagues or add new leagues only to be visible in editor,but in the game...sorry,no and no

Why u think it cant work? why i can inject some random league with "replace league guide" and cant do it with french or scottish?.. I never done it b4, i just asking in theory :)

Fods
09-08-12, 12:55 PM
is this the 0102 game with the 99/00 database or the 99/00 game?

Cam F
09-08-12, 01:04 PM
0102 game.

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 02:37 PM
no,u can't inject new league to .exe because there is no room...you can only replace existing ones,and change some of things regarding number of teams,rounds,fixtures,subs,foreigner rules...unless u have source code somewhere on your laptop,then you can inject new leagues,change CL structure,and other great stuff...this is old topic,Tapani elaborated this long time ago...yes,there are unplayable leagues appearing when u open official editor,but there is no trace of them in .exe...so,you can delete that unplayable leagues or add new leagues only to be visible in editor,but in the game...sorry,no and no

well by ejecting i mean replacing :)

btw d2mcloud - i still waiting for japan offsets :)

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 03:23 PM
oh wait i just re-read tutorial - it possible to change relegation numbers teams - i will try :)

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 04:00 PM
hmm i find offsets i need, but i stuck in tutorila on that stage:

Search for the line:MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+C1],value"

I find and there 2 strings one after another with different valuse.. which to change? :)

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 04:16 PM
Hmm and now i sure that MOV BYTE PTR DS:[ESI+C1] isnt work for ALL comps, for some comps u need to find another ESI+"smth value"..:( so the tutorial creator is wrong..

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 04:54 PM
Can anyone explain that part of tutorial:

3.The line that determines the number of rounds is the grey one:"MOV WORD PTR DS:[ESI+3C],CX"
CX is a variant that contain some value(in this case it contains the value 2)
We can't edit this line and put 3 instead of CX because it will overwrite the next line and we aren't allowed to do it.
We can't either change the value CX gets above("MOV ECX,2") because it may affect other things like number of subs or number of points for winning a game
Therefore we will have move all the following lines 1 step down.
4.Mark all this block in grey using Shift+key down
5.Right-click somewhere on the grey block->copy->to file
6.Now change the "MOV WORD PTR DS:[ESI+3C],CX" to "MOV WORD PTR DS:[ESI+3C],3"
7.Copy the the following lines as they are in the file you have created

when i copy-pasting strings from file it changing whole file and in next 2 strings whole structure changing, there no that offsets which was there b4 changing

MarcoVanBast
09-08-12, 06:40 PM
Ok. Seems problem not in promotion/relegation number of suqads