PDA

View Full Version : Pro Wrestling 🤼*♂️

Pages : [1] 2

Cafcjgreen
05-03-12, 04:37 PM
Continue the discussion on every ones favorite "Sports entertainment" brand here... :)

Anyway, RAW is on tonight and with Shawn Michaels and The Rock scheduled to be on, it should be a good one.

316'sRegen
06-03-12, 02:48 AM
the month long ad for wrestlemania continues...
I guess I'll watch it anyway :D

I am looking forward to the Hell in a Cell at the main event as it's one of the few matches where you don't know what the outcome will be.
Surely they can't end the streak of the dead man? This will be his legacy after he retires. On the other hand Hunter is one of the guys who books the matches these days so if he wants to increase his already impressive record of ending people's careers inside the cell he may well do so.

I personally don't want to see Taker lose the match but think it would be better if it ended up a double count out, as it's not really plausible that he could still beat Triple H.

Craig Forrest
06-03-12, 04:17 AM
SANTINO!!!!!!!

:D

Cafcjgreen
06-03-12, 03:32 PM
:lol:

Must admit I found myself smiling when he won, couldn't believe it!

Wezza
06-03-12, 03:35 PM
its cool he won it.. hopefully he will have a good run with it.. prolly lead to a WM match

Cafcjgreen
06-03-12, 04:14 PM
I can see Zack Ryder coming back and winning it at some point, or he should feud with Kane and defeat him... WWWYKI.

AMC
06-03-12, 04:58 PM
Don't be surprised if there's a rematch between Santino and Swagger on Smackdown tonight with Swagger retaining, with it all being set up for a Long v Laurenitis showdown at WM (be it 1 on 1 between the two, or a rumoured 4v4 if MITB isn't back at WM, with the winner getting ultimate control over both shows).

No chance the streak ends, makes no sense at this point and especially dropping it to someone already established who doesn't need it, and only has a few years left themselves. HHH has gone on record saying the streak shouldn't be defeated as well. I don't see how having HBK as a special referee works either, unless HBK comes out of retirement (which I highly doubt) there's no point in him screwing either (setting up a future match), so he'll have to play it down the middle like when he was referee for the Iron Man match between HHH and The Rock at Judgement Day 2000.

I'm pretty sure you can't have a count out in HIAC either.

316'sRegen
08-03-12, 11:36 PM
just seen the raw last night after falling asleep for the live show.
I read from trhe shawn bit that he is likely to screw HHH as if he couldn't beat the undertaker he don't want anyone else doing it, the bit where he was upset by HHH being goaded by shawn being "better" was where i took that from, but who knows...

As for the Long/Laryngitis :) thing, yeah there always is a gimp match like that (cole vs JR) (trump vs mcmahon)

Can't wait for Jericho to take the strap from Punk as well, I've always liked Chris Jericho and he is far better as a heel. With the belt he will be ultimate on the mic in his insufferable style :D

Interesting how Cena keeps beating Dwayne in the slandering matches, but I think this just reflects the "PG" direction of the show these days. The Rock would have layed the smack down in the attitude era and everyone knows it.

AMC
09-03-12, 12:33 PM
He still would mate, but the WWE have actually been clever and by having it appear Cena is getting the better of The Rock it's splitting the support, otherwise it'd be nearly all support for The Rock, especially given it's in his home city. Cena doesn't help the build up with his stupid faces all the time, kind of hard to take anything serious when he's doing that. Definitely need to see a few Rock Bottom's and AA's leading up to WM though.

Like I said with HBK, I see no point in him screwing anyone as the only reason to screw someone is to set up a future match with them, and with Shawn retired (and I don't think he'll come out of it) there's no point in doing it.

Mervmeister
09-03-12, 02:47 PM
Wow......people still watch this badly scripted poop? lol
Was massive fan when younger but grew out of it about 10 years ago.

Its once you stop watching t for a few years then stick it on once that you realise just what garbage it is lol.

Mark
09-03-12, 02:50 PM
Couldn't agree more - Was good to watch and follow whilst at school but quickly grew out of it when I left.

Craig Forrest
09-03-12, 05:10 PM
Wow......people still watch this badly scripted poop? lol
Was massive fan when younger but grew out of it about 10 years ago.

Its once you stop watching t for a few years then stick it on once that you realise just what garbage it is lol.

I didn't watch it until my kids got old enough to start following it..... now it's fun to see it through their eyes.... plus tell them stories of the old days :ok:

Besides, it's more fun to watch than half the crap on TV these days anyway.... I watch more now from the technical side of things than actually pay attention to the storylines.... scripted or not, those guy (and girls) are athletes and it takes a high level of skill to do that stuff and not end up dead or paralysed :ok:

316'sRegen
11-03-12, 02:36 AM
"the longest running weekly episodic tv show in history" :lol:

Agree with CF in the technical side of it, there is great skill to what these guys do. 2 Weeks ago in TNA a m ove went wrong and the guy was feared paralysed, they go out there every night having to look after each other during the matches to make sure no-one gets hurt. I've read a couple of autobiographies by wrestlers which were a great read: Bret Hart and Mick Foley and this part of what wrestlers were "good workers" and which weren't was interesting.

As for the storylines, yeah it is a bit silly most of the time but that's kind of the point (I hope :D)
No worse than Eastenders in any case :)

The crowds at the events are mostly adults as well, albeit crazy American ones
You can just picture the son saying to the dad:-
"right calm down, pop you're making us look stupid jumping up and down there screaming your head off with your CM Punk hand wraps on"

Cafcjgreen
13-03-12, 05:20 PM
Did any one watch RAW last night :lol:

The ROCK concert was classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qrMBfbYIiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1Wc-2P-tA

Fods
14-03-12, 11:29 PM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/198935-1/Wrestling-sliding-referee.gif

Fods
14-03-12, 11:37 PM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/195481-1/Wrestling-barrel-roll-fail.gif

Craig Forrest
15-03-12, 04:33 AM
http://youtu.be/rJwepZdtEqU

Barbed wire for ropes, explosions, etc... gotta love Japanese death matches :ok:

ZanSnake
16-03-12, 08:00 PM
I guess the PG ratING OF wwe IS NO MORE LOL :D

Craig Forrest
17-03-12, 04:55 PM
That was in Japan, not WWE :ok:

316'sRegen
18-03-12, 10:34 PM
he talks about that one in his book, the bomb match :eek:

Cafcjgreen
27-03-12, 07:08 PM
The MIZ is going to Wrestlemania :D

Baz
27-03-12, 07:13 PM
The MIZ is going to Wrestlemania :D

Then hopefully he'll SKF Rock to help Cena win :lol:

316'sRegen
29-03-12, 12:59 AM
SPINAROONEEE :lol:

MrFoo
30-03-12, 11:31 PM
Fuck Cena man, The Rock FTW!

AMC
30-03-12, 11:39 PM
Two days to go, so predictions people.

Cena (Want Rock to win, but think Miz will get involved, be it inadvertantly hitting the Rock, or intentionally screwing him, saying he could have won last yr on his own)
Taker (talk now of a possible WM 29 showdon between HHH and HBK so maybe HBK screw job, although I hope that doesn't come off)
Jericho (really not sure on this one)
Sheamus
Team Johnny (expect the appearance of Lord Tensai, or Albert for those familiar with the attitude era)
Big Show (via DQ, so Cody retains the belt)
Orton
Kelly Kelly and Maria whatever her name is (celebs always win)

I think that's all of them.

Reports also suggesting WWE want to announce next years WM main event asap like Cena v Rock was last year. Suggestions are Cena v Rock again (as well as another match at Summerslam, hence completing the trilogy), Punk v Austin which I'd love to see, and the aforementioned HBK v HHH (possibly HHH retirement).

Baz
31-03-12, 11:13 AM
Cena, Taker, Jericho, Sheamus, Team Johnny, Cody, Orton and Team Kelly all to win. So here's my break down.

Cena has to go over Rocky, as there's no way on earth you can have your top guy get pinned at the main event of the biggest show in the year to a guy that'll be gone for another 3/4 months doing another movie. If they have a rematch at Summerslam then yeah have Rock go over but it's bad business sense to have him go over at Mania, plus a potential heel run for Cena could be awesome.

Taker over HHH in the third match they have at Mania! They had to put HBK in just to put that ounce of doubt in peoples minds, but it's kind of obvious HBK will in some way cost HHH the match, either Taker won't stay down and HHH makes HBK snap and bam SCM or HBK will accidentally cost HHH the match.

Jericho over Punk purely because Punks had the title for a while now, and i'm sure Jericho has a guaranteed title run in his short term contract, then add to that the there being face winners in the other main events, you need a heel winner.

Sheamus over Bryan in a match that's had zero build up, and the fact AJ will get involved, so it's a possibility Bryan will retain via DQ so they can settle it at Extreme Rules.

Team Johnny is going over Team Long purely because we need a heel in charge, it's just one of those things. A new GM will get put on SD before long anyway, so the dual control won't last too long.

Cody over Show is pretty simple. WWE want the longest IC reign off the Honky Tonk Man, and Cody is getting there. Show is useless and has a poor record at Mania, and Cody is on the slow burner to a World Title shot.

Orton over Kane because Orton is owed a feud victory after putting over Henry and Barrett, thus killing the masked Kane completely in two feuds, but that's another side note.

Kelly and Maria will win purely because the 'Celebrity' never looses.

As for Mania 29, i'd love it to be announced as Cena vs Taker, as that's all that's left for Taker at Mania, and what better way for the curtain to come down on a career than passing the torch completely to Cena. As much as i'd like that to happen I still believe Taker will quit at 20-0 after this year, even more so with Mrs Taker having a baby. So my second choice would be CM Punk vs Rock, as that would just be amazing, however I believe we'll get for the trillionth time HHH vs HBK, even though HBK should be as good as his word and should stay retired after loosing to Taker.

AMC
01-04-12, 04:14 PM
That's why I said before these rumours of HBK v HHH, I couldn't see him screwing anyone as it can only mean a match and I didn't think he'd come out of retirement. Looks like I could be wrong on that one.

Agree Cody retains, but the way it's been set up, highlighting Big Show's failings at past WM's, a Big Show win via DQ is the only method that satisfies both.

Extreme Rules is in Chicago apparently, so sets it up nicely for Jericho to win tonight and Punk to win it back then.

Lesnar and Batista both in Miami as well apparently :D

Goofy
01-04-12, 04:18 PM
If you smellllllllllalalalalalalala....... what the Rock....... is cookin

Goofy
01-04-12, 04:19 PM
First time in years i'm actually interested in seeing a Wrestlemania......... might have to *ahem* downrent it tomorrow night :D

Baz
01-04-12, 04:22 PM
First time in years i'm actually interested in seeing a Wrestlemania......... might have to *ahem* downrent it tomorrow night :D

Ditto, i've refused to pay for any wrestling for a long time, sky are just ripping us off with the prices they charge. Granted we get it cheaper than America but still :D

As for Lesnar and Batista, any chance of them being April Fools?

AMC
01-04-12, 04:26 PM
Possibly so, but I think Brock is done with UFC, and there's been reports for a couple weeks he's been in talks about coming back. Batista was only rumoured today so that's probably more likely, and I can't see him coming back.

Not a chance I'll be paying out either, won't be watching it live so will try and find it on the net tomorrow night when home from work.

Watching WM 17 now, really shows how bad todays product is :D

Baz
01-04-12, 04:35 PM
They're rumouring Lesnar vs Taker for next years Mania :( Sod that, if Taker can go for one more Mania make it Cena vs Taker, everyone wants to see that!

Goofy
01-04-12, 04:42 PM
When are The Bushwhackers making a comeback? :D

AMC
01-04-12, 04:42 PM
I think one might be dead now mate, although I could be wrong.

Baz
01-04-12, 05:01 PM
I think one might be dead now mate, although I could be wrong.

Nope both Luke and Butch are alive :) very retired though.

AMC
01-04-12, 05:03 PM
Glad to hear, unfortunately nowadays if anyone asks you about a past wrestler, there's a fair chance they are no longer with us.

They're just about to take part in gimmick battle royal on Wrestlemania X7 as well :D

BeezerCeltic1967
01-04-12, 05:06 PM
can't and never have been able to watch this pile of pish.
my mate who is fecking 35 loves it........
i can mind when sky first started showing it, [im sure it was sky?] people would all go to his house to watch it :lol: i much preferred kicking my football about :ok:

Goofy
01-04-12, 05:11 PM
Glad to hear, unfortunately nowadays if anyone asks you about a past wrestler, there's a fair chance they are no longer with us.

They're just about to take part in gimmick battle royal on Wrestlemania X7 as well :D

I remember a Royal Rumble one year where one of the Bushwhackers came in one side of the ring and got thrown straight out the other side :D

Baz
01-04-12, 08:59 PM
I remember a Royal Rumble one year where one of the Bushwhackers came in one side of the ring and got thrown straight out the other side :D

In 4 seconds flat :D Santino beat that record though :lol: Also the Warlord did something similar in one of the first ever rumbles!

Cafcjgreen
01-04-12, 09:33 PM
Just ordered it Wrestlemania :D WWWYKI

316'sRegen
01-04-12, 09:44 PM
www.firstrowsports.eu

that's where i'll be watching it. I love this shit.

316'sRegen
02-04-12, 03:59 AM
he cometh, he layeth the smack down on your candy asses.

what a great show :cool:

Baz
02-04-12, 06:30 AM
Total cluster fuck booking from the WWE. Rock going over only means they'll be having a rematch where Cena wins, it's the only way as you can't have your top man loose to a guy that's going to be gone for the next 3/4 months. Then having your WHC loose in 18 seconds, and having your brightest young star job to a big oaf, what are they doing?

At least Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho semi saved the day.

Cafcjgreen
02-04-12, 11:16 AM
I thought it was a brilliant wrestlemania :ok:... So glad the Rock won :D

MrBuckminster
02-04-12, 01:13 PM
can't and never have been able to watch this pile of pish.
my mate who is fecking 35 loves it........
i can mind when sky first started showing it, [im sure it was sky?] people would all go to his house to watch it :lol: i much preferred kicking my football about :ok:

It's more an appreciation for what they put their bodies through as well as the drama. Everyone loves a comeback and WWE has loads of them.

ZanSnake
04-04-12, 10:55 PM
BROCK IS BACK BITCHES!

WelshRed
04-04-12, 10:58 PM
I watched part of wrestlemania today and wasnt over impressed with it. Taker :D

MrBuckminster
05-04-12, 07:25 PM
Just watched Mania again. Thoughts;

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/944/875/wrestlemania-28_display_image.jpg?1329846134

World Heavyweight Championship match: Daniel Bryan(c) vs. Sheamus
Was actually looking forward to this. Really wanted Bryan to retain because:
(a) AJ is a babe! (b) "YES YES YES
Crappy idea and really thought WM would be terrible if this was a sign of things to come. Couldn't care less about Sheamus.

Kane vs. Orton.
Great chokeslam to finish off the match. Actually a good match and Kane IS underrated. For his size he is a good wrestler with a decent repertoire of moves.

Intercontinental Championship. Cody Rhodes(c) vs. Big Show
Less said about this the better. A punch is not a finisher.

Divas Tag Match. Beth Phoenix & Eve vs. Kelly Kelly vs. Maria Menounos
Aye, ok.

Undertaker vs. Triple H - Hell In A Cell (Shawn Michaels referee).
Awesome to see JR doing analysis. Drama was amazing. Watched this with 3 other wrestling fans and 4 people who had no interest in WWE. Safe to say all 8 of us were on edge of our seats. Gripping stuff, Undertaker is the greatest ever! FACT!

Team Johnny (Otunga, Miz, Henry, Ziggler, Swagger and McIntyre) vs. Team Teddy (Marella, Ryder, Kingston, Khali, Truth and Booker)
Glad Team Jonny won. Ziggler should be WHC and Ryder is an idiot.

WWE Championship: CM Punk(c) vs. Chris Jericho
I think people were still in shock from HHH - Taker. Not a big fan of tap out finishes unless theres more drama involved. (E.G last years taker - HHH) Still a good match overall.

John Cena vs. The Rock.
Dare I say Cena carried The Rock.

Overall: Great crowd, some v good matches and well worth the money.

YES YES YES YES!

And finally, BRROOOOCCCKKK!

ebfatz
05-04-12, 08:05 PM
Only watched youtube highlights so far but the HHH v Taker match looked immense from the highlights.
I could imagine being on the edge of my seat at what would have been about 2:30am trying to stifle my shouts each time someone kicked out!
Haven't watched in WWE for a good while but HHH's streak and The Rock got my interest for this one.

Goofy
05-04-12, 08:11 PM
Glad Team Jonny won. Ziggler should be WHC and Ryder is an idiot.

WOO WOO WOO

Craig Forrest
05-04-12, 08:20 PM
Total cluster fuck booking from the WWE. Rock going over only means they'll be having a rematch where Cena wins, it's the only way as you can't have your top man loose to a guy that's going to be gone for the next 3/4 months. Then having your WHC loose in 18 seconds, and having your brightest young star job to a big oaf, what are they doing?

At least Taker/HHH and Punk/Jericho semi saved the day.

Rumour is that Daniel Bryan is hurt which is why the match was so fast... we'll see how long it takes for him to come back

Craig Forrest
05-04-12, 08:21 PM
BROCK IS BACK BITCHES!

Brock Lesnar is almost as bad as Ultimate Warrior and Goldberg.....

MrBuckminster
05-04-12, 08:37 PM

But he brings interest.

ZanSnake
06-04-12, 02:15 AM
But he brings interest.

Hits the nail on the head, and adds more to the potential continuing Rock/Cena fued, as well as keeping Cena out of the title picture for awhile, another plus, no more superman as champion!

Craig Forrest
06-04-12, 05:09 AM
There is no more Rock/Cena feud.... it's now a Brock/Cena feud.... until Brock gets pissed off at Vince again and leaves.... he hates Vince but I guess he had enough money thrown his way to change his mind

Goofy
06-04-12, 10:17 AM

Bit harsh, Brock at least comes from a wrestling background

MrBuckminster
06-04-12, 11:42 AM
He is a 2 time NCAA american national collegiate wrestling champion so that dispels any theory he can barely wrestle, add endorsements from the ufc and other wrestlers namely Kurt Angle on his ability.

Dermotron
06-04-12, 02:48 PM
Dissing the Warrior :tut:

AMC
06-04-12, 09:46 PM
Forget Brock, Skip Sheffield's back! :D

He is a 2 time NCAA american national collegiate wrestling champion so that dispels any theory he can barely wrestle, add endorsements from the ufc and other wrestlers namely Kurt Angle on his ability.

Sure I read that word for word somewhere else :D

Cafcjgreen
06-04-12, 09:50 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

ZanSnake
06-04-12, 09:59 PM
Poor Mr Perfect Jr, becoming a nobody :(

Gone for GONE!!

Cafcjgreen
06-04-12, 10:00 PM
It's not showing off, if you back it up.

MrBuckminster
07-04-12, 11:19 AM

I might have done a search :slap:

Shameless C&P :(

MrBuckminster
07-04-12, 11:21 AM
Is anyone buying Extreme Rules btw? Apparently it's on PPV. I was under the impression just the big 4 were PPV. Greedy Bassas!

Baz
07-04-12, 11:29 AM

Ryback :lol: Cybernortic division if i'm correct? Not seen SD yet so will have to comment later.

MrBuckminster
07-04-12, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9IukYnRvs

This weeks Smackdown

Baz
07-04-12, 12:00 PM
Is anyone buying Extreme Rules btw? Apparently it's on PPV. I was under the impression just the big 4 were PPV. Greedy Bassas!

I refuse to buy PPV's Sky has enough of my money as it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9IukYnRvs

This weeks Smackdown

Cheers will give it a watch when I get chance.

AMC
07-04-12, 01:05 PM
I think there was only 4 that weren't on box office last year.

Google desirulez and you'll get links and downloads for all PPV's, it's where I watched Wrestlemania the other week.

MrBuckminster
07-04-12, 01:14 PM
I think there was only 4 that weren't on box office last year.

Google desirulez and you'll get links and downloads for all PPV's, it's where I watched Wrestlemania the other week.

Is it steady? I pay 5.99 a month on Streampro.tv which is brilliant for HD Football but a bit dodgy for Wrestling.

AMC
07-04-12, 01:26 PM
Spot on mate, not watched it live mind, bu the streams afterwards are quality and in HD. Have a quick look on there mate, they also have all the shows and the DVD's they've released.

gazzas1uk
14-04-12, 05:29 PM
return of the legends was this past smackdown some true wrestling legends on it :)

316'sRegen
17-04-12, 03:11 AM
Not seen RAW in a week or two, so sitting watching this one.
Are they trying to get a bit more attitude era back in the mix or what?

The Cena Lesnar brawl, with a bloodied lip for Cena looked really out of place compared to the likes of Santino and that Funkasauras pish :D
that we've grown used to seeing every week.

And Punks top rope elbow (chair shot) to finish the match against Mark Henry was like something the New Age Outlaws would have done back in the day.

It's probably just this next main event being Extreme Rules that has them pushing it a bit, but makes a much better show.
Bring back the attitude!

EDIT: Green Mist? Lord Tensai? :facepalm:

Baz
20-04-12, 01:54 PM
Punks elbow to Henry is more a RVD type move, just with an elbow instead of a foot. WWE is slowly but surely getting more edgey again, so hopefully this PG rating is moving upwards again, so it gets more entertaining for the adults, not just the kids.

AMC
20-04-12, 02:01 PM
Brock's interview was awesome and totally non PG! I expect Brock to put Cena out for a few months at Extreme Rules, give Cena a rest and he can do another crap movie. If they play this right they could get a good storyline out of a Laurenitis led faction (similar to the McMahon-Helmsley faction of 2000), only for a rallying face group of Cena, Punk, HHH etc to come back around Survivor Series.

Baz
20-04-12, 03:56 PM
As far as i'm aware Cena isn't set for a movie role, though if anyone deserves some time off to heal and rest it's Cena, love him or hate him, he's one hell of a workhorse. I can't see Lesnar's PPV return result in him losing, so i'm expecting Cena to lay down again, but for this to happen Cena has to be due a couple of massive payoff victories down the line, so perhaps a victory in a rematch with The Rock, and a WM showdown with Taker next year is in the offering. Heck he could even break the streak!

AMC
20-04-12, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't go that far mate! Agreed, even though I don't like him there's no denying the effort he puts in, and a few months off would certainly help him and his character, what better than him coming back to end a Laurenitis reign of terror? He'll definitely have at least one rematch with The Rock I reckon so he should get a win there, as well as obviously overcoming Brock following his return.

316'sRegen
23-04-12, 04:40 PM
I know the thread is called WWE but does anyone watch TNA?

I personally like it a lot better at the minute with the new guys like Austin Aries in the X division and the legends like AJ Styles and Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy putting on a great show every week.

I had said in my last post that WWE was getting more attitude, but TNA def leads the way at the moment in my eyes.

Goofy
25-04-12, 11:52 PM
I know the thread is called WWE but does anyone watch TNA?

Tits n ass? Regularly :tup:

AMC
01-05-12, 08:41 PM
Just watched Extreme Rules, Super Cena strikes again :(

Dolph losing to Brodus, really? :confused:

A Ryback squash on PPV?

And was there any point in bringing Jericho back if Punk was just going to beat him everytime?

I hope Raw's better :D

EDIT: Just seen Cena's talking at the end, wtf was that all about?

316'sRegen
03-05-12, 02:03 AM

I enjoyed the last 2 matches and the Big Show one was a funny ending :lol:
Jericho and Punk fight was great actually, hopefully that rivalry runs for a few more months there's a couple more good matches there if they do.

I can't work out what the talking was about at the end although you said you thought he was taking a break, doesn't look like it after watching RAW though, unless Jonny is gonna have Cena "injured" at the next PPV by Lesnar. HHH got injured as well,

Lesnar probably gonna go round breaking people's arms all the time now, then the whole story will go full circle that Jonny isn't providing a safe working environment, which was why he was there in the first place :ok:

Textbook WWE scripting :lol:

ZanSnake
08-05-12, 06:40 AM
Lesnar's hyped return so magical - what a month for him :P

ZanSnake
24-07-12, 02:31 AM
So the whole 'Rock' coming back to the WWE meant to have a large payday for two matches per year, and a few sporadic appearance to help lighten up the ratings. Ridiculous really, but i guess that is what you expect. Currently watching the three hour RAW 1000, and to be honest this whole storyline with AJ has been shite since day one, and the ending of it is just that!

ZanSnake
07-04-13, 10:33 PM
Anyone watching Wrestlemania tonight?

ebfatz
07-04-13, 11:16 PM
Was thinking about it.
Only for The Rock.
Been watching old vids of him on Youtube.
None of him fighting, just the talk.
He was so smooth.

Just know if I stayed up, it'll be a dull matchup.
So will probably find it somewhere tomorrow.

If anyone finds it, post up a link. :ok:

ZanSnake
08-04-13, 12:05 AM
Here's a stream link to those who wants to watch it:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/179667/2/watch-wwe-wrestlemania-29.html

316'sRegen
08-04-13, 12:38 AM
nice.

let's go Taker n Y2J

They couldn't make Jericho do the job against this prancing ninny "Fandango"

ZanSnake
08-04-13, 01:01 AM
nice.

let's go Taker n Y2J

They couldn't make Jericho do the job against this prancing ninny "Fandango"

WORSE GIMMICK EVER!!

ebfatz
08-04-13, 01:37 AM
I don't watch WWE anymore.
Just saw that Fandango guys entrance with the dancers, turned off the stream and gone to bed. What was that about?!?!

ZanSnake
08-04-13, 07:04 AM
A PISS poor wrestlemania, worse one i have seen for a long while. Predictable and unentertaining, nothing was exceptional good, but the Punk vs Taker match, which was solid and actually entertaining, unlike the rest of the shambles.

5/10

five alone for Taker vs Punk. It felt like a normal RAW show, or shitty PPV, no 'Mania magic or atmosphere.

ebfatz
08-04-13, 08:28 AM
Glad I didnt stay up!

Mark
08-04-13, 09:10 AM
Wrestling is nothing more than a teenage fad and when you grow older, you realise how crap and overrated it actually was.

Baz
08-04-13, 10:18 AM
A PISS poor wrestlemania, worse one i have seen for a long while. Predictable and unentertaining, nothing was exceptional good, but the Punk vs Taker match, which was solid and actually entertaining, unlike the rest of the shambles.

5/10

five alone for Taker vs Punk. It felt like a normal RAW show, or shitty PPV, no 'Mania magic or atmosphere.

Sadly it's what they get for wanting massive outdoor stadiums, the atmosphere sucks compared to the indoor arenas they could use.

Not watched this years WM yet, I have it to watch later so feverishly avoiding the spoilers lol, bar the obvious Taker win i'm oblivious to the rest. (If Rock won i'm gonna riot)

ebfatz
09-04-13, 12:33 AM
Watched it tonight. My observations, no spoilers in case people haven't watched.

1. Triple H should have cut his hair years ago! He looks much better, although he couldn't have looked worse to be fair!
2. How Mick Foley had not been inducted into the Hall of Fame before now is beyond me!
3. How hot did Trish Stratus look?!?! MUCH better than she did back when she was in the WWE.
4. I actually enjoyed the Rock v Cena match. Just the big kid in me. I love the twists and turns like that. Got to agree Taker v CM Punk was the best match up.

316'sRegen
09-04-13, 03:04 AM
the PG style kills it these days. Definitely not a good WM, my opinion is that's because half the wrestlers aren't full time any more.

Taker was good as always but Lesnar, HHH, Rock and WTF is Shawn doing in that match? You retired you dick, GO HOME! :lol:
They should be building the next gen up. Punk vs Orton would have been good, or Zigzag against Cody Rhodes or even Daniel Bryan.

The old guard might draw a crowd but next year if they do a decider between Cena n Rock i'll skip it

Dermotron
09-04-13, 09:30 AM

5/10

+1

The CM Punk Vs. Undertaker match was interesting and more than the usual thing of the Undertaker matches just being him going through the motions.

The magic of a finishing off maneuver is lost these days. Long gone are the days when it was really rare that a wrestler would get up from a Tombstone, a Rock Bottom, a Pedigree etc. but the last 3 matches the other night all had multiples of each finishing off maneuver.

ebfatz
09-04-13, 12:29 PM
The magic of a finishing off maneuver is lost these days. Long gone are the days when it was really rare that a wrestler would get up from a Tombstone, a Rock Bottom, a Pedigree etc. but the last 3 matches the other night all had multiples of each finishing off maneuver.

Hit the nail on the head there. Especially Rock v Cena. They must have each done their finisher about 10 times!

Dermotron
09-04-13, 12:39 PM
Yeah and it got kinda boring.

Without the drama there is nothing to draw anyone over a certain age to it. It's essentially a soap opera for men.

Baz
15-04-13, 09:22 PM
I must be one of the few to find Mania ok, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't brilliant either. Punk/Taker stole the show as to be expected. Lesnar/HHH was brutal whilst Rock/Cena was what it was. The tag match entertained, and Jericho handed a whooping to Fandingle only for him to get an small package for a win was unexpected, and Del Rio/Swagger was a good technical affair.

What I enjoyed best happened after Mania, no it wasn't Ziggler cashing in on Raw, it was Dwayne not playing ball and refusing to hang about to set up his next match with Brock instead he cries off because he got injured whilst needing to film his latest 'blockbuster' he knew the risks :lol:

Fods
25-04-13, 03:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KJ0IGPp.gif

Dermotron
31-03-14, 10:28 AM
Great theme tune to shake ya and wake ya on a Monday

:rockon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36OHZ51o2qo

Redknapp69
31-03-14, 10:05 PM
Think he was one of my favourites when I watched it as a kid!

ebfatz
07-04-14, 06:34 PM
anyone got any links for re runs of Mania 30.

Gotta watch history in the making.

Topofthekop
07-04-14, 06:35 PM
anyone got any links for re runs of Mania 30.

Gotta watch history in the making.

Nope.. Maybe download it?

Dermotron
07-04-14, 06:38 PM
http://hugefiles.net/nwr8bdh236o9

Bevchenko
08-04-14, 12:05 AM
Can't believe Taker lost at Wrestlemania, the end of the world has begun...

Dermotron
08-04-14, 08:29 AM
Cant believe they chose it to be Lesner. He's as likely to miss a year through injury or pack it all in again. Maybe this was part of trying to keep him on (even though his other options are finished now).

Tbh, cant think of who else would be a better choice either. He's quiet young in wrestling terms and everyone else that would be a potential 'streak breaker' either seriously injury prone or too old. Wwe definitely making a legacy for Lesner out of this.

Undertaker should have packed it in last year and protected the streak :nod:

BeezerCeltic1967
08-04-14, 09:14 AM
WWE is for benders...

FACT

BeezerCeltic1967
08-04-14, 09:19 AM
WWE is for benders...
FACT

ebfatz
08-04-14, 03:51 PM
Cheers for the link Derm.

I've watched 20 minutes so far and have successfully relived my youth.
Following on from the Entrance themes from Derm and Red, the first 4 entrance themes to play and possibly 4 of the best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV7N-teR1qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXudyBan4AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurzNROly6s

As they said in commentary, if it wasn't for these three guys, there would probably be no WWE!

And then first match up brings this guy to the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eVsGbd3B8

316'sRegen
08-04-14, 04:33 PM
The streak is broken :cry:

Monday night RAW was quality though, looks like there will be an angle going forward with Evolution reforming and going up against the shield.

The Wyatts blitzing the team of Cena, Sheamus and Big E was fucking awesome as well.

"Reality era" gets the thumbs up so far.

Also I'm gonna check out Legends House if i can find a link. It's a load of old time wrestlers like roddy piper and dusty rhodes in a reality show house like big brother, should be a hoot!

Bevchenko
09-04-14, 12:52 AM
Cant believe they chose it to be Lesner. He's as likely to miss a year through injury or pack it all in again. Maybe this was part of trying to keep him on (even though his other options are finished now).

Tbh, cant think of who else would be a better choice either. He's quiet young in wrestling terms and everyone else that would be a potential 'streak breaker' either seriously injury prone or too old. Wwe definitely making a legacy for Lesner out of this.

Undertaker should have packed it in last year and protected the streak :nod:

Never thought he would lose at Wrestlemania thought he would go to 25-0 and retire. You'd think someone like the "Legend Slayer" Randy Orton would have ended it if anyone.

Bevchenko
09-04-14, 12:52 AM
Cheers for the link Derm.

I've watched 20 minutes so far and have successfully relived my youth.
Following on from the Entrance themes from Derm and Red, the first 4 entrance themes to play and possibly 4 of the best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV7N-teR1qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXudyBan4AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HurzNROly6s

As they said in commentary, if it wasn't for these three guys, there would probably be no WWE!

And then first match up brings this guy to the ring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eVsGbd3B8

No D-Generation X?

Baz
09-04-14, 11:13 AM
THANK YOU WARRIOR!

Less than 24 hours after being on Raw,48 hours of being at WM and 72 hours after being inducted into the hall of fame, Jim Hellwig better known as The Ultimate Warrior collapsed and died.

He was a guy I loved growing up, he was unique, hyper and fun. I'll never forget his matches at WM 6 & 7. Thanks for the memories Warrior. RIP.

Topofthekop
RIP Ultimate Warrior :rip:

mikecoxon
Great theme tune to shake ya and wake ya on a Monday

:rockon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36OHZ51o2qo

Unbelievable that a few days after going into the Hall of Fame and returning to WWE he's passed away, very sad

316'sRegen
09-04-14, 05:53 PM
The warriors beating heart lives on in the stories of the modern day warriors.

So he said on Monday night, I reckon he was sick beforehand and didn't tell anyone because of the way he gave his speech and also because of how he seemed to stuggle to exit the ring afterwards.

edit: Bret Hart comments earlier - http://nodq.com/wwe/399089790.shtml

316'sRegen
11-04-14, 03:38 PM
Showtime Eric Young wins the TNA world title!

Great to se this guy get his turn, they have put some really shite storylines on him over the years but the thing is, no matter how shit his stories were, he always did such a great job and made the audience WANT to see him. A very entertaining guy, who even got his own fishing show on discovery or Nat Geo or one of those networks. I guess the TNA bosses realised that if he's entertaining enough for them then they could take a punt on him carrying the strap.

Anyway now he is back full time to TNA after being part time for the past couple of years and getting his run with the belt.
Great to see and about time the staleness of Magnis was put to the side and that being the most entertaining guy on the roster gets rewarded.

ebfatz
11-04-14, 03:56 PM
The best picture from Wrestlemania!

http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/wrestlemania-undertaker-fan-meme-elite-daily1.jpg

The ref had just counted three and Taker's streak was over!

ZanSnake
01-11-14, 12:47 AM
bump, but still does anyone still watch this?

I know in the UK you can get WWE Network free from Monday till the end of the month for free, so you can watch alot of shit in the coming weeks.

Redknapp69
01-11-14, 01:30 AM
Sorry - but I'm not 12 any more :)

ZanSnake
01-11-14, 02:18 AM
Sorry - but I'm not 12 any more :)

meant for the historical attitude era (started when i was about 6 or even tounger (1999?)), eitherway it is funny to watch some of the shit that WWE comes up wit nowaday, anger management with Daniel Bryan and Kane is funny enough, especially since Kane was meant to the 'next bigh thing' (Glenn Jacobs is a legend in both wrestling and a person - personally said that he would never win another WWE or WH Championship over a young/fan favourite person).

WWF/WCW was my childhood, maybe will accept that deal just for the shows on the memories. :P

faz44
01-11-14, 02:51 AM
I've struggled with wrestling for the last ten years. I was a massive fan of wrestling from the age of 10 until about 23. Just lost the love altogether because it really wasn't what I originally fell in love with. When you see somebody like Triple H dominating the scene, it just summed up that wrestling wasn't any good anymore. For me, he was perfectly described by Jim Cornette as the guy who's in the ring with the guy who's drawing money but will never draw money himself. He runs the show now! Besides, I was always attracted to more "legitimate" styles of wrestling, which led me down the path to Japan, where they treated it much more like a real sport, especially UWF International, which I genuinely believed was a shoot when Sky Sports started showing it as "Bushido: Way of the Warrior". When I was in the UK and had Sky, I watched more than I had for years and through the whole promotion, I found only one wrestler at all compelling and that was Bray Wyatt. They don't seem to go the extra mile to get a guy over any more or book him in a sensical fashion to keep them over so it's just all a pile of poop in all.

Baz
01-11-14, 12:29 PM
bump, but still does anyone still watch this?

I know in the UK you can get WWE Network free from Monday till the end of the month for free, so you can watch alot of shit in the coming weeks.

I'm tempted to try it as it's free but only to see what it's like and what's available :D

ebfatz
01-11-14, 03:27 PM
I watched Hell in a Cell this week.

I think it's all the random Randy Orton RKO videos that made me do it. :lol:

Interestingly, Bray Wyatt returned in the main event!!

Wezza
02-11-14, 04:13 PM
I'm tempted to try it as it's free but only to see what it's like and what's available :D

im tempted to as its free, but how do u get it?

eddieC
24-11-14, 09:39 PM
OK, what did everyone make of Survivor Series then?

eddieC
24-11-14, 09:40 PM
I've struggled with wrestling for the last ten years. I was a massive fan of wrestling from the age of 10 until about 23. Just lost the love altogether because it really wasn't what I originally fell in love with. When you see somebody like Triple H dominating the scene, it just summed up that wrestling wasn't any good anymore. For me, he was perfectly described by Jim Cornette as the guy who's in the ring with the guy who's drawing money but will never draw money himself. He runs the show now! Besides, I was always attracted to more "legitimate" styles of wrestling, which led me down the path to Japan, where they treated it much more like a real sport, especially UWF International, which I genuinely believed was a shoot when Sky Sports started showing it as "Bushido: Way of the Warrior". When I was in the UK and had Sky, I watched more than I had for years and through the whole promotion, I found only one wrestler at all compelling and that was Bray Wyatt. They don't seem to go the extra mile to get a guy over any more or book him in a sensical fashion to keep them over so it's just all a pile of poop in all.

This describes almost exactly my thoughts...

faz44
24-11-14, 11:23 PM
My friend recently got back into wrestling and he said it was NXT that drew him back in. Simple wrestling show with simple wrestling angles and a bunch of green but hungry guys who want to put on a show.

troza
25-11-14, 10:08 AM
I will say that WWE has had some good moments in the last years. I started to watch in 04 (end of 04 when we got WWE on Sic Radical) and I read the reports of the shows and watch some (WM almost always). There were a couple of years that I missed but got back as Extreme Warfare Revenge always makes me want to see it again. I liked the angle of Punk vs Heyman, the 434 day championship, the raise of Daniel Bryan, the Shield stuff (including the heel turn of Seth), Lesnar vs Cena at Summerslam, etc etc... But we must admit that WWE seems to be afraid that someone actually becomes more popular than John Cena... That has destroyed so many good wrestlers careers, mainly when they need something to be, at least, one hit wonders and WWE doesn't allow them to have that...

faz44
25-11-14, 12:07 PM
I can't stand CM Punk. Not a star, not a money draw but once again he's treated like one. He was even given fantastic ring music and the best ever Wrestlemania entrance, bastard. Daniel Bryan I somewhat get but Punk never did it for me, even when he was in the indies.

To them, Cena's the bankable commodity. You know what you're going to get, he shifts merchandise and sells tickets and, ultimately, they're very risk-averse. Vince McMahon only does something different when he's desperate. Bret Hart got the world title in '92 because they were out of options, he only got it a second time because of the failure of Hulk Hogan's fourth title reign and Lex Luger's "Lex Express" push. When WCW took several of his stars, he had to push guys WCW didn't know what to do with and some rookies, which is why Steve Austin, Mankind and the Rock were big stars by the late-90's and it made Vince a billionaire.

I look at the Ultimate Warrior. He wasn't very good but he was over and his rambling, strange promos were very dramatic. He won the IC title in 30 seconds, had a really good feud with Rick Rude and then was fed Andre the Giant to get him ready to take the WWF title. When he got it, he was put in with the Heenan Family (who he'd feuded with for over year and who had nobody near the WWF title) and the Million Dollar Man, who had slipped down the card by that point. He was the third wheel in a feud between Demolition and Legion of Doom. They blamed him for dwindling ticket sales and went back to Hulk Hogan, when it was the promotion's fault.

The classic thing they do is put the belt on you because the fans are more sold on you then they are. At the first sign of trouble and then they rip it off you and put it on whomever they have more faith in, which is probably Cena or Randy Orton at the moment. Something similar happened to Eddie Guerrero. Eddie was very over where there was either a more sophisticated audience (such as Chicago) or where there are large numbers of Mexicans and/or other Hispanics (California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas). So they put the then-Smackdown belt on him, put him in with a non-over repackaged Bradshaw with a Million Dollar Man gimmick and sent him on a loop through the mid-Atlantic, culminating in losing the title to Bradshaw at the Great American Bash in Norfolk, Virginia where they weren't even the main event. And then they do random shit like stick the title on CM Punk for over a year. Putting my distaste for him aside, they put the belt on him for a year after messing him around for six months, killing the initial heat of him getting the title. It's all very nonsensical.

ZanSnake
25-11-14, 04:16 PM
What's ya guys thoughts on Sting actually (and finally) making appearance on WWE?

Baz
25-11-14, 04:19 PM
What's ya guys thoughts on Sting actually (and finally) making appearance on WWE?

10 years too late if i'm honest as the big matches he could have had are now worth little. However it was still a mark out moment, even with knowing he was going to turn up at somepoint. I think we'll get one or two matches out of him then he's into the HOF.

faz44
25-11-14, 09:42 PM
Isn't this the last active American wrestler who was a really big star in another American promotion to debut in WWE? If so, it's the end of an era. Otherwise, I agree with Baz. He's got six months of life in him, which takes them up to Wrestlemania and (maybe) Backlash.

ZanSnake
25-11-14, 11:14 PM
I could see him facing Triple H and Mania with a HoF induction alongside it. Something like Winner goes into HoF or retire or something.

troza
26-11-14, 06:02 PM
I can't stand CM Punk. Not a star, not a money draw but once again he's treated like one. He was even given fantastic ring music and the best ever Wrestlemania entrance, bastard. Daniel Bryan I somewhat get but Punk never did it for me, even when he was in the indies.

To them, Cena's the bankable commodity. You know what you're going to get, he shifts merchandise and sells tickets and, ultimately, they're very risk-averse. Vince McMahon only does something different when he's desperate. Bret Hart got the world title in '92 because they were out of options, he only got it a second time because of the failure of Hulk Hogan's fourth title reign and Lex Luger's "Lex Express" push. When WCW took several of his stars, he had to push guys WCW didn't know what to do with and some rookies, which is why Steve Austin, Mankind and the Rock were big stars by the late-90's and it made Vince a billionaire.

I look at the Ultimate Warrior. He wasn't very good but he was over and his rambling, strange promos were very dramatic. He won the IC title in 30 seconds, had a really good feud with Rick Rude and then was fed Andre the Giant to get him ready to take the WWF title. When he got it, he was put in with the Heenan Family (who he'd feuded with for over year and who had nobody near the WWF title) and the Million Dollar Man, who had slipped down the card by that point. He was the third wheel in a feud between Demolition and Legion of Doom. They blamed him for dwindling ticket sales and went back to Hulk Hogan, when it was the promotion's fault.

The classic thing they do is put the belt on you because the fans are more sold on you then they are. At the first sign of trouble and then they rip it off you and put it on whomever they have more faith in, which is probably Cena or Randy Orton at the moment. Something similar happened to Eddie Guerrero. Eddie was very over where there was either a more sophisticated audience (such as Chicago) or where there are large numbers of Mexicans and/or other Hispanics (California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas). So they put the then-Smackdown belt on him, put him in with a non-over repackaged Bradshaw with a Million Dollar Man gimmick and sent him on a loop through the mid-Atlantic, culminating in losing the title to Bradshaw at the Great American Bash in Norfolk, Virginia where they weren't even the main event. And then they do random shit like stick the title on CM Punk for over a year. Putting my distaste for him aside, they put the belt on him for a year after messing him around for six months, killing the initial heat of him getting the title. It's all very nonsensical.

I didn't know that about the Ultimate Warrior. Agreed on the last part about CM Punk... that was exactly what they did (that feud with Nash/HHH was just stupid and did nothing to him but kill his momentum) and I've heard that Eddie himself pushed for him to loose the title (besides all the other things, I guess that he thought that it was his fault). And let's not talk about getting Heyman out of Smackdown when the show was doing better than RAW in 2003...

But that sums it all... McMahon only does some kind of things when he is pushed... the D-Bryan title match at Mania only happened cause he couldn't afford WM to end like Royal Rumble... Then it is Cena and Orton and Big Show and whatever.

About Sting: I say that he has 1 or 2 matches: vs HHH... the second one will depend on the will of his opponent: Undertaker. I guess that he went off with a defeat is the way he wanted but Sting wouldn't end his WWE carreer before jobing to his counter part (one never left WWE once he got there, the other only now joined WWE). But with the way things are being, I don't want to see that feud. The match will never be a top match either for Sting or Taker... and if they do what they did with the build up of Taker and Lesnar, I don't want to see that. If they decide to do something big for WM, a retirement match between the two but with crazy angles and both of them looking like they are on the top of their game, I would be happy... but I doubt.

Baz
26-11-14, 07:00 PM
Isn't this the last active American wrestler who was a really big star in another American promotion to debut in WWE? If so, it's the end of an era. Otherwise, I agree with Baz. He's got six months of life in him, which takes them up to Wrestlemania and (maybe) Backlash.

I'd imagine at best they'll get Royal Rumble and WM out of him, depending on two factors, how Taker is feeling and how long could they hold off Sting/HHH.

eddieC
27-11-14, 06:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHdf1rrAFBc

Brilliant and much anticipated CM PUNK finally TELLING ALL about his departure...

I believe every word of it, you just cant make this shit up!

faz44
27-11-14, 11:53 PM
I like how he basically confirmed everything I said about the way they work. He talks about buying into the pressure of being the champion, which is why, as troza correctly said, Eddie Guerrero asked them to take the belt of him. What scares me most about WWE is that back in the day, Vince and Pat Patterson literally had a book, which had booking plans for the year. Scott Hall recalled in one of his interviews since he got clean that he was told months in advance they'd have him lose to the Kid, turn him face and he'd go over Ted Dibiase at SummerSlam. They don't have that now and it's a dereliction of duty in my view. In saying that, he's still the same arrogant, self-congratulatory know-it-all I've never been able to stand. However, if he wasn't like that, I doubt we'd have got such an in-depth interview.

eddieC
28-11-14, 12:14 AM
Well, I like him BECAUSE he is like that, I know he's arrogant n all.... fuck it, so am I on occasion too, but also like punk, self deprecating , like when he said he tweeted "hey everybody, watch Smackdown, I shit my pants!", so he cant be all that full of himself...

Plus, if you appreciate the life he had and by the sounds of it, he also had a real piece of shit family to deal with who he had to slap with restraining orders before.... It's no wonder that he's someone who's been hard to deal with and a massive chip on his shoulder, he has bloody good reasons for being so, in my opinion.

Because he had no family to help him, love him in the way a family should, support him and make him feel like a worthwhile person, then OF COURSE he was gonna end a bit arrogant, who else was gonna build up his self esteem, but HIMSELF???!

The guy has done extremely well, he was an awesome wrestler and away from the media personality, I bet he's a really great guy...

I wish him nothing but success in life, and WWE will miss this man.... I'm already bored shitless with the product at the moment, despite a decent Survivor Series PPV

faz44
28-11-14, 01:53 AM
I don't have cable or satellite right now so I can't see anything but my friend said the post-Survivor Raw is absolutely horrendous. It's like they took everything they built up and flushed it down the toilet in about five minutes.

One thing that struck me was that the period before he quit was the longest period I had watched the product for in some time and Punk looked very unwell. He looked strung out, constantly tired and on edge. Frankly, he looked an absolute shadow of the guy who wrestled two years previously. So when he said he had a severe staph infection and a doctor said he was lucky to be alive, it puts that whole period into perspective. He looked flat, he was flat, he just wasn't the "best in the world" and now it all makes sense why. In the entertainment industry, they just use you up, you're a product. Whether you're a pop band, an actor or even a pro wrestler. In fact, especially if you're a pro wrestler. Good luck to the guy, he stood up to them, he got what he was owed and now has exposed them for the fucking pigs that they are.

troza
28-11-14, 12:38 PM
If everything he said is true, then we all get the confirmation that they won't push anyone but Cena... If CM Punk was selling more t-shirts while he was a face, why one earth wasn't he never on the main event?

And HHH is really someone... I rarely liked his matches and he did bury Punk and, we can guess, lots of other superstars... after all, that reputation is not unjustified :P He can go to hell... he and his boring matches and promos (I still don't know why Shawn was ok with just being HHH's weak link in lattest DX run).

Oh well... that's why I only watch what I want from WWE. I keep in touch with what is happening and I see what I like or what it feels like it is going to be good (I rarely watch something without knowing the results cause it is hard and only WM and Summerslam can make me curious enough to watch it before reading if it is going to be any good).

eddieC
28-11-14, 04:37 PM
One thing that struck me was that the period before he quit was the longest period I had watched the product for in some time.....he got what he was owed and now has exposed them for the fucking pigs that they are.

1 - The fact that you watch it for that long, when Punk was active, says alot! He was awesome!

2 - Ive been reading the comments and message boards all over the Internet, from what I'm hearing, there is gonna be a massive shit storm as a result of what Punk has said.... and i can't fucking wait!!!

Thinking about it now, it totally brings into context, Vince going on Steve Austin's Podcast... This is totally calculated on Vince's behalf. He must have known Punk was gonna expose him for all this shit ahead of time, I'm just glad Punk did his first!!!

I'm fucking done with Vince now, I'm just glad I don't fucking pay for his product on his stupid fucking WWE NETWORK.... I'm finding some different company to watch... I'm done with WWE

I don't have cable or satellite right now so I can't see anything but my friend said the post-Survivor Raw is absolutely horrendous. It's like they took everything they built up and flushed it down the toilet in about five minutes.

Well, I can confirm, it was absolute shite! and can also confirm, the last wwe show I will ever watch...

eddieC
28-11-14, 04:44 PM
If everything he said is true, then we all get the confirmation that they won't push anyone but Cena... If CM Punk was selling more t-shirts while he was a face, why one earth wasn't he never on the main event?

And HHH is really someone... I rarely liked his matches and he did bury Punk and, we can guess, lots of other superstars... after all, that reputation is not unjustified :P He can go to hell... he and his boring matches and promos (I still don't know why Shawn was ok with just being HHH's weak link in lattest DX run).

Oh well... that's why I only watch what I want from WWE. I keep in touch with what is happening and I see what I like or what it feels like it is going to be good (I rarely watch something without knowing the results cause it is hard and only WM and Summerslam can make me curious enough to watch it before reading if it is going to be any good).

Yeah HHH, will get lots of real heat from this, and .... again, what a fucking coincidence that he disappears from TV, just before Punk's Podcast came out, maybe it is just coincidence, but I also wouldn't be surprised in the least if it WAS because he knew he was getting exposed by Punk.... GOOD, fuck VINCE and HHH, firing a man on his wedding day, letting a wrestler compete when he was in a horrid state of health, they really just don't give a shit do they, what horrible people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forsee, "CM PUNK" chants galore at the next RAW event, especially when RYBACK appears! good, dumb ass!

troza
28-11-14, 05:15 PM
Yeah HHH, will get lots of real heat from this, and .... again, what a fucking coincidence that he disappears from TV, just before Punk's Podcast came out, maybe it is just coincidence, but I also wouldn't be surprised in the least if it WAS because he knew he was getting exposed by Punk.... GOOD, fuck VINCE and HHH, firing a man on his wedding day, letting a wrestler compete when he was in a horrid state of health, they really just don't give a shit do they, what horrible people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forsee, "CM PUNK" chants galore at the next RAW event, especially when RYBACK appears! good, dumb ass!

Ok, HHH getting out of TV with this won't be good... with that Heat, he wouldn't have to try hard to get a heel reaction even in the lamest crowds... :P

Let's wait and see what happens in the future but I can see some stuff happening: lots of wrestlers saying that is not true just cause they have a contract with the WWE...

eddieC
28-11-14, 05:32 PM
Ok, HHH getting out of TV with this won't be good... with that Heat, he wouldn't have to try hard to get a heel reaction even in the lamest crowds... :P

Let's wait and see what happens in the future but I can see some stuff happening: lots of wrestlers saying that is not true just cause they have a contract with the WWE...

and you just know, that WILL happen.... the same old Vince giving his media friendly soundbites spouting the same old shtick.... "Our medical Policies are of a high standard and we care about our superstars.... blah blah blah..."

whatever..... I'm done... I will watch the next RAW only because I wanna see the live shit storm they're in for... then I'm done and I'm gonna start watching ROH instead

troza
28-11-14, 05:40 PM
Lol. I still need to watch survivor series' main event... and Hell in a cell between Ambrose and Rollins... :P

And I'll watch RAW when they actually do something to get my attention... or I'll watch my own RAWs on Extreme Warfare Revenge :P

eddieC
28-11-14, 05:43 PM
Lol. I still need to watch survivor series' main event... and Hell in a cell between Ambrose and Rollins... :P

And I'll watch RAW when they actually do something to get my attention... or I'll watch my own RAWs on Extreme Warfare Revenge :P

Whats that??

troza
28-11-14, 05:54 PM
It is much simpler game (freeware) than CM but I would say that's the CM of wrestling as you run your promotion and decide the feuds and so one. It is from 2002 but you can get data updates pretty easily.

There's also another freeware game: Total Extreme Wrestling 2005. It was made by the same guy but to make the game better, it started to be paid. You need to get a "real data" from somewhere as the original game doesn't have any real wrestling.

If you like those, you can always pay for the latter version (TEW 2013, if I'm not mistaken).

And to keep on topic... after this CM Punk talk, I have a feeling that the next one will be Rey Mysterio for the same reasons...

ZanSnake
28-11-14, 05:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxHRJnZsinQ

Interview/podcast they are talking about ;)

eddieC
28-11-14, 06:00 PM
.....And to keep on topic... after this CM Punk talk, I have a feeling that the next one will be Rey Mysterio for the same reasons...

I still don't really know the who, what, where, when, why and how of what really happened there... the same with Alberto del Rio.... I know there there some sort of racist accusations flying around... but not sure who was involved really..

shed any light?

faz44
01-12-14, 09:09 PM
The Alberto del Rio WrestleTalk interview on Youtube somewhere. He and Sin Cara suggest there was anti-Latino racism towards them which manifested itself culture of racist jokes and "humerous" racist comments. Del Rio was initially suspended for hitting somebody who made a racist comment, can't remember who, but was subsequently fired. del Rio also said the pay there is fucking dreadful nowadays and all but the top stars (or these occasional wrestlers like Undertaker and the Rock) have their pay kept down, way below what they're actually worth to the company.

Just looking at that, was Alberto del Rio worth the alleged $675,000 per year downside anymore? There were a lot of contracts signed when they had better licensing deals (they took a percentage cut to convince 2K Games to pick up their license after THQ folded), they were bringing in more money at the gate and on PPV and when some of these guys were actually hot. They've always been very good at fleecing the fans they have but if you look at the wrestling business as a whole across a long enough timeline, even over just the last 15 years, it's on a downward spiral and if the McMahons were quite so good businessmen and if the fans weren't quite so loyal, would there even be a US wrestling business? Is it that nobody likes wrestling, that the major promotions suck quite so much or a combination of both?

Essentially, we have to remember that back in good/bad* (delete as applicable) days of the NWA, the promoters had a rule of thumb, which is that you should keep the pay of your wrestlers down to approximately 10% of your takings. Vince still cut his promotional teeth in that sort of era. If his company's income is going down, then surely guaranteed contracts have to go?

troza
02-12-14, 11:47 AM
http://stillrealtous.com/vince-mcmahon-steve-austin-talk-cm-punk-savage-hof-cesaro-not/

So, it is true that Punk was "fired" in his wedding day. I guess that, for what I've read, I will say that Punk did tell the truth but talked about some stuff that he shouldn't have talked about (just speculation but I think that McMahon said that about the steroid stuff about Ryback, the health situation and what was said in their meeting).

Also... it was Vince idea to terminate the streak.

faz44
02-12-14, 09:12 PM
I love the idea that Austin was impossible to deal with. What would it take to turn a guy like Steve Austin, everybody's friend and an all-round good egg, into such a monster that you just couldn't deal with him? Oh right, it was a toxic working environment and disingenuous management.

Baz
02-12-14, 09:44 PM
I love the idea that Austin was impossible to deal with. What would it take to turn a guy like Steve Austin, everybody's friend and an all-round good egg, into such a monster that you just couldn't deal with him? Oh right, it was a toxic working environment and disingenuous management.

Vince so played half of that in character too. One thing is for sure Austin wouldn't be as big as he was today without Vince, and vise versa.

faz44
08-12-14, 09:17 AM
On camera, I don't disagree. However, backstage, Austin became a loner because he felt he couldn't trust anyone. It's lonely at the top, that's for sure, and nobody was ever more valuable to a company in a single year than Steve Austin. By the time they wanted him to be squashed by Brock Lesnar in a King of the Ring qualifier, he just walked out because he felt like nobody listened.

ZanSnake
08-12-14, 04:01 PM
On camera, I don't disagree. However, backstage, Austin became a loner because he felt he couldn't trust anyone. It's lonely at the top, that's for sure, and nobody was ever more valuable to a company in a single year than Steve Austin. By the time they wanted him to be squashed by Brock Lesnar in a King of the Ring qualifier, he just walked out because he felt like nobody listened.

I have heard that he became a 'bitch' to deal with, especially with the creative staff. He wanted it one way, something that wouldn't tarnish the character, and that wasn't what was being given to him atm. He walked out, and i think he even admitted that it was a decision he regretted.

I think the Stone Cold persona has real-life elements of himself tbh, which isn't all that bad at certain times but unfortunately caused unwanted and unneeded tension. I think he said he wanted to have more shares from the Austin memoriblia being sold to - but can't remember the specifics off the bat :tea:

Craig Forrest
09-12-14, 03:41 PM
I'm fucking done with Vince now, I'm just glad I don't fucking pay for his product on his stupid fucking WWE NETWORK.... I'm finding some different company to watch... I'm done with WWE

I was done with Vince in 1997 when he fucked over Bret Hart in Montreal...... that showed me the kind of classy guy he is..... haven't been surprised at anything he has said or done since then....

Baz
09-12-14, 09:29 PM
Not watched any in-ring action since SS, that's going to chance with NXT this week :lol: have to build some enthusiasm to check out TLC too.

troza
10-12-14, 10:50 AM
Not watched any in-ring action since SS, that's going to chance with NXT this week :lol: have to build some enthusiasm to check out TLC too.

I still need to see the main event of HIAC and two matches of survivor series: the tag with Miz and Mizdow and the main event... and I guess that I have the last NXT special to watch too... and I'll want to check the Wyatt vs Ambrose at TLC, the new NXT special... and I have some matches to watch for almost 10 years... Punk vs Joe 1, 2 and 3... lol. Those are in my external disk in the folder "to watch" (That is really called "Nova Pasta (2)" - Nova pasta is new folder in english) since forever...

faz44
14-12-14, 11:52 PM
I have heard that he became a 'bitch' to deal with, especially with the creative staff. He wanted it one way, something that wouldn't tarnish the character, and that wasn't what was being given to him atm. He walked out, and i think he even admitted that it was a decision he regretted.

I think the Stone Cold persona has real-life elements of himself tbh, which isn't all that bad at certain times but unfortunately caused unwanted and unneeded tension. I think he said he wanted to have more shares from the Austin memoriblia being sold to - but can't remember the specifics off the bat :tea:

I call bullshit on a lot of what has been said. Vince is full of it, always has been and always will be. They said they could never "Goldberg push" somebody in WWE and then went and did something similar with Brock. You don't take your biggest star and job him out when it means nothing. Austin's regret isn't not doing the job, it's about just walking out rather than trying to resolve things. They had dozens of guys they could have done something with and they either fuck it up or they don't push them for bullshit reasons.

eddieC
18-01-15, 02:16 PM
Right, who's got some predictions for Royal Rumble 2015???

Baz
18-01-15, 02:38 PM
Reigns or Bryan to win the Rumble Match, Lesnar or Rollins walks out as Champion err other than that what can I predict lol.

faz44
18-01-15, 06:57 PM
My prediction is that people will moan about it either way. Can't see it being Daniel Bryan though.

ZanSnake
18-01-15, 07:26 PM
Sting to make a tremendous effort though :P

Baz
18-01-15, 10:40 PM
My prediction is that people will moan about it either way. Can't see it being Daniel Bryan though.

I'll only moan if Reigns romps the Rumble. He's nowhere near ready to main event WM yet.

troza
19-01-15, 12:05 PM
I would say that Daniel Bryan is still their main face... he can carry a match and stuff... Roman Reigns as the top face won't be pretty but I can still see that.

And I see no reason to have anyone with the title at WM but Brock Lesnar. If it doesn't have it by then, what was the the point of ending Taker's streak? Unless it is to build a face...

And you can always make the face win against Lesnar and keep a feud vs Heyman... I guess that they are teasing Rollins as the next Heyman guy...

ebfatz
21-01-15, 08:44 PM
Reigns, Bryan or Wyatt to win the Rumble imo.
Lesser to drop the title at Mania.
Rollins still has Money in the Bank as a back up.

Baz
21-01-15, 08:48 PM
Watched reunion, my god has much weight has Waltman aka XPac put on? Also Damien Sandow best thing on TV at the moment :lol:

faz44
21-01-15, 10:34 PM
Can they trim Bryan's hair and facial hair already? I know he's working this "dirty man challenge" look but it's just distracting. And whatever happens, they can't continue with Lesnar as champ, it's killing things and people hate it. Obviously that means Lesnar will carry the belt going into Wrestlemania because Vince McMahon listens to his audience.

Baz
22-01-15, 04:01 PM
Can they trim Bryan's hair and facial hair already? I know he's working this "dirty man challenge" look but it's just distracting. And whatever happens, they can't continue with Lesnar as champ, it's killing things and people hate it. Obviously that means Lesnar will carry the belt going into Wrestlemania because Vince McMahon listens to his audience.

The only thing going against Lesnar holding to WM is if he decides he's not going to sign a new deal post WM. If he is back off to UFC or wanting to do something else and holds the belt until WM the crowd will shit on it worse than the shit on Lesnar/Goldberg at WM20. Given there isn't much left for Lesnar to do, in terms of who he faces in WWE I can honestly see him dropping on Sunday unless he has agreed to stay on of course, then he'll drop to Reigns (No matter how much that shouldn't happen) and then hopefully move on to matches with Orton and Bryan during this year.

Dermotron
22-01-15, 04:24 PM
Surely the RKO memes are having a huge impact on Ortons stock in WWE?

ebfatz
22-01-15, 05:30 PM
You would think they should be ramping him up off the back of those but he was out for a while filming a movie. Depending where you read, he may or may not be back for the Rumble.

Baz
22-01-15, 05:37 PM
Surely the RKO memes are having a huge impact on Ortons stock in WWE?

Unlikely as he's been a big name for years anyway. He'll always be about the main even scene having decent feuds.

You would think they should be ramping him up off the back of those but he was out for a while filming a movie. Depending where you read, he may or may not be back for the Rumble.

It's the start of the WM season from Sunday and with them wanting the big names there he'll be about for the Rumble is some capacity.

ebfatz
26-01-15, 12:15 AM
Not staying up for it so hit me up with some sites to watch it on.

:ok:

And no spoilers!!

eddieC
26-01-15, 04:34 PM
Well that was an interesting Rumble, to say the least

I do a Video Podcast about WWE events with a friend of mine

We've done a video review on Royal Rumble 2015

I will post a link here when it is up

But this is the link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadonDave/videos

This Rumble was atrocious!!

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT VINCE!!!!

Baz
26-01-15, 05:48 PM
All i'm going to say is the only match worth any kind of payment is the Triple Threat. Probably the worst Rumble i've ever watched and i've seen them all.

eddieC
26-01-15, 08:30 PM
All i'm going to say is the only match worth any kind of payment is the Triple Threat. Probably the worst Rumble i've ever watched and i've seen them all.

That match was, in my opinion, the best WWE Title match in Rumble History... what an epic match

It should've gone on last.....

It's like they just repeated what they did last.... I'd almost find it funny, if I wasn't so pissed off!

Here's a link to My Rumble review and breakdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZbBqeTdWw

trunky
27-01-15, 12:23 AM
RAW is cancelled tonight due to bad weather.

ebfatz
27-01-15, 12:39 AM
That title match was worth watching. Otherwise I would have just wasted a couple of hours of my life!

ZanSnake
27-01-15, 01:32 AM
Only thing i have heard about is Bubba Ray coming back :P

EDIT: Just read! Three tag matches and a triple threat? WTF! Lazy or what :lol:

Here's a link to My Rumble review and breakdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvZbBqeTdWw

That really you?

If you you lair! Your name is Dave not Ed!

eddieC
27-01-15, 02:46 AM
Only thing i have heard about is Bubba Ray coming back :P

EDIT: Just read! Three tag matches and a triple threat? WTF! Lazy or what :lol:

That really you?

If you you lair! Your name is Dave not Ed!

LOL, I'm the skinny English one obvs

eddieC
27-01-15, 02:47 AM
RAW is cancelled tonight due to bad weather.

They're almost airing replay matches from the rumble instead.....

Oh, so many people are gonna cancel their subscription to wwe network! ha

Baz
27-01-15, 07:47 PM
Good Raw that.....got to rewatch the main bits of the Rumble..again. Wonder if Smackdown will be any better. Also doing Rusev vs Cena for Fast Lane surely means they won't rematch at WM?

faz44
27-01-15, 10:23 PM
Lesnar has turned my opinion around on him inside a week. The thing is, Lesnar's contract is up and there's little will from either side to renew it. He's on too much money and too light a schedule to make it worthwhile. So that means, at Wrestlemania your new WWE Champion is Roman Reigns.

Whilst he was in the Shield and not saying very much, I thought he was the guy who had the "star" look. Of the three now as singles, he's the weakest. The best, Ambrose, has been repeatedly jobbed for the last six months. He's still over and if Ambrose had gone over in his feud with Bray Wyatt and then won the Rumble, who would shit on that? Nobody.

Baz
27-01-15, 10:59 PM
Rollins has been the stand out of the three though. Reigns has just been left behind. Despite having Vince behind him big time, he's nowhere near the level they need him to be out for this kind of push. The only saving grace I could see with Reigns/Lensar is that Rollins cashes in after the inevitable Reigns win to take the title, that will make the crowd happy.

eddieC
29-01-15, 12:55 AM
Rollins has been the stand out of the three though. Reigns has just been left behind. Despite having Vince behind him big time, he's nowhere near the level they need him to be out for this kind of push. The only saving grace I could see with Reigns/Lensar is that Rollins cashes in after the inevitable Reigns win to take the title, that will make the crowd happy.

I think that'll be the case too

troza
30-01-15, 03:05 PM
I've been reading things and the problem is that they buried all the top faces in the rumble.

I'm ok with Roman Reigns... at least he has the look of someone being able to beat Lesnar.

And they have a plan B... not Daniel Bryan this time but the money in the bank. If Roman Reigns fails, they can always end up with Lesnar barelly winning and stuff like that but... I guess that we can see Heyman turn on Lesnar and help Rollins to end the night as WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Let's face it... the MITB was never cashed on WM...

ebfatz
30-03-15, 10:18 PM
Anyone watch Mania yet?

The predictions in the posts above are certainly interesting from 3 months before the event.

troza
31-03-15, 05:51 PM
Yup! Watched and I said that Rollins could end up with the title but I never imagined that he would cash in the middle of a match!

By the way, my take on the WM:

First of all, I must admit that the expectations were low... the build up wasn't good, the results would be predictable (they were indeed) in all but one or two matches. I didn't watch it all but let's go.

So... pre-show: didn't watch cause I had 3 hours to watch a 6 hour pre-show + show... But here is a little of what I've watched.

1 - Tag team match: The right result, Natalya was hot (and my wife noticed that she wasn't wearing underwear). I didn't see the match.

2 - The Battle royal... I lost my interest when KENTA was eliminated by Big Show. I wasn't watching everything but, at that point, I lost the will to watch it without knowing the end... so... fast forward, Mizdow just eliminated the Miz and Big Show won... and no one cares about that. Last year was so much better (in terms of the winning and the WM moment.... not that the Mizdow dumping the Miz isn't good but Cesaro doing that to the Big Show was just amazing).

The show:

1 - IC Ladder Match: It was fun but I've seen better ladder matches. Insane bump by Ambrose in the ladder but nothing more than that. The ending was nice with Zigler and Daniel Bryan doing that and I think that the right guy got the title. It was a great to start WM.

2 - Rollins vs Orton: didn't care that much but what a finish!

3 - HHH vs Sting: Sting's entrance was great... HHH entrance was... stupid. And both entrances lost a lot cause they starting and it was still day. Amazing how it just makes everything look a bit pale... The match started well but then, although it wasn't a bad thing to watch (DX and NWO), I must admit... it was stupid. The story was Sting stopping HHH from doing whatever he wanted in WWE and now we have WCW vs WWE? Why? And Hall and Nash going against HHH? Wtf? Really, really bad... And HHH won in the end... it actually makes sense if the story told was the right one... but, at least, they could have made NWO go against Sting... and Hulk Hogan going down with a punch by Road Dog? Really? And HHH is with the authority... why not Kane and Big Show instead?

Short version: loved the start, hated the match since the first run in but I actually agree with the victor, even if I don't like the fact that Sting came back just to job to HHH like every other WCW star did...

4 - Laddies tag match: I want to see it (cause they can actually wrestle if they are given time) but didn't want to see that much so... I don't even know what to say cause I haven't been following their story.

5 - US Title: Cena vs Rusev: Great entrance by Rusev but we all knew that Cena would win. And this is what is bad with WWE. If Rusev won, we would have a heel monster that would start to be on the level of Lesnar and Reigns... but I know that USA winning vs Russia is what made sense. At least this was the story all along unlike the WCW vs WWE. Now the US Title and the IC Title are with people that matter.

6 - The Rock and Ronda with HHH and Stephanie... it was good but took too much time... but it is amazing how the Rock can get a lot of reactions by doing nothing and just soaking up the chants. Rock vs HHH in the next year... Rock will have to win for the people to end the authority angle but here is a match that it won't be that interesting (at least for me).

7 - Taker vs Wyatt: Daylight yet? These guys need to enter in the right with a dark sky and lots of lights... their entrance was good but it would have been some much better in a darker environment. The match wasn't that bad and it wasn't that good. The start was amazing but then they seemed both tired too soon... no major impact moves to justify so much damage when they started to have a hard time to get up and so... Wyatt winning would be the normal result but I guess that Taker still has something in his tank to justify him winning. The segment when they both get up was amazing. And Taker looked a lot better this year (the hair helps). And it really looked like that Taker wasn't/isn't the same man anymore. He sold it like a pro. That was amazing.

8 - WWE Title match: Lesnar vs Reigns - Just wow! Someone did mess up with Reigns popularity and people are enjoying Brock Lesnar a lot. The match was amazing with Lesnar giving a super beating, the Reigns come back was superb... And the cash in... That was the only way Lesnar could loose the title... and it was perfect. Everyone looked super strong (Reings was going down on the forth F5! He survived 3!). I loved the main event and Lesnar is just so good and he really gives the match another feeling. Amazing.

Still... people are saying that it was great. I think that it was a good WM but not that much better than last year's. No surprise moment like Taker loosing and no feel good moment like Daniel Bryan winning. But at least had some more impredictability.

And Rollins cashing in... It was the only thing that wasn't done with the Money in the Bank... But I didn't believe that it would happen! And Roman Reigns finally had that match that showed that he can be everything that the WWE hopes for. They just need him to find the right way to use him.

EDIT: #SuplexCityBitch!

ebfatz
31-03-15, 06:42 PM
Can't disagree with much of that!

Only watched from the intercontinental match.

The Ladder match was ok. The Bryan/Ziggler headbutts on the top of the ladder ruined it though. So unbelievable. They would both be out cold!

Enjoyed Rolling v Orton. And as you say, great finish. And the announce team got to say "RKO! OUTTA NOWHERE!" lol:

HHH's entrance was well. I don't know.
Best bit about it was hearing the NWO theme music once again!
The worst bit was knowing that all 9 involved were having a love in the night before at the Hall of Fame induction and all hugging each other!

Cena was always gonna win the US title. Can't believe they made it all about the submissions because Cena's is rubbish!

Rock and Ronda segment as you say could have been so much better if it was so much shorter. Dragged on far too long. But boy does Rock hold a crowd!

Taker v Wyatt. Completely ruined as they came out on their entrances in daylight. Completely.
Taker gave everyone all his old moves. Old Skool, Snake Eyes etc.
Did look tired after a very short while.

Lesnar dominated Reigns. They made a big thing about him bleeding and with Reigns laughing off the onslaught.
Then Rollins came in to steal it. Was worth waiting for.

troza
31-03-15, 11:05 PM
Yup. That main event was awesome! That is true! :)

troza
13-05-15, 02:22 PM
Just to complain about the new injury of Daniel Bryan... that's what happens when you take too long to push someone to the top... Let's see if those guys at NXT that aren't that young will be able to avoid these situations.

And I don't get why are they getting 3 shield members in a title match with Orton with no build up. The 3 guys facing each other for the title should be one of the biggest triple-threat ever... now this without a proper build up... I don't get it. It can still be interesting. I can only see Rollins keeping the title with the pin on Ambrose this sunday.

Craig Forrest
13-05-15, 04:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man still around?

:D

troza
13-05-15, 04:48 PM
According to wikipedia, he is still alive :P

Craig Forrest
14-05-15, 04:54 AM
Ya he was at an independent show about 20 minutes from here about 6 months ago :ok:

evesham
14-05-15, 08:56 AM
classic match honky tonk v the warrior for intercontental champ lol

Taribowestsleftfoot
14-05-15, 09:16 AM
WWF is king and here are the rules:

As a kid? It's the best thing you've ever seen, even when week in week out it's the champion Hulk Hogan defending against ....... wait for it ....... Steve Brookes (5'10" and 95 pounds)! In the main event on Saturday nights main event LOL As a kid you will also have NOTHING said against how real it is either. I still haven't recovered from when Warrior beat Hogan! I was like NOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo!

Then you grow up and find booze and women and bin that fake wrestling shit.

Then the attitude era hits, The Rock and Austin rule the roost and its the best thing ever again .... especially when you are watching the 2am repeat of smackdown after getting in shteaming with your housemate. Sure, you now accept is fake as fuck but it's brutal and you do see some injuries too.

Then you stop watching again and come back to check in, see this PG era crap, the champ is 3784628374628743 time champ John '5 moves' Cena and it's SHITE!

Well that's my memories of WWF (fuck that WWE shit)

Liam
14-05-15, 09:45 AM
I am more than happy to see the more recent NXT rookies that have made the jump to Raw/Smackdown being given better opportunities and exposure than previous ones. Thrusting Neville (Why drop the first name?) and Sami Zayn straight into the limelight is what they deserve, even the same with Kalisto. I just don't want them to make the same mistake as people like Adam Rose & Emma who's characters just do not fit into the shows WWE provides them.

I for one, am more excited for NXT Takeover than whatever crap PPV is coming up next. I don't like the monthly PPV schedule, should stick it to every two months with Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, King of the Ring, Summerslam, Survivor Series and probably a Money in the Bank thrown in for entertainment value, as most of them have their own unique matches.

evesham
14-05-15, 10:38 AM
Then you stop watching again and come back to check in, see this PG era crap, the champ is 3784628374628743 time champ John '5 moves' Cena and it's SHITE!

Totally agree mate, this new breed of "Superstars" are so boring, i would not open the curtains to watch RKO v Roman Reigns if they were fighting in my back yard.
Only time i watch WWF anymore is when the great one or rattlesnake return...UFC is the bomb now :)

Liam
14-05-15, 10:50 AM
The reason it is so "shite and boring" nowadays is because now Vince McMahon has beaten his opposition, there is nothing left. You can vouch for TNA or ROH but none of them will have the global brand that WWE has. They made a great move from a business standpoint. Moving from an era of violence and x rated content (The era I also grew up, the attitude era) in which they were aiming at a particular type of audience, the audience that watched ECW & WCW, they have made the brand accessible and understandable to viewers of all ages. Whilst us 18-30's will always prefer the old WWF, the move had to be made as to get those viewing figures higher.

Now, they appeal to everybody. Adults and Children alike. It's also the reason we won't see a Cena heel turn anytime soon. He is making WWE too much money in terms of commercial with all his merchandise, with the high majority obviously being for children.

It has gone from just entertainment to an entertainment business, and to keep themselves afloat that is a move that had to be made. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't have WWE anymore whatsoever.

Craig Forrest
14-05-15, 11:29 AM
And this is why I love Japanese and Mexican wrestling... it's as awesome as WWE should be

troza
14-05-15, 11:31 AM
I can relate to that. I started to watch by the end of 2004 (when it was on Sic Radical here in Portugal... I was 18 at that time) but I watched a lot of the old stuff.

The thing is... WWE has had some really good stuff since I started to watch. I've seem some great moments (JBL heel as WWE champion, the rise of Cena and Batista - I didn't like the follow up of Cena, Money in the Bank, Edge vs Foley at WM22, Roayl Rumble 2007 - if I'm not mistaken -,Taker vs Batista at WM23, HBK vs Ric Flair at WM24, Taker vs HBK at WM25, CM Punk vs Cena 1 - all matches were great but the story going into this and after this was just great... too bad they made CM Punk return in no time at all -, Summerslam 2013, Daniel Bryan at WMXXX, The Shield, #SuplexCity) but they aren't that much when compared to the bad moments and bad storylines.

As far as NXT... I love the specials cause they can give us the story and the match actually follows that story and we have access to different guys... although it is great that WWE has a face that is on top for so long... although they don't use him that well (but I'm liking the new US Title challenge, I will hate if Rusev looses 3 matches in a row just cause).

Craig Forrest
14-05-15, 02:48 PM
Best match I ever saw was Sabu vs Terry Funk in a Japanese death match with barbed wire for ring ropes..... that was some crazy shit right there.... it's on youtube :)

Taribowestsleftfoot
14-05-15, 03:26 PM
One of the best bits was when (I think it was) Kurt Angle was trying to suplex Shane O'mac through a plate glass window and it just would not break and Angle just kept suplexing him against it till it did! I miss Shane O'mac, great character and quite the daredevil seeing as he really didn't need to be (coast to coast? elbow of the top of the Titantron anyone?).

I always use the following clip to show what the WWF was at it's height:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju737tq7cc8

Obviously, I'm a huge Rock fan but that era you can pretty much replace that clip with any heel/baby face feud. That was when feuds were run right, for months if not years. I hate it these days when there is a 4 hour RAW and during it there has been 2 feuds between 2 people and by the end they are teaming up as allies LOL, it's CRAP!

ebfatz
14-05-15, 06:39 PM
#donttalkaboutchrisbenoit

Taribowestsleftfoot
14-05-15, 08:46 PM
I don't give a rats about Benoit, never liked him before he was a homicidal maniac. #fuckhim

Craig Forrest
14-05-15, 09:09 PM
Chris Benoit was a pretty decent technical wrestler... no real persona or presence though

too bad he went nuts and killed his wife and kid and himself :(

Eddie Guerrero was a favourite of mine though :D

Craig Forrest
14-05-15, 09:11 PM
nothing beats Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in a Cell though...... then again, I'll watch just about any match with Mick Foley :ok:

troza
14-05-15, 10:11 PM
He still was on one of the best main events at WM and he was the start in the first (and best) Money in the Bank.

Craig Forrest
14-05-15, 11:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDvnsukyHjs

troza
15-05-15, 06:47 AM
That one I saw :) Crazy stuff :)

Craig Forrest
15-05-15, 03:57 PM
Sabu is insane..... just insane.....

Mark
10-11-15, 12:24 PM
http://www.skysports.com/wwe/news/14203/10062621/watch-wayne-rooney-slaps-wwe-superstar-king-barrett

colml
25-01-16, 01:01 PM
Nice to see AJ Styles has joined the WWE, but I think they've missed out on the prime of his career. My favourite wrestler growing up.

troza
25-01-16, 01:37 PM
Well... if they work well, it will be ok. We don't need everyone out there for 10 or more years.

But they need to do it carefully... he can be a major star but I hope that it doesn't happen the same as Daniel Bryan or worse (injury before the big moment).

The Brock vs Wyatt feud is something that... aren't they wasting Lesnar? He was super hot with that beast thing and looking like one... let's see what happens. I don't feel that Lesnar should lose but Wyatt need a big win...

ebfatz
25-01-16, 08:03 PM
Well I am extremely suprised by that Rumble result ..................................

NOT!

trunky
26-01-16, 07:58 PM
I thought it was a good Rumble, the bookings were just about right. Last night's RAW was the usual fair as well apart from AJ v Y2J which was poor. I know they call the match during it but I don't want to see them talking constantly. The Rock, in 20 minutes, showed up every wrestler on their books. Quite why they haven't found anyone similar to him is weird.

Bryan will return soon. He's not far away from being medically cleared.

Baz
27-01-16, 06:05 PM
Rumble was pretty good agree with that. I got goosebumps with AJ's entrance but i'm a sucker for rumble surprises haha. Thoroughly enjoyed the Last Man Standing standing match too. The other matches were a bit meh.

As for Raw yeah it was samey wasn't it? AJ/Jericho was ok but it seemed to go a bit slow, perhaps they're holding both back for a future PPV match? As for Dwayne, he's a once in a lifetime, however if Cena was allowed free reign with the kind of audacity Dwayne get's he'd be close.

colml
08-02-16, 07:47 PM
Daniel Bryan retires due to injury then. Pity.

Baz
08-02-16, 07:52 PM
Daniel Bryan retires due to injury then. Pity.

Has that been confirmed then? I know he's going to be on Raw tonight, I just pray it's for a WM match.

colml
08-02-16, 08:00 PM
You could be right, he said on twitter he's retiring, maybe they're trying to boost viewers.

ebfatz
08-02-16, 08:55 PM
Seems pretty conclusive looking at the tweet.

But there is always a twist when it comes to WWE so who knows.

troza
10-02-16, 09:55 AM
Well, let's face it... it is the best although we all would love to see a last match of him at WM... that would have been just great!

trunky
10-02-16, 01:27 PM
Pity he has gone but with all those concussions something had to give. Nice to see that the WWE did it properly, in his home town, with a 30 minute send off.

He had some great moments and the YES movement was a fantastic spectacle to watch.

ebfatz
05-04-16, 12:27 PM
Big cojones on Shane McMahon.
Especially as he missed!!

http://i.imgur.com/cj14D18.gif

gazzas1uk
05-04-16, 12:29 PM
It may be fake but damn that had to hurt

ebfatz
05-04-16, 12:58 PM
You can see why he missed though.

If he had hit Taker at that speed from that height, he would have broken him in half!!!

Jesus
05-04-16, 01:01 PM
Can't fake a 20 foot fall/jump! That sort of thing is what WWE has been missing for a long time. Bring back the days of The Hardy Boys vs. The Duddly Brothers.

ebfatz
05-04-16, 09:42 PM
Bring back the days of The Hardy Boys vs. The Duddly Brothers.

Amen to that!

PG era has ruined it.
There was a 'Street Fight' at this Wrestlemania. It was so watered down, there wasn't even any blood. Fake or otherwise!!

troza
06-04-16, 10:53 AM
Well... I don't think that it has to do with being PG or not.

Look... we've had some pretty crazy moments in the WWE in the last year with great matches going along (Daniel Bryan at WM30, CM Punk vs Cena... all of them, but the one at MITB2011 was the best), Taker vs Michaels and even most of Lesnar stuff since his return.

On the other hand... that jump from Shane was crazy but the match was horrible... too slow, the story was meh and they didn't even build up the stop correctly (since when did Taker show such resistance to being pinned that he had to do that? Since when did shane do anything but some punches?). So, it doesn't have to do with the PG stuff but with the stories, although I have an issue with some matches being there when you can't use the violence that make the match much better (like Hell in a Cell... I hate that we get some of those just cause every year... it has to be a good rivalry, it has to be brutal... they are ruining the reputation of the match when they do nothing like that).

With that said, here are my thoughts on WM:

Best match: the Women's Championship Match. Just amazing. Great great match. The story was simple (fighting for the title) and I must admit that I was upset with the crowd treatment of the match until Charlotte's moonsault... they were having a great match but the crowd was treating that like a regular divas match and it wasn't. I must admit that I haven't been following what is happening on RAW every week. I even liked the heel finish. I don't have a problem with that... WM with every face winning (but one or 2 at best) is what happens every year... I liked the heel win in here :P I would love for them to build a proper match for Sasha to finally win... can they do it? Right now I doubt it.

Surprise of the night (and even moment of the night): Zach Ryder. C'mon... who was expecting? But I bet that everyone was secretly rooting for him. And we all knew that Shane would do something crazy.

I also enjoyed Jericho vs AJ Styles, the entrance of New Day (the match was kind of the regular WWE stuff).

About what I didn't like that much... I had big expectations for Lesnar vs Ambrose and I was curious about Taker vs Shane. About the first one: too short and they missed a chance to make Ambrose a hero. I admit that I liked the story that was being told in the match (the crazy Dean Ambrose taking everything) but I would love to see Lesnar giving him the beating of a life time but not being able to pin him. Then I would end the match with a crazy spot or Dean Ambrose passing out in a submission move... but I would make Ambrose survive 2 or 3 normal F5, the f5 into the chairs and some more stuff... I wouldn't make him attack much more than he did but that's life. That would make Ambrose super over but WWE clearly doesn't want that.

About Taker vs Shane: the match was too slow. And the story wasn't well told... I would make Taker give a beating at the start but Shane getting back using some weapons... those man needed to survive a lot... but I would be happy just to see Shane getting some crazy offense and Taker always surviving to make that crazy (and amazing) jump feel justified.

Taker didn't do a thing to Vince McMahon... I guess that this is already building up to his final match vs Cena next year. He will loose but have a feel good moment when he finally hit Vince with a tombstone... if it won't go like this, I would have loved to see Vince out there with Taker also taking him out.

And the main event? Lol. Cena vs HHH at WM22 was similar but had a good reaction... I didn't care, I couldn't care and the crowd didn't care enough so I didn't watch that. The battle royal was also something that I didn't look forward to and I didn't watch closely.

trunky
06-04-16, 07:55 PM
The ladder match was quite good, they took some proper hits. I liked Y2J v AJ. A good solid match from too very good wrestlers. Evenly matched. Taker v Shane was slow probably due to the limitations of both men being old and nearly past it. Was still quite good and the leap was great. Lesnar/ Ambrose was ok. Lesnar has no credible story any more, unless he fights for the title again, but that seems to have passed him by for now. Rock/ Cena..pointless and another waste of Brays talents. Stone Cold still got the biggest pop of the night...

As for the final match...meh...hitting Steph with a spear was the best bit. HHH was his usual self, trying to drag a very wooden opponent up a few levels so he could at least have a decent match. It's why him having the title is a bit weird, there's not many on the roster who could live with HHH in the ring.

Not watched RAW yet, that's for tomorrow when I get up, but the one after Mania is usually one of the years best.

Jesus
09-04-16, 02:15 PM
Don't watch much WWE now but I saw this recently and it is so good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQe-ZrYdTYw

troza
10-04-16, 04:45 PM
Yup, such an awesome entrance right into humiliation by the rock :P

Dermotron
12-04-16, 01:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPfYPDlB1s

Baz
12-04-16, 05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REdhEwW9ssY

Best thing in WWE at the moment.

jrendon86
12-04-16, 07:39 PM
Yupp, absoiutely... Also, the Vaudevillains debuting, and yesterday, it was Gallows & Anderson day against the Usos... They even used Magic Killer... Awesome...

troza
12-04-16, 10:02 PM
Pretty fun those guys :)

316'sRegen
25-05-16, 01:14 PM
Welcome back Seth Rollins.

"Business is about to pick up" :D

Nurishi
25-05-16, 02:41 PM
I don't watch wrestling anymore, because of the bad, insulting quality of the product.

But I grew up on wrestling and whenever I feel nostalgic, I give these guys a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/thelapsedfan

Best wrestling podcast by a mile, maybe some of you will enjoy :ok:

316'sRegen
27-05-16, 10:00 AM
There is to be a brand split again, coming up in the next month or so.

Once that happens there will be separate rosters for RAW and Smackdown.

Hopefully this means that the likes of Samoa Joe and Austin Aries will get to be on one of the main rosters, looking forward to seeing them on the big stage and I was surprised they had to go through the NXT process.
It may be that WWE just wanted proven stars to work with their up and coming talent but it seemed ridiculous to me, I would equate it to Robben signing for Wolves :D

Anyway with two separate rosters the shows may actually be better, and there are still a couple of main eventers to return (Cena/Orton) so things are looking up for WWE.

troza
27-05-16, 01:44 PM
I like the idea... let's see if they can make it. The product needs to become better anyway :P

ebfatz
27-05-16, 02:00 PM
Austin Aries was always good in TNA.

Although it wasn't that hard to do that there.

ZanSnake
29-05-16, 01:09 AM
There is to be a brand split again, coming up in the next month or so.

Once that happens there will be separate rosters for RAW and Smackdown.

Hopefully this means that the likes of Samoa Joe and Austin Aries will get to be on one of the main rosters, looking forward to seeing them on the big stage and I was surprised they had to go through the NXT process.
It may be that WWE just wanted proven stars to work with their up and coming talent but it seemed ridiculous to me, I would equate it to Robben signing for Wolves :D

Anyway with two separate rosters the shows may actually be better, and there are still a couple of main eventers to return (Cena/Orton) so things are looking up for WWE.

It was more due to a lower working schedule in comparison to WWE. I think they also help train the younger wrestlers too?

Baz
29-05-16, 09:51 AM
The old TNA guys going to NXT was originally to one help WWE repackage them to a certain extent and two to boost the name power on NXT as they're a touring brand now, it's an added bonus they are experienced heads to bring on the new guys.

As for the draft it's brilliant news, though I wouldn't expect NXT to be hit too badly. The roster is large enough as it is, it should give guys on the fringes more important roles going forward. Plus it gives WWE the chance to use Crusierweights again, which is what I hope they are looking to do going forward.

316'sRegen
29-05-16, 09:46 PM
Yeah I can't wait to see aries, he's quality.

I find it interesting how the TNA ones have been allowed to keep their name, Aries, Joe and AJ. In the past they would have been fully repackaged and the history of their career pretty much ignored.

Baz
29-05-16, 10:02 PM
Yeah I can't wait to see aries, he's quality.

I find it interesting how the TNA ones have been allowed to keep their name, Aries, Joe and AJ. In the past they would have been fully repackaged and the history of their career pretty much ignored.

I'd imagine it's for the touring purposes, let them keep their name if they have the rights to it as the name they've already grown will bring in the viewers.

ebfatz
30-05-16, 09:26 PM
You couldn't change AJ Styles name. He is known worldwide after wrestling a loads of promotions.

316'sRegen
30-05-16, 10:53 PM
Oh aye guys, I'm not for changing the names, but Mr McMahon has been strongly that way in the past.
I reckon maybe Triple H has a lot more influence and say these days than in the past.

AJ under another name would have been a bad idea, same with Samoa Joe or A Double.

It's refreshing to see the WWE accept that there are stars outside of the "UNIVERSE" :lol:
that wrestling fans like perhaps better than the guys that were already in WWE

troza
31-05-16, 01:23 PM
When WWE wants to expand the roster, that's the easiest way to go... use names that people already know and you won't need to make them popular again.

troza
15-07-16, 09:02 AM
One question... who saw final deletion? :P