PDA

View Full Version : Basque Clubs / Players

ilovesanmarino
25-03-13, 10:56 PM
Are there any other "Basque only" clubs other than Bilbao (even if they begin outside the playable leagues). Are there any other clubs with special rules? I used to play with the standard database and so one of the welsh cups had the Welsh teams in England take part, is this still the case in the upgrades that have been published here?

Patinoz
25-03-13, 11:00 PM
Other Basque clubs can be seen here:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?68-Offsets&p=87865#post87865

ilovesanmarino
25-03-13, 11:53 PM
Sorry I dont understand coding and stuff like that at all, a lot of clubs are listed there but none come up with grey players as spanish/Basque. I believe Barakaldo FC may have this restriction and they do appear on this list, but they have no grey players in my game. They have only signed basque players, but some of their starting team are from outside the region

Aula
26-03-13, 02:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Football_clubs_in_the_Basque_Country

Kingsley
26-03-13, 03:22 PM
Sorry I dont understand coding and stuff like that at all, a lot of clubs are listed there but none come up with grey players as spanish/Basque. I believe Barakaldo FC may have this restriction and they do appear on this list, but they have no grey players in my game. They have only signed basque players, but some of their starting team are from outside the region

There are 2 different things here.

Firstly clubs which are Basque in real life and these are listed in the Wikipedia link.
Secondly clubs with the Basque Only attribute in the game and these are listed in the code link

This attribute affects only players that you try to by after starting the game. Non-Basque players can be added using the pregame editor and there is no way to restrict that and the game will start with whoever is in the database.

As for grey players, you never get any with Spanish clubs even if they don't have a B team.

ilovesanmarino
26-03-13, 09:52 PM
Thanks for this. I was only thinking of this from a game perspective. I found out about the lack of grey players the hard way as you Eejit will realise from my story in Spain, but it only affects human players which is slightly unfair!

Sam
28-03-13, 04:26 AM
I've been playing the game since it came out, and i've recently started to wonder whether it would be possible to edit the game so that you could manage as the Basque National Team manager, in the European Qualifying section. It would make a really interesting challenge, and I think it would be a difficult yet rewarding one.

Would anyone know how it could possibly be done using the pre game editor? Cheers :)

Dermotron
28-03-13, 10:29 AM
Add Europe to the Continent tab on the Nation and it should load.

Sam
28-03-13, 02:34 PM
Okay, so the game loaded, no problem, and the team had a friendly away to Andorra I think, but the problem was that because all Basque players in the game are Basque by 2nd nationality, I couldn't take over as manager. I'm going to try and change Basque players to Basque 1st then Spanish, see if that allows me to take over as manager.

Dermotron
28-03-13, 02:42 PM
I think you should be ok if you call up enough players before the 1st squad needs to be announced.

You will need a minimum of 26 players with Basque 1st nationality if not.

Alan
28-03-13, 03:17 PM
In the Flex package there is a tool which allows you to take control of any club. I have this implemented and it allowed me to take control of the Basque team. Call-ups aren't a problem, although of course if a player has already been capped by Spain, France or anyone else (I think Amorebieta of Venezuela is the only other case) then they won't be able to be called up unless you remove their caps or switch 1st and 2nd nationalities

Sam
28-03-13, 03:36 PM
I can never get the Flex tools to work. The java thing is too complicated for me.

Cam F
28-03-13, 03:37 PM
And here was me thinking it was to do with suspenders and women.

Alan
28-03-13, 03:38 PM
Oh, not sure why. If you have the latest version of Java installed then everything works. Just a case of making sure you are up-to-date.

Sam
28-03-13, 03:44 PM
I have the latest Java installed, and have extracted the flex files, but I don't know which one of those files are to open the editor. There isn't any .exe file or anything. And when I try and open the batch files it says that "'java is not recognized as an internal or external command" and i'm too dumb to figure it out.

BlazeRavenwolf
28-03-13, 03:46 PM
How about using Dirty Editor to make all nations manageable

Sam
28-03-13, 03:50 PM
that could work. I'll give it a try.

Sam
28-03-13, 04:02 PM
Flex worked. I'm now the proud manager of Euskal selekzioa!

LR
28-03-13, 11:23 PM
How did you managed to sort that out? I still get the 'java is not recognized as an internal or external command" thing. :confused:

ilovesanmarino
28-03-13, 11:29 PM
Ok I loaded up a game to check the clubs on the list, I still dont get the coding at all, but I didn't realise all the clubs listed had this restriction, I thought it was a portion as I was not expecting there to be that many! Also, only Altlectico Bilbao shows it's grey players as being Basque

So in total there are 21
Five playable ones being
Atletico Bilbao (+B)
SD Eibar (+B)
SD Amorebieta
Sestao River Club
Barakaldo CF

non-playable
Amurrio CF
CD Aurrera Vitoria
SD Beasain
Gernika Club
SD Lemona
Elgoibar CD
Hernani CD
Zalla UC
Cultural Durango
Arenas Getxo Bilbao
Aurrera Ondarroa CD
Baskonia CD
San Pedro UD
Santurtzi CD
Tolosa CF

also the coding lists Berneo Club but they are not in my game
Loading up the game editor says 412 spanish, 12 French, 1 Venezuelan and 1 mexican (Jorge Espericueta)

Sam
28-03-13, 11:29 PM
I didn't use Flex, I just added Pays Basco as a European country in the pre game editor, changed 50 or so players nationalities from Spanish/Basque to Basque/Spanish, then fired up the game, max database, Spanish league. Saved the game and exited, ran the dirty editor to make all nations playable, then loaded up the game and added manager as Pays Basco manager.

ilovesanmarino
28-03-13, 11:42 PM
just doing my own unrrelated research on players from the region, the database I have has 426 players, all Spanish, bar ten from France the Venezulan mentioned above but also... Jorge Espericueta, who a quick search online says is a Mexican midfielder who scored a crazy goal at some youth championship

Alan
28-03-13, 11:57 PM
Sam, do you have the option to control all all teams Reason I ask is that I don't, and the game crashes when Pays Basque B squad are due to play. If I could take control of the B squad I could call up some players and maybe get beyond this problem. I assume I can't because there aren't enough players with Basque nationality.

LR
29-03-13, 12:44 AM
Why don't you add two more players to the game, pick two lower level teams and by using CMExplorer you move one to Pays Basque B and the other to Pays Basque U-21? or just the B fella.

That way you will be able control all the teams. Rename those two managers to Basque former players/managers that don't exist at the db. I've got Rafael Alkorta managing the youngsters and Javier de Pedro managing the B squad. Still testing tho.

Alan
29-03-13, 12:53 AM
There is no option in CMEx to add a manager to an international B squad

Sam
29-03-13, 01:32 AM
I don't have the option to manage the "B" team, no. I've not gotten as far as to where my "B" team has a game yet.

Sam
29-03-13, 01:33 AM
Is there no way of making the team not have a "B" squad? Like Spain, they don't have one.

LR
29-03-13, 01:47 AM
Clearly jumped the gun there. :D While chosing managers on wiki to fill the jobs, also noticed the missing of B team choice at CMEx. :emptiness:
426 players at the max db (with or without the ones capped for Spain) should be more than enough to compose all the teams :(

Sam
29-03-13, 02:11 AM
error when I got to the "B" international fixture. The game closed down when I clicked okay...

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7497/errorqb.jpg

LR
29-03-13, 02:15 AM
bummer :(

Sam
29-03-13, 02:18 AM
bummer :(

gonna keep playing around and try to get past it. Maybe if I changed nationality of all 400 or so Basques it might work.

Alan
29-03-13, 09:20 AM
Okay, exactly the same error as me.

I suppose there should be somewhere where the B team can be removed. Perhaps John Locke or some other Olly-savvy hero can identify the location in the exe. In the meantime all I can think of is to change the nationalities of all Basque players. I had sorted about 70 originally before creating the game.

Alan
29-03-13, 10:35 AM
Changed all 2nd nationalities and it works so far. Fingers crossed I can now get beyond the B team games.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1426/image1xf.jpg

LR
29-03-13, 11:09 AM
Good luck mate!

What have you done with the ones capped by Spain?

By the way, check these posts:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?225-March-2013-Data-Update-Feedback-Spain&p=87761#post87761
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?225-March-2013-Data-Update-Feedback-Spain&p=89740#post89740
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?210-March-2013-Data-Update-Feedback-France&p=89729#post89729

Alan
29-03-13, 11:31 AM
I have removed all Spanish caps and added all Basque caps where appropriate.

Alan
29-03-13, 12:10 PM
A little more information. It seems that the crucial number of players required is 400 in order to control all teams (although in no instance have I been able to control the U21s but that isn't causing any problems). The number of players that load seems a bit random but this was my initial tests with various league and database sizes. Most peculiar thing was that there are only 422 Basque players in my database yet twice 427 players were loaded. Next step is to holiday through and see if the game runs error-free. I also would prefer not to have to manually call up players to the B squad, so we will see if they are called up automatically under any circumstances. TBC...

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9540/image1pi.jpg

Dermotron
29-03-13, 12:22 PM
Out of curiosity how many are in the March 2013 Data Update.

In current database version there is 587 with the work that has started to tidy the Segunda B

I reckon there will be closer to 650-700 in next release (assuming something doesn't happen that wiped out the likes of Martinez, Arteta and Monreal again)

EDIT: 408 in March, 446 now - above figure includes staff

Sam
29-03-13, 01:23 PM
Alan did you switch the nationalities? (i.e. Spanish/Basque to Basque/Spanish) or have the players as JUST Basque?

I also noticed the game added some Basque only young players to the game.

Sam
29-03-13, 05:39 PM
How you able to control all teams Alan? I changed all 411 Basque 2nd nationality players to Basque as 1st nationality and i'm still not able to control the "B" team or the under-21s. I'm hoping that over 400 players is enough to be able to play "B" games without me managing them though.

Alan
29-03-13, 05:47 PM
I changed all SPA/BAS to BAS/SPA.

Once you have created a game check that there are in fact more than 400 players loaded. At that point it allows the option from the Manager button on the menubar to Control All Teams

LR
29-03-13, 06:14 PM
Alan, can you share that db? That would be awesome.
Good job mate! :ok:

Alan
29-03-13, 06:25 PM
I could, but I will also need to share my exe as I have made loads of changes so the database will only work with a compatible exe. If that's okay I will go ahead.

LR
29-03-13, 07:05 PM
Of course it's ok. Go ahead buddy! :ok:

Alan
29-03-13, 07:32 PM
I have made the changes in the links you posted above, and also a few other changes with players that are obvuiously Basque but weren't set as such (names such as Eneko, Asier, Gorka etc).

Main change to the database is swapping 1st and 2nd nat of all Basque players. All international caps of these have been removed, and I have added Basque caps and goals where known (okay, no research, just the Wiki page tbh)
Various other database changes for my own preference, mainly fixing incorrect common names of Spanish players, a few transfers here and there, occasoional colour changes, blah, blah

The mods to the exe include:
linking B teams of clubs manageable at the start of the game, Villarreal being the obvious one, also Almería, Granada and Getafe
Removing Basque restriction on Real Sociedad to reflect reality
Disabled Intercontinental Cup
Changed various substitute and foreign restrictions (mainly England I think)
Changed promotion/relegation to 2/2 between English Third/English COnference
Renamed English competition names
Other things I can't remember

LINKY: http://www.sendspace.com/file/s80uq0

Sam
29-03-13, 08:30 PM
Testing it now. If it works well, we need to come up with a challenge for it, like play until 2018 world cup and points for where you get etc.

Sam
03-04-13, 02:39 PM
okay, so I finished my test. I played 5 years (until the end of the 2006 World Cup) and the following was achieved...

Qualified for the Euros in 2004 top of the group, ahead of Sweden, Scotland and Turkey.
At Euro 2004 reached the semi finals, with wins over Russia, Croatia and hosts Portugal along the way. Also drew against Holland.
Finished 2nd in the 2006 World Cup Qualifiers to Spain, winning 8 group games, and losing 2 (both against Spain).
At the World Cup 2006 finals, Beat Ecuador 4-0 and also Ivory Coast in the group stage, before losing in the 2nd round to France.
Managed to get Pays Basco to the top 50 in the world rankings from bottom.
Lost only 6 games in 5 years.
My favourite of all my achievements though was playing Scotland 8 times over the 5 years (always get them in a friendly for some reason), winning 7 and drawing once.

The game didn't crash, and ran smoothly. Also became more of a challenge as the years went on.

Alan
03-04-13, 04:08 PM
Great to hear there were no errors. I am slowly going though a few seasons. Just won Euro qualy group ahead of England, Belgium, Denmark, Macedonia and Malta and now waiting on the draw for the finals. Not bothering with friendlies so just holidaying through them. Scotland and Bulgaria almost every time! Will hopefully play on until the 2006 World Cup.

Cam F
03-04-13, 04:57 PM
okay, so I finished my test. I played 5 years (until the end of the 2006 World Cup) and the following was achieved...

Qualified for the Euros in 2004 top of the group, ahead of Sweden, Scotland and Turkey.
At Euro 2004 reached the semi finals, with wins over Russia, Croatia and hosts Portugal along the way. Also drew against Holland.
Finished 2nd in the 2006 World Cup Qualifiers to Spain, winning 8 group games, and losing 2 (both against Spain).
At the World Cup 2006 finals, Beat Ecuador 4-0 and also Ivory Coast in the group stage, before losing in the 2nd round to France.
Managed to get Pays Basco to the top 50 in the world rankings from bottom.
Lost only 6 games in 5 years.
My favourite of all my achievements though was playing Scotland 8 times over the 5 years (always get them in a friendly for some reason), winning 7 and drawing once.

The game didn't crash, and ran smoothly. Also became more of a challenge as the years went on.

:( :(

phil_jackson
06-06-13, 07:53 PM
If you need a Basque challenge, you can try getting hired by Athletic Bilbao after a while. I was hired there in 2026, and there were only 15 Basque players available in the whole world. Most of them were playing for Bilbao, but the best ones were already away and unaffordable. I joined the club late in the season, as they were in bad shape in the Liga, and I just couldn't avoid the relegation.

Sam
06-06-13, 07:59 PM
If you need a Basque challenge, you can try getting hired by Athletic Bilbao after a while. I was hired there in 2026, and there were only 15 Basque players available in the whole world. Most of them were playing for Bilbao, but the best ones were already away and unaffordable. I joined the club late in the season, as they were in bad shape in the Liga, and I just couldn't avoid the relegation.

I always like managing Athletic, a great challenge, especially, as you say, after a few years. We wanted to manage the Basque national team though.

phil_jackson
06-06-13, 08:02 PM
I didn't really enjoy having so few possibilities, so I quit the club after the relegation. Getting trophies is still the drive, and with that kind of roster, you can wait a long time ;)

ramshz
09-06-13, 10:54 AM
This is the year 2023 (more or less).

All the knowed player are retired, some of the youngsters are almost in the verge of retirement, but, still, one club survives only with Basque players.

I just saw the Athletic on 2º Div B, and couldn´t resist...i had to promote them to the first leage....ok, ok, i know, you were a well established manager on First div., with options to play in Europe, Why the f*** did you do that???? Because....i just said...challenge accepted!!

Anyway, it is a pain in the arse, having to deal with the regen problem, i think in the case of only-basque nationals, is more difficult to deal with, and, if the club doesn´t have any money (zero, and 120,000€/y max. of wages) it just becomes a very funny way to play xD

I am just trying to scout basque players, but, my scouts, they dont have the option to find only-basque. Do you know some trick to tell them to do that? I can do it by myself, with the filters, on the main search, but maybe the scouts could find regens more quickly than me...

Sam
09-06-13, 03:17 PM
if your scouts can't find any basque players, go to the find player screen and write "Basque". That might find them.

LnACE
03-12-14, 05:41 PM
Hey guys!

I'm currently managing Athletic Bilbao in year 2025. And as many of you know I'm only able to buy players of Basque nationality.

However, at this moment there are only a total of 27 Basque players in the game, and 7 of them being goalkeepers. And the only outfield player not in my team are also the best Basque player in the game, and he's refusing to change club even though my offers are accepted by his club.

Do you guys have any tips or experiences on how/when there will be more players available? I have only had 2 youngsters moved up to my squad, and probably around 5 or 6 retired. Many of my players are 33+..

ACossu
28-07-16, 08:25 AM
Does anyone remember in the Original Version of CM 01 / 02 there was a few clubs (Athletic Bilbao?) who only let you sign/play basque players? Anyone have more information on it? Would make a good challenge I think :P

AMC
28-07-16, 08:30 AM
Barakaldo is another one, you could be right about a challenge :D

ACossu
28-07-16, 08:37 AM
I remember playing with friends after accidentally managing one of these teams, you start with hardly any cash.. even if you find a basque player - chances are he's useless !!

Felix
28-07-16, 09:04 AM
I also think (at least in the original game) that players from Saudi Arabia are not allowed to play in other countries.

Dermotron
28-07-16, 09:10 AM
Full list of Basque only clubs

The code that deals with the basque-only restriction:

0053D7EF 90 NOP
0053D7F0 /$ 8B4C24 04 MOV ECX,DWORD PTR SS:[ESP+4]
0053D7F4 |. 85C9 TEST ECX,ECX
0053D7F6 |. 0F84 F9000000 JE cm0102.0053D8F5
0053D7FC |. 8B41 53 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX+53] = (83, get nation id of club)
0053D7FF |. 85C0 TEST EAX,EAX check if it is -1 (none), I think.
0053D801 |. 0F84 EE000000 JE cm0102.0053D8F5
0053D807 |. 8B00 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX] get the id of the club
0053D809 |. 8B15 88F49C00 MOV EDX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF488] = Spain
0053D80F |. 3BC2 CMP EAX,EDX tests if club is spanish
0053D811 |. 0F85 DE000000 JNZ cm0102.0053D8F5 skip next section if not spanish
0053D817 |. 8B01 MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX]
0053D819 |. 8B0D 20019D00 MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0120] = Athletic Bilbao
0053D81F |. 3BC1 CMP EAX,ECX
0053D821 |. 0F84 C8000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D827 |. 3B05 34019D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0134] = Athletic Bilbao B
0053D82D |. 0F84 BC000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D833 |. 3B05 E4029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02E4] = SD Eibar
0053D839 |. 0F84 B0000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D83F |. 3B05 E8029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02E8] = Amurrio CF
0053D845 |. 0F84 A4000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D84B |. 3B05 EC029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02EC] = CD Aurrera Vitoria
0053D851 |. 0F84 98000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D857 |. 3B05 F0029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02F0] = Barakaldo
0053D85D |. 0F84 8C000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D863 |. 3B05 F4029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02F4] = SD Beasain
0053D869 |. 0F84 80000000 JE cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D86F |. 3B05 F8029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02F8] = Berneo Club
0053D875 |. 74 78 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D877 |. 3B05 FC029D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D02FC] = Gernika Club
0053D87D |. 74 70 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D87F |. 3B05 04039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0304] = SD Lemona
0053D885 |. 74 68 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D887 |. 3B05 08039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0308] = Elgoibar CD
0053D88D |. 74 60 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D88F |. 3B05 0C039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D030C] = Hernani CD
0053D895 |. 74 58 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D897 |. 3B05 10039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0310] = Zalla UC
0053D89D |. 74 50 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D89F |. 3B05 14039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0314] = Cultural Durango
0053D8A5 |. 74 48 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8A7 |. 3B05 18039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0318] = SD Amorebieta
0053D8AD |. 74 40 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8AF |. 3B05 1C039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D031C] = Arenas Getxo Bilbao
0053D8B5 |. 74 38 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8B7 |. 3B05 20039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0320] = Aurrera Ondarroa CD
0053D8BD |. 74 30 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8BF |. 3B05 24039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0324] = Baskonia CD
0053D8C5 |. 74 28 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8C7 |. 3B05 28039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0328] = SD Eibar B
0053D8CD |. 74 20 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8CF |. 3B05 2C039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D032C] = San Pedro UD
0053D8D5 |. 74 18 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8D7 |. 3B05 30039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0330] = Santurtzi CD
0053D8DD |. 74 10 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8DF |. 3B05 34039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0334] = Sestto River Club
0053D8E5 |. 74 08 JE SHORT cm0102.0053D8EF
0053D8E7 |. 3B05 38039D00 CMP EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0338] = Tolosa CF
0053D8ED |. 75 06 JNZ SHORT cm0102.0053D8F5
0053D8EF |> B8 01000000 MOV EAX,1
0053D8F4 |. C3 RETN
0053D8F5 |> 33C0 XOR EAX,EAX
0053D8F7 \. C3 RETN

I have discovered a new way of understanding the code during decoding the section.

MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX+53] would previously have been a bit of a mystery but I now know that it is accessing the value 83 (53 in hex) bytes into a club - which is the field 'nation id'. I'll post some more examples of this that should help improve our understanding of the code.

Editing the nation 'basque' clubs are restricted to:

008CEBB5: MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF424] - original value, basque restriction
008CEBB5: MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[9CF488] - restricts them to just Spanish players.

ACossu
28-07-16, 09:19 AM
Thanks for moving my post, didn't see this thread.

Also - is all of CM01/02 written in assembly? Must be a super long and tedious source code..

Dermotron
28-07-16, 09:35 AM
Must be a super long and tedious source code..

No-one has seen it unfortunately.

LnACE
07-10-16, 03:47 PM
Hi guys!

I started a new game with the original database and managed Athletic Bilbao, won the league and champions league a few times. After 14 seasons i left the club and went to England since almost none regens came into the game.

Now in year 2018 there are only a total of 44 basque players in the game, 12 of them being goalkeepers.

I would like to manage Bilbao again in this save since they are struggling at the moment. Could I expect an "explosion" of regens to happen? Is there anything I can do to get more regens of basque nationality without using an editor? What are your experiences?

AMC
07-10-16, 03:57 PM
I think the editor is your only way mate, if the save has stopped producing Basque players I can't see it starting to produce them again unfortunately.

How are you searching for Basque players though? On the player/staff search function or the normal search?

Toquero
29-03-18, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone. Im a fan of Athletic Bilbao but due to our philosophy of only signing basque players the game is quite boring and limited. Wanted to ask if someone has already started a career with this team because I wanted to know some things. How is the evolution of the young players (except Unai Nuñez, Laporte and Yeray)? Do the new generated players of basque teams (such a R.Sociedad, Osasuna or Athletic) count as Basque players? Is it easy to buy players from the other teams?
Thanks. I think playing with Athletic is one of the ultimate challenges of a manager game but, like I said before, quite boring, which gives more respect in real life.
Cheers

Dermotron
29-03-18, 03:12 PM
I merged your query in here.

I do believe the reason Basque's don't regenerate with Basque nationality is due to the Basque nation being a 'defunct' nation according the database. If you made it active e.g. added it to a continent I do think that it would produce regens.

Unfortunately there isn't space in the code for another continent that would resolve this e.g. a new continent called NON-FIFA or something. That way you could have them "sit" there producing regens but not entering any competitions.

prodromos
06-11-18, 02:48 PM
if from beginning before start one new game, i edit some Basque clubs they have only players basque, and i put for facilities 20, and also make some club from amateur, semi-professional to professionals do you believe change something?. You will exist better production for new players?

Dermotron
06-11-18, 04:49 PM
Only changing the player to Pays Basque for 1st nation will produce regens e.g. Oscar de Marcos would produce a regen with Pays Basque/Spain nationality but not with Spain/Pays Basque nationality

ulixes
22-05-19, 09:14 PM
I played regular CM game with Athletic Bilbao with a great success for 15 seasons, and it was ok. Now I am playing 3.9.68 official update, and I am at 14. season but I have less Basque players for my team. In older game number of Basque players is more or less constant, there was regens normally, but now in this game it drops to 57 players + 25 players from my team in whole game!
I am affraid that Spanish/Basque players regenerated only as Spanish. Is it possible? How I can solve this problem or I will drop into Segunda :)

Dermotron
22-05-19, 09:46 PM
Bar editing the players with a save game editor there are no real alternatives. It's what makes Barakaldo a great challenge

ForzaJuve
22-05-19, 10:09 PM
I played regular CM game with Athletic Bilbao with a great success for 15 seasons, and it was ok. Now I am playing 3.9.68 official update, and I am at 14. season but I have less Basque players for my team. In older game number of Basque players is more or less constant, there was regens normally, but now in this game it drops to 57 players + 25 players from my team in whole game!
I am affraid that Spanish/Basque players regenerated only as Spanish. Is it possible? How I can solve this problem or I will drop into Segunda :)

Regens retain the same nationalities as the player they've replaced, however, they can take either citizenship in the long run. E.g. if you have a player with dual Brazilian and Italian citizenship and they end up playing for Brazil internationally, their regens may play for Italy instead if they get called up. Obviously the game doesn't have a Basque national team so in theory all the Basque regens should have it as their second nationality and their number should be fairly constant.

I'm in 2012/2013 playing 3.6.68 with all leagues loaded and have ~130 Basque players in my search results with around 1/4 being regens.

ulixes
22-05-19, 10:14 PM
Bar editing the players with a save game editor there are no real alternatives. It's what makes Barakaldo a great challenge

You mean to enter editor, use player that I like and give him Basque nationality? :) Is it boring? I can give nationality to best players in game.

Regens retain the same nationalities as the player they've replaced, however, they can take either citizenship in the long run. E.g. if you have a player with dual Brazilian and Italian citizenship and they end up playing for Brazil internationally, their regens may play for Italy instead if they get called up. Obviously the game doesn't have a Basque national team so in theory all the Basque regens should have it as their second nationality and their number should be fairly constant.

I'm in 2012/2013 playing 3.6.68 with all leagues loaded and have ~130 Basque players in my search results with around 1/4 being regens.

In te original game there was not such problem like in official patch that I am using now.

aim-11
13-07-19, 10:02 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post. Like what the title mentioned, Real Sociedad cannot buy local players???

Able to change that in the game?

Thanks. Anyone?

Alan
13-07-19, 12:36 PM
Yes. When the game was released Real Sociedad had a non-Spanish policy, so they would only sign Basque players or foreigners. It can be changed thus:

008CECAC: MOV ECX,DWORD PTR DS:[9D0128]

Change to:
008CECAC: MOV ECX,-1
008CECB1: NOP

Karlos
29-03-20, 01:17 PM
Has anyone tried and play with Bilbao for many seasons?

I used to play with them a lot on FM were you could sign all Spanish players who are 16 and younger. Dont think that works on cm0102?

My biggest concern is if regens not show up with basque nationality so I wont be able to sign them?

On my other save in another league I can see that both Lizarazou and Julen Guerrero regens have basque as 2nd nationality which is great but not sure if this applies to all basque regens? Does anyone know how it works?

Many thanks in advance.

(I posted this in error under challenges first)

leo37
29-03-20, 01:55 PM
you can assign your scouts as normal and in the filter bit you can apply basque only nationality it won't stop spanish only coming up on the news bit but it will at least filter out non basque players when you go into your scout results.
The player search filter also has a basque only option

I would load a game on max database (so your regional pool is bigger) and you can get some very nice regens over time but you will have to rely on a successful batch at some point to become a champions league winner so maybe some luck involved too

I had a really good Bilbao game and won a few uefa cups but never got past the semi's of the champions league maybe many more seasons I might of won it eventually it's certainly not impossible to do so and if you use a tried and tested wib wob tactic you could easily win a champions league with basque only players (I only play non wibwob though) I have seen others on the forum win champions league with basque only as well (non wib wob)

Karlos
29-03-20, 02:46 PM
you can assign your scouts as normal and in the filter bit you can apply basque only nationality it won't stop spanish only coming up on the news bit but it will at least filter out non basque players when you go into your scout results.
The player search filter also has a basque only option

I would load a game on max database (so your regional pool is bigger) and you can get some very nice regens over time but you will have to rely on a successful batch at some point to become a champions league winner so maybe some luck involved too

I had a really good Bilbao game and won a few uefa cups but never got past the semi's of the champions league maybe many more seasons I might of won it eventually it's certainly not impossible to do so and if you use a tried and tested wib wob tactic you could easily win a champions league with basque only players (I only play non wibwob though) I have seen others on the forum win champions league with basque only as well (non wib wob)

Thanks mate, it sounds great!
Do you know how it works with retiring players with basque 2nd nationality? Do their regens also have basque nationality?
On my other save Julen Guerrero and Mendieta have it. Dont know if that was because they came through in Alaves though who obviously is a basque club as well.

leo37
29-03-20, 03:09 PM
yes many regens that come through at sociedad or other basque clubs a decent percentage of them are basque\spanish instead of spanish only

also they appear randomly unattached on a free where you can sign them by scrolling through and searching them manually by typing in basque on the find player option or by youth scouting

Karlos
29-03-20, 03:56 PM
yes many regens that come through at sociedad or other basque clubs a decent percentage of them are basque\spanish instead of spanish only

also they appear randomly unattached on a free where you can sign them by scrolling through and searching them manually by typing in basque on the find player option or by youth scouting

Cool, ill definately give it a go then. Read on another post that after some years the number of basque players decrease a lot over the years but hopefully fine then.

Alan
29-03-20, 05:34 PM
...and that is true. Regardless of what leo says (and he is not wrong), you will struggle to find Basque players if you advance 10-15 years or more into the game. They do regen, bur FAR less frequently than normal nationalities.

Kingsley
30-03-20, 06:58 PM
I am 90 years in and there have been no Basque players for about 50 years. I suspect that 15-20 years is probably the maximum you will have a reasonable chance of success

scemoka
31-03-20, 11:47 AM
I am 90 years in and there have been no Basque players for about 50 years. I suspect that 15-20 years is probably the maximum you will have a reasonable chance of success

In full play, every year at 27 september i edit around 40-45 spanish players- with save game editor, i give second nationality, regens whose first name xabier, mikel, aitor, gorka, joseba, gaizka, ....itz etc, whose second name ext...., oxt.... utx, ....zabal , ...dariz, aznar, llorente, bakero, koldo etc with Alaves B- Osasuna B regens, some racing santander B, real madrid at. mad.rid regens...
Clubs - indauxtu, izarra, and real union. these 3 clubs creates 4-5 spanish regens each(they don't have basque rule)
I gave them 3400-3500 club reputation - for getting better regens. I give them basque nationality too.
Always check Toulouse, Montpeiller, Bordeaux regens. If a french regens - has name roger fernadez, marc gimenez etc (french basque).
now i'm at 2040 - around 40 years in game. In this save file i have 450 basque players.

Dermotron
31-03-20, 11:50 AM
For future Data Updates, would anyone really object to players being listed as Basque/Spanish once they are a uncapped? It could make playing with Athletic Bilbao more of a long term prospect. The top guys potential guys will still become Spanish U21 (and then Senior) internationals.

Alan
31-03-20, 12:04 PM
Where would they regenerate?

Dermotron
31-03-20, 01:15 PM
They'd regenerate as free players. They should be still EU as Pays Basque is flagged is EU in the DB