PDA

View Full Version : Error Database..cpp 17353 on March 2012 Update

barney
04-03-12, 08:23 AM
MOD NOTE -

If you have updated your database before 4PM GMT on March 4th, 2012 you may and probably will get this error, please download the update again as the error is resolved.

As a quick fix if you don't want to download again, open the Editor, go to Tools > Validate Database (run this twice), Save and Close and start new game (your player history files if you do the 2nd method so a fresh install is recommended (obviously ignore this if you have redownloaded))

Apologies from the inconvenience caused

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all been playing latest update and keep getting this issue popping up everytime i hit continue game button .......35
Every time i hit the ok button in error box game does continue to next day.....
Any ideas how to stop this from happening??

Fods
04-03-12, 08:29 AM
http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/16298-Error-3.68-Database.cpp-17353?highlight=17353

Fods
04-03-12, 10:40 AM
Im only playing 3 leagues and I am getting this error now!

barney
04-03-12, 02:45 PM
hi mate i think i might of stopped it from happening have been playing with 11 leagues and not happened once so far after an hours worth of play!!!!

Conman
04-03-12, 05:03 PM
I can unzip all the files apart from the euro.cfg ... any ideas what I can do?

Dermotron
04-03-12, 05:03 PM
It must be associated with a specific league, what leagues are you selecting?

Cam F
04-03-12, 05:12 PM
Is it not USA that causes it? I mind I had problems last update & did an experiment after advice from Fods & it was USA that was the problem.

Dermotron
04-03-12, 05:18 PM
Nah USA causes a crash on August 1st but that issue doesn't exist in our databases anymore.

Can you go past the 17353 error? And what date is occurring on or is it random?

One last question, is everyone getting this error using the 2.19 patch?

Dermotron
04-03-12, 05:31 PM
I can unzip all the files apart from the euro.cfg ... any ideas what I can do?

Right click and select Unblock, then overwrite the euro.cfg in the Championship Manager 01-02\Data folder

barney
04-03-12, 05:56 PM
yep am certain now i have cracked it nearly 3 hours of game play with 11 countries... arg, brazil. eng,france,germany.greece,holland,ita,spain,scotla nd and portugal and no crashes or anything......no Error Database..cpp 17353!!!! :clap2:

Dermotron
04-03-12, 06:03 PM
Any idea who you picked before? Looking at this and old threads it might be with Aus (there's already a bug there too)

barney
04-03-12, 06:05 PM
all u need to do is validate the update in the championship manager 01-02/editor folder then it will run with no crashes well mine has......
The validation then makes a validation log.........

barney
04-03-12, 06:07 PM
11 countries... arg, brazil. eng,france,germany.greece,holland,ita,spain,scotla nd and portugal and no crashes or anything.

maraduzza
04-03-12, 07:05 PM
yeah i keep getting this error message too

Dermotron
04-03-12, 07:21 PM
What leagues are you selecting maraduzza?

A little bit more info might help pinpoint the issue

Fods
04-03-12, 10:12 PM
I choose, Aus and Eng (Fioreground), Italy Spain and Portugla (Background) with Tapani 2.19

Dermotron
04-03-12, 10:19 PM
Cheers Fods.

Think I've sorted it now.

Can someone do me a favour and re-download and test please? (can't get the error myself)

Fods
05-03-12, 12:33 AM
Seems ok now geeza :ok:

BlazeRavenwolf
05-03-12, 02:09 AM
I am not using the patch for the simple reason I have had problems with it in the past so just use the update

BlazeRavenwolf
05-03-12, 02:11 AM
its annoying having the old league names but thats something i will have to put up with i guess

Fods
05-03-12, 02:13 AM
2.19 patch doesnt amend league names

BlazeRavenwolf
05-03-12, 02:14 AM
oh yeah it was the old Zoaoa patch or what ever it was called

Fods
05-03-12, 02:30 AM
2.19 has no issues mate

Dermotron
05-03-12, 10:21 AM
Seems ok now geeza :ok:

Cheers Foddy :ok:

maraduzza
05-03-12, 12:52 PM
i have 2.19 tapani patch
leagues selected are belgium,denmark,england,france,germany,holland,ita ly,portugual,scotland,spain and sweden
although it aint coming up now,touch wood ;)

Dermotron
05-03-12, 02:44 PM
Solution in the OP

Pabbers
13-03-12, 11:37 PM
This does not get rid of the error.

he game continue's, any reports of crashing later on ??

Cheers gents

Dermotron
13-03-12, 11:52 PM
It does get rid of the error, just not in a current save game.

Pabbers
14-03-12, 12:04 AM
I started a new, but saved over a current save.

So will this crash at some point ?

Fods
14-03-12, 12:09 AM
Download the new version from the link and it will be fine. You will need to start a new game as your save game will eventually crash if you are using the original download

wato20
14-03-12, 01:19 PM
hmmm....

Maybe i need to be concerned...

For Are You The Next two.

In all my tests the game was fine.
I could easily run on holiday 10 years into the future.

But then, at the end of the 1st season, i got these errors...

I carried on, and its now into the 2nd season..

Will it crash later in the game?
Do I need to download the data again?
And redo all the players?

As that wud be annoying.
although not the end of the world...

Dermotron
14-03-12, 01:20 PM
I think they can be got passed, just a nuisance if you are holidaying though

Topofthekop
27-03-12, 01:50 AM
MOD NOTE -

If you have updated your database before 4PM GMT on March 4th, 2012 you may and probably will get this error, please download the update again as the error is resolved.

As a quick fix if you don't want to download again, open the Editor, go to Tools > Validate Database (run this twice), Save and Close and start new game (your player history files if you do the 2nd method so a fresh install is recommended (obviously ignore this if you have redownloaded))

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloaded the update (5th March) not had much chance to play as of yet.. But got this error twice within space of a week (game time)

Leagues selected = England, Spain, Italy (max database)

The link below which fods posted - comes up with:

Not Found

The requested document was not found on this server.
Web Server at champman0102.co.uk

Am going to do download it again, And run test in morning now. Will let you know if still getting further errors and try to work out which league it is.

Fods
27-03-12, 01:52 AM
I still get it sometimes on Max Database, but it clicks through, game runs fine and doesnt crash.

Personally think its down to the sheer volume of players and random clubs in the DB nowadays.

Topofthekop
27-03-12, 01:57 AM
I still get it sometimes on Max Database, but it clicks through, game runs fine and doesnt crash.

Personally think its down to the sheer volume of players and random clubs in the DB nowadays.

Cheers.. Will still try a fresh install in morning.. Or I may use GK save game editor to see if that will sort out any errors. I know medium data and 4 leagues ran fine.. But max data and 4 leagues had same error... You gotta expect things like this from time to time with this legendary game :)

Fods
27-03-12, 02:00 AM
Sure have mate, never had the error on Minimum or Normal databases either ;)

Am sure the boys will look forward to your feedback on the pool :ok:

Dermotron
27-03-12, 09:14 AM
If you validate your database you'll get the error, the player histories get screwed up and require a 2nd validation. But if you do that you'll lose about half the player histories plus most of the 2010/11 data :(

Topofthekop
22-04-12, 12:07 PM
Just thought I would add in here that I downloaded again last night. Clean install after removing everything to do with the old install including deleting any registry entries..

Around the start of the club world championships is where I get the error. This is on both a normal and maximum database with 3 leagues selected (eng,spain,italy)

I dont want to validate database through fear of screwing it all up.

I am hoping that maybe someone else will be able to figure out what is causing this problem to come up.

Topofthekop
22-04-12, 02:50 PM
Just thought I would add in here that I downloaded again last night. Clean install after removing everything to do with the old install including deleting any registry entries..

Around the start of the club world championships is where I get the error. This is on both a normal and maximum database with 3 leagues selected (eng,spain,italy)

I dont want to validate database through fear of screwing it all up.

I am hoping that maybe someone else will be able to figure out what is causing this problem to come up.

Think the problem is indeed the world club championships. I tried to disable it using johnlockes tools but that only caused a crash around the time it ended. I am currently testing it out without any patch at all to see if it happens when the wcc should usually run (without tapani patch applied)

Cam F
30-04-12, 10:15 PM
Quick question, is the error message to do with names being wrong in the euro.cfg file? just wondering as noticed i get it in my CM3 project & want to fix it if possible.

Dermotron
30-04-12, 10:19 PM
No Cam, it was something to do with the History Files. No issue if you dont validate the DB. Have you the Club Comp Files updated for the CM3 Project?

You can grab the latest from the thread in Patches Discussion and manipulate to how you want

Topofthekop
30-04-12, 10:20 PM
Quick question, is the error message to do with names being wrong in the euro.cfg file? just wondering as noticed i get it in my CM3 project & want to fix it if possible.

No Idea mate, I havent looked at the euro.cfg file... Only noticed it on this most recent update

Topofthekop
30-04-12, 10:22 PM
No Cam, it was something to do with the History Files. No issue if you dont validate the DB. Have you the Club Comp Files updated for the CM3 Project?

Not necessarily to do with history either, Or have you proved it is?

I have never ever validated the DB and had the problem on a large DB game...

Cam F
30-04-12, 10:23 PM

You can grab the latest from the thread in Patches Discussion and manipulate to how you want

Nope just left them as they were in 3.68 db. I never validate db as once it fucked up all the players positions.

Dermotron
30-04-12, 10:29 PM
Not necessarily to do with history either, Or have you proved it is?

I have never ever validated the DB and had the problem on a large DB game...

I can't recreate it if the DB hasnt been validated. Now that's not a cure, more just a preventive measure

aim-11
06-05-12, 04:33 AM
Hi all i am still getting that error duo i followed the solution in the opening post.....

Please help.....

Fods
06-05-12, 08:55 AM
Mate.. Read the whole thread :rolleyes:

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 01:56 PM
Hi lads,

Can anyone please help me?

I'm playing with the September 2012 Data Update and the 3.9.68 patch and i've just done one full season with Liverpool. It's now the 2002 World Cup and i have an error come up saying

Error

v3.9.68 Database..cpp 17353

The game still simulates through without any problems but then the message comes up again and so on. Any ideas?

Cheers lads,

Matt

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 02:42 PM
Will my save game eventually crash? I'd be so gutted, if it does :(, really enjoyed that season after clinching 4th spot!

Dermotron
20-11-12, 02:45 PM
As you'll see it's from opening the Editor and making changes but not validating twice - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?352-Error-Database-cpp-17353-on-March-2012-Update&highlight=17353

Not sure about the save though

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 02:51 PM
But i never opened the editor and made changes mate lol. Or do you mean because the people who made the update did?

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 02:52 PM
Also, what will the error actually effect in my game? Hopefully i can just ignore it and continue past it.

Dermotron
20-11-12, 02:57 PM
In the March 2012 DB it was validated before release which caused the error. Sept 2012 didnt have it.

Looks as though it can be bypassed. Only really affects those who use holiday mode.

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 03:03 PM
How comes i'm getting it in the September Update if it doesnt have it mate? Will the error affect my game in anyway, like players histroies or anything?

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 03:13 PM
If anyone can help me, i would be really grateful. Really don't want this save game file to eventually crash :(

Dermotron
20-11-12, 05:00 PM
Did you read the other thread at all? You should be ok

Tierney LFC
20-11-12, 10:32 PM
Yeah mate, I read the whole of that thread. I hope it don't crash lol

ironballz
10-06-17, 03:23 PM
MOD NOTE -

Hi all been playing latest update and keep getting this issue popping up everytime i hit continue game button .......35
Every time i hit the ok button in error box game does continue to next day.....
Any ideas how to stop this from happening??

I am new to all of this, the editor is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\Editor" in case it helps any other noobs.

ironballz
10-06-17, 03:33 PM
I am new to all of this, the editor is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Championship Manager 01-02\Editor" in case it helps any other noobs.

Ack! I spoke too soon. It comes back after a while.