PDA

View Full Version : Players in the Future

martinho
24-10-12, 06:59 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find that as you get to, say, 10 seasons played in a game - the standard of almost ALL players is terribly low?
I notice players of very high value, but very poor stats - and also players who's stats dont match their position? ie strikers with 18 marking, defenders with 20 finishing?

I just mention this because as i progress later into a game, it becomes very frustrating to see almost all other teams comprised of very poor players, and it takes a long time searching to find any players of even a reasonable standard.

Does anyone else find this happening to them?

Patinoz
24-10-12, 07:21 PM
Playing ptp I actually found that it is exactly the other way around. Prolly too many good players.

martinho
24-10-12, 07:22 PM
Sorry, ptp?

AMC
24-10-12, 07:44 PM
Pass the Parcel, check the stories thread.

Agree with Pat, especially defenders, it's well known (I think :D) players come back with exceptional positioning skills and as this is probably the most important stat for defenders, there are so many good defenders in the future.

Coys
24-10-12, 08:11 PM
Hence why the goals dry up later in the game when more regens are added to the database. Unless you use Tapani 2.19 where he slows down player development etc.

I use 2.16 though as i like to see lots of red numbers, but it does get frustrating after a while seeing every team score only 40-50 goals in the prem

316'sRegen
24-10-12, 08:21 PM
I would agree that the regens become crazy good after 10 years,I love this point in the game.
Coys, are you running a few decent leagues at the same time?
That's a good way to ensure quality.

Coys
24-10-12, 08:29 PM
Nothing wrong with the quality mate, i always run Brazil, Argentina, and all the major european countries in foreground and background with max database :ok:

Just other teams don't score many goals because of the high amount of players with high positioning stats, either that or defensive tactics.

churky
24-10-12, 10:06 PM
It's all about positioning, as already pointed out. I wonder if somewhere out there is still that old thread where we discovered how big of an impact positioning has in cm0102 match engine...I remember someone (Alan?) put a Conference team to PL, maxed out positioning for all his players and was on 5th place half-way through the season.

Goofy
24-10-12, 10:08 PM
It's all about positioning, as already pointed out. I wonder if somewhere out there is still that old thread where we discovered how big of an impact positioning has in cm0102 match engine...I remember someone (Alan?) put a Conference team to PL, maxed out positioning for all his players and was on 5th place half-way through the season.

Yeah, i remember that thread too........ don't think it was Alan though.......... will have a look and see if i can dig it up, may be over at the old place :)

Edit - Caterlatics started it i think :tup:

Alan
24-10-12, 10:11 PM
It was me! I think I used Woking and ended up around 9th or 10th in the end.

Goofy
24-10-12, 10:16 PM
I stand corrected then, apologies Alan :)

Looks like the old site has finally been pulled, just getting 404 errors now :(

Fods
24-10-12, 10:24 PM
Yeh Carterlatics created that thread and then had a hissy fit when he didnt win MOTM :lol:

Back to Topic, players seem just fine to me in the future too. (Using 2.19)

Alan
24-10-12, 11:56 PM
Just ran a quick test, again with Woking.

http://imageshack.us/a/img211/7963/woking.jpg

churky
25-10-12, 12:31 AM
Yeah, positioning is somewhat important. :lol:

Fods
25-10-12, 12:36 AM
Think I tried it on the International stage selecting only players with high positioning (lower leagues only) and won the Euros or something :rolleyes:

Coys
25-10-12, 12:44 AM
All i want to know is how on earth did Woking not finish bottom one year :lol:

Alan
25-10-12, 12:50 AM
Southampton were below them on goal difference :)

Coys
25-10-12, 01:06 AM
unbelievable :lol:

martinho
26-10-12, 12:02 PM
Wanted to ask, exactly what is the difference between the 2.16 and 2.19 patch? And can 2.16 be used with the September 2012 update?

martinho
26-10-12, 12:16 PM
And also, is there anyway to make the AI better? Like by importing custom tactics into the game? I ask because the patch that "enabled harder AI tactics" no longer works with the new data updates.

thanks!

Coys
26-10-12, 01:35 PM
2.19 slows down player development, as Tapani felt that players reached their full potential's too quickly.

2.16 is just the default player development, which i myself prefer.

In some ways, i can see why Tapani changed it. A 16 year old wonderkid shouldn't reach 190 PA within a season. However, there were some flaws with the patch. Such as some players not developing at all if they had bad coaches / training facilities.

martinho
26-10-12, 01:53 PM
Thank you Coys :) and 2.16 works with the Sept 2012 Data Update?

Coys
26-10-12, 02:43 PM
Yep :ok:

316'sRegen
27-10-12, 06:51 AM
And also, is there anyway to make the AI better? Like by importing custom tactics into the game? I ask because the patch that "enabled harder AI tactics" no longer works with the new data updates.

thanks!
tapani discusses that in post 3 here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?70-What-does-the-Tapani-Patch-change
(imported by pati from the old server)

although the best form of AI is a bloody human opponent :D
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?164-Network-Games

in fact, :focus:

if there are more human managers in the game the super freakmen regenerating will be more evenly spread :lol:

long story short, solve the problem of "terrible standard of players" by playing a 16 player network game :eek:

swedishcmgod
28-10-12, 07:42 PM
I think it has more to do with shitty managers being in charge of the best teams. Had a season in which Scholes had terrible stats and was managing Liverpool. He had a habit of picking shitty 10 points avg players for the starting XI. No wonder they eventually got relegated.

ClayDatsusara
29-10-12, 01:46 AM
I think it has more to do with shitty managers being in charge of the best teams. Had a season in which Scholes had terrible stats and was managing Liverpool. He had a habit of picking shitty 10 points avg players for the starting XI. No wonder they eventually got relegated.

He was clearly doing that on purpose me thinks :D Being a ManU man, he must hate Liverpool :P