PDA

View Full Version : How are you doing?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Jesus
19-02-13, 01:12 AM
Selected Leagues: England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Scotland & Spain

This! Is! Sparta! (Rotterdam)

So after my exploits with Leicester I decided I'd try out a league that I'd never played before. Holland was my choice of country and Sparta Rotterdam would be the team that I would be managing. Things looked good on paper; the bank balance was in the green, the stadium at 11,000 seats and there was even some money to spend on fresh blood. The pressure was immediately put on me as the board were expecting promotion this year and after a quick assessment of the squad I plunged in to the market. Soon enough striker Barry Corr had arrived from Southend for a bargain price of £80,000. Joining Corr was defender David Wright (£110k), winger Jonas Borring (Free), defensive midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker (Free), goalkeeper Danny Coyne (Free) and veteran defender Francesco Bega (Free). The new additions freshened up the squad and added strength to some weak areas. My trusty 442 was adopted once more and the season began..

Now before I give you a break down of the season, I'll tell you how the Dutch First Division works for those who haven't played here. Each season three teams are promoted and three teams are relegated. The season is split in to four quarters and the team that performs best (ie, has the most points) in that quarter secures a playoff position. Six teams qualify for the playoffs from the First Division with two teams from the Premier Division also joining the fray in order to battle it out in two playoff groups. The winner of each group is promoted. Oh and of course the team that comes in first place gains automatic promotion. Got it? Good, because it took me a while to get up to speed as well.

The first quarter started off slowly for us and we never really gained any momentum in the first eight matches. Four wins, two draws and two losses meant that we would finish the first quarter 5th and I got the feeling that the league wasn't going to be as easy as I'd had hoped. The second period brought some hope to Sparta but again we weren't good enough and finished third with four wins, three draws and one loss on the record books.

I felt like this was going to be a long season and doubt crept in to my mind as to whether or not I'd be able to actually achieve promotion this season. After sixteen games (two quarters) we were in a high flying second place and I had my eyes set firmly on first place and automatic promotion. The third quarter consisted of ten games this time and with six wins, two draws and two losses we weren't able to improve on the previous quarters finish and had to settle for third place again; all wasn't lost however as we sat top of the overall league!

I made the last quarter all about solidity and knew that if we kept up a good run of form we would be able to secure the championship. Another eight games were played and six wins and two draws was enough to wrap up the title with two games to go. Get in!

We also enjoyed a good run in the Dutch Cup. Hardenberg were crushed in the first round 5-0 followed by Zwolle (2-0) and Heracles (2-1) to set up a quarter final tie with Dutch giants Ajax. I was excited for the game and felt like we had a real good chance of progressing if we put in a good performance at our home ground. The game started and we applied pressure as planned however the wheels started to fall off when Danny Coyne brought down Siem de Jong in the area with only six minutes on the clock and was shown a red card. I was gutted and Christian Eriksen made no mistake in slotting home the penalty either. The lads rallied together though and we were able to keep Ajax at bay until half time. After an inspirational team talk I sent the lads on their way and we continued to play well; unfortunately we weren't able to even test the Ajax keeper and when David Wright saw the red mist in the 78th minute I knew it was all over. Final score: Sparta 0-1 Ajax.

Stand out players for the season for me have to be the my striking duo of Barry Corr and Mario Bilate. Corr notched 33 goals in 33(4) appearances with an average of 7.76 and Bilate notched 29 goals in 33(1) appearances. Bilate also had an astounding average rating of 8.35 for the season! I'm keen to keep hold of the pair of them for next season and 21-year-old Bilate looks like an absolute machine for the future.

Jokerjake7
20-02-13, 03:46 AM
I have played from May-October but the game decided to minimize while in full screen and then when I tried to get it back up in just displayed a black screen, and I hadn't saved since the end of the season.

A super Greek defender came up for sale for a cheap price (he had 20s everywhere) but I've forgotten his name. I was unable to sign him as he agreed to join Celta originally but they couldn't afford the £3.2 million fee. He would then agree terms with Arsenal.

David Villa wanted to leave as it was "time to move on" and couldn't extend his contract which runs out in the end of the upcoming season so will need to get a star striker. My main target is Defoe from Newcastle but I don;t know if they will sell him.

I want to sign a midfielder too but don't have any targets. I'm going to go through my midfield and see where I am the weakest.

The unhappy defender stopped being unhappy and signed a new contract before the forced restart however there were many great defenders available for cheap in this transfer market (several on a free transfer) so I will likely sign a good defender.

I need a backup keeper too but this is my last concern. I think Collins only got sent off once and hasn't been injured yet.

I have a few transfers on the way out due to unprotected contracts but these are people I haven't used in years so will happily take the low compensation as I probably couldn't sell em for that amount.

To gain the people I want I will have around £26 million (£12 million TV rights, love it lol) to use if it fits in with the figure from before the restart.

The stadium has been upgraded several times but I don't know it's current capacity as I have forgot.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
22-02-13, 12:06 PM
You play in full screen! :shocked: :twitch:

Jesus
25-02-13, 11:28 PM
Life With the Big Boys

And so with the first seasons successes and celebrations out of the way, I began preparation for the season ahead. The Del Boy in me began wheeling and dealing immediately and eight players were shown the exit with twelve new faces replacing them. Amongst the new arrivals were two goalkeepers, two midfielders, two strikers and SIX defenders. Upon reflection I felt I had gone a bit overboard on the defensive front but I had invested in some talented youngsters as well as seasoned veterans. The squad was shaping up nicely and I felt we had a real chance of holding our own in the Premier Division.

Christian Poulsen (DMC)
Dimitirus Gikas (DMC)
Chris Barker (DLC)
Gerard Aajfes (DC)
Mark Ellis (DC)
Maxwell (DL)
Lee Collins (DRLC)
Matheus sa Silva Martins (SC)
Jamie Ashdown (GK)
Kim Hyun-Sung (SC)
Ryan Innis
Seb Brown (GK)

We began our life with the big boys with a solid 2-0 win over Willem II. A solid performance saw us record 11 shots on target and I couldn't have asked for a better start to the season. We continued to make good progress in the league which included a 1-0 win over last year's runners up Feyenoord. After ten games we were sitting in fifth place and I felt that the team were gelling nicely despite the summer shake up. Another ten league games in and we found ourselves top of the league, slightly edging it over last years winners PSV. I was delighted but knew we had to maintain our focus if we were to upset the bookies. The lads pushed on and we soon found ourselves locking horns with Ajax for first place.

We continued to trade places over the next fourteen games and it would be the last game of the season that would decide who would be the champions. We would face fifth place Heerenveen at their ground whilst Ajax had an easier away fixture against sixteenth place ADO Den Haag; we did have the one point advantage however. I was confident going in to the game and knew that all we needed was determination and nerves of steel to pull off one of the biggest upsets in the league's history. My best XI was selected and the lads were given their orders - win, at all costs. I don't know if it was the pressure I'd put the players under, or if the players themselves didn't believe they had what it took, but it immediately showed that they were nervous. Shot after shot sailed past the Heerenveen keeper's goal and I screamed for them to be more clinical. My words fell on deaf ears though and Heerenveen were soon 1-0 up. Half time and we had it all to do, especially as I'd received the news that Ajax were ahead in their game. The second half was soon under way and it wasn't before long that I was looking up to the skies for some sort of miracle. Off came a disappointing Barry Corr and on came Silva Martins in the hope that we'd be able to rescue something from this shambles.. And would you believe it, it was that man Silva Martins who popped up in the 90th minutes to bag an equaliser and give us a slither of hope. However, it was too little to late, and Ajax had managed to keep a clean sheet and secure the title on the last day of the season. Bah, humbug.

Jesus
28-02-13, 12:10 AM
The Second Assault

So with the bitterness of last season finale still fresh in my mind, I was as determined as ever to get revenge in the next season. I still wasn't happy with my squad and felt that I needed to strengthen in some key areas. Over the summer a total of seven players left Sparta Rotterdam accumulating me a nice tidy sum of £2million. This allowed me to sign Matteo Brighi (MRLC), Boban Lazic (AM/FRL), Youness Mokhtar (AM/FRL), Danijel Majkic (DMC) and Efrén Irazoki (GK). With the midfield beefed out, I was ready for the second assault on the Premier Division.

We got off to a good start and after ten games we were sitting in second place behind a rejuvenated Feyenoord. I was pleased with the start and knew that we just needed to be consistent; unfortunately the lads decided they would do the opposite and five games later we'd slipped to fifth place. An awful run of form was to blame and I doubled the training intensity to hopefully pull us out of our rut. The plan worked and with ten games left we were back to second place; however we were still trailing Feyenoord. Fortunately for us Feyenoord were beginning to lose steam and we took full advantage of their misfortune as they slipped to fourth place in the space of three games. Five games to go and we were sitting at the top of the league and had opened up a small gap. I still urged the team to stay focused and with a game to spare we wrapped up our first Premier Division title.

In the Dutch cup we were handed what I thought was a tough third round tie against Ajax at their place. As it happened we bulldozed them and recorded an amazing 5-0 win. Our momentum followed in to the quarter finals against MVV and we went one better by winning 6-0. We'd made it to the semi-finals with ease and we only needed to overcome Heerenveen to get to our first domestic final. The game kicked off and before we knew it we were 1-0 down. I quickly tried to turn things around but defender Gerard Aajfes was sent off five minutes later and we were fighting against the tide. Heerenveen were too good for us and poked another goal past our stranded keeper before Lee Collins put the ball in to our own net. A 3-0 defeat and we were out of the cup.

Due to our runners up position last season we were given a chance to qualify for the Champions League. Unfortunately for us we would have to overcome Manchester City if we wanted to get anywhere near the group stages. The first leg was a nervy and edgy 0-0 draw and we had it all to do in the reverse fixture. However we weren't able to get that all important away goal and James Milner scored the only goal of the match to put Manchester City through. Gutted.

Even though we didn't qualify for the Champions League we still had a chance at the UEFA cup. Slask Wroclaw were swept aside in the first round (4-1), before Sparta Prague (6-1), Braga (1-1, won on penalties), and Lazio (1-0) fell before us to set up a quarter final tie with Hannover 96. We dominated the first leg and a 3-0 win was enough to put us through to the semi-finals against Liverpool. We would face Liverpool at home first and Paul Gladon scored the only goal of the game to give us the advantage. We held off a frightening Liverpool attack in the second leg to progress to the final against German giants FC Bayern.

On the day of the final, the nerves were clearly showing before the game as this would be the biggest crowd the team had ever played in front of (58,108). I tried to get the lads focused but it seemed that they were out of their depth and a Gomez hat-trick sunk us. Kim Hyun-Sung did get a consolation goal but it just wasn't our day.

I must admit, this is the most challenging Premier Division I have competed in. In both season it's gone down to the wire and I'm absolutely loving it. Hopefully the board will expand the stadium and we'll be able to put in a good performance in the Champions League.

Kowalinho
02-03-13, 11:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bE18Cmi.png

Back in action, now to conquer EL (by German Cup)

Darth Vader
04-03-13, 03:25 PM
I've played this game (on and off) for a few years, and it's almost always been great fun. Having recently become frustrated with FM2013 (I'm taking some time out!) I decided to go "back to my roots", and so started a new game with 0102 again (3.9.68), and my starting team of choice, Farnborough Town.

Over the years I've developed my own tactic, a 4321 which is not narrow (it's effectively a 433). Lots of tweaks, in-game changes etc. etc., and the tactic has always been successful over a season. It's evolved as all good tactics do.

When I started the game again I made a few changes wib wob to the 4321. Promotion to Div 3 came quickly, as did a welcome FA Trophy win. But something else came along too, and it was a complete surprise. Personally I've never achieved this before and I was a tester for 0102 at SI.

I'm sure others have achieved this in similar circumstances but it's probably very rare. I can assure you that this result is genuine despite the improbability, and I have certainly not tampered with anything other than my tactic.

This is just plain weird.

Goofy
14-03-13, 08:47 PM
Just about to start my second season with Linfield........ didn't realise there's no CL place :( Will need to have a good Uefa Cup run then i suppose! Tough to get good players in so a decent challenge overall :)

BlazeRavenwolf
14-03-13, 09:22 PM
OK I will give my first 3 season here then hopefully update more frequently

I have a game in which I am trying to take a club from the bottom league to the top and win the league & the cups, but I have set myself 2 restrictions,

1. I can only bring players in on free transfers, bosmans or on loan
2. I can only move on once I have won the top league title & all major cups in said country, or if I get sacked (which is quiet possible with my management :lol:)

I started with Pomigliano in Italian C2/C (Using September 2013 update, possibly a live DB, but not sure)

2001/02 - Pomigliano (2nd in C2/C, Promoted to C1/B via playoffs)
2002/03 - Pomigliano (16th in C1/B, Relegated to C2/C, after losing playouts)
2003/04 - Pomigliano (6th in C2/C)

That is upto date I will hopefully give a more detailed update after 2004/05 season (I am not good at creative writing so I will probably post some screenshots and a little writing)

Adieu, until the next time

OK to add to this after my absence from the forum recently

I will again this time just list my achievements to date

2004/05 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie C2/C, Promoted to Serie C1/B)
2005/06 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie C1/B, Itailian Serie C1 Super Cup Runners-up)
2006/07 - Pomigliano (2nd in Serie B, Promoted to Serie A)
2007/08 - Pomigliano (16th in Serie A, Relegated to Serie B, Italian Cup Runners-up)
2008/09 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie B)
2009/10 - Pomigliano (7th in Serie A, Italian Cup Runners-up)
2010/11 - Pomigliano (4th in Serie A, Italian Cup Winners, Italian Super Cup Runners-up)
2011/12 - Pomigliano (6th in Serie A)

So I have won the Italian Cup, It is just the Serie A Title that evades me and stops me from moving on from the club

football
16-03-13, 04:16 AM
Im having a bad time lately...794793

As you can see from the attached images my players are not happy with me for NO reason at all, yet they have the misguided delusion that there isnt enough squad depth despite me having a 45 strong squad...

what in gods name have these guys got in their heads? im already on a 1mil per month wage budget and only 5 players off the actual squad limit...

at a hell of a loss here, considering i have quite a balanced squad aswell :( its like they just turned on me for no reason :(

football
16-03-13, 04:19 AM

My bad, meant to include the players status, not stats

kevashm
18-03-13, 01:55 PM
Took over from Rochdale after a unsuccessful spell at Woking, with Rochdale mid table in the conference, won that and then league 3 and league 2 & 1, all in successive seasons :-)

onon
18-03-13, 06:22 PM
heyyyyy

Fods
18-03-13, 11:41 PM
hoooooo

316'sRegen
19-03-13, 12:02 AM
let's go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcOPDmd4zP4

BlazeRavenwolf
20-03-13, 12:40 PM
OK to add to this after my absence from the forum recently

I will again this time just list my achievements to date

2004/05 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie C2/C, Promoted to Serie C1/B)
2005/06 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie C1/B, Itailian Serie C1 Super Cup Runners-up)
2006/07 - Pomigliano (2nd in Serie B, Promoted to Serie A)
2007/08 - Pomigliano (16th in Serie A, Relegated to Serie B, Italian Cup Runners-up)
2008/09 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie B)
2009/10 - Pomigliano (7th in Serie A, Italian Cup Runners-up)
2010/11 - Pomigliano (4th in Serie A, Italian Cup Winners, Italian Super Cup Runners-up)
2011/12 - Pomigliano (6th in Serie A)

So I have won the Italian Cup, It is just the Serie A Title that evades me and stops me from moving on from the club

2012/13 - Pomigliano (2nd in Serie A, Italian Cup Winners)

BlazeRavenwolf
25-03-13, 03:20 AM
2012/13 - Pomigliano (2nd in Serie A, Italian Cup Winners)

2013/14 - Pomigliano (1st in Serie A, Italian Cup Winners, European Champions Cup Winners)

So Serie A won & the unexpected Champions Cup win, now I have left Pomigliano and now back to the bottom to work my way up again without spending a penny on players/staff

So it begins again with Don Benito in the Spanish 2nd Division B

If anyone wants to know how your team is doing in 2014 (13 years into the game), just ask and I will let you know, I will post any screenies you wish to see too

P.S. Russia won the 2014 World Cup, Holland were Runners up & hosts Sweden came third

I have in my carer forayed into international management with my only honour being the African Cup of Nations which I won with Ivory Coast in 2006

My Nations managed so far are:

2002-2003 - Guatemala
2003-2005 - Slovenia
2005-2006 - Ivory Coast
2006-2008 - Mauritania
2008-2008 - Burkina Faso
2008-2009 - Togo
2009-2011 - Qatar
2011-2011 - Lithuania
2011-2012 - Hungary
2013-2013 - Liberia
2013-2013 - Uganda
2013-2013 - Algeria
2013-2013 - Chinese Taipei
2013-Present - Turks & Caicos Islands

BlazeRavenwolf
28-03-13, 04:19 PM
2014-15 - Don Benito

Transfers In:

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/204/donbenitotransfers2015.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img811/1473/donbenitotransfers20152.jpg

Tactics:

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/2589/donbenitotactics2015.jpg

Table:

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/1747/donbenitotable2015.jpg

Very good first season, only lost 2 games all season

So onward to the 2nd Division

Biggest news from elsewhere in the world:

Manchester United relegated from English Premier League

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1412/englishprem2015.jpg

Spudiator
04-04-13, 09:46 PM
Recently started a new game after I accidentally cocked up my previous save file with the editor (still not sure how, all I was doing was changing my CA/PA so I could apply for foreign jobs). First season was a disaster, very nearly missed Europe altogether with a very poor league season, exited both cups early on, but salvaged the season by somehow winning the Champions League. Second season was a different story altogether though:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/Spudiator/CM%20Screenshots/LeagueHistory.jpg
Still using the exact same formation as my first season and largely the same players. Sold Ashley Young as soon as I could find a buyer after my first season, sold Darren Fletcher too, and let Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes go on a free. I usually prefer not to bring any players in during my first season, but as I was in danger of finishing pathetically mid-table, I brought in Leroy Fer (£15m) from FC Twente and Mamadou Sakho (£20m) from PSG, both were reasonably successful if unspectacular in their first half-seasons, but really came into their own in their first full-seasons.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/Spudiator/CM%20Screenshots/Lineup.jpg
Long story short, from a shameful first season, I went on in the second season to winning the league by a mile, both domestic cups and a second successive Champions League, as well as the Intercontinental Cup, Super Cup and World Club Cup along the way. All the more surprising though was the transformation in form of a certain Robin van Persie, after an indifferent first season:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/Spudiator/CM%20Screenshots/vanPersie.jpg
Notable mention also goes to Shinji Kagawa, who would surely have been player of the year in any other team. I dunno why the team fortunes turned around so wildly in the space of a single season, but it's all good. Possibly a knock-on effect from having my virtually my entire reserve team out on loan in the first season, meaning there wasn't enough competition for places, either that or just the players taking time to adjust to my formation.

Also, mildly amusing note, about halfway through the season, Joe Hart got injured for City and missed about 6 months, this at a point when they had no backup keepers at all for some reason, so had to spend the entire second half of the season playing outfield players in goal (with predictable consequences).

BlazeRavenwolf
06-04-13, 09:14 AM
2014-15 - Don Benito

Transfers In:

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/204/donbenitotransfers2015.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img811/1473/donbenitotransfers20152.jpg

Tactics:

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/2589/donbenitotactics2015.jpg

Table:

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/1747/donbenitotable2015.jpg

Very good first season, only lost 2 games all season

So onward to the 2nd Division

Biggest news from elsewhere in the world:

Manchester United relegated from English Premier League

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1412/englishprem2015.jpg

Don Benito - 2015-16 - 1st in Spanish 2nd Division

International Managerial Update

2015-2015 - Panama
2015-Present - Montenegro

eoinspencer
09-04-13, 04:06 PM
First ever game of CM 01-02 was a 3-0 away win for United against Bolton, also made my first signing which was Joe Cole.. Like this game!

Dermotron
11-04-13, 11:37 PM
My 4 season adventure with Curacao is over. The campaign was a bit disappointing in the end as with a bit of luck we could have gotten through just untimely injuries to key players and a few suspensions didn't help

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Lowskys/CM0102/hyd01_zps396f9f0b.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Lowskys/CM0102/hyd02_zps093da118.jpg
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Lowskys/CM0102/hyd01_zps396f9f0b.jpg

Locadia had fun in the earlier rounds

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Lowskys/CM0102/hyd04_zps01c9cca8.jpg

Will now be on the look out for another minnow to takeover. Probably Asian or African or hopefully the New Caledonia job as they have 4 or 5 decent players that could make it an interesting challenge.

All 3 nations that got through sacked their managers :lol:

merkezekrem
12-04-13, 09:45 AM
Never heard of Curaçao :confused:

How do you get around not being able to select min 24 (was it?) players for the competition?

Dermotron
12-04-13, 09:48 AM
Worst.Updater.Ever.

:D

There's a whole thread call 'Nations with not Enough Players' :lol:

Soooo, every nation is playable.

BlazeRavenwolf
12-04-13, 11:05 AM
Curaçao used to be called Netherlands Antillies

merkezekrem
12-04-13, 03:21 PM
Worst.Updater.Ever.

There's a whole thread call 'Nations with not Enough Players' :lol:

Soooo, every nation is playable.

:lol: not un updater anymore, just a scout. You want my badge and gun?

Dermotron
12-04-13, 03:26 PM
I bumped the thread for you, hit new posts :D

Cloud
13-04-13, 02:53 PM
Just started a new game with the Sept 2012 update. First time playing with an update as only previously played with the original db where I got to 2025.

Was going to start with the mighty Spurs but then decided to help one of the many big clubs that have free fallen down the leagues in recent years so went with Porstmouth.

So far it is 5 wins out of 5. Only bought one player so far as they have no money and that is Robbie Fowler on a free.

Anyone know any good players out the that I could get on a free.

Coys
13-04-13, 03:34 PM
Are you aware there is a March 2013 update out mate? :)

Fods
14-04-13, 04:09 AM
Just started a new game with the Sept 2012 update. First time playing with an update as only previously played with the original db where I got to 2025.

Was going to start with the mighty Spurs but then decided to help one of the many big clubs that have free fallen down the leagues in recent years so went with Porstmouth.

So far it is 5 wins out of 5. Only bought one player so far as they have no money and that is Robbie Fowler on a free.

Anyone know any good players out the that I could get on a free.

After 5 games into the season I'd say all the freebies hve been snapped up. Go to tactics and tips sub-forum and there is a thread for good players on the sept 2012 update. As Coys said though why don't u play March 2013 update :ok:

connor1874
14-04-13, 03:03 PM
Had a 'mare so far.

Downloaded the new patch and started 4 seasons on it.

Done one with Ajax. Struggling to get a good run going.

Started with Hearts. Lingering in the bottom half of the table.

Fighting relegation with Raith Rovers.

Just started with Sunderland and lost 2 games, to Wigan and Stoke already.

God knows what I'm doing wrong.

Fods
15-04-13, 12:56 AM
What tactic are you using? What is your starting 11?

ZanSnake
23-04-13, 10:18 PM
How am i doing?

...AWESOME!!

BlazeRavenwolf
03-05-13, 09:47 PM
Again as per my previous game

I am trying to take a club from the bottom league to the top and win the league & the cups, but I have set myself 2 restrictions,

1. I can only bring players in on free transfers, bosmans, exchange (as long as I do not pay any money out) or on loan
2. I can only move on once I have won the top league title & all major cups in said country, or if I get sacked
3. If I am sacked I must start from the lowest division of the country I was managing in before (So basically I have to stay in the same country & start again from the lowest league)

I started with FC Eindhoven in the Dutch 1st Division (Using latest live DB)

316'sRegen
05-05-13, 01:30 AM
I have played on a few seasons in my save, but am thinking of writing it up to date soon.

King Billy has been busy.

JLa
06-05-13, 09:44 AM
Started off at Varzim(?) in Portugal, got them promoted to the 1st division before applying for the vacant manager position at Swansea. I got the job, have won the EPL two seasons in a row as well as the FA Cup, the League cup and now recently hammered Barcelona 3-0 in the Champions League final. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation atm.

Sometimes I wish I had never stumbled upon this site. After reading and learning so much about wib/wob and essential attributes (positioning; I'm looking at you!), the game has become way too easy. The only way of keeping it a challenge is to play with all sorts of self-made restrictions; no wib/wob, no players above age 24, only sign free transfer Hungarian 35+ year olds ... but then it feels like having a Ferrari and only using the 1st gear. Perhaps it's time to move on to FM?

JLa
08-05-13, 08:21 AM
Mildenhall got promoted to Northern Premier, and I just had to apply for the job. No players, no staff, no money. Challenge accepted. :lol: I've managed to put together a squad of 11, although not all positions are covered. Currently 1st, but this is a struggle. Here's to Champions League in six seasons!

Welshy
08-05-13, 09:03 PM
Just discovered a new level of difficulty on this game. After getting sacked at Antwerp 2 and a half years on I took over a Brazilian National Division 3 team (Moto Clube) who, with 5 games left, were in the relegation zone of their 7 team group. I picked them up whilst they only had 4 active players (and 4 terrible, terrible players at that), and due to the club being 'bankrupt', I had a transfer budget of precisely £0. Managed to get half a dozen loans in (again, all terrible, terrible players), but even still that wasn't enough, and we was duly relegated on the final day on goal difference.

If this isn't the hardest challenge on the game I don't know what is.

BlazeRavenwolf
09-05-13, 10:58 PM

I am trying to take a club from the bottom league to the top and win the league & the cups, but I have set myself 2 restrictions,

1. I can only bring players in on free transfers, bosmans, exchange (as long as I do not pay any money out) or on loan
2. I can only move on once I have won the top league title & all major cups in said country, or if I get sacked
3. If I am sacked I must start from the lowest division of the country I was managing in before (So basically I have to stay in the same country & start again from the lowest league)

I started with FC Eindhoven in the Dutch 1st Division (Using latest live DB)

Ok here is my 1st team selection

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5148/fceindhovenaug2001.jpg

BlazeRavenwolf
16-05-13, 06:37 PM
OK second half of 1st season underway

1st Team

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/269/eindhovenjan2002.jpg

Transfers In

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1246/transfersjan2002.jpg

Loans In

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5595/loansk.jpg

Table

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7232/tablejan2002.jpg

Best player so far

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4234/serhatkoc.jpg

merkezekrem
16-05-13, 06:45 PM
Never heard of that Koç

BlazeRavenwolf
16-05-13, 06:53 PM
He was there when I started the game

BlazeRavenwolf
16-05-13, 07:15 PM
Never heard of that Koç

Here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/serhat-koc/profil/spieler_66396.html

BlazeRavenwolf
18-05-13, 01:38 AM
End of 2001/02 Season

Table

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3744/tablejune2002.jpg

Transfers In

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7695/transfersi.jpg

Loans In

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/549/loans.jpg

Fans Player of the Season

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4234/serhatkoc.jpg

SuperStranger
20-05-13, 08:51 AM
So...the first season whit this club and this tactic

http://i.imgur.com/7oeXRxZ.jpg

I wanted to win the table, but i have got only happy whit the promotion

http://i.imgur.com/qWOvS8a.jpg

I bought really good players before new league

http://i.imgur.com/Y4Vogs5.jpg

and some snacks :

http://i.imgur.com/NJQnoFJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lTDXwOy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Pjq9rDv.jpg

.................................................. .................

French competition is really hard and advanced, i recommend it to all Pro Guys :ok:

JLa
20-05-13, 08:12 PM
Mildenhall got promoted to Northern Premier, and I just had to apply for the job. No players, no staff, no money. Challenge accepted. :lol: I've managed to put together a squad of 11, although not all positions are covered. Currently 1st, but this is a struggle. Here's to Champions League in six seasons!

http://bildr.no/thumb/1620862.jpeg (http://bildr.no/view/1620862)

Decent tactic ... :lol:

BlazeRavenwolf
20-05-13, 11:58 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Corrupted save

I shall do a full reinstall and try again

BlazeRavenwolf
21-05-13, 01:11 AM
Again as per my previous game (again :lol:)

I am trying to take a club from the bottom league to the top and win the league & the cups, but I have set myself 3 restrictions,

I started with Medjimurje in the Croatian 2nd Division North (Using March 2013 DB)

Blue Demon
21-05-13, 09:58 AM
So, after many years of updating and testing I`m finally playing again. Started a game controlling 4 teams, Ajax and 3 feeder clubs. Trying to build a worldwide empire. :D

The 3 feeder clubs are Platanias(Greek National B), RC Waregem(Belgian Third Division)and Balikesirspor(Turkish 2.B). I`m using loads of Ajax youth in the feeder clubs which resulted in a promotion of both RC Waregem and Platanias in season 1. Balikesirspor just missed out on promotion.

Because I robbed Ajax from all their talent they did shite in season 1 and even missed out on europe. Season 2 will have to be better.

merkezekrem
22-05-13, 10:01 AM
:eek: BD playing!! :D

Blue Demon
23-05-13, 09:20 AM

Tough stuff too ! Season 2 with promoted Platanias and just won my first game:

http://i42.tinypic.com/5yfbxu.jpg

16 games without winning lmao.

merkezekrem
23-05-13, 12:30 PM
Legend! :lol:

Baz
23-05-13, 01:49 PM
Started off at Rangers, had two seasons there before Dundee United wanted me, so left Rangers who had just won promotion to Division 1 for 2 games to get Dundee Utd to finish 3rd in the league.

Had a full season in charge of Dundee Utd, finished 2nd in the league, got into the UEFA Cup, then First division Wigan offered me the chance to go to England so duly accepted that. Took Wigan up as Champions first time of asking, beating Wolves into 2nd place :D Lost Seb Larsson, Franco Di Santo and Michael Jacobs to minimum fee release clauses but recouped £25m for the three of them so rebuilding ready for the Premiership season :)

BlazeRavenwolf
27-05-13, 11:04 PM
Again as per my previous game (again :lol:)

I am trying to take a club from the bottom league to the top and win the league & the cups, but I have set myself 3 restrictions,

I started with Medjimurje in the Croatian 2nd Division North (Using March 2013 DB)

Ok this is my first team selection (Aug 2001)

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2541/16519620.jpg

316'sRegen
28-05-13, 12:11 AM
4411, sturdy setup for climbing the ladder :ok:

BlazeRavenwolf
28-05-13, 12:22 AM
This tactic is the cornerstone of my game, it is one of the only constants that I maintain, one of the others being my training set-up

ZanSnake
28-05-13, 02:07 AM
John McClaim CV

Bradford: 2001-2003

English Third Division Promotion
English Second Division Champion
English FA Cup winners
English Charity Shield Runners-Up

Peterhead: 2003-

Scottish Third Division Champions

Currently based on my story database, and did buy some players from Newark Athletic with Bradford :D

316'sRegen
28-05-13, 10:53 AM
This tactic is the cornerstone of my game, it is one of the only constants that I maintain, one of the others being my training set-up

I'd use that setup for getting to the top tier, then change to my wingback setup once the better players become interested and I can assemble the quality to make it work.

Been trying a few new things in my save recently, got a new training regime and tweaked the classic 316 formation to have two out and out strikers.

Blue Demon
28-05-13, 11:40 AM
So weird this:

http://i39.tinypic.com/vy3480.jpg

My first choice GK thinks the other GK should play. :D

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
07-06-13, 11:23 AM
Haha, fuck this, we're underachieving, i'll stay for now, but I don't fancy playing. Let me sit it out on the bench, boss. I'll play again once we get up the table.

BobMem
11-06-13, 01:50 PM
Posted this in another thread, but this seems a better place for it:
My current save is Queens Park (not Rangers) in Scotland. Started in D3 with expectations to gain a respectable league position (in a league with no relegation). So far I'm challenging for promotion to the SPL in my 4th season. Current home attendances are ~1800, which makes 50,000+ seat Hampden seem a little empty!
haven't paid money for a player yet (and generally can't as the stadium costs 50k a week to maintain).
I recently picked up a player on a free who looked decent. I gave him a run out from the bench in his first game and started him in the second game. He responded by getting sent off in the 11th minute. I gave him an official warning (as the red was for a dangerous two-footed lunge) and he felt it was harsh and is now "feels he was brought to the club under false pretenses". W@nker.

Any advice on staff? I always have £0 transfer kitty as the club is permanently in debt due to the crippling stadium upkeep costs and tiny attendances. Therefore I can't pay compensation for any staff. Most staff who are unemployed want asst or manager jobs and I'm finding it really hard to get coaches and especially scouts. I've tried signing older players on a free as player/coach but unfortunately the best ones get snapped up by bigger clubs, and this still doesn't fix the scout problem.
All comments welcome.

316'sRegen
14-06-13, 12:08 AM
see which of your older guys at the club need new contracts and get them on board for the back room staff :ok:

they may have crap ratings at first but they can change drastically after the first season, if not it at least gives you a few coaches for free til you find something better

Sam
14-06-13, 12:14 AM
no matter what club you are, if you do a staff search and change coaching outfield players to 10, and nationality to UK and Ireland, there'll be some with Very Poor reputations that should be interested in joining you.

BlazeRavenwolf
15-06-13, 02:32 AM
see which of your older guys at the club need new contracts and get them on board for the back room staff :ok:

they may have crap ratings at first but they can change drastically after the first season, if not it at least gives you a few coaches for free til you find something better

I do this in my current game, Just today I had a coach leave so I offered a contract to one of my players his att are not great at the moment but I am sure he will get better

BobMem
15-06-13, 09:00 AM
Nice one 316. I did sign up at least one senior player to player/coach. He had terrible stats but better than nothing. A season in the SPL and it's a little easier to sign staff, but not much. I do at least have a bit of cash to tempt people away. My Ass Man (Shefji Kuqi BTW), scout and physio all refuse to sign new contracts and are on rolling deals. Kuqi actually has decent stats so he'll no doubt be nabbed be a bigger club :(

316'sRegen
15-06-13, 01:00 PM
one more season it looks like at Villareal.:ranger:

2041/42 was trophyless :faint: as Barcelona finished 14 points ahead to win the league, although 2nd was comfortable enough. :couch: Sevilla were a further 11 points back in 3rd place. Betis are the final Champions Cup qualifier for next season.

The Champions Cup win came in the previous season, along with my 3rd Copa del Rey with the club and the Intercontinental Cup. :peace: The 2037/38/39 hat trick of league titles has been followed in recent seasons with three 2nd place finishes in a row as the team that won those trophies is replaced with the next generation courtesy of the new youth system at the club, which yielded some excellent full backs and strikers in particular.

Feel a bit like Fergie at this stage of the game, you have seen some excellent groups of players come and go as many have regen'ed and retired a couple of times now (this is season 31 :eek:)

I'll do one more year to fully transition the team then i may for the first time ever, RETIRE!

Sam
15-06-13, 02:18 PM
keep going until you win the Champions League again then retire at the top.

JLa
15-06-13, 05:13 PM
The battle of Scotland ... Tight!

http://picz.no/l/2429

BobMem
16-06-13, 09:23 AM
Haha! Celtic absolutely dominate in my save. I'm not quite up to standard but getting there.

Queen's Park update: After winning D1 and promotion to the SPL I had a difficult first season. Never really in danger of the drop though, and finished 10th. Celtic lost 1 game all season, and Rangers finished 7th.
Second season in top flight is a big improvement. Currently second after 10 games 3 points behind Celtic, who've not yet lost and have a game in hand. My board were recently 'very pleased' after I scraped a 0-0 draw at Celtic recording a massive 0 shots! Rangers are third making it a Glasgow 1-2-3!

BlazeRavenwolf
16-06-13, 06:53 PM
Feb 2002

Team selection

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6475/4hpt.jpg

Table

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9874/byf.jpg

JLa
17-06-13, 10:08 AM
After turning Hearts into a unstoppable force in Scottish football, I jumped ship and took a job in Argentina. My new employer is Gimnastic (J) in the Argentine second division. I gotta say, this is hilarious. Whenever the team put in a below-par performance, I get messages from the board telling me that the defeat was <insert player name>'s fault and stuff. They've even told me that two of the players "don't deserve to wear the club's colours".:pound: They changed their minds when I turned one of the two outcasts into the team's top scorer ... I wonder why.

Anyway, I won the league (finished in December!), but now it seems like I'm into some kind of large cup instead. Can't wait to see where this is going. Eventually I hope to manage River Plate or Boca Juniors, but it might take a while to get there.

BobMem
17-06-13, 10:36 AM
Queen's Park update:
Season 6 (second season in SPL) ended with me finishing second. Celtic were absolutely miles ahead (about 20 points IIRC), only losing twice all season. Hopefully I can put together a squad to challenge them next season.
Got the the league cup final but lost to Celtic, played Celtic also in the SFA Cup final, but this time managed to sneak a 1-0 victory! Was disappointed the fans weren't chanting my name at the final whistle though, normally always get that message when you win something like that.

Noticed a slight bug/confusion in the game. Prior to the finals kicking off they appeared in my fixture list as at a neutral venue. However, as the game is played at my home stadium of Hampden Park it seemed to count it as a home match. I broke my club record home attendance and home gate receipts in both finals :)
Don't know if this would happen anywhere else. Anyone know any other clubs who play in the national stadium or cup final venue?

AMC
17-06-13, 11:06 AM
Lazio and Roma do, I suppose it depends if the clubs down as own stadium in the editor.

Louis
17-06-13, 02:24 PM
Currently playing with Yeovil Town on the old database (currently in Conference). Not doing too good tbh. I think I may have set myself too much of a challenge. Probably gonna start over with a team in a higher league to get used to the game again.

Hopefully get a story going too.

BlazeRavenwolf
18-06-13, 08:13 PM
End of season 1 (2001/02)

Croatian Second Division North

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/173/ak6k.jpg

Croatian Cup

This came as a bit of a surprise to me :lol:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4458/mz2e.jpg
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1962/r8b0.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5761/edyp.jpg

Transfers In

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7185/jqyw.jpg

Loans In

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/954/naxa.jpg

Fans Player of the Year

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5560/cb2g.jpg

Psmith
19-06-13, 03:17 PM
I'm going to begin a game with Sheffield Wednesday. I've always liked the team's crest (the nice looking howl and all that...) and
it is a proper club which attracts a massive following.

I'll try to win the Champions in 6 or so seasons using non-wib-wobble tactics and a limited use of the player search function.

Anyway, let's see how it goes :)

Sam
19-06-13, 03:27 PM
I'm going to begin a game with Sheffield Wednesday. I've always liked the team's crest (the nice looking howl and all that...) and
it is a proper club which attracts a massive following.

I'll try to win the Champions in 6 or so seasons using non-wib-wobble tactics and a limited use of the player search function.

Anyway, let's see how it goes :)

what database are you going to use?
.68 Wednesday are very good. ODB bankrupt but if you can hold on to most of your players good enough to get promoted. March 2013 update I got them promoted 1st season playing my 4-1-3-2 non wib/wob formation. Massive potential there to do well. Hard to win the Champions League in less than 6 years though without buying in super greeks on .68

martinho
19-06-13, 04:55 PM
Started a game with A.C. Milan today. I like being large clubs, but noe sides that have everything there for the taking immediately. Milan are weaker than they have been so it makes it a nice rebuilding exercise. I downloaded Info0's tacts, but am not using them on this game, as on this one i will not be using WIB/WOB, as the comp doesnt either.

So far signed Arshavin for my left wing. De Ceglie for left back, and Ogbonna at centre half. Looking into getting Sommer as a long term replacement for Abbiati and Lichnovsky as a long term centre half - though ideally id like Astori at come point. Soon to be playing my first league game.

Starting eleven looks like:

Abbiati

Abate Mexes Ogbonna De Ceglie

Robinho Boateng Montolivo Arshavin

Balotelli El Sharaawy

Psmith
19-06-13, 11:26 PM
March 2013 update. I was relatively happy with the squad so I only signed Owen Hargreaves. Playing a 4-3-2-1 (wingers cutting in to form a Christmas tree formation) non wibwob... can't say it's been a brilliant start to the season (W0 D4 L1.)

But I'll turn it around!

Coys
19-06-13, 11:27 PM
Which team?

Psmith
20-06-13, 02:04 AM
Oh terribly sorry, I forgot to quote the conversation and everyone was left stranded without a context.

I am managing the rather dashing Owls, also known as Sheffield Wednesday. I admire the following the club attracts, I like the crest, the stadium and the ancient history of the club (est. in 1867?)

It started quite blandly with the aforementioned 4 draws and 1 loss in 5 matches, but soon enough we picked up our form and we now proudly sit in a surprising 5th place in mid November, after beating Forest, Middlesbrough, Bolton (astonishing result,) Crystal P. and the like. Quite happy with the squad thus far, so much so, I even sold some dead wood and terminated a couple of loans which were replaced by some promising youngsters my scouts unearthed from some of the most charmless and obscure corners of the U.K. (like Inverness.)

Highlights have to be the 1-0 home win versus Bolton and the 2-1 win away at Sheffield United for the League Cup (I guess half the city of Sheffield had some fun down at the pubs that afternoon :) )

Tried to sign that youngster from Blackpool, Thomas Ince, now what an extraordinary talent that boy is. Unfortunately I couldn't match the financial demands from Blackpool, but boy oh boy will he be a world beater soon enough!

martinho
20-06-13, 10:27 AM
Continuing my A.C. Milan game, I have ventured into the second season.

Finished 4th on Serie A, dropping from 3rd on the final day of the season. Juventus winning the title, ahead of Inter - both of whom were comfortably ahead of Napoli in third then myself 1-point behind Napoli in 4th.
Made it to the Champions League semi final but lost against Arsenal, who lost the final to Real Madrid, with Cristiano Ronaldo netting a hattrick.

At the end of the season I sold Robinho to Inter for £10.5m, as he was approaching his peak, if not already passed it.
El Sharaawy departed for Real Madrid for £20m.
A replacement i sourced for the right wing was Stuttgart's Martin Harnik. Offered a contract in a £15m deal - but before the contract could be completed he was transfered at his own request. I withdrew my £15m offer, replaced it with a £4m offer and he joined and a massively discounted price.

Kevin Constant, who was largely unused, left for Ajax for £5m. Sully Muntari, again unused, left for Torino for £6m.

Adam Szalai joined for free from Mainz. Very impressed so far in the second season, scoring 23 goals in 23 games. Marco Sau also joined, from Cagliari for £9m.

Angelo Ogbonna, who joined at the start of the first season for £7m is now a target for Real Madrid, Valencia, Man Utd and Tottenham. Already turned down a £9m offer from Real. Would not consider selling him unless I had a replacement lined up, and Cagliari just will not part with Davide Astori, despite the fact he wants to leave.

After 15 games in the second season, we lie in 4th, behind Juventus, Roma and Fiorentina - a massive 10-points off the lead after a terrible start to the season. Also out of the Europa after an away goal defeat to Roma.

Serie A title is not yet out of our grasp i believe!

Psmith
20-06-13, 11:20 AM
Continuing my A.C. Milan game, I have ventured into the second season.

Finished 4th on Serie A, dropping from 3rd on the final day of the season. Juventus winning the title, ahead of Inter - both of whom were comfortably ahead of Napoli in third then myself 1-point behind Napoli in 4th.
Made it to the Champions League semi final but lost against Arsenal, who lost the final to Real Madrid, with Cristiano Ronaldo netting a hattrick.

At the end of the season I sold Robinho to Inter for £10.5m, as he was approaching his peak, if not already passed it.
El Sharaawy departed for Real Madrid for £20m.
A replacement i sourced for the right wing was Stuttgart's Martin Harnik. Offered a contract in a £15m deal - but before the contract could be completed he was transfered at his own request. I withdrew my £15m offer, replaced it with a £4m offer and he joined and a massively discounted price.

Kevin Constant, who was largely unused, left for Ajax for £5m. Sully Muntari, again unused, left for Torino for £6m.

Adam Szalai joined for free from Mainz. Very impressed so far in the second season, scoring 23 goals in 23 games. Marco Sau also joined, from Cagliari for £9m.

Angelo Ogbonna, who joined at the start of the first season for £7m is now a target for Real Madrid, Valencia, Man Utd and Tottenham. Already turned down a £9m offer from Real. Would not consider selling him unless I had a replacement lined up, and Cagliari just will not part with Davide Astori, despite the fact he wants to leave.

After 15 games in the second season, we lie in 4th, behind Juventus, Roma and Fiorentina - a massive 10-points off the lead after a terrible start to the season. Also out of the Europa after an away goal defeat to Roma.

Serie A title is not yet out of our grasp i believe!

Looks like you are really struggling to top the league. The Serie A is a tough one...

What is your starting line-up?

apnoea
20-06-13, 05:28 PM
Just converted to CM01/02 after becoming weary with the newer 'Football Manager' games. What a game this is by the way!!!

Took the job at Lincoln, sitting 2nd after 16 games. Not too shabby. However, SOMEHOW, managed to knock both Sunderland and Villa out of the League Cup. Both games away from home, 3-0 and 2-0 respectively. CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

apnoea
20-06-13, 10:57 PM
Just knocked Chelsea out as well! Unbelievable stuff Jeff.

ZanSnake
21-06-13, 12:23 AM
John McClaim CV

English FA Cup winners

Peterhead: 2003-2004

Hearts: 2004-

After getting them to the Scottish League Cup Semi-Final and Top of the second division, i applied for the Everton job, then Derby when Clough took it as well as Hearts. Now i am at Hearts, signed Lawson De'Ath and John Terry, searching for second place in the Scottish Premier League.

Louis
21-06-13, 09:51 AM
Do you know how Bradford got on when you left them in the first division?

martinho
21-06-13, 10:05 AM
Looks like you are really struggling to top the league. The Serie A is a tough one...

What is your starting line-up?

Ended up winning the league second season, and 8-points clear at the top in the third. For the entire second half of the second season my job was very insecure, even when i was 3-points top.

My lineup was: Sommer, Ogbonna, Astori (finally got him for £8m), De Ceglie, Abate, Montolivo, Boateng, Dzsudzsak, Harnik (now replaced by Farfan), Balotelli and Szalai.

Found a gem at Sporting Lisbon in Striker Diego Rubio, got him for £9m. Acceleration 19, Agility 18, Anticipation 17, Creativity 16, Decisions 15, Determination 20, Dribbling 16, Finishing 18, Flair and Heading 15, Long Shots 14, Off the Ball 19, Pace 17, Passing 15, Stamina 19, Strength 12 (so not totally weak), Technique 17 and Work Rate 15 - and only 21 years old. Capped 6 times for Chilé. Definitely the hottest future prospect ive come accross.

ZanSnake
22-06-13, 08:40 PM
Do you know how Bradford got on when you left them in the first division?

About 20th in the table.

Saddening really :(

BobMem
23-06-13, 09:06 AM
I'm taking a break from my Queen's Park save to concentrate on my *NEW* story: Smith & Jones
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/3429-Smith-amp-Jones

BlazeRavenwolf
23-06-13, 07:35 PM
Start of 2nd Season

Here is my team selection to start the 2002/03 season

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5022/r8en.jpg

ZanSnake
24-06-13, 09:42 PM
Started a new Bradford save on my Newark database, top of the Third Division, gonna ride this one out till the bitter end (or could it be sweet?)

Target: English Third Division champions; Vans Trophy winners;
Star Players: Wells - 30 games, 17 goals; Hanson - 29 games, 31 goals;

ZanSnake
25-06-13, 01:11 AM
Started a new Bradford save on my Newark database, top of the Third Division, gonna ride this one out till the bitter end (or could it be sweet?)

Target: English Third Division champions; Vans Trophy winners;
Star Players: Wells - 30 games, 17 goals; Hanson - 29 games, 31 goals;

Missed out on the Vans, Hanson requested to leave which was accepted and was sold to Newark (ironically) for £500k, allowed me to sign two forwards to replace him with.

Louis
25-06-13, 10:26 AM
Yay Bradford City!

ZanSnake
25-06-13, 12:42 PM
Won the third division, half of the team is leaving on bosman moves, but got there replacements coming in also. Target for next season is to win the Vans Trophy, League Cup semi-finals, FA Cup Semi-finals and to win the second division :D

ilovesanmarino
25-06-13, 08:41 PM
I am writing the next update for my Story, I am now finding writing up the match commentry the toughest bit now, which bits do I include and which bits do I leave out?

BobMem
26-06-13, 06:25 PM
I am writing the next update for my Story, I am now finding writing up the match commentry the toughest bit now, which bits do I include and which bits do I leave out?

You've done some great writing so far, just go with your instinct, it hasn't let you down yet!

BlazeRavenwolf
27-06-13, 12:11 AM
Start of 2nd Season

Here is my team selection to start the 2002/03 season

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5022/r8en.jpg

I now have my first international job (Democratic Republic of Congo), so lets see how this plays out

ilovesanmarino
28-06-13, 11:50 PM
I have taken over one of the weakest teams in the game. Carrick in the Northern Irish Championship, they had an outside chance of the playoffs which I spectacularly blew by losing my first three games. I recovered to go on a great run but ended up where they would have finished anyway. I did fluke a cup win which helped out by giving the club a small profit for the year (about 20,000) reduing the debt to less than 500,000. Season 2 I loaned one good striker, offered a trial to every player released in the whole UK (by using the "transfers" option) and signed a few, also made a good loan signing and won the league and both cups. Managed to get a reply for all but one round of the cup too which boosted the coffers a bit, which I then blew by bitching about a ref and got fined, reducing my profit for the year from 36,000 to 10,000! also a I lost the last game of the season and failed to break the computer's record points for the year. Just started my third year. NI has sunk to the lowest place in the Euro seedings and so it got one UEFA place and that's it! This went to me, and I drew a San Marino team. I just lost the first leg 0-1 oh dear.

Topofthekop
29-06-13, 05:48 PM
Currently manager of Nottm Forest, who at the time of taking over were languishing in league 2. They had a grand total of 5 players!

They did however have a decent size budget of 9.2mil, I signed 23 players in total spending just £3.2mil most of the transfers were freebies with the highest priced transfer being £1m for MC Lee Evans. I signed a portuguese am L/R (think its Quaresma regen) on a free who had run his contract at wolves out. In his final season at wolves he had 27 assists which I thought would be a great asset to the club in the coming season. Turned out as good as expected and chipped in with 14 goals and 27 assists, along with irish winger Alan hughes - 625k from Dundeed Utd (duff regen i think) who chipped in with 29 assists and 24 goals. Alongisde Mateus Szwoch these were instrumental in an unbeatable season which culminated in a FA cup, League Cup, League and Vans trophy quadruple!

Psmith
04-07-13, 10:42 AM
The first season is over and I have won the Championship with Wednesday!

What an extraordinarily exciting ride it was too, we topped the league with 99 points against Crystal Palace's 98... let me tell you that last day of the season was as nerve wrecking as it gets, Gary Madine scored the winning goal around the 74 minute, uff.

Now we are going into the Premier League and I did not expect this at all. I hope the board will provide a decent transfer budget otherwise we are going to struggle!

note1: I play a 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree formation, non wib-wob, with the "2" being a couple of wingers with arrows to the AMC position.

note2: I am really enjoying this save so I might do a story on it, without fictionalizing too much, just regular updates and so on.

note3: At the end of the season the supporters spokesperson said I was "the best manager the club ever had." Never had that one before...

ilovesanmarino
04-07-13, 09:22 PM
I would strongly recommend you write a story, everyone loves a good story!

ilovesanmarino
04-07-13, 09:29 PM
well after losing the first leg 0-1 I beat Folgore/Falciano 2-0 to go through to meet Rijeka of Croatia. A 2-1 away win, followed by a 0-1 home loss sees me through on away goals Woohoo! next up is Omonoia Nicosia of Cyprus, who also look beatable! this run has put the club £100k into the black for the year reducing the debt to £250k I was disappointed at first not to get a bigger team, I could wipe out the debt and go into credit enough to buy a team to win the league for the next 10 years after one game agaisnt Milan, but on the other hand it will boost the NI league's cooefficient so next year we might get more than the one EUROPA cup place, maybe a champions league spot!

Also I have taken on Inter Cardiff, just promoted to the Welsh league starting with zero players and lost my first four games.

BlazeRavenwolf
07-07-13, 11:31 AM
End of season 2 (2002/03)

Croatian First Division

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6176/qjtt.jpg

Transfers In

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/766/5qh6.jpg

Loans In

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9781/p5k1.jpg

Fans Player of the Year

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7784/xy29.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/826/4p57.jpg

Pegster
09-07-13, 03:21 AM
Just finished my first season in the 1st Bundesliga with VfB Gießen (sort of doing the Nationals only challenge). Hadn't expected to be in the top, but with the last match coming i was 2nd, 2 points behind reigning champions Kaiserslautern. I play mid-table team Nürnberg away, so a win should be possible. Kaiserslautern, however, play at home against mid-table team Frankfurt, so they should have a solid chance of securing the title. I take the lead on a penalty in the first half, while the other match is a 0-0 draw at half time. Midway through the 2nd half Nürnberg equalize on one of their few chances, but I keep pressing them and hope for the goal that with it still being 0-0 in the other game will send me to the top of the table. 86 minutes: My striker Karsten Küpper, who just a couple of months back had the honour of being called up to the national squad for the first time (though without getting capped), hits the post. 2 more attacks follow before the end, one caught by the keeper and the final touch of the ball is a shot that goes clean over the bar. No win for me and one more season at least in Germany. I check the results for the other matches, and Kaiserslautern ended up losing 1-0. So close...

Pegster
09-07-13, 03:09 PM
2nd season in the 1st Bundesliga finished. Ended 6th, and lost the cup final on penalties, which isn't bad considering the squad I had, but after last season vastly exceeding my expectations it was a bit of a disappointment. Last season my weak spot was in central midfield, and I strengthened that with two pretty good signings, plus one youth which was promoted 2 seasons ago and now has becoming integral part of the team. This season my attackers decided that performing anywhere near what they've done the last seasons wasn't an option, so two new strikers are coming in in the summer. Unfortunately Gießen isn't a particularly big club, so many player don't want to come, and I don't have too much money either. A plus point was my defence, where my keeper and 4 defenders (for 3 dc spots) had among my 6 best average ratings. This tells more about the performances of the rest of the team than of the defenders, unfortunately, as the 6 best ratings were between 7.32 and 7.46, and I had 38 conceded goals in 34 games.
Slightly optimistic for next season, if my new strike force performs well, and I get in a quality wingback to replace my aging and decreasingly performing veteran, challenging for the title should be possible.

Final table:
http://s23.postimg.org/4pq15oa8r/1011.jpg
Hoping this guy will evolve into a key player next season:
http://s22.postimg.org/jh0fel1gh/1011.jpg

merkezekrem
10-07-13, 02:37 PM
A sweeper left! man if you can find a right one, you can play with 3 sweepers!

Sam
10-07-13, 08:40 PM
My current save, been Chelsea manager for 5 seasons (currently in my 6th season, got the job in 2006/07 season after starting at Athletic Bilbao). This is my competition record.

Premier League Champions: 2006/07, 2007/08, 2009/10, 2010/11
Premier League Runners-up: 2008/09
F.A. Cup Winners: 2007/08, 2010/11
League Cup Winners: 2006/07, 2007/08, 2009/10
League Cup Runners-up: 2008/09
Charity Shield Winners: 2007/08, 2008/09, 2010/11, 2011/12
Champions League Winners: 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2011/12
UEFA Cup Winners: 2006/07
European Super Cup Winners: 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12
Intercontinental Cup Winners: 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11
World Club Championship Winners: 2009/10, 2011/12

I don't think that's a bad trophy haul.

gavo01
12-07-13, 09:11 PM
Biggest win so far with this team. Still languishing in 17th though. Still, the board are expecting a long season ahead.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Best_Win_zpsce972c93.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Best_Win_zpsce972c93.jpg.html)

ZanSnake
14-07-13, 11:14 AM
Everything is looking peachy on my second Bradford save.

2nd in the Second Division with 3 games left to play and only a short amount of points behind, into the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup, in the Vans Trophy Final also. Couldn't recapture the form of Real-life Bradford in the League Cup, but Wells has - 28 goals in 45 game so far, scored 35 in 55 games last time , don't think he will score as many but hope he can hit 30 at least :D

ZanSnake
14-07-13, 01:31 PM
Everything is looking peachy on my second Bradford save.

2nd in the Second Division with 3 games left to play and only a short amount of points behind, into the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup, in the Vans Trophy Final also. Couldn't recapture the form of Real-life Bradford in the League Cup, but Wells has - 28 goals in 45 game so far, scored 35 in 55 games last time , don't think he will score as many but hope he can hit 30 at least :D

So the CV for Now is looking:

Terry Zannit:

Bradford (2001-)

*English Third Division Champions
*English Second Division Champions
*Vans Trophy Winners
*English First Division Champions

Also have scored more than 100 goals in each season, and the best Win percentage in the whole country :D

Too bad i can't seem to translate the success into the frigging cups though :\ I always seem to struggle with cup matches

BlazeRavenwolf
16-07-13, 07:24 PM

I started with Mjøndalen in the Norwegian First Division (Using Latest Live DB)

gavo01
19-07-13, 10:32 AM
I love it when a substitution(s) pay off....

It's 70 minutes in, and at 2-1 down I'm staring at my first defeat in 13 games.

I decide to bring on my second choice midfielders to inject some pace in to the game.

I told them how this was their chance to shine and stake a place in the centre of midfield on a more permanent basis.

Whilst they didn't score themselves, the substitution seemed to have paid off, as our team bagged 3 goals in the first ten minutes of these guys coming on which completely knocked the stuffing out of the opposition.

With the final score at 4-2 we had cemented our place in the promotional play off group with 2 games to spare.

After the game I called these two lads in to my office and congratulated them on an excellent performance and promised them a more vital role in the team.

Job done!! :)

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/SecondHalfSubs_zpse429c21e.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/SecondHalfSubs_zpse429c21e.jpg.html)
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/SecondHalfWinners_zps56cbeff9.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/SecondHalfWinners_zps56cbeff9.jpg.html)

ilovesanmarino
23-07-13, 09:00 PM
OK well this may be some sort of record but I got sacked...

...playing wib-wob...

...and with infinte money!

In my San Marino game, in order to make sure all the Sanmarinese players get first team football, I took over a D2B Spanish team, and bought most of the San Marino players, I then made this team play wib-wob so all the players would now get lots of games, and high ratings and so max out their CA. The thing is I needed money to do it so for a bit of a laugh gave the club £120m. I wasn't using the GK editor, which highlights "bankrupt" if the club has a negative balance. This editor had "bankrupt" and "rich" so I ticked "rich" to see what would happen, and I got £10m in interest every single month!

anyway the first year all went ok, I took over the club halfway through the season and lift them from near bottom to 5th, (I did not win every game, about 75%) but due to a B team not being allowed to take part in the playoffs, 5th was good enough. I lost every playoff game that year.
Season 2 I won the league, didn't walk it though, again using the Sanmarinese players I won about 75%.
Season 3 I was in the D2, however now the board seemed to realise I had £300m+ unspent and demanded I win the league, things were going ok and after about 1/3 of the season I was 6th, but then I lost two games 3-2 in a row, and that sealed my fate.
Players all became unhappy, thinking the club should be topping the table, and then "lost confidence in the manager's ability" the board quickly noticed this and became more unhappy each day. The problem was I went from "slightly insecure" to "insecure" to "very insecure" each day. I had a glut of fixtures and won all five games, each time the board were pleased or delighted and I lifted up one step on the insecurometer, but I then had a four day gap, and that was enough to get me booted out the door, as it went one past "very insecure"

ilovesanmarino
23-07-13, 09:05 PM
oh and as for inspired substitutions, this was more a case of "I need to rest my first team players, I'm sure the reserves can cope...oh well maybe not"
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/353/vcx0.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/vcx0.jpg/)

BobMem
24-07-13, 10:29 AM
My dad's obsessed with the fact that 2-0 is the most dangerous lead! Lesson learnt there ilovesanmarino, listen to my dad!

Maybe your San Marino team had too high a reputation? You'll have to start again...

Ishdalar
25-07-13, 05:32 PM
Actually on a Game with Sporting de Gijon, March 2013 update. Maybe the best run i had at this game

2010/11: 1st in Spanish 2nd division, 111 points, Semifinals of the cup
2011/12: 4th in Spanish La Liga, 79 points, third round of the cup (meh...)
2012/13: 2nd place with 96 points (Hi Lionel Messi, you bastard) Quarter-finals in UCL (again, Messi ¬¬) and winners of Spanish Cup
2013/14: Champions of La Liga, 89 points, UCL Quarters again, reclaimed Spanish Cup

Quick recap from 2014/15 to 2017/18

4 league titles (102,103,102 and 111 points, 118 goals scored and 5 against that last season)
4 UCL titles
4x Spanish Super Cup winners
3x European Super Cup winners
3x Intercontinental winners

Some records

Biggest win: 8-1 vs Gorica
Biggest defeat: 0-4 vs Man Utd
Most games won in a row: 28
Most games lost in a row: 3
Most games w/o losing: 45
Most games w/o winning: 6
Most team goals at UCL: 54
23 games won in a row at UCL
32 games unbeaten at UCL
Top goalscorer: Federico Palacios-Martinez 51 goals
Most assists: Gary Mackay-Steven 23 assists
Highest average rate: Mikel Zaton 8.70
Most MoM: Mikel Zaton 17

Now i'm a still dominating in 2018/19 season, put myself some restrictions though after winning everything, only sign spanish players, give players from my youth system preference to play in first team, etc.

But, stange fact, after 4 years winning everything, at the start of this season 3 of my best players (Thomas Pledl, Lucas Piazon and Kurt Zouma) wanted new challenges and asked to be put transfer listed :pound:

VinceG
29-07-13, 08:36 AM
Long time player of this and 00/01, but first time posting here and first time I've played with 2013 update.
I'm not the greatest tactical genius or at finding the hottest talent, but just have fun.
Normally I play for about 5-6 seasons then move on to a new challenge, my favourite was 30 seasons starting at Colchester, then Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern then Marseilles.
Anyway enough waffling, here's my current game.

Playing as Nottingham Forest (my team), with England, France, Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, Portugal and Scotland selected. My aim to get them back to the Premier League and possibly onto Europe.

Currently at Christmas and sitting 2nd in the championship, Bolton and Brighton being the closest competition, who I've beaten in the last 2 games, drawing too many at the moment though, I seem to be going for the outscore the opposition approach, which isn't always working.

Players In

Nile Ranger Free
Yannick Sagbo Evian £2m
Aleksandrs Cekulajevs Free
Enric Valles Free
Mauricio Castillo Cartigines 500k
Krister Wemburg Bodo/Glimt 500k
Celso Ortiz AZ £1.3m
Alexander Milosevic AIK £1m
Jermaine Pennant Stoke £1.5M
Stefano Kapino Panathinaikos £1.7m
Billy Sheperd Free

Players Out
Stephen Mclaughlin Deportivo £1.5m
Ishmael Miller Lens 1.4m
Dimitar Evtimov Espanyol £375k
David Morgan Numancia 100k
Morgan Ferrier Bordeaux 400k
Greg Halford Blackpool £1.3m
Radoslaw Majewski Khazar Lankaran 500k
Andy Reid Liverpool £2.6m (Don't understand this at all)

BobMem
29-07-13, 01:00 PM
Welcome VinceG

I see you're discovered Cekulajevs...

VinceG
29-07-13, 01:28 PM
Yeah, only signed him as he was free and I was desperate to sort my squad out, then come on here and find out he's a legend. Know a lot of the old database ones but not the 2013 ones. I normally try not to just fill my squad with unknown superstars prefer it if I find them myself.

VinceG
29-07-13, 03:36 PM
Well won the league, but only ruined by this

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/9391323317_663d0f4d19_o.jpg[/url]

VinceG
29-07-13, 04:05 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7431/9391509721_c0edf476d9_o.jpg[/url]

Sorry for multiple post. Final league table, far too leaky a defense but working on improving that and was better near end of season.

Top scorer Billy Sharp 24. Hopefully I can get his loan deal as permanent as he was brilliant all season, Henderson is going after his shenanigans Vs Hull.

Cekulajevs weighed in with 20 and is getting better all the time, also impressed with Nile Ranger seems he's a knob in real life.

Revelation of the season was Celso Ortiz from AZ, 1.3M and only signed part way through season and top assists with 18.

Honourable mentions to Lewis Mcgugan who was great and turned down a West Ham contract to re-sign with me. Also Billy Sheppard, a 19 yr old defender through the youth system now a regular first team player.

Aim is to get a premiership quality squad and stay up now.

ilovesanmarino
03-08-13, 07:24 PM
Things going pretty well for me, managing several teams at the same time (I find it impossible not to, and over time tend to add more and more...)
the new 4132 formation suggested by Dermotron has worked well for some teams, other I stick to 352, I also still have one team using Fodfod2 just for the fun of it.
I managed to get carrick to win the NI Prem, this was my best achievement as I was using my own tactic and had to sign all players on frees. after three years I finally managed to clear the debt (and honestly too, not by just getting one of my other clubs to sign all the players) my previous foray into Europe was only six games in the Europa league but that boosted NI co-eff enough to get a champs league spot, I have got to Q3 where I face Schalke 04. No doubt I will lose terribly but taking 50% of the gate receipts from an expected 60-75k people rather than my usual 3k will set me up forever more. I did miss out on the Glentoran job, but like those annoying McDonalds adverts, I cant argue with their choice, he has great stats.
In Wales I used 3132 to recover from losing my first 5 games to win the league. The welsh league seems to be by far the weakest in the game and the players I signed were all terrible. I released most as I only signed them for 12 months, but even the league prize (which at 40k is much bigger than the 5k for NI but still tiny) plus season tickets didnt quite get me in the black, so I hardly had a squad to name for the champions qualifyer and I went straight out, hope Wales Co-ef dont dip from that.
In Spain I had Quit Read Madrid C to Las Palmas who were on 2 points after 18 games, just managed to save them again by switching from 352 to 4132 and stayed up, I released most of the squad as they were on stupid contracts and sold several more, got the club to stay in the black but then immediately jumped ship to the newly promoted NI team - Harland and Wolff welders, signed 33 players on frees and loans! including 7 goalkeepers, all of whom are terrible! look forward to the first season there.
In Spain Ontinyent got into La Liga, spent 23m of the infinite money on new players, but that is just my fun team. Still the board see no reason to expand the 5k stadium!
San Marinco Calcio managed to win the double woo-hoo! this is despite getting fewer points than last year. The Italian cup is rubbish though, a two leg final and no prize money??? SMC have my only settled squad so very few changes to make. Just need to sign a defender, and sell a midfielder and that's it. No doubt I will end up signing another three players and then struggle to fit them in and have everyone moan about not enough first team football as ever...

I have noticed two bugs in Northern Ireland, one would be good to change, the other I am taking full advatage of.
The first is that there is a competition called the "League Cup" this has the 20 league teams (10 prem and 10 champ) play in 4 groups of 5, the top two go through. I have no idea how this works in real life, but in the game the teams are fixed. That is that the same 20 teams will play in the same 4 groups. As such the two biggest teams (glentoran and linfield) will never both be in the final as they are in the same group, and always will be. This may be deliberate to prevent them dominating, but the bug is that the 20 teams are fixed to those in the original release of CM0102 and since then many have been relegated. Not the greatest problem if it cant be fixed, but gets more amusing if more "original" teams drop out of the league.
the other issue, is that many of the NI clubs have incorrect attendance figures. They have low average and minimum, but very high maximum. This has the effect in the game of giving them a higher attendance than is realistic. As such, they earn a lot more money, at this poverty level of football, every penny and fan counts.
For example, Carrick the average is 1500, min 100, max 10,000. In my first season (in the championship) the average was 2304, when I won the prem it was 3067
Linfield, the biggest NI team is set to average 2500, min 1000, max 4000 and last year averaged 2283, so I was much better supported.
This is kind of a plea to not fix it, as it makes it much easier thanks!

ilovesanmarino
04-08-13, 10:29 PM
Ok so the games against Schalke have taken place.
Home leg first, got a full house in my (reduced capacity) stadium, and I charged premium prices for the Euro fixture..
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3529/btsv.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/btsv.jpg/)

Then followed the away leg, not I get a portion of the gate receipts, these get credited as such in the finances of course, but not for any records because they were not at my stadium, anyway how much did I get, based on the previous leg being my record?

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7733/7qan.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/7qan.jpg/)

Well, the attendence of 73148 is more than 10x my maxium capacity, and I took home about £940,000, as you can see, in one game, more than my entire income for the previous season. The previous season itself having a huge boost to the gate receipts from my run in the Europa cup. Looks like Carrick are set for life...

AtomicAnt
05-08-13, 12:07 PM
Going for my 3rd consecutive win in the World Club Champoinship, and after the opening game I was certain I'd set a new all time record. Unfortunately I would have needed one more to beat the existing record.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mqj66w.jpg

Tinsuz
05-08-13, 02:42 PM
Can you give me a screen from Bouy, how good is he now?

AtomicAnt
05-08-13, 04:01 PM
I usually never keep Bouy around in my juve-saves but in this game he's quite good.
http://i43.tinypic.com/14n2zc9.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/20auf0m.jpg

JLa
06-08-13, 09:53 PM
Standard Liege bought only two new players for the 2017/18 season ...

http://0o2471.net//54979.jpg (http://0o2471.net/54979)

BlazeRavenwolf
06-08-13, 10:29 PM
OK guys I want a new challenge, anyone got any ideas

I will be using the latest live DB

Redknapp69
06-08-13, 11:52 PM
Breathe some life in challenges section - you can do Scooter's challenge of Saints Honour with latest DB

BobMem
13-08-13, 03:04 PM
Standard Liege bought only two new players for the 2017/18 season ...

http://0o2471.net//54979.jpg (http://0o2471.net/54979)

Cheapskates didn't even spend any money.

BobMem
13-08-13, 03:06 PM
Any hints and tips for getting international jobs? On my Ipswich save I'm dominating the world (well, England) and have won the prem 6 times in a row. I apply for pretty much every international job that comes up and the only time I've been successful was with Ivory Coast. I won all 3 games, qualified for the World Cup and promptly got sacked!

Dermotron
13-08-13, 04:07 PM
Red9 created a whole thread about getting jobs abroad http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/827-Finding-a-new-job-abroad-by-Red9?p=17341#post17341 - similar things in reference to languages and nationality apply to international jobs too. Anywhere that gives you a job and has a 2nd language, say French, would make jobs more accessible to you for French speaking nations

gavo01
13-08-13, 04:47 PM
First game back in the second tier of Turkish football.

New season, new signings, a new tactic and what a start.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/firstgame_zps627d5c02.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/firstgame_zps627d5c02.jpg.html)

Felix
15-08-13, 06:58 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7928/4spm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/199/4spm.jpg/)

The 442CJF tactic took me from Serie C1/B to Serie A champions in three seasons.

gavo01
16-08-13, 08:02 PM
So, here I was, sitting in my managers office when there is a knock at the door.

Me: Come in

The door opens and in steps my number one goalkeeper, Yilmaz Akyuz.

Me: Hello Yilmaz, what can I do for you this fine evening?
YA: Boss, you know how I asked to be transfer listed?
Me: Yes.
YA: And you granted me that wish, for which at the time I was very grateful.
Me: Hmmm, yes I remember. You said that you wanted to move to a bigger club if my memory serves me correct?
YA: Yes Boss, I did, and for that I am truly sorry. Looking back it was probably a hasty decision.
Me: I think so too, but, it was your decision and as a manager I have to respect my players decisions.
YA: Well Boss, if its OK with you I would like to withdraw this transfer request.

I was stunned and suprised. My mouth was wide open, speechless I was.

Me: Well then....whats brought this change of heart on?
YA: I now see and understand that this club, under your guidance Boss, is going places and can acheive great things.
Me: I see..

I paused for a while, maybe to gather my thoughts but also to give Yilmaz the feeling of nervousness about his u turn.

Me: Well..I agree this club can acheive great things and I was upset when you decided to hand in a transfer request, however if you truly want to stay at Instanbul Gungorenspor, and I beleive you do, then I will withdraw your request for a transfer.
YA: Thank you Boss.

Yilmaz then left my office, closing the door behind him.

I waited for a few minutes until I knew he was out of earshot and let out an almighty cheer.

Me: YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I knew then that I had my first choice goalkeeper back.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/ChangingMyMind_zpsea8de3a7.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/ChangingMyMind_zpsea8de3a7.jpg.html)

ilovesanmarino
16-08-13, 08:50 PM
I am not impressed by boasts of cheat tactics doing great things, I also achieved 76 points in Serie A in my third season, but I play 3-5-2
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2119/3kra.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/3kra.jpg/)

BlazeRavenwolf
20-08-13, 05:40 PM

I have started with Larissa in the Greek National B Division (Using Latest Live DB, Perk of being an updater)

BlazeRavenwolf
20-08-13, 10:00 PM
OK my first team selection

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/272/wj6v.png

feyezuid
21-08-13, 11:16 AM
I'm playing Man Utd on the ODB and put them in conference division and added some sweet players:). Just for fun and records:) In division 3 i had a tight schedule:)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9995/icab.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/icab.png/)

ilovesanmarino
21-08-13, 02:53 PM
You burried them!

feyezuid
21-08-13, 05:50 PM
Yup, 248 league goals last season... Anyone interested in screenies? Personal/team records etc...

Fods
21-08-13, 09:33 PM
No cos your cheating

feyezuid
21-08-13, 09:41 PM
Serious? Wasn't aware of that... I said, it was just for fun. I've had enough seasons without cheating, but whatever...

BlazeRavenwolf
21-08-13, 09:46 PM
Yeah if your gonna put utd in the conference then remove all players and start from scratch

Also give them a Rep of 2 or 3

feyezuid
21-08-13, 10:26 PM
Dude, I know that i am cheating. Was just curious if i could reach the 200 leaguegoals per season-barrier

ZanSnake
27-08-13, 11:48 AM
John McClaim CV

English FA Cup winners

Hearts: 2004-2006

Scottish Premier League Runner's Up
Scottish Premier League Champions
Scottish Cup Winners
Scottish League Cup Winners

Ghana: 2005-2006

African Cup of Nations Winners

Alcobana: 2006-

- - - - - -

Superb second season with Hearts, in which i accomplished winning the treble, so i wanted to get a new test so i am now in the Spanish Second Division B with a rather random team with only seven players and 50k transfer budget. :D

carloscps
28-08-13, 02:27 AM
Just won the quadruple with Sunderland :)

Lost one prem game all season, guess who against lol

ZanSnake
28-08-13, 09:07 AM
John McClaim CV

English FA Cup winners

Hearts: 2004-2006

Scottish Premier League Runner's Up
Scottish Premier League Champions
Scottish Cup Winners
Scottish League Cup Winners

Ghana: 2005-2006

African Cup of Nations Winners

Alcobana: 2006-

- - - - - -

Superb second season with Hearts, in which i accomplished winning the treble, so i wanted to get a new test so i am now in the Spanish Second Division B with a rather random team with only seven players and 50k transfer budget. :D

Actually is the Porugese Second Division B. I want to win Leagues in Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Portugal, so i guess it's a start :D

JLa
28-08-13, 09:09 AM
AFC Ajax + a few good signings + a decent tactic = power play. Just had a flawless season, 34 (or is it 38? Can't remember!) games played, 34 (38?) games won.

Suarez7
23-09-13, 05:22 PM
Lazio 1st season ODB - Finished 2nd in Serie A to Roma but won Champs Lge beating Arsenal in the final :popcorn:

JLa
23-09-13, 09:14 PM
Decent form! :lol:

http://bildr.no/thumb/c0VTRkFZ.jpeg (http://bildr.no/view/c0VTRkFZ)

vernon123
25-09-13, 07:43 PM
Have not played in a while..getting back into it with Man Utd odb .68. Haven't signed anybody as i'm heading into christmas. Found two San Marino youngsters that I'm very interested in Christian Gasperoni and Raffaele Moroni. Anyway I'll stay with United a for a couple of seasons then move on the conference club.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
27-09-13, 07:43 AM
Raffaele Moroni.
He is always good

vernon123
27-09-13, 04:50 PM
Finished first season with United. Finished as Premiership Champions and League Cup Winners. I was knocked out by Liverpool in the FA Cup Semi Finals and knocked out by Arsenal in the Champions League Semi's. I had Lomana Lua Lua on loan, but he didn't get much game time to be honest. Failed to sign the two San Marino players(both refused to leave the club) and spent much of the season re-negotiating Silvestre's contract. I'm a real nut when it comes to money in this game..don't like spending too much even on contracts.

Kaneman
11-10-13, 11:24 AM
Playing first season with created club Wembley Athletic on ODB, playing in D1 in England.
Squad is as follows:
Goalkeepers - David Seaman, Jose Luis Chilavert, Lionel Charbonnier
Defenders - Andreas Brehme, Taribo West, Ronald Koeman, Matthias Sammer, Martinos Ouzounidis, John Scales
Midfielders - Josep Guardiola, Jean-Michel Ferri, Gheorghe Hagi, Hristo Stoichkov, Bartosz Karwan
Strikers - Ally McCoist, Eric Cantona, Jürgen Klinsmann, Davor Suker, Ivan Zamorano, Saso Udovic

Average age is 35 years, all players are internationals.
Currently lying in 3rd place, about to be sacked. Start to the season was good, but fatigue took its toll. Also the fans are protesting after every non-win. :lol:

Kaneman
11-10-13, 01:59 PM
Update to the previous post. Finished 3rd with 90 pts, went on to defeat Birmingham 7-2 on aggregate.
The playoff final was against Sheffield Wednesday, who finished 4th, with the same number of points as us. Ally McCoist put us up 1-0 in the 21st minute, it was his 30th goal of the season. We switched to defensive play and shut them down until the 90th minute. And then... Nikiforenko was one-on-one with the goalkeeper... and blew it over the bar. I wouldn't blame him, who wouldn't have been afraid if they saw 200 pounds of Seaman rushing towards them.
Won promotion, and still on the brink of being sacked...

gavo01
12-10-13, 12:37 AM
Two thirds of the way through another season with Gungorenspor and its looking pretty tight at the top. As usual its the same 2 fighting for the SporToto SuperLiga, but Eruzumm BB and Kasimpasa are knocking on my door.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Tightatthetop_zps6b2d37bc.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Tightatthetop_zps6b2d37bc.png.html)

With one game to go its all down to the last day of the season. I give my team a last minute pep talk and make a point of letting the boys know how important winning this trophy is to the fans.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/FinalGame_zps50d46cc3.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/FinalGame_zps50d46cc3.png.html)

An excellent 4-1 drubbing of Keciorengucu was just what the manager had asked of his team. Coupled with the second place team surprisingly losing 2-0, the SuperLiga was coming home once again.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Greatlastgame_zps3490baf1.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Greatlastgame_zps3490baf1.png.html)

In the end we won the league by five points, flattering us really as our final points tally was the lowest we had achieved since taking the Turkish SuperLiga by storm.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Wedidit_zpsb8a7b289.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Wedidit_zpsb8a7b289.png.html)

The disappointments of the season were going out of the Champions League to our closest rivals Eskisehirspor in the Q/F, in extra time, and losing to Ankaragucu in the Turkish Cup at the same stage.

ilovesanmarino
12-10-13, 11:52 PM
Just played my own B-team in a pre-season friendly

I lost

Optimus2
13-10-13, 09:59 PM
Paulo? Is that you?

Fods
13-10-13, 10:04 PM
Playing first season with created club Wembley Athletic on ODB, playing in D1 in England.
Squad is as follows:
Goalkeepers - David Seaman, Jose Luis Chilavert, Lionel Charbonnier
Defenders - Andreas Brehme, Taribo West, Ronald Koeman, Matthias Sammer, Martinos Ouzounidis, John Scales
Midfielders - Josep Guardiola, Jean-Michel Ferri, Gheorghe Hagi, Hristo Stoichkov, Bartosz Karwan
Strikers - Ally McCoist, Eric Cantona, Jürgen Klinsmann, Davor Suker, Ivan Zamorano, Saso Udovic

Average age is 35 years, all players are internationals.
Currently lying in 3rd place, about to be sacked. Start to the season was good, but fatigue took its toll. Also the fans are protesting after every non-win. :lol:

U create this team or are they in the Latest Update, I know Wembley FC exist in real life, just not sure on the players.

Kaneman
14-10-13, 09:13 AM
I've read the news about the 2012 FA Cup campaign of the original Wembley FC, as a few marquee players, like Ray Parlour and Grame le Saux. So I decided to put a club in the English First Division and pick up a few players, who are at the end of their respective careers. Brehme, Koeman, Sammer, Hagi, Klinsmann and McCoist have non-player jobs in the database, so I switched that around, and created Cantona, as he doesn't even exist in the database. Seaman, Chilavert and Zamorano were the other starters, the rest of the squad were free agent pick ups, with the exception of Karwan (2,7M), as I needed a backup for Stoichkov, for he has a stamina of 5.

Kaneman
18-10-13, 02:38 PM
Ally McCoist put us up 1-0 in the 21st minute, it was his 30th goal of the season. We switched to defensive play and shut them down until the 90th minute. And then... Nikiforenko was one-on-one with the goalkeeper... and blew it over the bar. I wouldn't blame him, who wouldn't have been afraid if they saw 200 pounds of Seaman rushing towards them.
Really? No one? I am disappoint.

gavo01
26-10-13, 11:19 PM
Another season with Gungorenspor has started in the best possible fashion..

The league table already suggests a possible two horse race between the two biggest clubs in modern Turkish football.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/StartofSeason_zps83a58d6a.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/StartofSeason_zps83a58d6a.png.html)

A couple of high scoring friendlies have been followed by 4 excellent league results, including the latest drubbing of fancied favorites, Ankaragucu.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Fixturessofar_zps36e3c961.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Fixturessofar_zps36e3c961.png.html)

Next up, a visit to Hungary for the Champions League tie against their league title winners, Honved.

gavo01
28-10-13, 04:17 PM
Maybe I should start a story thread but then you never know when I might upsticks and start a new game with the August update, so for now I'll keep posting in here. Apologies for all the screenies.

So, we arrive at Honved, and the weather is gorgeous in Hungary. Clear blue skies. Perfect playing conditions for our first Champions League game of the season.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Honved_zps96b4afa1.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Honved_zps96b4afa1.jpg.html)

And what a start to the new CL campaign. Honved could not contain our midfield combo and by HT we were 4-0 up. A couple of second half goals completed the unexpected rout. Their goalie deciding not to bother turning up also helped our cause. :lol:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/HonvedCL_zps237d7148.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/HonvedCL_zps237d7148.png.html)

Second CL game was a much tougher affair, Marseille of France. Still, least we had home advantage.

As we stepped on to the field the away fans were in fine voice and were making their presence seen as well as their teams flag!! :wave:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Marseille_zps1a6122d8.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Marseille_zps1a6122d8.jpg.html)

This game was easier than we had anticipated. A goal either side of HT took the sting out of Marseilles tail, and with a red right at the end, meant we were sitting pretty at the top after 2 games with max points.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/MarseilleCL_zps6f183ee1.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/MarseilleCL_zps6f183ee1.png.html)

Our third CL game was a horror trip to Russia to face Zenit. We didnt expect to receive the warmest of welcomes, but like the French, the Russians were letting us know who was the Boss. Once the flares disappeared, the game could begin.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Zenit_zps1f81f067.jpg (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Zenit_zps1f81f067.jpg.html)

The match was a very close affair and its in this match where we conceded our first CL goal. A penalty just before HT, given against the run of play. 1-1 after 45 mins.
In the second half my players stepped up a gear, with Yagiz getting the winner 10 minutes from time. The noticeable performance was from Zenit's keeper. Thanks to him it could have been more.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/ZenitCL_zpsadafdee0.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/ZenitCL_zpsadafdee0.png.html)

So at the half way stage, things are looking pretty good for Gungorenspor. Another victory agianst the Russians, this time in Turkey, will take us through to the second phase.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/CLsofar_zpscb829390.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/CLsofar_zpscb829390.png.html)

Things are looking good in the SuperLiga too.

Six games, six wins and with Eskisehirspor drawing their last game we have a tiny bit of daylight between us. Can't write them off yet though. They are like Man Utd, their good run always starts at Xmas. :lol:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/SuperLigasofar_zpse4b3e608.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/SuperLigasofar_zpse4b3e608.png.html)

Our results so far.

The one noticeable league result is the excellent 3-0 win against our main city rivals, Fenerbache. That pleased the Board I can tell you. :happy:

I'm also very happy with our defence this season. That's what has cost us in the past, especially in the CL.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Resultssofar_zpse8799899.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Resultssofar_zpse8799899.png.html)

More to follow.....

gavo01
29-10-13, 05:46 PM
Small update....

League has now turned into a two horse race, albeit with Kasimpasa now. With such a huge gap between the top two one might be forgiven for thinking its the Scottish Premier league. :lol:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/2horserace_zpsd3c158f8.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/2horserace_zpsd3c158f8.png.html)

We've even recently swapped positions...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/2horserace2_zps270341f1.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/2horserace2_zps270341f1.png.html)

Champions League group phase two is 2/3 finished. A lot tighter than the first group we were in....

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/CLgrp2_zpsa5dfe581.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/CLgrp2_zpsa5dfe581.png.html)

And I never knew the Turks could play so well in the snow...:lol:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/SnowJoke_zpse8f06e4d.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/SnowJoke_zpse8f06e4d.png.html)

gavo01
01-11-13, 11:38 AM
Another season is over in Turkey.

Here we were fighting on all 3 fronts, FA Cup, League and Champions League..

But in the end, we've had to settle for just the FA cup.. disappointed isn't the word.

FA Cup Final 2031

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/FaCupscorers_zps487e8c73.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/FaCupscorers_zps487e8c73.png.html)

Our first and only trophy was the easiest to get.

Adiyamanspor are in the 3rd tier of Turkish football and had got to the final by winning their previous 2 rounds on penalties. We were even setting our sights on beating the previous record win, 5-0, one that has been held by Glenclerbirligi since 1987.

Things started well with 2 goals in the first 15 minutes. Adiyamanspor changed to defensive tactics to help stem the flow of more goals and in the end we had to settle for a 3-0. Record not beaten but we had a trophy in the cabinet.

Then came the first of the 2 disappointments...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/PL_zps5b5c0fe3.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/PL_zps5b5c0fe3.png.html)

Losing the league is bad enough when you've been dominating for the last 7 years but to lose it having only lost ONCE all season is a double body blow!!! We managed more points this season than any other and our defensive record was the best we've had.

I phoned the manager of Kasimpasa to congratulate him for winning the League. It was a hard thing to do but they deserved our respect for the way they won. Don't think that its for keep though. I want it back this time next year!!

Now comes the biggest disappointing result, the Champions League Final 2031

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/ChampsLeaguescoeres_zpse1cc335c.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/ChampsLeaguescoeres_zpse1cc335c.png.html)

We're no ones mugs here. We know what a powerful team Barcelona are. But we had defeated Chelsea 5-0 and Man City 3-2 on aggregate in the Q-F and S-F.

I decided to stick to the same formation as the previous round, 4-5-1 with 3 DMC anchoring the midfield and 2 AM's on the wing. It had worked before it can work again.

Not against Barca it seems. An early goal followed by 2 quick goals on the half hour knocked us for SIX. Santamaria was running the show, we were mere watchers. Senyuz got us a consolation late on but that's all it was. We had been played off the park, and in our own backyard too. I could even hear a few boo's ringing round the Turk Telecom Arena as I walked down the tunnel.

So there ends another season with Gungorenspor. 1 out of 3 would be a good result for some teams, but for Us it wasn't good enough. I felt like a failure. My assistant, Lionel Messi, assured me that football can be a cruel game, messing with your emotions. He was right, a bottle of red wine was definitely on the cards.

But I long for CL success again. Only once have I manged it in 20 years of management and now I have the extra worry of wondering whether our grip on Turkish football is loosening with the sudden emergence of Kasimpasa.

My board of Directors seem happy enough with my handling of the club and the results that we have achieved this season, but, with £42.5m in the transfer bank, I will be on the look out for a BIG signing this summer to fill my CL void.

Now where is that corkscrew..... http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/drinking-red-wine_zpscb562967.gif (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/drinking-red-wine_zpscb562967.gif.html)

Fadouken
01-11-13, 03:28 PM
Currently in my second season with Lyon and, after finishing a close second to PSG last season, it looks like the glory days of last decade could be returning to the Rhone Valley club. After last season's UEFA Cup triumph, this young side have taken no prisoners this season as they look to go one better this year. Ligue 1 is looking good, we are 10 points clear of PSG with 10 games to go; we are in the semi final of the League Cup and quarter finals of the French Cup and Champions League after already wrapping up the World Club Cup in December.

ilovesanmarino
02-11-13, 09:27 PM
just signed a player on a one month loan, without noticing he was out for seven months with a fractured skull

J.D.
05-11-13, 03:56 AM
How am I doing? Not bad, actually.

I just won the scottish premier division... before the split. Third title in a row (after three season) with Rangers in the 3.9.60 database. Okay, I know, it too easy, but I started that game wishing to create an all scottish squad. That part is still a work in progress... I got Michael Stewart from Manchester United, though. Not a bad signing, I guess. 27 goals and counting

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6132/iy1q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/iy1q.jpg/)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2618/c5ro.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/c5ro.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

gavo01
05-11-13, 04:04 PM
Part one of season 2031/32....

After the disappointment of last season I decided to strengthen the weakest part of my set up, the left hand side. So in came two players..

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/Leftsided_zps2b1b0342.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/Leftsided_zps2b1b0342.png.html)

Brought from Brazilian club Gremio for £2.6m

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/leftsidedtoo_zps199cd836.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/leftsidedtoo_zps199cd836.png.html)

Brought for Trabzonspor for £4.9m. Both these players would give me the necessary cover for that troubled left side.

So at the half way stage my season is looking good....

League table...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/LeagueHalfWay_zpse0dc6259.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/LeagueHalfWay_zpse0dc6259.png.html)

Once again Kasimpasa are not far behind and if Antalyaspor win their games in hand it could shape up to be an interesting season.

Things were looking good in the Champions league too. Here is the table at the winter break.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/WinterBreakCL_zps55e1fdf5.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/WinterBreakCL_zps55e1fdf5.png.html)
Notice the 3-0 win against Barca. Nice to get one over on them after last years final...

But things were not looking so good for our neighbours at Fenerbache. Following their defeat to bottom club Goztepe, which left them just outside the relegation zone of the Category A division...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/badtimes_zps9b1e57eb.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/badtimes_zps9b1e57eb.png.html)

....ugly scenes prevailed. Fans started to climb the barriers and invade the pitch. Soon after stadium seats were being ripped up and flung all over the pitch. Players from both sides decided the safest option was to leave the area immediately. TV scenes show total carnage of the stadium.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k37/gavo_01/CrowdTrouble_zpsc9c6209f.png (http://s84.photobucket.com/user/gavo_01/media/CrowdTrouble_zpsc9c6209f.png.html)

Discraceful scenes. Hoolaginism has no place in modern day football. The last we heard, the TFF were considering their actions.

Part two of season 2031/32 to follow....

Felix
15-11-13, 07:33 PM
Hell of a way to break my streak. :tsk:
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5793/ctn2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/ctn2.jpg/)

JLa
22-11-13, 03:32 PM
I left Sheffield Utd as PL champions and with 130 million in the bank. They hire Guardiola and be spends 79 million on two midfielders. :lol:

BlazeRavenwolf
25-11-13, 12:32 PM
My thread here (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4364&p=137014#post137014) gave me an idea, I have to start as Independiente in Argentina, Then once I have won all I can with them (using only free transfers, bosmans, exchanges (as long as I pay no money) & loans), Then I can move on to on to another club in my list, when the job becomes available that is

Here's my list

Argentina: Independiente

Australia: Newcastle United Jets

Belgium: Standard Liege

Brazil: Flamengo

Croatia: Hajduk Split

Denmark: Lyngby

England: Chelsea

Finland: Ilves

France: Nantes

Germany: Hamburger SV

Greece: Olympiacos

Italy: Roma

Japan: Tokyo Verdy

Netherlands: Ajax

Northern Ireland: Glentoran

Norway: Vålerenga

Poland: Lech Poznań

Portugal: Benfica

Republic of Ireland: Athlone Town

Russia: Spartak Moscow

Scotland: Inverness CT

South Korea: Chunnam Dragons

Spain: Athletic Bilbao

Sweden: IFK Göteborg

Turkey: Fenerbahçe

United States: Sporting KC

Wales: Airbus UK Broughton

316'sRegen
27-11-13, 08:25 PM
the run in will be tight in 2048 :D

I have already told the intertoto registrar to bugger off as well but i should be OK for at least Europa.

http://s20.postimg.org/to7wo2t0d/2048_run_in_Leicester.jpg

ZanSnake
28-11-13, 07:28 AM
I am a bit pissed off.

Cavani doesn't know where the end of the goal is, whereas the elder and less profitable C. Ronaldo does

Pokahontas
29-11-13, 08:26 AM
Long live King Billy!!

How am I doing?
"When the fire alarm goes off you are meant to leave the building!"

SuperStranger
30-11-13, 11:48 PM
New game, not a bad start :D

http://i.imgur.com/lvoWthY.jpg

Forgott about substitutions :bounce:

http://i.imgur.com/A7ccTXw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jHwptvV.jpg

New tac preatty well :)

craigibhoy
01-12-13, 08:12 AM
very nice start gl in promotion :)

alanshearer
04-12-13, 02:01 PM
On the up with Brackley Town!

Final Table

http://i41.tinypic.com/r1natl.jpg

Home Formation

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rdg0ti.jpg

Away Formation

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ir417q.jpg

Player of the Season

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mov4e8.jpg

Dermotron
04-12-13, 02:15 PM
The fans are Diggin it

alanshearer
04-12-13, 02:25 PM
Maximum effort from the lad, he was really Diggin in, second half of the season! :rofl:

Pokahontas
06-12-13, 09:41 PM
Since my last update, for over 6 months now I have been playing
http://futebolemportugal.do.sapo.pt/logo%20copy2.png

A career comprising 19 Seasons!

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4407/4qq.bmp
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/4225/rfh6.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2038/el6a.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/876/c3j.bmp
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6615/x7je.png

This last year something truly special
http://imageshack.com/a/img11/9789/1t8a.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img12/85/d92v.png
-A winning team built in a single year, in a very competitive league, as the previous season had shown-

Including a final fixture-day clincher, up from 0-2
http://imageshack.com/a/img571/4355/jgij.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img202/4862/hnq5.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img11/42/arbw.png

ilovesanmarino
06-12-13, 10:11 PM
I have invented a new tactic, and it seems to be doing quite well! hooray!
I took fodfod2CF as a template and tried to see how close I could get not using wib-wob.
(I presume this has been done many times before, right?)
technically, you can use the "with ball" and "without ball" screens without "wib-wob" because the basic positions are where they are in the "without ball" screen and if you add arrows it's where they are in the "with ball" screens (unless the arrows go backwards, when it's the other way around)

obviously I couldn't the actual wib-wobness of wib-wob, which is to have the players in different positions in every box, so I focused on the opposition half, I am pleased with the result

I also changed all the player instructions to match, which was a fair change too, because there are a lot of them.

so here it is,
http://i.imgur.com/K9KiPbU.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/x8pkdUr.png
obviously I'm not going to go through every box, so this is a balance of more than one, and although I am sure the first reaction from everybody will be ITS NOTHING LIKE IT. I think the closer you look, the more you see I didn't do too badly.
THe two MCs are out a bit but this is to balance some other boxes out a bit

BlazeRavenwolf
07-12-13, 11:22 AM

I have started with Lleida in the Spanish 2nd Division B (Using Autumn 2013 DB)

AtomicAnt
07-12-13, 06:46 PM
Doing quite well in Italy:
http://i44.tinypic.com/28a6qm1.jpg

Im using a tactic that looks like this:
http://i40.tinypic.com/madn68.jpg

ilovesanmarino
07-12-13, 10:28 PM
That can't be a very good Serie A, can't see San Marino on the list.

AtomicAnt
07-12-13, 10:49 PM
Theyre knocking about in serie C. Had one season in serie B last year, but finished 18th.

Pokahontas
08-12-13, 10:33 PM
[20th Season]

(straight after the Cup Final I resigned in search of a new challenge to topple the previous) ....4 summer months wandering alone over desert sandy beaches and a phone call comes in:

The perfect job after Benfica in way of the supreme Arch-Enemy (just what I hoped for)
http://www.1jour1pari.com/upload/wiki/FC-Porto-logo.png

...2 fixtures in, they had lost patience with current management. Just as well - those were 2 fixtures too many without a job!

New meat was brought in at December time in an attempt to still mount a serious challenge despite the flimsy start
One of only 2 Seasons Objectives came to closure before climax consummation
http://lmarie7b.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/screaming-person.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/420/0fjh.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPj92yOzgk

~~desperate eyes ~ look for helping hands~~

♫♪♫Like a scream, the siren's call ♫♪♫Now it seems she's lost to all♫♪♫Moving slow and trapped in pain♫♪♫Don't run with HEAVY CHAINS♫♪♫

♫♪♫What's left is torn apart♫♪♫Heavy chains on heavy heart♫♪♫Her BROKEN LIFE, her BROKEN HEART♫♪♫BROKEN PROMISES!!, Lost And Found♫♪♫Just like a knife into her heart, Keeping Her Down♫♪♫

\m/♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫\m/♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫♫♪♫\m/

♫♪♫What's left is ripped apart!!♫♪♫
♫♪♫"Heavy Chains" on HEAVY HEART♫♪♫

♫♪♫BROKEN PIECES OF LIFE♫♪♫
♫♪♫BROKEN PIECES OF HEART♫♪♫
♫♪♫BROKEN PIECES OF PROMISES♫♪♫
♫♪♫LOST AND FOUND♫♪♫

♫♪♫Heavy chains like a knife cutting into her heart♫♪♫
♫♪♫Keeping her down♫♪♫ohh♫♪♫Heavy Chains
http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/picture-of-broken-hearts/broken-n-cracked-ice-hearts.jpg

In the Second Objective it was a Titanic fight 'till the end, coming from behind in this arm wrestle with champions Benfica and Big Spenders (!?!) Sporting Lisbon.

Final Fixture. 9 minutes to the end I had been punched into the ropes. 1 minute later, the title was rescued and this Awesome Comeback was consummated. Emotion till the very end.
http://imageshack.us/a/img46/5467/73ab.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img706/4131/ujzm.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img841/3207/5qpg.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img191/1350/vqun.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/5440/3cg.bmp

http://ditchthewheat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/champagne-1262279028.jpg

At the end of the night, as per promise of 'O Senhor Presidente' I had been invited to 2 different parties
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K9Ng6sJHAUQ/Th8OGQ6y_OI/AAAAAAAAACY/NTiOQ_1YxNk/w800-h800/Eu%2BAcredito%2BPorto.porto-superleague.jpg
OR
http://www.ceroacero.es/img/logos/equipas/04/12704_ori_fc_porto.jpg

I see old habits die hard in this fuckin' Sin City :help:

BlazeRavenwolf
09-12-13, 12:12 PM
OK my team for the first half of season 1, no transfers in yet

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9005/p4i6.jpg

JLa
10-12-13, 02:11 PM
I just signed Messi for Newcastle. £ 39 million and £ 95,000/week. :D

12-12-13, 11:15 PM
Five league wins in a row and five cup wins with Benfica and Belenenses choose to ignore my job application!!! :jaw:

Pokahontas
13-12-13, 02:15 PM
http://www.rockrevoltmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/flynn.screaming.jpg

WTF is going on?! Its December... 9th in the league and this is my form:

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/3827/znov.png

ilovesanmarino
15-12-13, 12:08 AM
Tried to arrange a friendly tournament with Sint-Niklaas, FC Santa Claus and Exmouth (gedditt?!?) but Santa Claus play on a summer timetable because they are in Finaland and so are not free for friendly tournaments, a good joke utterly ruined

ilovesanmarino
15-12-13, 12:12 AM
In my game, Messi signed a very very long contract with Barcelona, but soon after fell out with his manager when he did not agree to praise in the local press. Messi has been unhappy ever since and refused to sign a new contract. I even had a bid for him at face value (£20m) accepted a few years ago, but I didn't actually have quite that much iin the bank so I was rather gutted when they did accept. ANyway he is now 31 and his contract has finally expired and after letting it roll on for two months has finally quit. I offered him to sign for me

he wants £6.25m a year!

Is that even legal?

JLa
17-12-13, 07:48 PM
Close, but no cigar ... beat Barcelona 4-1 in fixture 36, but it wasn't enough. :(

http://i43.tinypic.com/rvy3qt.png

ViK
19-12-13, 04:19 PM
In my game, Messi signed a very very long contract with Barcelona, but soon after fell out with his manager when he did not agree to praise in the local press. Messi has been unhappy ever since and refused to sign a new contract. I even had a bid for him at face value (£20m) accepted a few years ago, but I didn't actually have quite that much iin the bank so I was rather gutted when they did accept. ANyway he is now 31 and his contract has finally expired and after letting it roll on for two months has finally quit. I offered him to sign for me

he wants £6.25m a year!

Is that even legal?

I snagged him in my Man Utd game for a paltry £8m a year as a 32y/o player/coach, plus a £5m signing on fee, and something like £15k goal/assist bonus. Stupid really but I signed him because I never have done before......until now! Maybe I'll chuck him in the reserves or loan him out lol.

Pokahontas
22-12-13, 09:34 PM
1st half of this current 1st season season at this club. Really cool!!

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/7672/o9me.png

MR2ONLY
30-12-13, 02:39 PM
Why do all of the regens have no pace or acceleration?

316'sRegen
01-01-14, 01:06 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/5vfcedc2l/snd_season_start.png
http://s20.postimg.org/kfwf97719/Untitled.png

316'sRegen
01-01-14, 04:17 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/4vp1inwwt/hatful.png

316'sRegen
01-01-14, 04:41 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/6ory6zi3h/decent_start.png

316'sRegen
01-01-14, 06:15 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/t1zotsj19/nicholls.png

316'sRegen
01-01-14, 06:25 PM
16th december league table, a good start to the season, injuries are starting to tell on a small squad though...

http://s20.postimg.org/d55iatg0t/16th_DEc_lg_table.png

ilovesanmarino
01-01-14, 08:07 PM
What is it with Exeter?, they are in the Prem in mine too

316'sRegen
01-01-14, 08:52 PM
Palace, Stoke and Villa are the best teams for the last few years.

Had to return to England to complete the collection of trophies, never won the EPL with Rotherham :D

JLa
02-01-14, 04:17 PM
Heh, I took over a bankrupt Rayo Vallecano and thought it would be a decent challenge. 15 million in the red ... My project crashed after only three weeks when a new board rolled in, cleared the debt and gave me 8 million to spend.

I guess I should be happy..?

ViK
04-01-14, 11:56 AM
Aiming for a nice long, interesting save game here. Seven nations in Europe added, and I'm starting off with lowly Morecambe in Division 3 (League 2). Updates to come!

ViK
04-01-14, 03:36 PM
We're going for a non wib/wob 433 this season. We didn't have many wide players in our squad so it does lend itself to a centralised formation. We've bought in Luke O'Brien (DL) and Danny Wright (SC) for a combined £69k. My aim is at least a play-off place!

316'sRegen
04-01-14, 09:57 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/kb3qk1mql/Jesus_lives.png
http://s20.postimg.org/6ipboevz1/heed_the_warnings.png

ZanSnake
04-01-14, 10:00 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/kb3qk1mql/Jesus_lives.png
http://s20.postimg.org/6ipboevz1/heed_the_warnings.png

Oh Jesus Christ!

ilovesanmarino
04-01-14, 11:48 PM
Lust n Burger would be the best ever nickname for Rooney

316'sRegen
05-01-14, 12:07 AM
heh heh he's the leicester RWB :lol:

http://s20.postimg.org/r5e19qfdp/Lustforburgers.png

he has an understudy who will replace him in the next couple of seasons:

http://s20.postimg.org/4fewgqw65/new_generation.png

Redknapp69
05-01-14, 07:31 PM
Just signed him as record transfer (£13.5m) and then this happens............................. :( :faint: :cry: :sad: :deadhorse:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/40/dxt1.png (https://imageshack.com/i/14dxt1p)

316'sRegen
05-01-14, 08:32 PM
Finally the Premier League is in the trophy cabinet. Somehow it seems rude not to go on and win the European Cup now though :D

http://s20.postimg.org/di8fkw28t/final_table_49.png

Reunited with boss Billy is the now legendary Hernan Russo (messi's cousin :lol:) The star striker has scored goals everywhere he has been and made a name for himself back in the Villareal days, the fans were ecstatic at the announcment.

http://s20.postimg.org/97trpax5p/Hernan_celebrated.png
http://s20.postimg.org/l9k3mc02l/russo_profile.png

ViK
05-01-14, 10:27 PM
Getting towards the halfway point in my first season with Morecambe, and it's going pretty well. It has been frustrating to draw so many games. The last few especially has seen us dominate but let down by our keeper or their keeper getting MOTM. We have bought Jabo Ibehere from Colchester to improve our strike force, after a short prolific spell by on-loan Liam Hearn. We have also signed James Shea (GK, free), and Richard O'Donnell (GK, £20k) to improve in that position.

http://i.imgur.com/JhFIXOa.jpg

Hopefully we'll kick on and turn some draws into wins to sneak into the auto-promotion places :D

Shambalane
07-01-14, 08:04 PM
Starting my third season with Everton on .68. Of course using Genius Steals tactic( I know EASY!). It's a fun game, just managed to sign Harry Kewell and Julius Agahowa. Once i've won everything I'll start again with Everton using a non wib wob tactic and see if we can survive relegation and going bankrupt.

ilovesanmarino
07-01-14, 10:18 PM
I failed in Spain, again.

Oh the pain.

Shambalane
09-01-14, 05:34 PM
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz346/shambalane/Bosman_zps2943d48c.png (http://s842.photobucket.com/user/shambalane/media/Bosman_zps2943d48c.png.html)

Think i went abit overboard with the bosmans!..
Won everything in the fourth season with Everton. Was gonna pack it in, but I never managed Klose or Ibra so that should give another season of pure unadulterated fun!.

TimovieMan
14-01-14, 04:17 PM
North Ferriby Utd

Started a game with the Autumn 2013 Data Update, at the lowest level in England, with the worst-looking team.
My eye caught North Ferriby Utd, a team with insecure finances, awful facilities, and only a single coach on staff (no chairman, no manager, no assistant manager, no physio, no scouts). Perfect! :D

Season 1 - 2010/11

When I took charge, the club had a 750K debt, so I could only strengthen the squad with unemployed staff and free transfer players. And then I noticed that the club's reputation is so low that there are absolutely NO scouts and physios interested in joining, so I'd have to play most of the season without them.
And as for coaches, I could only get one. The rest were player/coaches who probably thought they'd do anything but sit in my reserves all season as players. :P

The board also wanted a respectable league position. With the team we had, that was actually not going to be that difficult - the club was shite, but there was at least some quality amongst the players.

Despite this, I still signed 7 free transfer players that I knew from a previous game - you have to get your info somewhere if you don't have scouts - that would allow me to easily obtain the title. I knew they could hold their own in the Conference Division, let alone Northern Premier. And their wage demands were within my club's low limitations.

As suspected, a couple of these players (three in particular) went on to totally destroy the Northern Premier League, leaving me without worries in the competition. And if they fell out injured, I knew that my other players would hold their own as well. The struggle this season was going to be getting into the black, signing some scouts and physios (IF I could find some willing to join).

I got 2 cash injections of 375K in the first few months, neither of which got me out of the red (because an average attendance of 600 people won't net you a lot of gate receipts so the debt was slowly getting bigger). But at least now the debt was less than 100K.
It took until December before the selling of a couple of deadwood "wanting to leave for a bigger club despite being in the reserves" players and the prize money for advancing a few rounds in the FA Cup got me into the black again. That still wasn't enough to get transfer funds, so I was still managing without a physio.

But then the fifth round of the FA Cup came! After four rounds of non-league, Conference and Third Division teams, I drew Aston Villa away. This proved to be the most important moment of the season, since it immediately meant 150K in television rights, and the best was yet to come!
Even though I lost the match with 2-0 (which was my only loss of the season, but hey, it was Villa!), Villa Park had an attendance of over 40.000, which netted me over 500K in gate receipts, a whopping FOUR times my entire season's worth of gate receipts!!!

After that I was solidly in the black, so I could finally sign a physio and a scout. Wage limitations made it so that I only found one physio willing to come (for a mere 2K in compensation to his club), and only one less-than-stellar scout (also for 2K in compensation). Still, better than nothing.

Meanwhile, I had about about 300K to spend on the transfer market, so I already started looking to strengthen my squad to be ready for the Conference League next season. Out of the 7 good ones that I had already signed, 6 would easily make the cut, and from the original squad I could definitely count on D'Laryea as well. That meant I still needed about 10-12 new players.
I went on a shopping spree for cheap players, and I made successful bids to no less than 25 players (though quite a few were on expiring contracts).

Sadly, my club's reputation got the better of me, and that shopping spree left me with a total of 3 new players. That's right, 22 people either didn't want to come, or I couldn't afford their wages.

Still, out of the three, I had goalie Rhys Evans for 40K (the largest sum I payed), who would probably be a keeper I could count on until the English First Division, and David Barron, St. Mirren's versatile defender that would strengthen me in the back for a mere 20K.

In the meantime, higher ranked teams were starting to come after a couple of my original first team players, and I let them, knowing full well that those players wouldn't be a part of my team for more than a season longer anyway (I planned on getting promoted a few times in a row, which requires a constant influx of increasingly good players, and which often demotes last season's key players to the reserves)...

The selling of players, and the lack of new signings, led to me finishing the season with a total squad of only 18 players. Still, they were more than capable enough to continue completely trashing the Northern Premier, where I became the champion with a 30-point gap after being undefeated for an entire season. Off to a good start, methinks.

Summary:

Transfer money spent: 80K
Transfer money received: 500K

Starting funds: -750K
Ending funds: +1.000K

Northern Premier League: Champions
FA Cup: Fifth Round

I only needed a few more cheap players in, to make sure I had enough backup players for the next season and I'd be set, right? Right?

Wrong!

Season 2 - 2011/12

The season started with the board spending 1.3 million to get the stadium in order for the Conference League, putting us 300K in the red. There went my budget for new players!

And then people started retiring from football. 4 of my 5 player/coaches retired from active football but continued as coaches. No problems there, the one player/coach that was good enough to be a backup player in my squad was still on-board.
Then my star AML (Julian Gray) retired. That was a big letdown, as he was my big assist man, and he was the second-best scorer in my squad. One of the players that would've still ruled in the Conference.
And finally my physio retired (at 61), leaving me without one again, and a quick look at the staff search showed that there were once again no unemployed physios. Until I got my budget in the black, I'd be playing without one yet again. Bugger!

I started looking for free transfer players, and I signed a bunch of them, but none of them really convinced me that they had what it takes to challenge for the title in the Conference. I had only 8 players left in the squad that I had any confidence in.

When the pre-season friendlies started, the worst news I could imagine happened: my two absolute best players announced their immediate retirement from football. "Shock" retirement indeed!
David Martot was by far the best player I signed last season, and he easily won the Player of the Year award in the Northern Premier, scoring me a lot of goals, making tons of assists, and generally destroying the competition. He was only 33 so I thought I'd get two more seasons out of him!
And right/centre-back Stéphane Sarni as well. Being able to play two positions and being the best defender on my squad, he was a key player who I thought had three more seasons in him (he was 33 as well)! Plus his retirement made me short on defenders. I only had 6 in total, and I was unsure about the quality of four of those.

And by this time, early August, most of the good free transfer players had already found teams, leaving me with table scraps to expand the squad and start the season...

I am now about to play my last friendly match before the start of my second season, and frankly, I'm probably in worse shape than I was at the start of the previous season (and that was a level lower). Until I get my finances up enough to get a bit of transfer funds, I'm not sure I'll be confidently challenging the title. Doesn't mean I won't try.
The board wants me to battle bravely against relegation. I laugh in their faces! :D

Ambitions this season:
- Promotion to the Third Division
- Reaching the FA Cup Fifth Round again
- Winning the FA Trophy (I didn't get to play it last season, and if I promote this season, this is my one shot to obtain it)

Wish me luck!

ilovesanmarino
14-01-14, 09:12 PM
Managing Bilbao is a very big challenge.

Please note this is entirely based on the game, I care not for real life.

Bilbao are in the top Spanish League, have top level youth facilities and a decent size stadium.

The Basque players are possibly dispropotionately talented for their number.

There are also a LOT of other Basque only clubs.

But....

Nearly all the other Basque clubs are non-league. Bilbao are by several orders of magnitute the biggest and best Basque club, they are not however the biggest nor best club in Spain. This means that when scouting, you will generally only find players worse than what you have. You will find some better than what you have, but these will all have played for Bilbao at some point, and moved on to better things. So you are either looking at no-hopers, or someone well established at Real Madrid.
Relying on your youth team is risk too, as you will only get Basque regens, you need existing Basque players to retire. You wont get any good youth players, unless some high PA players retire.

ALso you cant use Basque as a scouting term. You can use it in the free search though, or use some software to scout for players, but all of these is a pain in the bum.

I also utterly fail at the Spanish League every single time.

I actually think it might be easier to manage one of the lesser Basque teams (not sure any are playable by default though) as by starting at the bottom you would have greater freedom to sign more Basque players, and then trade off/with Bilbao as you improve.

Anyway I lasted about six months (including the summer break) before I gave up and quit, going back to Ontinyent

JLa
15-01-14, 11:56 AM
I can imagine managing Bilbao is hard, but just load up the Iodine tactic and you will win everything anyway. :D

We had a challenge on here some years ago, taking Barakaldo (also a Basque club) to European glory. It was hard.

JLa
15-01-14, 12:01 PM
So I holidayed for 20+ seasons at Glenavon. Mainly to test a tactic (it worked), but also to see if I could get Glenavon to be a major club. It seems to be impossible, which was kind of a letdown really.

After 3-4 seasons I was the dominating force in Northern Irish football (although not that much of an achievement..), and I was a regular in the Champions League finals (semi, quarter, runner-up, winner...). However, I was still unable to attract (good) players from the major leagues out there, I mainly had to rely on Northern Irish youth from various clubs. Sure, I could sign an 18-year old from Chelsea, but what's the point when he's useless anyway.

After 18 seasons and with 60 million in the bank, I even edited the save and maxed out Glenavon's reputation, but it didn't make any difference. I think it's because the Northern Irish league is crap/low-rep, and that probably won't change ever.

ilovesanmarino
15-01-14, 03:42 PM
Unless you edit that in the editor...

pieriedaczi
15-01-14, 11:50 PM
I'm doing fine.
Now fourth season completed with Colwyn Bay. In brief looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/mf3sVf7.png

What happened last season? It was my heaviest battle ever. Here's the answer:
http://i.imgur.com/bFurRBR.png

no fancy tactics, no wibwob:
http://i.imgur.com/IRXflXS.png

buy players only recomended by scouts, and keep away of other cheats

Probably my biggest asset:
http://i.imgur.com/nrJfVpw.png

16-01-14, 10:18 PM
http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-160114-131332.php (http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-160114-131332.php) http://www.zimagez.com/miniature/screenshot-160114-131454.php (http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/screenshot-160114-131454.php)

The first time I have played the World Championships, why did the Portuguese league winners take part? What is the criteria?

AtomicAnt
17-01-14, 12:33 AM
This is reminding me of cm4..
http://i44.tinypic.com/rc94eg.jpg

AtomicAnt
17-01-14, 12:39 AM
Then, of course, this happens:
http://i41.tinypic.com/ofmfa.jpg

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
17-01-14, 01:18 PM
The first time I have played the World Championships, why did the Portuguese league winners take part? What is the criteria?
Competition taking place in Portugal

BlazeRavenwolf
19-01-14, 09:28 PM
My Career so far

Clubs

Lleida 2001-Present

2001/02

2nd in Spanish Second Division 2B (Failed to win promotion)

2002/03

3rd in Spanish Second Division 2B (Failed to win promotion)

2003/04

1st in Spanish Second Division 2B (Won promotion to Second Division)

2004/05

1st in Spanish Second Division (Promoted to First Division)

Nations

FYROM (Mar 2002-Jul 2002)
Cameroon (Jul 2002-Jul 2005) Sacked after Qualifying for World Cup 2006

Confederations Cup Runners-Up

Congo (Jul 2005-Nov 2005)
Guyana (Nov 2005-Present)

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
21-01-14, 08:58 PM

The most predictable event in 0102?

BlazeRavenwolf
22-01-14, 01:42 AM
My Career so far

Clubs

Lleida 2001-Present

2001/02

2nd in Spanish Second Division 2B (Failed to win promotion)

2002/03

3rd in Spanish Second Division 2B (Failed to win promotion)

2003/04

1st in Spanish Second Division 2B (Won promotion to Second Division)

2004/05

1st in Spanish Second Division (Promoted to First Division)

Nations

FYROM (Mar 2002-Jul 2002)

Confederations Cup Runners-Up

Congo (Jul 2005-Nov 2005)
Guyana (Nov 2005-Present)

Currently in August 2006

Club

Lleida - 2001-Present

2005/06

3rd in Spanish First Division

Current First Team

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/545/omu7.jpg

Gianluca Mussi (DC), Jose Manuel Estevez (GK), Lee Massey (DC) & Yannick Mendes (SC) are all regens

Estevez & Mendes came from my youth team

Nation

Guyana (Nov 2005-Jul 2006)
Cameroon (Jul 2006-Present) 2nd Tenure

Tanzo85
22-01-14, 01:51 PM
Hi Folks,

As I'm relatively new here I thought I'd start a little discussion to see what CM01/02 games people are currently playing? And how people are getting on.

At present, I decided to have what I call a "silly" game where I go a bit whacky on the data editor. I tend to do this when I've ran my course having a normal non 'cheating' game and fancy something daft and fresh. I was inpsiried by a local story up here in the north east of England whereby former Newcastle player Olivier Bernard has purchased a local non league team with the attempt to raise it's profile up the leagues and be a sort of feeder club to it's more senior north east neighbours, to develop more local talent. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25451422).

I've taken over 'Newcastle Benfield' and placed them in the conference table at the expense of Luton Town. Apologies, to any Luton fans, this was simply on the basis they are the current league leaders so I thought I'd even the league out! I then had to purchase a full squad as they didn't have a single player to their name. My ground held 2000 people and the reputation and training had a score of 1. When I'd signed my squad before the opening game of the season I boosted my squads stats with huge potential, determination etc. using the saved game editor and played as normal. The players improved rapidly and I must confess to breezing the lower leagues (I'm now in the Premiership).

I enjoyed the wheeling and dealing side of it and also "building a club". Improving the ground, building a fanbase, upgrading training facilities, backroom staff and the likes.

I found the main challenge to be trying to keep the players happy and committed to the cause for as long as possible before they wanted to move to a bigger club. I've managed to re-sign a couple of players back now the clubs reputation has risen. I traded in English players only and the England squad now has a massive pool of players to choose from (if only :lol: ) Although they still seem to go out in the Quarters of the World Cup, I guess some things never change.

I'm currently in the second season of the Premiership and it's early 2007. We're sitting at the top of the Premiership, and safely into the 2nd group stage of the Champions League, with the FA Cup to kick off. The League Cup is history after a 3-1 loss to Man Utd. Where next for Newcastle Benfield? A treble attempt will be launched but rumours are rife that the manager is seeking his next challenge. Could a sensational move to a rival club be on the cards to take on his old side and dismantle their new found dominance? What do you guys think?

Let me know how your games are going. And if anyone else has their own whacky fantasy games to freshen things up from time to time.

Mark
22-01-14, 02:06 PM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=385 :ok:

Great post though. I didn't know about Bernard's takeover!

Tanzo85
22-01-14, 02:55 PM
North Ferriby Utd

Started a game with the Autumn 2013 Data Update, at the lowest level in England, with the worst-looking team.
My eye caught North Ferriby Utd, a team with insecure finances, awful facilities, and only a single coach on staff (no chairman, no manager, no assistant manager, no physio, no scouts). Perfect! :D

Season 1 - 2010/11

When I took charge, the club had a 750K debt, so I could only strengthen the squad with unemployed staff and free transfer players. And then I noticed that the club's reputation is so low that there are absolutely NO scouts and physios interested in joining, so I'd have to play most of the season without them.
And as for coaches, I could only get one. The rest were player/coaches who probably thought they'd do anything but sit in my reserves all season as players. :P

The board also wanted a respectable league position. With the team we had, that was actually not going to be that difficult - the club was shite, but there was at least some quality amongst the players.

Despite this, I still signed 7 free transfer players that I knew from a previous game - you have to get your info somewhere if you don't have scouts - that would allow me to easily obtain the title. I knew they could hold their own in the Conference Division, let alone Northern Premier. And their wage demands were within my club's low limitations.

As suspected, a couple of these players (three in particular) went on to totally destroy the Northern Premier League, leaving me without worries in the competition. And if they fell out injured, I knew that my other players would hold their own as well. The struggle this season was going to be getting into the black, signing some scouts and physios (IF I could find some willing to join).

I got 2 cash injections of 375K in the first few months, neither of which got me out of the red (because an average attendance of 600 people won't net you a lot of gate receipts so the debt was slowly getting bigger). But at least now the debt was less than 100K.
It took until December before the selling of a couple of deadwood "wanting to leave for a bigger club despite being in the reserves" players and the prize money for advancing a few rounds in the FA Cup got me into the black again. That still wasn't enough to get transfer funds, so I was still managing without a physio.

But then the fifth round of the FA Cup came! After four rounds of non-league, Conference and Third Division teams, I drew Aston Villa away. This proved to be the most important moment of the season, since it immediately meant 150K in television rights, and the best was yet to come!
Even though I lost the match with 2-0 (which was my only loss of the season, but hey, it was Villa!), Villa Park had an attendance of over 40.000, which netted me over 500K in gate receipts, a whopping FOUR times my entire season's worth of gate receipts!!!

After that I was solidly in the black, so I could finally sign a physio and a scout. Wage limitations made it so that I only found one physio willing to come (for a mere 2K in compensation to his club), and only one less-than-stellar scout (also for 2K in compensation). Still, better than nothing.

Meanwhile, I had about about 300K to spend on the transfer market, so I already started looking to strengthen my squad to be ready for the Conference League next season. Out of the 7 good ones that I had already signed, 6 would easily make the cut, and from the original squad I could definitely count on D'Laryea as well. That meant I still needed about 10-12 new players.
I went on a shopping spree for cheap players, and I made successful bids to no less than 25 players (though quite a few were on expiring contracts).

Sadly, my club's reputation got the better of me, and that shopping spree left me with a total of 3 new players. That's right, 22 people either didn't want to come, or I couldn't afford their wages.

Still, out of the three, I had goalie Rhys Evans for 40K (the largest sum I payed), who would probably be a keeper I could count on until the English First Division, and David Barron, St. Mirren's versatile defender that would strengthen me in the back for a mere 20K.

In the meantime, higher ranked teams were starting to come after a couple of my original first team players, and I let them, knowing full well that those players wouldn't be a part of my team for more than a season longer anyway (I planned on getting promoted a few times in a row, which requires a constant influx of increasingly good players, and which often demotes last season's key players to the reserves)...

The selling of players, and the lack of new signings, led to me finishing the season with a total squad of only 18 players. Still, they were more than capable enough to continue completely trashing the Northern Premier, where I became the champion with a 30-point gap after being undefeated for an entire season. Off to a good start, methinks.

Summary:

Transfer money spent: 80K
Transfer money received: 500K

Starting funds: -750K
Ending funds: +1.000K

I only needed a few more cheap players in, to make sure I had enough backup players for the next season and I'd be set, right? Right?

Wrong!

Season 2 - 2011/12

The season started with the board spending 1.3 million to get the stadium in order for the Conference League, putting us 300K in the red. There went my budget for new players!

And then people started retiring from football. 4 of my 5 player/coaches retired from active football but continued as coaches. No problems there, the one player/coach that was good enough to be a backup player in my squad was still on-board.
Then my star AML (Julian Gray) retired. That was a big letdown, as he was my big assist man, and he was the second-best scorer in my squad. One of the players that would've still ruled in the Conference.
And finally my physio retired (at 61), leaving me without one again, and a quick look at the staff search showed that there were once again no unemployed physios. Until I got my budget in the black, I'd be playing without one yet again. Bugger!

I started looking for free transfer players, and I signed a bunch of them, but none of them really convinced me that they had what it takes to challenge for the title in the Conference. I had only 8 players left in the squad that I had any confidence in.

When the pre-season friendlies started, the worst news I could imagine happened: my two absolute best players announced their immediate retirement from football. "Shock" retirement indeed!
David Martot was by far the best player I signed last season, and he easily won the Player of the Year award in the Northern Premier, scoring me a lot of goals, making tons of assists, and generally destroying the competition. He was only 33 so I thought I'd get two more seasons out of him!
And right/centre-back Stéphane Sarni as well. Being able to play two positions and being the best defender on my squad, he was a key player who I thought had three more seasons in him (he was 33 as well)! Plus his retirement made me short on defenders. I only had 6 in total, and I was unsure about the quality of four of those.

And by this time, early August, most of the good free transfer players had already found teams, leaving me with table scraps to expand the squad and start the season...

I am now about to play my last friendly match before the start of my second season, and frankly, I'm probably in worse shape than I was at the start of the previous season (and that was a level lower). Until I get my finances up enough to get a bit of transfer funds, I'm not sure I'll be confidently challenging the title. Doesn't mean I won't try.
The board wants me to battle bravely against relegation. I laugh in their faces! :D

Ambitions this season:
- Promotion to the Third Division
- Reaching the FA Cup Fifth Round again
- Winning the FA Trophy (I didn't get to play it last season, and if I promote this season, this is my one shot to obtain it)

Wish me luck!

Excellent game, love the "5 year plan ones". Keep us posted.

Quick question - How come you were able to play in the Northern Premier? Is that a tapani patch thing?

Tanzo85
22-01-14, 02:56 PM
Whoops! Couldn't see the wood for the trees! Thanks for that Mark, I'll check those out.

TimovieMan
28-01-14, 01:10 AM
Quick question - How come you were able to play in the Northern Premier? Is that a tapani patch thing?I'm playing with the Tapani Patch 2.19 and with the recent Autumn 2013 Data Update.

Because of this, the Welsh competition is no longer in the game, but the English competition has the Northern Premier added to it (it replaces the Welsh competition, so I was really the "Welsh Manager of the Year" instead of the "Northern Premier Manager of the Year".

Since I'm Belgian and have little to no knowledge of English Lower Leagues anyway (nor the Welsh League for that matter), this simply means I get to start a level lower in England. Suits me just fine! :D

Excellent game, love the "5 year plan ones". Keep us posted.The story continues:

North Ferriby Utd

Season 1 - 2010/2011

Season 2 - 2011/2012

After the stadium expansion left me in the red, and after a couple of shock retirements of my best players (as well as my only physio), I was forced to find a couple of good free transfer players fast.

Not that I wasn't confident that I could reach promotion to Division 3 with the team at hand, but I wanted to get the title, as well as the FA Trophy, and I wanted to defeat a couple of teams from higher leagues in the FA Cup. You can't do that with only half a team of good enough players.

With the squad I had left (GK Rhys Evans, DLRC David Barron, DL Jason Milletti, DMC Jonathan D'Laryea, DMRC Matt Cassidy, AMR Jamie Yates and star SC Jonny Evans), I really needed a couple of good new players. I dug up AMLR Kevin Larvin and player/coach DMRC Shaun Fagan from my reserves and knew I could probably count on them as backups, as well as on recent signings GK Ryan Esson, DR Andrew Edwards, DLRC Gareth Walsh, AMRC Shaun Lamb, MC Nick Phinn and SC Charlie Sheringham.
I still needed a couple of good defenders that were better than good backups.

Having one scout doing a youth search and another an English search, got three players to my attention: DC Spencer Harrison, DR Craig Baxter and 15-year-old DC Tom Pearson.

Tom Pearson, the regen of Mark Peters (whom I had never heard of before), looked like an absolute beast: high determination and work rate, good positioning and marking, ok tackling, and stats like jumping, heading, strength, stamina, bravery, acceleration and pace through the roof. All the right scores in all the right attributes...
He would be my most important signing, being a first team regular immediately (and due to his high influence even captaining after a year). I have a feeling I'll be trying to take this kid on a long career...

I didn't take any screens when I signed him, but this is what he looks like now (halfway through season 3, after turning 17):

http://users.telenet.be/TimovieMan/Images/CM0102/Pearson1.png

The season started with a 0-1 loss, 3 wins and 2 draws. This put me in fourth place, right on course for promotion. And then a couple of my players stepped up their game, the team started to gel, and I went on a surprising unbeaten streak for the rest of the season. Jonny Allan, good for 30 goals in 28 matches in my first season, repeated this average to score 46 goals in 45 matches, D'Laryea doubled his rate of assists, and several of my so-called backups turned out to be better than expected. The result: 36 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss in the Conference Division, and clear sailings all the way to the FA Trophy Final.
The FA Cup was a success story as well: first Preston, then Forest Green, then Nottingham Forest and after that the spectacular Braintree :P, who managed to force me to a replay! I won the replay 4-1, though, and then I had similar luck to last season because I drew Tottenham away for the fifth round.
By that time, the prize money and gate receipts had pulled the bank balance in the black, so I could finally hire physios again (I hired two), and after the away match against Tottenham, I'd have enough budget to prepare for Division 3.
However, our team managed a draw against Tottenham, so we would welcome them at Church Lane, where (granted, their B team, but still) they... lost 1-0! Dioudis (Lloris was sitting out) was even man of the match, so I definitely deserved the win. In the quarter final of the FA Cup (as a measily Conference side), I drew Man City away. Another influx of money!
And again, I drew them 2-2! I got lucky, Joe Hart had a bad day letting in 2 shots out of 3 whereas Rhys Evans let in 2 out of 7. At home, our side repeat this feat: 2-2 again (and this time it was a correct result). Extra time followed and penalties after that. During the penalty shoot-out, however, Joe Hart totally destroyed us, stopping our first three penalties, making us exit the FA Cup with a 0-3 penalty session. But at least we left the FA Cup unbeaten!

The matches against Tottenham and Manchester City had left me with well over a million in the bank, and so I started shopping for a Division 3 side. When I took a look at the players I had sold the previous season, I realized that I had made a terrible mistake in letting the extremely versatile D/DM LRC Matt Wilson go to QPR for 110K. He sat on the bench for an entire season, but his stats had skyrocketed to levels that I didn't think he could reach. Boy was I wrong. Naturally, I wanted to rectify my mistake and take him back. Being sidelined all season had left him wanting first team football, so when I made QPR an acceptable offer, he was more than willing to come back with the promise of first team football. I had already won promotion by this time, so he knew he'd join a Division 3 squad when the transfer window reopened.
He cost me 290K more than he had made me, but looking at his stats, and his amazing versatility, it was worth it.

This amazing season gave me enough gate receipts, TV revenue and prize money that, after my stadium got expanded again for Division 3, I still had a little over 1 million in the bank. And this in a season where I spent more money on one single player than I gained by selling a dozen others. My money problems were over, so as of season 3, my aim is to start building a class team.

Summary:

Transfer money spent: 465K
Transfer money received: 400K

Starting funds: -300K
Ending funds: +1.100K

Conference: Champions
FA Cup: Quarter Final
FA Trophy: Winners

Season 3 - 2012/13

This season, my main goal is to improve my squad, AND to make it a great deal younger. A lot of my players are getting older, and I'm looking to get rid of some of them before their stats plummet. Jonny Allan is 32 now, which is less than ideal for a striker, Rhys Evans has reached peak age 33, D'Laryea is 31, Kevin Larvin as well (plus I don't consider him good enough for D3), etc.

This season would be a season of transfers in and out. By now I had 5 scouts at my disposal, constantly doing youth searches, England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, N.Ireland and UK & Ireland searches, greatly improving my player searches (as I now no longer have to do most of the ground work myself - which wasn't easy with attribute masking).

I was in dire need of good wingers, and could use some reinforcements in the center midfield. I bought former West Ham player Anthony Edgar for the AMR position (reducing original player Jamie Yates to a backup), got Port Vale's Dean Stevens for the AML/FC position, Macclesfield's GK Rhys Taylor and Hibernian's Tom Taiwo for my midfield. Taiwo in particular has been outstanding so far, averaging over 8 per match.

I've already spent 650K on new players and really did manage to get rid of everyone over 30 for a combined 1.5 million. My squad's average age is now down to 24 from 28, which makes me happy. Tom Pearson is still my youngest player.
Meanwhile, Bradford and Nottingham Forest started a bidding war for David Barron (who I had no intention of letting go), and once they reached 750K (for a 110K valued player), I decided to negotiate for 1.1M. Forest obliged and I made the biggest transfer sum of my career so far.

I'm currently just over halfway into the season and the team is steamrolling through it: I've won every single match there is to win in Division 3 so far, I'm averaging over 3 goals per match and concede less than 1 goal every two matches. Even the cup matches are going great: I beat Man City away (yay, gate receipts) and totally destroyed Arsenal away (again: yay, gate receipts) in the League Cup. I now face Reading in the semi-final. Having gotten here, and having beaten City and Arsenal, I aim to win.
I also want to reach the FA Cup semi-finals, but Norwich have forced me to a replay in the 3rd round, so we'll see how that'll pan out.
And I also want to win the Van's Trophy.

And to say the board wanted me to "battle bravely against relegation". Seriously, this is my third season, they should pick up on the pattern already. :eyebrows:

Next year: European football as a Division 2 side? The club finally going pro?
I've got 4.9M in the bank right now. Bring it on! :smokin:

BlazeRavenwolf
29-01-14, 01:26 AM
I am trying to take a club from the bottom league to the top and win the league & the cups, but I have set myself 3 restrictions

3. If I am sacked I must start from the lowest division of the country I was managing in before (So basically I have to stay in the same country & start again from the lowest league again)

I have started with Yenisey in the Russian First Division (Using Autumn 2013 DB)

First team selection

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/23/4b3c.png

BlazeRavenwolf
04-02-14, 02:03 PM
First season now over, so here is how I got on

First Team

http://imageshack.com/a/img36/7449/g256.png

Transfers In

http://imageshack.com/a/img823/2966/tkvi.png

Loans In

http://imageshack.com/a/img191/5646/f5pk.png

Final Table

http://imageshack.com/a/img203/6017/8clw.png

alanshearer
04-02-14, 02:26 PM
3. If I am sacked I must start from the lowest division of the country I was managing in before (So basically I have to stay in the same country & start again from the lowest league again)

I like these restrictions, might start a game with them :ok:

BlazeRavenwolf
04-02-14, 02:49 PM
Go for it mate its a lot of fun

alanshearer
07-02-14, 10:59 AM
Go for it mate its a lot of fun

Started with West Ham but added two more restrictions:

1. I can only use non-WIBWOB formations

2. Can only hire staff on free transfers

Doing well so far, managed to check the FA Cup off the list in season 1:

http://i57.tinypic.com/ip6rty.jpg

Finished 3rd in the league close behind Man U and Arsenal so no shame there but suffered an embarrassing 2-1 defeat in the league cup to 2nd division QPR.

Champions league to look forward to this season thanks to an emphatic qualifier win:

http://i62.tinypic.com/14mf60n.jpg

Got some good players in for season 2 so confident we can push on for more honours:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2s8lljb.jpg

:ok:

TomH2000
07-02-14, 11:50 PM
After about a year out from the game, i've decided to get back on it, and what better way than to set my self a challenge. Using the autumn 2013 update and Ultimate Tactic pack 3 I'll be attempting to get the mighty Kidderminster Harriers promoted to the Premiership, I'm not setting myself a time limit, however i will be setting a 3 strikes and your out rule, meaning i'll only be having 3 chances. Seeing as the team are in the conference and start off already in debt, it will be challenging indeed; strictly no Editor shall be used and i'm also setting myself a Maximum of 4 signings per season (including loans) using only the free transfer/loan market.

I'll be updating this thread twice a week highlighting signings, key results, positions etc

Kingsley
08-02-14, 09:47 PM
Good luck bud.

using only a limited number of free and loan signings is going to be tough

TomH2000
08-02-14, 10:51 PM
Good luck bud.

using only a limited number of free and loan signings is going to be tough

Thanks!!

I'm doing surprisingly well so far in my first season;

Currently placed 2nd in the conference

Pld: 24 Won: 18 Drn: 1 Lst: 8

Using mainly the 4-5-1 barca style tactic; I've just switched to Silent alarm.

Joe Lolley is my top scorer with 8

Signed 2 youth players for free and have Paul Green on loan from Forest green.

An fa cup tie with Spurs got me out of debt with a nice 300k gate, sadly lost 4-2.

Fods
09-02-14, 03:21 AM
Hardly a story mate maybe best in the how are you doing thread

dw82
10-02-14, 02:02 PM
OK so after about 3 years away from the game I have come back and, after a bit of my own editing to the latest update on here, started a new game as Man Utd manager.

NOTE: I have edited the stats of most of the squad to what I think is more realistic, but this has pretty much meant a universal lowering of them. I have also set it so Juan Mata is a United player from the start.

I have no real restrictions on my game but what I would like to do with United is to develop the youth as much as possible and not buy any players, but those I do buy to be English. United are very much in transition in real life and this is the same in game - the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, van Persie, will be out in a couple of years so my aim is very much to develop a new team mostly all English plus the current young players I already have.

Tactically I am using my own tweaked version of the WWW tactic so yes I'm sure I'm going to do OK! It's actually quite a realistic tactic in line with modern football though, 2 holding players with three narrow attacking midfielders behind the striker. Before I go into how I am doing so far I should say how much I've enjoyed it, so much has happened already to remind me of the good old days when we all used to play this game the first time around!

So, the WWW tactic is an aggressive attacking tactic, relying on high pressing and hard tackling, as such my team is built around the more physical players slightly more so than skill and craft. The one downside of this system (depending on how you look at it!) is with no real wide players, Nani/Valencia/Young's days look numbered already. My starting team so far has Rooney, Mata and Welbeck supporting van Persie, and Phil Jones alongside Carrick in defensive midfield in a bruising role! I am also looking to develop Smalling as quickly as possible at centre back.

After just 5 games I have won every game and going great guns so far:

Community Shield - beat Wigan 4-1 pretty comfortably, Rooney scored twice and was man of the match in his first game as new United captain ;) and Mata scored on his debut too, although did get injured straight after and is out for a few weeks. Also found it funny that Wigan's Caldwell got sent off out of nothing for shoving Rooney; classic Champ Man event!

http://s15.postimg.org/jmy0bqn8r/Community_Shield.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
take screen shot (http://postimage.org/app.php)

First league game, demolished Swansea 4-0 at home with a van Persie hat trick - although he also got injured and is out for a month! Head-scratcher already as I don't really fancy Hernandez and like Rooney in one of the supporting roles. So...

Second league game, away at Stoke and I played Marouane Fellaini as striker! His aerial ability and physical presence in this system is quite effective and he scored early on in a comfortable 2-0 win.

Third league game, away to Liverpool. First real test of the season, and I was already deprived of Mata and van Persie - luckily Suarez was still suspended though. I was pleased that we again looked so solid and had the better of the game - Welbeck scored a great solo goal in the first half, and after bringing on forgotten man Federico Macheda (who had a couple of great reserve games and whose stats seem to have exploded!) he sealed it late on for a great 2-0 win.

Fourth league game, home to West Brom. This came quickly after the Liverpool game and with my first Champions League match next, thought this a good time to freshen up the team a bit. I rested Rooney and gave Macheda a start (seriously his stats have come on so much in my game so quickly that, unlike in real life, he looks a fair prospect to replace van Persie in a couple of years, he's still only 22). Indeed, another goal from him and an early Carrick penalty meant game over after 15mins, although West Brom did get one back second half and had chances to equalise late on which made me think I'm maybe not so invincible.

Still, 4 league wins out of 4, including at Anfield, only 1 conceded, plus I've barely had van Persie and Mata, it's very promising. Carrick's been immense in midfield, Phil Jones next to him has been effective too. Evra at left back has just been too good, I'd like to look at replacing him though because he'll be 33 soon and his contract's up (been looking at Luke Shaw to buy, but also have young Tyler Blackett who has the physical stats already, just needs to improve in training). Rafael is also strong at right back, so Antonio Valencia's only chance is as a backup as an attacking full back. Smalling looks great so far at centre back, with the only dilemma as to his long term partner. My only 'concern' right now is Januzaj whose stats are already great but has barely kicked a ball yet. He's already wanting a new contract and 'thinking of moving clubs' because I only have him as a prospect and can't see a way into my current system yet. Maybe I should send him out on loan this season?

It also looks like there will be big squad changes pretty quickly - Ferdinand and Vidic are past it, can't see Young or Nani getting a game, and Fletcher/Anderson/Cleverley are average in centre midfield. Got a lot of the young players on intensive training schedules so hoping to bring a lot of them through! So, a perfect start, and with Marseille, Fenerbahce and Sociedad in first Champions League group, should be relatively straightforward first couple of months...

Fods
11-02-14, 11:57 AM
Nice write up mate :ok:

dw82
11-02-14, 03:37 PM
Nice write up mate :ok:

Thanks Fodster... and this all despite me using CA15'd players and 'cheat' tactic... :first:

UPDATE TO POST ABOVE:
I'll post a couple more early screenshots when I get chance. I will also try to continue to document this season in here, not because I believe anyone is desperate to know, but for my own benefit (it's not like there's loads going on in this thread it seems).

I've only played one more game since, (I'm a SLOW player, I play all my matches on very slow too) another 2-0 win at Marseille with goals from Rooney and Mata on his first game back from injury. Latest dilemma is now that Vidic has just got injured for a month, who do I bring in to partner Smalling? I definitely don't want to move Phil Jones back as his midfield partnership with Carrick is rock solid so far. It's really between Ferdinand and Evans - Evans looks very average, Ferdinand's stats are very strong but at 34 and out of contract soon, is it better long term to give Evans a run and hope he improves? This would fit in better with my long term project.

Fods
12-02-14, 08:08 AM
You be surprised as to how many people read this and the stories area of the forum. Keep it up.

I'm more intrigued as I follow UTD :ok: