PDA

View Full Version : CM Walkthrough: Dominating the world in 30 minutes, with any club, without buying players

Aula
04-03-12, 09:56 PM
This is my attempt at a CM "walkthrough" -- with this 10 step guide you will win the CL (as many times as you want) with any crappy lower-league club.

You will actually do it in just 30 minutes of playing time, without buying a single player (ahem, your assistant will do that though).

This technique was developed by countless hours of holiday testing of databases/patches. Here you (sortof) assume the role of a managing director (while being a manger in the game) and only do the very high level managing.

CM Walkthrough

0. Start a new game. Anywhere. Pick any club. The ~30 minutes part works with a small database with one league.

Phase I - Ascension

The goal in this phase is to promote to the top league, win it, and then win CL (or equivalent).

1. Adjust your clubs training as follows:
General
Fitness: medium
Tactics: intensive
Shooting: light
Skills: intensive
Goalkeepers
Fitness: medium
Tactics: intensive
Shooting: none
Skills: light
Goalkeeping: intensive

2. Load a good and stable tactic (one that has few off-seasons). For instance, this works with my 442tapani_as2.

Note that nobody considers this tactic an "abuse" or "cheat" tactic. It performs slightly above average in tactics benchmarks. I find it very robust though, with few catastrophic seasons.

3. Go to player search, and search for interested coaches. Select view attributes, and sort them by "Coa" (Coaching outfield players).

If the best interested coaches are noticably better than your current assistant, offer them the role of an assistant (once you find one that wants to discuss assistant contract, give them the offer and fire your current assistant).
Otherwise hire a few of the best coaches (that is one with high average and no low values -- an uniform nuance of orange is great). Some occasional 20s can compensate for low adaptability or so. When necessary, fire some of the worst coaches you have.

This is not a careful exercise, dont spend time comparing people, just look at the general nuance of orange in their attributes.

If there are no interested coaches, also check uninterested unemployeds and assistants. Or holiday (see step 4) for a month or two and check again.

4. Go on holiday, with the only instruction set is "use tactic".

5. Once per season (maybe twice the first year), repeat step 3 and 4, until you win the top tier league in your nation. You will usually go straight up and win.

This is the first target achieved.

6.Assign some scouts to scout next opposition (you should do this as soon as you reach the top league or enter the UEFA cup, whichever comes first).

Optionally, you can ask your board to invest in youth development and hire some physios with high non-physio attributes.

7. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you win CL. You will usually do it on the first season you get there (this is a bit random though). Getting good coaches and assistants is the key, dont ever look at the money they want or what you have to pay to get them.

This is the second target achieved.

Phase II - Dominatio

In this phase the goal is to win everything, every year.

8. Shortlist the top players in the world. I do it by going to player search and set the filter to 20-30 year olds. Sort all players (not just interested!) by the attributes:
a) Goalkeeping attributes: sort by handling. Look through the first page - and shortlist any goalkeeper that has high values overall and very high handling. No detailed comparisons necessary -- just look at the general shade of red.

b) Defensive attributes: sort by positioning. Look through the first page or two of players. Shortlist the ones that look like world class (lots of red). (Don't shortlist goalkeepers or strikers by positioning).

c) Offensive attributes: sort by passing. Look for lots of overall red values.

d) Offensive attributes: sort by off the ball. Shorlist the world class players you find, unless they are defenders.

You should have a shortlist of (well) over 30 players. When in doubt, shortlist even some borderline cases; even a dream team needs backup players, and your assistant might not be able to buy the top brass. You dont want to risk your team running too low on players. Also check that you have a at least few players shortlisted for each position.

If you notice your team going below 15 players, you need to shortlist more (and/or spend the 100s of millions on the bank on some quality from the shortlist -- I've noticed that the assistants are reluctant to do *expensive* purchases, even when warranted).

9. Go on holiday, and chose to use tactic and only buy players from shortlist.

10. After a few years, repeat step 3, 8 and 9. Go on until tired of silverware.

For those who like it very easy :ok:

Dubinho
10-03-12, 08:42 PM
It might be very easy but very boring to. What's the point of playing the game if you're going to leave it on holiday mode for the majority of it's duration?

AMC
10-03-12, 08:43 PM
Did you already have this copied mate or do you have a link to the old forums?

Patinoz
10-03-12, 08:50 PM
he posted it on the 4th, you could still access the old forums then

AMC
10-03-12, 08:52 PM
he posted it on the 4th, you could still access the old forums then

Cheers mate, thought it had just been posted but it was just Dub's post.

trevorplatt
18-03-12, 12:39 PM
Should point out that The Eejit's research has shown that you only need high stats for Coaching Outfield Players and Coaching Goalkeepers, so I would advise people to go for unemployed coaches with a poor/very poor rating. They are a lot cheeper and do just as good a job. Remeber, the key thing is to have a total of 50 for for each training regime.

syahrosh
25-03-12, 10:06 AM
This guide is so so so...where the button like this?????

Fods
25-03-12, 10:19 AM
here:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGDY2F6z8oC1XOgATjAqmEwht0XQ5G_ eko4zCSAcA3FrufKsC3Zg

foo_jam2002
25-03-12, 08:33 PM
How "go on holiday works? I did it and i was prompted to go back in game after 2-3 days.

ebfatz
25-03-12, 10:29 PM
I think you pressed the button too many times mate!

foo_jam2002
26-03-12, 03:52 PM
You are right, i made it work, thanks! But i will keep on playing every game as a normal coach, this option is useful only for testing tactics. But i wanted to try it out anyway.

Don'tListenToTheHat
11-05-13, 02:24 PM
Should point out that The Eejit's research has shown that you only need high stats for Coaching Outfield Players and Coaching Goalkeepers, so I would advise people to go for unemployed coaches with a poor/very poor rating. They are a lot cheeper and do just as good a job. Remeber, the key thing is to have a total of 50 for for each training regime.

Total of 50? Attributes in total for coaching goalkeeping etc.?

JohnLocke
11-05-13, 05:07 PM
Total of 50? Attributes in total for coaching goalkeeping etc.?

Combined total of 50 for coaching keepers and coaching outfield players.

faz44
26-11-14, 12:51 PM
To bring this up-to-date, in case anybody reads it, these are my thoughts.

Understanding your assistant
For me, this is key to effective holidaying.

Meet Rob Kelly, assistant manager at West Bromwich Albion.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/amancalledmikey/robkelly.png

Red attributes affect his coaching, green attributes affect his scouting, the yellow attributes affect his abilities as an assistant, the purples ones affect his abilities as a manager.

Scouting: Kelly is pretty effective as a scout. He'll spot decent players and won't be a terrible man with a chequebook.
As an assistant: His level of discipline is average so you won't get as many reports of players being late or missing training as you would with a disciplinarian. As has been discussed in the past, fining or warning players for poor behaviour is one of the few ways to affect a number of mental attributes, such as professionalism.
As a manager:

Man management, motivating and tactical knowledge - Nobody knows how much this affects holiday testing for sure. The better computer managers have these in spades so one would think that good man management and motivating keeps players happier and playing at their best. Tactical knowledge will be limited if you are using a selected tactic but I feel that tactical knowledge works in conjunction with...
Preferred style - The only thing an assistant can change tactically is team instructions. So if your tactic doesn't work with different mentalities or passing styles, an incompatible assistant manager can foil your efforts. Lots of the iodine-derived tactics will work with whatever mentality you want but for non-wib-wob/pre-iodine tactics, it can be much more finicky. Preferred style is massively underrated in my view.

As a coach:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/amancalledmikey/matrix.png

Rob Kelly has 11 for coaching goalkeepers and 16 for coaching outfielders. According to the Eejit's training guide, you want your coaches to perform no more than three coaching functions. Right now, West Brom have three coaches and an assistant and these are their numbers.

Name
CGK
COF

Kelly

Ashworth

Downing

Kiely

Therefore, when you extrapolate this across the current coaching schedule, you get the following:

Coach
Fitness
Tactics
Shooting
Skills
Goalkeeping

Kelly

Ashworth

Downing

Kiely

Totals

The key is hiring coaches which allow you to keep the number of programs the coaches work out to be three or, at worst, four whilst staying as close to the program coaching total of 50 as possible. For me, the key number individually is 17. If you can find three coaches with 17 or more for coaching goalkeeping, you have a goalkeeping program. If those coaches have 17 for coaching outfielders and then two more coaches with 17 or more for coaching outfielders, you can cover all bases.

Coach Fitness Tactics Shooting Skills Goalkeeping
Assistant 17 17 17
Coach 1 17 17 17
Coach 2 17 17 17
Coach 3 17 17 17
Coach 4 17 17 17
Totals 51 51 51 51 51

RuiEsteves
29-11-14, 12:36 AM
@faz44: maybe I got it wrong but I thought that the 50 magic number meant that beyond 50, the addition of the coaches' skills (in coaching outfield players, for instance) did not bring any benefit - however it has no negative impact neither? for instance, having a total skills for coaching outfield players of 75 or 50 would produce the same results (it flattens out beyond 50). Is this correct? if yes, then I can't see why restricting to 3 regimes would help in any way - might as well assing each coach to each training regime and make sure you've gone above 50 in coaching gk and outfield players.

BeezerCeltic1967
30-11-14, 11:23 AM
what you really need is a coach/scout etc with 2 important attributes that have an intrinsic vale of 66 each :ok:. now that is what i am talking about :ok:

http://s13.postimg.org/4gvvhey53/scout_66_and_66_best_ever_SCOUT.jpg

can easily be a coach with 66 for both coaching attributes or indeed a 76 for one of his coaching att's

i think having 2 very very strong attributes like this is better, i don't think by changing one down t you can get the other to go higher than 66, just checking it right now.

you can :ok: one of them shot up to 76 with the other going down to 3, which is still very strong [76 is just insane] http://s14.postimg.org/hsw72vr4h/scout_76.jpg

if we go with the same theory that has turned managers into beasts that having just 1 very strong insane attribute is better than 3 or 4 good ones [which i 100% believe is the case] then surely coaches/assistants scouts etc would perfrom better this way as well?

some coaches insane for outfield players
some coaches insane for gk's

some scouts insane for ability
some scouts insane for potential

for assistant managers it is a tough call, who really knows? i would give them the same as managers tho, tactics being their most important attribute - that way if they ever made the step up to be a manager they would be ready.

BeezerCeltic1967
30-11-14, 11:25 AM
To bring this up-to-date, in case anybody reads it, these are my thoughts.

Understanding your assistant
For me, this is key to effective holidaying.

Meet Rob Kelly, assistant manager at West Bromwich Albion.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/amancalledmikey/robkelly.png

Red attributes affect his coaching, green attributes affect his scouting, the yellow attributes affect his abilities as an assistant, the purples ones affect his abilities as a manager.

Scouting: Kelly is pretty effective as a scout. He'll spot decent players and won't be a terrible man with a chequebook.
As an assistant: His level of discipline is average so you won't get as many reports of players being late or missing training as you would with a disciplinarian. As has been discussed in the past, fining or warning players for poor behaviour is one of the few ways to affect a number of mental attributes, such as professionalism.
As a manager:

Man management, motivating and tactical knowledge - Nobody knows how much this affects holiday testing for sure. The better computer managers have these in spades so one would think that good man management and motivating keeps players happier and playing at their best. Tactical knowledge will be limited if you are using a selected tactic but I feel that tactical knowledge works in conjunction with...
Preferred style - The only thing an assistant can change tactically is team instructions. So if your tactic doesn't work with different mentalities or passing styles, an incompatible assistant manager can foil your efforts. Lots of the iodine-derived tactics will work with whatever mentality you want but for non-wib-wob/pre-iodine tactics, it can be much more finicky. Preferred style is massively underrated in my view.

As a coach:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/amancalledmikey/matrix.png

Rob Kelly has 11 for coaching goalkeepers and 16 for coaching outfielders. According to the Eejit's training guide, you want your coaches to perform no more than three coaching functions. Right now, West Brom have three coaches and an assistant and these are their numbers.

Name
CGK
COF

Kelly

Ashworth

Downing

Kiely

Therefore, when you extrapolate this across the current coaching schedule, you get the following:

Coach
Fitness
Tactics
Shooting
Skills
Goalkeeping

Kelly

Ashworth

Downing

Kiely

Totals

The key is hiring coaches which allow you to keep the number of programs the coaches work out to be three or, at worst, four whilst staying as close to the program coaching total of 50 as possible. For me, the key number individually is 17. If you can find three coaches with 17 or more for coaching goalkeeping, you have a goalkeeping program. If those coaches have 17 for coaching outfielders and then two more coaches with 17 or more for coaching outfielders, you can cover all bases.

Coach Fitness Tactics Shooting Skills Goalkeeping
Assistant 17 17 17
Coach 1 17 17 17
Coach 2 17 17 17
Coach 3 17 17 17
Coach 4 17 17 17
Totals 51 51 51 51 51

Not true mate.

man handling and motivating are useless for the best computer managers imo.