PDA

View Full Version : New Job Issues

whs
02-11-12, 11:52 PM
I just wish the game could be fixed to sort out getting jobs elsewhere or even abroad. I have become very successful with small Spanish club Ponferradina, second on manager reputation & points but can't get a job in the English lower divisions or Spanish 2nd.

Always been an issue but this club's local council won't increase the stadium from 8000, and I'm 8 seasons in! Looking for a job someplace with a bigger stadium.

:mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new::mad-new:

Fods
03-11-12, 09:35 AM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?827-Research-Finding-a-new-job-abroad-by-Red9

whs
03-11-12, 12:03 PM
I'm aware of that link I read it last week, doesn't provide the answer though does it?! So frustrating, a flawless game until you fancy a change of scenery!

Cam F
03-11-12, 12:33 PM
I'm aware of that link I read it last week, doesn't provide the answer though does it?! So frustrating, a flawless game until you fancy a change of scenery!

I think that issue only occurs with 3.68 patch, defo doesn't happen with 3.60 (original game) & maybe still ok with 3.65 but if you want to play with up to date data then a bit of a bummer.

wato20
05-11-12, 03:25 PM
U can just download Greame Kellys editor and give yourself a reasonable amount of CA/PA....

And you shud be able to get jobs elsewhere in the lower regions..

If not, set yourself a 2nd nationality to help you move on...

Pokahontas
03-12-12, 01:29 PM
I find you're more likely to get a job if you're unemployed as well

maybe something to do with you not being based in that country. once you're unemployed, (not only you're available) you should be based in all selected leagues.

Pokahontas
03-12-12, 01:41 PM
def read this one http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?827-Research-Finding-a-new-job-abroad-by-Red9&p=17341#post17341

maybe this one http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?827-Research-Finding-a-new-job-abroad-by-Red9

OMFG - I love this forum

Bern
03-12-12, 02:38 PM
This is my favourite way to play the game now: manage a team for one full season, and after the last match apply for ALL available jobs. While my goal is to eventually manage a great club, I'm not picky, I will take ANY job.

I tried this first with only England in the foreground and Canadian as my nationality. It was often difficult to find a new job.

My second attempt was to load all UK + Irish leagues. I changed my nationality to Italian though. I managed the following clubs:

Peterhead - Scotland - 3rd Division
H+W Welders - N.Ireland - 1st Division (2nd tier)
Brechin - Scotland - 3rd Division
Celtic - Scotland - SPL

In my latest save, I've loaded England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany in the foreground. Again I made Italian my nationality. It has gone like this:

Stalybridge - Conference North
Savona - Italy - Serie C1B
Frosinone - Italy - Serie C1B
Cerro Reyes - Spain - D2B
San Marino - Italy C2B
Rotherham - England - Div. 2

The team from Spain was quite the challenge, starting with zero players.

joelboertjens
04-12-12, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone,

This is the first time I post a message, hopely you want to help me.

I installed CM 01/02 in combination with an update to season 12/13. It's a great game, but my problem is that I can't move to another club however I'm succesfull at another club. For example: For 3 years in a row I won the French leauge with PSG. My manager status was very good, my nationality English, but there was no English team that want to hire me if I applied to the position of their new manager. Even Doncaster Rovers, 2nd division, hired another manager instead of me, while I was applying for that job.

My question: Is it possible in the updated game to move to anothger club, or not? Is anyone else facing this problem.

Thanks for your help!

Bern
04-12-12, 08:13 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?827-Research-Finding-a-new-job-abroad-by-Red9

Having a bit of experience in trying to get other jobs, I find its a total crap shoot.

It does help to have a nationality from a strong nation (as you do). I think your World Reputation is also important.

In my current save I've managed to get jobs in the following leagues:

England Conference North > Italy Serie C1 > Italy Serie C1 > Spain D2B > Italy Serie C2 > England Div. 2.

I have yet to land a big job yet, but I'm currently ranked 26th in England. I will let you know which job I manage to land next once I finish this season.

joelboertjens
04-12-12, 08:39 PM
Check out this thread: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?827-Research-Finding-a-new-job-abroad-by-Red9

Having a bit of experience in trying to get other jobs, I find its a total crap shoot.

It does help to have a nationality from a strong nation (as you do). I think your World Reputation is also important.

In my current save I've managed to get jobs in the following leagues:

England Conference North > Italy Serie C1 > Italy Serie C1 > Spain D2B > Italy Serie C2 > England Div. 2.

I have yet to land a big job yet, but I'm currently ranked 26th in England. I will let you know which job I manage to land next once I finish this season.

What does 'a crap shoot' mean? Does it mean that this problem ruins the game for you? For me, it does, because I think it is very boring if you can't move to another club.

Thank you for sharing the link. However, for me it has a very high and complex level. Do I understand it on a right way, that I have to install a 'Save Game Editor'?
Thans again for your link, but it seems very complicated to me.

Bern
04-12-12, 08:47 PM
What does 'a crap shoot' mean? Does it mean that this problem ruins the game for you? For me, it does, because I think it is very boring if you can't move to another club.

Thank you for sharing the link. However, for me it has a very high and complex level. Do I understand it on a right way, that I have to install a 'Save Game Editor'?
Thans again for your link, but it seems very complicated to me.

Crap shoot means its all luck.

Firstly, Are you applying for jobs? Or being offered jobs? What is your goal?

I find that when you are applying for jobs, you need to have lots of good experience to get the good ones.

But if you are waiting for job offers, they won't come until quite a few seasons. For example, when I start with a club in the English Conference North, Its not until I promote the team to The Champinship that I get job offers from EPL teams. In my last attempt, Arsenal offered me the job in the middle of the season while I was managing Vauxhall Motors in the Championship.

As for the Save Game Editor, I've never used it. But I assume you could put yourself in as the manager of any club?

joelboertjens
04-12-12, 09:09 PM
Crap shoot means its all luck.

Firstly, Are you applying for jobs? Or being offered jobs? What is your goal?

I find that when you are applying for jobs, you need to have lots of good experience to get the good ones.

But if you are waiting for job offers, they won't come until quite a few seasons. For example, when I start with a club in the English Conference North, Its not until I promote the team to The Champinship that I get job offers from EPL teams. In my last attempt, Arsenal offered me the job in the middle of the season while I was managing Vauxhall Motors in the Championship.

As for the Save Game Editor, I've never used it. But I assume you could put yourself in as the manager of any club?

I apply to other clubs by myself. My ranking is very high. I won a lot of prices at PSG and even English clubs in the 2nd Division (while I have an English nationality) are hiring other managers, while I have a much greater track record. I can't understand that.

Bern
04-12-12, 09:17 PM
I apply to other clubs by myself. My ranking is very high. I won a lot of prices at PSG and even English clubs in the 2nd Division (while I have an English nationality) are hiring other managers, while I have a much greater track record. I can't understand that.

That sucks. Seems to be a flaw in the game.

From the sounds of it, you need to download the Save Game Explore, and change your CA/PA stats. I've never done it myself though.

joelboertjens
04-12-12, 09:19 PM
Okay, I will investigate the options. Thank you very much for your quick and helping answers!

316'sRegen
05-12-12, 03:55 PM
It's a known flaw in the game :ok:

The save game editor would be used to change to Current Ability/reputation or adding a second nationality to your manager of the country you want to switch to.

The thread Bern posted in post #2 has all this explored in detail and tested several parameters to see their effect, so have a read at that.

Although this flaw remains today, Ienjoy starting at the bottom of each country and pillaging throughout their divisions :ok:
Well that and I don't agree with editor tools :D

Bern
06-12-12, 01:46 PM
In my latest save, I've loaded England, Italy, Spain, France and Germany in the foreground. Again I made Italian my nationality. It has gone like this:

Stalybridge - Conference North
Savona - Italy - Serie C1B
Frosinone - Italy - Serie C1B
Cerro Reyes - Spain - D2B
San Marino - Italy C2B
Rotherham - England - Div. 2

The team from Spain was quite the challenge, starting with zero players.

So after I finished a full season with Rotherham and got them promoted to Division 1, my manager rank was 10th in England and 116th in the world. I started to apply for all jobs. After about 2 weeks I managed to get the Blackburn job. They had just finished 17th in the EPL. I applied to jobs at Sunderland (who just fired Guardiola, lol), Wolfsburgh, Catania, Levante and a bunch of lower division clubs as well, but only had an offer from Blackburn.

Raab
27-05-13, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, apologies if this is highlighted elsewhere but I've not found it anywhere.

The problem is with managers of overseas teams never leaving their jobs. I'm at the end of my fourth season (one in Scotland, three in England) and it is only teams in England, Scotland, Argentina and Brazil who have jobs going. The other leagues I have running are Spain, Italy, France, and Germany and they have had no jobs available for four years. What gives? Nobody has been sacked or retired. These leagues are run in the background and I guess everyone has experience of background leagues having managers leave but not replaced until it becomes a foreground league. But even that isn't happening.

I'm running the March 2013 update too. Has that changed something? Anyone else noticed this?

Sam
27-05-13, 02:01 PM
I believe this is a problem with background leagues. Go to "Game Options ---> Selected Leagues" and make sure that those nations are selected as "Selected" and not "Background".

Raab
27-05-13, 03:38 PM
Cheers. This would make sense but I have other leagues in the background (Argentina, Brazil and Scotland) that have managers leave and whatnot.

I think what may be the issue is that the latest update (March 2013) has considerably better stats for managers than previous games I've played (I never played with other updates), this would mean clubs are reluctant to sack managers regardless of how bad their team does.

Cam F
27-05-13, 04:45 PM
One of my biggest hates of 0102. if you turn the background league to selected there will probably be about 30 jobs available, including the big ones, so you have to ask who is signing the players picking the teams if they don't have a manager :lol: a nation of assmen :lol:

Sam
27-05-13, 04:57 PM
it's the background problem imo. I say this because I had the same problem when I was playing with Argentinian and English leagues selected.

Dermotron
27-05-13, 05:16 PM
Giving it's a combo of patience and ambition in Chairman that determine managers being sacked or not in general, it could be a freak occurrence where there are high chairman attributes for Patience - that and the majority of chairmen will have blank attributes outside of the more well known clubs in the database and any 0 in the database will load as anything between 1-20. 1 being the most impatient (Maurizio Zamparini - Palermo) and 20 being the most patient (Peter Hill-Wood - Arsenal)

guardiona
09-06-13, 12:51 AM
So.. The only way to get another job is aplying for a job? Doesn't exist the possibility of other teams just invites us to manage them? Thanks

AtomicAnt
09-06-13, 01:06 AM
I can't remember ever being offered a job abroad or a job at another club in "my" country while still managing the club I started the game at. But once you've switched club once I've found that job offers would come in from other clubs in that same country. I don't know if it has to do with loyalty.

Getting a job abroad is not easy, but I have gone from different countries, but only been offered jobs in clubs in lower leagues like Cottbus, Salernitana etc. Switching from country to country is fun, damn I have to start a new game soon...

316'sRegen
09-06-13, 10:54 AM
Other teams do offer you jobs, once your reputation is sufficient to warrant this.

Be aware that your reputation will grow only in the country you are managing, so winning everything with Barcelona will not mean that Manchester United (or indeed all of England) immediately know who you are and your managerial exploits.

The only way to build reputation in each country is to basically start at the bottom and work your way up through the managerial hierarchy.

If you do decide to move to another country, you will notice that your previous country's clubs will begin to try and entice you back, if you had sufficient reputation in that country of course. See examples here (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php/385-How-are-you-doing?p=73243#post73243) (at the end of the post)

Getting an international job seems to give you international reputation, which will allow easier moving between countries.

guardiona
09-06-13, 03:25 PM
I'm with Benfica. My first nationality is English and my 2nd is Spanish. I won 2 euro leagues with Benfica, 4 national championships, 5 cups and 3 supercups, in 6 seasons. I also manage EUA for 5 months and I was eliminated in semi-finals of Champions League for two times. I'm the best manager in Portugal and 17š in all of World. And all the oportunities that I had were to clubs that I applying for. Nobody call me or invite me to manage their teams... It starts to be boring... But ok, I will leave Benfica and manage some different club in a different country. Can you tell me if I manage one english club is easier to get a job in another english club as Chelsea or Liverpool?

Sam
09-06-13, 04:06 PM
yes it is. I managed River Plate, then after 2 seasons and winning everything, resigned. I had to take a job at Leicester City in Division 1, where I was promoted. I won the FA Cup the following season, and finished 5th in the Premier League. Then Sir Alex Ferguson resigned and I applied for and got the Manchester United job.

Sam
09-06-13, 04:08 PM
As soon as you get a job in England, your domestic reputation from Portugal will carry over. But not until you get that 1st job in England.

316'sRegen
09-06-13, 05:39 PM
i personally like this 'flaw' in the game though.

It would be too easy otherwise to get all the best jobs right away. The gamd is easy enough already, right?

guardiona
09-06-13, 07:18 PM
Yes, I agree with you. Despite be motivator to have to fight against this "flaw", after some time it makes the game boring because you don't have anymore objectives in your first club but at the same time you don't want manage a team in a secundary division... But ok.. We have to be pacient :P
Thanks a lot :)

AtomicAnt
10-06-13, 12:57 AM
After 5 straight cup and league wins at Porto, with on CL title and World Club title to boot, I started to feel restless and managed to get a job in France. Consolat Marseille at the 3rd tier, and after half a season it looks like a promotion is possible but I'm applying for jobs at other French clubs, no luck yet tho.

Gonna try to win CL with a Portuguese (done), French, German, Italian and English club with this game and see how long it takes me.

phil_jackson
10-06-13, 03:03 PM
It looks like when you're unemployed it's easier to be hired by a high profile club than when you're still managing a club (a bit strange when compared to real life...). Plus, when you are a candidate while managing another club, it makes the board a bit angry sometimes, especially if the results are not in your favor :D

So when I get bored with the situation at my current club and I want to manage at a high level, I just resign from my current club.

Dermotron
10-06-13, 03:25 PM
The issue could be that continued dominance of a league means you reduce the reps of the clubs around you. So if you have a massive reputation 4-5 years in it means you've won everything regularly, this also means your opponents haven't been able to maintain their own rep. But when you drop to a lesser club the offers come in as the club you are at has a smaller rep meaning you are now seen as accessible.

BlazeRavenwolf
10-06-13, 03:38 PM
I played in Italy on the last update and had no issue with moving on I got a job in Spanish D2B within a week of completing my job In italy

guardiona
13-06-13, 09:56 AM
I did what you said... I left Benfica and in two weeks Sunderland invited me, but I refused. Then, I applied to Argentina team and they accepted me. Almost 7 months then, Sevilla invited me too. So, now I am in Sevilla and Argentina... But there is something that makes me sad.. I left Benfica with 35Million for transfers.. And when I arrived at Sevilla there was only 1 Million and the board asked me for be champion.. LOL. But, in the other hand, it's nice manage Messi with 30 years. ahah
Thanks for every advices that you gave me.

Fods
13-06-13, 11:29 AM
I started 2 games recently, reps were 80CA and 80PA and 101CA and 101PA, there in lies your problem ladies. No need for conspiracy theories

scanner266
14-08-13, 02:02 PM
I've taken Southend all the way from the third division up into the Premier League, won the league several times, last season won every competition we played in, including the Champions League. Manager rating is world class in both England and the world. Fancied a change of scenery so applied to a load of overseas teams in the hope of playing somewhere different next season. NOBODY is offering me a job. Not just the big guns I've applied to such as Milan, Ajax, Bayern, Fiorentina etc. but also some of the not so big teams!

What's with that?! Anyone else had a similar problem?

Cannot be ar*ed playing another season with Southend. Or in England for that matter. Any suggestions??

scanner266
14-08-13, 02:05 PM
Plus how do I change my avatar? Arrgggghhhh!!

Cam F
14-08-13, 02:18 PM
Use a save game editor (back up save first) & edit the bit in your manager ability which is wrong, it's a well known flaw of 0102.

scanner266
14-08-13, 02:29 PM
Thanks. Recommend any save game editor in particular? Never really used one before so not sure which is best?

Cam F
14-08-13, 03:01 PM
Graeme Kelly save game editor or CM explorer, both should be in downloads.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
14-08-13, 03:09 PM
Check the sticky thread at the top of this page: Finding a New Job Abroad if you want to know ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING there is to know about this issue

phil_jackson
15-08-13, 01:01 PM
From what I saw in my own games, it's easier to get another job when you don't have one. Of course, you need a reputation first, but when you have it, you can quit when you're fed up with your current club, the chances are you'll receive more answers from your applications.

Experience in the country you're interested in is also an advantage. In one of my games, I have a manager who has gone through many teams in Brazil, and won competitions several times there, and now, even though he's managing a european club, he receives unsollicited offers from brazilian top clubs. I haven't received unsollicited propositions on other occasions, by the way.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
16-08-13, 03:21 PM
Either your CA or PA is high enough by chance to receive the invites

Kingsley
16-08-13, 03:39 PM
It also helps a lot to change your nationality to that of the team you want to manage

dryrain
23-08-13, 09:07 AM
I have the same problem not with club management but with international. I have won english premiere league 6 out of 9 years and now the champions league 5 times in a row. I want the english managers job but never get offered I took the south korean job in the end. I think the problem might stem from putting my nationality as hk. I will try changing that but my secound nationality is now english so will i need to change it?

shilts
06-01-14, 09:19 PM
Apologies if this is in completely the wrong place......

Don't know if anyone agrees with me or if anything can be done about them anyway, but I have a couple of queries.

1) Winning the League Cup (and the FA Cup to a lesser extent) doesn't seem to improve your manager reputation much anymore, I'm sure it carried more weight on the original game. If, for example, I'm managing Hartlepool and have taken them from L2 to Championship and then win the League Cup whilst in the Championship (or lower league), I reckon that should be classed as a pretty big achievement - in the real world it would be a big deal - it would certainly mean clubs from the Prem would be interested. I've won the League Cup and not moved a single place in my reputation.

2) Following on from this, it's nigh-on impossible to get a job abroad unless you've won a European competition. I was managing Leeds and won back to back Premier League titles but couldn't get a job managing an Italian team from Serie C2B (or any other lower league from any other nation - other than Scotland). Obviously they'd be very, very interested in real life...

Please read the above as it's meant - it is in NO WAY a criticism, just a request/observation and to get your thoughts/feedback :)

It goes without saying that the people who keep this game alive are top people :)

Cam F
06-01-14, 09:32 PM
It's the 3.68 0102 game fecks the manager abilities and chances of getting a job are slim. 3.60-3.65 versions did not have this problem, can't comment on 3.67 as no idea.

I get round this by playing 0001 where no such hinderance occurs and happily hop round the world from job to job.

shilts
06-01-14, 10:14 PM
Can it be changed do you know?

Can't say I've played 0001 recently...must be years ago. If I remember rightly, the transfer market wasn't as active as 0102 - it was hard to offload the crap, no-one bid for them

Dermotron
06-01-14, 10:31 PM
In fairness the reputation of the cups now aint a patch on what they were when the game was released and are reflected in the DB. The AI managers now select second strings similar to real life which looks well. But yeah the league does little for your rep compared to the ODB

This thread should help give you some tips in regards getting a job aboard without having to start over http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827

Cam F
06-01-14, 10:47 PM
Can it be changed do you know?

Can't say I've played 0001 recently...must be years ago. If I remember rightly, the transfer market wasn't as active as 0102 - it was hard to offload the crap, no-one bid for them

That was 99/00, no such problems in 0001, only difference I've noticed are there are more clubs come in for your players on loan and the transfer fees are not as big in 0001.

ebfatz
06-01-14, 10:59 PM
What they said.

League Cup was more important back in 2001/02
and
Manager Rep is a well known bug which can't be got round without editors.

shilts
07-01-14, 08:10 PM
So basically.....download the save game editor, have a duel nationality and change my CA/PA to 200 apiece and that should just about do it....ish... :)

shilts
07-01-14, 09:37 PM
Which editor(s) would you suggest?

Fods
07-01-14, 09:39 PM
GK Editor: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=16

Craig Forrest
09-01-14, 04:36 PM
you know... having played quite a few long term games/challenges.... it seems to me that although there are problems like mentioned above it's not that hard to get around.... for example I won everything in Italy, had an amazing rep there and a top 3 world rep.... of course none of the top teams outside of italy would hire me.... so I got a job in the 2nd division in England... and as soon as I got there my rep in England was super high.... Arsenal fire their manager, I apply and I'm in

Doesn't always work that way of course but I've never had too many issues

International jobs are a different animal all together though

ilovesanmarino
09-01-14, 05:08 PM
International jobs are a different animal all together though

Who wants to be Roy Hodgson anyway?

phil_jackson
19-01-14, 12:15 AM
If applying in another country doesn't seem to work, don't hesitate to resign from your current club. It seems to work better when you have no club, plus you don't make your board angry by applying massively elsewhere ;)

aeonshate
13-07-14, 07:29 AM
I heard that its bugged in .68 version but, i wanna be sure about it.

i just sacked from liverpool, and somehow can't find another job.

is it bugged, or just me?

ilovesanmarino
13-07-14, 11:55 PM
the "bug" only affects jobs abroad, and I am not sure if ireland/northern Ireland/Scotland/Wales count as abroad, or due to the low standard of their leagues it doesn't matter.

Anyway the "bug" is boasted of as a feature in the game, so not sure if it was deliberate and if it was deliberate they understood the consequences, or that it was a bug they covered up by pretending it was a feature!
the bug is that international rep donesnt work. No matter how good you do in one league, it counts for utterly zero abroad, therefore the only jobs you can hope to apply for are those at the very bottom. The manual also says some leagues are set to favour/disfavour foreign managers, I for example have never got a job in croatia, but can take my pick in Italy/Spain, Surely Croatia D2 has a low rep as Spain D2B and Italy C2?
Anyway it is cured by manually editing your nationality/reputation in the editors.

...or like me you can set your nationality to something obscure, take a job somewhere else, then after a few years, when you have completely forgotten what nationality you set, get offered a job in your "home" country and take ages trying to fugure out why!

so, if it is NOT a job abroad, I guess your repuation is not good enough for the jobs you applying for ie: you're crap

Fods
14-07-14, 08:26 AM
The Rep does work it is just random each game, so one game you could have 200/200 and not have a problem finding a job and another save you might get 40/40.

Rep for managers never improves either so as posted above the only way is to manually cheat and edit your CA.

You can find tools to do this Download - Tools (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6)

Kingsley
16-07-14, 07:59 AM
As they say

A low Current Ability (allocated randomly at game start) will impact on your ability to get a job in the country of your nationality

International Reputation counts for nothing and it is impossible to get a job outside of your nationality

I don't normally condone use of an editor, but in this case it is a clear bug and it is fully justified to use the editor to change your nationality and CA/PA to be able to get another job.

J.D.
16-07-14, 04:01 PM
Is it true that you can receive a job offer without even applying for the job?

12 years that I'm playing that game and it never happen to me.
What do you have to do? Start with a very small club? Play the game for more than my average 3 seasons?

Kingsley
16-07-14, 06:21 PM
Yes. If your reputaion is way above that of the club you are at, then you will get offers that you don't apply for. Happens quite a lot in crazy career games where you take a club to Champion's League then go to a Conference side to build them up. Usually starts after 10 to 15 seasons and into your 3rd or 4th club

Craig Forrest
16-07-14, 06:49 PM
Ya when I played Roman General or something I was a French National and after season 10 or something PSG would constantly offer me the job.... a few other teams too but mostly PSG....

Topofthekop
16-07-14, 07:38 PM
I got offered a prem league job (Arsenal if i recall correctly while in Div 2 with my made up Sheepshaggers club)

aeonshate
17-07-14, 01:26 AM
ermh, topic went wrong way :D

actually i was speaking about v3.68 bug. i just can't get any offers, and almost applied like 300 clubs, fixed my nationality, reputation etc. it really doesnt happens in any way.

i can't find job.

Kingsley
17-07-14, 08:32 AM
If you have the nationality, the reputation, the CA and the PA then there shouldn't be a problem in your home nation. If you want, load up a save game and I can have a look to see what the problem is.

aeonshate
17-07-14, 03:57 PM
If you have the nationality, the reputation, the CA and the PA then there shouldn't be a problem in your home nation. If you want, load up a save game and I can have a look to see what the problem is.

http://www.dosya.tc/server33/EWlquK/liver1.rar.html

here it is .

Fods
18-07-14, 03:57 AM
Seems your changes in the save game editor didn't kick in, did you run the editor as administrator?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ntiv0h.png

Ive updated your reps, so load this game up and give it a go now. Otherwise run the save game editor as administratot and make your pwn changes and then load up the save game:ok:

Sendspace Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/6sz25k

First two jobs I applied for, for you ;)

http://i59.tinypic.com/20gmkgl.png
http://i60.tinypic.com/2qdv3h5.png

BobMem
18-07-14, 10:44 AM
That's great service Fods, well played :clap:

It's this sort of thing which will help the influx of new members hang around longer than just getting the data update.

Craig Forrest
18-07-14, 04:29 PM
Good job Foddy :ok:

aeonshate
22-07-14, 01:54 PM
Seems your changes in the save game editor didn't kick in, did you run the editor as administrator?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ntiv0h.png

Ive updated your reps, so load this game up and give it a go now. Otherwise run the save game editor as administratot and make your pwn changes and then load up the save game:ok:

Sendspace Download: https://www.sendspace.com/file/6sz25k

First two jobs I applied for, for you ;)

http://i59.tinypic.com/20gmkgl.png
http://i60.tinypic.com/2qdv3h5.png

wow man, thanks really :D

BigBoss
05-08-14, 11:14 AM
Ok, so iv been playing this game for years on end but one thing I cant seem to do is get jobs in other countries!

For an example... im playing with FC Bayern, iv won the German league 5 years straight, the CL 5 years straight and basically every cup 5 years straight.... including 2 undefeated seasons. I cant get a job in either Spain or England when I try too! All the top teams always hire back their old manager! How do I get that team??? I need to win as many leagues in one game as possible :)

Cafcjgreen
05-08-14, 12:54 PM
Change your reputation using a save game editor!

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Tapatalk

JLa
05-08-14, 01:51 PM
Better change your nationality as well (if you are applying for a job in Germany, give yourself German nationality etc).

Or apply here, there and everywhere and you might just get lucky. TSV 1860 Munich hired me (English nationality) while I was managing in Italy. I wouldn't count on this to happen, though..I was/am the greatest manager the world has ever seen, with maxed out reputations and CA/PA at 195, and I had been rejected for like 300 jobs prior to the 1860 Munich one.

guivi
13-08-14, 06:49 PM
hello from Argentina, First of all i need to say sorry about my english.

I was playing the 14/15 update with Q.P.R starting at first division.

The first season was amazing, first division winner , league cup winner and semi final at the F.A cup.
Because of that, i reach the third position at the maganer stats of england.

spurs and man utd were without manager, but they didnt accept me. i am an english manager.

When i win everything with river plate, also i could not change the to a big team.

What is the problem with big teams? why i can not change the team if i am the third manager of england???

Lets hear the experts...

ilovesanmarino
13-08-14, 10:24 PM
Not enough experience? I gave my board an ultimation at the end of my second season and was told it was an outrageous request "for such an inexperienced manager" so even though my reputation is top in my country i am still "new" in the game records somewhere

guivi
20-08-14, 08:54 PM
yes maybe but is very frustrating see that you are a great english manager in a very small team and not be able to change. Now i am the second team of england in the premier league but still in Q.P.R. the english FA chose a very bad manager to be the coach of england when i am the 3rd of england. Just cant understand

ilovesanmarino
20-08-14, 09:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OTEW3Go.jpg

guivi
21-08-14, 02:10 PM
well just won the premier league with Q.P.R. and man utd and arsenal didnt accept my application for manager. is there a bug in the 3.9.68 version?

Niwrah
28-08-14, 06:41 PM
I'm managing VfB Stuttgart, after winning some European trophies with Lavagnese, whom were managed to the Serie A heights by me. I got the Stuttgart job after I resigned from Lavagnese. I'm in charge of the Germans for 4 years now and I just turned down the first job offer. Blackburn Rovers wanted me as manager, they offered no transferbudget and a highly overpaid, mediocre, relegation-battling squad. I turned the offer down.

One other manager in the same save was managing Inter Milan and Pisa in Italy and I think I turned down ten job offers from Serie C1 and Serie C2 clubs since I started managing Port Talbot Town in Wales.

I can't change anything with a savegame editor... I tried but the editor didn't allow a date of birth after the year 2000 and since I'm already in the 2070/2071 season, pretty much every person in the game has a d.o.b. beyond 2000.

BugHunter
09-10-14, 03:27 PM
Hello all,
Lately I've been playing CM0102 3.9.68 with Tapani patch and the March 2014 DB, and I'm really enjoying it!
The thing is, after a few (4-5) seasons, I get a bit tired of winning (almost) everything at the same club and wanted to change, but not a single club wants a winning manager, so it seems!
I've seen that there are some issues with 3.9.68 and job changing, and also seen the awesome topic about changing jobs and the necessary conditions to be hired. Changed my manager's CA and PA, but still nothing.

Can anything be done, or is it back to CM0001?

Thanks in advance! :)

Cafcjgreen
09-10-14, 03:33 PM
Change your nationality to the nation you're trying to get a job in!

BugHunter
09-10-14, 03:36 PM
I've applied to lower league jobs in the same country, and nothing.
Also, I didn't want to tamper too much with the saved game, since I've already messed up a 30+ season saved game before...
Btw, what's the best (as in, not messing up) save game editor available?

Craig Forrest
10-10-14, 02:14 PM
I like the GK save editor myself :ok:

and you also need to make sure your reputation is high enough, not just CA/PA

BugHunter
10-10-14, 02:39 PM
The reps were as high as they could get, and CA/PA also max (200).
I just don't understand why...

heeeeeresjonny
10-10-14, 04:42 PM
I've been playing a new game with the March update for quite some time, and I've noticed that I'm not able to get a job at a foreign club unless they're wayyy down in the bottom divisions. Has anyone else noticed this? My reputation is world class, and I've never come across this kind of a problem before. Same with nations - they all seem to stick to a manager of their own nationality.

Cheers,
Jonny

Craig Forrest
10-10-14, 07:19 PM
Dunno.... lots of people have issues... I'm not one of them.... I'm 20 years into a game right now and I've been lucky enough to manage some decent teams

Jokerjake7
16-10-14, 01:16 PM
Don't clubs only use national rep and not world, hence why they usually hire those with the same nationality? If I remember correctly your national rep will be very high when you join a low league team anyway so if you join them it makes it significantly easier to get a job in that league.

That is how I remember it anyway. I would also change nationality (or change 2nd nationality) to the same nation as the team you are trying to get the job for, since I believe that helps as well.

Talemaster
02-11-14, 05:01 PM
Hi there. I wasn't exactly sure to post this one here but i failed to find the topic or anywhere else to mention my problem.

In my game of CM 01/02 i get absolutely no offers as a manager from other clubs. I have nearly all the leagues selected, have a decent reputation and reasonable manager points every season but even my applications are not accepted; like the game is totally ignoring me! I started out a career in one of the Conference League teams, carried the team to Second Division without any season loss, won the FA Cup once and qualified for the fourth round in UEFA Cup. But i receive no offers and even my applications are being turned down. I play without the database updates as i am very fond of the classic CM 3. I tried to attain a career in both 3.9.60 and 3.9.68 versions but had the same results. I read in many forums that people get an offer by major teams even in the end of their first successful season.

Please, help.

JLa
03-11-14, 09:07 AM
Two things for 3.9.68;
- You will only get job offers from clubs with the same nationality as yourself (or, your manager alter ego). If you have chosen an English nationality, you will (only) get job offers from English clubs. You might get the occasional offer from a lower league side in Spain or Italy (we're talking rock bottom, semi-professional, no-budget territory), but you can forget about that Sevilla or Parma job.
- You will probably need to apply for jobs. Random job offers from out of nowhere are really rare.

If you keep these two things in mind, are fairly successful (read: win cups and leagues) but still don't get any job offers after the third season or so, I have no idea what could be wrong.

Kingsley
03-11-14, 05:17 PM
The other gotcha is your own CA and PA. No matter what you achieve, your CA is set at the start of a game and never ever changes. As this is a random value, you could be stuck with an incredibly low CA for ever and you have no hope of ever getting a decent job. If I am playing a career game, I use the GK editor to reset my CA/PA to something decent (150 is reasonable) and now the jobs you get will be based on reputation. (I justify it to myself as fixing a flaw in the game design to make it playable the way I want rather than cheating). I would also support anyone who wanted to change their own nationality to get an overseas job as it is another flaw in the game design.

nurkann
04-11-14, 04:08 PM
My question is,
Im playing my 7th season with Turkish League Club Besiktas JK, i've been 5 times champion and qualified quater and half final at champions League.. My nationaly 1st England 2nd Turkish.

I have never get any job offers from other clubs, is there no way to get offer without applying for the job ? Ive choosen ENGLAND, GERMANY, SPAIN and TURKISH Leagues in the game.

Did you ever get any job offer from different clubs while ur managing a club ??

Kingsley
05-11-14, 01:33 PM
Yes it does happen, but only after a long time, and usually when your reputation is much higher than the club you are managing.

For instance, 16 seasons in, I had moved around a few clubs (by applying for jobs) had won just about everything and decided to take on a team in the 4th tier. Got promotion and the next season there were a number of offers from clubs in the top tier.

I don't think you will ever get an offer without applying if you are close to winning the league every year and probably only ever from a club in the country of your nationality. Have a look around England, Germany and Spain and see how many jobs have gone to foreign managers in these countries.

Sakamoto
04-03-15, 05:04 PM
Hello there.

I instaled the game 2 months ago and started playing again to revive the good old days. Still the best CM ever.

But the fact is that Iīm in my 5th year in Porto, won 5 championships, 4 national cups, one Uefa Cup and a Super Cup and achieve nr.4 in all nations coach reputation. But I just canīt get any invitation to manage any other club. I remember that in the past, with all the trophies I already won I could apply for a club and get a invitation but it seems that now is much harder. 5 minutes ago I apply for AC Milan and they hired the Atalanta coach who was 14th in the Italian League. :der: I understand that consulting the ranking in Italy I donīt appear but, common, it seems that it was much more easier in the past.

Why is it so hard to change club now, can anyone help me?

wato20
05-03-15, 12:15 PM
It is a flaw in the game.

I think CM 00/01 it was easy to move about, but not in 01/02.

The best thing u can do is download and install the GK Saved Game Editor.

Run it on your save and give yourself a 2nd nationality.

If you give yourself Italian 2nd nationality u will get a job in Italy, no problem.

It is a shame but I dont know another way round it, other than to apply for the really low jobs in Italy without editing your game and hope a Serie B or Serie C side takes you on and you build your rep up in Italy that way.

Fods
06-03-15, 09:12 AM
You may also need to up your Ability levels, anything around 160+ is good

wato20
12-03-15, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah...

Also a prob with the game, is when you add a manager at the start of the game, his Current Ability and Potential Ability are SET.

For any job you need to have high CA and PA and then u will be selected above other managers.

And high Reputations help too...

Cam F
12-03-15, 05:41 PM
0001 too easy to move about :lol:

That's why I love it. Easy in sense you can but only if your reputation is good enough both at home and abroad.

Having to save game edit your pa is totally ridiculous to move around so give me 0001 anyway where it works as it should.

Bohemians
05-06-15, 09:17 PM
I was reading the forums about international jobs and if I have not misunderstood, international job offers depend on your PA which is randomly set at the start of the game.

It makes sense that your CA is dependent on your results but is there nothing you can do with your PA except use the editor? What would be a good value for a manager's PA anyway? In my current save I have a PA of 68, which seems low to me.

Does the PA effect all your job offers? I've only ever successfully applied for big clubs like Real Madrid or AC Milan when they have somehow contrived to get relegated to the second division.

In international management, I've managed Brazil, Ireland, Sweden and Denmark but never a big European team like Italy, France or Germany. Do these big teams have higher standards? Weirdly, I've never had any difficulty getting the Brazil job.

I also have only ever once been offered a club job (Man Utd which treading water in Seria A with Spezia). It was weird after ten years of playing the game to see a new message!

So, what I'm wondering is if I edit my PA to say 195, would every club in the game be offering me a job and would I get Italian manager job if it came up?

Thanks for reading.

Fods
06-06-15, 03:34 AM
160+ should do it

lavi david
06-06-15, 07:20 AM
I play this game already 54,542 years :-) and something bothers me. I never received a job offer Although I arrived, all the times i playing this game, to "world class" reputation. Even when I coach "small" teams and I get this status, and I offer myself to a larger team, they always prefer to take a manager with bad reputation. Is this part of the game does not work properly??

Fods
06-06-15, 08:45 AM
Have a read here mate, its all about the manager reps you are given at game start which don't increase....

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827

lavi david
06-06-15, 10:14 AM
tnx, i've read this and understand what i need to do but one thing... how can i use the editor to raise my ca ?? i cant find "my self" in the editor...

JLa
06-06-15, 12:37 PM
Check your nationality as well. You will have a better chance of landing the Germany job as a German.

Fods
06-06-15, 02:46 PM
Use the Graeme Kelly
Save game Editor in downloads/tools

You won't be in the pre game editor

lavi david
06-06-15, 06:32 PM
tnx! working great!

Fods
07-06-15, 04:37 AM
I think even second nationalities help!

Fods
07-06-15, 04:57 AM
tnx! working great!

Good stuff :ok:

Bulk
07-06-15, 09:53 PM
CA doesnt change either.

Kingsley
17-06-15, 11:03 AM
More important than CA and PA is nationality (or second nationality) and reputation, which does change with results. CA and PA will help, but a lower reputation manager of the same country as the club will generally get the job ahead of a high CA/PA foreigner.

And as Bulk says, CA will never change for the duration of a save game.

masanovic
23-06-15, 09:45 PM
Does anyone else seem to have issues being offered jobs? No matter how successful I am or how high my reputation is I can apply for hundreds of jobs and never get offered them. Anyone know why that is?

Fods
24-06-15, 06:43 AM
Does anyone else seem to have issues being offered jobs? No matter how successful I am or how high my reputation is I can apply for hundreds of jobs and never get offered them. Anyone know why that is?

Your thread has been moved to here masanoic, have a read and it should answer your questions.

Malovaan
11-10-15, 09:25 PM
I've never done much play as a jobless manager, so not sure if the below problem is actually a problem, or just how the game normally works... but posting for advice anyway.

I started a game as an English manager, wanted to play with no job from the start, so picked a nation I thought pretty inconsequential (in this case, China), and immediately resigned.

I've then set about looking for new jobs, but can't seem to even get hired in the English conference division.

One thing I've noticed is that I never hear back about jobs I've applied for at all - they hire a new manager that isn't me, and it doesn't come up in my news. Is this usual?

Another thing that looks weird is that I've been hearing about job losses and gains in other countries (for instance Sampdoria's sacking and hiring of new manager came up in my news, same from Cruizeiro in Brazil), but English job info hasn't been in my news at all, despite me picking English nationality. Aston Villa's manager was sacked for instance, and that wasn't in my news. Does that sound odd?

I went into a save game editor, found that I had 10 CA and 173 PA, so upped my CA to 100 - but this still didn't help me get a conference job.

I guess my main worry about something being wrong is because I'm getting nothing in my news feed when clubs whose vacant manager position I've applied for hire someone else. Is that normal?

Dermotron
11-10-15, 09:53 PM
As brand new manager with no experience you'll also have no rep so getting a job is unlikely. Look at your Reputation in England under Manager Stats, you'll be stone last. So all the managers ahead of you are more likely to get the job you apply for.

Clubs never announce hiring a manager over you unless it's a big name manager or a high rep club

Malovaan
12-10-15, 10:24 AM
As brand new manager with no experience you'll also have no rep so getting a job is unlikely. Look at your Reputation in England under Manager Stats, you'll be stone last. So all the managers ahead of you are more likely to get the job you apply for.

Clubs never announce hiring a manager over you unless it's a big name manager or a high rep club

Aha, so basically trying to start a game unemployed isn't a very sensible idea!

ebfatz
12-10-15, 06:08 PM
When I do it in England it normally only takes 6-9 months to be offered a job. It will be a Northern Premier job though (Tapani Patch)

Huggy86
01-12-15, 01:39 PM
premise: STO USING GOOGLE TRANSLATE: D

Hello, I'm a guy Stefano 28 years ... I started a season with German nationality after 12 seasons and I decided to change teams.

Because despite the coach's strongest game, no team of another country is calling me? of course I click on ACCEPT POSITION

is perhaps my nationality?

thanks in advance and sorry for my horrible English

Dermotron
01-12-15, 01:42 PM
This patch (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=268)fixes the issue

paparis
21-07-16, 10:15 PM
Meanwhile,I applied even to Serie B teams and nobody hired me,although I'm World Class

Fods
21-07-16, 10:33 PM
Meanwhile,I applied even to Serie B teams and nobody hired me,although I'm World Class

What nationality are you in game? If you are not Italian it will be down to your manager reps (Ca/Pa) not being high enough, it's a known bug in the game.

These can be increased via a save game editor too or you can use one of the latest patches which fixes the issue

paparis
22-07-16, 05:32 AM
What nationality are you in game? If you are not Italian it will be down to your manager reps (Ca/Pa) not being high enough, it's a known bug in the game.

These can be increased via a save game editor too or you can use one of the latest patches which fixes the issue
I'm Spanish but I'm the best in Italy

Fods
22-07-16, 05:48 AM

That's your problem.

drown
22-07-16, 07:06 AM
It could be a bug too since you've already played 60 seasons and should have a decent enough rep.

Either that or the chairmen at those clubs think you are dying soon. :heh:
(even if you started managing when you were 20, you are 80 years old now in game)

Kingsley
22-07-16, 07:20 AM

It's not about reputaion, it's about your current ability (CA) and potential ability (PA). These are values which are set (randomly) for human managers when you start a new save game, and never change. You can call this a bug, or more realisticly, a design flaw, but if they are too low, the big clubs will never look at you, no matter how many champion's leagues you win. The only way to resolve that is to use a save game editor.

paparis
22-07-16, 10:12 AM
Upload your save game and I will fix it
I got a job at Juventus and I'm trying to stay in Serie B.Seems it's easier to get a job during the season.Thanks anyway

Dermotron
22-07-16, 10:20 AM
It's covered in depth in these 2 threads. And as someone pointed out, fixed/resolved in the Tapani 2.21.1 patch (http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=268)

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5737

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5333

jameslufc
18-08-16, 01:36 PM
Hi all,

I have been going through a game as manager of Atletico Madrid. I have won the 2nd division and then the league 3 times in a row. I have also won 3 spanish cups and 3 champions leagues, as well as super cups and intercontinental cups. I am also the England manager where I have won Euro 2008. I got bored of managing Atletico as I had won everything so I decided to resign to start a new challenge elsewhere. However, I am now 2 seasons later and despite having applied for every job that has become available no one will appoint me. Has anyone else found it this difficult to get another job? It seems ridiculous that managers who have never won a trophy are being given jobs that I am applying for having won several trophies. Anyone have any idea why this might be?

Thanks

Fods
18-08-16, 01:41 PM
This help

Finding a new job abroad - by Red9

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Echampman0102%2Eco %2Euk%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D827&share_tid=827&share_fid=23603&share_type=t

316'sRegen
18-08-16, 02:01 PM
The new patch sorts that out :ok:

trengt
20-02-20, 01:29 PM
Hi

am Notts Co and I am 13 seasons into the game and I have won most, but I have not yet been able to take a job, in another country, even though they are selected league games.

Is it generally difficult to get jobs in other countries?

Redknapp69
20-02-20, 02:13 PM
Some patches help with that e.g Tapani 2.21.1, Saturn's latest V8 patch, Nick's patch

Do you have any of them?

Failing that - can you change via editor if desperate?

trengt
21-02-20, 07:03 PM
@Redknapp69.

I donīt have Saturn latest Patch, so i try Saturn.

Thanks

joxley01
28-03-20, 09:28 AM
Hi

CM01/02 with the v3.9.68 update will forever be the best game of all time.

However, it does get frustrating that you can only manage top clubs if you are the same nationality as the country the club is in. Winning the league in 3 different top countries therefore isn't possible.

Would it be possible to create a simple patch to fix this bug?

Thanks

John

Alan
28-03-20, 10:14 AM
It's been done. I am sure the search function will guide you in the right direction.

joxley01
28-03-20, 06:20 PM
Thanks - what do I need to search for? I'm struggling to find anything relevant. Cheers, John

Redknapp69
28-03-20, 08:44 PM
Thanks - what do I need to search for? I'm struggling to find anything relevant. Cheers, John

He probably meant to search for the answer as many have likely asked the same question before

Use a patch like Saturn V9, Tapani 2.21.1 or Nick's Patch which make it easier to get a job abroad

Stuntman12
09-04-20, 07:11 PM
Hello, I play with my neighbor with the update October 2019 and we find it strange that after 4 or 5 seasons by winning a lot of national championships we can not change clubs we are never retained anywhere yet our global reputation is often in the top 10, where can it come from please? thank you

:rockon:

Redknapp69
10-04-20, 01:19 AM
Hello, I play with my neighbor with the update October 2019 and we find it strange that after 4 or 5 seasons by winning a lot of national championships we can not change clubs we are never retained anywhere yet our global reputation is often in the top 10, where can it come from please? thank you

:rockon:

Do you have any patches applied?

Use a patch like Saturn V9, Tapani 2.21.1 or Nick's Patch which make it easier to get a job abroad

Stuntman12
10-04-20, 08:46 AM
Hello , i have Tapani 2.21.1 but it doesn't work...