PDA

View Full Version : CM 01-02 UPDATED?

BlackyM
18-04-13, 12:10 PM
What I mean, if Edios, for some reason, decides to update CM 01 02, and makes CM 13-14 edition, with everything the same like in CM 01 02, except, it edits Champions League, Europa League and add all other competitions, like u21 championships and adds more leagues...

Would you buy it?

I know I would :adoration:

Let's make petition for them to do so xD

Mark
18-04-13, 01:36 PM
Absolutely. Who wouldn't :)

Bern
18-04-13, 01:39 PM
I would buy it. The OP described the greatest game ever: CM 01/02 updated to with today's competition formats and updated rosters.

I would probably even pay for DLC with updated rosters every 6 months or so.

BlazeRavenwolf
18-04-13, 01:47 PM
As Mark said "who wouldn't"

But it would make this site redundant, would it not

Bern
18-04-13, 01:56 PM
As Mark said "who wouldn't"

But it would make this site redundant, would it not

Yes. It would.

But at least we would have more time for playing the game. Plus there is always a need for somewhere to chat about save games, look for great signings, discuss tactics, etc.

Mark
18-04-13, 04:10 PM
Nah, make 2 changes to the title: www.champman1213.co.uk :lol:

info0
18-04-13, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't. Sorry, this format of game is quite outdated and it's not only about CL/EL missing right format.

And to OP there is already such game: FM Handheld. Plus Eidos has nothing to do with Championship Manager at all. It was always Sports Interactive who made the series. Eidos now owns only naming rights. That's all (their latest CM games were a crying shame, made by Beautiful Game Studios).

Only hope for people right now is SI making FM Classic playable with larger DBs, more than 4 selectable countries, etc. This has huge potential... And it's quite a speed demon compared to full FM game (1 season in 2-3 days on normal FM compared to 3-4 in a day on FMC).

Wondering how this will go in future.

Before you point fingers at me or start to insult me, that is my opinion. You may not like it, but grind your teeth before you post response. ;)

churky
18-04-13, 05:13 PM
No, because, quite frankly, the match engine of CM0102 is horrible. Aside from changing names, formats etc., they'd have to patch the ME heavily in order to be decent enough, i.e. not being able to exploit the hell out of it even when you're not trying to.

Patinoz
18-04-13, 06:18 PM
Read latest post by churky and didn't even need to read his post to know what he was saying.

No-Brainer for me. Of course I'd buy the game

Goofy
18-04-13, 06:28 PM
No-Brainer for me. Of course I'd buy the game

Ditto

Spudiator
18-04-13, 06:48 PM
I definitely would, if it was done right, so everything in the game (team and player data, competition formats, transfer windows, etc) was fully up-to-date, all the various bugs and programming glitches were ironed out and the aforementioned exploitations in the match engine were fixed.

Jesus
18-04-13, 06:50 PM
I'd buy it, but whether or not I'd like it. I don't know. Churky makes a good point that the match engine is very easy to exploit and I would like to see some 'glitches' fixed beforehand.

churky
18-04-13, 06:51 PM
Read latest post by churky and didn't even need to read his post to know what he was saying.

I wouldn't be on these forums for so many years if I didn't think CM0102 was one of the best games ever, but what I said is just the truth.

Cam F
18-04-13, 06:52 PM
That's like saying would you shag your childhood sweetheart 10 years on & her body was still as pert as back in the day :) Course you would, just this time you would come all over her face & boobs ;)

Patinoz
18-04-13, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't be on these forums for so many years if I didn't think CM0102 was one of the best games ever, but what I said is just the truth.

I should have added on of those non-working smileys. I know what you meant and respect your opinion, it was half a joke. Just knew what you were gonna say before I even read your post mate :D

BrianBWFC
18-04-13, 07:02 PM
Im with info0 - FMH is the closest thing we can get! Although would definitely buy if was made available!

Jesus
18-04-13, 07:11 PM
That's like saying would you shag your childhood sweetheart 10 years on & her body was still as pert as back in the day :) Course you would, just this time you would come all over her face & boobs ;)

Why is everything you post sex-related? Are you sexually frustrated Cam? Is the missus not putting out? Are you tired of fucking your industrial size pot of KY jelly?

Im with info0 - FMH is the closest thing we can get! Although would definitely buy if was made available!

Brian? THE Brian? Is that you?

ozRooster
19-04-13, 01:09 AM
Simple answer, yes I'd buy it.

Jesus, you are not the only 1 to have risen again, that is BRIAN!!!!!!!!!1

:doggy:

Redknapp69
19-04-13, 08:11 AM
Definitely - the new footie manager games are too in depth (if that makes sense). And you probably need to check/action about 109 things before progressing a day!

djole2mcloud
19-04-13, 11:47 AM
of course!

Cam F
19-04-13, 12:58 PM
No my Lord, I find it funny. Now don't start turning into that cunt Dodge & getting all hollier than tho.

Bern
19-04-13, 03:31 PM
FM Classic does look intriguing though. Still not perfect yet.

Scooterfan
19-04-13, 03:36 PM
Info0 and Churky the only ones to choose no, no surprise there then :ranger:

Coys
19-04-13, 04:15 PM
Funny thing is, there are obviously lying. Of course they would buy it, out of curiosity more than anything :D

churky
19-04-13, 07:41 PM
I didn't vote.

I wouldn't buy it, but I'd probably download it via torrents. :D

colml
20-04-13, 09:13 AM
Definitely - the new footie manager games are too in depth (if that makes sense). And you probably need to check/action about 109 things before progressing a day!

Agree with you 100% there. I hate the way it's takes so long just to play one day, I could play more than a season on CM while I'm playing the pre-season on FM. :)

info0
20-04-13, 09:24 AM
That's where I said, Football Manager Classic comes into play. It's really speed demon, compared to normal version of FM.

Dunno how it will work with large DB and more than 4 leagues though, but if they optimize it for multicores it should still be a breeze (you just have to remember that small DB on FM is like Normal/Maximum on CM :lol:).

316'sRegen
20-04-13, 12:40 PM
it would be rude not to buy it.

it would be fun to play Pati at network and not have him buy players he has created :P :lol:
come to think of it network play would be far easier in a newer version, no need for hamachi and deleting ip applications etc.

However, what would our great scouting/updating team have to do with themselves then, eh?

Thousands from on here would buy the game though, look at how the PS1 titles like THPS Splinter Cell and Metal Gear were given a lick of paint (HD GFX) and re-sold as a PSN title. These played like the original games but that didn't stop them being massively popular.

Scooterfan
20-04-13, 01:03 PM
I got bored of Football Manager Classic after a few weeks, it just hasn't got that something special to keep you hooked anymore.

Janis89
20-04-13, 04:45 PM
Would buy it without a doubt.

Best game ever made!

BeezerCeltic1967
20-04-13, 04:56 PM
will never happen so pointless question.

316'sRegen
20-04-13, 09:59 PM
oh cheer up you

colml
20-04-13, 10:15 PM
will never happen so pointless question.

Hypothetically speaking, so no, not a pointless question.

info0
20-04-13, 10:58 PM
I got bored of Football Manager Classic after a few weeks, it just hasn't got that something special to keep you hooked anymore.

Depends what you expect from a game really. I don't dig CM style anymore. Sure, it was a lot of fun when I was a kid (when CM0102 was released I was 15 - then life was much more simple :D).

But now, except for doing tac testing and playing around with Olly/C++ I really don't play the game anymore. Can't play it. It's that outdated, even with updates/patches.

Like I said, FMC has huge potential, but it all depends on 2 factors: a) how SI is going to do it in future? What things they will add? Is there possibility of it becoming separate title? b) FM fans, fanatics, didn't like the FMC idea from the very start, saying it was pointless to add to the series and that SI should focus on fixing current match engine before doing such things. Because there are issues with full FM game (which of course get transferred to FMC too).

When you observe what's happening on gaming scene from outside/inside perspective you have quite good view on what approach to take.

Eidos and CM are no longer a possibility. CM got ruined in Eidos/Beautiful Game Studios - Travis (later FIFA10 dev) - hands. Collyer brothers were and still are the makers of best football manager sims to date. Whether you like it or not. They have a vision, but that vision is hard to implement in 1 year release schedule. Such time-frame is very short (1 year in gaming terms is not a lot of time).

My wish is that someday we will see the game which will satisfy both ends of a bargain. CM fans and FM fans are alike after all ;).

Scooterfan
21-04-13, 10:12 AM
They could focus FMC towards the console markets, where there is a huge gap at the moment apart from the very popular career mode on Fifa.

316'sRegen
21-04-13, 11:36 AM
fifa :doh:

you had to ruin the good name of CM with the mention of that garbage :tsk:
whilst the career mode is good on fifa it's main focus is playing the matches in your chosen position, not running a club.

CM5 was out for PS2, it was quite good at the time from what i can recall but not really much since that. It does show the game would work on console though, so let's get a petition drawn up :ok:

Scooterfan
21-04-13, 11:41 AM
fifa :doh:

you had to ruin the good name of CM with the mention of that garbage :tsk:
whilst the career mode is good on fifa it's main focus is playing the matches in your chosen position, not running a club.

CM5 was out for PS2, it was quite good at the time from what i can recall but not really much since that. It does show the game would work on console though, so let's get a petition drawn up :ok:

Unfortunately it's the closest thing to a 'Management' game at the moment on a console, and i'm not counting that tripe called Premier Manager who only people called Ste waste their money on :llama:

Coys
21-04-13, 12:44 PM
Total club manager 2004 and LMA manager 2003 on the Ps2 were great :ok:

Ste117
21-04-13, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately it's the closest thing to a 'Management' game at the moment on a console, and i'm not counting that tripe called Premier Manager who only people called Ste waste their money on :llama:

Did you play the game?

Yes I did buy and I enjoyed playing it for a while getting Huddersfield into the Premier League although it lacks depth, real game transfers and realistic transfers what let the game down the most.

technoir
21-04-13, 01:28 PM
I only miss:
-current Champions League and Europa League format
-quals to Asian Cup and African Nations, Gold Cup, quals to olympics, Under-21 Euro, Under 20 World Cup and quals
-updated relegations and promotions in leagues or at least adding possibility to edit this in in-build editor
-2D pitch view would be lovely
-more detailed stats (like it is now in FM)

and thats all

ilovesanmarino
22-04-13, 08:39 PM
I would buy the updated game, as long as it did not under any circumstances have a pitch view, I dont understand the first thing about football and that's why I never got past CM0102

There would be a few changes I would like to the engine
a lot more media interaction, no need to change the actual way it works at the moment, just up the frequency, a Premier League team should have the media question something every game, not once per month/year/season
bankruptcy needs more work. When hitting status "bankrupt" every player should be automatically transfer listed, and you not able to refuse a bid. Also stop the stupid stadium shrinking, or at least reset the capacity once back in the black
A way of making the sugar-daddy owners work more realistically, they only really appeared after the game came out, just make them constantly inject money I suppose

oh and I would really REALLY love it if the editor allowed you to create international tournamnents, cos then I could have some silly fun

Fods
22-04-13, 11:16 PM
I would buy the updated game, as long as it did not under any circumstances have a pitch view, I dont understand the first thing about football and that's why I never got past CM0102

:boxing:

kuy
23-04-13, 11:28 AM
bankruptcy needs more work. When hitting status "bankrupt" every player should be automatically transfer listed, and you not able to refuse a bid.

I've definitely had this before - I went into administration and wasn't allowed to refuse bids for players

ozRooster
23-04-13, 12:31 PM
I also don't understand the 1st thing about football. Check my DTL and CML results for proof :hurt:.

Fods
23-04-13, 01:16 PM
:juggle::couch::ranger::cell::whip::playball::boun ce::spider:

:brushteeth:

Bern
23-04-13, 01:28 PM
I've definitely had this before - I went into administration and wasn't allowed to refuse bids for players

Me too. I was managing a Portuguese team that was a billion in debt.

ZanSnake
23-04-13, 05:12 PM
If it included some elements of FM, such as team talk, and media talk as well as the option to talk to players, i would, but otherwise i would stick to the awesome updates of this forum and happily playing the original game.

merkezekrem
28-04-13, 10:41 AM
why is this coming up as unread?

AtomicAnt
28-04-13, 11:38 AM

I think he meant AI controlled clubs. They don't sell players cheaply even if they're bankrupt.

Mark
29-04-13, 01:46 PM
why is this coming up as unread?

Possibly because people have voted in the poll.

Dermotron
29-04-13, 02:21 PM
Possibly because people have voted in the poll.

It's a nice touch. Keeps a poll active and in the list of New Posts. It's 35 different voters on a poll is nice to see

szemek77
08-05-13, 08:43 AM
Of course I would buy it. The less changes they would make, the better. Formats of the leagues and european cups,
updated personnel and just a few tweaks to the match engine to exclude obvious mistakes.

CM 01/02 is not about portraying actual world of football. It is about great playability.
I've been playing it with my brother for 13 years, once a week, and we still have great fun!

ZanSnake
09-05-13, 03:37 PM
Of course I would buy it. The less changes they would make, the better. Formats of the leagues and european cups,
updated personnel and just a few tweaks to the match engine to exclude obvious mistakes.

CM 01/02 is not about portraying actual world of football. It is about great playability.
I've been playing it with my brother for 13 years, once a week, and we still have great fun!

I agree with you, though i do think that with SOME added improvements it would make the game even greater. I think that, like you said, it should be about playability and the enjoyment in which people have with the game over realism - which in my honest opinion, is pushed on too much in the FM series, especially the latest one - but i think that by having the added media features, it match talk and options for talking to players, rivals, through the media it offers more intrigue, especially with different responses based on the characteristics of the players.

Dermotron
11-05-13, 05:58 PM
It is about great playability.

This. This. And this.

I think there are a hell of a lot of games in the last 6-8 years that have total disregard for playability. Now everything is a clone of any game with good playability but with more 'bells and whistles' but appear better.

m0ri
15-05-13, 09:10 PM
I would probably buy it too, just to try it...

Fods
22-05-13, 11:46 PM
Just posting so everyone sees me as the last poster and not that gay boy Mori

ozRooster
28-05-13, 07:06 AM
Just posting so everyone sees me as the last poster and not that gay boy Fodi

316'sRegen
28-05-13, 10:24 AM
Eejits :doh: :lol:

ozRooster
28-05-13, 12:01 PM
Just posting so everyone sees me as the last poster and not that gay boy Chris_3_16

Trip
30-05-13, 09:31 AM
I'd settle for a half-decent explanation of the match engine and a couple of other mechanics in a small PDF file :)

ajra21
30-05-13, 01:35 PM
Out of interest, how would this be different to e most uptodate "versions" you can get on here?

I prefer playing the original rather than having the current players (nostalgia and all that).

Dermotron
30-05-13, 02:35 PM
Up to date version to me would be this:

Correct league structures, correct cup competitions, better game speed options, better technical specs, more flexible indexing of comp and club names, color atts, less restrictive name addition system, more formations for AI managers, easier to change AI manager's formations (thus allowing a user to make the game tougher/easier), increasing comp and club reps range from 20 to 40, change Yugoslavia to Serbia make the league playable since it's there, make the other dormant leagues that exist in the Editor playable (India, Indonesia, Switzerland, Austria, Mexico, South Africa, China, Czech Rep, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand), add more leagues (Ukraine, Belarus, Israel, Egypt, Uruguay, Colombia, Jamaica, Morocco, Slovenia, Bosnia, Romania etc.), import/export facility to keep the game up-to-date easier, better filtering options in the Editor (by comp, continent, age as wel as DOB), start year changer, commentary and media updated with simple program to maintain them, roll forward option in Editor to add a year, history file database instead of text file (or even more excel friendly), more colors (with option to indicate colors that clash), 2 extra invisible lines on the tactic screen to allow 7 players wide instead of 5, flexible subs and player restrictions editing, wages and comp prizes brought up to 2013/14 values, option to edit those values, add more B and reserve teams, max. squad size 100, fix the loan and 'getting a job' issues.

That's just a start. The game itself it still fine, just the coating around it needs tweaking. Maybe some stuff like 2D match option would be interesting but think the commentary has always been more gripping.

Would gladly pay 100+ for the game above if it includes the changes, since you'd never need to buy it again given how easy it would be to maintain.

bnek
31-05-13, 10:31 AM
Agreed with the above Dermo except no 2d match engine, leave it as it is!

Maybe add the Conf North/South and Evo/Ryman leagues etc

Bern
31-05-13, 11:54 AM
since you'd never need to buy it again given how easy it would be to maintain.

Well, except for sure lots of competitions will change. They always do.

Dermotron
31-05-13, 01:16 PM
Agreed with the above Dermo except no 2d match engine, leave it as it is!

Make it optional maybe. Prefer the commentary myself (even if now I only read it big games, derbies, finals etc.)

Sam
31-05-13, 02:02 PM
I'd buy it, especially with Dermotron's changes (2D match engine aside) plus a fix on the assistant manager not wanting a new contract ever bug.

316'sRegen
07-06-13, 10:50 AM
I'd buy it, especially with Dermotron's changes (2D match engine aside) plus a fix on the assistant manager not wanting a new contract ever bug.

I have had that a few times right enough.
I always thought it was just the assistant eventually wanting to be a full fledged manager in their own right, so it made sense to me that should happen.

Sam
07-06-13, 03:45 PM
I always thought it was just the assistant eventually wanting to be a full fledged manager in their own right, so it made sense to me that should happen.

that would make sense yes, if any assistant on the game went on to become a manager. They don't though. There's the odd case but hardly ever.

Fods
13-06-13, 11:34 AM
I would buy it yeh

phil_jackson
14-06-13, 04:22 PM
As I like to play long games, it wouldn't make much of a difference if the version is updated or not, since after 20 seasons most players are regens.

But I would be curious to try the update, if it would come at a reasonnable price.

J.D.
14-06-13, 08:50 PM
max. squad size 100,

Is it really a big problem for updaters?

Because, personally, I wouldn't change that. I thinks it's one of the biggest problem of the FM series. There's so many shitty players that you have to take care of, when in fact you perfectly know that they will never play in your senior squad. It is just so time consuming.

Dermotron
14-06-13, 09:00 PM
Can be. It gets messy at times. Like Parma had 95 players last season. Lots of Italian clubs had 60-70 players with loans and stuff. Promising youths are almost a nuisance at the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal. And worst of all, you can only have 50 split between an A and B team, most Spanish clubs B teams are now in the 2nd or 3rd tiers.

I'd prefer the option rather than be restricted by compromises like adding loads of future transfers, fake B teams etc.

Something changeable in the Editor might be interesting, like option to limit max squad to 30-100 in increments of 10. There are some clubs that will never have more for purely economic reasons and of course the reverse is true.

Sam
15-06-13, 09:39 PM
another thing i'd like to see on our fictitious update of the game would be the ability to cancel/arrange friendly matches at international level. Could do it on 97/98. I wonder why they took it out of the game.

Fods
16-06-13, 01:50 AM
Yeh and also to see more B Team International Games.

Coys
08-07-13, 05:53 PM
Stuff like squad size, b teams etc doesn't bother me at all.

The 2 things i would love are:

Return from Holiday set date

Player Enquiry.

Both of these were added in CM4 but it sucks they made the actual game shit from then on. 2 very simple things to add and would make the game even better imo :)

Spudiator
08-07-13, 10:38 PM

Player Enquiry.

Both of these were added in CM4 but it sucks they made the actual game shit from then on. 2 very simple things to add and would make the game even better imo :)

Adding them made CM4 shit, but somehow the same additions would make CM0102 better?! :der:

Coys
08-07-13, 10:50 PM
When i said 'they' i was reffering to the creators of the CM series :lol:

Just to clear that up :ok:

Fods
09-07-13, 12:21 AM

Player Enquiry.

You can do this by clicking on a match to view it and it will return you from holiday before that match... I think

Coys
09-07-13, 12:31 AM
Fuck really? will check that out!

Fods
09-07-13, 12:33 AM
Although if you play with a patch it sometimes doesn't work, dunno why!

Coys
09-07-13, 12:37 AM
Works just fine!

Cheers :ok:

Goofy
28-07-13, 09:06 PM
You can do this by clicking on a match to view it and it will return you from holiday before that match... I think

Never knew that.......... what do you mean by "clicking on a match"?

Coys
28-07-13, 09:19 PM
In a teams fixture list

BobMem
29-07-13, 01:32 PM
Can you view by clicking in a team's fixture list? I thought you had to click in the fixture list from a particular date in a competition?

Coys
29-07-13, 04:33 PM
Where the result is usually displayed in the fixture list. Click that box and it will come up with view.

Kingsley
31-07-13, 12:05 PM
I don't think it works when your own club has a fixture on the same day.

316'sRegen
31-07-13, 12:08 PM
It would be good though for skipping the summer or the world cup or whatever, selecting the final to be viewed.

When does the game create the fixtures for the season, like drawing the intertoto cup and things?

It would be handy to be able to holiday through the summer but not too much to eat into the fixtures, I'm thinking international fixtures may be the best ones to use for this shortcut.

edit: I guess a friendly could always be set up by yourself on the chosen return date

dryrain
23-08-13, 09:12 AM
The simple answer is yes. I have tried more modern football management games but they are too complicated and time consuming. What I like about this game is I can sit down for 30 minutes or 3 hours and still enjoy myself. I would make a few tweaks regarding the cheering of the background when i play games. I mute it now too annoying. Also if the rules were updated regarding loans etc.

Spudiator
02-09-13, 08:37 AM
I would make a few tweaks regarding the cheering of the background when i play games. I mute it now too annoying.
You do realise you can just switch the sounds off completely, right? Personally I don't even install the sound files when I do a new game install, never particularly found that feature enhances the game in any way at all.

BlackyM
03-09-13, 07:04 PM

i just add, some another unemployed manager...so everytime after game is done...it automatically stops showing results to that other manger, so I can easily take control of real manager again immediately after each game

316'sRegen
04-09-13, 03:52 AM
i just add, some another unemployed manager...so everytime after game is done...it automatically stops showing results to that other manger, so I can easily take control of real manager again immediately after each game

we want to skip a period of time. Not Sim the team's matches!

gavo01
05-09-13, 10:04 PM
I'd like to see clubs deducted upto 15 pts when entering administration like they do in real life.

Champions league and Europa leagues updated to recent format.

Definitely more leagues.

Media interaction is ok but could do with more regular interaction.

So to sum up, pretty much what others have said on here.

Oh, and I would definitely buy it.

Coys
06-09-13, 12:33 AM
Good suggestion regarding the point deduction :ok:

Kingsley
06-09-13, 12:01 PM
Sadly, I think this thread shows why an updated version is just a pipe dream. With just 68 willing buyers at, say, 30 a piece, that would pay for about 1 day of a programmers time (and that is without testing, production, packaging etc). It is just not economically viable to produce a niche product which will take sales away from the companies core.

Short of one of us winning the Euro Millions and being able to do a deal with Eidos, it ain't going to happen, so forget the dreams and enjoy what you have, the best footy game ever.

316'sRegen
06-09-13, 12:46 PM
Whilst commercially not viable for a studio, it does show that some members (myself included) would be willing to pay for the forum's updates perhaps.

BobMem
20-09-13, 02:35 PM
Whilst commercially not viable for a studio, it does show that some members (myself included) would be willing to pay for the forum's updates perhaps.

I know the people don't get paid but I consider VIP membership as my contribution to 'keeping the game alive'. Next season I may even have to pay out of my own money seeing as I'm not looking like winning the Fantasy Football :D

Topofthekop
20-09-13, 03:43 PM
Sadly, I think this thread shows why an updated version is just a pipe dream. With just 68 willing buyers at, say, 30 a piece, that would pay for about 1 day of a programmers time (and that is without testing, production, packaging etc). It is just not economically viable to produce a niche product which will take sales away from the companies core.

Short of one of us winning the Euro Millions and being able to do a deal with Eidos, it ain't going to happen, so forget the dreams and enjoy what you have, the best footy game ever.

^ This.. Sadly :(

Cam F
23-09-13, 12:53 PM
Only 91 voted on this, not going to be much of a petition to Eidos :lol: maybe should make it a question when people download the update, that way thousands might vote and then Eidos more likely to be impressed if they can see the ka ching ka ching.

Pasquale
24-09-13, 10:29 AM
Sure, and maybe with the championships of Andorra and San Marino :pound:

BlazeRavenwolf
24-09-13, 10:37 AM
Surely if edios see the work on this site and the amount of members that download our update thay would see how financally viable this CM3 platform would still be now

I for one would buy a new CM3 game, maybe with more leagues, the problem with the newer games is the fact that they are too in depth CM3 is the way to go in my opinion

Maybe I'm just a bit simple but the CM3 format is great

Pasquale
24-09-13, 01:08 PM
Surely if edios see the work on this site and the amount of members that download our update thay would see how financally viable this CM3 platform would still be now

I for one would buy a new CM3 game, maybe with more leagues, the problem with the newer games is the fact that they are too in depth CM3 is the way to go in my opinion

Maybe I'm just a bit simple but the CM3 format is great

I agree with you ... Champ Man 01-02 is beautiful precisely because it is simple and does not go into too much detail ... FM game is too complex of its kind

Fods
25-09-13, 01:10 PM
I thought when I saw Pasquale posting that he would ask for Northern Irish cup to be disabled in the new Update :peace:

Z
26-09-13, 07:09 PM
It will not happen:flypig:

However, why don't we all pitch in and buy the rights to the game?! :eyebrows: God know Eidos are not interested in developing a decent management SIM...

Psmith
27-09-13, 02:19 PM
It will not happen:flypig:

However, why don't we all pitch in and buy the rights to the game?! :eyebrows: God know Eidos are not interested in developing a decent management SIM...

Now that's an idea!

Wonderful avatar by the way ;)

gavo01
28-09-13, 07:47 PM
Now that's an idea

But wouldn't you be buying the rights to the name as SI have the rights to the game core.

316'sRegen
29-09-13, 09:28 AM
They'll never sell the game engine as it is still used in the newer games, albeit a newer more polished version.

konola
07-10-13, 07:51 PM
If they seriously improve the game and add new, modern features and security, while keeping the same spirit. Yes.

Jesus
03-12-13, 06:44 PM
If they seriously improve the game and add new, modern features and security, while keeping the same spirit. Yes.

Define 'security'.. Backup saves?

info0
15-12-13, 12:24 PM

It has been already done...

Cardinal
15-12-13, 02:08 PM
in a heart beat, best of all the CM/FM games ever done.

Cardinal
15-12-13, 02:10 PM
Why not start a campaign and lobby them and show we want it? doesn't hurt to try?

Fods
18-12-13, 01:10 AM
Fodster signs petition.

Go for it Cardinal, get one up and running.

BlazeRavenwolf
18-12-13, 10:17 AM
I'll sign it too

Doubt it will change their minds though

Lewis MacLeod
23-12-13, 04:51 PM
Most definately

I have never been able to get into any game since CM 01/02. I actually played it for 8 years up until 2009, editing transfers myself every day, until my game became corrupted

The same platform but updated to the present day (officially, not with fake dates of birth) would be unreal

andrewguk
01-01-14, 07:14 PM
Absolutely. Who wouldn't :)

Agreed:ok:

Martyboy
17-01-14, 03:30 AM
Absolutely I'd buy it...I quite liked CM03-04 but hated the only FM I tried(09)....01-02 is king as far as I'm concerned...:rockon:

Szkodi
24-02-14, 06:16 PM
I would probably buy it as well.mi would definitely do it with ChampMan 0304 even if I would get decent editor with possibility of changing age by x amount of years.

Gotta say lads that BGS is allowed to play with core but Eidos is a part of Square Enix now and they r not interested to do it anymore. Future of gaming is online and on apps so they do that instead.

ajra21
06-04-14, 05:51 PM
Agree with you 100% there. I hate the way it's takes so long just to play one day, I could play more than a season on CM while I'm playing the pre-season on FM. :)

all the new manager games are like this sadly.

The simple answer is yes. I have tried more modern football management games but they are too complicated and time consuming. What I like about this game is I can sit down for 30 minutes or 3 hours and still enjoy myself. I would make a few tweaks regarding the cheering of the background when i play games. I mute it now too annoying. Also if the rules were updated regarding loans etc.

agreed. many of the changes suggested in this thread would improve the game.

i actually enjoyed CM4 (and CM03/04) though it took me a while to get my head around some of it IIRC.

Fods
07-06-14, 05:01 AM
Can we stop this coming up as a new post now. Fed up of seeing Arja21 as the last post :)

BobMem
07-06-14, 08:05 AM
Can we stop this coming up as a new post now. Fed up of seeing Arja21 as the last post :)

Does my head in, although we're not helping the situation :p

Fods
07-06-14, 02:16 PM
Id rather be me or you than Arja :ok:

Rapinoe
24-06-14, 01:42 PM
With some of the changes mentioned, yeah I would buy it! The only football manager games I've played are this and 03/04, and I prefer 01/02... already 03/04 had more detail than I wanted to deal with, picking when they play pig in the middle and whatnot. Maybe add the ability to give scouts permanent assignments?

Though oddly enough I love the level of detail in EHM 2007, especially in terms of setting tactics and scouting. Though perhaps that's a factor of me knowing more about hockey than football.

Whyme
27-06-14, 03:43 AM
Definately :)

It's so much better than the FM games, so much more FUN which is the whole point of playing right?

Every year FM try to make game too realistic which takes the fun out of it (in fact I'd almost say FM games are tedious). If I want realism I'll follow the real life stuff lol

Wrexham
30-06-14, 01:35 PM
I bought FM2014 the other day it was 75% off on steam. Gave me a renewed appreciation fro how good cm0102 is. There is just too much detail you feel you will never play the game at 100%. The interface is very poor too. cm/fm is a game of analysing information and the way fm presents things makes it hard to take the information in.

I played one match on fm2014 and could not be bothered with any more. I think I would like something 90% the same as cm0102 but maybe just more leagues and nations.

BobMem
05-07-14, 10:02 PM
Would you buy updated cm0102? Yes
Would you pay to have this poll closed so it stops appearing as a new post every time someone votes?
Without a doubt.

Topofthekop
07-07-14, 07:56 PM
Wont be much need to buy an up to date version at the rate that Tapani, John Locke and some of the new guys are going. We would have all we need right here other than the correct structures for CL etc

Goofy
08-07-14, 07:39 AM
We would have all we need right here other than the correct structures for CL etc

We might even have that soon too :ok:

info0
08-07-14, 02:20 PM
Doubt it mate. You would need massive code rewriting undoable in "normal" patching.

Maybe Tapani is thinking about what I wrote though. Injector and re-writing game code on the fly. That would be awesome ^^.

Buzzonly
03-08-14, 07:42 AM
What I mean, if Edios, for some reason, decides to update CM 01 02, and makes CM 13-14 edition, with everything the same like in CM 01 02, except, it edits Champions League, Europa League and add all other competitions, like u21 championships and adds more leagues...

Would you buy it?

I know I would :adoration:

Let's make petition for them to do so xD

Yes...I'll buy it..

nexima
07-08-14, 04:21 PM
this is a non-sense pulse checking.. answer is NO...

merkezekrem
15-08-14, 07:37 PM
Can someone please close this poll!!

BobMem
15-08-14, 08:43 PM
Can someone please close this poll!!

Seconded.

eddieC
12-11-14, 11:45 AM
I would definately buy it.... i have a plan for this when i win the lottery btw...

but for now... i think what we need, is a JL/Tapani style exe editor, that incorperates, all changes that have been made indifferent patches throughout the years, and lets you pick whichever ones you want and which ones you dont...

I think the key is, to make it as customizable as possible because lets face it, we all see the game differently, so rather than force hardcoded changes on players of the game, it would let YOU decide how it looks and plays...

Also, an editor that would allow you to make your own league patch using one tool, would be great, especially for those who cant get to grips with olly and offsets changing....

Now THAT, i'd pay for!

Liam
16-04-15, 03:37 PM
I'm just writing this post to piss off Merk

merkezekrem
20-04-15, 09:49 AM
Don't be lazy liam, get new accounts signed and vote for the poll every other day so it looks like there is something new but there isn't :rant:

claudemattkelly
21-06-16, 04:50 PM
Can anyone help with this question... better still build the answer?

The game came out 16 years ago and I wouldn't change the current format of the game for the world. I LOVE IT. I played it then and I still play it now thanks to the great work of the guys here.

BUT

This game relies on 'out of date methods' e.g. the CD and lugging a laptop around. Most computers don't even have a CD drive anymore. Give it 5-10 years and the game won't be able to be played because the technology will become obsolete.

SURELY some clever boffin can develop this game so it works as an 'App' on an iPad/desktop/iPhone with touchscreen. Don't change the game what so ever but update the technology.

Anyone help? Is it funding? Knowledge?

Thanks

316'sRegen
21-06-16, 05:54 PM
People would walk in front of cars :heh:

CMCZ
21-06-16, 06:03 PM
Great idea. I definitely would fund if there was a raisefunding for something like this. But I think it's hard as at the time CM 01/02 was created SI games and Eidos worked toghether and they don't do anymore. To me it's uncertain who has the rights of the original game.

Some things that I think should be in:
-Correct competitions (new set up of leagues in the Netherlands, Croatia, Champions League, EC, WC etc. etc.)
-Rules of these days: foreigner rules, no bosman, no golden goal etc. etc.
-More realistic transfers (no 9 gk's in one team)
-Correct national teams (the 11 with the highest HR's in the first 11, not based on league reps.)
-New playable leagues (China!)
-Retirement age of managers up
-International Staff next to managers
-More job opportunities for staff (managers can become scouts, scouts become assistents etc. etc.)
-Better balance between GK's, DC's and DMC's and SC's (DMC and SC always high ratings)
-Better chances for talents to make a breakthrough
-A new editor which also allows to edit all club names, competition names etc. etc.
-New game texts and an editor which allows you to change and edit game text.

Probably will edit some more :p

Redknapp69
21-06-16, 11:04 PM
you can play it without disc as well mate :ok:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=630

Fods
21-06-16, 11:52 PM
And it works on Android, just not IoS (yet)

Offside Trap
22-06-16, 02:09 PM
And it works on Android, just not IoS (yet)

Is that the 01/02 version that works on Android? I'm using Ios so got no joy, but hell If I knew this was the case, I'd change my phone in a flash - I recall getting some sort of version of Champ Man an a phone, but had all these "in-app" purchases, just wasn't me

jdgmedia
22-06-16, 02:22 PM
I must admit, I did think that an iOS app of the game must be viable.

Fods
22-06-16, 02:24 PM
There is a thread dedicated to it, open them eyes boys

Offside Trap
22-06-16, 02:25 PM
I've just read some guides Youtube about Android and installation process. Mind you, like you said, CD Roms are no longer on laptops, or at least I recently purchased, but fortunately I've CM0102 on a memory stick that I can install direct from there

316'sRegen
22-06-16, 02:46 PM
it's been merged anyway...

:sleep:

Tierney-LFC-1990
18-02-17, 10:09 PM
I would 100% buy this if it ever came to fruition and at any cost!!

The things I would like to see is an option to have a basic 2D match engine, just so that you can see your players carrying out your instructions. The competition structures up to date and transfer windows. Histories updated of all the players and competitions. Ability to arrange International Friendlies and an editor that allows you to update everything simply so that it will never have to be re-released again.

We can dream can't we!! :-)

BlazeRavenwolf
18-02-17, 11:43 PM
I would be epic if it were ever to happen, but I think that unless we could raise millions it never will

Also Edios and SI are never going to work together on it IMO!

I believe SI own the name and Edios own the rights to the look of the game

info0
19-02-17, 03:10 AM
Eidos cannot make CM. After all whole team which made CM moved with Sports Interactive to SEGA or retired by now. Truth be told it would be hard to convince anyone to make as simplistic game as CM nowadays. FM sales do not lie. Year in year out it's the best selling PC game (boxed) and when counting in digital sales it rises the bar even higher.

FM fans ARE more hardcore than CM. SI/SEGA will never back stab that fanbase. That's what I know for sure. Maybe as side project they COULD make something akin to CM possible on mobile platforms, but seeing how FM handheld failed, they might never attempt to bring their games on smartphones/tablets.

I will be blunt: stop dreaming about CM. Either move on with times (yes, that means switching to what most people here hate: FM) or stick with CM for rest of your lives. For me the choice was obvious and no, I don't buy FM each year when it comes out. I wait. It's not a game which gets old and it's always nice to see what patches change (plus you have pr0 updates for it for whole season +more).

Ah and yes, I do play full FM mode, for those who prefer simpler approach there is always FMH mode (re-branded from FMC - FM Classic). Super fast, hassle free, but unfortunately without possibility to update the db yet. ;(

Tierney-LFC-1990
19-02-17, 07:48 AM
Eidos cannot make CM. After all whole team which made CM moved with Sports Interactive to SEGA or retired by now. Truth be told it would be hard to convince anyone to make as simplistic game as CM nowadays. FM sales do not lie. Year in year out it's the best selling PC game (boxed) and when counting in digital sales it rises the bar even higher.

FM fans ARE more hardcore than CM. SI/SEGA will never back stab that fanbase. That's what I know for sure. Maybe as side project they COULD make something akin to CM possible on mobile platforms, but seeing how FM handheld failed, they might never attempt to bring their games on smartphones/tablets.

I will be blunt: stop dreaming about CM. Either move on with times (yes, that means switching to what most people here hate: FM) or stick with CM for rest of your lives. For me the choice was obvious and no, I don't buy FM each year when it comes out. I wait. It's not a game which gets old and it's always nice to see what patches change (plus you have pr0 updates for it for whole season +more).

Ah and yes, I do play full FM mode, for those who prefer simpler approach there is always FMH mode (re-branded from FMC - FM Classic). Super fast, hassle free, but unfortunately without possibility to update the db yet. ;(

Fair points there mate.

I would however if I were them, scrap FM Handheld completely and introduce a game very similar to CM01-02 on Handheld devices and also as a third option on the PC game (alongside the full version and FMC). This would certainly do for me!

Tierney-LFC-1990
19-02-17, 07:51 AM
Either that or give the update team/programmers on here the code and rights for the game? That way we could all keep this great game going 'officially'.

Maybe if we all chipped in and brought the code off of whoever has it :rofl: