PDA

View Full Version : Network Game Queries

Pages : [1] 2

nlockhart
29-12-12, 06:48 PM
Got the game running fine on a new windows 8 laptop. Only issue is trying create a network game. Was able to create network games fine on my old laptop. This is just a LAN network game as well so no issues with hamachi. Know what I'm doing with the IP files and everything is okay there.

What other problems can cause the game to be unable to create a network game? Has anyone had any success hosting a network game on windows 8?

316'sRegen
29-12-12, 09:23 PM
Hi mate.

Never played with windows 8 although had a look at it recently and it looks to me like they have just slapped the tile system on there instead of the start menu, I can't imagine there is any difference with the .Net framework in any case.

make sure the cm0102.exe's properties are correct (NT4.0 compatibility and run as admin)
and make sure you have deleted the cpuinf32.dll file from the data folder.

For LAN games you will need to check out the network card's ip address which will usually be 192.168.xxx.xxx and can be found in adapter settings
dynamically assigned ip addresses can be an issue here and it's wise to manually assign ip addresses to all computers (network cards) that wish to join the game.

Also if you are playing a pure LAN game, the computers need to be physically linked up on the same network
Wireless may not work, unless you use hamachi (which simply makes the computers believe they are physically linked in the same room/network by ethernet) :ok:
You say the ip in the net file is correct but just do a quick check in game settings/manager status screen to see what the ip is, then anyone joining can type that ip instead of the game name.

However if the game can't be created you can't get this far, so just double check the net out file has the same ip as the network card.

The next thing to check, and in 90% of cases the thing that causes the problem, is the security settings of the hosting computer. I know you haven't actually got to the point where the game has been created but a potential pitfall is also your PC seeing the others joining as a threat and blocking access. In that case

"the network game 192.168.xxx.xxx could not be joined"

will be the error and disabling security and firewalls will usually sort this out.

Let us know how you get on and an idea is also to install hamachi and join the champmanclan group.
There are usually a few guys on there that will be happy to help

Clenbuterol
30-12-12, 04:56 PM
Hi, having the exact same problem. And tried all that as well...

Maybe the problem is that we cant select NT 4.0 ?

Was planning to chill in the bed with NFL, my hangovers, and a network game with my brother in the other room. Now i kinda regret getting Windows 8 on this work laptop :D

nlockhart
04-01-13, 07:53 PM
Got it up and running finally. Wasn't automatically picking up the correct IP, but turns out the IP I was manually changing it to was also wrong. Bit of a daft mistake on my part. Couldn't get NT 4.0 compatibility mode either, but 98/ME worked fine in the end.

316'sRegen
04-01-13, 07:54 PM
Happy days :dance1:

kruleone13
03-02-13, 09:39 PM
i can run the game and play it normally as start new game but caant create new network game....i followed the tutorial....BUT: on windows 8:

ip.exe -> compatibility -> there is no windows NT 4.0 service pack 5 listed like in the tutorial.... HELP ME OUT?

thanks

kruleone13
04-02-13, 07:23 PM
in the compatibility mode in the cm0102.ex file is no windows NT listed.....so my ip.exe cant recognize the ip from hamachi....
i can play everything normally on windows 8 except hosting a network game......i followed all tutorials....but my net.out file just doest show the right adress whatever i do.....
i know its annoying but an advice or a tutorial would be appricated and usefull..

THANKS

rod_morash
05-02-13, 10:36 PM
Hi mate.

Never played with windows 8 although had a look at it recently and it looks to me like they have just slapped the tile system on there instead of the start menu, I can't imagine there is any difference with the .Net framework in any case.

make sure the cm0102.exe's properties are correct (NT4.0 compatibility and run as admin)
and make sure you have deleted the cpuinf32.dll file from the data folder.

For LAN games you will need to check out the network card's ip address which will usually be 192.168.xxx.xxx and can be found in adapter settings
dynamically assigned ip addresses can be an issue here and it's wise to manually assign ip addresses to all computers (network cards) that wish to join the game.

Also if you are playing a pure LAN game, the computers need to be physically linked up on the same network
Wireless may not work, unless you use hamachi (which simply makes the computers believe they are physically linked in the same room/network by ethernet) :ok:
You say the ip in the net file is correct but just do a quick check in game settings/manager status screen to see what the ip is, then anyone joining can type that ip instead of the game name.

However if the game can't be created you can't get this far, so just double check the net out file has the same ip as the network card.

The next thing to check, and in 90% of cases the thing that causes the problem, is the security settings of the hosting computer. I know you haven't actually got to the point where the game has been created but a potential pitfall is also your PC seeing the others joining as a threat and blocking access. In that case

"the network game 192.168.xxx.xxx could not be joined"

will be the error and disabling security and firewalls will usually sort this out.

Let us know how you get on and an idea is also to install hamachi and join the champmanclan group.
There are usually a few guys on there that will be happy to help

i am in 90% of cases.

I played since month with a Friend in Italy, me being in Germany.

We have several games together, just now noone work..

I used to be the host, I have all the saves.
Now i am in a new house and apparently the only difference is that.. I was on a LAN based internet as now (just before it was faster)..

Just now I cannot make new games, he cannot either, always the same answer, "the network game 192.168.xxx.xxx could not be joined" or something like that (the game is in Italian :D )

any hint about how to change this weird situation?

I mean, before it worked just fine, now it's a cathastrophe..

rod_morash
05-02-13, 10:49 PM
Hi everybody.

I used to play with a friend online, just now it does not work anymore.

We have several games played together, several saves, several hours of game.

Just now i Moved out from my old house, and in the new one it does not work.
Any clue why?
Why when i load the game and give him the IP the guy receives as a message "cannot join bla bla bla"?
Why before instead it worked just fine?

I have win 7 he got Vista.

other possible helps to the discussion:

It does not allow me to create a new mach either: i create it, he cannot access it.
We were never able to let him host the matches, also we never really tried.
I live in a weird house with 4 more people, the landlord is a schizo and needs the mac adress to allow you to go in internet. I just screwed him by using an ethernet cable that avoids the mac stuff, still maybe the rooter security matters..

I tried also to run it without a firewall activated, still no help.

Fods
06-02-13, 12:44 AM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?1463-How-to-get-set-up-to-play-network-games

Patinoz
06-02-13, 12:46 AM
change your net file in the cm folder manually to your hamachi ip

kruleone13
06-02-13, 03:01 AM
Man, please give me a short description of what you excactly did to run a network game as host....when you change the IP manually...do you type your LAN IP or the hamachi IP.....TUTORIAL PLEASE or i am going to fuckin kick my PC with shitty WIN 8 on it.

PLEEEASSEE! tnx

316'sRegen
06-02-13, 05:47 AM
guys, read the tutorial in the network games forum, it goes through compatibility and troubleshooting, including manipulating and forcing the ip to remain the value you want (to use hamachi)

316'sRegen
06-02-13, 05:49 AM
once changed make it read only and delete the ip application in the champ folder

(fodster has shared the link that shows all this with screenshots)

magicgrimley
29-03-13, 06:09 PM
I think my problem is i have no net out file iether does my mate any ideas?

Patinoz
29-03-13, 06:17 PM
i got a brilliant idea. run the ip file as admin.

316'sRegen
29-03-13, 10:53 PM
could be show compatibility files to bring it up if that isn't the problem.

I've used the same net file now for ages as i save it when deleting and re-installing. It's only a notepad file at the end of the day so just copy the format in the tutorial but replace the top line with your own hamachi ip.

godsmack
09-07-13, 12:25 PM
Hello to all,

when i want to download file from sendspace i got this error:

"Could not open socket 113, No route to host"

Any solution to this problem?

Thanks

Fods
09-07-13, 12:28 PM
Which file?

godsmack
09-07-13, 08:23 PM
twas thi8s one "Serbian league patch March 2013 update" but now it is ok. dont get it ?

Goofy
09-07-13, 08:45 PM
Probably an issue with Sendspace at the time

Bomberinho
20-10-13, 07:07 PM
I have just started at network game with 4 of my friends. We play the italian League. Almost every game week in the League we play 5 different times because of tv rights. Sometimes even 3 different times on sundays. Is it possibel to change so we play the same day/time or 2 different times? The game will be more faster and not so much waiting for other players.

Choe
24-10-13, 06:42 PM
Hey Guys
I hope you can help me with a bit of a problem. I have just installed the new data update and now for some reason i am not able to create a new network game.. I used to be able to do so.
I tried to do it at my work today and there i was able to create a game

What have i done so far
- removed the cp.. something file mentioned earlier in this thread
- running the game in NT compatability
- pressed the IP file in the CM folder
- I can join a network game
- disabled my firewall

Hope somebody can help me with this issue.. I simply cant understand why I all of sudden cannot create the game... I have also tried to reload the game i created at work and it says the same thing

Best
Choe

316'sRegen
25-10-13, 12:30 PM
read the tutorial and troubleshooting!

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/57-How-to-get-set-up-to-play-network-games

Phoss
27-12-13, 05:43 PM
I've followed all the instructions on creating a network game using Hamachi by Chris316, but I'm still getting the same error. The one step I can't complete is setting cm0102.exe to NT compatibility, that's just not an option in Win8. Currently it's running in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode and as administrator. Does anyone know how to solve this issue as I almost has to be the last thing preventing me from creating a network game?

316'sRegen
08-01-14, 01:10 PM
I haven't used windows 8 yet mate, sorry :(

I imagine windows Me setting could work but if you want to give a bit more detail on what happens with your network game I or someone else will try and help.

have you created exceptions for hamachi and cm in your antivirus and firewall?

dandino
30-05-14, 10:12 PM
Set up a network game as a host, but although the client connecting gets into the game, it frequently 'sticks' or freezes. Sometimes it unsticks but eventually it will happen and we can't fix it, it remains frozen. Hamachi shows our link is working fine (green icon).

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Cheers!

ClayDatsusara
02-06-14, 02:24 AM
I remember it happening sometimes. Hamachi is not very stable I guess. You better save frequently and if it freezes try kicking the clients off of your game by shutting down Hamachi while keeping CM0102 going. When you turn Hamachi on again the game should continue on your end with the other players on holiday mode. Then they can join in.

Topofthekop
03-06-14, 12:33 AM
Turn the heating up.. Should help with the freezing :ok:

skjoorta
14-06-14, 06:27 PM
You cant choose Windows NT in compability mode, so how can you play network on Windows 8.

We have tried everything!!!!!!

Sugestions??

//Thanks!

Deepinlove
02-07-14, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, it won't let me create a network game on windows 8.1. I already searched and tried everything... compatibility mode, ip.exe, ~net out file edited with hamachi ip, disabled windows firewall, even took out the network cable from router and put it directly into PC so I don't have to forward any ports... Still not working. Last year I could play but I had windows 7 installed. Now I can't create a network game anymore on windows 8.1. I really don't know what else could I try, reinstalling windows 7 would be the last solution but I don't really want that. I even tried today a virtual xp in WMware workstation, that didn't work either, I still couldn't create a game. I guess windows 8.1 didn't let it work. Oh and one more thing, I can't open the game when the compatibility is set to win98/me... it doesn't do anything, the game doesn't open. It works with compatibility set to xp sp2/3, even without any compatibility. Could that be the problem? Why it doesn't open with compatibility set to win 98/me? NT is not on the list anymore in win 8.1... Please help, let me know if you have anything in mind that could help me.

westerlund_w
16-10-14, 07:02 PM
Has someone managed to start a network game using windwows 8?
Its a huge problem and I hope someone here have a solution to this problem.

I'm getting really frustrated here!!

Come on!!!! =)

Thanks!!

Offside Trap
17-10-14, 08:47 PM
Not 100% on starting a net game, as Im on Win 7, but the guys I play with, are on 8 and they can Join fine

Foggy
31-10-14, 08:26 PM
Right, so I've worked out finally that my Comodo Firewall was the culprit in blocking me from joining network games. Once unistalled, with only windows firewall running (exceptions for CM and Hamachi added) I was able to get a network game running fine :)

ideally, though, I'd like to know some good free firewall programs that will let me run CM network games.

What are you guys using?

(Thanks)

info0
31-10-14, 08:40 PM
Windows Firewall (+wfc) + Microsoft Security Essentials only. No third party commercial shit (*Norton, AVG and "others") will get on my PC :lol: and boggle it up reducing performance to shreds ;).

One more thing: know what you're doing on net and what you're downloading. No virus/trojan/spyware here since 2003... :]

Foggy
16-11-14, 04:28 AM
Hi guys, having trialled a network game between two laptops, I noticed there was a slight delay between each click and the next screen appearing when playing as the guest player in a network game.

Is there a way to lessen that at all?

obviously, it's being quite fussy as the delay is very short, but after getting used to the razor sharp cĺicking action, it is admittedly slightly grating.

Also, the during matches, the commentary skips in places. is there anything that can de done about that?

Thanks in advance.

Offside Trap
16-11-14, 07:32 PM
The host will always be able to play and click through as if they were playing a normal solo game, therefore people who have joined will always have that slight delay, so assuming your talking of a second delay, 2 at the max, then no this cant be prevented. Just to refresh though, I always double click the 'IP' Icon in my CM folder, even though nothing happens, i see it as a refresh when paying online

Mikey

Foggy
16-11-14, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Mikey.

I guess it's how all network games are then. it's not too bad, not even a second, actually, but with the game running at fast commentry on x4 speed, it jumps through the commentary a bit, and the interesting goal *flash* moment is missed sometimes...

Guess I'll slow down the commentary speed to medium.

smoggy
22-12-14, 03:12 PM
I've tried starting up a network following the guidance given previously but when I attempt to change the ip address in the ~net file it says access denied. Any clues?

smoggy
25-12-14, 02:08 AM
For those of you struggling to play network games using windows 8 I have finally managed to get mine working after a lot of looking, for someone who is not computer literate it took a while. Basically it wasn't connecting due to the wrong ip address listed in the ~net file. However I was unable to change this to the one on the Himachi program it kept saying access denied. Basically you have to change the permissions in the properties page. one I did this it worked fine.

MrFoo
08-01-15, 09:45 PM
Hi all, me an my bro are trying to play a network game.

But when he tried to connect to me, he connects then this happens (See below)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10912980_10152921926255516_59152045_n.jpg?oh=2e29b 3d571ae0a47bf9383175cdf8e74&oe=54B082E1&__gda__=1420849665_f228e49328c72b32b928ffada1d6f52 0

So he can't enter his details and click continue to pick team as you can see above, he is playing on windows 8, we are using Tapani 2.19.2 patch

Anyone seen this before?

Ciaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
27-02-15, 03:36 PM
HI, is it possible to play online? how?

Erkifino
27-02-15, 03:40 PM
An entire section dedicated to the cause! http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164

It's not a case of a matchmaking system, you have to find someone to play online with.

biagio333
01-03-15, 11:10 AM
hello guys .. I wanted to create a network game in order to play with my friends .. can someone help me ?

Fods
01-03-15, 11:29 AM
There is a section here dedicated to Network games biagio :ok:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164

biagio333
01-03-15, 11:31 AM
thank you!

Taribowestsleftfoot
30-03-15, 06:05 PM
After fixing up an old laptop for a mate (stripped XP off it and put on Vista) I put on Champ Manager 01/02 and 02/01 games. After some fangling I checked they both ran ..... no probs, no sign of memory issues or crashes but I didn't run entire seasons (using the run as admin fix). My mate just told me that BOTH games will allow him to play a single season but then start going awry? Any suggestions?

The 01/02 game is patched (SI, Tapani and Oct update) and 00/01 game is left as standard yet both only last a year? seems to much of a coincidence to be unrelated?

Cheers

milo
30-03-15, 07:05 PM
which tapani? and what start year?

Taribowestsleftfoot
30-03-15, 08:07 PM
Can it be the Tapani? it also happens on the unaltered game? unless the patch automatically updates all versions of champ that are on a machine?

It was 2.20 and the start year is whatever it is as standard after installing it because I don't believe my mate altered it?

cheers

milo
30-03-15, 09:55 PM
what error do you get when they stop?

Fods
31-03-15, 07:00 AM
'my mate' :pound:

Taribowestsleftfoot
31-03-15, 08:59 AM
'my mate' :pound:

Eh?

Taribowestsleftfoot
31-03-15, 03:26 PM
The error box says 'cm0001.exe has stopped working'

Fods
04-04-15, 04:05 AM
Eh?

Just teasing mate, normally when a person refers to my mate, its normally happening to them :)

Taribowestsleftfoot
12-04-15, 06:15 PM
LOL I'm not shy about my shockingly bad techno ineptitude because I more than make up for it in sexual tyrannosaurusness.

As I've mentioned in a few other threads, I'm currently bedding in my new computer (again, I fucking hate gubbins) so texted my mate and said now that I was up and running again he could drop his laptop round and I'd try to sort it. It would seem the game has started working normally? I dunno, CM games do kinda run like drunk leprechauns on modern machines.

kingoftacs
26-05-15, 06:18 PM
Hi guys having problem me and my bro do network games and sometimes this error message happens (CM0102.exe has stopped working) happens every session now first full season was ok but second season this keeps happening this also happened in previous english league we did that lasted 6 seasons before we encountered problems, i have the latest:

3.9.68T Patch
Windows NT 4.0 compatibility
Latest April data update.
Windows firewall allowing cm on public network.
I never do background leagues.
We start game in 2014.
Tried running as admin to no avail

He also has same settings considering starting new game but want to avoid the game constantly crashing any ideas or has anybody got a setup where they never get the error message like different patch or certain update pack or maybe starting in different year?

Dermotron
27-05-15, 09:08 AM
Do network games work with Tapani patches applied? If I'm not mistaken he'd said before it wasn't an area he really looked at due to the lower volume of people playing network games. Could be wrong on that.

Erkifino
27-05-15, 11:51 AM
Obviously not what you wanna do, but going on what dermo said, do a fresh install without the tapani patch.

Fods
27-05-15, 11:51 PM
I agree with erk on this one

kingoftacs
28-05-15, 01:52 PM
yes network games have been working with the patch applied just get the error message usually a few seasons into a game but thanks ill give it a go and see what happens

jarleirik
31-05-15, 08:10 PM
I have registered for LogMeIn after visiting the Hamachi site. and registered two users. One for my brother and one for me. But how do I connect the computers in the correct way? Should I use the same login on both computers? :S I have followed the instructions on this site, and created a network game. But how can I join this game from my brothers computer? Please give me detailed information :P

Sorry for poor english.

jonhas1993
09-09-15, 01:32 PM
Followed all instructions on forums to load a network game such as Hamachi, replacing ~net file etc.
Everytime try to create a game it either will not create or it cannot be joined despite being in a Hamachi group.

Any tips on solving this issue? Thanks :confused:

Liam
11-09-15, 03:21 PM
I was able to run network games brilliantly, tried upgrading to Windows 10 and it wouldn't do it whatsoever, no matter what I tried.
Now I'm back on the original!

loveispool
20-10-15, 02:51 PM
i play network on w10 and my mate plays on 8.1 if you do it right then it works but it takes some time to make it work! iam gonna talk to my friend so mabey we can upload information on how to make it work! :)

Skinarelli
27-10-15, 07:37 PM
Same problem for me. Windows 10 just doesn't want to play ball. I can't even edit the net.out file with a Hamachi address. Despite having admin rights, Windows tells me I don't have permission to save the reconfigured net.out file. Tried saving it to the desktop and copying over to the correct location but computer says "No!"

Without the the Hamachi IP, Champy fails to load a network game as my IP address resolves back to the usual 192.168.X.X

:violin:

birkelse
03-11-15, 11:18 AM
Hi we are trying to play Cm 01-02 , we are both on windows 10
Anyone get that to work, anf if so, how ?
We have follow the steps with hamachi etc, who was in here
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57

yorkyblue
10-11-15, 02:43 PM
One thing I've noticed is that it only lets you host the game if using an Ethernet cable. If I unplug it and use wireless, the IP is wrong or won't create a game. Not sure if it's just me but that's always been the solution for me when networking CM 01/02.

I'd be interested if this did solve other people's problems.

danny_bhoy67
17-12-15, 03:04 PM
Did anyone ever figure out how to make this work on Windows 10? I'd love to know.

Any info or step by step instructions on how to set a network game on Windows 10?

Would love to play this with my brother who is in another country but can't figure out how to make it work for us both on Windows 10 :(

Thanks.

gavywill
27-12-15, 05:51 PM
Use Compatibility for Windows 95 & Disable High DPI Settings,Run As Administrator. You Want to Also do the old TCP/IP on your network Devices like the good old days. This works for both Wi-Fi & Wired & Through the Hamachi setup as well. If you can as well search in for the windows on/off features and enable all of the NT Framework as this helps too. I did everything via the other forum's but added in a change for Windows 95 & disabling the high scaling DPI Setting on the same section. Do not delete your DLL file either as that can create conflict. Please let me know how you get on and also i hope this makes sense as i'm not really great at explaining i do apologize.

danny_bhoy67
29-12-15, 11:19 PM
Sorry to be a pain but is there any chance of doing a bullet list of steps to follow from the very beginning. When you have some time of course.

I'd really appreciate it.

dpm121
12-03-16, 11:24 AM
Has anyone been playing their network games over the internet, as in not on the same network.
A couple of years ago I had a game going but can't for the life of me figure it out now.
Having created the network game, only my internal IP is shown. How do it make sure my hosted game will be working as in the old days and making my external IP show and be joinable?

dpm121
12-03-16, 11:26 AM
Can you explain the process of "do the old TCP/IP"?

luigi2704
22-06-16, 01:04 AM
Hello guys

I am brand new on these blogs things, and I dont know if I am doing things right, so if I am doing something stupid please let me know.

I am used to play CM 01/02 in the same computer with my brother, unfortunately he needed to move and now we will play on separated computers.

My problem is that I cannot even create a new game on the network options, what could be going wrong? I have a Windows 8.1, maybe this is relevant.

Thank you

Fods
22-06-16, 01:44 AM
Hello mate, don't know much about networking myself.

Although this thread states Win 7, its the same principals for Windows 8.

Have a read, its a "Getting Started" tutorial for Network Gaming -
Getting started with Champman Network Games (Win7) (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632)

luigi2704
22-06-16, 05:32 PM
Works perfectly

Thank you very much

316'sRegen
22-06-16, 05:53 PM
The both of ya can join the guys on here and play in games against them.

Check out the network threads and see: http://champman0102.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Ibracadabra83
09-07-16, 01:02 AM
Desperate to get a LAN game together with a few friends but get this message when i attempt to create the game:

''The network game '' x x x x '' could not be created.''

-Using Windows 10
-Set to run as administrator
-compatibility: Windows 95

Was really excited to play after applying the update but looks destined not to play ball.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks for your help.

Fods
09-07-16, 06:50 AM
There is a tutorial for setting up network games

Ibracadabra83
09-07-16, 01:31 PM
Thanks. I followed all the steps in the tutorial but the same error message persists :(

Ibracadabra83
09-07-16, 07:19 PM
Just a word of thanks to Offside for taking the time today to sort out my issues. Really looking forward to a great game.

snegl
14-07-16, 07:22 PM
Hi lovely CM people! I got a problem.

I can't get Hamachi working for El Capitan, the latest version of Mac OS X. I've searched through soooo many posts, tried 5-6 other VLAN services as an alternative and cant get any to work properly. Hamachi just says "The installation has failed" - I tried to install previous versions too. I can install some of the earliest versions of Hamachi, that has .pkg as installers, but they crash after around 5-10 seconds, probably because they're too old and incompatitable with El Capitan. My Mac has just been formatted and everything is working great besides this.

Since the error log of Hamachi says something with priveleges, I've also thought of installing Hamachi via the command line and some sudo-code but since the app is a .app and not a .pkg - I cant seem to find a commando that lets me manually install the latest Hamachi while trying to bypass the failing installation

Some say that Hamachi isn't working for El Capitan yet. Is this true? Has anyone made it work out there in CM-Land? And what are the alternatives to create a virtual LAN network like Hamachi?

Hope anyone can help. ANYTHING goes, as long as I'm not installing Windows (I'd need to format my Mac completely to do that).

Cheers!

roalfey
16-07-16, 08:10 PM
having trouble with creating a network game..
game loads the database but when it gets to the end i get the message 'cannot create network game'???
im running windows 10 and cannot select Nt 4.0??
any ideas?

Offside Trap
16-07-16, 08:34 PM
WIN 95 mate, that will work as an alternative

roalfey
16-07-16, 08:47 PM
yer have tried that mate still having no luck.... gutted

ictpaisley
22-07-16, 01:14 AM
Hi guys,
Firstly I apologise for yet another thread on this subject. I have read a fair few of them to get me this far so thanks for that. My issue at the moment seems to be joining a network or getting others to join my game. I can create one absolutely fine and the IP matches up with the Hamachi one but then I can't get anyone to join it. I have also changed the net file to the Hamachi IP.
My operating system is windows 8.

I know I need the users ip from Hamachi to join the game but I get the message "could not connect to network" or similar.

Could anyone please give me a few tips in order to help me? I just find it strange that I can create a network game and it displays the IP address but no one can join. I have the same problem when trying to join other users.

Thanks in advance.

Offside Trap
22-07-16, 07:46 AM
If you can setup a game, and no one can join it, best bet is, its your firewalls that's preventing people from joining it. Disable them and host again and test

This could also be the same reason you can't join peoples game

Is your compatibility setup to win NT 4.0 or Windows 8? and are you running as an Admin

ictpaisley
22-07-16, 12:59 PM
I have disabled my McAfee live safe firewall and then accepted Hamachi + cm0102 into windows firewall but still no luck. I was using windows 98/ME for compatability which would allow me to start a network game but now that I've swapped it to Windows 8 I can no longer create a network game. There is also no option for NT 4.0. I have tried all of this while running as Admin.

London35
22-07-16, 01:29 PM
annoying....grrr!

Offside Trap
22-07-16, 01:43 PM
Let me know if you have any luck, ill sort something later on this evening

moravcik
22-07-16, 10:04 PM
Use Compatibility for Windows 95 & Disable High DPI Settings,Run As Administrator. You Want to Also do the old TCP/IP on your network Devices like the good old days. This works for both Wi-Fi & Wired & Through the Hamachi setup as well. If you can as well search in for the windows on/off features and enable all of the NT Framework as this helps too. I did everything via the other forum's but added in a change for Windows 95 & disabling the high scaling DPI Setting on the same section. Do not delete your DLL file either as that can create conflict. Please let me know how you get on and also i hope this makes sense as i'm not really great at explaining i do apologize.

Any more information would be appreciated.

It's doing my head in used to play it fine before getting Windows 10...

ictpaisley
23-07-16, 12:58 AM
Cheers for the help, I managed to get it working! Not quite sure what did it eventually but I am now running windows 95 compatibility and it works fine.

Offside Trap
23-07-16, 10:11 AM
Nice one mate

London35
23-07-16, 01:21 PM
Compatabilty mode is usually the prob

Offside Trap
23-07-16, 01:43 PM
Yeah, its NT 4.0 for most, but Windows 8 & 10, thats not an option, I know Windows 95 compatibility works on a windows 10 machine

moravcik
31-07-16, 12:19 PM
I have finally resolved the issue after hours spent trying to figure it out. All credit goes to Offside Trap a true gent with the patience of a saint. Over two separate evenings he gave up his time tirelessly trying ways to get my game up and running. It is a rare thing for someone I have never met nor spoken to before to help another in this way. Shows what a community this forum really is.

The guy is a legend and I can't say enough what it means to be able to play network games again. Thank you OT mate you would not de defeated, your a star!

Offside Trap
31-07-16, 01:01 PM
Yo are more than welcome. As Chris pointed out on the shoutbox, there's no better way to play the game, and I 100% agree. I try to encourage network play as I feel you're taking the game to that next level. I'm sure we've all smashed it on a solo game, and continue to take challenging clubs, as time moves on, but networking, alongside the great work from the update team and Tapni - for me, make the game class.

ashton430
03-08-16, 03:48 PM
Afternoon all, I have never ever played any type of Network Game.

What do they entail. Is anyone looking for someone to join one as I may be up for it

316'sRegen
03-08-16, 03:52 PM
Have a look at this first: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632

Then PM Offside Trap or London35, those guys are the network veterans and they have a few different games.

stuharrogate
11-08-16, 09:26 PM
Hi all im having the common problem of not being able to create a network game on windows 10... ive read the forums but cant work out what im doing wrong... or what i need to do right? can someone help me so i can get it sorted as i would love to set one up.

Offside Trap
11-08-16, 09:30 PM
I'll PM you mate

riskybiscuits
03-09-16, 10:36 PM
Hi all, hoping someone can help me. Same problem as a lot of people and Windows 8 could be to blame. My problem seems to be when I run the IP program it doesnt seem to do anything. When I check the ~net file the IP address mentioned is not the same as Hamachi says. Am I doing something obviously stupid?! Any help would be much appreciated....

Alex Partridge
16-09-16, 01:02 PM
Im struggling to get it to work on Windows 10. Can anyone help? It sets up the network game then fails, saying the network game could not be created. I've tried the windows 95 compatibility thing but no dice. I've also made sure it's not restricted on the mccafe firewall.

I read through the help but it all appears to be based on Windows 7 which is making things difficult.

As an aside, do you know if its possible to play network games on a mac? The guy im meant to play with has a mac and followed the install steps on this website to make cm work, but if he cant play online then this whole things pointless anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Offside Trap
16-09-16, 09:25 PM
Hi Alex

Okay, windows 10 you say? compatibility needs to be on windows 95. Have you deleted the Cup32 file? have you double clicked the IP file in your CM folder? although nothing happens when you do this, its important you do it AFTER you've installed Hamachi, as it refreshes the IP and connects both programs. Also in your CM folder, there should be a ~net file you can open with notepad, the IP in this must be the same of that on your Hamachi, if its not, you'll need to edit it and change it, bear in mind, possibly wont let you whilst its situated in the CM folder, so copy it on desktop or somewhere, edit it as it will allow you to, save it, then cut/copy it back in your CM folder, over-riding the original.

If you need anything else, give us a shout

Also, not a clue about the Mac system

martincohen
26-10-16, 10:21 PM
Hi All,

Was wondering if you could help.

I've recently downloaded the October 2016 update from Dermotron and the latest patch from Saturn.

One thing I have never been adventurous enough to do is to get myself setup for a network game - I see that there is a video tutorial but it seems to be relatively dated and I have no drop-down menu to change Compatibility Mode to Windows NT 4.0.

Is there a video/process I can follow to get myself setup?

Many thanks in advance and thanks again for your top work!

Martin

Pisani
29-10-16, 04:16 PM
Tried loading a long running save game and got this error...

https://s17.postimg.org/ftons9owv/error.jpg[/url]

Running the game with April update and latest Tapani patch

Any help would be much appreciated...

cheers

markduff83
23-11-16, 08:32 PM
Hi guys I'm not computer minded at all but me and my friend both have cm 01/02 with the updated patched and transfers etc runnin on windows 10 can any one help me out and explain step by step how to get a network game running I've tried to follow forums and you tube videos but got nowhere. Any help is appreciated

markduff83
23-11-16, 09:14 PM
Hi guys I'm not computer minded at all but me and my friend both have cm 01/02 with the updated patched and transfers etc runnin on windows 10 can any one help me out and explain step by step how to get a network game running I've tried to follow forums and you tube videos but got nowhere. Any help is appreciated

Fods
24-11-16, 06:49 AM
Sure I just read this same
Post somewhere, maybe I dreamt it

Offside Trap
24-11-16, 11:34 AM
Ensure Compatibility is (Win95) and also that you Run as Admin

Hamachi Program (IMO) is a must, so ensure you've got this installed and have created an active network group and that people who are playing with you, have joined it

Ensure you delete the Cup32 (or whatever its called) from the CM/Data/ Folder, this is a must

In your CM Folder, there is an Icon, called 'IP' double click it, although nothing actually happens, this will refresh the IP of that with Hamachi running alongside

Also in your CM Folder, theres a file called '~net' open this, with word if you have to, ensure the IP Number displayed is the same as your Hamachi one, so not the 192.**** if you need to change it yourself manually you can, but... copy the ~net file to desktop, then edit it from there, then save, then move it back into you CM folder, over-writing, note: it will not let you edit it from the CM Folder location

All being well that should be it, any problems, just post here, as and when I get on, Ill try and help

Mikey

markduff83
25-11-16, 12:07 PM
the only problem is i dont have a ~net file in my cm folder

Offside Trap
27-11-16, 12:41 PM
Hmmm, you're not the first person to have stated that, so.... what I can suggest, and this has worked with a couple people, use someone elses, edit the IP number to match that of your Hamachi, then paste it in the CM Folder. I sent mine to a few people, edited the IP, and Booom it worked, an idea

markduff83
27-11-16, 11:30 PM
Found. Net file on my old laptop and moved it over and still no luck, maybe it's just not meant to be. Is there any programs except hamachi I case that's the problem?

Offside Trap
28-11-16, 01:46 PM
There are, but not sure which/what, as I've always used Hamachi, and had no issues. I think 1 of the biggest issues is Windows 10 to be honest -

- - - Updated - - -

An idea for you - if you want - im free tomorrow morning, If you're happy to trust me, I can teamview (remote pc) and do it for you

Nigly
04-12-16, 07:02 PM
Successfully created a network game using hamachi, thanks very much "Offside trap" for you help. Curious now to see if anyone is able to join.

Offside Trap
05-12-16, 11:45 AM
No worries, glad to help, Im free most mornings if you wanna run any tests,

gee
27-01-17, 12:35 PM
Alright guys

Me and my brother are trying to sort out a network game. He is the host and everything is perfect followed all the steps. But I cant join or find his game any ideas? Even sometimes I click on network play and it freezes.

Thanks gee

Offside Trap
27-01-17, 01:51 PM
What windows you running Gee

desperatefornetwork
28-01-17, 03:17 AM
Hi all,

My friends and I are just trying to rediscover the great times we had ten years ago playing network games but despite following all the advice we could find (for the last 7 hours!) we still can't get it up and running.

If anyone has a clue what we could be doing wrong please give me a shout. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Will

Fods
28-01-17, 03:31 AM
Have you checked the network section? Lots of help there

TedBakircioglu
29-01-17, 05:00 PM
I seem to be having the same problems, it loads all fine and at the end tells me I can't create a network game... Hamachi IP4 and IP6 both look the same, running as admin and win95... Would you let me know what you did to make it work as my problems seems very similar to yours...

Cheers
Ted

denners
10-02-17, 12:06 AM
Hi all, hoping you can help. I have tried setting up a network game on windows 10 and I can't get it to work, it says can't create network game. I also don't have the option to run in NT 4.0 compatibility and the ~net file looks different to what is on the forums. Any ideas?

Offside Trap
10-02-17, 09:48 AM
Try compatibility mode Win 95

tatt11
10-02-17, 02:04 PM
Hi,

Hope you can help I am trying to get a network game setup on windows 10 I have followed your steps above but it's still saying unable to create network game, I have made sure the game is set to run in compatability mode windows 95 and run as admin. I have downloaded Hamachi and set a new network up the cup32 file I was unsure about the only one like it I could see was Cpuinf32.dll is that the one I am meant to delete? then I clicked the ip.exe file then moved onto the ~net.out file open it and it says 127.0.0.1, if I open my Hamachi at the top it doesnt say that IP its completely different. I have tried changing the IP then replacing the file and also leaving it as the IP it gives me and none seem to work. I still get the unable to create network game? Also does everyone trying to join the game need tio follow these steps? or just the one creating it? do people need to be part of your Hamachi network before it will create the network game aswell? or should you be able to create one then people join?

Do you have any ideas???

316'sRegen
10-02-17, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Hope you can help I am trying to get a network game setup on windows 10 I have followed your steps above but it's still saying unable to create network game, I have made sure the game is set to run in compatability mode windows 95 and run as admin. I have downloaded Hamachi and set a new network up the cup32 file I was unsure about the only one like it I could see was Cpuinf32.dll is that the one I am meant to delete? then I clicked the ip.exe file then moved onto the ~net.out file open it and it says 127.0.0.1, if I open my Hamachi at the top it doesnt say that IP its completely different. I have tried changing the IP then replacing the file and also leaving it as the IP it gives me and none seem to work. I still get the unable to create network game? Also does everyone trying to join the game need tio follow these steps? or just the one creating it? do people need to be part of your Hamachi network before it will create the network game aswell? or should you be able to create one then people join?

Do you have any ideas???

When you change the net file to the hamachi details, save it, then make it read only in the properties. Also delete the app called 'IP' in the cm main folder after to prevent the game trying to ascertain the IP in future

Lastly, allow hamachi and cm through your firewall a d windows firewall.

That should gelp

316'sRegen
10-02-17, 02:45 PM
the only problem is i dont have a ~net file in my cm folder

The IP app in the main cm folder generates the net file, double click it

lalepra
19-02-17, 06:05 PM
Same problem here... "The network game could not be created".
Tried absolutely everything and no luck hosting a network game on my Windows 10. Copied the CM folder to my old laptop running Windows 7 and it worked, and I successfully joined that network game on my Win 10 PC.
I also tried on other Win 10 PC and no luck. The problem is obviosly the Win NT compatibility that is missing in Win 10.
Any ideas?

316'sRegen
19-02-17, 07:18 PM
Win95 Offside Trap says.

Have you tried (and read) everything in this thread?

lalepra
20-02-17, 07:01 PM
Win95 Offside Trap says.

Have you tried (and read) everything in this thread?

Yes, some problem with Win95 compatibility.

LkillerM
19-03-17, 05:06 PM
Hi, me and some friends have Championship manager 01/02 install in windows 10.
How i create a network game in windows 10??

Thank you :)

sermak
09-04-17, 08:20 PM
Hey

SOLVED

PS: Sorry if aparently looks stupid, but it was need both are in same "room" on Hamachi?

Cheetzy
17-09-17, 03:37 PM
Hi guys, I have Win 10 however don't have any ~.net file appear when I click ip. Can anyone help out with this?

London35
18-09-17, 08:25 PM
the IP doesnt make a net file...happens with me on win 10 as well...

but the minute u click ...join network game/make network game then a ~net file is made..

thats whats happening with mine...as ive got to delete the net file to connect to networg games and make a new one....all a bit annoying and appears to be random and hit and miss at the moment..

win 10 defiently not friendly with net games really...

gabrielcm0102
21-09-17, 01:10 AM
Hi somebody still play online? i want to play.

andreoli
09-10-17, 12:25 PM
Hi somebody still play online? i want to play.

I do...if you want we can give it a try

JayFlo
08-12-17, 07:25 PM
Hi,

Hopefully Offside Trap or somebody equally talented can help me.
I've downloaded the latest patch and update. I'm running Saturn v4. I've tried all the suggestions and instructions here to set up a network game but having no luck. I'm on Windows 10. Running as admin on Win 95; i have clicked IP, made sure they match Hamachi and have deleted the c.....32 file.

Nigly
17-01-18, 10:42 PM
Would like to just say a Thank you to Offside Trap like many others have on here! Gave up his evening to help me get network games back up and running on my laptop.

A top man and a true gent on this forum, Even turned away the offer of some Beer Money

:first::first::first:

py2sl
19-04-18, 09:18 AM
I've tried setting this up with a friend of mine. Following advice on this forum we can see each other and join the network game, but after entering our names and picking our teams it seems to hang on the 'Game Initializing' phase of new game setup.
How long should we expect this step to take?

Cheers,
Stephen

py2sl
20-04-18, 08:53 AM
I've tried setting this up with a friend of mine. Following advice on this forum we can see each other and join the network game, but after entering our names and picking our teams it seems to hang on the 'Game Initializing' phase of new game setup.
How long should we expect this step to take?

Cheers,
Stephen

It looks like we were on the wrong compatibility mode - swapping from Windows NT to Windows 95 compatibility did the trick.

JZK1907
16-07-18, 09:31 PM
Well, I wanted to play a network game with a friend.
We are connected through hamachi and I did all the steps that have to be done to create a network game.
the problem is that he cant find the server I have created. It always keeps saying that the server couldnt be joined.
Do you have any ideas how can I fix it or what doesnt work?

GFRay
16-07-18, 09:40 PM
Well, I wanted to play a network game with a friend.
We are connected through hamachi and I did all the steps that have to be done to create a network game.
the problem is that he cant find the server I have created. It always keeps saying that the server couldnt be joined.
Do you have any ideas how can I fix it or what doesnt work?

What Windows version are your on an what compatibility is your CM0102.exe? It needs to be set on Windows 95 compatibility if your operating system is Windows 10.

Then, did you match the IP address in your ~net file to match the IP of your Hamachi? You need to edit the file with administrator rights otherwise the changes won't stick.

Last but not least, did you first boot up Hamachi before loading up the save? And did your friend try to connect by manually typing in your IP address?

Offside Trap
19-07-18, 07:52 PM
What Windows version are your on an what compatibility is your CM0102.exe? It needs to be set on Windows 95 compatibility if your operating system is Windows 10.

Then, did you match the IP address in your ~net file to match the IP of your Hamachi? You need to edit the file with administrator rights otherwise the changes won't stick.

Last but not least, did you first boot up Hamachi before loading up the save? And did your friend try to connect by manually typing in your IP address?

Basically, whats been asked above, but 1 thing, if your ~net is different, be sure that when you edit and change it, that you copy the file outside of the CM directory, as access will be denied, ideally, copy it onto your desktop, open it (with notepad I use) change it, save it, then copy it and paste it into the CM directory over riding the previous one

Also, as stated, if you're on W10, then compatibility Win95, if you're on W8, then choose that, and if you're on Win 7 or before, ensure its compatibility Windows NT 4.0

Alcoolix
21-12-18, 04:25 PM
Hi Guys,

I have been playing the game fro years, especially online, with an update from, i dont know exactly, maybe 2015/2016.

Just downloaded the latest patch from Saturn. I could play it (Windows 8.1 compatibility Windows XP SP3)

But its impossible to load a network game with this compatibility mode.

But i can load a network game with compatibility mode Windows 98/Windows Me but i can play it because the game crashes with this mode.

Already tried everything i know: all compatibility modes, deleted IP, added IP, net file edited manually or not, only read or not..

DOes someone have an idea for me ?

Thx

Luke

EDIT: Ok, found it out. Saturn V6 is not compatible with network games on Windows 8/10 :( ...

GFRay
21-12-18, 06:33 PM
What does work is loading a normal game (single player) on the v6 patch, save it and then restore it as a network game on the v5 patch.

One of my mates that I play tons of online CM with (Offside Trap on here) tried this and it works. Not sure if there will be long term crashes or bugs though. :ok:

Alcoolix
21-12-18, 06:37 PM
Thanks mate for the tip, but i also play long terms games with my mate and dont want to invest 3 months and lose it later...

Sad but true, we are gonna play with the Mars 18 update.

We just gave up a 50 years old save. We were about 2 and half years on it (real time) since 2015 and over 30 full days !

GFRay
21-12-18, 06:58 PM
My mate ran a holiday test for 3 seasons straight and didn't encounter any bugs. It's up to you really what you want. :ok:

Offside Trap
28-12-18, 08:47 PM
As GFRay stated above, just start a single play game on SV6 via the compatibility (Windows XP SP3) save it, then load up SV5, restore the saved game (as a network game) your compatibility on SV5 will need to be Win95/Win98/NT or whatever normally works for you. The game will load up and you can play it. I done a 3 year test, and no major bugs or errors, but the one thing that is compromised, is the World Club Cup which seems to only be played in 1st season, and not after. For me, this ent a biggy and am happy to carry on without it, but don't goto it and click auto draw or anything, as it will cause a crash. Also as stated, I can't say if any longer term issues, only tested 3 seasons, but have played out over a season now (so past the Jun update) with another guy, and had no issues.

This from what I can see, is the only way around playing network on SV6, for me personally, I take it, but its your call mate

Mikey

Foggy
07-04-19, 05:42 AM
I was able to get network games running in the past but patches versions.

I was planning to play with my brother but the original unpatched version.

I've followed all the steps for win 7 and am getting the 'network game could not be created.'

It's on win 7 (running win NT4)
Have deleted IP
The ~net.out file shows my hamachi IP
Tried disabling antivirus & firewall

GFRay
07-04-19, 10:32 AM
Have you followed every step of this tutorial: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564.

So Windows NT 4.0 compatibility AND Run as administrator? Also did you make sure to set it for ALL USERS?

Did you download the right version of Hamachi from this website (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi)?

Have you deleted the cpuinf32.dll file that's inside the Data folder?

You said you have deleted IP, but you should not delete that. You need to double click that to generate a ~net.out file.

Did your IP address stay in the ~net.out file even after saving?

Offside Trap
07-04-19, 12:38 PM
I assume you mean 3.9.60? as in ODB - yes it is, I have a current game with Pepe, and we're into the latter part of season 2. No patches applied or anything, literally as it is when first installed.

What Ray says above, but also, have you checked the ~net file to ensure it matches that of the IP number? if not, copy the ~net to the desktop, edit it there (from desktop) an change to match your hamachi, save it (on desktop) then copy the ~net from desktop and paste into your CM over riding the other one - as you can't edit the ~net file whilst its in the cm directory

Foggy
07-04-19, 02:57 PM
Have you followed every step of this tutorial: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564.

So Windows NT 4.0 compatibility AND Run as administrator? Also did you make sure to set it for ALL USERS?

Did you download the right version of Hamachi from this website (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi)?

Have you deleted the cpuinf32.dll file that's inside the Data folder?

You said you have deleted IP, but you should not delete that. You need to double click that to generate a ~net.out file.

Did your IP address stay in the ~net.out file even after saving?

Thanks for replying GFRay...

Yes to the first three... I deleted IP after clicking on it to generate the net file. I noticed though that there was one net file created which appeared in the cm0102 folder but another when I clicked on the 'compatibility files'.

I manually entered the Hamachi IP on the net out from the compatibility files net file and the other one which appeared in the default folder showed my local 192... IP. I then changed that manually to the Hamachi IP as well.

Yes, both of the net.out files show the correct Hamachi IP after saving (I had to save on the desktop first, then move it to the folder, also set read only on them.)

I did get a message when I download and installed Hamachi that one of the drivers wasn't installed because it is unsigned and windows cannot install an unsigned driver... That could be the issue possibly (?)

@offside trap thanks for the reply, yes I did mean that and I did do as you've described.

Offside Trap
07-04-19, 03:39 PM
Why did you delete the IP icon, if you dont mind me asking? normally, you need to double click this, which basically creates a tunnel from Hamachi to CM, although nothing happens, its imperative to do this. a ~net file if gone/deleted will auto recreate when you goto network play on the cm main screen.

Foggy
07-04-19, 04:23 PM
Why did you delete the IP icon, if you dont mind me asking? normally, you need to double click this, which basically creates a tunnel from Hamachi to CM, although nothing happens, its imperative to do this. a ~net file if gone/deleted will auto recreate when you goto network play on the cm main screen.

Initially I didn't delete the IP icon, but I noticed the game was taking a lot time to get from one screen to another when clicking on 'start network game' and the following screens (I don't recall that happening before).

The game wasn't created so I had a look on a few threads on here, older ones, and saw someone mentioning deleting the IP icon to stop it automatically generating anything altogether.

I only deleted the IP icon after an net.out file was already made.

Foggy
07-04-19, 08:17 PM
i've uninstalled and reinstalled both cm and hamachi and the problem seems to be that clicking the ip always gives a 192 ip address in the net file.
if I manually change it, the game crashes while being made.

Foggy
07-04-19, 08:24 PM

Clicking it only creates a net file with a 192 ip address and not my Hamachi IP.
Is it supposed to generate a net file with my Hamachi IP without me needing to manually input?

GFRay
07-04-19, 08:32 PM
Clicking it only creates a net file with a 192 ip address and not my Hamachi IP.
Is it supposed to generate a net file with my Hamachi IP without me needing to manually input?

No it always generates a file with the 192.xx IP address and you manually change it by putting your hamachi's IP there.

Foggy
07-04-19, 11:55 PM
No it always generates a file with the 192.xx IP address and you manually change it by putting your hamachi's IP there.

Okay, so... Once I've manually input the Hamachi IP, I save the net file (via desktop) and then delete the IP exe?

I've tried leaving it there and setting the net file as read only. It becomes jerky and crashes while the network game is being made.

I've also tried deleting the IP exe after setting the net file but the game finishes initialising shortlists then says failed to create network game... I wonder what it could be.

What would be the normal procedure after setting the net out IP to match Hamachi?

And how is it that I have two net files, one when I click compatibility files and one in the default cm directory...(?)

GFRay
08-04-19, 12:35 AM
Mate I have no clue what you're doing wrong, but it seems like you're not following the instructions to the latter.

Just start completely over with a fresh install and then follow this to the latter step by step: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564.

Foggy
08-04-19, 06:51 AM
I've done that now for a second time. After I change the address on the net.out file under compatibility files manually I'm able to save it just by clicking save.

But once I try to create s network game a new net file is generated in the default CM directory (not under compatibility settings) and the game is created on 192 server.

I'd appreciate it if anyone else can help if able as well

Thanks in advance!

GFRay
08-04-19, 10:05 AM
Okay try changing the normal ~net.out file and not the one under compatibility settings. I've never done that compatibility settings stuff so that might be the issue.

Foggy
08-04-19, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I've tried that as well... I don't recall fiddling around with compatibility files last time.

Offside Trap
08-04-19, 07:12 PM
An idea for you Foggy - either Ray or myself could do it for you, remotely, I think its a small issue, and more than fixable, maybe a fresh pair of eyes might see the problem

jdgmedia
08-05-19, 09:02 PM
After a lot of faffing, managed to start a network game the other night.

However, we're now having issues restoring it.

Network Play > Restore Network Game

Choose the right save, and then it gets to the end and then there's an error saying "network game could not be created".

Are there steps we need to follow before trying to restore a game?

Redknapp69
09-05-19, 12:32 AM
Check the network section mate

Then maybe ask there as likely to get more joy from Network users there?

GFRay
09-05-19, 08:21 AM
On which version are you playing? Any patches?

jdgmedia
09-05-19, 11:46 AM
OK so me and a friend are running the Saturn Patch 7 version.

Both in the same room, we've been able to create a network game and play it successfully.

But last night we tried when I was at home, and my mate was at his house, and there were issues. He was able to restore the network game, and re-take charge of his team.

But no matter what I could do, I couldn't get connected.

I tried everything. Re-creating the net file, running as administrator, disabling firewall, compatibility mode (Windows XP service pack 3).

I don't see why it worked the previous night but not last night. Please help!

GFRay
09-05-19, 11:56 AM
You can only create network games with Win 95 compatibility (if you're on Windows 10) or Win 4.0/NT compatibility (if you're on Windows 7).

For solo play Saturn patches require Win XP SP 2 or 3 as compatibility, but you can't create or restore network games on that compatibility. Switch to the right compatibility as I said above for network games and you should be fine :ok:

jdgmedia
11-05-19, 12:10 AM
You can only create network games with Win 95 compatibility (if you're on Windows 10) or Win 4.0/NT compatibility (if you're on Windows 7).

For solo play Saturn patches require Win XP SP 2 or 3 as compatibility, but you can't create or restore network games on that compatibility. Switch to the right compatibility as I said above for network games and you should be fine :ok:

I don't have Win 4.0/NT compatibility as an option on my Windows 7 laptop; but was able to play the network game earlier in the week?

I should point out here that I joined the network game, rather than host.

GFRay
11-05-19, 08:17 AM
I don't have Win 4.0/NT compatibility as an option on my Windows 7 laptop; but was able to play the network game earlier in the week?

I should point out here that I joined the network game, rather than host.Then the problem could be on his side. Maybe he didn't restore the save as a network game, but as a normal game?

Let him check his compatibilities on his CM .exe as well.

Also if you can't select Win 4.0/NT compatibility then you don't have Windows 7 on your laptop as that compatibility is available with Windows 7. You should have Win 95 compatibility though so you can try that one.

Foggy
20-07-19, 12:43 PM
Ok. thanks for the offer to do so mate, I really appreciate it but I'm a bit wary of allowing remote access as for security reasons. I'm not the too tech savvy so I don't know how exactly that would work...

Foggy
20-07-19, 12:49 PM
the issue is step 7.

Click the IP application.

I then go to compatibility files as instructed and open the net file.
Here, I don't see my Hamachi IP, I only see a 192 IP address in the notepad net file.

So I copy and save my Hamachi IP in the net file.
When creating a game, though, it always generates a new 192 address net file in the original cm folder (not in the compatibility files location)and uses that one to make the netwoirk game instead.

I just don't get it. I'm following the instructions precisely as far as I can see.

Using the 2.21 patch and march 19 updates as well this time, instead of 3,9.60

There must be someone who's run into this or knows how to get it running without the game constantly creating 192 net files in the main directory every time you want to create a game.

Foggy
20-07-19, 01:20 PM
how are you able to create a game then GFRey, since the steps mention dealing with the compatibility files folder.

Come to think of it, what's the point of the compatibility files for win nt if the game, even though supposedly running in win nt, isn't using them and is generating its own files in the main directory... hmmm

Foggy
20-07-19, 07:44 PM
Okay... Last thread from me...

So after spending a few hours fiddiling around I managed to get a network game created on windows 10 rather than 7.

The problem now is connecting to Hamachi.

The host computer is Win10 and the one connecting to it is Win7.

In the Hamachi app, a small yellow triangle (caution) appears shortly after connecting to the Win10 host laptop using the Win7 one.

On the other hand, there are no triangle error icons showing on the host Win10 laptop.

The message on the win 7 says error connecting to network adapter...

Any ideas how to resolve this...

Would be greatly appreciated.

Offside Trap
21-07-19, 06:12 PM
Personally, I wouldn't delete the IP icon. Its the ~net file that needs editing, and altering to match your Hamachi IP - do this from desktop, that I think you been doing already right? save it there, then copy the file into your CM Folder, over-riding the old one. But I feel you should keep the IP Icon where it is (CM Folder) as I believe, double clicking this (although does nothing) actually refreshes the tunnel from CM to Hamachi

Offside Trap
21-07-19, 06:20 PM
Also - forgot to say, delete the CPU32 file that will be in your data, this is a must, also ensure you're running as admin

Foggy
21-07-19, 09:06 PM
Appreciate the replies mate.

I did all that already though.

Thankfully I managed to get it running on win 10, my brother's laptop. And I was able to connect to a network game from my Win7 one.

Three of us were planning to start a game and play it one or two nights a week for old time's sake...

Took the best part of my Saturday to get it sorted finally. Problems with Hamachi as well. At least it was done though, in the end.

Offside Trap
21-07-19, 10:32 PM
Nice one, no looking back now, I feel networking is an addiction, at present, I got 3 different games going, and as a result, I tend to neglect playing solo saves

looking10
25-09-19, 04:21 PM
Hi all im having the common problem of not being able to create a network game on windows 10... ive read the forums but cant work out what im doing wrong... or what i need to do right? can someone help me so i can get it sorted as i would love to set one up.

Offside Trap
28-09-19, 10:56 AM

Okay, Ive a few steps, some of which wont hurt if already been applied, just do them again, as it works as a refresh for CM

1) You must be using Compatibility Windows 95, unless you're starting a network game via a Saturn Version 7 game, in this case, you'll need a specific exe, which can be found on the SV7 feedback thread, then when you got it, windows 95 compatibility will work

2) I assume you're using Hamachi program, this is a must for CM to work online, can be downloaded for free, an alternative VPN program work, like Radmin, but in fairness, Hamachi is the best one to use

3) In your CM Folder, you should have a ~net file, this can be viewed when opened with notepad, in it, will have the IP number, now this quite often is your 192.168 blah blah number, and this wont work, therefore, copy the ~net file, onto desktop, and edit it (from desktop) changing the IP number to ensure it matches exactly whan your Hamachi IP number, which will be at the top. Once changed, save the ~Net (from desktop) then copy it and paste into your CM Folder, over riding - reason for this, is because you can't edit the ~net file when in CM Folder, as access is denied

4) In your CM Folder, there should/will be an icon called 'IP' double click this, although nothing happens, this is what refreshes CM to Hamachi, certainly worth the few seconds work

5) Always ensure you're running CM as Admin

Let me know how you get on

avfctom1996
12-12-19, 11:31 PM
Title says it all really.

Is it possible?

Nowlz
10-01-20, 05:19 PM
One thing to add... if you can't see a ~net file in your CM folder the the 'IP' exe in step 4) as administrator and it will create the missing ~net file

A missing ~net file has caught me out a few times and results in an "unable to create network game" message

Offside Trap
11-01-20, 01:18 PM
One thing to add... if you can't see a ~net file in your CM folder the the 'IP' exe in step 4) as administrator and it will create the missing ~net file

A missing ~net file has caught me out a few times and results in an "unable to create network game" message

tbh I didnt know that, but knew you had to click the IP exe for some reason, now I know, and same in that the missing ~net has caught me a few times, I think... dont quote me, it only appears from a fresh install via the original CD, and not via an ISO installation, could be wrong though

jase25555
01-03-20, 08:48 PM
Hi all, I've sent a request to join champmanclan on hamachi to start a network game, can someone let me know how to get accepted?

Thanks

Offside Trap
06-03-20, 08:37 PM
Dont think that group exists anymore, if i recall, it was the first one that was launched many years back

JoeK210185
15-03-20, 09:07 PM
Is this even possible?

My mate and myself both playing the game, any chance we can have a network game or is that just too far fetched?

krasystw
15-03-20, 10:02 PM
Yes, some problem with Win95 compatibility.

Hi,
May I play cm01/02 through network with other people with different windows (I have Windows 7, other has Windows 8.1, other has Windows 10). In other windows that Widows 7 there is no option to choose NT 4.0 compatibility.

How we all can play through network ?
Eralier I was playing with friend (both Windows 7) and there was no any problems.
But now (3 different Windows) we have problems, we can not get conection - we couldnt join network game.

Offside Trap
16-03-20, 08:48 PM
Use compatibility W95 mate, that'll work on windows 8/10

Offside Trap
16-03-20, 08:51 PM
I don't think so, wouldn't of thought so tbh

JoeK210185
17-03-20, 12:40 AM
If anyone doesn't have a ~net file...you need to change compatibility on the IP file to 95 too, then run it, then you'll have a ~net file

ljb501
19-03-20, 01:11 PM
Hi there.

Me and some friends are trying to do some networked CM0102, and my friend is having issues.
We've run the 3.9.68 patch, the 2019 update file, and CMpatcher 1.24. We have updated resolution to 1200x800. When prompted, pictures were converted, or so he tells me.
All compatibility fixes you'd expect are in place.

Everything is fine at my end, raring to go.
My friend however is having some resolution or scaling issues.
He can browse the main menu fine, and strangely, even starting and playing a single player game is fine, but as soon as he joins a network game, the resolution
or scale seems to switch and he's left with this: https://imgur.com/gallery/dBF8TUu

So obviously can't reach the buttons in the corners. This is in fullscreen mode. Windowed is worse still, zooming yet further in.

I've been through the various resolution and tech support threads, and tried a few things there but can't find any solution.

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers all, in advance.

fabionlindeza
19-03-20, 05:07 PM
the problem is, by changing the compatibility for win95, when creating a game ALWAYS crash on creating leagues... If i change for winXPSP3 it's good. But then the IP doesn't match with hamachi and they can't join. I already did the ip and ~netfile is ok with the hamachi ip, but the cm server is another server and they cant connect. any help ? win 10 here

fabionlindeza
19-03-20, 05:28 PM
Hello guys. So since 17-03-2020 until today that I successfully created and played online game with my friends. Today I decided to uninstall CM and install it again, using the same protocols I used before.
Problems detected:
I have hamachi, everyone's there, everything alright.
CM: If I put win95 compability, the game ALWAYS CRASH on creating leagues, if I select winxpsp3 it's alright. It creates the game with no worries, the problem starts here. My IP is ALWAYS changing on CM server, and they can't connect.
Yes, I already did the IP in admin mode, win95, winxpsp3 but it's always changing the ip and deleted the Cpuinf32.dll file.
I think this is the real problem, constantly changing the ip. I turn off the firewalls, everyone of them too.
The ~net file has the same IP has hamachi. Still they cannot connect to my game.

Any ideas how to help me? Im confused because yesterday was fine!!!

alexlowe95
19-03-20, 09:02 PM
Me and a few mates are looking to set up a network game and having Downloaded the game I followed the tutorials of downloading Hamachi and following the walkthrough, I found that in my download in the files I donít have the ~net file which is spoken about to change the IP address?

Is anyone able to help with trying to set this up?

Iím currently using Windows 8.

Thanks!!!

JoeK210185
19-03-20, 09:21 PM
Hello anyone that can help

I can successfully start a network game, but my friend who is also on W10 can't.

I've been with him step by step, deleted the CPU file, sorted the ~net file so it matches the hamachi network, compatibility is at W95

Just wont let him start a game.
I'm joined to his Hamachi network so that's fine but he can't join my game or host his own and i'm at a loss!

thanks.

sirmota
20-03-20, 08:44 PM
Hello anyone that can help

I can successfully start a network game, but my friend who is also on W10 can't.

I've been with him step by step, deleted the CPU file, sorted the ~net file so it matches the hamachi network, compatibility is at W95

Just wont let him start a game.
I'm joined to his Hamachi network so that's fine but he can't join my game or host his own and i'm at a loss!

thanks.

How were you able to create the game in W10? Can you share your knowledge? thanks

ljb501
20-03-20, 09:10 PM
How were you able to create the game in W10? Can you share your knowledge? thanks

If your ~net.out file IP matches your hamachi IP (literally only needs to be that one IP, not the gateway or subnet. You can leave those) the network game should create.

As for those of you struggling to join, I trust you're actually typing in the hamachi IP of the server rather than just searching for it?

tommy_craven
20-03-20, 11:54 PM
hi,

can anyone help, just got a new laptop and running windows 10 but cant set up network games now.

installed game and update
installed Hamachi and created network
deleted the cpuinfd32 file
double clicked ip
then when I set up the game I get a huge ip address like this
1.148.0.12/ 255.0.0.0/ 60.0.0.0/ 60.0.0.0/ 192.168.1.131/ 192.168.1.131
never seen that before, any ideas?

Offside Trap
21-03-20, 01:29 AM
Copy the ~net file to the desktop, open it from there (with notepade) and change the IP that read 192.168.1.131 and change it to the IP at the top of your Hamachi. Save the ~net file where it is (desktop) then copy it and paste it in your CM folder, over riding the old one. Ensure you have an active Hamachi network or group online. Ensure you're running as admin, and compatibility is set as W95

ScooterPT
21-03-20, 12:42 PM
Hello, im sorry to be the same guy asking the same questions but here goes:

I followed the turorial that was posted here (which is now deleted, dont know why) and after i was able to create a network game (win 10) and play with my friends. however, yesterday it just stopped working and said "couldn't create xx game"
I follow the steps again but this time to no avail.

installed CM01/02
updated to 3.9.68
deleted the cpuinf32,dll
changed the -net.out to hamachi ip
turned off firewalls and defender

did everything and it just won't budge... any ideas why did it happen?

Thanks in advance,
ScooterPT

Offside Trap
21-03-20, 01:53 PM
Hi mate

What database are you using? and if so, what Saturn Patch?

LuccasMB
21-03-20, 11:16 PM
When I click on network play it says "unable to open network" - "The network could be not opened. Check your network settings and try again".
Does anyone know what's going on? This error does not appear from my friends.
We're in the hamachi, all right. Cm is running as an administrator and with windows 98 / windows NT compatibility.
I have already allowed cm and hamachi on the firewall.
I'm with windows 7, I already deleted the cpuinf32 file too.
I can't find a solution.

Redknapp69
22-03-20, 12:03 AM
Might also be worth you checking/asking in the network thread mate :ok:

LuccasMB
22-03-20, 12:31 AM
I'm a little bit lost here, It is my first time in Champman Forum. I tried to look for something related but i have found nothing, I'm sorry if I created a new post or created it in the wrong place.

LuccasMB
22-03-20, 02:17 AM
Solved - It was my anti-virus

Offside Trap
22-03-20, 12:26 PM
An idea for you all, a while back, I made a YouTube walkthrough/guide on the basis of networking, might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Xq02E8nRM&t=630s

rorysheridan
23-03-20, 09:39 PM
In the video there is a net.out file, what do you do if this file isnt present?

Offside Trap
24-03-20, 11:05 AM
In the video there is a net.out file, what do you do if this file isnt present?

Right click the icon 'IP' icon, and run as admin, and this will create a ~net file for you

rorysheridan
24-03-20, 04:28 PM
Right click the icon 'IP' icon, and run as admin, and this will create a ~net file for you

Thanks, yes did this no way of minimising screen to be able to access file though. My friend managed to host successfully he gets this screen with suggested IPs, I havetried all of them and the Hamchi IPs, none of them connect

Offside Trap
24-03-20, 11:04 PM
I play in window mode so can stuff whilst playing, ensure you edit the ~net file away from the cdm folder, and match it to your hamachi IP. Also ensure you're running as admin and compatibility is W95 if youre on W10/W8, if youre on W7, use NT4.0, but if you're using the last Saturn Patch, nothing will work, as it wasnt possible for a network game with that

sirdave1983
25-03-20, 12:46 PM
anyone actually have a network game set up - im looking to join one !

mnurek83
25-03-20, 08:22 PM
I have the same problem with win 10. I did exactly with the instructions and unfortunately at the end is the message "The network game xxx could not be created".

Offside Trap
26-03-20, 04:27 PM
anyone actually have a network game set up - im looking to join one !

Yes, I've 3, a 4 season game on ODB, a 78 season on tapani 2.19 and a 4 man game where we're just at end of season 1 on ODB

I have the same problem with win 10. I did exactly with the instructions and unfortunately at the end is the message "The network game xxx could not be created".

Sometimes a fresh install can help, but ensure when you uninstall, that you manually delete old stuff, as this cant retain and conflict. The start from scratch. Applying all the steps, and correct settings

mnurek83
27-03-20, 07:09 PM
It works for you to play on the Internet on win 10 ??

Offside Trap
28-03-20, 12:52 PM
It works for you to play on the Internet on win 10 ??

Yes -

jamo1812
29-03-20, 05:24 PM
Hi

Ive just downloaded cm 01/02, downloaded the patch but every time i try and set up a network game it says unable to create. Any ideas why??

ranb
29-03-20, 06:38 PM
somebody can halp ..
how i can open a network game in cm0102?
i already open ports .and its stil give me an eror thatgame not be open.

what i need to do pls.

tnx

Offside Trap
29-03-20, 06:58 PM
You need to be more specific, whats version are you running, what database, have you followed the steps etc...

Offside Trap
29-03-20, 07:00 PM
Can you be more specific, are you running saturn patch? have you followed steps?

ranb
29-03-20, 07:10 PM
win10
patch 3.6.68
march 20 updat

Offside Trap
29-03-20, 09:24 PM
Ok, firstly, id suggest, a complete unistall of the game, with a manual delete afterwards,

Install Game
Patch 3.9.68
Move the Mar 2020 over, replacing the old Data folder
Change the compatibility to W95 or NT4.0
Run as Admin
Locate the ~net file in your Cm Folder, and copy this to desktop
If no net file, right click the IP file in CM and run as admin, this will create a ~net
From the desktop ~net, open with notepad, and edit the IPv4 IP number and ensure it matches your Hamachi one
Save this ~net (on desktop) and then copy it back into your CM folder, replacing the old one

At this point, a game should create

Note, if you're using a Saturn Patch, the above will not work

ateeqm786
29-03-20, 11:00 PM
Can you be more specific, are you running saturn patch? have you followed steps?
Hi I'm also having problems creating a new game on network mode.
Windows 10
Latest Saturn patch
March 2020 update

Any help would be much appreciated. This is actually insane now I've been trying for 2 days to sort this

Tapley
29-03-20, 11:09 PM
I get the eact same error "Unable to create game" when just starting a network game. Have the latest official patch and have changed to admin mode and inwdows 95 compatability, am on windows 10.

ateeqm786
29-03-20, 11:12 PM
I cannot run mine on windows 95 or windows 98 coz it keeps crashing. There's no windows NT option on there. I have to play it on windows xp compatibility. I have absolutely no idea as to what I'm supposed to do

GFRay
30-03-20, 07:55 AM
Since saturn's patch v7 there has been problems with the compatibility and creating network games. Basically you can't create network games on the new patches.

If you want you can post it up in the patch thread itself, but I doubt they can/will fix it.

Offside Trap
30-03-20, 10:43 AM
There is one way around the Saturn Patch Network Game, instead of using Hamachi, use the program 'Radmin' ive tested this and it worked and I had someone join, played 6 months, so cant be !00% how stable this is, my guess is, will be fine. Your IP will start with 26 as oppose to 25, so ensure the earlier steps are followed. The compatibility muust be Windows XP Sevice Pack 3, as this is all that Saturn will run on

gapsone
30-03-20, 09:47 PM
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to play online with a friend but we've encountered a couple of problems:

- I cant create a network game, even when we are in the same Network in Hamachi. It always says that it was impossible to create.

- My friend can create the game but i cannot find in the network games.

Can you please help me in this situation. There's any way to find the another game in the same network?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards

Colemaniser
31-03-20, 10:30 AM
Hi all. New to the forum. I was trying to set up a network game last night and I thought it was all going well but we couldn't get it working.

I'm in Windows 10, running it on compatability mode for Windows 95.
I also have the March 20 transfer update and running patch 3.6.68

So my Hamachi ip address matches the IPv4 address on the net file. I can also start a network game fine but my server address looks a bit mental. Something along the lines of

39.2.0.242/70.2.0.242/255.0.0.0/255.0.0.0/192.168.0.10/192.168.0.10/

I've also allowed the program through the firewall and tried moving the ip file out of the folder but no luck.

Any ideas?

Nick+Co
31-03-20, 01:38 PM
Hi All,

Could someone try and do a network game with Saturn v9 by applying this patch: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/FixNetworkGames.patch to the Saturn exe and then doing a network game in the normal way? (i.e. run in Win95 compatibility mode, make sure cpuinf32.dll is deleted, etc etc)

Let me know if that fixes things for now - far from perfect - but might help me track down the root cause.

Thanks,
Nick

dazakatintin
31-03-20, 07:32 PM
This download won't allow me to create network play, anyone else had the same problems solved? TIA

Colemaniser
01-04-20, 08:14 AM
Hi all. New to the forum. I was trying to set up a network game last night and I thought it was all going well but we couldn't get it working.

I'm in Windows 10, running it on compatability mode for Windows 95.
I also have the March 20 transfer update and running patch 3.6.68

So my Hamachi ip address matches the IPv4 address on the net file. I can also start a network game fine but my server address looks a bit mental. Something along the lines of

39.2.0.242/70.2.0.242/255.0.0.0/255.0.0.0/192.168.0.10/192.168.0.10/

I've also allowed the program through the firewall and tried moving the ip file out of the folder but no luck.

Any ideas?

I got this fixed myself anyway using a combination of methods suggested on the forum. I did a completely fresh install (as I installed the latest Saturn patch and I couldn't get it working on that at all). When I did the fresh install, the net file appeared how it should have appeared with the 192.168.0.9 in the ip address box. I tinkered with a few things and this is how I got it working.

1. Remove ip file from the Championship Manager folder
2. Edit the ip address in the net file to your Hamachi ip address. (I had to move the file to my desktop, edit and save and then move back to the folder as it wouldn't allow me to save while in the folder)
3. Make the net file read only (properties section upon right clicking the file)
4. Change compatability to Windows 95 and that's it. Network games worked perfectly from here on in!

ljb501
01-04-20, 09:41 AM
If the network game is starting correctly, and all the players are connected to the same hamachi session, they should just need to type the hamachi IP in to the server bar after selecting join network game. Don't expect it to just show up as a game you can click to join. That your server details is showing a lot of nonsense isn't unusual. Sometimes our game does that. Sometimes it doesn't. It has no bearing on whether we can connect.

Offside Trap
01-04-20, 10:33 PM
Hi All,

Could someone try and do a network game with Saturn v9 by applying this patch: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/FixNetworkGames.patch to the Saturn exe and then doing a network game in the normal way? (i.e. run in Win95 compatibility mode, make sure cpuinf32.dll is deleted, etc etc)

Let me know if that fixes things for now - far from perfect - but might help me track down the root cause.

Thanks,
Nick

Ill try this now mate, but ironically, I been playing SV9 network tonight, albeit, using Radmin Server as oppose to Hamachi, no issues

Offside Trap
01-04-20, 10:48 PM
Hi All,

Thanks,
Nick

This worked mate, just done a test, my own fault at first, forgot to edit the ~net file, as it was on Radmin, but did a quick test, got someone to join, advanced a few days, and hey presto,

Brillian Stuff Nick

Foggy
02-04-20, 06:36 PM
hi, offside trap, could you please give a very brief set of instructions on how to use radmin. i used to be able to connect with hamachi but its no longer working for me... and i now have six players wanting to join a new network game.

would really appreciate a reply.

thanks

Angelis
02-04-20, 07:16 PM
ok, been looking through this and it kind of pointed me in the right direction for windows 10

when using compatibility (win 95) you need to delete the original net.OUT file
Run the IP in win 95 compatibility to create the standard IP file
Open the Net.OUt file and change the IP address like this:

0 Ethernet adapter :

IP Address. . . . . . . . . : [Hamachi IP Here]
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . :

then run the game again

When i was running the ip and net.out file it was bringing through all the LAN networks etc

This seemed to work for me anyway

hopefully it helps someone else

Foggy
02-04-20, 09:43 PM
I've managed to connect only one to the host using radmin. For some reason two of the other laptops can't join the network game.

I've tried entering ip address on net out files, allowing firewall exceptions...

shanka_safc
02-04-20, 11:42 PM
I have very similar issues with Windows 10.

I have read through this thread and almost got it working.

Windows 10, CM 01/02 with patch 3.9.68 including March 2020 data.

I have tried using Hamachi and rAdmin.

- Running compatibility mode Windows 95 (cm0101.exe and IP.exe)
- Deleted file from data folder
- Manually set UP address in ~net.out file
- Set ~net.out file to read only
- Created a network game and all looks OK (correct IP address is showing)

The issue is when another machine tries to connect to the network game. We are connected to the same network in Hamachi or rAdmin. When I search for the IP address, it says the network game can not be found. On a couple of occasions the network game name has automatically appeared in the list, but when I click on it I get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

fairedinkum
02-04-20, 11:54 PM
Hi All,

Thanks,
Nick

Nick you are a genuis, I played network games for years but had to retire as saturn's patches never worked (by no means am I'm knocking him though as I'd rather play alone with what he does for the game than online with dated stuff).

Anyway, I chucked your patch onto saturn's V9 patch and holidayed through til around 2025 and all comps were still running (FIFA Club World Cup woudn't even get past the first season). Played around 7-8 games online with a mate tonight and all good, we used Hamachi and problem free.

LEGEND, you couldn't have timed the cracking of this any better cos I think I'm gonna be furloughed at home for a long while so thank you.

What was the issue by the way?

shanka_safc
03-04-20, 12:04 AM
I have managed to get this working. There were 4 network adapters in the ~net.out file so I just made sure the same IP address was listed in them all and it looks to be working perfectly now.

Foggy
03-04-20, 12:55 AM
Thanks for that but I tried doing it just now... The game ip comes up repeated 4 times separated by a dash... Still can't connect or have other machine connect to it...

Wish I knew what is preventing this from working...

Did you use Radmin or Hamachi?

Foggy
03-04-20, 06:33 AM
I have managed to get this working. There were 4 network adapters in the ~net.out file so I just made sure the same IP address was listed in them all and it looks to be working perfectly now.

(As above. Was meant to reply with quote but earlier. Would really appreciate some help I'd you've got a bit of time.)

Foggy
03-04-20, 06:40 AM
I'm having the same issues as well but have you tried allowing the Hamachi application and it's other components through firewalls and anti virus software as well as the CM exe itself?

Tapley
03-04-20, 11:24 AM
I have very similar issues with Windows 10.

I have read through this thread and almost got it working.

Windows 10, CM 01/02 with patch 3.9.68 including March 2020 data.

I have tried using Hamachi and rAdmin.

- Running compatibility mode Windows 95 (cm0101.exe and IP.exe)
- Deleted file from data folder
- Manually set UP address in ~net.out file
- Set ~net.out file to read only
- Created a network game and all looks OK (correct IP address is showing)

The issue is when another machine tries to connect to the network game. We are connected to the same network in Hamachi or rAdmin. When I search for the IP address, it says the network game can not be found. On a couple of occasions the network game name has automatically appeared in the list, but when I click on it I get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yep that IP file looks normal to me now after running ip.exe in win 95 mode thanks! Windows 10 instructions we need to create i think :D

Tapley
03-04-20, 11:30 AM
Hey Guys - I need a little help if possible as i really want to play a network whilst quarenteened with friends! I have followed the installation to the letter and also the network guide but whenever i start a network game (even if just on my own) it says "The Network game "name" could not be created) I am on Windows 10
I have installed the latest SI patch and the latest Tapani Patch. I am set the game to windows 95 mode and to run as administrator. I have done the IP.exe changes and Hamachi also but im not thinking its network related if i cant even create a network game?
I have moved the game install to another folder in case it was permissional. Anyone ever come accross this before?! I see lots of people having the same error in years old threads via google but no one ever posted a fix for this issue :(.

Edit - I just re-installed everything from scratch and tested it at each stage - i think i found the winning formula!

Install CM
Install Hamachi
Change admin and compatability on EXE file and IP EXE file
Delete Data folder file
Ensure IP.exe is run as admin and old NET file is deleted.
Change ip from your net file to mirror your hamachi ip (note the net file looked really funky till i deleted it and ran IP.exe as admin now it looks more like the instructions you guys have sent out, must be Win 10 Specific)

Now i can create a network game finally!

I am testing this step by step, so installing the SI patch and testing i can still create (which i can) then Tapani patch .... and on.

shaffamctagg
03-04-20, 02:31 PM
Hi there. I am on Windows 10, and I think I've done everything in there?

I have deleted the data file, I have changed the IP address in the net file, I run exe in Win 95, but every time I try to start a network game it says 'Cannot be created'. I was trying to avoid posting this, cos I know people must have answered it elsewhere, but am I missing something? Do I need the patch version rather than the original?

Offside Trap
04-04-20, 12:36 AM
Deleted the Data file? that's not one of the steps mate,

Foggy
04-04-20, 03:05 AM
Deleted the Data file? that's not one of the steps mate,

Hehe... 'File in data folder' was too long... 'data file' had to do.

shaffamctagg
04-04-20, 08:53 AM
Haha. Sorry. The one in the data folder. I have run both files as admin and in win 95, removed the file I am told to remove, changed up to hamachi, turned firewall off. I am stumped now

shaffamctagg
04-04-20, 12:25 PM
Haha. Sorry. The one in the data folder. I have run both files as admin and in win 95, removed the file I am told to remove, changed up to hamachi, turned firewall off. I am stumped now

Ignore me, reinstalled whole game and *appears to work!

japan
04-04-20, 09:16 PM
did you fix the problem ?

Offside Trap
04-04-20, 11:44 PM
Have a view at this video I made, a while back, I posted it on another thread. I advise, maybe doing a fresh install prior,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Xq02E8nRM&t=641s