PDA

View Full Version : Management Appointments

mcnamee19
08-09-12, 12:04 PM
One thing I used to find with the game, is that when you have played it for many seasons (say 20) and all of the 'real' managers have departed, leaving mostly regen coaching/non-playing staff in the game - clubs usually appoint managers with terrible stats instead of managers with excellent stats. I assume this is due to the reputation factor when clubs choose a manager......

Coys
08-09-12, 11:47 PM
I can vouch for that. I've seen Wayne Rooney be appointed England manager with the worst stats ever :lol:

BlazeRavenwolf
09-09-12, 12:32 PM
I agree I have seen Lampard as Chelsea manager & Gerrard as England manager, both with terrible stats (I mean terrible A non-league manager would laugh at them :lol:)

In the March DB, Paul Scholes is always the first player to become a manager, Usually in the 2nd season he leaves Utd on a free then gets appointed as player/manager of a third division team (Shrewsbury in my last game, I think), but at least his stats were pretty good

mcnamee19
10-09-12, 02:01 PM
I think I may (create) and edit the older player's managerial stats in the March DB before I begin a new game, as it does become rather easy. It will not be as realistic, as who knows if Lampard, Gerrard, or Scholes will become great managers.....but it should make the game a bit more difficult.

EDIT: In fact I'm going to edit most of the manager's stats in the game, very unrealistic, but will be interesting to see how hard things will be with most managers having every stat at 15 or above.

Coys
10-09-12, 02:06 PM
Does how good a managers stats even have an effect on how the other team performs though? i think it just effects what sort of tactics he'd use more than anything.

mcnamee19
10-09-12, 02:18 PM
To an extent, from what I have seen, they do affect them. However I have had a big break since I last had a proper game, so I could be wrong. I do remember Steven Gerrard becoming manager at Man Utd, and not doing very well, whereas teams who had managers with high stats seemed to do better.

Although a good point to make is that I have seen managers with excellent stats, but who play with a defensive mindset, not do very well at all - so maybe it is the mentality/formation of the manager that matters. I do remember Gerrard having no preferred style of play, and playing a flat 4-4-2...