PDA

View Full Version : Bosman Signings

imback357
23-11-12, 05:27 AM
I manage Tottenham, and so far, the 'notable' players I've managed to pry away from their teams for free are:

Leighton Baines
Robert Lewandowski
James Rodriguez
Nicolas Gaitan
Xavi

Just wondering if everyone else is using [or abusing] the system in creative fashion [since most players get somewhat overpriced, imo].

http://s10.postimage.org/6bjwugxfb/spurs1.jpg
http://s10.postimage.org/6a9z11vll/spurs2.jpg

technoir
23-11-12, 02:02 PM
Lewandowski rotfl No offence but in my opinion he is overrated.

My biggest Bosman signing was Messi. Considering the fact that I havent won EEC with Maritimo he came to us! Negotiations were hard. I offered him 7mln signing fee 2 year contract and 70k euros per week!

imback357
23-11-12, 04:32 PM
Well, to each his own, I guess. Paired up with Adebayor/Rossi and with my midfield of Bale, Xavi, Rodriguez, Gaitan, Kagawa, Honda, Giggs, Dempsey, et al supplying him, it's really tailor-made, seeing as his highest stat is finishing.

Hm... Messi, huh? That really looks like mission impossible. By the way, is he any different without the Barcelona system/midfield? Just curious.

My next target is actually RVP, wahahaha. Wish me luck.

BlazeRavenwolf
24-11-12, 10:39 PM
I have signed Roque Santa Cruz to Northampton Town when I was in Division 2 before but I don't have the save anymore

Spudiator
25-11-12, 07:57 PM
I've managed to sign both Balotelli and Messi for Rochdale on frees, though admittedly both were in their 30s at the time (late 30s in Messi's case).

imback357
26-11-12, 04:45 AM
Old Messi >>> No Messi imho... It's actually quite harder to pry younger players [esp. if they're real good] anyways. I just missed out on Mario Gotze recently, but since he's like 23/24, I'm not too worried [well, other than Real want him too, of course].

Welshy
26-11-12, 12:46 PM
Lewandowski rotfl No offence but in my opinion he is overrated.

My biggest Bosman signing was Messi. Considering the fact that I havent won EEC with Maritimo he came to us! Negotiations were hard. I offered him 7mln signing fee 2 year contract and 70k euros per week!

£7million? Is the maximum amount of money available for a signing on fee not £5million?

EDIT: I see you're playing with euros, my bad.

kuy
10-12-12, 02:25 PM
This entire squad was assembled on Bosman transfers:

http://i48.tinypic.com/142eofn.png

Two disclaimers:
* Ramé and Klose aren't actually the originals, they're regens (I've nicknamed them), but they still came from big clubs - Ramé from Bordeaux and Klose from Dortmund
* For a couple of the youngsters (Pogba, Daehli, Sterling, Morgan) I had to pay compensation, so it doesn't appear in the Transfers In page as a Bosman transfer, but that was how I signed them.

If anyone wants to see pics of their individual atts, stats or history, let me know :ok:

bluestillidie00
18-10-14, 09:20 PM
Hi, how do Bosman transfers work? I'm on the 20th january and I'm trying to sign a players contract who is expiring at the end of the season. There are no Approach to Sign options though. Only Approach to Buy, and Loan. The player is over 23. Any solutions?

Thanks!
-Tom

Dermotron
18-10-14, 09:26 PM
What date does the players contract expire on? If it's 30th of July you cant try sign him on a bosman yet.

bluestillidie00
18-10-14, 09:42 PM
What date does the players contract expire on? If it's 30th of July you cant try sign him on a bosman yet.

That's it! It's a bit awkward, any ideas why SI done that?

Thanks Anyway
-Tom

EDIT:
It can't be that. His contract expires on the 28th of June.
http://i.imgur.com/FERVBCB.png

Redknapp69
18-10-14, 09:45 PM
Doesn't this happen if player in a random country as well? I'm sure you can't even sign some even if contact ends in a month?

Kingsley
19-10-14, 07:42 PM
Has he already agreed to join someone else.

Some countries (Argentina for one) don't allow Bosman's, byt this guy plays for West Brom, so can't be that.

Jokerjake7
20-10-14, 01:40 PM
The approach to sign should still appear if he has agreed to join another team, it just will state that he has already agreed to join "club name" when you click it.

BobMem
20-10-14, 02:42 PM
I thought it didn't appear at all, but then neither does 'Approach to buy' because you can't buy them when they're already signing elsewhere.

Jokerjake7
20-10-14, 02:59 PM
I'm pretty sure approach to sign does remain, although I can't check.

Kingsley
20-10-14, 08:30 PM
Just checked. If they have accepted a contract then neither approach to buy nor Approach to sign are options

BTW. We know that ths Yacob dude plays for West Brom, but who are you managing and what leagues have been selected ?

Also, how many games did he play for The Baggies ? It maybe that he hasn't played enough to get a Work Permit, so therefore you have no option to sign him

Whyme
20-10-14, 10:01 PM
I've noticed this problem too. Seems to be more of a problem with African players for some reason.

I've also noticed that if a players contract finishes in February then the available to sign option is less likely to be available, even if there's only one month left on the players contract. It's frustrating when other teams can approach to sign these players and all you can do is look on and watch!

It's kinda like how other teams are able to offer a scouting job to retiring players, whereas us human managers are only able to offer them a job as a coach or an assistant manager.