PDA

View Full Version : Youth Players

Fiestita
15-03-12, 07:02 PM
I'd like to learn how does the thing work.

I've played many games, and got teams with the lowest and the highest facilities, with lots of good coachs and none. But the thing is that investing in facilities and coachs didn't enssure good players coming up from youth team. I found myself getting woodlegs while playing in top divs with youth academys and also managed to get real gems in lower divs and without coaches and facilites.

So, is it a totally random thing? Or is ther a trick to get at least decent young players every pre-season (the time when they usually get promoted)?

LR
15-03-12, 07:18 PM
IMO is a totally random thing. I've managed Athletic Bilbao several times and it's a club known for his "cantera" and i only remember a couple of youth players promotions.
In the other hand, i don't know if this happened because of them being basque and all. But the strangest thing is that Alavés promotes every single season 2/3 basque players.

Fiestita
15-03-12, 07:25 PM
Playing with Royal Spa FC in Belgium got shitty players for 5 or 6 seasons, then got top facilities and top coaches. The 7th season got really good youngsters, and so on.

Played a similar scenario with Fano in Italy and never got any good youngster, even after 15 seasons =/

EDIT: I remember now that River Plate and Boca Juniors always get cracks, I managed River after 14 seasons in another club and it was full of crack youngsters from their youth team. This happen every time I play long games... Maybe it is a hard coded thing for certain clubs?

Erkifino
16-03-12, 08:37 AM
As long as I've being playing, it's been random. I think in all my years I've gotten one decent player. But I guess when I started playing back in the day I always had a full squad of 50 players so there was no room... It does make that one player extra special though, which is better than getting a regen of your old (world class)team!

Dermotron
16-03-12, 10:06 AM
The less players in the squad the more chance of young players coming through the ranks. So a squad of ~35 is optimum for get more youth players too.

Not sure if it's relative but does the game have an eye-for-eye system with retiring players similar to regens i.e. if a player retires at you're club, his regen will come through? Could explain why the bigger/prestigious clubs get the lions share of good youngsters coming through (even though that could be more of a nudge towards realism).

If you notice when a player retires whilst on his free, his regen will return on a free also, but if he retires at a club, his regen will end up at a club (not 100% if its the same one mind you, but I guess some % ends up at the club at the time of retirement

Fods
16-03-12, 11:13 AM
Doesn't explain the guisely regent tho....

Dermotron
16-03-12, 11:14 AM
Guiseley have some strange flawed rep, like -50 or something. A bug but an interesting one!

Fods
16-03-12, 11:27 AM
Used to love finding giggsys regen there. :D

ebfatz
16-03-12, 11:33 AM
-50?
Does it show that in editor then?
Always knew they got decent regens. Didn't know reason.

So much I don't know about this game!

Dermotron
16-03-12, 11:38 AM
No I think it only shows in the .exe

Dunno if it still works now they are in the Conference North and using a Tapani patch. Be a fun job trying to win everything with only players that come through their youth system.

ebfatz
16-03-12, 11:59 AM
Ah I see.
Must be a bug then.

Could you put a -50 into the editor do you reckon? Would it work? Or a save game editor?

Could put an interesting spin on games.

Dermotron
16-03-12, 12:08 PM
I think it's -50 out of 10000 like CMScout's ratings.

No you can't add minus reps for clubs I'm afraid. Would be ideal for clubs that do have a rep for producing good footballers - Crewe, Nantes, Le Harve etc.

Zorb
19-03-12, 12:11 PM
It used to be common to keep track of the players at Guisley as they always appeared to get more than their fair share of regens. That was mainly due to a rediculous club reputaion of 65000+ due to a flaw in the database (it was coded as zero). With the March update, Guisley are now in the English Northern Premier and so have a sensible reputation. I was wondering where all the regens now went to.

After running a couple of tests with the March update, Sandwell appears to be the club to look at for regens, bouth for quality and quantity. Don't know if anyone wants to try it out to confirm my findings.

Fods
19-03-12, 12:19 PM
Try about ten years worth of tests, use GpF2 to find regens and keep a track of the clubs they regen at!
That would then be worth a thread :ok:

MrBuckminster
23-03-12, 09:56 PM
Guiseley used to be a hotbead for Irish and Welsh player. I regularly would find Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs regens there. They would always be over 25.

LAD2012
27-03-12, 04:59 PM
Guiseley used to be a hotbead for Irish and Welsh player. I regularly would find Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs regens there. They would always be over 25.

I miss those days.
The last few updates I've struggled to find the teams that have the regens coming through.
Anyone found any other teams on this year's March update that does the regens?
I also can't find Sandwell though that might be due to not having the conference & lower divisions on

Dermotron
27-03-12, 05:01 PM
More likely is you are not playing on Maximum Database

Skalidis
27-03-12, 05:02 PM
In my game once the FIFA world player of the year was a regen at Gainsborough Trinity, they wasnt even in the conference. He'd scored something like 90 goals in a season. Bought him for next to nothing.

Dermotron
27-03-12, 05:03 PM
World rep must have carried over from when he retired!

LAD2012
27-03-12, 05:03 PM
More likely is you are not playing on Maximum Database

Indeed. I only had the English main leagues switched on. Damn. I'll bear that in mind for the next save game though. Poor old Guisely I was quite fond of them! ha.

Pegster
27-03-12, 07:18 PM
I've always seen more players being bought from Braintree than Guiseley by other clubs. Braintree is also quite possibly the best name of a club (and town) in the game.

JLa
21-05-12, 01:05 PM
I've started a game managing Gloucester in the CN. I thought I'd try something harder this time: not signing anybody and solely relying on youth players coming through.

But how do I get these youth players? They seem to appear totally random. At other clubs, both big and small, players have been popping up so often that it annoyed me. My current squad has only 12 players, and I could really use a couple of substitutes. A right-back wouldn't hurt either! :lol:

Some of you guys seem to know this game inside out - do you know the answer to this one? And please don't let it be "get top notch youth and training facilites" ..

Elliott
21-05-12, 02:29 PM
I did a long career across UK, which after about 8 seasons culminated in me joining Rochdale. I took them from D3 mediocrity to Champions League winners in I think 7 years. At the start of that time I was getting dross promoted from youth team, but I won the Champions League with two excellent young British youth team promoted strikers helping to lead the line, and other youth players were also of better quality too. The difference really seemed to be when I got into the Premier League.

Also in that game which was very interesting was after managing 5 seasons with Carrick Rangers in Northern Ireland I resigned and took over Rhyl. I sent scout out for youth and picked up a regen on a free called Ian Smith. His stats were excellent even then, and yet he was quite happy to join a Welsh club. I only stayed for two seasons because I'd won it all in that time. His contract then expired and he left the club, and yet nobody signed him. I had joined Albion Rovers in Scotland and his wage demands were too high, but after only a season I got hired by Rochdale and signed him on then. Note that he had been without a club for all that time.

He is the one player that I took all the way from D3 to winning the Champions League. He is my captain, and now captaining Scotland internationally as well too I'm sure. His stats must have improved somewhat, but not noticeably so, and yet he has coped with every level of football admirably. Why did no-one else sign him in all that time?? Madness!

I guess it was down to reputation? He had only played for a Welsh League club, and it seems it was only him and me that knew he was a good player.

Fods
21-05-12, 02:46 PM
I've started a game managing Gloucester in the CN. I thought I'd try something harder this time: not signing anybody and solely relying on youth players coming through.

But how do I get these youth players? They seem to appear totally random. At other clubs, both big and small, players have been popping up so often that it annoyed me. My current squad has only 12 players, and I could really use a couple of substitutes. A right-back wouldn't hurt either! :lol:

Some of you guys seem to know this game inside out - do you know the answer to this one? And please don't let it be "get top notch youth and training facilites" ..

What if that is the answer to your questions?

JLa
22-05-12, 07:39 AM
What if that is the answer to your questions?

That would make me a very sad panda, and we don't want that, do we?

I was thinking, if the youth players actually are regens ... I guess players don't start retiring until between the first and second season. No retirements -> no regens -> no youth players for me. Could it be as simple as this? If so, I'm gonna have a tough season. :lol:

Fods
22-05-12, 07:41 AM
There should be a decent amount re-genning after season one, the chances of them coming into your team though is... well slim... why would they come through your team when there are a few hundred thousand to regen too in the DB?

The first time in ten years of playing the game I had Paul Scholes retire on me and the following day a regen came through the ranks, checked on GPF2 and it was Scholesy, first time Ive ever had a decent regen come through the youth set up, and thats with Man Utd, Excellent facilities etc etc

JLa
23-05-12, 07:59 AM
Update: during the summer between season 1 and 2, I got 4 new players. Two DC's, a DMC and a D/DMR. This might work after all .. :) Now I keep my fingers crossed for a back-up keeper and forward next season!

shikaka
23-05-12, 08:05 AM
Update: during the summer between season 1 and 2, I got 4 new players. Two DC's, a DMC and a D/DMR. This might work after all .. :) Now I keep my fingers crossed for a back-up keeper and forward next season!

To help yourself, you should also sign players who have never been signed by anyone. (players regenerated "to without club")

JLa
23-05-12, 09:39 AM
Naaaah.... MAYBE I'll sign a scout and send him out to search for youth players (previously unsigned free-agents). I don't really want to, but it might be the only way. On the other hand, the greyed-out players are more than good enough for Conference/Conference North football. I won the league in CN. :)

JLa
24-05-12, 08:26 AM
Only one player promoted during season 2. Another DR. Finished 2nd in the Conference and is currently cruising through FL2. Ten points clear at the top. :ok:

Michael
24-05-12, 11:03 AM
Essentially it's all random.

But you can help your chances of decent regens by doing certain things.

If you pick a league like Finland, where there aren't many decent Finnish players in the database then even plowing all your money into a youth academy isn't going to produce any decent regens because there aren't any to regenerate.

If you pick a league like Greece, where there aren't many staff in the database, then there won't be many staff retiring each year, so less regens to share around.

If you pick a league like Italy or England where there are many 1000s of staff in the database with probably a few hundred retiring each year then the chances of having a regen will be greatly increased. That said, the better ones will be pushed towards the top teams with the best academies. And with 100s of clubs to pick from, having a small squad does seem to help.

Then again, it might all be completely random.

Fods
27-05-12, 07:26 AM
There should be a decent amount re-genning after season one, the chances of them coming into your team though is... well slim... why would they come through your team when there are a few hundred thousand to regen too in the DB?

The first time in ten years of playing the game I had Paul Scholes retire on me and the following day a regen came through the ranks, checked on GPF2 and it was Scholesy, first time Ive ever had a decent regen come through the youth set up, and thats with Man Utd, Excellent facilities etc etc

I just got John Terrys regen come through my ranks:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3143/74565795.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/74565795.jpg/)

Along with Kevin Nolans and Phil Jagielka's :ok:

churky
27-05-12, 05:05 PM
Woa, that's impressive, fodster. :shocked: I've never had such good regens coming through my ranks.

Youth system is one of the few things that has annoyed me in CM 01/02 from the very beginning in 2001. The number of youths coming through, their position and ability all seem completely random. That part of the game is effectively broken.

Cue Derm coming here and calling me a miserable git. :P

ebfatz
27-05-12, 06:13 PM
Me
Clh g hbio

Ed vee

Fods
27-05-12, 09:04 PM
Woa, that's impressive, fodster. :shocked: I've never had such good regens coming through my ranks.

Youth system is one of the few things that has annoyed me in CM 01/02 from the very beginning in 2001. The number of youths coming through, their position and ability all seem completely random. That part of the game is effectively broken.

The game I am playing involves only buying current and former United players, so using GPF2 to find regens of ex united players and then signing then up, my squad is at a bear minimum at times so maybe this has something to do with it?

churky
27-05-12, 09:22 PM
The game I am playing involves only buying current and former United players, so using GPF2 to find regens of ex united players and then signing then up, my squad is at a bear minimum at times so maybe this has something to do with it?
Yeah, I think the fewer players you have, the more youths are coming through. However, it's still "fewer", "more", meaning we know nothing for certain. :/

Dermotron
28-05-12, 09:22 AM

Nope, that's a genuine annoyance of everyone :D

BlazeRavenwolf
28-05-12, 01:31 PM
Only time I remember getting a good regen was on 02/03 on XBOX

I was Carlisle Utd whom I took over in 2006 after getting sacked from Chelsea, I took Carlisle from Div 3 to Prem with consecutive promotions - whilst in Div 1 in 2010, I got an amazing English GK come from my youth team - Dunno who's regen he was, but if I remember correctly David James had just retired

AMC
28-05-12, 02:17 PM
On a game with Reims a few years ago I had Zidane and Pires both come through my academy within months of each other. That's as good as its got though.

kuy
28-05-12, 09:42 PM
I've had some gooduns come through at Barcelona, not using GPF so I don't know for sure whose they are but I can post some screenies if anyone's interested? (Using Sept 2010 ODB-style database)

Coys
28-05-12, 10:05 PM
I would be interested :ok:

kuy
29-05-12, 09:14 PM
I would be interested :ok:

I'll get some up in the next day or two :ok:

scemoka
01-06-12, 04:35 PM
I have similar story in my save game too. During play in my game i noticed Toul/Croix-de-Metz every year around 15 players promoted and sells many of them. It is very interesting. Than i opened save game editor and i saw Toul/Croix-de-Metz has -345 reputation. in cmscout it has 65182. Now i edited through save game editor to set reputaion -345,choosed 3 clubs near Marseille region, near Clairefontaine and near Le Havre region. Going on play with very realistic fountain of youth. ;)

Fods
03-06-12, 04:58 AM
Just got Kiran Richardson through my youths

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4646/21368745.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/21368745.jpg/)

Fods
03-06-12, 04:58 AM
Just got Kiran Richardson through my youths

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4646/21368745.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/21368745.jpg/)

Fods
05-06-12, 09:32 AM
And Danny Haynes, John Ruddy (both 16) and Paul Anderson

kuy
12-06-12, 10:02 PM
I'll get some up in the next day or two :ok:

Totally forgot that I was going to do this! :lol: I've been crazy at work the last couple of weeks

RBM1
01-08-12, 06:47 PM
in my chelsea game where i went about 18 seasons, ive produced 2 world class MRC, and 3 brilliant central defenders, also had another center back who had potential but didnt get a look in, had a striker i was working on aswel but never got there.

Fiestita
07-08-12, 03:32 PM
I've found a pattern dudes. Playing the exact game but with different coaches.

In the fist one I have an assistant with 15 in working with youngsters, and all my coaches have 19 or 20.

After three years, got 3 decent players from 6 that were promoted:

http://thumbnails66.imagebam.com/20485/59c478204841578.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/59c478204841578)
This guy is Batistuta's sub and last season was playing in 2nd div on loan. He scored 23 goals.

http://thumbnails81.imagebam.com/20485/57bc2b204841586.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/57bc2b204841586)
This guy is a solid first squad member and my DM C for every match. Got him at age of 15 and became a starter soon.

http://thumbnails80.imagebam.com/20485/bf504d204841598.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bf504d204841598)
Got this one this season. CM Scout shown 150 of PA with 35 of CA, so seems pretty good.

Playing with good coaches, that do not have good stats working with youngsters (10 or less) got 10 shitty crappy players in the same amount of time.

Further playing may be necessary to confirm, but I think the whole thing comes up for coaches that work well with youngsters. Racing Avellaneda has only average facilities and I never had this rate of good youngster coming up (one good player every year).

technoir
08-08-12, 05:37 PM
I found a way to get multiple number of players in one season. You can release promoted player as soon as he will appear in your match squad. Than next 2-3 days next new player willl appear. Afterwards you can sign on free whoever you released. I was doing it it in one season and i got 10 players :D

Fiestita
08-08-12, 08:20 PM
Noticed that in the save with coaches that don't boost up youngsters. Got a lot of crappy players, but still a lot xD

BlackyM
03-09-13, 05:07 PM
Guys, is there a way to lower number of youth players appearing in major teams. Now, I'm in season 2035, and all of the major team have full squads (50 players) due to high number of useless youth players.

So for example, Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real, have huge amount of money on their accounts, but they can't buy anyone due to this and they are in 2nd divisions.

Thanks

Topofthekop
03-09-13, 06:26 PM
No dont think there is a way. Youth players are generated randomly. So in my eyes the only way to sort of solve the problem as it stands would be to save the game non compressed and use GK save game editor and remove them all by releasing them on bosman.. But then thats only a temporary solution

BlackyM
03-09-13, 06:43 PM
I noticed that some teams generate those players extremely quickly, and some not so quickly...example I cleared manually players of major clubs, 20 in each team. And Arsenal, Man UTd, Milan needed only 6 months, to generate 20 players, while Dortmund or Chelsea generated only few.

Fods
03-09-13, 10:47 PM
There is a whole thread on Regenerated players and how the regen and who they regen for

konola
07-10-13, 08:14 PM
Might depend on their "Training" value in CM Editor, not sure though.
It defines both the quality of the training ground and the quality of the football schools.
Barcelona,Roma,Inter and Arsenal generate too much, while Real Madrid and Chelsea geenrate very less :)

phil_jackson
14-10-13, 07:12 PM
I don't look at it as a problem. When you play long games, as I do too, you like some variations, otherwise it gets boring. And I like to take the lead of some high profile clubs which have fallen to D2 or D3, and lift them back up. Had they remained at the top, they probably wouldn't have hired me ;)

konola
15-10-13, 09:52 AM
Guys, is there a way to lower number of youth players appearing in major teams. Now, I'm in season 2035, and all of the major team have full squads (50 players) due to high number of useless youth players.

So for example, Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real, have huge amount of money on their accounts, but they can't buy anyone due to this and they are in 2nd divisions.

Thanks

This not a problem.
It is even a realistic event.
Your football school produces many players.
But not all players that promote from your academy and register to your football school are going to turn into professional players.

Due to a massive lack of talent and terrific lack of hard work in today's people generation who prefer facebooking and tweeting, it is very scarse that your modern-day football academy can even produce 3 top players a generation.

Even Barcelona's Masia can only produce maxium 3 top players per generation (97 generation : Puyol, Xavi. 2001 generation : Iniesta, Fabregas, Messi )

But in real life, Belgium is currently making an outstanding performance, as Netherlands did previously with Kluivert's Ajax.

1st - Seek advice, ask your coaches and scouts to give a word about the player. Good, bad, not useful.
2nd - Release them on free, release all the players that will not benefit to your club.

Players with the lowest stats should always be released.
Their parents can still register them at Oxford university. :D

To avoid facing this situation, always do your scouting job carefully and always try and recruit young players age 16-19 from your country, and always train them with all settings turned to max on their first year even if it gets them exhausted.

Kingsley
15-10-13, 11:02 AM
To avoid facing this situation, always do your scouting job carefully and always try and recruit young players age 16-19 from your country, and always train them with all settings turned to max on their first year even if it gets them exhausted.

Or, just ignore youth players completely and concentrate on the 1st team. Lets face it, the regen process and youth training is a complete lottery, so just release any that come through the ranks. Let someone else sort out the wheat from the chaff and once they are ready to come into your first team, snap them up. After a few seasons it's not as if money is a problem.

Fods
15-10-13, 11:04 AM
I once had a career game with United where I had the regens of Scholes, Ferdinand, Kevin Nolan, Leighton Baines plus one or two others come through my ranks

Fods
15-10-13, 11:07 AM
I once had a career game with United where I had the regens of Scholes, Ferdinand, Kevin Nolan, Leighton Baines plus one or two others come through my ranks

Just found the thread:

See here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/760-Players-promoted-from-Youth-Team?p=23969#post23969

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/760-Players-promoted-from-Youth-Team?p=25614#post25614

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/760-Players-promoted-from-Youth-Team?p=26030#post26030

konola
15-10-13, 12:51 PM
Or, just ignore youth players completely and concentrate on the 1st team. Lets face it, the regen process and youth training is a complete lottery, so just release any that come through the ranks. Let someone else sort out the wheat from the chaff and once they are ready to come into your first team, snap them up. After a few seasons it's not as if money is a problem.

Having a good youth team made of u-19 and u-17 players is always welcome.

My Real Madrid B team always use to be filled with very young talent all over from other spanish clubs as the Real Madrid academy produces very few local talents in CM0102.

Anyway, depends on how realistic you want your game to look like.

Personally, I can't focus exclusively on the 1st team since it is realy strategic to hold a handful set of good next generation players.
It both contributes to your team finances when you plan to sell them once they are superstars and also makes the national team stronger and better at all levels.

I love playing the Olympic Games and Copa America to discover young talents,especially from Sotuh America I took time to scout and select myself.
Some great youth players from my games. Some like Ostua, Van der Veen and Zaccanti were really outstanding world class players :

Pablo Alomar(Barcelona B), Mariano Ostua(Newells Old Boys), Pablo Serrizuela(Racing), Alessandro Rosati(Juventus), Miki Larsen(FC Kopenhagen/Denmark), Reinaldo (Palmeiras), Paul Briggs(Southampton), Arno Van der Veen(Ajax), Kevin van der Arnolt(PSV), Paolo Zaccanti, outstanding Juventus goalkeeper (Cesena) ...

Dude, some young players are the next generation world best players with many 20's like Falcao, Ronaldo and Messi. So always do some scouting, also do it.

Especially in South America, Spain, France and also Netherlands.

konola
15-10-13, 12:56 PM

Luke Williams('borough) is Scholes regen in real life and Moyes should sign him asap :)

316'sRegen
22-10-13, 01:17 AM
You can generally tell as soon as a player comes through from the youth whether or not they are viable as a player in a couple of seasons based on their attributes when they are 'born' into the game.

Tapani patch makes this side of the game much more fun. One season of intense training followed by perhaps a loan season and then they should be ready to break into your first team.

Of course you will notice if they don't develop as you would like and may sell them on during those two or three seasons.

As for all the other teams, I'd say far into the game the managers aren't as good generally except for the most famous ex players so it's possible the managers are just not sharp enough to realise their team is pants!

Toty10
10-12-13, 01:21 AM
Hey team,

I realise this is an old thread, but I'd like to add a few things to the discussion.

The less players in the squad the more chance of young players coming through the ranks. So a squad of ~35 is optimum for get more youth players too.

In my experience, the amount of players on your squad does have an effect on your chances of youth players coming through. Around 35 players is usually optimal, but any amount less than 40 should result in players coming through.

Not sure if it's relative but does the game have an eye-for-eye system with retiring players similar to regens i.e. if a player retires at you're club, his regen will come through? Could explain why the bigger/prestigious clubs get the lions share of good youngsters coming through (even though that could be more of a nudge towards realism).

The eye-for-eye system is not necessarily true. It is highly unlikely that a regenerated player will emerge at the same club at which he retired. In my saves, it's rare for a player to retire at a high-level club, making it less likely that his regen will be promoted there. In many more cases, a player will sign on as player-manager at a lower division club and eventually retire there; I've never seen a player-manager get regenerated at the same club he manages.

In my experience, it seems that higher repuation clubs (with the top training facilities) will always receive a large influx of regenerated players. This seems to be coded into the game. No matter how many steps I've taken, I have never had a season where I reach the same volume of youth player intake that the major clubs do. I believe they are exposed to less requirements in the generation process.

If you notice when a player retires whilst on his free, his regen will return on a free also, but if he retires at a club, his regen will end up at a club (not 100% if its the same one mind you, but I guess some % ends up at the club at the time of retirement

This point is one that would be interesting to research. I want to refute the hypothesis that a player who retires on free transfer will return as a free transfer, as I've never really noticed that happen. Players that return as free transfers are in the minority (this is not true for players whose nationality is not a playable league in CM0102); most players will be regenerated at a club. However, I have no proof to suggest that contention is not true.

Cheers,
Toty

Dermotron
10-12-13, 08:35 PM
The eye-for-eye system is not necessarily true. It is highly unlikely that a regenerated player will emerge at the same club at which he retired. In my saves, it's rare for a player to retire at a high-level club, making it less likely that his regen will be promoted there. In many more cases, a player will sign on as player-manager at a lower division club and eventually retire there; I've never seen a player-manager get regenerated at the same club he manages.

My post there was a query as opposed to a statement.

In my experience, it seems that higher repuation clubs (with the top training facilities) will always receive a large influx of regenerated players. This seems to be coded into the game. No matter how many steps I've taken, I have never had a season where I reach the same volume of youth player intake that the major clubs do. I believe they are exposed to less requirements in the generation process.
The training facilities is any interesting one but I suspect club rep has more bearing. A club that plummets 2 divisions and keeps a decent rep (15 down from 20 e.g. Man U in League 1) will keep producing good young players even if they are bankrupt. If a club is bankrupt facilities and the stadium take the most obvious hits. A club finishing ~17th in the EPL plus not doing anything of note in cups but has world class training facilities doesn't produce any more or better youth players than a club higher up the league but with a lesser facilities. It would be great if training facilities = producing better youth players. I think it is a little more random than good youth players end up at high rep club or club with top training facilities though which is always a contentious issue when trying to rate a clubs training facilities when updating. Does a club with a good track record of producing youth from mediocre facilities deserve higher training facilities rating than a club that essentially produces no players but have spent millions on the facilities themselves?

This point is one that would be interesting to research. I want to refute the hypothesis that a player who retires on free transfer will return as a free transfer, as I've never really noticed that happen. Players that return as free transfers are in the minority (this is not true for players whose nationality is not a playable league in CM0102); most players will be regenerated at a club. However, I have no proof to suggest that contention is not true.

Should have stated this seems only really applies to playable leagues since regens at unplayable leagues/nations generally regen from 24+ and 90% at a club. Found this most noticeable when playing in England but without Ireland/Wales loaded and before Guiseley were moved up some divisions (i.e. so they kept their -50000 club rep). The Irish and Welsh players regenerated at a club more often than not but with each league loaded, they regenerated as free players more often. The easiest one for me to spot is always Robbie Keane - retire on a free, regen on a free, retire whilst at a club regen at a club.

Looking forward to seeing you're research :ok: Great to see things like these explored in full

Toty10
11-12-13, 08:50 AM
The training facilities is any interesting one but I suspect club rep has more bearing.

I agree, club reputation has a lot of bearing. However, what I've noticed is that the reputation still has to be tied to a certain level of training facilities.

For example, I have a save where I manage Standard Liège. At the beginning of the game, Standard's club reputation (14 according to editor) is two points lower than Anderlecht's and one point lower than Club Brugge's. I've been more successful than those two clubs, which I can assume probably puts Standard's club reputation on par with Anderlecht, or perhaps slightly higher. But of greater difference is that I've been able to improve my facilities to "top plus youth academy" over several years, whereas Anderlecht and Club Brugge only have adequate facilities.

I've been promoting the upper echelon of Belgian regens over the past two seasons -- which, admittedly, is hardly a world class of footballer -- amounting to five, maybe six of the best Belgian players that have retired so far. Anderlecht and Club Brugge have not promoted any players which I can identify as having high potential ability. If club reputation had more weight, one would think that the Anderlecht and Club Brugge youth systems would be more productive, but they haven't been. Have I been astoundingly fortunate, or does one profit more greatly from having high-end training facilities?

Cheers,
Toty

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/toty14a10/Wilmots_zps4740e1ad.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/toty14a10/media/Wilmots_zps4740e1ad.png.html)http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/toty14a10/Degryse_zpseea6cdb8.png

LAD2012
15-12-13, 12:15 PM
Regarding the Autumn 2013update - anyone found any teams similar to the legendary Guiseley that produce youth players for fun?

churky
25-12-13, 10:22 AM
Here's a quick question regarding this. Has anyone managed to do something big using only players coming through your own youth team? I imagine it would be a pain trying to do a classic Conference-to-PL thing with having to rely on random players or lack thereof...

Goofy
26-12-13, 05:03 PM
Here's a quick question regarding this. Has anyone managed to do something big using only players coming through your own youth team? I imagine it would be a pain trying to do a classic Conference-to-PL thing with having to rely on random players or lack thereof...

Nope........ sounds like a good challenge though :ok:

JLa
27-12-13, 09:07 PM
I tried once (started as Gloucester), but gave up after a few seasons. The players coming through were completely random, through the years I got like four DR's but no goalie. I eventually allowed myself to scout for (and sign) youth players, and went on to win everything. As usual. :lol:

kikivampy
01-03-14, 01:49 PM
Hello!
Do you have any informations about the way the young players arrive in your team when you have a youth academy?
I mean that one year, 5 youngs come from the Academy, and another year, not one.
You can wait during 2 or 3 years before that new young players come...
An explication?
Thanks!

Profa
01-03-14, 11:38 PM
Can someone explain in detail what is best way to develop young player?Does he need to play as much as possible or sometimes, or on loan?
And how much it actually depends on game's predefined attributes?

Fods
02-03-14, 02:54 AM
Read here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=760&highlight=regen

Sam
02-03-14, 04:48 AM
Of course, some players will never become great no matter how much you play them, and no matter what training regime you put them on. However, in my opinion, the best way to develop young players who look like they could be gems is to give them game time. You can decide whether it be out on loan at another club, or in your 1st team, but 1st team football, no matter what the level, always beats reserve team football and training alone. When loaning a player out, have a look at the training facilities of the team who want your young player. Better training facilities will help in his development. Also, if you're willing to sacrifice domestic cups, you can give youngsters a run out in your 1st team that way.

But basically it's all about 1st team football. The more game time a player gets, generally in my experience, the better he becomes.

BobMem
02-03-14, 09:47 PM
Pretty much what Sam says.

In my experience you're more likely to get youngsters coming through the academy if you have a particular shortage in one position (or at least the game percieves you do). If, for example, you only have 2-3 strikers on the books you are likely to get a striker appear. The game is nice like that :)

Kingsley
03-03-14, 11:35 AM
One thing I was wondering, is there any relationship between the grey players in your squad and the regens that come through. Forinstance if there is a goalkeeper named Joe Blogs in your squad, will you get a keeper of that name. or is the name completely random ? (I suspect random)

Sam
03-03-14, 03:06 PM
One thing I was wondering, is there any relationship between the grey players in your squad and the regens that come through. Forinstance if there is a goalkeeper named Joe Blogs in your squad, will you get a keeper of that name. or is the name completely random ? (I suspect random)

On CM97/98 I remember taking over a Spanish non-league side full of greyed out players and when I played them they became "proper" players. Never noticed a correlation between "greys" and "propers" in 01/02 though

ajra21
06-04-14, 03:45 PM
Tapani patch makes this side of the game much more fun. One season of intense training followed by perhaps a loan season and then they should be ready to break into your first team.

Of course you will notice if they don't develop as you would like and may sell them on during those two or three seasons.

As for all the other teams, I'd say far into the game the managers aren't as good generally except for the most famous ex players so it's possible the managers are just not sharp enough to realise their team is pants!

Could you explain why the Tapani patch makes it more fun?

Fods
07-04-14, 06:00 AM
The earlier Tapani patches some would say are the best as the progress of youngsters was unhindered and players developed very very quickly. This changed on the 2.19 patch as tapani introduced slower player development. Leaves some people sat in the middle as I loved the unhindered player development but also love the new interface you get with 2.19. For me I stick to 2.19 patch for the new interface as although its great to have world beaters after a season or two I am actually preferring a more slower/realistic development

ajra21
07-04-14, 01:20 PM
The earlier Tapani patches some would say are the best as the progress of youngsters was unhindered and players developed very very quickly. This changed on the 2.19 patch as tapani introduced slower player development. Leaves some people sat in the middle as I loved the unhindered player development but also love the new interface you get with 2.19. For me I stick to 2.19 patch for the new interface as although its great to have world beaters after a season or two I am actually preferring a more slower/realistic development

cool. thanks. what do you mean by a new interface?

Fods
07-04-14, 01:21 PM
You must of noticed the difference between some of the screenshots I've been posting....

ajra21
07-04-14, 09:48 PM
You must of noticed the difference between some of the screenshots I've been posting....

err, no, sorry.

:(

Fods
08-04-14, 10:24 AM
This:

http://i62.tinypic.com/sqioft.jpg

Different to:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2551dee.jpg

Topofthekop
08-04-14, 11:10 AM
This:

Different to:

You mean ones a bigger load of shit than the other? :lol:

ajra21
08-04-14, 01:33 PM
This:

Different to:

ah, yes, i had seen that and while i like it, i didn't thing it was a huge change. i do wish i had the option to update the look of the game.

Fods
09-04-14, 02:50 AM
You mean ones a bigger load of shit than the other? :lol:

:lol:

That probably werent a good example. Its just the resolution size and mainly the 3 columns in the squad screen:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vkm8vo.jpg

ajra21
09-04-14, 03:43 AM
:lol:

That probably werent a good example. Its just the resolution size and mainly the 3 columns in the squad screen.

TBH, the 3 columns looks weird but i'd love to be able to add background pics, alter fonts & change up the transparency of the side-bar.

shilts
05-05-14, 11:25 AM
Hi All

Don't know if anyone will know the answers to these couple of questions but here goes....

1) I'm using the March 2014 update in a game where I have stayed at Hartlepool United for 13 seasons so far and I'm not buying any players unless I really, really have to - in other words, using the original squad plus players that are promoted from the youth team...and this is where the problem is. I have not had ANY players promoted from the youth team since the end of my first or second season. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? (we have top facilities plus youth academy and I employ full staff if either of these make a difference?)

2) Following on from the above, I've been thinking of doing the same thing with the original database but using the v3.9.68 (so that the game is quick) - do you think that the problem above would be related to the database being used or could it be a problem with v3.9.68?

Thanks in advance :)

Fods
05-05-14, 11:44 AM
This may help

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3761&highlight=youth

Fods
05-05-14, 11:47 AM
and this http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=676&highlight=regen

and http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=760&highlight=regen

shilts
05-05-14, 12:09 PM
Thanks Fodster - yes, kind of helps thanks :)

It explains a few things but (and I haven't read all of each thread) I can't see anywhere why we haven't generated any youth players in 11 seasons.....

I use the 2.19 Tapani patch - could this have an impact?

What I'd like is a fast game with youth coming through....is this possible with Tapani 2.19 and the March database? (I can't see why the database would have a huge impact - could it be the Tapani patch?)

Cheers :)

Fods
05-05-14, 12:21 PM
You would of noticed my posts in there, plenty of youth coming through and I use 2.19.

Main issues are club reps and training facilities which is covered in those threads

shilts
05-05-14, 12:48 PM
Cheers Fodster, will have a proper read :)

shilts
05-05-14, 01:21 PM
Right, so a squad with under 35 players should get youngsters coming through (I've had less than that for seasons - my current total is 25) and reputation / standing appears to play a part too, as well as coaches (possibly) and their working with youngsters rating.

Admittedly I'm managing Hartlepool United so reputation will be pretty crap no doubt but we're in the Premier League (and have been for 10 seasons approx), have won the FA Cup 3 times, the League Cup 3 times, the Premier League twice and were runners up in the Champions League last season but still we don't have ANY youth players being promoted. None. Not even crap ones. (And I have a full compliment of coaches and top notch training facilities)

The last youth player that came through the ranks was about 10/11 seasons ago.

Any ideas why?

I hope this reads as it's intended by the way - I'm not whining at all, these are just my observations and am looking for an answer of there is one :)

shilts
05-05-14, 07:01 PM
Just finished the season and had....THREE youth players promoted, happy days :)

The only thing I did differently was, despite having top notch training already, I asked the board to invest in youth development - which they agreed to - so maybe this had an impact?

I'll try it again this season and see what happens...

Fods
05-05-14, 08:58 PM
Ha ha like I already said and what is mentioned in the threads I linked :)

shilts
05-05-14, 09:38 PM
Make that SEVEN !!!!!!! Seven youth players promoted before the start of the season after going TEN seasons with none!

Means I don't need to mess about with the game, nice one :)

Fods
05-05-14, 10:00 PM
That as a good return. I wonder what the quality is. Do you spot them as any regens of quality players?

shilts
11-05-14, 06:11 PM
No, never used that to be honest. Quality-wise, a few of them are already first teamers (that said, I'm only buying players when I have to - ie if I don't have enough in a particular position).

What I have noticed is the players stats go up plenty with a bit of first team action.

Having played a few seasons since I posted this, I think there is a definite link between having top notch training and youth player promotion - even when it says you have top notch training, if there is the option to 'improve youth' via the boardroom, do it because it seemed to help me

Diggler
09-08-14, 08:19 AM
I spent yesterday updating the transfers across the major European leagues, I then decided to start a new game and basically not allow myself to sign any new players but rather rely on players coming through the ranks. The players I start with cannot be sold either but stay until they retire.

Has this been attempted before (it must have been) and if so how did the team get on?

churky
09-08-14, 08:22 AM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5400

Diggler
09-08-14, 08:57 AM
I'm doing this with Man Utd though. Didn't think about signing free youth players, might just restrict it depending on the quality of players coming through.

I also considered using their current 3-4-1-2 formation but given that I have limited defenders I may not do that....

ilovesanmarino
09-08-14, 03:44 PM
Ok, so this isnt the best example...

In my game, the now defunct Real Madrid C are in the lower leagues, with no links to Real Madrid i got them promoted to the top league but then abandoned them to their fate. Rather than plummet back to oblivion, Roberto Martinez picked them up following their relegation, got them promoted and took them to the top of the Spanish prem, duelling with Barcelona and Real Madrid proper, all with a 2000 seater stadium,

But how did he do this, and how, in at least six seasons has he NEVER SIGNED A SINGLE PLAYER??? well because Real Madrid C have the same youth facilities as Real Madrid proper, very quickly the team was filled with 50 players, not allowing the usual awful computer signings, and instead a bunch of loyal, promising youngsters, every time a player leaves, a new youngster seems to generate to keep the squad number maxed out

So if bobby can do it...
...so can you!

(I did give him a decent squad to begin with though)

Diggler
09-08-14, 08:02 PM
First half a season done, injury crisis so far but challenging. Decided to allow signing free youth players and allowing players to leave if they request a transfer. de Gea has been terrible so far conceding a number of last minute goals.

B-real
16-08-14, 01:52 PM
This probably sounds like a dumb question, but currently I'm playing a long-running game and I'm entering season 2048-2049. My training grounds are upgraded to maximum (Top facilities plus youth academy), I've recruited top coaches with high 'working with youth' and 'coaching outfield players' stats and my squad counts about 28 players with enough space in my reserve section, yet for the past 40 odd seasons I haven't produced a single youth player...
Does anybody knows what could be the reason for this? ATM I'm playing a Belgian club Antwerp BTW and all my coaches are Scottish, English, Italian or Russian. Could this be a problem? Or do your coaches have to originate from the country you're playing in in order to generate youths?

Another very odd observation I've made is whenever I play, no youth players are being promoted but whenever I go on a holiday and let my assistant takes over, youth players do appear.

Thanks in advance.

Rxx
17-08-14, 09:36 AM
Thats strange, yet again, the process seems to be completely random, I have done the same thing as you did, hired top coaches with "training youngsters" at maximum, top facilities plus youth academy, squads with about 30 to 35 players at max, and still, no youngsters, or very weak prospects.

Whyme
17-08-14, 10:22 PM
That's interesting. Are you guys completely dominating the leagues that you're in by any chance? I've found that the stronger my club is the less quality regens my club produces, also my scouts don't tend to find any decent youth players either. But when my club is struggling I've had sensational regens get promoted and my scouts uncover all sorts of gems. It's almost as if the game is card coded to help you out when your club is struggling. I've also found that training facilities make no difference in terms of players being promoted, maybe training facilities only make a difference to how much players attributes improve through training...

Tapani
18-08-14, 12:20 AM
As far as I know, regens are give out at random, weighted by club reputation/facilities. There is no check for who gets the good regens.
It is a human fallacy to see patterns when there are none. :-)

ilovesanmarino
18-08-14, 12:28 AM
Except when I chose to manage Bilboa :( you can't have regens if no-one retires (and you cant sign players if all the good ones have already been sold to better clubs). Stupid Basques

B-real
18-08-14, 06:01 PM
That's interesting. Are you guys completely dominating the leagues that you're in by any chance? I've found that the stronger my club is the less quality regens my club produces, also my scouts don't tend to find any decent youth players either. But when my club is struggling I've had sensational regens get promoted and my scouts uncover all sorts of gems. It's almost as if the game is card coded to help you out when your club is struggling. I've also found that training facilities make no difference in terms of players being promoted, maybe training facilities only make a difference to how much players attributes improve through training...

tbf I am currently (and about the past 20 seasons) completely dominating world football, winning every league and cup available, since I'm currently using cmscout to get all the good player. I'm losing or drawing like 2 games each season. Also currently I'm having like a billion dollars in my bank account. But in this same game I managed Aston Villa (England and Belgium are my 2 'open leagues') for about 20 season, being pretty dominant as well and I did get a decent amount of youth players at that club.

Although I have to admit something weird happened to me yesterday after I made this post. I played about 5 seasons with 22 players in my squad to experiment. For 2 seasons nothing happened. During my 3th I suddenly had one (pretty poor) youth player promoted but I gave him a contract anyway. Almost immediately after I had 2 other players coming through the ranks as well.

Could it be that promotion of youth players is somehow attached to whether or not you give them contracts, or is this just a coincidence?

Tapani
18-08-14, 07:26 PM
tbf I am currently (and about the past 20 seasons) completely dominating world football, winning every league and cup available, since I'm currently using cmscout to get all the good player. I'm losing or drawing like 2 games each season. Also currently I'm having like a billion dollars in my bank account. But in this same game I managed Aston Villa (England and Belgium are my 2 'open leagues') for about 20 season, being pretty dominant as well and I did get a decent amount of youth players at that club.

Although I have to admit something weird happened to me yesterday after I made this post. I played about 5 seasons with 22 players in my squad to experiment. For 2 seasons nothing happened. During my 3th I suddenly had one (pretty poor) youth player promoted but I gave him a contract anyway. Almost immediately after I had 2 other players coming through the ranks as well.

Could it be that promotion of youth players is somehow attached to whether or not you give them contracts, or is this just a coincidence?

My *guess* would be coincidence. Knowing for sure would be ruining the game, wouldn't it :-)
A big part of the fun is actually all the bazillion small rules SI games has added there to adjust probabilities like this one. I certainly would not want to find out that 80% of my theories were just coincidences :-)

Rxx
20-08-14, 02:19 AM
Bilbao is an hard case, I have only done one season with them, and it was easy, then left, five seasons later, they were relegated to second division, due to lack of good players, since most have been sold, and the youngsters were poor in quality.

Dermotron
20-08-14, 08:57 AM
Bilbao is an hard case, I have only done one season with them, and it was easy, then left, five seasons later, they were relegated to second division, due to lack of good players, since most have been sold, and the youngsters were poor in quality.

I wonder would it be worth us listing players that are unlikely to ever play for Spain as Basque/Spain instead of Spain/Basque, with the simple reason being to have regens for the likes of Athletic Club and others in future

Steel Force
23-08-14, 10:15 PM
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place!!!

My first team is full. But I want to sign some young players to boost my reserves as there aren't many in the team. Is there a way around this? I don't want to "drop" players from the first team in there as I am trying to build for the future when older first team players retire etc.

Any advice will be welcomed :):):):):):)

colml
24-08-14, 11:48 AM
Send a scout to search for youth players, or get your training facilities upgraded to try and produce some regens

dpetje
25-10-14, 08:48 AM
Hi,

Hi i have question about training. I used a lot of difrent traning tactic but my talents attributes don't rise or other player attributes too not depending of club. If i sell player to the other club the Attributes rasise very high but in my club dont. why?

Now i use this trainig. But like i said there ist no big change my players rating don't go up. I use club like real,milan or ajax.
http://shrani.si/f/3U/ee/43ZxY0jJ/gg.png

Coys
25-10-14, 01:40 PM
What coaches do you have?

dpetje
25-10-14, 04:31 PM
atm default coaches of Milan.

Libertine
27-10-14, 05:09 PM
This page is worth a read http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=714

Fods
29-10-14, 02:38 AM
Are u using the 2.19 patch?

Philnevillesface
30-10-14, 01:44 PM
Hi Guys,

This has most likely been posted before, but I'm struggling to improve youngsters stats. I'm playing as everton and in to my third season now looking to introduce some of those reserves into the squad. I've bought decent youngster found by my best scout, yet after a year of playing in the reserves all my coaches say that the player is not good enough. These youngsters have quite high stats in certain areas (like finishing for stikers etc..) so I cant understand why the coaches don't like them?

Do I need to just stick them in the first team and hope for the best? I don't really mess with the training but I guess this would help? I did read that putting them on intensive training can help but can make them injury prone.

On a side note I wont the league with Everton in the 2nd season :happy:

dpetje
30-10-14, 05:14 PM
No i dont. It is important?

alanshearer
02-11-14, 01:42 PM
Hi Guys,

This has most likely been posted before, but I'm struggling to improve youngsters stats. I'm playing as everton and in to my third season now looking to introduce some of those reserves into the squad. I've bought decent youngster found by my best scout, yet after a year of playing in the reserves all my coaches say that the player is not good enough. These youngsters have quite high stats in certain areas (like finishing for stikers etc..) so I cant understand why the coaches don't like them?

Do I need to just stick them in the first team and hope for the best? I don't really mess with the training but I guess this would help? I did read that putting them on intensive training can help but can make them injury prone.

On a side note I wont the league with Everton in the 2nd season :happy:

I use a combination of training and match minutes to improve my most promising youngsters.

For training make sure your coaches are as high as possible in coaching outfield players and coaching goalkeepers attributes, any other high stats are a bonus.

Training schedule for outfield players: MEDIUM, INTENSIVE, LIGHT, INTENSIVE, NONE.

For Goalkeepers: MEDIUM, INTENSIVE, NONE, LIGHT, INTENSIVE.

Try and get young players playing in the first team as much as you can, the more games they have the more likely they are to improve. I try and aim to get young players in before the age of 20 as this is the cut-off age for Champions League registration.

Would like to see a screenshot of your young players.

pathiakas
17-11-14, 09:28 PM
OK, so for starters, I've never been particularly good at improving young players' attributes. Sometimes I can see a few +1s per season, occationally a -1 too. But I noticed there's a detailed training sticky, so I have to go read that and see what I've been doing wrong. What I'm trying to figure out here is how to choose what youth players to sign up for developing.

Background. I'm managing Kildare County FC, now a couple seasons in irish premiership. Adequate facilities, pretty average coaches and scouts. Top-notch staff won't sign for me. The only way to get a really good coach is as a player/coach, who then reverts to coach after retirement, except with a default part-time contract, which he refuses to turn to full-time! Not sure if that affects their ability to develop players, but the dilemma for me is good part-time staff or crappy full-time staff! My scouts at least have 10s-12s in JPA/JPP, but not much more than that. Overall mediocrity at its finest.

I always sign up or keep youth players that are born with already decent values in what I see as key attributes for their positions. Example, a 17yo DC with jumping 15, tackling 8, positioning 12 is a good candidate - he could do reasonably well for me in the irish league already with these values, and improve further with those couple of points that my training can add to him. However, if that tackling or positioning were down at 3, then I'd probably pass, as I've never been able to raise an attribute from down there up to, say 12 or higher, which is what I'd need to consider him a good player for my club's average standards. Is it actually possible to improve a value by that much over the years, with the right training regime / coaches / facilities?

Also, sometimes my scouts will recommend players as "excellent prospects for the future". When I look at attributes, key ones can be as low as lower than 5! I ignore such advice, I'm basically using the scouts just to remove the fog-of-war and make attributes visible. I wonder if I should be listening to them more?! Since they have access to that internal PA value that I don't have access to. But does it matter that my scouts are average? I.e., is an average scout likely to recommend John Doh regen as an excellent prospect and Maradona regen as a player of some potential?

To conclude, I am basically wondering if one of the reasons I don't see my youths improving hugely might be that I'm promoting naturally born averages with little room for improvement over initially useless players with great potential!

What do you people think about these? I'd love to improve this part of my game. Would be cool to spot and develop a few great players, sell them on to top english clubs, follow their career from then on etc :).

faz44
17-11-14, 11:33 PM
I think you're on the right track. If you look at Eejit's thread, you'll see what he says about training regimes and the magic number (50!), as well as facilities. I've looked at this many times and physical attributes seem uncoachable. As I said on another thread, the only thing that improves is stamina and I'm not even convinced that's down to training alone. As a result, your guy DC with 15 jumping, 8 tackling and 12 positioning would be the sort of guy I'd look at because I would think that I'd improve his tackling and he has physical abilities you can't coach.

There's no indicator of coachability and playing players can make a difference, as sometimes the least professional, laziest players have the most gains. This can also happen with players that regen in their 20's. If I'm playing lower leagues on the most recent updates where technical and mental attributes can be thin on the ground, I always go for extreme physical attributes like acceleration, pace, jumping or strength because if the CA-PA gap is large enough, you can get some improvement technically. Essentially, Skill training, Tactics training and Shooting training can gain big, fitness does virtually nothing.

Desp
05-12-14, 03:23 PM
Guys, I try to discover this mystery from 2001 XD

Thanks to this site that allowed me to use cmscout perhaps have come to a conclusion XD

I played a season with Santhià (Serie C2 Italy) with the previous update (2012-2013).

When the game was composed of the rose 0 players. I used to find cmscout young medium potential (000-100), and I made up a shortlist of 23 players.

Players that I hired were all young (18-23 years).

At the end of the season the youth sector has generated more than 10 players.

This happened only in the first year, the year after the players have fallen more and more. When I was promoted to Serie A have not had more players generated.

Give it a try, starting from my suggestion, maybe we can find out if there is a formula (I'm sure there is a formula). In my opinion it is not random: /

Foggy
23-12-14, 05:03 PM
Hi, hope I'm not diverting things with this post, but I was curious to know if there are many talented young (real) players in thr database, the next batch of top quality players.

I've never gone beyond three seasons before, but i'm currently (in a network game with three others) entering into the fourth season.

Most of the quality players are entering the end stages of their careers at 29-30+.
There seems to a big shortage of talanted younger players. Maybe they're not showing up on my searches, or perhaps there aren't many in the database?

The latter of course would be understandable.

Fods
23-12-14, 05:08 PM
There are thousands in the DB

Foggy
23-12-14, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the reply fodster. That's fantastic to know. I'm having trouble finding them with the player and staff search though.

ajra21
03-03-15, 03:00 PM
earlier this year, i had a short (six years or so) stint with msv duisburg in germany. each season, i would get at least 2 youth players promoted and in one year i had 8.

Pacino
05-03-15, 07:07 PM
Youth players depends mostly on how much long you have squad.
Less squad = More youth promoted
Big squad = Less youth promoted

Training facilities is not key factor, i got prove on that many times. One time, played Sweden league and got promoted regen of Ibrahimovic with adequate facilities!

Duleto
10-04-16, 02:43 PM
Hello, guys! I am wondering is there any way i can make the game giving me youth player (maybe 5-10) EVERY season on a specific date (like in Football Manager). I have always wanted to play with my favorite club, Liverpool, only with our own youth players, but that is almost imposible in CM 01-02 because the game is giving youth players/regens on a random bases. :(

CMCZ
10-04-16, 02:56 PM
The closest thing is to edit some stuff in your editor.

1. Create a new club "Liverpool Youth".
2. Create the players you want in the future and add them to "Liverpool Youth".
3. Give your players a future transfer to Liverpool. (Use 01.06.2002 for june 2017, 01.06.2003 for june 2018 etc. etc.)

If you use the las october or april update their might be a club 'Reserves' in the DB. This is also used to transfer youth players in the future to English clubs.

Jagred
10-04-16, 07:40 PM
In cm 00/01 after start new game, youth players are genereted in 9.9.00 EVE. You can save game in 6.9.00 and try man times go next. I had best results with holiday mode(maybe assistant has an impact?). Few times with maximum data base I had 30 players. After first season, I save the game in 1.7.01 and I use holiday mode. When I didnt get any player I load game and try again.
In 01/02 sometimes you can get few players from 01.7 to 31.09

CM 00/01
http://i.imgur.com/sGS37fr.png
next 5 players
http://i.imgur.com/osyO8wA.png
next 3 players
http://i.imgur.com/qGWtiiq.png

When you choose welsh,irish and scottish as background league, you can get something like this...
http://i.imgur.com/Z83U0rH.png
http://i.imgur.com/gL4YoWI.png
http://i.imgur.com/p6aLhvG.png
Works only in teams from UK

Fods
11-04-16, 01:01 AM
Did you read this thread that you posted in?

Mark
11-04-16, 09:54 AM
More likely got merged into this thread, Fods.

Fods
11-04-16, 11:04 AM
Ahh yeh makes sense. Have a read through here Jagred, will answer all of your questions!

kaf
05-06-16, 07:26 AM
I suddenly had a thought. Does the amount of players on youth contracts affect the allocation of youngsters?

MVP
19-06-16, 10:41 PM
Background - I'm 15 seasons into my current game and managing in the Premier League with my current club for 2 seasons. I bought a young English goalkeeper who is 23 years old and very recently picked for the national team. He has been excellent for me and has all the right stats you'd want in a goalkeeper - anticipation, decisions, agility, handling, jumping etc. I bought him for £1mil and just received an offer for £10mil.

Now I have no reason to sell him, except last year a goalkeeper got promoted through my youth aged 16 years old that looks like he will turn out to be a superstar. He should definitely surpass my current goalie as he already has similar stats with a 7 year age gap. My plan was to keep my current goalkeeper for as long as possible as he is still young and I can keep him as my No 1 for 10 more seasons if I need to. In the meantime let the younger GK develop playing in the reserves and some cup games until he's in his early 20s and his attributes increase to what I am expecting.

However I am tempted to accept the £10mil and select the 16 year old goalie as my first choice now. Because he will be playing 50+ games a season since I'm in all the competitions (league, fa cup, league cup, CL) I'm wondering whether this would negatively impact the development of a young player playing so many games? I don't know whether it makes any difference that it's a goalkeeper as opposed to an outfield player? I know outfield players tend to get 'Exhausted' or 'In need of a rest' next to their Condition if they play a lot of games but not sure if that affects younger players and their performance/development? Any advice? Thanks.

316'sRegen
19-06-16, 10:55 PM
The more the younger players get games the more they develop. Until 24 or so. The only problem you can have with a young player like your keeper there is his stats might look great he could still perform poorly. The hidden attributes can cause this.

I would certainly put the you v keeper on the team to see if he can handle it and I the performance is good over a season then you'll k ow you can sell the current one.

Fods
20-06-16, 12:38 AM
I am all for youth and the only way they develop in my opinion is through first team football.

My recommendation would be... keep your existing number 1 for the next season (don't sell). Give 16 year old game time, all the cup games, all the games v lesser opposition. Even sub him on if you have a healthy lead.

if you existing keeper is that good too to have a 10m offer, they will come back when you feel 16 year old is ready and its time to sell..

Another idea woiuld be to keep both, its always good to have two decent keeps.

Desp
22-03-17, 10:34 AM
In cm 00/01 after start new game, youth players are genereted in 9.9.00 EVE. You can save game in 6.9.00 and try man times go next. I had best results with holiday mode(maybe assistant has an impact?). Few times with maximum data base I had 30 players. After first season, I save the game in 1.7.01 and I use holiday mode. When I didnt get any player I load game and try again.
In 01/02 sometimes you can get few players from 01.7 to 31.09

CM 00/01
http://i.imgur.com/sGS37fr.png
next 5 players
http://i.imgur.com/osyO8wA.png
next 3 players
http://i.imgur.com/qGWtiiq.png

When you choose welsh,irish and scottish as background league, you can get something like this...
http://i.imgur.com/Z83U0rH.png
http://i.imgur.com/gL4YoWI.png
http://i.imgur.com/p6aLhvG.png
Works only in teams from UK

how do we get this?

kaf
26-03-17, 02:52 PM
In my last save I played with transfer restrictions allowing to only buy two players per calendar year. Every summer I would get 4+ youngsters promoted even though I was playing EPL. So maybe the amount of transfers you make affects the number of youngsters you get.

upthehammers
21-04-19, 10:16 AM
Im currently playing with October 2018 upate and Saturn patch, im 5 seasons into a game and have yet to have 1 player promoted from youth team, no regens/newgens, I only have a small squad and very few reserves, is this a known problem or am I not doing something right? any help would be appreciated.

trunky
21-04-19, 04:22 PM
What's your training level?

upthehammers
22-04-19, 07:53 AM
I'm at West ham with top facilities and youth academy

Kingsley
22-04-19, 01:14 PM
I can only think that is a bonus. I've been playing since 01/02 was first released and every single youth player promoted to my squad has been total sh*te. I've got to the point of releasing them without even looking

Effiong unmarked!
22-04-19, 08:23 PM
What 'Working with youngsters' att does your assistant manager have? I read somewhere (possibly on here) that this is what determines the quality and quantity of youth players coming through, although there is a strong random element too.

boss4399
31-10-19, 08:17 AM
What is the best way to develop youngsters training or playing most of the games or loaning them?

MadScientist
02-11-19, 05:09 PM
What is the best way to develop youngsters training or playing most of the games or loaning them?

training helps, playing games gives a boost, loaning helps improving some mental atts

JLa
04-11-19, 08:44 AM
I prefer to keep them and play them as much as I can. There seems to be a bug with loanees, they are assigned to "no training" (have you noticed, when you loan someone they are not automatically assigned to any training, while if you buy someone they go straight to "general")?

I don't trust the CPU one bit. Worst case scenario would be to loan my upcoming star to a FL1 club with poor facilities if he's not played regularly either. No training and little game time = recipe for disaster.

That being said, I'm not sure how much playing time actually matters. I've had teens in my reserves and they suddenly get a massive boost (assistant message saying he's developing into a good player or something). Seems they'll improve anyway, as long as they are training and have some PA to fulfill.

MadScientist
04-11-19, 03:47 PM
There seems to be a bug with loanees, they are assigned to "no training" (have you noticed, when you loan someone they are not automatically assigned to any training, while if you buy someone they go straight to "general")?

This bug occurs only when human club loan a player from AI club, not the inverse. If you loan a player to AI club, he will be assigned to training. Now, the AI club might have some poor coaches and may give few game time to your player, so he still may not develop well. But in some circunstances it can still be beneficial to loan.