PDA

View Full Version : Tip - Buying / Selling Players

godfreemorals
08-07-14, 09:42 AM
So, I've been trying to buy Juan Roman Riquelme for over a year gametime but Boca just aren't selling.

Bids up to and including 20mil +bonuses.

Time passes...

Club X bid a 'middling' amount, around 15mil, and are immediately accepted. I've only recently bought Aimar, so don't feel like TWO similar players.

This is not the first time something very similar has happened in multiple games (I can remember this from many old games).

Is the only way around this to have a massive short list of players and match bids when other managers make them?

merkezekrem
08-07-14, 11:54 AM
Yep

Kingsley
08-07-14, 12:53 PM
If you want the player badly, don't match the bid, but go a bit higher and the other one will be cancelled.

dryrain
14-11-14, 06:38 PM
There are some players valued at small amounts say 2 million I bid and they end up wanting 12-15 which i will pay then the board cancels the bid. I normally keep an eye on them if they are young then try and get them at end of contract or when unprotected. It can be strange though because sometimes they will then suddenly sign a new contarct with a sell clause and its at a good price so you can then buy them.

AtomicAnt
14-11-14, 10:21 PM
There are some players valued at small amounts say 2 million I bid and they end up wanting 12-15 which i will pay then the board cancels the bid.

I often keep on bidding, if the player gets unhappy because he's not allowed to move the club will sometimes let him go for far less after a while.

scott2hotty
13-03-15, 03:10 PM
Hi Guys

the problem is ive played many seasons now with many millions in the bank and all of a sudden club says we do not have funds available to buy players but yet i have over 500 million in bank any idea?

1369phil
13-03-15, 09:24 PM
Once you get over a certain number the game cannot recognise the value as a positive one - something to do with codes and integers that I don't pretend to understand. Use lots of your money and more should become available

Goofy
13-03-15, 10:01 PM
Once you get over a certain number the game cannot recognise the value as a positive one - something to do with codes and integers that I don't pretend to understand. Use lots of your money and more should become available

Thats only when it hits 2.x billion, not millions. OP - chances are your chairman's just a wanker :lol:

ptrichardson
15-06-15, 10:53 PM
Is there any art to this?

In cm03/04 there was a hidden stat that told you what price a club would accept for a player - but not in 01/02.
Is there a way to determine this?

It gets a bit tedious slowly increasing bids time after time.

Fods
16-06-15, 01:05 AM
never heard of this mate, unless there is something in a save game editor as to a players hidden value, cant recall ever seeing this though!

Thats all the fun though int it, bidding, rejected. Increase bid, rejected. Finally accepted bid, agreed terms. Board cancels as unrealistic...

ptrichardson
17-06-15, 10:49 PM
Why would this be?

A player is listed as interested, but "has no interest" after I have an offer accepted.

Strange?

AtomicAnt
17-06-15, 11:54 PM
Some of these can be won over if you offer them a lot of money.

Fods
18-06-15, 01:50 AM
What Squad Status are you offering?

Sometimes you get a * showing what they want/expect but some you dont, now if you choose the wrong one then of course they wont accept.

ptrichardson
18-06-15, 10:05 PM
Offering first team, suppose I could try indispensable

I know you can still sign players who claim no interest, as they come for the money - but I don't recall seeing this happen when they show as "interested" on the shortlist - and not just a blip, he's been interested for months

Fods
19-06-15, 03:06 AM
It happens regular with me and you really need to offer a shit load more money for them to come over. Works most of the time.

Nickcm0102
26-01-16, 01:32 PM
Hi
I am having trouble signing the players I want because the value of the target players is too low relative to the amount the selling club agrees to sell for. My board vetoes the signings because they 'think the offer is unrealistic'. Any non-cheating way of getting the values pushed up? Or should I just be patient?

Cheers

Nickcm0102
26-01-16, 02:09 PM
I often keep on bidding, if the player gets unhappy because he's not allowed to move the club will sometimes let him go for far less after a while.

I have that issue atm. All of my transfer targets are interested and frustrated because they can't move to me. I wonder how long I'll have to wait before their clubs allow them to go for less.

uffi69
01-04-16, 12:06 PM
Hi all, I would know if there is any tip to sell better my transfer listed's players. When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids) and the others teams come to me with their bids I don't know how many money I have to request them in order to let my negotiations be accepted by them. I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the right price isn't random but it follows game's engine rules and maybe the gurus of this forum (like Tapani, John Locke and the others) that made great patches and know the game's engine very well khow how to set everytime the right price or very close to it. Many thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and very sorry if my question is stupid!:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Topofthekop
01-04-16, 02:53 PM
Hi all, I would know if there is any tip to sell better my transfer listed's players. When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids) and the others teams come to me with their bids I don't know how many money I have to request them in order to let my negotiations be accepted by them. I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the right price isn't random but it follows game's engine rules and maybe the gurus of this forum (like Tapani, John Locke and the others) that made great patches and know the game's engine very well khow how to set everytime the right price or very close to it. Many thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english and very sorry if my question is stupid!:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Just keep lowering the price till you see an interested party then wait for a bid

Nurishi
01-04-16, 03:00 PM

Here's what I do:

I list the unwanted player at a price of 0. When a bet comes in, I negotiate the offer in proposing an exchange-deal for their most valuable player plus 25% of the next sale.
More often than not, they will come back with astronomic offers, and the sell-on clause further guarantees future income :ok:

uffi69
01-04-16, 05:28 PM
Just keep lowering the price till you see an interested party then wait for a bid

I'm sorry but it is the same thing that I already do and I wrote it here "When I put my unwanted players on transfer list (very often with the tip of setting them with a very low price in order to receive more bids)" or I'm wrong?

And my "problem" isn't receive bids from other teams but receive as many money as I can get by selling a player that I put on the transfer list

uffi69
01-04-16, 05:32 PM
Here's what I do:

I list the unwanted player at a price of 0. When a bet comes in, I negotiate the offer in proposing an exchange-deal for their most valuable player plus 25% of the next sale.
More often than not, they will come back with astronomic offers, and the sell-on clause further guarantees future income :ok:

thanks a lot for your suggest :happy::happy:

MVP
20-06-16, 07:29 PM
Bump - any tips on getting around your board cancelling transfers because they think it's unrealistic? Betis are in the Spanish Second Division and want 17mil for their 22 year old player worth 3.4mil. I am happy to pay because I've got 60mil in the bank and he looks like he will be a cracking Attacking Midfielder for many years to come.

Coys
20-06-16, 07:34 PM
Try and pay less upfront and the rest in installments?

Worked for me a few times.

AMC
20-06-16, 07:53 PM
Yeah try 10-12m up front another 6-8m split between either so many league games or international caps, eg 12m up front, 3m after 50 league games and another 3m after 10/20 international caps.

Fods
20-06-16, 11:47 PM
If that doesn't work try unsettling the player, repeat bids every few days, also make bid public is a good one to rile a player into wanting to move.

Otherwise keep tabs on him, set a note for a months time and check his status, just make sure if you use the patch that you dont have "hide public bids" selected as you wont be notified if someone else bids on him and could lose him.

I liken it to having a crush on a girl, never give up stalking her until she eventually gives in :noidea:

AMC
20-06-16, 11:51 PM
Or the police call round :lol:

danejstrup
04-08-16, 02:52 PM
Hi,

What might be the best thing to do in order to try and as often as possible avoid the situation where you bid for a player who is also approached by other clubs, and then eventually it turns out that the player chooses one of the other clubs instead of your club? And yes, I only bid on players who are actually interested in joining my club, so the player would almost certainly have come to my club if he had not recieved another offer that he preferred.

Examples: In a Sunderland game, I bid on Georghe Craioveanu (old player from some Spanish club), and he eventually preferred an offer from Danish club Brondby (how crazy is that). Also, I made an offer for transfer free striker Kiko, but he also preferred some club that was certainly no bigger than Sunderland, some average German club I think.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid such situations? I assume that a certain additonal amount offered in wages and/or sign on fee might do the trick? If so, how much extra should be enough?

drown
04-08-16, 03:12 PM
Squad status offered during negotiations may be more important than you think. In my recent game managing Wrexham in div 3, I remember getting a relatively young player(22 or 23) on a free ahead of 6-7 clubs who were in higher divisions because I offered him terms as an indispensable player.

danejstrup
04-08-16, 03:19 PM
I already thought of this I think. Both the mentioned players (Craioveanu and Kiko) were offerede contracts with status as indespensible for my team, but they still chose other and pretty bad clubs. I am still puzzled by it. I assume it could do the trick with a substansially higher wage offer and/or a bigger sign on the (offering much more than what the player would accept if my club was the only one vying for his attention). But on the other hand, don't want to pay too much either, so wonder how much extra would be enough, if it even helps to just offer more than what the player states that he wants. Or on the other hand, perhaps there is no solution and I just have to accept that sometimes transfer targets choose to sign for rival bidding clubs, even if their choice doesn't always make much sense (like Craioveanu who preferred Brondby over my Sunderland).

CMCZ
04-08-16, 03:24 PM
If Brondby played European football and Sunderland didn't, this was probably the reason Craioveanu choosed them.

danejstrup
04-08-16, 03:39 PM
CMCZ, yes that probably expains it. Brondby does play European.

However, does this mean that nothing can be done? That it has no purpose to offer the player more than what he wants (wages/sign on fee), that this will not affect which club he chooses?

By the way, after reading the OP (my thread was merged into this one) I see that there is a trick for everybody but free agents - just make a higher offer to the selling club than what everyone else has bid, then the rival offers should be cancelled. I will try that, see if it works.

However, this doesn't solve the problem when it comes to free agents. Like Kiko and Taribo West, both unfortunately chose to ignore my offer and went on to sign for other clubs (the clubs were certainly no bigger than Sunderland, but it is possible that they played European, I don't know).

Whyme
05-08-16, 02:01 PM
Well you could offer a month to month contract to free agents, even if it is borderline cheating... I've had players join me at semi professional clubs in Finland instead of Real Madrid etc by doing this!

danejstrup
05-08-16, 08:22 PM
Well you could offer a month to month contract to free agents, even if it is borderline cheating... I've had players join me at semi professional clubs in Finland instead of Real Madrid etc by doing this!

Yeah, I prefer to not cheat or borderline cheat. So the question is whether I can still do something to attract the wanted players, like Taribo West and Kiko in the example. From what I read so far it seems like I just have to live with it, if they choose other clubs. At least with regards to free agents. For people at clubs, like Craioveanu, I guess and can try and bid more than other clubs (transfer fee, not wage/sign on fee), see if the tip works and that makes it so that bids from other clubs are cancelled.

ebfatz
07-08-16, 03:03 PM
I'd choose anywhere else over Sunderland as well. ;)

colml
07-08-16, 09:01 PM
Such as the championship? :P

jdgmedia
07-08-16, 09:10 PM
Squad status offered during negotiations may be more important than you think. In my recent game managing Wrexham in div 3, I remember getting a relatively young player(22 or 23) on a free ahead of 6-7 clubs who were in higher divisions because I offered him terms as an indispensable player.

I would argue the squad status is vitally important. then perhaps a bigger signing on fee.

katsar
29-08-16, 09:27 AM
Hello.

Also when i do not have money and X teams makes offer for a player i want,i make an offer also with fake red cash .They accept and then i offer month to month to the player with high wages and 0 release value.
He accepts my offer,i hit 2 times delay,its canceled and the player stays to his team until i have the money to buy him.

Also a good way for me to get extra cash for players i want to sell is to ask 1 player with high value as exchange plus 25% from next transfer,usually teams dont offer the player but higher cash for the transfer.

Craig Forrest
01-09-16, 03:50 PM
A bit of a cheap way of doing things...... exploiting a flaw in the game.... but whatever works for you, I guess :ok:

Pabbers
28-10-16, 01:31 PM

Set value to Zero, then you will see interested teams....then change value back up, most times teams remain interested.

Duke29
30-10-16, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I prefer to not cheat or borderline cheat. So the question is whether I can still do something to attract the wanted players, like Taribo West and Kiko in the example. From what I read so far it seems like I just have to live with it, if they choose other clubs. At least with regards to free agents. For people at clubs, like Craioveanu, I guess and can try and bid more than other clubs (transfer fee, not wage/sign on fee), see if the tip works and that makes it so that bids from other clubs are cancelled.

Offer him fisrt team status, some older players don't want to be indispensable, simply because they look at your club as a one-year club and then look for a better one. This happens a lot with 30+ years old players. Also, don't offer them too long contracts and try to add release clauses, not to big, just enough to make the player sign for you thinking that he can leave in one or two years. After he signs, wait untill he is happy and then renew his contract, he won't ask for that clause and than you can remove it.

One point in month-to-month contracts: if the player is too good for the club it will get very hard to renew his contract because he will want to have a bigger salary than you can offer, and has it says, the contract is renewed every month with you paying the signing fee every month until he leaves on a free transfer or renew his contract.

king_emile_18
31-10-16, 07:51 PM
There are some players where you can transfer list them for 0 pounds and nobody is interested in them.

Do any CM veterans have any tips on how to sell them?

For example sometimes when you take over a new club, a player might be the most highly paid on the team, but not good enough to start or even keep as backup. I try to get rid of these asap when I take over a new club.

Kingsley
31-10-16, 08:11 PM
It helps if you play them regularly, but that's not guaranteed.
You can offer them a new, very short contract and release them when it expires
Other than that, nothing that isn't serious cheeting

AtomicAnt
31-10-16, 08:12 PM
Happens a lot. Mostly with players from "smaller" countries like Africa, eastern Europe and such.

Fods
31-10-16, 10:28 PM
Whole thread here on Buying/Selling Players (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5307)

dilson84
24-10-17, 12:06 AM
My player has recently become unsettled and desires a big move to Real Madrid, and consequently Real made a bid which i re-negotiated for the aforementioned price. Given that some players are getting disgruntled at his attitude, would it be a reasonable move, or should i keep him?

zionmaster
24-10-17, 06:42 AM
I love money so I would sell him :D

JLa
24-10-17, 07:30 AM
Morale doesn't mean anything in this game. Players can be "very poor" and still perform like world beaters. So ... do you need the money? If yes, sell. If not, keep. :ok:

However ... if you piss off a player it is highly unlikely he will sign a new contract. So .. if he only has 1-2 years left I would probably sell anyway, to avoid someone grabbing him for free.

dilson84
24-10-17, 02:14 PM
Morale doesn't mean anything in this game. Players can be "very poor" and still perform like world beaters. So ... do you need the money? If yes, sell. If not, keep. :ok:

However ... if you piss off a player it is highly unlikely he will sign a new contract. So .. if he only has 1-2 years left I would probably sell anyway, to avoid someone grabbing him for free.

He is in superb morale, i'm already rich in Danish league with Akademisk Boldklub, but as many other players were affected by this. I don't know if other players' morale and "hope ____ will learn from his mistakes!" approach affects team environment, not to say board members as well. As Debski is only 23 and European 2nd best midfielder. p.s. my transfer budget doesn't seem to go over 5.5M, no matter how many mid-season transfer budget increase I get from board.

SteveV
04-11-17, 02:34 PM
when negotiating a contract with a new signing -MINIMUM RELEASE FEES!! Having got Nottingham Forest promoted, my team has been gutted because I stupidly forgot to click on those 'other' screens in the contract negotiations that we never look at til its too late. Other than being more thorough when signing someone, all I can think of is to up the wage/signing on fee to a level that the player doesn't worry about the min release when renegotiating. Or, set the min release stupidly high (although someone will always pay way over the odds it seems for a high PA player).

Just ranting here because trust me, it hurts to lose Matty Cash and Jodi Jones for a pittance....:cry:

Kingsley
04-11-17, 02:48 PM
Offer a 0 relegation (or non-promotion) clause. They usually accept andthen it is down to your management skill. Also I never offer a signing on fee in my first offer.

The think I forget to check is current injury screen. The number of times I've signed a player who is out for 3 months :frusty:

JLa
04-11-17, 10:29 PM
even worse, the injury history screen. the feeling when you sign someone with injury proneness at 20 ...

- - - Updated - - -

even worse, the injury history screen. the feeling when you sign someone with injury proneness at 20 ...

nikosgeo
05-11-17, 09:17 AM
I usually forget to change the training after summer. The thing that I ever do is to change all training schedules to light 30 days before the 1st match of the season. And when players have 100% condition I bring the training schedules back. If I forget to do the last step my team looks like full of retired players...

Sometimes I forget to organize friendlies (I believe friendlies are useful for match practice and maybe chemistry of the team).

GFRay
05-11-17, 10:38 AM
The thing that I tend to forget is bidding at the coming Bosman transfers at 31 december. Usually when I think about it it's already 3rd or 4th of January and a lot of players have already agreed to a transfer.

samsami
05-11-17, 12:05 PM
The thing that I tend to forget is bidding at the coming Bosman transfers at 31 december. Usually when I think about it it's already 3rd or 4th of January and a lot of players have already agreed to a transfer.

Where do you check for Bosmans?

GFRay
05-11-17, 12:17 PM
In Player Search:

https://s26.postimg.org/ryjym5v8p/Player_search.png (https://postimages.org/)

nikosgeo
05-11-17, 12:22 PM
Did you know that when a player wants to leave under the Bosman ruling then you can sign him immediately (without waiting until the end of his contract) with the minimum cost? For 1K... Just minimize the cost to zero (0) and press once the plus (+) button. The other team accepts the offer. ;)

nikosgeo
11-11-17, 08:07 AM
A day before a transfer window opens I always check for clubs from notable leagues who will have over 50 players when the transfers are done (size of squad already + incoming future transfers > 50 players). If there is a club which surpasses that number, then the club releases one of the players it has already (this happens in CPU teams, user teams' boards always cancel these transfers).

Teams with just main squads and reserves usually release mediocre backup players or decent young players and if you are lucky they may release a few hot prospects (such as Manu Garcia, Jean-Kevin Augustin, Rolando Mandragora...).

But teams with a connected "B" squad (Spain, Portugal, Germany) always release a player from their "A" squad with none or few appearances (such as Jasper Cillessen, Angel Correa, Lucas Hernandez...).

All of these examples were happening with the October 2016 Data Update.

trevorplatt
19-01-18, 03:12 AM
Is there an obvious bias against a human player with regards to transfers or am I just getting bitter and twisted? I tried for 2 months to buy a 24 y/o AM valued at 6M for eventually 10.5M and got rejected, 3 weeks later he joins Sunderland (yeah! F'ing Sunderland) for 8.5M, at the same time tried to buy an 18 y/o DC valued at 750k for 3.2M and got rejected, his status changes to "unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs", 5 weeks later he enters last 6 months of his contract, he's still not Happy and no other clubs interested, I offer him a contract and he rejects it saying he wants to decide his future after the current season!? I hate a bloody tease!

And why the hell do people quote Klompe as a cheap quality defender? Yes he's quality, but I've never bought him for less than 8M, usually I have bids between 10-12M rejected! he's only valued at a half a Mil!

OK rant over.

But seriously, transfers are the second most irritating part of this game (after a f'ing super 'keeper in a cup final!)

^Jack^
19-01-18, 10:27 AM
Is there an obvious bias against a human player with regards to transfers or am I just getting bitter and twisted? I tried for 2 months to buy a 24 y/o AM valued at 6M for eventually 10.5M and got rejected, 3 weeks later he joins Sunderland (yeah! F'ing Sunderland) for 8.5M,

the ai makes a bid when the player status changes, which the human player can't see. I usually counter this by using cmagent. :bounce:

Dermotron
19-01-18, 10:47 AM
Klompe was a good bit cheap on .60 vs .68 idb

trevorplatt
19-01-18, 08:12 PM
the ai makes a bid when the player status changes, which the human player can't see. I usually counter this by using cmagent. :bounce:

Not aware of this one!? I'll check it out!

Klompe was a good bit cheap on .60 vs .68 idb

I never play .68, only vanilla or the latest update, (if I did play .68 I'd have to use the editor first to bring Fowler home from that Den of Iniquity!) I never get Klompe cheap on .60, it's infuriating! To be honest, most of the Scandinavians seem to cost more than quoted on here, but to be fair most of them are worth the outlay.

joeybeefboy1966
25-01-18, 08:07 PM
LOL

joeybeefboy1966
25-01-18, 08:08 PM
Thats only when it hits 2.x billion, not millions. OP - chances are your chairman's just a wanker :lol:

HaHa Lol