PDA

View Full Version : Other European Leagues

Pages : [1] 2

Patinoz
04-03-12, 01:38 PM
With Bayern losing yesterday and and trailing by 7 points now :mad-new:, we can well and truly kiss all championship hopes good-bye :(

Mervmeister
04-03-12, 02:05 PM
Sorry but I am v.happy with this.
Dortmund are my fav European side ever and many people (info0 included) said Dortmund were a 1 season fluke. People saying they would be nowhere near the top this time round.

I like fact that Dortmund never buy ready made stars unlike Bayern.

Come on BvB :D

Patinoz
04-03-12, 03:03 PM
as much as i hate to admit it, i havent expected them being at the top again either

nevertheless, they went out early in CL, are in the cup semi-final now and have not played against a first-tier side yet, only had 1 player for germany at the national team's game against france the other day etc. etc.

it makes a big difference being able to rest players all the time

Patinoz
04-03-12, 03:04 PM
I like fact that Dortmund never buy ready made stars unlike Bayern.

they bought reus for close to 20mil so thats not entirely true

Forzabvb
04-03-12, 04:52 PM
Twente leads with 2-0 against PSV!

Forzabvb
04-03-12, 06:35 PM
2-6 :peace: FC Twente made history in Eindhoven.

Mark
05-03-12, 11:13 AM
McClaren doing well there again, then?

Patinoz
10-03-12, 05:40 PM
Bayern 7:1 Hoffenheim :)

good warm-up for the basel game

Dermotron
10-03-12, 06:05 PM
And there was an article online about how well Babbels start had gone :lol:

Patinoz
10-03-12, 06:21 PM
it was actually the first game he lost after 3 draws and a win

nevertheless, they are an awful team. they sell, loan out or suspend every half-decent player they got, its hilarious :lol:

BeezerCeltic1967
09-04-12, 04:28 PM
Rangers season.

RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3PfCeSjE1IY

Mervmeister
09-04-12, 05:24 PM
Hardly an achievement mate. Afterall there is a 50/50 chance of winning the title before the season even begins lol. Pointless league!!

BeezerCeltic1967
09-04-12, 05:31 PM
Oh it's an achivement alright bud,
hardly a level playing field up here :ok:
teams allowed to rack up £134m worth of debt, spending it on players/wages etc while other clubs play by the rules, so in effect having a£134m head start on all the other clubs, oh yes its an achivement :ok:

:slap:

BeezerCeltic1967
09-04-12, 05:34 PM
Hardly an achievement mate. Afterall there is a 50/50 chance of winning the title before the season even begins lol. Pointless league!!

2 teams out of the 10 win it, so i make that a 5th of the teams?

in EPL, since it started in 1992 4 diff teams have won it, 4 out of 20 = a 5th?

Pointless league :ok:

LR
09-04-12, 05:53 PM
2 teams out of the 10 win it, so i make that a 5th of the teams?

in EPL, since it started in 1992 4 diff teams have won it, 4 out of 20 = a 5th?

Pointless league :ok:

Touché!!! :lol:

Mervmeister
09-04-12, 06:06 PM
4 winners = 25% chance of different winner at start of season, ignoring the likes of Tottenham.
2 winners = 50% chance of winning at start of season. Screw your 5th shite lol

BeezerCeltic1967
09-04-12, 06:09 PM
4 winners = 25% chance of different winner at start of season, ignoring the likes of Tottenham.
2 winners = 50% chance of winning at start of season. Screw your 5th shite lol

aye,
coz they have never won it :lol:

:help:

:boink:

a 5th is a 5th is a 5th is a 5th :ok:

:doggy:

MrBuckminster
10-04-12, 01:52 PM
Oh it's an achivement alright bud,
hardly a level playing field up here :ok:
teams allowed to rack up £134m worth of debt, spending it on players/wages etc while other clubs play by the rules, so in effect having a£134m head start on all the other clubs, oh yes its an achivement :ok:

:slap:

This was of course the same time Dermot Desmond single handedly self funded deals for Robbie Keane and Craig Bellamy aswell as a few "Soft Loans" from the man to use on spending sprees. No one is whiter than white in the SPL. :ok:

churky
11-04-12, 08:59 PM
Dortmund-Bayern 1-0

Boring game apart from the last 15 mins...Robben's penalty was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, I can see now what Pat meant when he said Bayern could win the CL.

Dermotron
11-04-12, 09:04 PM
You see Yakubu's 1st pen from last night Churky? Must be fair bad if it was worse than that :shocked:

churky
11-04-12, 09:07 PM
You see Yakubu's 1st pen from last night Churky? Must be fair bad if it was worse than that :shocked:

No, I haven't.

LINK TACTIC? :D

Dermotron
11-04-12, 09:17 PM
Ya lazy shit :lol:

1:55-2:10 :ok:

Patinoz
12-04-12, 07:19 PM
alright, come on guys, give me shit (churky already did)

i watched the game last night and it was like the one last year. doesnt deserve a winner but dortmund somehow manages to score one and get a 1-0 victory. sucks massively but the point is: If ya don't score a goal out of all the chances we had (pen, 2 metres in front of the empty goal in 91st min), you don't deserve to win.

congrats to dortmund for their playing style and winning the bundesliga. they are still arrogant cunts though (subotic after robben's pen)

churky
12-04-12, 08:56 PM
(subotic after robben's pen)

Typical Serbian.

BeezerCeltic1967
12-04-12, 09:26 PM
i thought subotic was good :ok:

robben is a diving little cheat and has been for years,

was it him that also played the dortmund player onside for their goal? :lol:

churky
12-04-12, 09:29 PM

There was no need for such a reaction by Subotić. Despite Robben being him usual self, Subotić should've moved away from him after the penalty and enjoy the victory without being a twat. Like a sir. :)

Patinoz
12-04-12, 09:59 PM

Robben does fall easily. Not sure it was him snoozing when the goal happened.

It was a legitimate pen though. Weidenfeller clearly tripped him.

shikaka
13-04-12, 08:39 AM

i watched the game last night and it was like the one last year. doesnt deserve a winner but dortmund somehow manages to score one and get a 1-0 victory. sucks massively but the point is: If ya don't score a goal out of all the chances we had (pen, 2 metres in front of the empty goal in 91st min), you don't deserve to win.

congrats to dortmund for their playing style and winning the bundesliga. they are still arrogant cunts though (subotic after robben's pen)

I already said that Bayern needs a new manager, and some quality on the bench. You cannot win the Bundesliga AND go through the later stages of the CL with 14-15 players who you can count on. At least 3-4 backups are necessery if Bayern wants the title and the CL too.

churky
13-04-12, 09:52 AM
Dortmund match showed what I'd said long ago; Bayern's game is one-dimensional. There's always "Robbery" running down the flank past his guard and crossing the ball or cutting inside and then shoot/attempt a through ball. There is no immediate threat from the middle so the opposition can easily double up the flanks, and that's exactly what happened against Dortmund. A player in AMC position should drop a bit deeper to provide some "playmaking", but I'm afraid Kroos and Muller are not very good at that at the moment. I'd put Schweinsteiger up there and stick someone less technical, but hard working on his DMC/MC position.
Bayern's tactics work sometimes because Ribery and Robben are, after all, world class players, but you can't expect them to skin two players all the time.

Patinoz
13-04-12, 09:55 AM
I already said that Bayern needs a new manager, and some quality on the bench. You cannot win the Bundesliga AND go through the later stages of the CL with 14-15 players who you can count on. At least 3-4 backups are necessery if Bayern wants the title and the CL too.

I agree with the latter part. the squad is too thin. the first part is nonsense, everybody said heynckes needs to go and then they won the last 9 or 10 matches in a row, everybody was quiet again, and now they lost 1 and he needs to go again. you sound like a tabloid

Patinoz
13-04-12, 09:58 AM
Dortmund match showed what I'd said long ago; Bayern's game is one-dimensional. There's always "Robbery" running down the flank past his guard and crossing the ball or cutting inside and then shoot/attempt a through ball. There is no immediate threat from the middle so the opposition can easily double up the flanks, and that's exactly what happened against Dortmund. A player in AMC position should drop a bit deeper to provide some "playmaking", but I'm afraid Kroos and Muller are not very good at that at the moment. I'd put Schweinsteiger up there and stick someone less technical, but hard working on his DMC/MC position.
Bayern's tactics work sometimes because Ribery and Robben are, after all, world class players, but you can't expect them to skin two players all the time.

i'd put Kroos up there. Müller isnt having his greatest season. Kroos got amazing vision and passing ability and it was Ribery, Kroos, Müller when we dominated everybody at the start of the season.

Müller isnt a playmaker, his role is more the AMR one like he plays for germany. Putting Kroos behind Gomez you got 3 players with great passing abilities behind Gomez and Kroos will always be the one standing outside the box whereas Müller will always be inside. Furthermore AMC is Kroos' fav position and he repeatedly said that. It makes the squad look a bit weaker on paper (Müller > Luiz Gustavo) but its probably the wise thing to do and we played like that after 55min when Schweini got subbed in and from that time we really applied pressure.

Schweinsteiger and Luiz Gustavo as DMC then.

btw, we werent the worse team against Dortmund. We dominated them in the second half (whereas they were way better in the first half). When they scored the goal in the 70-odd min, it was like the first and only time they were at our box in the second half up to that point.

shikaka
13-04-12, 10:20 AM
I agree with the latter part. the squad is too thin. the first part is nonsense, everybody said heynckes needs to go and then they won the last 9 or 10 matches in a row, everybody was quiet again, and now they lost 1 and he needs to go again. you sound like a tabloid

Tabloid? Nah...
I am saying Heynckes is not a sollution since he was named as manager.
The fact that he had a good run, a few short winning streaks didn't change my mind.

He cannot adapt to unexpected opposing tactics, doesn't rotate the squad well, he is simply a grumpy old man living from his past successes.

player in AMC position should drop a bit deeper to provide some "playmaking", but I'm afraid Kroos and Muller are not very good at that at the moment. I'd put Schweinsteiger up there and stick someone less technical, but hard working on his DMC/MC position.

If Schweinsteiger is fit, he does a good job in organizing a few chances from the middle. He has a very good partner in Gustavo, who does the running so that Schweini is has a bit of breath. It is working good until they are both fit.

BUT Tymo is hopeless, the next Ottl in the team. Alaba will be a good choice there in 2 seasons but not now.

But for next season they will need to sign someone, to replace Tymo and tutor Alaba. Someone who is happy to sit on the bench and act as a backup/partner to Schweini, can pass, is a hard worker, and as we know Hoeness, should be relatively unknown and preferably cheap. I think their target last year (Vidal) was ideal, but he is now in Juve, so someone else.
I think a player like Salihovic would be a good signing: hard working, good passing skills, not a primadonna and has an added bonus of 3-4 free kick goals per season. Maybe Sahin if Madrid doesn't want him and he is willing to sign for someone else as Dortmund.

Also a replacement for Olic (if he leaves) and a fullback is necessery (if they sell Contento)

churky
13-04-12, 10:52 AM
i'd put Kroos up there. Müller isnt having his greatest season. Kroos got amazing vision and passing ability and it was Ribery, Kroos, Müller when we dominated everybody at the start of the season.

I'm not overly impressed with Kroos tbh, but he has time to develop properly in that respect.

Müller isnt a playmaker, his role is more the AMR one like he plays for germany. Putting Kroos behind Gomez you got 3 players with great passing abilities behind Gomez and Kroos will always be the one standing outside the box whereas Müller will always be inside.

I agree the Müller is a waste on AMC position, he's more a finisher than a passer. However, he's Bayern boy with all the hype around him so has to be squeezed into the team somehow, and that's the problem. Reminds me of England national team and their managers trying to fit all the stars into starting XI.

btw, we werent the worse team against Dortmund. We dominated them in the second half (whereas they were way better in the first half). When they scored the goal in the 70-odd min, it was like the first and only time they were at our box in the second half up to that point.

That's true, it was a tight and nervous match. Dortmund were a bit lucky all together, but Bayern should've done much more with different tactical approach. After all, they were the ones trying to close a 3-point gap.

If Schweinsteiger is fit, he does a good job in organizing a few chances from the middle. He has a very good partner in Gustavo, who does the running so that Schweini is has a bit of breath. It is working good until they are both fit.

BUT Tymo is hopeless, the next Ottl in the team. Alaba will be a good choice there in 2 seasons but not now.

But for next season they will need to sign someone, to replace Tymo and tutor Alaba. Someone who is happy to sit on the bench and act as a backup/partner to Schweini, can pass, is a hard worker, and as we know Hoeness, should be relatively unknown and preferably cheap. I think their target last year (Vidal) was ideal, but he is now in Juve, so someone else.
I think a player like Salihovic would be a good signing: hard working, good passing skills, not a primadonna and has an added bonus of 3-4 free kick goals per season. Maybe Sahin if Madrid doesn't want him and he is willing to sign for someone else as Dortmund.

Pranjić can play that kind of DMC role; a back-up and support for more technical player.

Patinoz
13-04-12, 11:03 AM
Tabloid? Nah...
I am saying Heynckes is not a sollution since he was named as manager.
The fact that he had a good run, a few short winning streaks didn't change my mind.

He cannot adapt to unexpected opposing tactics, doesn't rotate the squad well, he is simply a grumpy old man living from his past successes.

We never gonna agree on that one, so lets just drop it.

Also a replacement for Olic (if he leaves) and a fullback is necessery (if they sell Contento)

Tymo will still be there next season. Alaba wont play DMC, he is a revelation as a fullback.
I'd even go as far as saying he was the best Bayern player (with Neuer) against Dortmund.

Salihovic is neither hard-working nor "NOT a primadonna". He gets suspended (by the manager) three times a season cuz he shows absolutely no professionalism at times.

Good player but not a guy you necessarily want to have in your squad if you want to improve chemistry.

Patinoz
13-04-12, 11:06 AM
I'm not overly impressed with Kroos tbh, but he has time to develop properly in that respect.

Kroos been great this season. We gotta disagree on that one.

I agree the Müller is a waste on AMC position, he's more a finisher than a passer. However, he's Bayern boy with all the hype around him so has to be squeezed into the team somehow, and that's the problem. Reminds me of England national team and their managers trying to fit all the stars into starting XI.

I wouldnt say that. Besides Heynckes benched him before too.

That's true, it was a tight and nervous match. Dortmund were a bit lucky all together, but Bayern should've done much more with different tactical approach. After all, they were the ones trying to close a 3-point gap.

I agree with that one. We started the game a bit disappointing.

Pranjić can play that kind of DMC role; a back-up and support for more technical player.

Pranjic is wank. No offense. He won't be there next season (hopefully)

shikaka
13-04-12, 11:17 AM
We never gonna agree on that one, so lets just drop it.

I concur :)

Salihovic is neither hard-working nor "NOT a primadonna". He gets suspended (by the manager) three times a season cuz he shows absolutely no professionalism at times.

Good player but not a guy you necessarily want to have in your squad if you want to improve chemistry.

Yeah, he is a party animal :)

But you understand: someone who can replace Schweini when he is injured, has an eye for the pass, preferably a hard worker for a bargain price. (that means without international recognition or someone who wasted a year in Madrid/Manchester/Chelsea). He shouldn't even be young, just last for 2 years until Alaba (or an other Bayern youngster) matures a bit.

Sahin, Guarín, maybe Michael Johnson, David Pizzaro...

Forzabvb
13-04-12, 11:18 AM

Arrogant? Dortmund? From which club is the manager that said: "If Bayern wants a player, it gets the player?" ;)

shikaka
13-04-12, 11:20 AM
Arrogant? Dortmund? From which club is the manager that said: "If Bayern wants a player, it gets the player?" ;)

Hehe, but you gotta agree: Noone even compares to him when it is about "virtually comparing penises in press".

I really love this guy and his method of running the club!

churky
13-04-12, 11:28 AM
I wouldnt say that. Besides Heynckes benched him before too.

He may have benched him a few times, but the issue remains. The home-grown boy has to be fit into the squad. That problem happens in a lot of clubs.

Pranjic is wank. No offense. He won't be there next season (hopefully)

I agree. :lol: He's been wank because you kept playing him on loads of different positions, but mainly on left-back, where he's absolutely abysmal.

Patinoz
13-04-12, 11:34 AM

Dortmund is turning into a very arrogant team. There is a big news article out today saying you don't only have to show dignity when losing but also when winning.
The problem is that a similar thing happened against Greuter Fürth a few weeks ago when Großkreutz ran over the entire pitch to talk smack to somebody.

It just shows no class whatsoever.

Regarding Hoeneß, you can hate him all you want but his achievements for German Football are second to none (on par with Beckenbauer)

Patinoz
13-04-12, 11:36 AM
Sahin, Guarín, maybe Michael Johnson, David Pizzaro...

They wouldnt buy players like that. They are looking to buy German or at least Semi-German (Sahin, Shaquiri)

churky
13-04-12, 11:43 AM
They wouldnt buy players like that. They are looking to buy German or at least Semi-German (Sahin, Shaquiri)

Which reminds me, Shaqiri is another one who will be a problem to fit in the squad.

Mark
13-04-12, 12:04 PM
Michael Johnson? Bit of a random name there, his career is ruined by injuries unfortunately. I think he didn't even have a good spell on loan at Leicester recently.

shikaka
13-04-12, 12:12 PM
He may have benched him a few times, but the issue remains. The home-grown boy has to be fit into the squad. That problem happens in a lot of clubs.

I forgot to agree with that one. He is quite bad on the latest matches and plays games while in bad form.
He has to pay attention or he can turn into rubbish quickly.

How exactly is a swiss, born in Albania a Semi-German? :D

Patinoz
13-04-12, 12:20 PM
he speaks the language.

shikaka
13-04-12, 12:25 PM
Btw. Start watching Serie A!

There is the title race between Milan and Juventus. (currently Juve is up with a point, but they will have to play Cesena, Novara and Lecce - all 3 are in a great battle agasint relegation)

There is a gangbang for the 3rd Champions league spot between Lazio (54), Udinese (51), Roma (50), Napoli (48) and Inter (48). Where Lazio and Inter will visit Udinese, Roma will play Juventus and Napoli!

The relegation battle is ususally the most interesting (3 relegation spots), now Cesena (21), Novara (25), Lecce (34), Genoa (35!!) and Fiorentina (37). With all involved having a rough ride: Genoa will go to Udinese and Milano, and Fiorentina has to play Roma, Inter, Atalanta AND Lecce.

I wouldn't bet on Fiorentina staying up! I really would like Lazio in champions league, this way they could keep their stars and show europe how gangsters (Edy Reja and Lotito) run a football club. (really, if these two guys wouldn't work in football, they would be very good terrorists/gangsters)

So guys, tense matches and drama on every gameday :)

Janis89
13-04-12, 01:11 PM
I hope Juventus takes it home , have always been a fan of Juventus . Or at least since I was 8 or so.

Unbeaten this season , that is an achievement. But need to stop giving away 2 points there and 2 points here.

Last three games for Juventus :

Juventus - Napoli 3-0
Palermo - Juventus 0-2 (Palermo is one of the best home teams , if not THE best home team in Serie A)
Juventus - Lazio 2-1

The only really tough game on paper left for Juventus (except the final) is at home vs Roma .

shikaka
13-04-12, 01:17 PM
I hope Juventus takes it home , have always been a fan of Juventus . Or at least since I was 8 or so.

Unbeaten this season , that is an achievement. But need to stop giving away 2 points there and 2 points here.

Last three games for Juventus :

Juventus - Napoli 3-0
Palermo - Juventus 0-2 (Palermo is one of the best home teams , if not THE best home team in Serie A)
Juventus - Lazio 2-1

The only really tough game on paper left for Juventus (except the final) is at home vs Roma .

Better make it last 5:
Fiorentina (a) 5-0
Inter (h) 2-0
Napoli (h) 3-0
Palermo (a) 2-0
Lazio (h) 2-1

That is: 5 rough matches, 15 points, 15 scored goals 1 conceeded :D

Nope. This season better team were not a problem for Juve. Most derbies were won, but they left points in Siena, Parma, Bologna...

Janis89
13-04-12, 01:27 PM
That is 5 tough games :ok:

I wonder which players they will buy this summer , I wouldnt mind Tevez :D

Really looking forward to seeing them in CL next year , they belong up there with the big boys.

So yeah they need to stop giving away 2 points vs teams like Bologna , Siena etc ...

What do you think of Matri this season?

shikaka
13-04-12, 01:50 PM
What do you think of Matri this season?

I have a friend who is a Juventus supporter, and he doesn't really like him.
But as far as I can tell, he is good to have in the squad: he came, he seems really thrilled just by the fact that he has a Juve jersey, and does everything possible, always working hard on the pitch. He doesn't mind sitting out a few games on the bench either, and he is also italian (which helps with the homegrown rule).

I think he is perfect to fill out the squad, and when he has weight on his shoulders he can score 10+ goals per season steadily, but I think he will not be enough for champions league football. I cannot say it in a better form, but he can score if others create chances for him, unlike for example Ibra, who can create chances for himself.

So, in my opinion he is very usefule to have in the squad, but a striker signing is needed for Juve. (and off with Boriello)

Mark
13-04-12, 01:51 PM
Didn't know Juve were unbeaten! Is Del Piero still a bit part player this season? Think I read earlier this year that he was being forced to retire this season.

Janis89
13-04-12, 01:56 PM
He is a bench player this season :(

Heard rumours of him going to another club , hope it`s only gossip though :ok:

Unbeaten for 32 games in the league.

So what`s the dealio with my favourite English team? (Stoke)

They dont look like the same team as last year , Brittania is not the forth it was either .

shikaka
13-04-12, 02:01 PM
Didn't know Juve were unbeaten! Is Del Piero still a bit part player this season? Think I read earlier this year that he was being forced to retire this season.

Mainly used as an 'impact sub' (if that makes sense?)

Just scored a winner against Lazio :)
22 apps (16 as sub) and 4 goals this season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdvyFLrA0dw

Patinoz
13-04-12, 03:44 PM
Unbeaten for 32 games in the league.

Who did they have to pay this time for it to happen?

shikaka
13-04-12, 05:11 PM
Who did they have to pay this time for it to happen?

Actually Juventus is leading DESPITE refs holding them back.

Dr.Football1
02-05-12, 08:55 PM
Delio Rossi vs Adem Ljajic :twitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16sSegBowuI

nirvana
03-05-12, 10:06 AM
I know that player's name from somewhere. Must have signed him before on cm.

Mark
03-05-12, 10:35 AM
He was in Man Utd's reserves a few years ago.

nirvana
03-05-12, 10:43 AM
That's it. He was half decent on one of the updates too, if I remember correctly.

ebfatz
03-05-12, 11:35 PM
Barcelona are interested in David Luiz and Younes Kaboul.

Their standards are slipping and Pep hasn't even left yet!

Coys
03-05-12, 11:57 PM
To be fair Luiz would be a typical Barca like player

Dermotron
04-05-12, 09:12 AM
Luiz has been very good since Xmas in fairness to him. And for once I agree with Coys :D

ebfatz
04-05-12, 09:14 AM
To impatient with his passing.
Instead of a simple 10 yard pass to Xavi, he'll be trying to ping 60/70 yard balls diagonally on to the toe of the forward line.
He could have that taken out of him though, he's still pretty young.

Patinoz
04-05-12, 09:36 AM
To be fair Luiz would be a typical Barca like player

just because he got hair like puyol doesnt mean he is as good as puyol.

youngwolf
04-05-12, 03:42 PM
He could be as good as him eventually. I like Kaboul too, especially when Jarvis was ripping him apart on his (second) Spurs debut :D

Coys
04-05-12, 04:58 PM
:lol: Kaboul is 5 times the player he used to be, one of the first names on the team sheet now :eek:

Coys
04-05-12, 05:01 PM
If Luiz signs for Barcelona i can see him just sitting infront of the two centre backs, with the freedom of making runs forward when barcelona have pressure

Patinoz
06-05-12, 10:51 AM
i had a long chat about kagawa etc. with my best mate a few days ago who is as much a dortmund fan as i am a bayern fan and we even agreed on that point (and that doesnt happen to often)

the reason dortmund does good in the bundesliga is their team chemistry and coach. life in dortmund is simple. there aint no media who is on your back 24/7, the way it is in munich, england, spain etc. they are a family. kagawa lives together in a house with perisic and gündogan. they go to practice together and come hoome and play playstation.
talking about gündogan. he came from nürnberg for quite some money and didnt play at all until a month ago. but in dortmund nobody cares. in most other clubs the media would have written articles about what a shite transfer he is etc.
you can play 10 shit games in a row for dortmund and still gonna play and be given another chance.

they are all best friends at the club, willing to fight and run for each other (biggest difference to bayern). that is what makes them strong. they dont have the better individual players, they're just the better team (in the bundesliga)

and that is my point exactly. the reason they perform so well is cuz they all feel great at dortmund. they have a coach who is their father and best friend at the same time, got a quiet life at the club and so on.

as i mentioned above, sahin is the best example. supposedly so great last season and couldnt do shit at real. was lucky to be named on the bench. yet özil and khedira play most games.

same will happen to most dortmund players. and as i said, my mate and i agreed in saying that some dortmund players overrate their own skills or rather might not understand that the club and its surroundings is the factor which makes them so strong. same might happen to kagawa. we obv dont know for sure until he is there and plays and i might be wrong as well.

nevertheless, why does bayern become a topic when we are talking about dortmund and a potential transfer regarding kagawa. thats what i dont understand. i didnt bring up bayern. i only said that i rate a player from another bundesliga team not high enough to make a move to united. if he plays for dortmund, schalke or fucking augsburg doesnt make a difference.
i wouldnt recommend alaba going to united either.

shikaka
07-05-12, 01:53 PM
he wont do as well for united as he'd do for dortmund anyway. dortmund players just get overrated. l

I concur, you say the truth.

With the exception of Hummels (and maybe Bender), the Dortmund players are average Bundesliga material. (Hummels is better then average)

The reason why they perform over their own capabilities is the system of Klopp. He did the same in Mainz: practice together, run together, act as a unit on the pitch. It is working quite well to be honest.

BUT the players are not world beaters, no matter what they think: it is the system which works perfectly, and when they are not part of it, just fighting for a first team place somewhere else, their performances will be bad compared to what they achieved in Dortmund. I am quite sure that most (if not all...) teams who sign Dortmund players will be disappointed.
For Dortmund, it is not that big problem. I mean players like Barrios and Schmelzer are easy to find, after all, only their mentality matters: until they accept Klopp and do as he says, they will fit Dortmund and will provide results.

Also, there IS a gap which Klopp cannot close with practice and motivation: I THINK that this Dortmund, even though german champion, would be not hard to beat for Manchester, Milan or Madrid. What they are good at is beating weaker opposition in a series of matches, but 2 matches against a much better opponent are not for them.

Patinoz
07-05-12, 02:19 PM
thats exactly my point. if you through the players one by one and for example compare them to bayern, it is obvious we have the better individual players.

however, klopp and his system transforms an average - good team to a good - very good team, at least on the national stage where they have all the time in the world to prepare for the next match.

and yes, they have won the league twice now but both season they went out very early in europe and had time to focus on the bundesliga.

This season they got such a lucky break draw-wise. They were in Pot 4 and got a group consisting of Arsenal who were absolutely terrible at the beginning of the season, Marseille who have their worst season in a decade and Piräus who you have to beat day in and day out. Yet they managed to be 4th!! in that group.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/4655/61513821.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/61513821.png/)

Same last season, they went out in the EL Group Stage as 3rd. P-SG wasnt the team it is this season last season, Sevilla is an ok team, and the ukrainian outfit, never heard of them.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8921/euroleague.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/euroleague.png/)

They deserved to win the league this season, credit where credit is due. I ain't gonna watch them in awe though unless they show something in Europe too.

It's the system and the coach which makes them strong, not their players.

Coys
07-05-12, 02:32 PM
What they are good at is beating weaker opposition in a series of matches, but 2 matches against a much better opponent are not for them.

I suppose that is why they lost home and away to Bayern. Oh wait...

Unless ofcourse you are reffering to Bayern as a weak opposition :lol:

shikaka
07-05-12, 04:47 PM
I suppose that is why they lost home and away to Bayern. Oh wait...

Unless ofcourse you are reffering to Bayern as a weak opposition :lol:

Of course not.

However, by that time Dortmund had to concentrate only on the BUndesliga and the cup, where Bayern had to play extra 6 matches with a thin squad which has like 15-16 players, PLUS Schweinsteiger missing half season.

Also, of course I didn't say that Dortmund is always unable to defeat teams which have better individuals. Just that
- Klopp is using a system which has the biggest benefits in a league, not cup system
- Dortmund's players as individuals are overrated at the moment, they function so well in Klopp's system and under his influence.

Patinoz
07-05-12, 07:12 PM
you have a strange obsession with bayern coys. i doubt you sit in front of the telly all weekend watching bundesliga games. we all know you prolly havent watched a single one in your life.

i dont see myself commenting spurs all day long.

just jog on boy. i know its tough being a lonely teenager but nonetheless, get a proper hobby.

Blue Demon
08-05-12, 09:06 AM
So, after 10+ years of disaster, I finally can be so proud again of my team, Feyenoord. :cool:

With 0 euros invested, this year was bound to be another one without success, but Koeman managed to turn a group of mostly ~20 year olds into a great football machine. The result: CL qualifyers. I doubt we can make it through the 3rd and 4th round to actually get into the group phase, but i`m looking forward to it anyway. :)

Coys
08-05-12, 11:10 AM
You see Pat, that's the difference. I stated my opinion and Shikaka actually replied with something worth reading (even though i disagree with it in some ways) where as you just do the whole " you are an obsessed little troll bla bla bla " Just because i don't support Bayern or Dortmund doesn't mean i can't comment on it. Still bitter from the CL thread just because i don't think Bayern are better than Madrid :lol:

churky
08-05-12, 02:56 PM
What Pat and BD said is something many people miss: the influence a manager can have on his team. Some managers are just boring and bland, but others take the best out of what they have. We've seen many examples how a manager turns a bunch of misfits into a strong team. Many say that a manager is only good as his players are, but that's simply not true imo. In football, you really can polish a turd.

Coys
08-05-12, 04:45 PM
That maybe true, but at the end of the day the manager isn't on the pitch.

BeezerCeltic1967
14-05-12, 05:29 PM
villarreal relegated,
sad to see that,
like the yellow submarines :ok:

Dermotron
14-05-12, 05:48 PM
Strange the way football has gone that its not a top story!

Its a bit like when Deportivo went down. Villarreal such a small club (only 50k live in the town, 25k stadium :eek:), could be awhile before they recover. Then again, Chievo in Italy have proved it can be done.

Patinoz
14-05-12, 06:17 PM
yeah, wanted to post that yesterday.

crazy shit. from cl to league 2. they were in a group with bayern at the start of the year.

reckon their injuries played quite a role as well in going down.

shikaka
14-05-12, 06:28 PM
What Pat and BD said is something many people miss: the influence a manager can have on his team. Some managers are just boring and bland, but others take the best out of what they have. We've seen many examples how a manager turns a bunch of misfits into a strong team. Many say that a manager is only good as his players are, but that's simply not true imo. In football, you really can polish a turd.

That is very true.

Some managers have great achievements, even though they don't win silverware.

One of my favourites now is Lucien Favre, I would really love to see him at a club which can actually keep players: he did great with getting Hertha not relegated for a season (his key players were Simunic and Voronin!), and now his Gladbach was also great (with Dante, ter Stegen and Reus - two already are leaving).

But similar were this season:
Conte with Juventus (a great defense formed with players all fans wanted out: Barzagli and Bonucci, also reviatalized Pirlo, who I didn't see playing well for 5-6 years)
Bielsa with Bilbao (completely changed club mentality)
Simeone with Madrid (changed the team of "always losers" to a deadly football machine, also saved the career of Diego)
Klopp with Dortmund (written before)
Etc...

churky
14-05-12, 07:36 PM
The most glaring example of manager's "magic" is obviously Mourinho. It's enough to see how he changes the mentality of a club wherever he goes and in every club he has left players who only played on a world class level under his management.
Half a Porto team (Nuno Valente, Costinha, Maniche, Carlos Alberto, Derlei...), Gudjohnsen, Joe Cole, Duff etc. in Chelsea, Milito, Maicon, Motta, even Sneijder in Inter...

Patinoz
14-05-12, 11:32 PM
what i'd like to add though regarding mou. as great as he is when he is there, i have the feeling he leaves the club in shambles when he is, well, leaving again.

Redknapp69
14-05-12, 11:55 PM
The most glaring example of manager's "magic" is obviously Mourinho. It's enough to see how he changes the mentality of a club wherever he goes and in every club he has left players who only played on a world class level under his management.
Half a Porto team (Nuno Valente, Costinha, Maniche, Carlos Alberto, Derlei...), Gudjohnsen, Joe Cole, Duff etc. in Chelsea, Milito, Maicon, Motta, even Sneijder in Inter...

Would still like to see Mourinho at a team where he isn't given a wedge of money.

ClayDatsusara
15-05-12, 04:18 AM
Would still like to see Mourinho at a team where he isn't given a wedge of money.

as i stated above he performed above expectations in his first stints as manager, both in a wrecked Benfica, leading mediocre players (incidentally chosen by his predecessor at the club Jupp Heynkes - but to be honest Benfica had no money at the time) to a good string of games - I remember a derby against Sporting ending 3-0 in our favor, and one of the best players of that team was Diogo Luís, a leftback that never in his life got a chance in a top team; and after that Mou spent half year in Leiria, a bottom league team, leaving them in 3rd in the table before fleeing to Porto in January.

shikaka
15-05-12, 07:10 AM
what i'd like to add though regarding mou. as great as he is when he is there, i have the feeling he leaves the club in shambles when he is, well, leaving again.

In my opinion he didn't leave Chelsea and Inter in shambles...
Of course they didn't win much since he left, but it is mainly due to the fact that the owners screwed it all up. Especially Abramovic with continously firing managers, but Moratti was kind of strange too when appointing Leonardo, Benitez, Gasperini AND Ranieri.

What Mourinho does well is that under his guidance, otherwise mediocre players seem world class. But when he leaves, it turns out that they are nothing special, this was especially true for Inter (Maicon, Pandev, Milito).

nirvana
15-05-12, 08:01 AM
What I find interesting about Mourinho, is everyone like to paint him as some cocky, egotisical twat. Yet nearly everyone that's played under him, ie those that actually know him, adore the man & only have good words to say about him.

Best manager about by a country mile.

churky
15-05-12, 11:24 AM

Check his old games in Portugal then, especially Porto. He made a bunch of shit to mediocre players look like world class beasts. Most of them earned a nice transfer afterwards and flopped miserably within 2 seasons.

Fods
15-05-12, 01:08 PM
Brilliant, fucking foreigners :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JKCjH7p8d-I

shikaka
15-05-12, 01:23 PM
Brilliant, fucking foreigners :rolleyes:

Was this in England?

Fods
15-05-12, 01:27 PM
Judging by them speaking a language other than English, Id guess not ;)

shikaka
15-05-12, 01:39 PM
Judging by them speaking a language other than English, Id guess not ;)

Why do you care then? I thought ukrainians were fighting in Sheffield or something...

Fods
15-05-12, 01:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bNlVk.gif

BeezerCeltic1967
15-05-12, 05:01 PM
https://p.twimg.com/As3L2AGCAAAA4nu.jpg

La Liga without the goals of messi/ronaldo :lol:

shikaka
16-05-12, 08:00 AM
After this season, we will not see playing:
Alessandro Nesta
Alessandro Del Piero
Clarence Seedorf
Filippo Inzaghi

I will really miss them :(

While Del Piero, Nesta and Inzaghi receive much praise, but I think Seedorf doesn't get enough attention.
Really, folks don't even realize how lucky they are that they saw him play! :)

Fods
16-05-12, 08:08 AM
the regens should be decent tho :ok:

Blue Demon
16-05-12, 09:03 AM
Seedorf didnt retire. Last rumour is Botafogo.

ebfatz
16-05-12, 10:29 AM
Nesta and Del Piero I don't think are retiring either.
Nesta to the NY Red Bulls last I heard. Del Piero with probable offers from all over the world.

shikaka
16-05-12, 12:01 PM
Well, playing in New York, Sao Paolo or Tokyo - for me - is the same as retirement. I will not see them.

Patinoz
16-05-12, 12:47 PM
I said it last night on the SB, absolute disgrace what happened in Düsseldorf last night.

Game had to be interrupted for 10minutes following Hertha supporters throwing bengal lights onto the pitch.

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2012/05/15/relegation-hertha/fg/Fortuna_20D_C3_BCsseldorf_20-_20Hertha_20BSC__26491958__MBQF-1337112139,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2012/05/15/relegation-hertha/fg/Fortuna_20Duesseldorf_20v_20Hertha_20BSC_20Berlin_ 20-_20Bundesli__26492054__MBQF-1337112788,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2012/05/15/relegation-hertha/fg/Fortuna_20Duesseldorf_20v_20Hertha_20BSC_20Berlin_ 20-_20Bundesli__26492052__MBQF-1337112806,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2012/05/15/relegation-hertha/fg/bu_2C13_2Cpolizei__v2.jpg__26492740__MBQF-1337115269,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg

At the end of the game Düsseldorf supporters ran onto the pitch when there will still 2 minutes to play.

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2012/05/16/spiel-der-schande/fg/OPIvon15.05.2012__26493358__MBQF-1337151984,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/2012/05/15/relegation-hertha/fg/bu_2C13_2Cmassen.jpg__26492739__MBQF-1337115260,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg

Almost a fight broke lose when Lell supposedly insulted Lukimya pretty badly.

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/vereine/hertha-bsc/2012/05/16/christian-lell/fg/Fortuna_20Duesseldorf_20v_20Hertha_20BSC_20Berlin_ 20-_20Bundesli__26493288__MBHF-1337151180,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg

After the game Lell and others also insulted the refs.

http://sportbild.bild.de/SPORT/bundesliga/vereine/hertha-bsc/2012/05/16/christian-lell/fg/OPIvon15.05.2012__26493193__MBQF-1337158475,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,h eight=349.jpg

That was topped though by Hertha player Kobiashvili who hit referee Stark in the face after the game. This story did already got confirmed by the DFB.

Düsseldorf Captain Andreas Lambertz also faces punishment after being seen waving and holding a bengal light himself after the game.

All in all, absolutely disgraceful what happened here yesterday. German FA got a massive problem at their hand.

It is also very questionable if the result stands. Hertha already objected the result.

15 minutes after Düsseldorf supporters stormed the pitch the game got continued for the last 2 minutes.
It ended with the official time saying 90:00 + 29

shikaka
16-05-12, 12:52 PM
Bengal lights shouldn't be banned. Stupid ruling.

(running onto the pitch and insulting refs is a problem tho)

robertob
17-05-12, 11:03 PM
Someone following the League of Ireland or considering himself even as the supporter of a LOI team?

I'm following the League for many years now and even when I still lived in Germany I've been interested in it and consider myself as a Bohemians supporter anyway. Hard times at the moment, the young and passionate team is great to watch though.

Dermotron
18-05-12, 09:40 AM
Used to go to every game when Kilkenny City still going - great shame they are not :(

Myself and a mate are going to see Wexford Youths play at home on June 1st given that a lot of the better players from there are from our locality - Graham Doyle, Aidan Keenan and Dean Broaders. Will go to some Waterford United games as my cousin has signed with them this year and is near the 1st team. Sean Maguire and Ben Ryan are 2 other locals in the side. With a bit of luck Maguire will get a chance at being a pro in England, good prospect

robertob
18-05-12, 12:07 PM
A that sounds cool. Yeah too bad with Kilkenny but Wexford Youth is an interesting club. They have a likeable approach. Good to see them doing well this year in the League what is kind of a surprise for me at least as I though they might struggle. But it looks as if they have a really talented team together.

Dermotron
18-05-12, 12:34 PM
Aidan Keenan is excellent for them, terrific player. Surprised its taken so long for him to get drafted into the LOI (Wexford manager would know him well from junior football). The junior team he left at Xmas lost every single game after he left. Tough as nails too

robertob
19-05-12, 12:30 AM
Have been to Dalymount Park tonight. Of course we lost. Derry was awful, you don't see often a team that is so unenthusiastic. They still got all the three points though. The young Bohs team has a great fighting spirit but a real lack of football quality. The ref was a disgrace however. What a fu**ing wanker. Anyway, there is nothing better than a Friday night out at Dalymount Park. Getting some lovely Curry Chips, watching football and having a few pints with your mates down in the Phoenix Bar after the game- and of course exchanging a few words with the manager - priceless!

Dermotron
19-05-12, 12:35 AM
How is our local hero Davey Mul playing? Seen the live game vs Pats on tv (worst game ever btw) and he was butchering a few lads. Tough man! Surprisingly a better striker than a midfielder or defender :shocked:

robertob
19-05-12, 12:04 PM
You mean Dave Mulcahy don't you? Done very well in midfield yesterday. One of the best on the pitch. Derek Pender was outstanding though. He's a great addition to this young team. Well, it's not easy to watch this years Bohs team playing anyway. Its hard to call it football, even though they really try to keep the ball down. But that doesn't matter actually. This Bohs team is fighting till the last second of a game. Never seen a bunch of players so passionate. Even yesterday, 2:0 down but still trying to get something out of the game in the 93rd minute. The lovely goal by Keith Ward was a great reward for the lads and they deserved the standing ovations after kick-off for their great effort. That's what football is about. And not paying 60 pounds or so for watching a plastic football club, owned by a sheikh, with players earning a ridiculous high salary but who are not caring about the jersey...

Dermotron
19-05-12, 12:15 PM
Yeah David Mulcahy.

No matter how bad a team is, it's hard not to support them when they are giving 100%. Watching teams like that on tv is tough but watching them live is a lot better. All that heart makes up for lack of ability imo

robertob
21-05-12, 09:35 AM
Michael D. Higgins after his visit at Dalymount Park last Friday:

"It's very easy to be at home watching soccer on television, but in fact the real test of those who like the beautiful game is to go and watch your local team".

True words... the whole interview is here to find: http://www.bohemians.ie/video/1627-interview-president-michael-d-higgins.html

shikaka
21-05-12, 09:43 AM
"It's very easy to be at home watching soccer on television, but in fact the real test of those who like the beautiful game is to go and watch your local team".

Completely the reverse: it is very easy to go out to watch your team live every week. I used to do it every week, watching my team in hungarian top and 2nd tier.... Hunting the net for non-crowded match streams, what I have to do now, in a pain in the arse though...

robertob
21-05-12, 11:27 AM
Well, you have to see that in the right context. He speaks about people who are sitting on their arse at home or in a pub, zapping to sky and watching Man United or whatever. Of course that it's much easier than going out for a football match even if it's raining dogs or if it's freezing cold. And many people here in Ireland are preferring a warm environment, sitting on a bar stole, while supporting "their team" on the other side of the Irish Sea than just to turn around the corner and to watch real football.

Dermotron
21-05-12, 11:46 AM
It's a bit of a harsh assessment. You forgotten that the majority of the country is brought up to support their local team, and that local team isn't even a football team, it will be the local GAA team. That team plays from April to Sept, prime weather here so trying to sell going to watch the LOI in the winter was going to be a terribly hard sell given the state the majority of the grounds are in.

Of course the league has been switched to Feb-Nov but all it's done is put itself in direct competition with the countries biggest and most widespread sporting organisation's calendar. For entertainment value on a Fri evening, paying €10 to watch a local club GAA match Vs. a LOI match is a no contest and it's folly even comparing County GAA match Vs. LOI match. The LOI clubs can't compete with the sense representation a GAA club gives the locality.

When Pat Scully was at Kilkenny City, there was one local player, one from Kildare and the rest from Dublin. It's hard to indentify with that when you have the likes of the top GAA stars walking around the City or working there.

I think that's why there is a huge bias to supporting teams in England (and Celtic), they don't interfere with enjoying the local GAA scene or even partaking in it for that matter. You also got to remember that the worldwide marketing budget of the EPL is huge, Man Utd advertising insurance in Ireland? Hard to see the LOI competing with that. That sort of support starts at an early age and it's hard to change peoples mentalities

robertob
21-05-12, 02:02 PM
Of course you're right and I don't blame anywone for that. It's how it is and it's up to the clubs and the League itself if they want to change something. I think many people just don't know how wonderful the experience at the football club around the corner can be nowadays and that the product itself improved allot over the years. Well, it's getting a bit better as the reports about McClean who played a year ago still for Derry helped obviously.

Dermotron
21-05-12, 02:17 PM
I thought that too when Kevin Doyle and Darryl Murphy moved across to England but it never really took off. The money the clubs here were paying was ridiculous and over inflated a market they couldn't possibly hope to stay ahead of.

Interesting article and there's still no real change - http://greenscene.me/2011/08/former-league-of-ireland-players-playing-abroad/.

Most guys that do well have been to England, got homesick/released, come home and gotten settled and matured a bit and gotten themselves another look at going across again a la Doyle, O'Donovan, Fahey etc.

shikaka
21-05-12, 02:19 PM
Well, you have to see that in the right context. He speaks about people who are sitting on their arse at home or in a pub, zapping to sky and watching Man United or whatever. Of course that it's much easier than going out for a football match even if it's raining dogs or if it's freezing cold. And many people here in Ireland are preferring a warm environment, sitting on a bar stole, while supporting "their team" on the other side of the Irish Sea than just to turn around the corner and to watch real football.

I still think it is easier to support a local team.
If I cared about, for example Juventus, I would have to change cable provider every year, could see them live maybe once or twice per year for an awful lot of money, and in general it would be hard to keep up the passion.
On the other hand, it is easier to go out to a DVTK match, meet with the mates, actually enjoy being part of the crowd - EVEN if that means about 10k per game, not 80k what Man Utd has.

I really admire those, who can actually keep supporting a team which they can't visit regularly. Be it Liverpool or Fortuna Düsseldorf.

edit: There is one thing what I don't understand: if someone is supporting Liverpool (as a hungarian for example) that is ok. But what I don't understand is that there are some folks who don't give local teams a try, because "they are worse for sure". Of course, there is not a mini-Barcelona playing in the district of Budapest I live in. But this is not the point why it is great to watch them live, either.

Fods
21-05-12, 02:41 PM
I watched my local team for years as a kid until I grew up and realised that the football they played was shit, so I stopped going, saved myself £20 a game and watched Man Utd live on Sky Sports

robertob
21-05-12, 03:45 PM
I watched my local team for years as a kid until I grew up and realised that the football they played was shit, so I stopped going, saved myself £20 a game and watched Man Utd live on Sky Sports

Well it's your choice... fair enough.

Just in general spoken: For me it's just that I could never support these overpaid players who don't care about the shirt and the club. I also can't understand people supporting a club without having the least relation to it. I also can't understand how it can be an enjoyment to watch these overpaid guys on TV and how that even can mean something to people. If it's only about watching a nice game of football, well that's understandable. But how many people call them self "fans" of teams where they probably even never have been to the city or the stadium they are "supporting"? We are talking about calling yourself "supporter" not about "I have a few sympathies for the club and like to watch them because they're playing good football".

For me it's just not understandable how people seriously can choose a bar stole in a pub and a TV over the real football, in a real stadium, with real fans and with committed players, where you can smell the grass and have the real atmosphere. It's all about opinion, of course and everyone shall enjoy football in a way that suits him. But for me there is nothing better than the real football, in your local community. I've never enjoyed football so much than I do now, since I moved to Ireland. The football here is more often than not shite, but it's honest football, the players working their ass off, trying their best, committed to the club and the supporters. It's all about the sport itself. A goal really means something - but certainly not another million on the bank account. Well, I'm probably just a football romanticist.

@shikaka: I my mind it's never been easier to follow teams that are not playing in front of your home door. You don't have a journey to the stadium and don't need to go out into the rain for example. Instead you just open your internet browser, open then one of the thousands of streaming sites and try to find a suitable stream. That's pretty much straightforward and even you follow a team in Iran it's very likely to find a suitable stream within minutes. Sure the quality of the streams is sometimes not the best but for Premier League, La Liga or what ever it's often enought pretty good - and you don't need to pay for it. I follow my home club Hansa Rostock in that way since I moved to Ireland. It couldn't have been easier. Much easier than it was before when I used to live in Rostock myself and had to take a 1h journey to the stadium, had to buy a ticket, and had to drive home after a 0-5 defeat one hour again. Now: I open the stream and close it after the 0-5, take a beer out of the fridge and watch a porn - for example. It has to be said that I still and always would prefer watching even the 0-5 defeat live at the stadium.

Scooterfan
21-05-12, 04:26 PM
I love nothing more than supporting my local club. My dad first took me to a game in 1988 when Wolves played Burnley in the Sherpa Van Trophy Final (now Johnston Paints trophy). The crowd that day was 81,000 with Wolves taking 55,000. What you have to remember in those days Wolves had suffered 3 consecutive relegations to Division 4, and were getting between 5-7,000 in a ramshackle stadium with only the old South Bank terrace open along with the John Ireland stand built miles away from the pitch.

That season Wolves clinched promotion with Steve Bull scoring 52 goals in one season, the following year we also clinched the Third Division (League 1) Title with another 50 goal return from Steve Bull who was actually called up to the England squad and made his debut scoring v Scotland at Hampden (can you imagine England calling up a striker from League 1 now? he was also up against Gary Lineker, Peter Beardsley, Alan Smith, Ian Wright in those days). I went to alot of league games in that season, particularly remember beating Bury 4-0 at Home, and seeing Wolves beat Port Vale 6-1.

Next Season in the only Division 2 I had my first season ticket aged 10, and was hooked. The ground wasn't great but the football was entertaining with plenty of goals, plus I felt priviledged to watch a goal machine like Steve Bull destroy defences week in and week out.

Over the last 20 years I witnessed promotion via the play-offs (amazing day), Wolves winning the Championship and a mass pitch invasion. I've also seen 2 relegations, an FA Cup semi-final defeat because of an incompetant Manager who left Steve Bull and Robbie Keane on the bench for Steve Claridge, I've seen us cheated out of the play-offs by local Bolton celebrity Kevin Lynch, i've witnessed play-off defeats to Crystal Palace and Norwich.

I've sort of grown up used to getting let down and disappointed at the final hurdle in football, but when those good days happen you just appreciate them so much more. Nothing beats a live match, the atmosphere, travelling to old shitty stadiums to watch your team - watching it on a stream as I have on and off during our 3 year stint in the premier league has sort of killed the excitement over the years. I am now though looking forward to the Championship campaign, cheaper tickets, being beaten 1-0 at home by Millwall on a cold October Tuesday night is far more enjoyable than watching your team fucked over by Howard Webb and a dodgy penalty decision to ensure the big boys get the right result.

I can't imagine watching every single game via a stream or sky, there's nothing like being at a live game and having that whole experience.

shikaka
21-05-12, 06:10 PM
It has to be said that I still and always would prefer watching even the 0-5 defeat live at the stadium.

That's the point :) The reason why it is easier (imho) to support a local team.

Even if you can find quality streams easily, and don't get a cold in the rain, watching football on TV just cannot compensate for a beer with the mates on the terrace, some funny lines the old dude over there says during match, singing the anthems with the others...

Ste117
21-05-12, 06:37 PM
My dad took me to a League Cup game against Hull City in 1999, it was weird as I never really had a huge interest in watching a game of football and just read the match programme for the whole game, looking up on a few occasions. My main memory of it was watching Micheal Owen run down the wing with the ball, we won 5-1 too :D My dad and his brothers and sisters all support different teams with 2 of his sisters and one of his brothers supporting Man Utd and one supporting Everton. I have been brought up to support Liverpool, just a shame I have never really gone to the games, which I would like to go sometimes but with ticket prices these days you've got no chance.

I live just outside Liverpool and less than 15 miles from Anfield, my town doesn't have a football team, instead having a rugby league team Widnes Vikings. So I can kinda say Liverpool are my local team. Although I went to watch a Southport game last season and really enjoyed it and can see myself going back quite a few times next season.

robertob
21-05-12, 11:26 PM
Back from Tolka Park. DERBY WIN!!! Drumcondra is Bohs land tonight! Wearing my scarf proudly as I live in Drumcondra, close to the Stadium, Dalymount Park is closer to me, which is already Phibsboro, though. My voice is completely gone. That was an unbelievable game. A real battle. Not a good football game, definitely not, but you won't see players fighting that much anywhere else in the world. Particularly the Bohs players were incredible in terms of passion and commitment. They didn't stop to run, they didn't stop to fight, they really gave all what they had. They got the reward for the effort. The away support was magnificent as well. The Riverside stand exploded after the injury time winner. Seriously, one of the best moments in football I've ever had. And I have seen many football games in many different countries. The passion of the players, the drama of the game, the atmosphere created by the fans... you don't get it much better than that. Oh and you certainly don't get in front of your TV on Sky Sports.^^

Dermotron
22-05-12, 10:30 AM
Great timing given the UCD and Dundalk won also! Tight at the bottom but only a couple of wins outside the Euro spots :lol:

shikaka
22-05-12, 10:39 AM
Back from Tolka Park. DERBY WIN!!! Drumcondra is Bohs land tonight! Wearing my scarf proudly as I live in Drumcondra, close to the Stadium, Dalymount Park is closer to me, which is already Phibsboro, though. My voice is completely gone. That was an unbelievable game. A real battle. Not a good football game, definitely not, but you won't see players fighting that much anywhere else in the world. Particularly the Bohs players were incredible in terms of passion and commitment. They didn't stop to run, they didn't stop to fight, they really gave all what they had. They got the reward for the effort. The away support was magnificent as well. The Riverside stand exploded after the injury time winner. Seriously, one of the best moments in football I've ever had. And I have seen many football games in many different countries. The passion of the players, the drama of the game, the atmosphere created by the fans... you don't get it much better than that. Oh and you certainly don't get in front of your TV on Sky Sports.^^

Which team is it?

robertob
22-05-12, 11:25 AM
Great timing given the UCD and Dundalk won also! Tight at the bottom but only a couple of wins outside the Euro spots :lol:

Couldn't believe the results. Unbelievable. That's the madness of the League of Ireland. Makes it so interesting, though. I'm not so surprised about UCD as they can beat everyone on a good day. They are playing great football. But Dundalk... that's really hard to believe. They are in financial trouble again and the manager is a disgrace. Hard times for Dundalk fans, the win over Pats helps however. They can be thankful that Mark Griffin is back, still not fit enough to start but how important he is was apparent yesterday. Monaghan's draw against Rovers is also a big surprise. Looks not good for Stephen Kenny at the moment. I can see the club running out of patience with him.

@shikaka: The mights Bohs, the full name: Bohemian Football Club Dublin.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/BohemianDublin.png

robertob
23-05-12, 12:01 AM
http://vimeo.com/42648670

Highlights of the Shelbourne - Bohs game. Watch the goal by McMahon in particular. Just awesome! Not so awesome: The replays proving the referee wrong in the two main decisions of the evening. Never a red card for Shels in all fairness, and never a peno against Bohs. Btw, you can't see the Bohs supporters in the video as they are on the stand where the camera was located. But it were about 900 away fans there. So great support, and I can ensure you these 900 lads made some really loud noise.

Dermotron
23-05-12, 10:25 AM
You can see why the ref gave a red though, intent was there even the execution wasn't. plus the angle the ref is at does no favours to the Shels player

robertob
23-05-12, 10:44 AM
Well, for me still no red card. Not in the League of Ireland, where you see some much more cracking and brutal tackles - and the ref don't give a shit about them. McCabe against Drogs last Friday was shocking for example. The ref didn't even consider the challenge as a foul.

ebfatz
24-05-12, 12:12 PM
I've watched about 20 times and still can't see what the peno was given for?!

robertob
25-05-12, 06:40 PM
FAI Cup today live on RTE TWO or via live stream www.rte.ie/live: Bray Wanderers v Shelbourne FC, kick-off 19:05...

Topofthekop
28-05-12, 05:28 PM
Another match fixing scandal hits Italy just before Euro 2012... Names on the list being investigated include LB Domenico Criscito, Juve Manager Antonio Conte, Lazio captain Stefano Mauri !!!

shikaka
29-05-12, 05:39 PM
Another match fixing scandal hits Italy just before Euro 2012... Names on the list being investigated include LB Domenico Criscito, Juve Manager Antonio Conte, Lazio captain Stefano Mauri !!!

Nothing special, Moggi said when he was banned from football: "was the system rotten only because of Moggi, and will it be different without me?"

Also, the calciopoli, when Juve was relegated was not 'match fixing' scandal.

nirvana
29-08-12, 09:41 PM
Madrid, Barca just kicked off in the second leg of the Spanish super cup. So much quality on show!

I really can't see where modric fits into that Madrid side. Infact I wouldn't have him in my first XI.

info0
29-08-12, 10:28 PM
He was signed to fit alongside Alonso (where Khedira usually plays) or he will be swapping with Ozil. We shall see :).

Great show and emotions at hand! :D

nirvana
29-08-12, 10:35 PM
Can't see Mourinho playing without an out and out ball winner. Ozil's arguably one of the beset players in the world outside of the top four (Ronaldo, Messi, Xavi, iniesta). Modric just doesn't come close to him.

That goal from Ronaldo was insane!

churky
30-08-12, 09:39 AM
I think Modrić is tactically a very good signing. His game is different than Khedira's or Ozil's so he adds something new rather than pile on the same stuff. Pretty much the reason Kaka failed at RM; there are players who offer as much as him, but are quicker and more hard-working.

info0
30-08-12, 10:23 AM
Modric could've had the best debut ever. Almost scored a goal xD.

Btw Modric signed for RM on Monday and lifted his first trophy on Wed :D.

ebfatz
30-08-12, 11:25 AM
He's won more in 10 minutes than his whole time at Spurs!

:lol:

Coys
30-08-12, 01:05 PM
:rofl:

oh wait that wasn't that funny

nirvana
30-08-12, 01:06 PM
Same thing happened with Fabregas. It's only natural when you move to a big club, that you'll start winning trophies.

Pacino
30-08-12, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdL2ZlgG64&feature=player_embedded

This little time which Modric get in game is enough to see that Modric would surely find his place in RM, respect to Alonso, Khedira, Ozil but Modric is very close to them if not even better than some of them he would be in next months i believe :)

Janis89
31-08-12, 05:40 PM
Looking forward to seein Modric more at RM , he will be an amazing squad player , maybe even take claim of a spot in first X1.

Was looking mighty fresh uptop the few mins he played , always available to pass to him.

Will be fun to follow his development at Real :)

Dermotron
01-09-12, 09:30 PM
Pazzini hatrick and mandatory de Jong debut booking, Milan might come good yet

BeezerCeltic1967
01-09-12, 09:38 PM
who was the 17 year old sub that came on derms?
i just caught bits and pieces of that game. said he came from caen.

Dermotron
01-09-12, 09:41 PM
M'Baye Niang, bought him last week, meant to be the business

BeezerCeltic1967
01-09-12, 09:42 PM
ah.
heard of him :ok:

who signed him? milan? i just heard the commentator saying that a 17 year old sub had came on then i had to see to a crying baby!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :lol:

ebfatz
02-09-12, 11:04 PM
http://www.goal.com/en/news/722/la-liga/2012/09/02/3349734/i-didnt-celebrate-because-im-unhappy-cristiano-ronaldo-drops?source=breakingnews

Patinoz
03-09-12, 12:08 PM
this almost made me cry.

Dermotron
04-09-12, 11:39 AM
No wonder Eto'o went to Anzhi :shocked:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/marcaronaldo.jpg

And why Ronaldo is sad . . . .

Patinoz
04-09-12, 11:43 AM
eto'o on almost 400k a week :lol:

i'd live in russia for a while too if i get that kind of money

Dermotron
24-09-12, 06:02 PM
Just seen Raul's 1st goals for Al Sadd, celebrated the 2nd goal like it was the 1st he'd ever scored. Unbelievable passion for the sport.

Patinoz
23-12-12, 11:05 AM
Real lost yet another game, 3:2 against Malaga.

Barca now 16 points ahead. Mou actually benched Casillas for whatever reason.

No idea how he hasnt been sacked yet.

Dermotron
23-12-12, 07:58 PM
Everything hinges on his CL campaign I guess. Probably think they'll have more chance of winning by keeping him. He has Fergie's number tactically for sure but another bad result or two before then and I don't think it will be enough to be keep him in a job.

Alan
23-12-12, 08:07 PM
It seems quite clear that he will be on his way in the summer. Real Madrid could sack him and be forced into paying him off, but with no obvious replacement available at present there isn't much point in that.

Yesterday's game was interesting. Madrid were generally the better side but couldn't control Joaquín. No particular mistakes from Adan and I don't think his presence made much difference. Dropping Casillas was, in my opinion, a statement from Mourinho that while he is in the chair he makes the calls. Just a middle finger to the board which isn't unusual for him.

Redknapp69
07-01-13, 01:40 AM
Mourinho still not playing Casillas then!

Although might have to as his replacement sent off after 5 mins this weekend!

Dr.Football1
08-01-13, 12:38 AM
I invite You to visit my new site about young, talented football players :)

http://footballtalentscout.wordpress.com/

ebfatz
22-01-13, 01:28 AM
Olympiakos manager sacked after 17 matches (14W + 3D) because he was caught banging the Chairman's wife! LOL

League leading Olympiakos have announced the termination of their contract with Portuguese manager Leonardo Jardim, in spite of not having lost a single game in the Greek Super League this season.
Their current record stands as follows: Played: 17 Won:14 Drawn:3.

This has come as a shock to fans and the footballing world alike, just as the sacking of Nigel Adkins at Southampton did, or maybe even more so. Jardim had also guided Olympiakos into the Europa League after narrowly missing out on Champions League progress, finishing just 1 point behind Arsenal in the group stages.

Dermotron
30-01-13, 12:48 PM
The Drogba to Galatasary deal is turning into a bit of a shambles. He's signed a deal even though his club didn't give permission, how can he play if Shenhua still hold his registration? Apparently you can apply for a loan through FIFA but that was turned down also. Strange!

Dermotron
03-02-13, 11:58 PM
Balotelli's debut, scores the opener in the 1st half and follows it up with a winner in injury time from the spot

churky
05-02-13, 04:08 PM
Interesting article about Barcelona youth... http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/youth/how-to-know-if-a-youth-player-will-go-all-the-way/

Patinoz
05-02-13, 04:17 PM
excellent stuff. the hype surrounding young players with 2 good games is unreal. i hate reading articles and they all tell you why some random kid will be the next superstar or better off, people being straight out dubbed the next messi and the next fuck knows what. and there are enough people out there who believe all that as well.

Blue Demon
25-02-13, 07:17 AM
Heerenveen - Twente 2 - 1 :D

Ajax - ADO 1 - 1 :D :D

Feyenoord - PSV 2 - 1 :D :D :D

Dermotron
26-02-13, 05:37 PM
Stats before the 5th El Clasico of the season

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/318288_10151602899559305_1321927964_n.jpg

Patinoz
26-02-13, 05:39 PM
those 116 shots more a probably CR7's 35-yard free kicks...

Patinoz
03-03-13, 01:19 AM
The Ligue 1 match between Bastia and Ajaccio seemed to be quite an eventful one

In total 5 players got sent off, 3 of them with a straight red card. 4 sending-offs came in added time sparked by a bad foul from Oliech on goalkeeper Landreau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arXdUg-EF14

Dermotron
07-03-13, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6G-75ljWk3A

Patinoz
08-03-13, 11:29 PM
Very very nasty tackle. Banned for 11 games now. All the best to the other dude.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2290320/Nices-Valentin-Eysseric-banned-11-matches-leg-breaking-challenge-VIDEO.html

info0
08-03-13, 11:35 PM
Nasty indeed. I wonder if he wanted to hurt the other guy deliberately now or was it mistimed tackle... And very unlucky outcome...

Dermotron
21-03-13, 02:36 PM
Zlatan Ibrahimovic. You either love him or loathe him. Mercurial, Genius, Arrogant, Flop, Superstar, Egomaniac..all of the above! One thing that's guaranteed though is that Ireland will have to keep him quiet on Friday night if we are to leave Stockholm with a decent result. And staying quiet is something Zlatan doesn't do! Here are some of the Swedish strikers best comments over the years.

1) In response to Arsene Wenger asking him to attend a trial for Arsenal

“Zlatan doesn’t do auditions.”

2) On Liverpool defender Stephane Henchoz's man marking skills

"First I went left, he did too. Then I went right, and he did too. Then I went left again, and he went to buy a hot dog."

3) When asked who he thought was the best looking woman in the world.

"I haven't met her yet, but when I do, I will date her."

4) When asked what he got his wife for her birthday

“”Nothing, she already has Zlatan.”

5) On reports of ‘excessive behavior’ following Juventus’ 2005 title win:

“It was the fault of David Trezeguet, who made me do one drink of vodka after another. I slept in the bathtub. Now I hold my vodka much better.”

6) His man love for Jose Mourinho:

"Jose Mourinho is a big star…He’s cool. The first time he met [my wife] he whispered to her: ‘Helena, you have only one mission. Feed Zlatan, let him sleep, keep him happy!’ The guy says what he wants. I like him.

7) On defying Guardiola:

"At Barca, players were banned from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous – it was no one’s business what car I drive – so in April, before a match with Almeria, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene".

“(Guardiola) was staring at me and I lost it. I thought ‘there is my enemy, scratching his bald head!’. I yelled to him: ‘You have no balls!’ and probably worse things than that.

8) A female reporter joked that Zlatan was gay after a photo emerged of him hugging Pique.

He replied – “Come to my house and you’ll see if I’m gay. And bring your sister.”

9) After Sweden's elimination from Euro 2012, he said this regarding who would win the competition

"I don't give a s*** who wins. I'm going on a holiday"

10) After completing his much discussed transfer to Paris Saint-Germain, Ibra discussed where he would live in Paris in typical Zlatan fashion.

“We are looking for an apartment (in Paris). If we don't find anything, then I'll probably just buy the hotel."

During his unveiling for PSG, Zlatan admitted his knowledge of Ligue 1 was not very good, but reassured us that everyone else knew who he was:

"It's true I don't know that much about Ligue 1, but Ligue 1 knows who I am."

Fods
21-03-13, 10:59 PM
:hail:

Pacino
21-03-13, 11:22 PM
Balkan mentality :D

Redknapp69
22-03-13, 01:43 AM
I'd like to have a beer with him!

info0
22-03-13, 06:30 AM
I love how he replies in 3rd person xD.

Plus I can recommend his book. Sometimes it's just hilarious :lol:.

Patinoz
22-03-13, 10:59 AM
I'd like to have a beer with him!

he'd make you pay his too.

Dermotron
08-04-13, 02:27 PM
AC Milan are set to fine Mario Balotelli after the striker was caught smoking in a train toilet on Saturday.

The striker has been hitting the headlines for all the right reasons since moving from Manchester City at the end of January and has scored seven goals in as many Serie A games.

However, reports in Italy said the club were ready to crack down on the 22-year-old after a conductor caught him smoking on a train to Florence over the weekend, as Balotelli was travelling with team-mates for Sunday's Serie A clash with Fiorentina.

Smoking on trains is prohibited by Italian law.

The Italy international was regularly snapped by photographers with a cigarette in hand during his two-and-a-half year spell with City.

info0
08-04-13, 04:39 PM
He may have all the talent to play football in this World, but his mentality is that of 6 years old child.

Total idiot... ;)

Patinoz
08-04-13, 04:40 PM
you'd love him and find everything he does cool and funny xD xD if he was playing for your team ;)

Patinoz
12-04-13, 03:09 PM
great article about Mou and a random Mexican.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20130410/real-madrid-fan-jose-mourinho/

ebfatz
18-04-13, 09:03 AM
http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/48216151533/reports-coach-fired-after-stealing-credit-card-to-buy

Dermotron
18-04-13, 05:07 PM
Was waiting for the page to load the end of the url was ' . . . -stealing-credit-card-to-buy', was no expecting that :D

Patinoz
24-04-13, 01:53 PM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/ousmane-drame-lecce-got-a-hooker-to-agree-to-sex-for-an-iphone-5-steals-her-purse-gets-caught-by-a-transvestite/

Dermotron
29-04-13, 10:17 AM
Hmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=te33PnBrmV8

Fods
29-04-13, 10:30 AM
Even the opposition put their heads in their hands :lol:

Patinoz
03-05-13, 04:23 PM
Jose Mourinho's time at Real Madrid hasn't come to an end. He has five Liga matches to go, plus the Copa del Rey final this season. And, while right now it looks about as likely as Roman Abramovich mooring his yacht in the Grand Canyon, there is still a chance -- however tiny -- that the four-year contract he signed on May 22 of last year will be honored.

But let's put that to one side right now. Real Madrid's comeback attempt against Borussia Dortmund fell short Tuesday night, and the club's hunt for La Decima will need to be postponed. It's a natural point in time to take stock of Mourinho's three seasons at the Bernabeu.

If your main metric in judging success is results, the ultimate judgment has to be negative.

Three straight Champions League semifinals represents Real Madrid's best run of performances in the game's premier club competition since 2000 to 2003, when they twice reached the semis and once won it all.

Barring a sudden domestic collapse in La Liga by Barcelona (or one by Real Madrid themselves, which would see them slip to third) Mourinho's side will finish second for the second time in three seasons. Sandwiched between those two runner-up places was his Liga masterpiece: the 2011-12 campaign, when Real set a whole gaggle of records, from points gained to games won to goals scored to highest goal difference.

Mourinho won one Copa del Rey, was knocked out of another in the quarterfinals, and the third, well, we'll know in two-and-a-half weeks.

Then again, raw results tell you only so much.

On his way to those Champions League semifinals, his Real Madrid side eliminated Lyon, Tottenham Hotspur, CSKA Moscow, APOEL Nicosia, Manchester United and Galatasaray. Except for United (and that was in a game marked by controversy), it's hardly the cream of the European crop. When faced with quality semifinal opponents -- Barcelona, Bayern and now Borussia Dortmund -- his team fell. It was close -- very close last year -- but they still fell.

Even the Liga achievements can be read several ways. In his first year, Mourinho and Real Madrid won 92 points, which was actually four fewer than the guy he replaced, Manuel Pellegrini, who had to make do without Cristiano Ronaldo for nearly two months of the season. And this year they're on pace to finish with 85 points, which is 13 fewer than Barcelona's projected total.

For an average manager, those aren't horrible results. But Mourinho isn't Joe tracksuit-and-clipboard (or, these days, sponsored fleece-and-iPad). He is the highest-paid coach in a major European league. Real Madrid paid more than $16 million in compensation just to free him from his Inter Milan contract. They expected him to be a difference-maker.

And he hasn't been.

You can't argue that he hasn't had the tools. Since 2009 -- a year before his arrival, but that's when the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso came aboard -- Real Madrid has spent some $578 million on transfer fees. Compare it to Europe's other big spenders. Manchester City clocks in at $639.2 million, the others are all behind: Chelsea ($492 million), Barcelona ($366 million) and Manchester United ($250 million).

Maybe you think net spending is a more accurate gauge. City are, again, tops with $445 million, followed by Real Madrid ($395 million), Chelsea ($390 million), Barcelona ($201 million) and United ($47.8 million). Note also that once former Real general manager Jorge Valdano was forced out in the summer of 2011, Mourinho had virtually complete control of the club and their transfers.

Sure, he was up against Barcelona, one of the finest teams in history. And, yes, if Bayern and Real Madrid traded places and he got to play in the Bundesliga the past three seasons, maybe he would have won more. But that doesn't change the fact that the club invested all this money -- both in him and in resources -- precisely because they thought he could bring his results.

If you're going to judge him on somewhat more subjective parameters -- Did his team play well? Did he add to the Real Madrid brand? -- the verdict isn't going to be much better.

Mourinho is not some kind of esoteric master tactician. That's not a criticism. Some great managers are, some equally great ones are not.

There are two sides to tactics: having ideas and getting your guys to execute them well. He has never been a revolutionary when it comes to tactics, which is fine, as long as you get your team to perform whatever game plan you lay out. The problem is that for most of his tenure Real Madrid never really went beyond being, fundamentally, a counterattacking team that reacted to what the opposition did, rather than one capable of imposing its strategy on a game.

When Real went behind, coming back into the game often became a real struggle. You often felt the front four were isolated from the back six; Luka Modric was signed, in part, to solve this problem, but Mourinho evidently did not buy into the notion or figured he wasn't ready to sacrifice Sami Khedira or Xabi Alonso or go 4-3-3. Apart from certain spells over the three-year tenure -- like spring of last year -- he failed to give the team a coherent way of playing when in possession, one that went beyond the counterattack or leaving it to the individuals. Again, the bulk of Mourinho's starters have been in place since he arrived. If, after nearly three years, your players still look disjointed when you have the ball, you've come up short as a coach.

Whether he added to the Real Madrid brand sounds like one of those horrible questions that marketing types might discuss. But it's relevant. Club president Florentino Perez's original Galacticos were all predicated upon playing a certain way, acting a certain way, being the global equivalent of -- his comparison, not mine -- the Harlem Globetrotters: better than everyone, yet loved by everyone.

Under Mourinho, things went from bad to worse very quickly. And he paid a price for a massive early miscalculation. He thought that ratcheting up the tension between Real and Barcelona would unify his team and yield results. He believed that the siege mentality would see him through, just as it had in the past.

Rarely has such a choice boomeranged so badly. The rant about UNICEF and UEFA after his first season got him nowhere. The ill-tempered Spanish Super Cup in his second year -- the one where he decided to go and poke Tito Vilanova in the eye and then walk away as if nothing had happened -- made him appear unhinged. (Quick detour: Luis Suarez got a 10-game ban for biting an opponent. Mourinho got nothing for the poke.) Ultimately, far from coalescing the squad into a unit, it precipitated a split in his team, with several of his own influential veterans openly wondering: Why wasn't it enough to merely try to beat Barcelona? Why did they have to hate them, as well?

The siege mentality works when you can think of yourself as a victim or an underdog. It's a staple for coaches everywhere, right down to Little League. “Gentlemen, it's us against the world ... how bad do you want it?” That approach may have worked at Inter, where the club saw themselves as outsiders to the Milan-Juventus hegemony, and at Chelsea, where they were the nouveau riche upstarts upsetting the social order. But this was Spain, and Real Madrid -- more than any other club -- represent the Establishment. Trying to recast Real as some kind of persecuted underdog simply didn't play. Many Real fans saw it as humiliating. Supporters of other clubs, particularly those that did have legitimate gripes, saw it as a joke.

(It's not a coincidence that Mourinho enjoys his strongest support among Real's “Ultras Sur.” They're a subset of the fan base who legitimately do consider themselves outsiders battling “the system.” Mourinho naturally resonates with them.)

Mourinho realized this during his second season, which is why his behavior changed. Less aggression, less picking fights, less moaning. But by that point, the horse had bolted. The damage had been done.

Too often we think of managers as fixed in time. Sir Alex is like THIS. Pep Guardiola is like THAT. The fact is that they're human too and they grow and evolve over time. They make mistakes, they learn from them, they realize what worked before might no longer work, and they change.

Mourinho is no different. The fact that he hasn't been able to impose a coherent tactical identity and playing style on Real Madrid doesn't mean he can't do it. He did it at Inter Milan in his second season. He did at Chelsea in his first two campaigns, before he became over-reliant on Didier Drogba. And his Porto teams -- especially his 2002-03 side -- were a joy to watch, flexibly switching between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2, with a tactical sophistication and an ability to create that some of his more recent sides lacked.

He may not admit it, and he may wheel out the long list of excuses to explain what, ultimately, was a failed three seasons at Real Madrid.

And if he doesn't do it, no doubt some of his acolytes will: The media hated him, Valdano's supporters hated him, Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos disrupted the team, everyone favored Barcelona, he didn't have enough control, he got stuck with Kaka (whom he had no use for), UNICEF, UEFA, the Scandinavian referees' syndicate, etc.

But deep down, having had the opportunity to spend a bit of time with him a few years ago, I'm pretty sure he'll be examining exactly what went wrong. Great managers are often their own harshest critics, at least in private. If he can learn from his experience, if he can rediscover the tactical acumen he showed in years past as well as the ability to get his players to buy into it, he'll be back stronger than before.

Patinoz
03-05-13, 09:04 PM
http://media1.sulia.com/static/user_images/96/2013-05-03/0cf4de7b-ee3f-4e7d-b127-9e1190b13f57

Patinoz
05-05-13, 03:33 PM
Miro Klose has scored 5 goals today in Lazio's win against Bologna.

He was subbed out in the 68th minute....

Patinoz
05-05-13, 03:53 PM
Daley Blind dropping the Eredivise title, Sergio Ramos would be proud.

http://www.record.xl.pt/multimedia/videos/interior.aspx?content_id=819880 (http://www.record.xl.pt/multimedia/videos/interior.aspx?content_id=819880)

Patinoz
07-05-13, 09:05 AM
St. Patricks giving a 92nd minute penalty for a handball in the box. Problem is that it was their own player handling the ball...

The refs seems to have had a few Euro on a Pat's win.

http://backpagefootball.com/pats-given-helping-hand-for-late-winner-against-drogs/57750/

Fods
07-05-13, 09:49 AM
Marseille loanee Joey Barton has been given a two-match suspended ban for calling Paris St-Germain defender Thiago Silva an "overweight ladyboy".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22427635

ozRooster
14-05-13, 02:14 PM
Took this from another site, thought it might interest some of you guys here.

Explaining the Falcao move to Monaco.

You have probably all already seen that Falcao is destined for Monaco. There were a lot of rumors about a potential move to Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and others - so why does he end up moving to Monaco?
The answer is because of the complicated third-party ownership involved with Falcao. There was a very similar situation with Hulk when he moved to Zenit.
To explain this, we need to take a step back and first see how third party ownership works. Those in England would have previously seen this topic as it reached prominence when Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano signed for West Ham United. Here were two stars from Argentina signing for a club in London who were struggling to stay in the top flight. The controversy lead to West Ham paying compensation of £18M to Sheffield United, and lead the FA to ban third party ownership.
But third party ownership is still alive and well on the continent. It is most often applied with South American stars making the jump across the Atlantic to Europe. The way it works is that investment groups will purchase the registration rights of an upcoming player. This is sometimes done while the player is at a club, and sometimes as part of a transfer.
For eg. one scenario would be that a 16 year old star in South America would be approached by an agent and asked if he wants backing with marketing and making it big in Europe. These deals usually involve paying the player a better salary, hooking him up with a better agent, better management, sponsorship deals etc. If and when the player agrees, the third party owners will then go to the club he is registered to and negotiate to buy his registration rights - either all of or part of.
The player is then in the hands of the management and third party ownership group, who manage every aspect of his career from that point on. That usually involves paying him a larger salary on top of his club salary, placing him in clubs where he will get more exposure, etc.
The other way third-party ownership happens is that the investment group finances a transfer for a player. For eg. Porto want to sign a player from Brasil but don't have the funds, they would approach an investment group and have them stake 50-60% of the deal in return for the players registration rights.
The investment group make all of this upfront investment with the hope that at some point in the future the player proves himself, becomes a star, and can then exit at a very large valuation.
Some examples: Tevez and Mascherano were placed into West Ham by their investment group as a way of getting them more exposure. It worked out well in both cases as Liverpool purchased Mascherano (buying out the investment group and giving them a good return) and City eventually ended up buying out Tevez - albeit via Manchester United (who never owned the entirety of his transfer rights).
Back to Falcao. He was purchased by a third-party ownership group as part of his transfer to Porto. They bought 55% (likely more) of his transfer rights, supplemented his salary while he was paying at Porto and then moved him to Atletico for the purpose of getting him more exposure (likely with an eye on moving him eventually to Real Madrid). During the time Falcao was there, the investors were supplementing his wages again (infact paying most of them) and working on negotiating his big move which would see them cash out.
Porto's financials show the following for the Falcao transfer:
sale of 60% of the economic rights of the player Bolatti to the entity Natland Financieringsmaatschappij B.V., on July 2009, by the amount of, approximately, 1,500,000 Euro, (transaction perform under the acquisition process of 40% of the registration of Falcao)
There is another section where it is disclosed that they sold another 5% option in Falcao, and another section where it is disclosed that there is an option for a third party to purchase a further 10%.
The same filing shows that Porto only owned 45% of Hulk.
What is more interesting is who is involved in the Falcao ownership. The group is called Doyen Sports and it was founded by Jorge Mendes (most famous as Ronaldo's agent, but an infamous player agent who is involved in a lot of third-party deals) and Peter Kenyon (former Chelsea chairman).
On their website they have a page for Falcao and you can also see the other players listed. Falcao, like Hulk, ended up in a situation where there was so much invested in him that it would take a lot of money for the investors to see a return (known as being highly leveraged). They were paying his salary for a few seasons, had floated Atleti some money to keep them alive (they got some shirt sponsorship in return) and had made the initial investment when he first transferred.
Falcao ends up moving to Atletico in a 40M move - despite Atleti the previous season stating that they had to clear players out because of their 220M euro tax bill with the Spanish government. What this ended up being is a 20 + 20M deal. 20M never gets paid because its just the third-party owners paying themselves, and of the other 20M only 18M is owed by Atleti, who take an option of paying in two 9M installments (they were late on the first one, they only paid 2.5M and defaulted to the point of Porto threatening to sue and taking the issue up with FIFA). End situation is that around 60% of the rights are with the Doylen group. It also appears that while Falcao was at Atletico that Doylen took an option for a larger stake in him since Atleti were late on their payments. Something weird happen which involved Doylen taking a sponsorship. Either way, they had the majority stake and Atletico had no say or control of the player. For all purposes it was nothing more than a loan with Atletico having a small stake in his registration rights.
The president of Atletico Madrid continuously insisted that they own all the rights to Falcao, but this simply isn't true.
Falcao is on a wage of 10M euro per year, and the return the investors wanted is 60M euro in transfer fee. This narrows down the list of potential clubs that can buy you out to very few. Atletico had no say in where Falcao goes, they had an option in the winter transfer window, but that expired. The owners needed their return and they were going to get it one way or the other.
The list can be narrowed down to PSG, Monaco, Real Madrid, Chelsea and City. City aren't making large investments any longer, PSG have their fix of strikers. Of the remaining three, it is apparent that Real Madrid didn't want to pay up the 60M + 50M in contracts for Falcao (for whatever reason). Apparently Chelsea matched the 60M clause but to pay Falcao the 10M per season in wages would involve a total gross salary of 300k+ per week, which just isn't manageable.
Chelsea also have the issue of not being allowed to directly purchase a player from a third-party owner (apparently this is what turned ManU off a move) so it would have required a two-step sale with Falcao going to one club outright and then to Chelsea. Apparently with the David Luiz transfer on the same day he moved to Chelsea Benfica bought out the entirety of his rights from third-party owners (so you can summize that Chelsea gave them the money to buy out that deal so that they could purchase 100% of Luiz directly from Benfica, thus avoiding the third-party rule in England).
With all of these factors you end up with only one target: Monaco. They have the 60M to pay out the investors, they have the funds to pay his wages of 10M per year and better yet they have no income tax so they don't have to supplement the gross.
So in the end Falcao is moved around Europe by his investors with the only goal of making a return for them. He has little to no say in his final destination because of a deal he agreed to years ago while he was still in South America.

Patinoz
14-05-13, 03:30 PM
Read it on SM too. Don't fully believe it though.

If he actually moves to Monaco, I won't have any respect for Falcao. I mean, come on, you are supposedly a great striker and you move from Porto to Atletico Madrid to Monaco. That is terrible ambition and moving to Monaco for tax reason shows little ambition

ebfatz
17-05-13, 10:07 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/942255_10200944369032943_2067820439_n.jpg

Patinoz
18-05-13, 04:47 PM
EMBARRASSING ! A fan invades and runs to hug Drogba during Galatasaray training, accidentally slips and Injures him.

http://geniusfootball.lockerdome.com/media/107765795 (http://geniusfootball.lockerdome.com/media/107765795)

Haha, merk was that you? :lol:

Fods
19-05-13, 02:59 AM
Security guard kicking the fuck out of him while hes on the floor

Janis89
19-05-13, 11:54 AM
Security guard kicking the fuck out of him while hes on the floor

That`s my favourite part :lol:

Patinoz
19-05-13, 02:24 PM
Monaco (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/monaco) have launched legal proceedings against the French football authorities after rival clubs threatened to refuse the Ligue 2 champions admission to the country's top flight next season.

Having won promotion from the second tier last week, Monaco, in whom the Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev took a majority stake in December 2011, may be prevented from taking their place in Ligue 1 (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/ligue1football)after rejecting other clubs' attempts to force them to pay tax.

Monaco have been playing in the French league for nearly a century, during which time the advantages gained from the principality's status as a tax haven have irritated other clubs, but never before has that led to such a confrontation. The cost cuts and tax hikes that French clubs now face seem to have intensified their ill-feeling towards Monaco, who have far greater purchasing power than anyone else in the league other than the Qatari-backed Paris Saint-Germain. Monaco have been linked with a string of top players, including Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and Atlético Madrid's Radamel Falcao, as well as the former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini, all of whom would earn tax-free salaries.

In March the Ligue Professionelle de Football (LFP) voted to exclude Monaco unless the club moved its head offices to France to register with the country's fiscal authorities, an ultimatum that drew a furious reaction from Monaco.

The French Football Federation stepped in to mediate and eventually proposed that Monaco pay ¤200m (£170m) to be allowed to continue in the league, a supposed compromise that angered the club even further. It demanded that the FFF overturn the LFP's decision but the federation declined to do so and on Friday Monaco announced it "had no option" but to take the matter to France's council of state, the country's supreme court, claiming the LFP position "violates several fundamental principles of French and European law".

In a statement Monaco said: "The club intends to show that the decision of the LFP imposed on AS Monaco, forcing it to move its headquarters to France, violates several fundamental principles of French and European law, notably the principle of free movement, free competition, free access to sporting competitions, and also the Franco-Monégasque tax convention signed on the 18 February 1963."

The Uefa president, Michel Platini, an advocate of financial fair play, expressed surprise at the abrupt militancy of the French clubs. "I find it a little difficult to understand," Platini said after Wednesday's Europa League final. "It's as if French football always liked Monaco so long as they didn't win."

colml
19-05-13, 11:16 PM
Porto win the league without losing for the whole season.

Definitely wibwobbed :lol:

Redknapp69
20-05-13, 12:34 AM
Paris Saint-Germain have rejected a request from manager Carlo Ancelotti to leave the club in order to join Real Madrid.

Ancelotti had a meeting to discuss his future with club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and sporting director Leonardo on Sunday.

"Yes, we had discussions, he asked to depart for Real Madrid," Al Khelaifi told beinsport.fr.

"I said it is not possible because he has a contract for one year more, so that is our decision.

"It is his problem, it is not our problem. We have offered him another year more on his contract as well as the one he has. When you have a contract, everyone is normally obliged to honour that."

Ancelotti confirmed: "My wish is to leave the club. I have asked the club to leave. We are going to wait for a response from the club who are going to take a few days to decide."

Earlier this week, Al-Khelaifi said he rebuffed an approach from Madrid's sporting director for Ancelotti.

Ancelotti steered PSG to their first French league title since 1994 last week and Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is expected to leave at the end of the season.

ClayDatsusara
20-05-13, 12:40 AM
"wibwobed" ...

Porto started last season match with this "penalty" and subsequent red card for the Paços de Ferreira (3rd in the table!) central defender...

https://i.minus.com/iRLNHxuKh4TGV.gif

last week it was an overtime goal against Benfica to give them the lead in the table. The game started again because there was another two minutes to be played, Porto players imediately made a foul in the midfield to prevent the ball from progressing. When Benfica gk kicked the ball to Porto's red-shirt crowded penalty area, the ref decided to end the game when the bal was mid-air!

Benfica made a hell of a season, only one defeat in the league, in Porto, fluky overtime goal, as described above, another overtime goal in the EL final against Chelsea, and in the League cup we lost in the pens against eventual winners Braga in the semis. The FA Cup final is next sunday against Vitoria Guimares and if we win it, it will look like a consolation prize...

Nevertheless, sad as last minute defeats can be, we take pride in the form the team showed, and if Jorge Jesus stays, next season can be double or nothing! Although CL final is at Estadio da Luz, I expect all bets to be in the League title recovery. It will be hard, maybe harder than reaching the CL final... because it is a common known fact that Porto has certain persons in certain places... and the only reason their president not being in jail and the club not being relegated like Boavista is the national courts of justice not accepting the phone conversations between Porto's president and referees that the police has recorded and that leaked to all media and youtube...

That's portuguese football to you...

Still, I can't ignore my heart...

Carrega Benfica!

Patinoz
20-05-13, 12:48 AM
That sounds a lot like sour grapes to me Clay ;)

Bottom line is that you were 2 points up and superior goal difference with 2 games to go and all you needed to do was not lose against Porto. You did though so you only finished 2nd. Nobody to blame but yourself. You lost 2 titles within a week by conceding in add time, no ref or fa is at fault for that.

Patinoz
20-05-13, 01:05 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/772287372.gif?1368999517

Alex Song thought Puyol wanted him to lift up the La Liga trophy :lol:

ClayDatsusara
20-05-13, 01:27 AM
That sounds a lot like sour grapes to me Clay ;)

you're right buddy... You know how hard it feels to see your team lose it all in the end after a fantastic season...

Well, There's always room to improve and let's hope we take example in Bayern's success story and redemption from one season to another!

Patinoz
20-05-13, 01:43 AM
you're right buddy... You know how hard it feels to see your team lose it all in the end after a fantastic season...

Well, There's always room to improve and let's hope we take example in Bayern's success story and redemption from one season to another!

I saw a lot of good things when you played in the EL this year. Cardoza seems a real good striker and you seem to be a good passing side. However, you fuck around too much in the final third. You dominated Chelsea in the first half but didn't score. Unfortunately they made you pay for it.

You got CL secured almost every season so are financially secure too. Maybe holding onto your best players a bit longer would be a good idea. But then again, Porto got the same problem.

ClayDatsusara
20-05-13, 06:14 PM
Maybe holding onto your best players a bit longer would be a good idea. But then again, Porto got the same problem.

That's impossible mate, most of the good players that land on the Portuguese league nowadays are not even owned by Benfica or Porto, they are just loaned by some investment fund that even pays the high wages in some cases!

Moneywise, we cant even compete with France, Russia, Turkey or Ukraine, even though our UEFA co-eff puts us above all those, in 5th place, and in two years we can reach 4th place taking over Italy!

http://imageshack.us/a/img841/8022/v121039.jpg

Porto, Sporting and Braga have done some good european campaigns in the last years, but Benfica, in the last 3 seasons, has colected enough points to reach the 5th Place in the UEFA club ranking in the next two years, only behind Real, Barça, Bayern and Chelsea!

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/5157/v121038.jpg

Patinoz
20-05-13, 07:44 PM
In the light of Mou leaving a bit dated video of him talking about Balotelli. Hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Dy3I8QzpvfU

Dermotron
27-05-13, 01:59 PM
Weapons seized from 'fans' before the Roma Vs. Lazio final last night

http://www.joe.ie/uploads/s/38/268/Rome%20weapons1.jpg
http://www.joe.ie/uploads/s/38/268/Rome%20weapons2.jpg

Fods
28-05-13, 09:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cRk4m2B6Vas

Redknapp69
29-05-13, 12:51 AM
Monaco going bonkers then signing spree

James Rodriguez and Moutinho gone and now Carvalho with Falcao soon

Patinoz
29-05-13, 10:52 AM
such low ambition from those players. going to a team that doesn't even know yet if it is going to be allowed in ligue 1 next season

Patinoz
29-05-13, 03:59 PM
Real Madrid will probably buy back Daniel Carvajal. Shame :(

Redknapp69
30-05-13, 02:47 AM
such low ambition from those players. going to a team that doesn't even know yet if it is going to be allowed in ligue 1 next season

Were they 3rd party owned as well? Makes sense if they were

Dermotron
30-05-13, 05:57 PM
Eh, ok Mutu

Adrian Mutu wants to adopt the baby rescued from a sewer pipe in China

In what is perhaps the most bizarre football story of the year, former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu has stated his desire to adopt the baby that was rescued from a sewer pipe in China this week.

In what one of the most horrific cases of neglect and cruelty you will ever come across, a newborn baby was discovered in a sewage pipe in China earlier this week having been flushed down the toilet in a residential building in Jinhua.

The story and quite graphic footage of the baby’s rescue soon spread around the world and while it had a profound impact on anyone who saw the footage or heard about what had happened, former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu was so moved that he has publicly stated his desire to adopt the baby.

Speaking on Romanian TV station PRO TV, Mutu, who is now playing for AC Ajaccio, said: "I intend to adopt this baby."

"I couldn't figure out how to carry on living, how to eat my breakfast when I saw this story on TV. He's a special child. When I saw the baby I said 'I must adopt him, he has been sent to me by God.'

"Just look at this poor little fellow. He made such a strong impression on me. I told my wife we have to help him, we have to do everything we can.

"I never thought I would adopt adopt a baby, I had no plan concerning that, but I just know: I have to help this one."

According to a report in The Guardian, Mutu and his wife are willing to adopt the baby if they can legally agree to do so, although Romania is not currently on the list of 17 countries whose citizens can adopt from China.

What will become of Mutu’s plans to adopt the baby remain to be seen but it wouldn’t be the first time he has been in the news for matters relating to his off-field affairs.

Mutu was released by Chelsea in 2004 after a drug test revealed that he had taken cocaine and he was banned for seven months and eventually ordered to pay Chelsea approximately €17 million in damages.

In 2010 while playing for Fiorentina, Mutu failed a doping test and was banned for six months while he was once dropped from the Romanian squad for drinking in a bar on the same night Romania were playing a friendly against San Marino.

As a nation we donated millions to Romania in the 90's for the orphanage's, I'm sure there are plenty still there too.

ClayDatsusara
31-05-13, 08:39 PM
As a nation we donated millions to Romania in the 90's for the orphanage's, I'm sure there are plenty still there too.

Babies???

Patinoz
03-06-13, 06:48 PM
Alexis Sanchez crashed his car in Barcelona and fled the scene afterwards.

http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/qf-sanchez-barca_32784030_mbqf-1370275774-30676450/2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpeg

Dermotron
10-06-13, 08:21 PM
For something different, the Louth Derby between Drogheda and Dundalk :D

http://www.firstrow1.eu/

Dermotron
26-06-13, 08:11 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/936453_10151430890135404_1971001427_n.jpg

luisito
27-06-13, 02:36 PM
Dudu Dahan scout of Standard liège controversial

http://www.jpost.com/Sports/In-true-super-agent-style-Dahan-deftly-deflects-criticism-316221

Dermotron
19-07-13, 05:56 PM
All the best Tito, looks like illness gotten the better of him. Be interesting if anyone is announced as successor at press conference. Rubi likely to be in charge for awhile. Quiet the step up from Girona to Barca in a couple of weeks!

ebfatz
19-07-13, 08:53 PM
Barcelona's list of managerial candidates are Celta de Vigo's Luis Enrique, Spurs' AVB, Marcelo Bielsa, and Sabadell's Lluis Carreras.

Apparently.

colml
20-07-13, 01:14 AM
Would like to see Bielsa, Laudrup or De Boer. Preferably de Boer, seems to have a good style of play

ebfatz
20-07-13, 09:59 AM
Odds this morning with SkyBet

Andre Villas-Boas 9/2, Rubi 11/4, Marcela Bielsa 7/1, Michael Laudrup 10/1, Frank de Boer 12/1, Luis Enrique 12/1, Roberto Mancini 16/1, Jupp Heynckes 16/1, Jurgen Klopp 22/1, Jordi Roura 25/1, Arsene Wenger 25/1

A Laudrup or de Boer punt may well be worth it.
I know Barce like to promote from within, someone who knows the ethos but Rubi has only been there a month, AVB has no previous ties to the club so it's then onto former players.

Redknapp69
20-07-13, 11:35 AM
ML will stay at Swans for 1 more year

colml
22-07-13, 08:31 PM
Looks like Gerardo Martino will be appointed tomorrow. Never heard of the guy, hopefully he can surprise me.

ebfatz
22-07-13, 10:59 PM
Hiddink has been heavily backed after resigning from Anzhi.

ebfatz
22-07-13, 11:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPz0VSwCAAI6xYR.png:large

Apparently Radamel Falcao's birth certificate. Says he is 2 years old than he has claimed. Making him 29 not 27.
Monaco will be pissed if that's true.

Coys
23-07-13, 12:19 AM
:lol: no fucking way

he has also won under 20 tournaments etc in the past when he may have been over age.

This is quite funny :lol:

Aula
23-07-13, 08:05 AM
His father claims that it must be mistake and its not true.

Dermotron
16-08-13, 10:19 AM
Kuty not gonna look any better after this collision with de Guzman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=frgPl9OZwkI

Aftermath

http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/kuyteye.jpg

Fods
30-08-13, 06:00 AM
:hurt:

Crying cos the crowd were giving him grief :whoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NH1g71X3tbE

Dermotron
06-09-13, 12:32 PM
Tim Vickery, legend :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23925620

Redknapp69
07-09-13, 12:24 AM
Good skills Dermo

Always listen to World Football Phone in Podcast with the Legendinho!

ebfatz
07-09-13, 08:34 AM
Wow! You're famous!

Fods
15-09-13, 02:56 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/15/ty9ymuzu.jpg

Dermotron
16-09-13, 09:56 AM
Rambo De Pra :lol:

Mark
16-09-13, 09:58 AM
Genoa won 3-0 at Sampdoria as well - It worked!

colml
30-09-13, 07:08 PM
http://athlonetownfc.ie/airtricity-league-first-division-champions-2013/ :peace::first:

Patinoz
01-11-13, 09:07 AM
I see Bale hasn't changed one bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut8RdbXN30A

Fods
02-11-13, 09:06 AM
Vid removed. Diving?

Janis89
02-11-13, 10:21 AM
Yeah diving. A disgrace

Blue Demon
05-11-13, 09:43 AM
Another crazy weekend in the dutch Eredivisie. Still 8 teams fighting for the top positions and tbh any of these 8 can go on to win the title. Even a team like PEC Zwolle, is showing some amazing football. The question remains wether the classic top teams like Ajax and PSV are so awfull, or is the rest playing catch-up. I guess the european performance answers that question lol.

http://i42.tinypic.com/33b330j.jpg

Feyenoord - AZ next weekend. :D

Dermotron
12-12-13, 04:25 PM
Maybe need to up Darren O'Dea CA/PA, seems to have had a blinder for Metallurh Donetsk in Ukraine . . . . .

http://metallurg.donetsk.ua/ru/vote/?votename=20

. . . . . . . this is why the Irish shouldn't be allowed on the internet :lol:

ebfatz
12-12-13, 07:50 PM
It's a landslide!

Topofthekop
24-01-14, 10:30 PM
Barcelona have confirmed that Neymar's parents got £34m of the £48.6m paid for the Brazil striker in June.
The 21-year-old's former club Santos received the other £14.6m.
Former Barca president Sandro Rosell has resigned over claims that the actual amount paid was more than £48.6m and he misappropriated funds.

34 fucking million paid to his parents?? WTF was that for? His father got super sperm or something that produces wonderkids?

Fods
24-01-14, 11:58 PM
Neckar probably said he wanted some money to go to his parents as part of the transfer. No biggie. Fair play to the lad for looking after his olds

colml
25-01-14, 02:54 AM
His parents own the company that own some of the rights to his name/contract etc. As fod says, fair play to him for looking after the auld ones. Some media are claiming it was €86m, not 57

Redknapp69
25-01-14, 04:30 AM
It's all about owning rights in South America innit - and then transfers get tricky
Think that's why Falcao went to Monaco as they offered highest price and that's what the people that owned him chose. He didn't really have much choice. But think those owning tights now all transferred to Monaco

Dermotron
25-01-14, 10:26 AM
It's a racket at times. Good to the see the players looking out for themselves but there are some examples where clubs pull a fast one, of sorts.

Marcelo Estigarriba on loan to Sampdoria, Juventus and Chievo the passed 3 seasons from tiny Uruguayan side Deportivo Maldonado who he has never even lined out for. The company who owns his rights owns the club.

An even smaller non league club in Brazil, EC Coimbra, has about 20 players on its books that have never played for the club. Tombense own a load of players that are better than the starting XI but are all loaned out too. Clubs get the loan fee and own any future sales.

ebfatz
30-01-14, 09:22 PM
Reportedly not paid since at least last August and after back to back relegations, Racing Santander players demanded that the clubs board stand down or they would refuse to play their Copa del Rey game against Sociedad.

The board are still in place so...........

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/1798346_756758651023256_940932178_n.jpg

They stood to their word!
Good on them I say!

Alan
30-01-14, 09:27 PM
The game kicked off, Real passed it around a little and then kicked the ball out of play. No Racing player went to take the throw-in, the referee spoke to the Racing goalkeeper briefly (I assume he is the captain) and then blew up to abandon the game.

ebfatz
30-01-14, 10:04 PM
Found a vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9bJGFrQxY