PDA

View Full Version : Financial Queries

Pages : [1] 2

Cyril Washbrook
19-03-12, 06:27 AM
Something I've noticed while managing Aachen is the complete unwillingness of the board to make more funds available for wages and transfers. After seven seasons, I've turned the club into a permanent fixture in the Bundesliga top four, as well as winning the Champions League and then losing in the final the following year. Combined with astute dealing on the transfer market (average profit of £14 million a year), that has led to a bank balance of £205 million.

Thing is... the transfer budget remains stubbornly low at £26 million while the board refuses to sanction wages any higher than £29,000. This, obviously, is preventing the team from progressing as I would have liked: even if there are quality players coming out of contract, their wage demands are way out of the ball-park. Then, whenever I request more funds, I get the absurd response that "there is simply no more money available for transfer funds".

Obviously I could just use an editor to remedy the situation, but is this kind of experience a regular occurrence?

Fods
19-03-12, 07:46 AM
All of your current players, offer them new contracts and offer them indispensable to the club and max amount you can offer... get more and more people on higher contracts and it opens up more and more money for you to offer new players.. weird but it works

Saints1977
25-05-12, 12:20 PM
right im rangers 34.000.000 in debt have 130.000 to spend who do i go after?
im playing the WWW2 hard tackling tactic pretty succesfully but i havent got the money to resign my players so next season they will all leave, im gonna need some bargains.
im working the debt off pretty well due to ibrox holding 50.000 so 1-2 years ill be back in the money providing i can keep my job any ideas will be appreiciated

Fods
25-05-12, 12:22 PM
What database are you playing?

Goofy
25-05-12, 01:01 PM
With debt more than 15m id expect to see a takeover pretty soon. I tested the latest db starting with minus 30m - got the dept down to just over 10m after a couple of months then had a board takeover in dec/jan

Saints1977
25-05-12, 02:27 PM
What database are you playing?

im using the march 2012

Cam F
25-05-12, 08:06 PM
I tested loads of times, settled on £35 mill debt. Took until start of season 3 before I was taken over in 1 & mostly 2nd season when I had got debt down to £10-15 mill.

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-12, 08:36 PM
this thread title is so very very apt in real life :lol:

sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

ebfatz
25-05-12, 08:45 PM
Wondered how long it would be til you popped in. :lol:
Saw the title earlier and instantly thought you would comment!

BeezerCeltic1967
25-05-12, 08:53 PM
Wondered how long it would be til you popped in. :lol:
Saw the title earlier and instantly thought you would comment!

:lol:

i held off as long as i could :lol:

Goofy
25-05-12, 09:04 PM
:lol:

Fods
26-05-12, 01:32 AM
im using the march 2012

Have a look here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?302-Good-Players-March-2012-Data-ODB-Update

and

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?1109-Useful-Free-players-with-low-wage-requirements-(March-2012-Update)

for some suggestions :ok:

faz44
26-09-12, 08:04 PM
I had a situation where I took over Stoke City 30m in debt and the takeover didn't come until debt reached £440m.

Fiestita
01-10-12, 06:53 AM
Well those guys shoud have gotten lots and lots of euros.

Real Madras
26-11-12, 12:44 AM
Hi, trying to sign an existing player to a new contract and it cancels it -

"Man United's contract offer to Rio Ferdinand has been cancelled as they do not have enough space at the club."

I don't have a particularly large squad so it's not lack of places, and he's already at the club so this shouldn't matter anyway. The finances are there and other players are signing contract extensions. Any reason why this may be?

Cheers.

Dermotron
26-11-12, 12:55 AM
Are you offering him player/coach? Sounds you have too many so sack one or just offer player terms

Coys
26-11-12, 12:56 AM
Are you sure you didn't offer him a role as Player / Coach by mistake?

Therefore if you already have the maximum amount of coaches, the board will block the deal.

ozRooster
26-11-12, 12:59 AM
My expert opinion, It sounds like you've offered him a player coach role and your coaching stocks are already full.

Real Madras
26-11-12, 01:00 AM
That's brilliant, I never noticed that. Thanks a lot.

Coys
26-11-12, 01:04 AM
Feck off OZ i said it first, you aren't taking the glory for this one!

ozRooster
26-11-12, 02:21 AM
I am "The Oracle". All seeing, all knowing....

HagiC
08-12-12, 05:41 PM
Hi, I don't know where I should post this : I would play to CM with less money, in order to get the game more difficult. Could you explain me please how to decrease the money given by the tv and the championship at the end of each season ?
Thanks a lot

Erkifino
08-12-12, 06:12 PM
Wrong area to post...
Not the answer you were looking for but http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=111
You can edit your money so you have none/less.

316'sRegen
08-12-12, 06:13 PM
you need to modify the exe, so you'll have to know about assembly code.

Tapani made changes to this in his patch, but the general population of the forums haven't the first idea where to start with this type of thing.

Thing is, it isn't just an option where you can go and modify a value in atable or something, you would need to find the string of code that refers to this and change it there is the exe.

PerhapsJL would know this, but not seen him around in a while.

HagiC
08-12-12, 06:41 PM
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I don't know how modify this.

HagiC
08-12-12, 06:42 PM
Thanks, but I would something to change the amounts for everyone.

Fods
08-12-12, 10:43 PM
Can't u use John lockes flex tool!

Downloads/tools

316'sRegen
09-12-12, 01:20 AM
did not know that, it seems i posted at the same time as Erkifino too.

they got tools for everything:ok:

Cam F
09-12-12, 01:41 AM
Really? i don't get this thread, within a few seasons, even with reduced cash the game will be the same.

Pokahontas
09-12-12, 09:46 AM
load sweden lower leagues & good luck with a bottom club I say. Preferably in debt, with smallest stadium & no one in the team

Bern
09-12-12, 02:15 PM
load sweden lower leagues & good luck with a bottom club I say. Preferably in debt, with smallest stadium & no one in the team

Or just start anywhere in Italy, except the major clubs.

In my current save, I just promoted Avellino from C1 to Serie B. I had over 1 million pounds of dept and a stadium under 4,000. All my transfers had to be free.

I doubt I will even be able to get out of dept if I start selling off players, as they have very little value.

316'sRegen
09-12-12, 02:18 PM
Really? i don't get this thread, within a few seasons, even with reduced cash the game will be the same.

was thinking that, unless you reduce the following of all clubs and the stadium capacities (which willprobably just be re-instated by the boards) then naturally the bigger clubs become rich.

Best way to play the game is to start at the bottom as Bern was saying, never been a team with no players though :eek:

Kingsley
09-12-12, 02:26 PM
A team with a lot of really bad players can be harder than a tem with no players at all. Having to shift players that nobody wants can be quite a challenge

Fiestita
10-12-12, 12:28 AM
I agree. Best way to make things hard is to manage a team full of shitty players and impose a personal rule of not buying any player. Just use players from youth team. Sometimes it gets real hard if not wibwobbing.

Alan
10-12-12, 01:06 AM
I think if you have to make such rules to make the game fun then the game isn't worth playing any more. It's like wanking with your best friend's hand.

Fiestita
10-12-12, 02:14 AM
Trying harder challenges in the same game is not wrong in my opinion. I enjoy this challenges.

316'sRegen
10-12-12, 03:03 AM
is the hand still attached or have you cut it off of him first?

Bern
10-12-12, 05:02 PM
never been a team with no players though :eek:

I've seen it in past updates though. Its an interesting challenge.

In the current database there are often teams being promoted into the playable leagues that start with no players.

Bern
10-12-12, 05:09 PM
Trying harder challenges in the same game is not wrong in my opinion. I enjoy this challenges.

I agree with you.

Or else why not start every game as Man U or Barca?

Everybody has their own way of getting enjoyment from the game.

Cam F
10-12-12, 05:18 PM
I always start as Dumbarton, no cash, rubbish players & a tiny stadium. A good challenge.

Now Gers are in 3rd Div, sniff sniff, I have gone them in my 0102 game when I play that.

Kingsley
10-12-12, 05:31 PM
I always start as Dumbarton, no cash, rubbish players & a tiny stadium. A good challenge.

Now Gers are fully deserving of being in 3rd Div, sniff sniff, I have gone them in my 0102 game when I play that.

Corrected that for you :)

That does make a very interesting challenge. Try doing something with East Stirling or Elgin City. Totally awfull players absolutely no money and having to compete in the same league as The Rangers, so effectively looking for 2nd place at best.

Fiestita
10-12-12, 07:37 PM
I'm currently playing a game with Burscough with original data from 3.60. The squad had only two young and decent players (for NPD), no cash and a tiny stadium. I also took time to edit most of lower league teams of England, because I found in previous savegames that teams with no stadium got promoted to NPD. Also with no colours. So I've edited most of them, if someone want that kind of database, just ask me.

Resuming, using only players from youth team, I'm already in First Division, won all played leagues, getting promotion in a row, won FA Cup and FA Trophy once, Vans Trophy twice, and currently playing UEFA. This fact proves that playing with a team with no players is easier than playing with a team full of shit.

I'm using non wib/wob tactics.

Pokahontas
12-12-12, 03:47 PM
Or else why not start every game as Man U or Barca? Guardiola doesn't seem to Agree :dance1:

Pokahontas
12-12-12, 03:50 PM
same league as The Rangers, so effectively looking for 2nd place at best. If someone manages to win portuguese league in the 1st year with SCP in this update they've got my eternal :hail:

I found first 3/4 years Porto always achieve 80+ points

Bern
13-12-12, 03:24 PM
Guardiola doesn't seem to Agree :dance1:

LOL.

In my current save, he has managed both QPR and Sunderland.

Actually, I'm sure in each one of my saves he ends up at Sunderland at some point.

Pacino
16-12-12, 04:01 PM
Try with Queens Park from Scotland third division.. national stadium, monthly cost of that ground is enormous and you will very soon come to big debt, one of the biggest challenge for me but manage to make that club won premier division and uefa CL ;)

BlazeRavenwolf
19-12-12, 08:31 PM
In my current game I am Gateshead from the English Conference, I am now in the 2nd Division after only 2 season, I have only signed players on a free, on loan or via exchange deals.

Bern
19-12-12, 08:37 PM
That's a pretty cool accomplishment.

In England though a decent FA Cup run will give your team lots of money, often enough to make the team good for years.

So what do you do when the vultures from the higher divisions come for your good players? Sell them or hold on?

JohnLocke
24-12-12, 07:50 PM
An idea.

Edit the exe so that TV & Prize money are severely reduced.

Then edit all the stadia and club attendances so that they all clubs make lots of money from fans but little from TV revenue.

Then try managing a small club. To make it harder, give yourself a big stadium too - but a low average attendance, this will cost you money in ground maintenance thus reducing your spending power further.

Fiestita
27-12-12, 10:26 PM
That's a pretty cool accomplishment.

In England though a decent FA Cup run will give your team lots of money, often enough to make the team good for years.

So what do you do when the vultures from the higher divisions come for your good players? Sell them or hold on?

Depends. If I'm poor and the offer like £3M or £4M he's sold.

faz44
28-12-12, 11:55 PM
I did this a while back as a test to see if clubs started to run out of money without their 12m per year. I don't remember it doing much.

mcnamee19
29-12-12, 02:15 PM
It's relatively easy to change prize money and tv rights money using zozoa's 'Money Prize' guide and Olly debugger. I have these threads saved from the old forum, is it possible for me to upload them? I also have the Olly debugger set up exe, I will look into uploading this.

EDIT: Please see this thread for an explanation - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?2604-Zozoa-s-Money-Prize-Thread&p=72341#post72341

mcnamee19
29-12-12, 06:10 PM
did not know that, it seems i posted at the same time as Erkifino too.

they got tools for everything:ok:

Seems like I should have read the whole thread before posting the Olly debugger answer :)

I'll be trying this tool out at some point....

mcnamee19
08-01-13, 10:51 AM
This is a method I found that helps to restrict the amount of money you have to spend, it also forces you to look for cheap players of high quality, in order to sell them on.

Using John Locke's Flex tool as mentioned earlier in the post, enter -629,145 for the English Premier division prize money. The winner of the premier league receives -12M for winning the league. The negatuve amount decreases as for each lower position in the league. You may also want to enter 12M for the Prem TV rights, and also bump up the initial starting amounts of cash that the Prem clubs have at the beginning of the game, to ensure that some do not fall into bankruptcy. I also increased the champions league group stage prize money, to put a greater emphasis on gaining CL qualification.

Starting as a small championship club like Peterborough, this is the usual sequence of events(If you get promoted):

Receive 12M TV money -> spend it all on good players -> finish in a decent league position, but enter financial difficulties due to the negative prize money -> hopefully do not enter administration before the next round of TV money comes in, if you do, you potentially lose your top players -> when the TV money comes in it leaves you with relatively little money to spend, so in order to get a large amount of money you will need to sell on your cheap buys for a large amount of money.

Alternatively you could not spend the 12M when you get promoted - Save it, finish lower down the league, and slowly build. I also made some other alterations to the game, which I could post if anyone wants to see them.

316'sRegen
08-01-13, 01:19 PM
that negative prize money the higher you finish is interesting.

reminds me of how the NFL teams that are the worst the prvious season get the first pick in the draft of talented college players.

cassius
21-02-13, 12:59 PM
Hi guys,

I've seen in lower reputation leagues that clubs dont offer high transfer funds even though your bank balance is $$$. I know this can be due to the manager reputation and club reputation but is there any way to change this?

Eg - The Dutch league has a reputation of 12 and the Danish league a reputation of 11. Clubs in NL generally have transfer funds equal to their bank balance, in Denmark they are capped at around £2.5m no matter how big your bank balance...

anyone?
Cheers

Dermotron
21-02-13, 01:37 PM
Prize Money has a big bearing on the amount of transfer fund vs. bank balance

craigibhoy
01-05-13, 12:00 AM
Hi first of all im new here and sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place, so ive downloaded everything i need and including the game it self, i noticed in the latest update(official) something about teams being saved when bankrupt, does this mean that a club can cease to exist like in real life for example gretna. Because in football manager i don't think that happens, well i could be wrong as ive never done a season in fm.

Thanks if someone can clarify that and sorry again if posted in wrong section.

Coys
01-05-13, 12:20 AM
Clubs can't go bust. Stadiums will be shrinked though and facilities will worsen as the situation gets worse. A buyer is usually found quite quickly but there are some cases of clubs going 500+ million in debt years into the game

Bern
01-05-13, 05:03 PM
I once managed a Portuguese team that was over 1 billion pounds in debt.

I could not reject any transfers, no matter how miniscule (it was a D2 team).

All the signings had to be on a free.

mm011g3584
11-05-13, 03:45 AM
Is there any way to increase the amount you can spend in leagues like Germany, Scotland, Portugal etc?

It seems no matter how much money you have in the bank, 25m (or thereabouts) is the most you can spend.

England and Spain don't seem to have this problem and can spend as much as they like...

Any help would be appreciated?

Fods
11-05-13, 03:57 AM
All depends on Reps of the Chairmen I beleive

Dermotron
11-05-13, 04:52 PM
It's worked out based on wages and expenses Vs. attendances & prize money available. If you had a club with a huge average attendance and really low wage bill you'd pretty much get all of your balance.

If you arse around in the Editor you can make this happen easily enough (all players 1k per week, club rep 20, max & average attendance ~100k, balance 130m etc.)

Sam
12-05-13, 02:00 AM
not sure about that Derm. Might it be due to League reputation? I've been at River Plate (rep 18), with over £30m in the bank, average attendance of over 48,000, making loads of money, not spent anything for 2 seasons, and still only a transfer pot of £3.4m. Chairman has 18 for resources as well.

Dermotron
12-05-13, 08:44 AM
Indeed, misread was the query asking about whether it could be done in Eng and Spa. Club Comp Rep has a big bearing on the values. Not as much as you'd think mind you.

Argentina appears to be hardcoded. If Im not mistaken even with 250k average attendance not a lot changes there.

Russia seems indifferent to the original post I made since there is only 300k in prize money but they have decent amounts of money available in season 1. That said lots of clubs have piss poor wages for the non stars

mm011g3584
13-05-13, 05:34 PM
I tried all the above suggestions and even gave myself 250m in the editor and max you can spend is still 25m.

I was fc bayern btw.

Sam
13-05-13, 09:07 PM
That don't seem right to me. I've had more money to spend in Germany with less in the bank with lower reputation clubs.

phil_jackson
06-06-13, 05:39 PM
I don't think they can go bankrupt. I've also seen some strange things.

In Portugal, a lower division club hired Rui Costa after he retired as a player, to be a part-time physical trainer, paying him 400.000 € per month :shocked: Years later, new investors took over and paid like 200 million € to avoid bankruptcy :crazy:

Another stuff happened in Italy, at Fiorentina, a few years later. The club had been champion 4 times in a row (I wasn't managing it), and it paid his players very well : their best eleven were earning between 325.000 and 500.000 € a month. But this series of titles was seemingly going to end very soon as the financial situation of the club was becoming very bad. Well, it didn't exactly happen that way, since new investors brought something around 30 million € to avoid bankruptcy and go on spending big bucks. Definitely no financial fair-play there :twitch:

Sam
06-06-13, 05:52 PM
I've had teams hundreds of millions in debt. It makes for a fun game. But every team seems to get a buy out eventually. On the new update, for all its strengths, one thing i've noticed is so many teams going bankrupt because of the wages reflecting real life wages of players, without the increased TV or prize money revenues.

phil_jackson
06-06-13, 06:16 PM
I've had teams hundreds of millions in debt. It makes for a fun game.

Doens't the board get mad at some point about the financial situation ?

Dermotron
06-06-13, 06:31 PM
On the new update, for all its strengths, one thing i've noticed is so many teams going bankrupt because of the wages reflecting real life wages of players, without the increased TV or prize money revenues.

Only a certain amount of players have had a wage added and most use the rule of £*0.45 or (€*0.85)*0.45). If only the yearly salary that's known then it's divide by 52 also.

So £10m p/a now is approx £4.5m p/a in 2001/02. To get the players wages it's (10000000/52)*0.45 which works out at about 85k p/w in the Editor.

Even in the ODB the same clubs end up going bankrupt over and over Real Sociedad, Lecce. Valladolid etc. and nothing much has changed in that regard. We are working on balancing it out a bit but it's hard, most clubs go bankrupt because of signing on fees rather than wages.

Be great to know the ticketing revenues and how to change/effect them. If you look at some clubs in the game, a club is making about £10 a head where another in the same league could be making £40. Of course prize money changes would help too, Russian Premier Division only awards £1m for 1st in game when the big clubs irl are budgeting about twice that p/w with poor enough average attendances

Sam
06-06-13, 06:51 PM
Be great to know the ticketing revenues and how to change/effect them. If you look at some clubs in the game, a club is making about £10 a head where another in the same league could be making £40. Of course prize money changes would help too, Russian Premier Division only awards £1m for 1st in game when the big clubs irl are budgeting about twice that p/w with poor enough average attendances

I've been thinking of doing this study for a while now. Taking a team from each league in the game and holidaying a season (the 1st season is easiest because you don't get season ticket revenue. This complicates things because although the season ticket revenue is listed at the start of the season, it doesn't say how many season tickets have been sold). Taking the total income from tickets and dividing it by the total attendance for the season's home games. To see the average ticket price set by Eidos for CM01/02. Of course for a truly in depth study, it would have to be done for every team in the game, which would take a long, long time.

It would be interesting to see the results though, and if they were realistic with the match ticket prices at the time.

Dermotron
06-06-13, 06:59 PM
Could be simple enough to set-up initially. Set 2 clubs to 2 different reps but same size stadium, average atremdance, starting budgets, player wages etc and have them play 2 teams (or all) with same rep and note the differences in the weekly intake.

Iirc there are no season tickets sold in season one so hypothetically all in attendance are paying customers.

Doing this in say the conference gonna be vastly different than epl in terms of financially value but the results you'd should be similar ratio's

Sam
06-06-13, 07:01 PM
that's a good idea. I'm going to look into it.

BobMem
11-06-13, 01:05 PM
On my Queens Park save I get zero income from ticket sales. I do get some income annually from season tickets but nothing else. Is this a bug or am I not attracting a single additional paying customer throughout the season (to be fair the football isn't exactly entertaining...)?

Sam
11-06-13, 02:37 PM
On my Queens Park save I get zero income from ticket sales. I do get some income annually from season tickets but nothing else. Is this a bug or am I not attracting a single additional paying customer throughout the season (to be fair the football isn't exactly entertaining...)?

I guess it's possible that everyone gets a season ticket and no-one pays through the gate. Hamden park does hold 50,000 and i'd guess you get about 500 or so each week.
Is it possible that the money from turnstile sales goes to the Scottish F.A.?

Kingsley
11-06-13, 03:42 PM

Lets be honest .... the gate receipts for Queen's Park is the least of your financial worries ! It wouldn't make a dent in the stadium maintenance costs

BobMem
11-06-13, 03:49 PM
Lets be honest .... the gate receipts for Queen's Park is the least of your financial worries ! It wouldn't make a dent in the stadium maintenance costs

True, it adds a different aspect to the game though. For example: if a player from your starting XI gets a decent sized bid from a big team, there is literally no point in selling him unless he gets seriously upset. My record sale was something like £80k and it didn't even make me break even on the month!

I love the board confidence messages: "the club's financial situation could be better"
3 days later: Cash injection (which takes you 'up' to -£100k) :)

I wonder what the gates will be like in the SPL? After all I am in the football capital of Scotland. Surely the ~1800 I'm seeing in D1 will improve? up from ~500 in D3 mind.

Bern
11-06-13, 07:45 PM
I just had a weird situation occur in Italy. I took over Andria in Serie B in the year 2060. The team is 30 million pounds in debt and is listed as bankrupt. Yet despite that I still have transfer funds of 400,000 pounds. Its the first time I ever could pay for transfers with a bankrupt team.

I even got a message saying that I must accept any reasonable offer for any player. Plus my stadium capacity was lowered twice.

Usually when I manage bankrupt teams I could only make free transfers.

phil_jackson
12-06-13, 04:33 PM
I just had a weird situation occur in Italy. I took over Andria in Serie B in the year 2060. The team is 30 million pounds in debt and is listed as bankrupt. Yet despite that I still have transfer funds of 400,000 pounds. Its the first time I ever could pay for transfers with a bankrupt team.

I even got a message saying that I must accept any reasonable offer for any player. Plus my stadium capacity was lowered twice.

You're talking about Fidelis Andria, right ? What's the new stadium capacity there after the downgrades ?

Bern
12-06-13, 04:50 PM
You're talking about Fidelis Andria, right ? What's the new stadium capacity there after the downgrades ?

With the updated database (Sep. 2012) they are actually called Andria BAT. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.S._Andria_BAT

But yes, they are what became of Fidelis Andria after they went bankrupt in real life.

In my game my stadium lost 600 seats on two different occasions dropping it down to 5200 capacity.

ilovesanmarino
12-06-13, 09:32 PM
I managed Queens Park a long time ago and also for a very short time recently, I can confirm they do not get gate receipts. I do not know why this is, if it is a "bug" then it is a consitent one. Under the club history it does calculate a gate receipt for the games, you just dont get it. In real life QP are a fully amateur club, the only in the Scottish league, this may have something to do with it. I am pretty sure that even when I reached the SPL, the receipts I got did not equal those quoted, but it was too long ago to remember correctly.

I also once managed Bahia (I think) in Brazil, they did not get any gate receipts until in the top Brazillian league either.

Sam
12-06-13, 09:42 PM

It happens with some clubs. My Everton save is the same

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3466/minus30m.jpg

Bern
12-06-13, 09:53 PM
There must be a sweet spot where a team can still spend money even though they are massively in debt.

Sam
12-06-13, 09:56 PM
There must be a sweet spot where a team can still spend money even though they are massively in debt.

i'm saying "bugger it" and spending. Some young cheap players I can get for less than 400k that end up top players. If I have to sell them on at least i'll make a profit.

Bern
12-06-13, 09:59 PM
i'm saying "bugger it" and spending. Some young cheap players I can get for less than 400k that end up top players. If I have to sell them on at least i'll make a profit.

Yes! I spent the money too. But I had to. There were a lot of rubbish players when I took the team over.

Plus I needed to replace a couple of good players that kept getting poached and I couldn't reject the transfer.

ilovesanmarino
12-06-13, 09:59 PM
Probably a combination of stats for the owner, cant say I have ever managed to be able to spend when bankrupt, but I do anything to avoid getting bankrupt, the shrinking stadium thing DOES MY HEAD IN!

Sam
12-06-13, 10:00 PM
what's doing my head in with Everton is that i'm in the top half of the Premier League, in the League Cup Final, and yet no buyer, yet Bradford and Derby who are both in the shit as regards their league position have had buy outs!!

ilovesanmarino
12-06-13, 10:06 PM
I am sure that either a patch for CM01/02 or one of the versions betwen CM3 and CM01/02 boasted of "more realistic club rescue" and that "higher profile clubs would be bailed out sooner than lower profile ones" or something like that. I certainly know that this seemed to mean that tiny clubs just languish for years, maybe the game is a Liverpool fan and says Everton are a semi-pro conference side?

Sam
12-06-13, 10:39 PM
just gone £33m in debt, and now been given an extra £25k to spend. Now have a transfer budget of £425k

BobMem
13-06-13, 04:30 PM
I am sure that either a patch for CM01/02 or one of the versions betwen CM3 and CM01/02 boasted of "more realistic club rescue" and that "higher profile clubs would be bailed out sooner than lower profile ones" or something like that. I certainly know that this seemed to mean that tiny clubs just languish for years, maybe the game is a Liverpool fan and says Everton are a semi-pro conference side?

IIRC correctly the Collyers (sp?) were actually Everton fans!

AMC
13-06-13, 04:36 PM
Was gonna say that!

Sam
13-06-13, 07:08 PM
So i've spent the last few days looking into ticket prices and gate receipts in the game, based on reading a post in another thread where the poster said he wasn't receiving any revenue from his home games. The following is my research and what I found out.

Firstly, I set some parameters and for want of a better word, rules. They are the following...

1. Pick 1 team from each division (in England, Premier League to Conference)
2. Each team will play in a 50,000 all seat stadium
3. Each team will have 40,000 min, max and average attendance
4. Each team faced will have a reputation of 10 (5000 in CM Explorer)

I played 20 home games with each team. All of those games were the opening fixture of the first season, because it was easier to calculate due to there being no season ticket sales in year 1. I also had to take into account there would be no "child", "adult" or "concessions" tickets, and each ticket would be of the same value otherwise the research would not have been possible.

The 5 teams I chose were Manchester United, Brighton, Tranmere, Rochdale and Doncaster.

Here are the findings.
(REPUTATION/ATTENDANCE/GATE RECEIPTS/TICKET PRICE)

Manchester United:
20: 49,247 / £325,424 / £6.61
19: 48,787 / £306,538 / £6.28
18: 48,294 / £287,401 / £5.95
17: 47,125 / £264,145 / £5.61
16: 46,718 / £246,530 / £5.28
15: 46,298 / £229,107 / £4.95
14: 45,845 / £211,615 / £4.62
13: 45,425 / £194,951 / £4.29
12: 45,017 / £178,244 / £3.96
11: 44,581 / £161,886 / £3.63
10: 43,341 / £141,961 / £3.28
9: 43,365 / £142,681 / £3.29
8: 43,328 / £128,901 / £2.98
7: 42,931 / £113,425 / £2.64
6: 42,485 / £98,249 / £2.31
5: 42,077 / £83,459 / £1.98
4: 41,643 / £68,688 / £1.65
3: 41,215 / £54,347 / £1.32
2: 40,841 / £40,410 / 99p
1: 40,572 / £26,820 / 66p

Brighton
20: 41,930 / £309,696 / £7.39
19: 41,917 / £309,798 / £7.39
18: 41,813 / £294,295 / £7.04
17: 41,568 / £277,909 / £6.68
16: 41,470 / £262,561 / £6.33
15: 41,405 / £247,697 / £5.98
14: 41,267 / £232,410 / £5.63
13: 41,218 / £217,690 / £5.28
12: 40,857 / £201,070 / £4.92
11: 40,795 / £186,414 / £4.57
10: 40,733 / £171,875 / £4.22
9: 40,636 / £170,687 / £4.20
8: 40,552 / £156,008 / £3.85
7: 40,515 / £141,590 / £3.49
6: 40,429 / £127,115 / £3.14
5: 40,374 / £112,815 / £2.79
4: 40,263 / £98,194 / £2.44
3: 40,194 / £83,888 / £2.09
2: 40,134 / £69,593 / £1.73
1: 40,042 / £55,363 / £1.38

Tranmere
20: 42,019 / £297,601 / £7.08
19: 41,935 / £283,428 / £6.76
18: 41,824 / £269,075 / £6.43
17: 41,570 / £254,030 / £6.11
16: 41,474 / £239,921 / £5.78
15: 41,369 / £226,053 / £5.46
14: 41,283 / £212,134 / £5.14
13: 41,217 / £198,747 / £4.82
12: 40,897 / £183,753 / £4.49
11: 40,782 / £170,008 / £4.17
10: 40,738 / £156,714 / £3.85
9: 40,675 / £156,749 / £3.85
8: 40,592 / £143,340 / £3.53
7: 40,518 / £130,046 / £3.21
6: 40,437 / £116,585 / £2.88
5: 40,373 / £103,399 / £2.56
4: 40,291 / £90,221 / £2.24
3: 40,197 / £76,979 / £1.91
2: 40,113 / £63,845 / £1.59
1: 40,048 / £50,823 / £1.27

Rochdale
20: 15,304 / £88,528 / £5.78
19: 15,301 / £88,697 / £5.79
18: 15,211 / £82,930 / £5.45
17: 14,852 / £74,936 / £5.04
16: 14,732 / £69,038 / £4.69
15: 14,590 / £63,172 / £4.33
14: 14,460 / £57,310 / £3.96
13: 14,362 / £52,028 / £3.62
12: 13,924 / £44,419 / £3.19
11: 13,825 / £39,243 / £2.84
10: 13,746 / £34,302 / £2.49
9: 13,647 / £34,053 / £2.49
8: 13,552 / £29,015 / £2.14
7: 13,463 / £24,143 / £1.79
6: 13,348 / £19,114 / £1.43
5: 13,260 / £14,159 / £1.07
4: 13,148 / £9,376 / 71p
3: 13,058 / £4,662 / 36p
2: 12,977 / £9 / Basically Free
1: 12,852 / £0 / FREE

Doncaster
20: 12,981 / £70,969 / £5.47
19: 12,956 / £66,565 / £5.14
18: 12,870 / £61,944 / £4.81
17: 12,774 / £57,043 / £4.47
16: 12,724 / £55,572 / £4.37
15: 12,693 / £48,223 / £3.80
14: 12,630 / £43,771 / £3.46
13: 12,600 / £39,526 / £3.14
12: 12,435 / £34,489 / £2.77
11: 12,398 / £30,380 / £2.45
10: 12,349 / £26,142 / £2.11
9: 12,303 / £26,419 / £2.15
8: 12,292 / £22,415 / £1.82
7: 12,243 / £18,310 / £1.50
6: 12,211 / £14,143 / £1.16
5: 12,144 / £9,880 / 81p
4: 12,135 / £5,856 / 48p
3: 12,095 / £1,839 / 15p
2: 12,034 / £0 / FREE
1: 12,000 / £0 / FREE

So now here are some observations from the research...

Firstly, for every reputation point that each team dropped, the price per ticket went down by between 30 and 35p. This was the biggest difference maker in overall gate revenue, rather than attendance drop. The attendances themselves didn't drop all that much, with the most drastic being in the Premier League.

Probably the most surprising finding was that the game made matches in Division 1 and 2 more expensive than in the Premier League.

When you get into Division 3 and the Conference, no matter what your average attendance is set at in the pre game editor, the actual attendances seem to be much lower.

As you can see in the research, there are 2 main anomalies. The first one is that from reputation 20 to 19, 2 of the clubs' ticket prices didn't drop, and the other, which was the same for all clubs, is that from reputation 10 to 9, ticket prices stayed about the same, and in some cases even increased. This leads me to believe that your club would be better off financially having an in-game reputation of 9 rather than 10.

Lastly (although i've probably missed loads of stuff out), as for the ticket prices themselves, the developers of the game seriously under-valued them. I can't remember off the top of my head how much it was to go and watch Manchester United in 2001/02, but i'm sure it was more expensive than £6.61 per person.

I'm thinking of extending this research into the other leagues in the game, although it is time consuming and f*****g repetitive. I hope this research is an interesting read for you.

Louis
13-06-13, 07:56 PM
12,034 people go to watch Rochdale and total revenue is £9. That's a rough average of 0.075p a ticket.

I'd like to see people attempt to pay not even a tenth of a penny at the gates.

Great read by the way. I have a thing for statistics, it will be interesting to see if other leagues work on a similar system or if they are completely different.

ilovesanmarino
13-06-13, 08:11 PM
Brilliant research. Well done for taking the time to do this.

e the reputation of the leagues as this must be what is influencing the attendance.
you fixed each team at 40k
In the premier league (20) the actual attendence varied from 100% of this to 125%
In the championship (12) League 1 (9) it was roughly 100% to 105%
For league 2 (6) 32% to 39%
for conference 30% to 32%
In Scotland the premier league is reputation 8 and div3 just 2!

JohnLocke
13-06-13, 08:15 PM
I seem to recall calculating ticket prices of (I think) the Club World Championship final - it worked out to be exactly £25 per person (assuming I got 50% of the cash).

Sam
13-06-13, 08:16 PM
Scotland is the league I was thinking about doing next. If not i'll get round to it for sure. As I said it's easy enough to do, just repetitive because you have to load game, play match, do the sums, retire, quit game, edit the save, load back up, repeat.

Sam
13-06-13, 08:18 PM
I'm wondering now if having a country as "Developed" or "Developing" makes a difference to how much clubs charge per ticket.

JohnLocke
13-06-13, 08:26 PM
Even though the game doesn't give any season ticket money the game must have got some notion of season ticket holders, i.e. you aren't getting money from everyone in attendance - otherwise ticket income per match would drop off in season 2 and beyond and I haven't noticed that to be the case.

That would also explain why £0 was received lower down, especially with a low rep, as if nobody went - unless they had already got a season ticket (albeit one you didn't get any money for).

Sam
13-06-13, 08:34 PM
so then using the Rochdale example, all 12,852 people were home fans and all had a season ticket? That doesn't quite work either.
And if season ticket were taken into account during the 1st season, then the average ticket price would be even lower.

JohnLocke
13-06-13, 08:44 PM
But season ticket prices won't have any bearing on how much you receive on match day - that money is already in the bank. So, for example, the £325,424 Man Utd received in the first example wouldn't be £6.61 per person as an unknown number of the 49,247 in attendance will have held season tickets and therefore not have paid anything to get in.

ilovesanmarino
13-06-13, 08:46 PM
I have always wondered if there are season ticket holders at all. Having taken some sides to the top leagues abroad with tiny stadiums, I figured there wouldnt be any room left for anyone to buy a ticket on the gate but both went up, making we wonder if season tickets is just "free money"

ilovesanmarino
13-06-13, 09:13 PM
ah well in that case it will explain why Everton get to move to Kings Dock!

AMC
13-06-13, 09:16 PM
That's because at the time that was set to happen.

I think one of the later official patches removed the stadium move but I could be wrong.

Dermotron
13-06-13, 10:00 PM
Excellent job Sam :ok:

No doubt the point JL has some bearing but fascinating nonetheless

316'sRegen
14-06-13, 12:01 AM
It does seem like there are season ticket monies that come in at the appropriate time in the close season.

I tend to be waiting at this time and keep hitting player and staff search to check the top right (Available Transfer Funds)

Kingsley
14-06-13, 08:58 AM
Interesting research there. If you were to subtract the number of season tickets sold from the attendance figures and used that as the number of people paying at the gate, do the figures look any more sensible ? I think that some sort of calculation must be made as the highest gate receipts are always for cup games, where season ticket holders would have to pay to get in.

316'sRegen
14-06-13, 10:46 AM
Are there season ticket holders anywhere in the financial data for the club?

I think that's the problem, Eejit. does it tell us the amount of season tickets sold somewhere in game or is it all guesswork?

I suppose there is some reality to it as well though, I mean there's box seats as well that get sold on a seasonal basis and they don't pay on the day and could account for up to as many as a few thousand people (if every box was packed out). A certain amount of free/promotional tickets would be handed out and won in prizes as well probably and any scouts could probably easily get in free to any game they want.

I'd say it's some kind of formula using the clubs following (min/max whatever it is) and reputation and recent results of you and your opponent that give you the attendance, while the actual money brought in will be obviously dependent on those previous numbers but will probably include your grounds state of repair (sneakers in perhaps :lol:) and possibly your chairman's stats (there's a stat for attracting money i think or something like that)

Dermotron
14-06-13, 10:53 AM
The best way to trying quantify the season ticket sales is the 1st game of season 2 since you'd have some sales data. But that's could take 6 months to do!

Kingsley
14-06-13, 12:10 PM
The number of season tickets is a bit of guesswork. With East Stirling on my current save, the revenue was quite a small £11,704, so I made an assumption that all were the same price and that there was a round number of pounds each. Not much divides into 11,702, so it wasn't hard to work out 72 tickets sold at £157 each. (which sounds not unreasonable). It might be a bit harder to calculate for Barcelona though. I might go back and look at the gate receipts after the first game and take away the season tickets from the attendance to see what every one paid for that game.

ilovesanmarino
14-06-13, 07:54 PM
I'm going to stick to my guns on this, I do not believe season ticket holders actually exist. I believe it simply gives you free money based on repuation/attendance and none of them ever visit a game. The reason for this is tht in none of the editors I use is there a field for "season ticket holders" it gives the max, min and average attendance, plus repuation etc but there is no field for this. Plus, as I have said, surely when getting a club with a stadium of 5000 to the top league and filling it each game, they would all be season ticket holders, leaving little or no room for gate receipts. I imagine uses a formula similar to those in use for gate receipts but gives you this in one go at the start of the season.

BobMem
14-06-13, 08:18 PM
That's some great research, well played!

Queen's Park update: Now earning gate receipts in the SPL. Seems to come and go though. £270k for the year to early Feb, with an average attendance in the league of 6058 (still 46000 empty seats though :))

Sam
14-06-13, 10:57 PM
That's some great research, well played!

Queen's Park update: Now earning gate receipts in the SPL. Seems to come and go though. £270k for the year to early Feb, with an average attendance in the league of 6058 (still 46000 empty seats though :))

Thanks Bob. It was your post about not getting any gate receipts with Queens Park that inspired me to do this so thank you.

Kingsley
15-06-13, 10:13 AM
I may have miscalculated the figures when I first looked at East Stirling, but in my defense, it did make a better story selling just 72 season tickets !

Anyway, replaying and going into the first game of the season, I had £10,920 in season ticket sales. For that game, we had a crowd of 665 and made £3,177 in gate receipts.

I made an assumption at this point that the gate price would be a round number of pounds, and 3,177 is exactly dividable by 9 so £9 per ticket sounds about right. That being the case 3,177 / 9 = 353 paying at the gate.

That would leave 665 - 353 = 312 getting in for free, presumably the season ticket holders.

£10,920 / 312 = £35.

Coincidence that the sums add up exactly ? £35 for a season ticket doesn't sound much but not everything in the game is realistic. I may try this with another small club in another country to see if I can get the numbers to add up.

Kingsley
15-06-13, 10:28 AM
Further, looking at the figures from my original post (different save game) the £11,704 season ticket revenue could well have been 314 season tickets sold at £36 each. Figures very close to those above. Unfortunately I have no way of going back to find out the gate receipts from that first home league game.

JohnLocke
15-06-13, 10:51 AM
I ran a quick test with Celtic a few days ago, here are the incomes and attendances of the 1st game of the season:

£343,801 - 54,677
£319,636 - 54,688
£333,377 - 54,718
£352,768 - 54,712

Save game was reloaded each time. Income seems to be somewhat random - between the 1st and 2nd for example the difference in attendance is only 11 people but income is £24,000 different.

316'sRegen
15-06-13, 01:25 PM
away fans are probably charged more as well :evil:

if your next opponent has won 3 on the bounce they bring a better following

Kingsley
17-06-13, 09:38 AM
I've been doing a bit more experimenting.

Firstly with East Stirling, where after 5 home league games, the formula is absolutely solid. Based on a season ticket price of £35 and a gate price of £9, everything adds up perfectly.

I tried the same with Carmarthen in Wales and Braintree in Wales and although the numbers were slightly different, the formula still worked and I could calculate the season ticket and gate price for both clubs.

Then it got a bit more tricky when I went overseas. The numbers were close, but just didn't quite work. It was when the season ticket revenue at one club became I prime number, I knew something wasn't right. That was when I decided it must be a currency calculation, and sure enough, when I tried a Norwegian team and a Croatian team in local currency, the sums added up.

All well and good, but there were still some teams where I couldn't make the calculation. What I have noticed is that when a stadium is only partly seated, and the attendance is more than the number of seats, then the numbers don't add up. Presumably there are different season ticket and gate prices for the seated and unseated areas of the ground, and that is something that would be impossible to calculate. I do however stand by the claim that the formula of gate receipts / (attendance - season tickets) = gate price

BobMem
17-06-13, 10:42 AM
Great work. I felt sure that would be the formula for calculating as it would explain the zero gate receipts I was experiencing at lowly Queen's Park. Basically the attendance never exceeded the season ticket sales!

Kingsley
17-06-13, 10:45 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Team is so bad, even the season ticket holders don't turn up !

BobMem
17-06-13, 11:34 AM
Do you think playing a sweeper, 4 at the back and 4 DMs is not an exciting enough tactic?!

Must try something more adventurous, like playing someone in the opponent's half...

Kingsley
17-06-13, 11:41 AM
Behave. Craig Levine patented that tactic while Scotland Boss

ilovesanmarino
26-06-13, 10:31 PM
ok so I got San Marino Calcio to Serie A, they have a 7000 seater stadium and max out the capacity in Serie B, I also got Real Madrid C to La Liga, they have a 2000 capacity stadium, which they max out in D2B, and I can safely say that I was talking a load of crap, the gate receipts did go down. It's harder to tell because I suppose while there are fewer people buying on the door, they pay more for the ticket and it balances out. Also I did generally did better in cup competitions as I went up the league and so got a boost there. I presume there is a cap to the percentage of seats reserved for season tickets though because the gate receipts dont reach zero.

the Devil's Advocate
29-07-13, 07:50 AM
Hi all,

I'm playing the CM with the .65 update (with the original database). In the second season, I took over at Vitesse (Dutch Premier Division) who were 17th with 1 win and 7 losses from 8 games. I came in was amazed by the 23,5 million euros debt. A closer look at the finances showed me that while the club had been splashing out at signing on fees (a whopping 5,5 million during the first season), the biggest problem was the wage bill which ran at 1,7 million a month. I calculated the break-even point by calculating the operational result of the first season (so transfer income/spending, signing on fees etc. were not included) and concluded that I had to trim the wage bill by roughly 14,5 million euros! That's about 500k euros a month... There were guys on the payroll for 130k a month, which was obviously insane.

My main question is: Is there any way to do calculate your break-even point in the first season? If you start a new game with Vitesse, they also have a wage bill of 1,7 million a month. How do you know of this is a realistic amount? Sure, after a few months you will notice that you are making huge losses, but in some leagues you get a lot of prize and TV money at the end of the season/start of next season which can make up for those losses... How do you know?

My second question: Is there any way to force (expensive) players out. I'm at the end of the second season now (finished 10th while selling players like crazy) and doing quite good financially (the wage bill is down to 800k euros a month), but there are two very expensive players who I need out (Stefan Nanu, a 34-year-old with a contract worth 85k euros a month which runs for another 4 (!!!) years, and Bob Peeters who is on a whopping 130k euros a month). I have let them rot in the reserves all season, set their asking price to 0 and occasionally took them off the tansfer list only to put them right back on again to try to spark new interest (which works quite well in most cases). However, there is NO interest whatsoever. Should I fine them for no reason (not really my style)? Should I give them a few games to generate interest?
I need them gone! To give you an idea: I always work with a squad of 24 players. If I divide my budget (500k euros a month) evenly among the 24, the are allowed to earn a little over 20k euros a month each (so 130k euros a month is not acceptable!).

My third question: a few months after I took over, the club was sold to a new board of directors, the debts were cleared. Naturally, I still wanted to tighten the ship financially, but I wondered how much harm there was in running clubs into the ground financially? They will be rescued anyway after some time, right? So while I'm stuck with bargains, the competition buys the good players (for good money and insane salaries) which makes it impossible for me to compete. And after they go bust, someone clears their debt and they remain ahead of me...?

My last question (just out of curiosity): who do you guys handle finances? Do you guys calculate break-even points as well or am I really the nerd my wife says I am? :becky:

Thanks!

Redknapp69
29-07-13, 08:02 AM
I'm guessing you're an accountant in real life :)

If I want to ship players on I give them a few games and have their value at £0. £0 usually generates interest and when a club bids £0 I counter back with a price (but more usually with exchange for their highest value players willing to move to me) then the club counters back with a decent fee (sometimes 2-3 times more than my player is worth!) and he's then sold

I ALWAYS get 25% sell on rule whenever I sell players as well which guarantees some future income

I don't really fine players to force them out as may upset rest of squad

If you wanna keep cost low use the loan market and scout for good youngsters

Although likely to be rescued, if you're not rescued the club can be in a situation where its forced to accept ANY reasonable offer for ANY player - thus potentially losing players you don't want to sell

Cam F
29-07-13, 12:59 PM
Me too, set value to nil for players you want out. Then once you get a couple of bids maybe start asking for cash when further bids come in.

edu_filipe
13-08-13, 07:42 PM
Hello my Championship Manager friends :D
I have an issue, and I want to know If anyone can help me.
I play Championship Manager 01/02 with the latest update, and i've started with Bayern and another friend of mine with Dortmund.
The problem is that, we can sell all the squad , make like 100M€ in sells , and the transfer fund of these teams is always 34M€/36M€.
We've tested, selling Bayern, Lewandowski, Goetze, Reus, for over 100M€ and still the transfer fund of Dortmund was 36M€ eventhough I had 106M€ in the cash of he club. Seems that he transfer funds just don't go up in these clubs.
Can you help me? Is there a solution?

ilovesanmarino
14-08-13, 10:16 AM
The amount you are offered to spend depends on your reputation, time at club, club income (not cash reserves) and boards own financial judgement

merkezekrem
14-08-13, 01:51 PM
Keep in mind that you can spend that 36M again. It is not the total but more like a limit for a player

wato20
14-08-13, 03:14 PM
Yes.

If u then spent £30 million on one player, the funds available to spend wudnt go down by £30 million.

MVP
28-08-13, 01:30 PM
Calculating break even points, oh my! I've never done that lol But it would be great to do in lower leagues as you tend to run a tight ship.

As far as generating interest, everything you've done so far looks good except I would give them a few games. I'm hoping that their is some talent behind their expense (!) So I wouldn't stick them in the reserves. Keep them as squad players. Also you can try off loading them through player exchange, offering the unwanted player + cash for someone you're after, even if it's at a loss, as it should pay for itself in the long run.

316'sRegen
28-08-13, 01:57 PM
:lol: break even points? wowee!

Never had any trouble in that area of the game to be honest, although I wouldn't generally take over a club with massive wages in the first place.

I am quite scotch-jewish when it comes to the finances though, for example if a player asks for too much wages he doesn't get signed. Not too much as in the club can't afford it, too much as in I decide how much wages they are worth. We normally meet in the middle in most cases. Also most signings I will pick up for free and sell on for tens of millions, that always helps :)

If you are determined to calculate seasons wages at the outset, you can go to game settings and change the way players wages are displayed to monthly or annual amounts.

BlackyM
04-09-13, 02:27 AM
I for example always have tight control over my finances. I find this part of CM very unrealistic, boards always bringing you out of trouble when you go into red.

So, my moto is, never get into red in a first place. If I go into red, I already have a plan how to get out of it.
By selling players or winning prizes.

I try for me to be as much harder as I can, and as more realistic as I can.

So for example, in Premier League, if my team has a stadium out of 20 000 seats, I will extremely rarely sign a player with a salary over 900 000 pounds per years, most probably I will sign those who want 500-600k which is minimum they want.
Also, I will first try to sign them with as lowest signing fee as possible.

Once player really wants new contract, I sell him as I cannot pay 10+ players with 2-3mil per players, and buy another one that I can actually pay. Once I accumulate enough money to sustain for longer time, I build up my stadium if I can, if not, then I raise my salaries bar by a bit.
Here and there I have higher paying player, but only if he really deserves it.

Example, I won Premier league with team salaries total 17 million, while other teams had much higher. Due to fact that I already had a lot of money, I raised it to 30 million in next 3 seasons, won CL 3 times in a row.

In network game that I played with 4 of my friends in Spanish League, I had lowest salaries as Zaragoza, 40 mil, while highest salaries had another friend with 70 mil as Deportivo. Here I really had to have somewhat higher salaries than in single player mode, as they are really good
I was 4x 2nd, 1x 3rd, 1x 1st, won Champions League and Uefa Cup, and cup several timesin 7 seasons. Had highest amount of trophies than any of them.

Considering my team, these salaries are actually small

Sommer
Banana, Badstuber, Pique, Chielini
O. Torres, Battaglia
Hazard, Muller, Torje
Aguero

subs
Steele
Salvador Agra
Yanga-Mbiwa
Smirnov
Herrera
M'Vila
Falcao
G. Cahill
Leandro Damiao

plus my B team...was Champion of Spanish Segunda and always near top of it...so at least 20+ players more than I mentioned.

All that in 40 mil ;)

However there is one more info

I bought total 110 players in worth of 409k million
I sold total of 97 players in worth of 407k million

so my success wasn't really on earning on those transfers, but on carefully planned finances and transfer policy.
Ironically highest fee paid was for Mesut Ozil, 23 mil, he played only 8 games, and was then sold to Barcelona for 16.5 mil...in the same season

Fods
04-09-13, 06:25 AM
four hundred and 9 thousand million?

316'sRegen
04-09-13, 09:31 AM

thousand million's a billion innit?

Fods
04-09-13, 12:16 PM
Don't know. He'd of said billion tho Shirley

316'sRegen
04-09-13, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

BlackyM
04-09-13, 03:59 PM
four hundred and 9 thousand million?

409 000 000 pounds

that "k" is m8splaced

316'sRegen
04-09-13, 04:05 PM
409 000 000 pounds

that "k" is m8splaced

:couch:

Fods
04-09-13, 11:21 PM
409 000 000 pounds

that "k" is m8splaced

m8splaced?

BlackyM
05-09-13, 01:35 AM
m8splaced?

you have a problem with that? :)

Fods
05-09-13, 01:36 AM
Well it reads

Matesplaced..... not really a word.... :D

JLa
05-09-13, 09:40 AM
How to run a (financially) tight ship in CM?

- don't play as Newcastle. Everything seems alright at first, but then they start asking for higher wages. All of them. And they won't settle for less than 60 000 £ a week. So basically, you have the choice between a squad full of unhappy players or a bankrupt club. I play hardball and chose the former. "- You have signed a five year contract, now shut up and deal with it". Luckily morale doesn't really affect performance in this game..

ebfatz
05-09-13, 11:12 AM
I found that.
Like a month into the season the first one starts. You give it to him and then everyone else wants a new improved wage as well.

If you don't give the first one his new contract they just start moaning and it ripples through the whole squad.

Fods
06-09-13, 06:53 AM
That's the French for you :ok:

mike66howie
27-09-13, 01:42 PM
Can you increase the competition money

milo
27-09-13, 01:59 PM
you need this: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=147

run it and choose tv & prize money

Leniin36
01-10-13, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone !

I play so many seasons and have bad situation. My tranfer funds $0 ... i can't buy any players, i can't offer new contract to my players.... just can play and wait, when my players go to another club...
Have any ideas to fix this problem ?

If i ask BOARD to give me some trabfer money, theu told be ... no need for this time.

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5005/35842609.0/0_76656_12774bc7_L.png

Fods
01-10-13, 10:28 PM
1.99 billion

Use a Save game editor to reduce your balance by a few billion and see if that works

ebfatz
01-10-13, 10:56 PM
Fods has the best option.

You could try and increase your capacity. That should use up some but yeah you have too much money so your transfer funds have gone over the upper limit. Can't remember the exact amount.

AMC
01-10-13, 11:10 PM
Over £2.36 billion your balance shows as zero, but when it's happened to me I still could spend money.

This is different though, probably best do as Fod says.

Leniin36
02-10-13, 06:13 AM
I trying use Save game editor, but after, when i try load save game .. she crush with diffrents errors and close the CM...

anyway , thx for your help guys

Fods
02-10-13, 06:14 AM
Upload your save game and I will fix it for you :ok:

Leniin36
02-10-13, 07:33 AM
save game - 1.5 Gb....

may be i use wrong program to fix problem?
Can you link me your version ?

sebastiankogut
02-10-13, 10:22 AM
Awards in Champions League and Europa Cup are very low

Fods
02-10-13, 10:22 AM
Couldn't agree more. Bravo

Leniin36
02-10-13, 03:27 PM
I download Save Gane editor from this side and fix my problem.
Thx for your's help guys :)

sebastiankogut
07-10-13, 07:39 AM
How I can put in FLEX real prize money for Champions League and UEFA Cup, i know where it is but i do not know prize for First, Secend Round , draw, win...

Dermotron
07-10-13, 01:03 PM
IIRC, the prize money for a competition is given as a pool rather than individual club. So 200m for a competition is divided up using the programming that use it before.

I may be wrong, hopefully JohnLocke can confirm

Kingsley
07-10-13, 02:49 PM
In real life, the CL prize money gets shred by other clubs in the local FA, so while Celtic took the bulk of the money from their group stage qualification, clubs like Partick Thistle earned about £70k

Dermotron
07-10-13, 04:58 PM
I was referring to the Prize Money app in Flex 2 :ok: At least I think that's how it works. Even though I did make a mistake before and Bundesliga was awarding 170m to the team in last place. Tiny clubs paying 500k a week for squad players :lol:

There's also this thread which is more on the advanced side of things - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2604

jpparsons
09-11-13, 02:54 PM
Firstly, great site, and great updates !

I've downloaded numerous previous updates and used them without any obvious issues.

I've recently downloaded and started to play the latest update as Liverpool. I'm in my second season, having qualified for the Champions League in my first, yet I'm now losing about £2 million a month !? I've only bought one player who is on a wage of note, and have given out new contracts to most of my players, but nothing I've not done countless times before such that it led to me seeing what I am now ?

I think I've narrowed this down to something not being quite right with gate receipts. I recently played a Champions League second stage group game, and a message appeared to inform me I'd set a record for gate receipts of £900k. I look at my income and I see £435k for the match ? For league games I'm getting about £135k, or £3 a ticket, which can't be right can it !?

Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix ?

Thanks.

Kingsley
11-11-13, 01:08 PM
League games you have season tickets in the attendance who don't pay. There is a thread somewhere that I worked out how much a season ticket was for a small club and therefore how much for a match day ticket. With bigger club it gets more complicated as there are seated and non-seated prices.

For the CL games, all of the gate receipts should show in your income. I'm sure that they aren't shared, so I don't understand that one.

wato20
11-11-13, 01:51 PM
You get the Season Ticket money at the start of each season.

And then lose money on wages throughout the year.
But you have to hope that your overall yearly expenditure is not more than your overall income.
Tricky.

ilovesanmarino
12-11-13, 12:02 PM
Chumps league and cup games income is shared, this is how I play the game, manage a team from Ni or wales, qualify for europe, lose 8-0 but take more gate receipts from the away game than my entire income for the rest of the season

Dermotron
12-11-13, 01:58 PM
manage a team from Ni or wales, qualify for europe, lose 8-0 but take more gate receipts from the away game than my entire income for the rest of the season

Yep, this is a great way of getting a big team in a small league together. On a minor nations tour save atm (Croatia, Ireland, Wales, N.Ireland, Finland, Norway, Poland etc) and an away leg against Milan brought us 500k which was 10 times the amount of money spent the previous 3 seasons.

Cgnanca85
28-11-13, 05:59 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to update the prize money for where you finish in each league as you don't get a lot for winning the prem and champs league? I struggle to keep Torquay in the prem as I cant expand the stadium past 20000 so cant keep buying the better players as I lose them once they want 30 and 40k a week. I don't want to change all the stats just the prize money so when I finish well I then receive a decent sum to reinvest.

Cheers

Dermotron
29-11-13, 10:45 AM
Have a look at post 2 in this thread. Going to take some trial & error though, don't think there is a comprehensive list of the value changes

Bobinjo
21-03-14, 08:38 PM
i mean, if i want to get rich super fast, which league should i pick? english, italian, spanish? or should i just go with mancity or psg?

Alan
21-03-14, 09:18 PM
All depends on ground capacity to a large extent. Big clubs in Italy and Germany can rake in massive money quickly, Germans specifically more still in the longrun as their stadiums seem to get huge. England I think has the best prize money but you might find you will need to spend a lot on players in the first few years in order to compete if you are shit club like Cardiff of Man Utd.

Sam
22-03-14, 07:10 PM
IMO either of the top 2 in Spain, you'll make fortunes fast, Bayern or Dortmund in Germany too. With any of those teams you've already got the squad to dominate and you can just watch the money come rolling in. England is also good for any team but I agree with Alan in as much as you'll have to spend money to make money there, so unless you're Chelsea or someone like that you won't be making money at first.

Bobinjo
25-03-14, 06:09 PM
thanks for the replies, guys!

Profa
27-03-14, 06:57 PM
I like to play original season 01/02 with tapani 2.19 patch, but i noticed it's hard to sell players, even great ones.I put them on transfer list, but mostly no one is interested.What should I do?
My main goal is to make young players good and sell them.

Sam
27-03-14, 07:21 PM
I like to play original season 01/02 with tapani 2.19 patch, but i noticed it's hard to sell players, even great ones.I put them on transfer list, but mostly no one is interested.What should I do?
My main goal is to make young players good and sell them.

If you transfer list someone and no-one is interested then go back to their valuation screen, set their value to 0, confirm, then go back again, auto value them, and confirm again. Alot of the time you'll start to get bids in for the player within a few days (although not always at his full valuation, you're still getting bids which you can negotiate).

ajra21
03-04-14, 02:34 PM
on a related note, i won the title with LFC in the first year (i was kinda stunned given i spent now money) but i lost a fortune, somewhere like £39m in that year. thankfully, the board agreed to increase the ground (now 61,000 capacity) but if i hadn't sold skrtel, tour & enrique, i'd have hit the red. throw in the prize & ECL money and i was fine.

however, without the ground expansion, i calculated i'd have to drop my wage bill by 40% to not lose money.

ajra21
03-04-14, 10:30 PM
on the recent update, i found most of my team wanting new deals very soon. i gave the to them but figured that it wouldn't keep the club in the black. i sold a small handful at the end of the year and had the stadium expanded so i'm hoping things will get easier.

however, i'm gonna have to sell some more big earners again because i've brought in a lot of good young players on wages that aren't expensive for their talent but were large than my previous bunch of reserves.

Fods
04-04-14, 12:41 AM
Is this on the March update or the Autumn update?

ajra21
04-04-14, 04:54 AM
am looking to send some of my higher paid reserves out of on loan. all of my reserves are listed for loan. none have been enquired about?

Fods
04-04-14, 05:05 AM
Which players are they and what's their reps like?

zionmaster
04-04-14, 09:45 AM
How to run a (financially) tight ship in CM?

- don't play as Newcastle. Everything seems alright at first, but then they start asking for higher wages. All of them. And they won't settle for less than 60 000 £ a week. So basically, you have the choice between a squad full of unhappy players or a bankrupt club. I play hardball and chose the former. "- You have signed a five year contract, now shut up and deal with it". Luckily morale doesn't really affect performance in this game..

Medium clubs are the same: Stocke City, Southamton, Everton... :frusty: I can reach top 1, League cup, FA cup in the first seanson. But the prizes are not enough to keep my good players: Robert Huth, Ryan Shawcross (Stokes), Luke Shaw, Lovren, Gastón Ramírez (South) or Ross Barkley, Kevin Mirallas (Everton) . Next season, I loss my best players with very cheap cost from top clubs anh new season will be awful for me:( Haizzz

ajra21
04-04-14, 02:07 PM
Is this on the March update or the Autumn update?

march update.

Which players are they and what's their reps like?

well, they're all young (under 22yo) and quite a few are under 21 capped. i'd say half of them are very good prospects, some are good prospects - all would start in the championship?

martijnrikkert414
04-04-14, 02:13 PM
Yo can also buy players for zero, when the wanted first squad, you can pick them up for free. At the transfer you say I pay zero and you only make and obligation when the play 50 games then you pay the transferprice (marketprice) of the player, sell the player after one year when the player hasn't reach the 50 games.

zionmaster
05-04-14, 04:51 PM
Yo can also buy players for zero, when the wanted first squad, you can pick them up for free. At the transfer you say I pay zero and you only make and obligation when the play 50 games then you pay the transferprice (marketprice) of the player, sell the player after one year when the player hasn't reach the 50 games.

Treated way :rip: I always use this way when I manager small or medium club :happy: Luke Shaw, 6 millions for tranfer and 20 millions after his first international match then I can save my remain team :happy:

Libertine
12-04-14, 08:13 AM
....when you use Tapani 2.19 Patch. Why is this, and how do I change it?

Sam
12-04-14, 10:09 AM
I don't know why it is but I think the flex editor allows you to change it.

jassi
15-04-14, 06:10 PM
It seems that the game sometimes takes more money from the club´s bank account in wages than it should. I recently began playing with Turkish side Agrispor and at the beginning of August my total wages (players + staff) are 11 625 euros. Yet there is 15 900 euros in the expenditure chart concerning wages on the first week of the month. I checked this out with some other clubs as well, began a season, went on holiday for a while and as suspected, the wages taken from the club, didn´t match what they were supposed to be. On the other hand, in my Dortmund save, the wage taken is correct. I wonder why this is so. Does the chairman every once in a while sneak some money in his own pocket? Or do they sometimes pay secret wage to us managers? Maybe just a bug, afterall. Any idea how to fix it?

I have 3.9.68 patch. Also tried with 3.9.60, the result is the same.

Dermotron
15-04-14, 06:13 PM
Bonus payments i.e. goals, assists and clean sheet bonuses

jassi
15-04-14, 06:22 PM
In Agrispor save, no games been played in August before the first´s week wages.

Craig Forrest
15-04-14, 06:22 PM
I like the idea that the Chairman is skimming some off the top :D

BeezerCeltic1967
15-04-14, 06:31 PM
Sir Craig Whyte at play??
Or mad minty murray??

jassi
15-04-14, 07:00 PM
It seems that it varies between clubs how much is really paid compared to how much is supposed to. Did some calculating, some clubs pay pretty close to what´s supposed to, some pay way more. Take Genoa for example, total wage bill for whole squad is 200k (this sum I have so far found out to be accurate). Staff takes 5,7k so it should around 205,7k. Yet in the expenditure chart it says 252k. No matches been played at all. I guess in the future when selecting a team, number one criteria will be for me whether they pay the real wages or not. Unless looking for a challenge with paying 150% in wages :)

Sam
15-04-14, 09:46 PM
Are you actually counting each individual player's wage manually or going on this:

http://i58.tinypic.com/5oba5u.jpg

If you're going by this, just to let you know it's only a more-or-less of what your total wage bill is.

jassi
15-04-14, 09:48 PM
Does anyone else playing with the regular 3.9.68 patch, no other updates, have the same problem? You can check it in 5 minutes. Start a new game e.g with Genoa, click continue for a few days that the first wages are taken from the account. Then add staff wages to the total wage bill of the squad. Then see whether it matches the amount in expenditure chart.

jassi
15-04-14, 09:52 PM
Yes that figure is rounded by a few kilos. I´m speaking of bigger indifferences.

jassi
15-04-14, 09:55 PM
Didn´t first notice your first queston. I first counted manually each player but after it was twice the same as the total wage bill, I began taking it for truth.

Fods
15-04-14, 09:55 PM
It amazes me how people make such a simple game so complex

jassi
15-04-14, 10:12 PM
Some, I for instance, enjoy playing a game with a touch of realness. Potentially paying a lot more in wages than should takes some of that away.

Sam
15-04-14, 10:14 PM
Some, I for instance, enjoy playing a game with a touch of realness. Potentially paying a lot more in wages than should takes some of that away.

think of the extra money as the kit man, bus driver, tea lady etc :ok:

jassi
15-04-14, 10:19 PM
think of the extra money as the kit man, bus driver, tea lady etc :ok:

Guess I´ll have to. In some clubs they better be world class since they take one third of the total wages :whip:

316'sRegen
15-04-14, 10:55 PM
It's obviously the backroom staff, coaches, directors, marketing team, the guys who work in the souvenir shop, the burger van staff, the groundskeeper, the kit man etc etc etc.

The wage bill there says (squad) so there is much more than this to running a club, obviously.

The bigger the club (stadium and so on) the bigger the discrepancy. would be my hypothesis.

edit: didn't see you already said that Sam :ranger:

jassi
16-04-14, 03:50 AM
The bigger the club (stadium and so on) the bigger the discrepancy. would be my hypothesis.

Bayern Munchen actually pays a little less than they should (I double-checked) so that in itself would debunk your theory. But then again, Uli Hoeness might have something to do with that.

BobMem
17-04-14, 06:53 PM
It's tax and national insurance.

JayFlo
18-04-14, 02:24 AM
I can't find the answer, but I know I have read it. How much money can you have before it resets itself?

Thanks

Fods
18-04-14, 03:51 AM
1.82345634 bn

ajra21
18-04-14, 12:53 PM
Firstly, great site, and great updates !

I've downloaded numerous previous updates and used them without any obvious issues.

I've recently downloaded and started to play the latest update as Liverpool. I'm in my second season, having qualified for the Champions League in my first, yet I'm now losing about £2 million a month !? I've only bought one player who is on a wage of note, and have given out new contracts to most of my players, but nothing I've not done countless times before such that it led to me seeing what I am now ?

I think I've narrowed this down to something not being quite right with gate receipts. I recently played a Champions League second stage group game, and a message appeared to inform me I'd set a record for gate receipts of £900k. I look at my income and I see £435k for the match ? For league games I'm getting about £135k, or £3 a ticket, which can't be right can it !?

Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix ?

Thanks.

how big is anfield? in my first year as LFC, i lost around 1.5m per month. i then expanded anfield and things got better.

Redknapp69
18-04-14, 01:04 PM
Anfield capacity just over 45k

Think the board will only allow 1 or 2k increases then usually gets blocked

Dermotron
18-04-14, 01:20 PM
Nah, someone gave it 60k expansion capacity in the editor even though irl it can't be expanded :facepalm:

meloinvento
18-08-14, 08:51 PM
Hi all,

i'm in this strage situation, i just joined west ham, but i see BALANCE = 200 millions, available funds 1,1 millions

How can i increase the available funds via editor? It is a saved game. 3.9.6.8 version.

Dermotron
18-08-14, 08:56 PM
What league are you in? If you are in the 4th tier and have players on 20-30k p/w there's the reason the club are not giving more money.

You can't really change the amount the board will give you. Selling your highest earners will help significantly. Or maybe reduce their wages via a save game editor. Don't forget to make a copy before messing about with one.

merkezekrem
18-08-14, 09:55 PM
Or you can buy 90 players worth 1.1m!

meloinvento
18-08-14, 09:59 PM
Or you can buy 90 players worth 1.1m!

eheheh yes...

i solved by increasing the reputation club value, now i have 50 millions in available funds. :)

PS: i am in third league

B-real
24-08-14, 02:55 PM
Just wondered if anybody has experienced this? Currently I'm running a pretty long game in which I've been playing with the same club for about 35 years. Basically I've been picking up money left and right until yesterday I noticed something strange. My financial balance was booming with money until at a certain moment my chairman retired. Later on (when he was replaced) I checked on my financial status when I suddenly noticed that my balance had reset to 0.
Is this bug? Is it normal for this to happen once a limit has been reached? Is the money still there and does it just display the wrong number or is it effectively gone? Also is this related to my chairman's retired? Did he take the money with him?

Situation before:

http://i59.tinypic.com/210zt4w.jpg

Situation after:

http://i59.tinypic.com/25f2jnr.jpg

Patinoz
24-08-14, 03:28 PM
Chairman took it with him; all on the Cayman Islands now. Poor guy gotta live of something.

In all seriousness, it is a bug and resets to 0 again eventually if you get too rich. I don't know the exact ins and outs of that though as I never had it.

Somebody else will give you more insight into where your money is gone.

I have moved your post into the lounge as it's not tech support per se; just the way the game is coded.

bine ye
24-08-14, 03:30 PM
I don't know the exact reason for this. However, my thoughts or a guess would be related to how the internal DB holds the data. In DB programs, the max integer value is 2,147,483,647. If this limit is reached, then it would either revert to 0 or -2,147,483,647 depending on how the program handles the data. Now I see you were at 3.25B which is obviously higher than this value, but I would wager a guess at saying the DB handles the data in £, then converts later to other currencies like € which would allow for a higher display value as this is not adding anythibg to the database, meaning it technically still stayed within the limit.

This is just a theory, I could be completely wrong, just need confirmation from someone who has worked more closely with this.

B-real
24-08-14, 03:47 PM
Does this mean that theoretically I'm not gaining any money anymore? Or am I still gaining, it just isn't displayed?

bine ye
24-08-14, 03:52 PM
If I am correct, then it would reset your value completely. So your money would have been deleted in other words. You will notice your club info will now have changed from "Finances Rich" to "Finances Ok".

B-real
24-08-14, 03:54 PM
Cool, got it. Cheerios dudes. :)

Foggy
23-11-14, 07:43 PM
Hi all,

Seeing as this is a financial queries thread, I thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new one.

I've changed the currency setting from £ to $ in my game to more accurately reflect the monetary values of today.
Somewhere on one of these threads, a forum member suggested this, bu to also change the symbol for the dollar to £.

Could anyone kindly give me a pointer as to how I might do that.

Thanks.

Dermotron
24-11-14, 09:49 AM
It's in the Offsets thread, if you use the search function it should be easy find

Fods
26-11-14, 10:12 AM
Think Tapani sorted this on 2.19.1/2 patch too!

Foggy
01-12-14, 01:23 AM
Tried to use the search to find it in the offsets thread but couldn't get it show up. Would it require editing code and the like Dermotron, as I don't think I'll be up to that with my lack of knowledge?

Currently, battling it out with three others on a BPL save using the 2.19.2 patch and it doesn't appear to have been addressed in the patch, Fodster (Noticed the game is a lot harder with this patch. Opposition players are keeping up with our own in terms of increasing attributes and it's making for a rather interesting and challenging competition between the four of us. Loads of players with high attributes knocking about in even lower leagues making the margins in quality between out teams and computer teams very small)

I was rather hoping it could be done on one of the files in the data folder on notepad or something similarly primitive :)

But as always, thanks for the responses.

Fods
01-12-14, 03:54 AM
This is from 2.19.2 patch

http://s15.postimg.org/6ounrnowb/suarez.png

Fods
01-12-14, 03:57 AM
This is from 2.19.2 patch

http://s15.postimg.org/6ounrnowb/suarez.png

Have a good read here mate, shows what changes have/are/were being made between versions:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5246

Foggy
01-12-14, 05:41 AM
very strange... I definitely downloaded a 2.19.2 patch from one of the threads on here. I believe it was a post by Tapani where he provided a link to one of his pages. Anyway... too late to start again with a new save I guess.

Fods
01-12-14, 05:59 AM
May need to uninstall your previous patch and reinstall the 2.19.2?

Redknapp69
01-12-14, 08:50 AM
Think that patch I used was a test patch and had test at end of the name
Think it's on about page 4 or page 5 of Tapani patch in the thread

Although it was test patch the 'updated' finances was fine for me and I played a few seasons with no problems

But yeah - as Foddy said. Make you you un-install current patch first before applying a new one

dfo3
12-12-14, 12:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone can help me. I am about 12 years in to a game and the club has plenty of money, a couple of billion, however there is no money available for transfers. I have made a request to the board which they approved but there is still no money. I cant sign anyone or resign anyone as they wont allow any money for a signing bonus. Any help would be great

Fods
12-12-14, 01:01 AM
If you get too much money I think the game resets the balance back to 0 so nothing is available..?

dfo3
12-12-14, 01:08 AM
Yeah. When i go to finances, it says

Balance - 2.9B
Transfer Funds - 0

Fods
12-12-14, 01:16 AM
Yeh you hit the 'limit' if you like!

Use a save game editor to adjust your total cash amount to maybe 100,000,000 and some should be available

AMC
14-12-14, 05:37 PM
Strange on one my games I've gone over the limit but still got my transfer funds. Do as Fodster says and you should be ok :ok:

BobMem
11-02-15, 02:16 PM
How is the amount of money available for transfers calculated? I guess it's something to do with the Chairman's atts, and the game estimating gate receipt income against wages and other expected outgoings.
I've seen clubs with <£8m in the bank, and >£10m available.
On my South American save right now I'm at River Plate. Bank Balance: £120m. Available: £10m
WTF?!

Dermotron
11-02-15, 03:14 PM
It's more to do with available prize and tv money imo. Just look at the jump in available transfer funds when you qualify for the CL. All the games are nearly guaranteed sell outs, 1.8m for the group, 400k for win, 200k for a draw and then more prize money again for qualifying for Phase 2. Plus players are easier to sell or get more interest so the club allows more based on those changes.

The places with little or no tv or prize money tend to have quite low available transfer funds, no matter the bank balance of a club. There's hardly any tv or prize money in S.America so I guess that's why the clubs are a bit tight. They do make a ton of cash on player sales and huge attendances though.

It's probably one of the more realistic measures within the game even if it can be annoying.

mazli88
07-04-15, 10:58 AM
Hi there!

My bank balance was set to 0 when it exceeded about 2 billion pounds.
Having played five seasons it's still 0, but my transfer funds still increases annually.
Apparently, the money is still there and the game shows 0 without any consequences.
Have you ever had such a weird occurrence?

There's the screenshot:
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/3573/RbWLiU.png

Dermotron
07-04-15, 11:00 AM
Cover earlier in this thread. But here's the explanation

I don't know the exact reason for this. However, my thoughts or a guess would be related to how the internal DB holds the data. In DB programs, the max integer value is 2,147,483,647. If this limit is reached, then it would either revert to 0 or -2,147,483,647 depending on how the program handles the data. Now I see you were at 3.25B which is obviously higher than this value, but I would wager a guess at saying the DB handles the data in £, then converts later to other currencies like € which would allow for a higher display value as this is not adding anythibg to the database, meaning it technically still stayed within the limit.

This is just a theory, I could be completely wrong, just need confirmation from someone who has worked more closely with this.

mazli88
01-07-15, 09:50 AM
Guess what! After 10 seasons my balance started to grow once again!
Fortunately, my transfer funds have never been limited.

I should have the balance of approximately 30 billion złotych though. (1 pound = 5,9 złotych)

I'll see what happens next.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2iiu3c1.jpg

cliff
12-08-15, 09:37 PM
I've added a new club into the game via game editor (only the club, without players) and would like to play a long game... but in the second season I have this little problem with gate receipts:

http://i58.tinypic.com/34nnza0.jpg

The (little) money I make with gate receipts goes to 0 every month... also, total income is not well calculated. Any thoughts? Is there anything I can do apart from killing the chairman as he is clearly a corrupt?

Dermotron
12-08-15, 10:04 PM
Increase the average attendance?

cliff
16-08-15, 08:57 PM
I thinks that's not the problem (well, it's another one :lol:), the problem was that the yearly gate receipt was 0 all the time, I wasn't getting any of the money showed at monthly income. Anyway, I've started receiving it again so it seems solved. I received a 150k cash injection, so maybe it's related...

MR2ONLY
11-10-15, 10:43 AM
Hi,

This has happened to be before on other save games.

I have a current bank balance of 1.88b but no tranfer funds to buy players or any money to get my players to sign new contracts with signing on fees.

Is this a glitch? I risk losing my players when their contracts are unprotected as I cannot give them a signing on fee.

Any ideas?

Dermotron
12-10-15, 11:33 AM
Have you that much money but players are on 6 or 7m a week?

Or what's the currency? Something like the old lira would mean 1.88bn wouldn't be anywhere near old pound

MR2ONLY
15-10-15, 04:26 PM
It was in pounds and my top whack of wages was around 90k on a few players and less on the rest.

I decided to sell the entire squad and quit, join a D3 team and win every league back to the premier using 120k players :)

cobradinberceni
21-02-16, 11:26 PM
Hi guys!

I've encountered the following trouble: I had the financial balance (in the finance section of the club) a little above 3.32 bln UDS. The "transfer funds" were a little below that amount, around 3.3 bln USD.
After a little while (perhaps after a player was sold and some more cash was received or prizes were cashed in) the balance became 0 and the transfer funds went down to 300 and something mil. USD. Still, yearly interests are above 100 mil USD, but I would like to know if there's a way of getting all that transfer funds back. And due to 0 balance, the stadium cannot be increased ("lack of funds" explanation).

Help would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

Topofthekop
22-02-16, 01:41 AM
Hi guys!

I've encountered the following trouble: I had the financial balance (in the finance section of the club) a little above 3.32 bln UDS. The "transfer funds" were a little below that amount, around 3.3 bln USD.
After a little while (perhaps after a player was sold and some more cash was received or prizes were cashed in) the balance became 0 and the transfer funds went down to 300 and something mil. USD. Still, yearly interests are above 100 mil USD, but I would like to know if there's a way of getting all that transfer funds back. And due to 0 balance, the stadium cannot be increased ("lack of funds" explanation).

Help would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

Try splashing the cash on a load of players..

Fods
22-02-16, 05:02 AM
Once your balance gets to a certain amount it reset

Money is stored as a signed integer in the game, so 2,147,483,647 (2^31 - 1) is the maximum amount before it resets.

cobradinberceni
22-02-16, 09:58 PM
Too bad. :( Thanks for the answer.

omagiosan
01-03-16, 08:03 PM
Hi, I have a problem with my money on Championship Manager 01/02 2094 I and 7 season my money is 0. Do you know how to acute or a solution of the problem?

Dermotron
01-03-16, 08:06 PM
Hi, I have a problem with my money on Championship Manager 01/02 2094 I and 7 season my money is 0. Do you know how to acute or a solution of the problem?

Should have spent some of all that cash I'm afraid

Money is stored as a signed integer in the game, so 2,147,483,647 (2^31 - 1) is the maximum amount before it resets.

omagiosan
01-03-16, 08:24 PM
Should have spent some of all that cash I'm afraid

And is there any chance to fix this or I have to start again? The editor can help me somehow or any other solution?

Regards!

Felix
01-03-16, 08:40 PM
And is there any chance to fix this or I have to start again? The editor can help me somehow or any other solution?

Regards!

Try spending some, if this post is correct then it just looks like you are on the edge of the ruin. :ok:

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7767&page=8&p=280583#post280583