PDA

View Full Version : English Premiership

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Scooterfan
02-03-12, 07:05 PM
Who's going to be Champions?
Who's going down?

March 10th will be a big weekend in the relegation battle, Wolves v Blackburn and Bolton v QPR.

ebfatz
02-03-12, 11:53 PM
Tyne/Wear Derby this weekend.
Big game for The Toon to keep us in touch with 4th.

Wezza
03-03-12, 07:43 PM
buzzing for 2moro to come, hopefully we will get the 3 points..

ebfatz
03-03-12, 08:36 PM
Chelsea and Liverpool results today leaves us a great chance of making up points.

Worried about the O'Neill factor a bit but that seems to have wained over the last couple of weeks.

Mervmeister
04-03-12, 03:36 PM
AVB sacked by Chelsea, Di Matteo appointed til end of season. Expensive appointment AVB was!!

Baz
04-03-12, 03:43 PM
AVB sacked by Chelsea, Di Matteo appointed til end of season. Expensive appointment AVB was!!

Very silly move, he inherited an aged squad from Ancelotti, who incidentally shouldn't have been sacked either, and had no chance to overhaul the squad and mold them to his liking. In all fairness, who'll want to take over Chelsea now?

Mervmeister
04-03-12, 03:47 PM
V.true indeed.
Barely got chance to ad his own players etc to the team.

Chelsea are past it, need total revamp.

Mark
05-03-12, 11:14 AM
He may have good "business" sense in that he's earned himself a fortune but business acumen for football clubs, he does not. Absolutely ridiculous decision.

Dermotron
05-03-12, 11:42 AM
Chelsea is such a posioned chalice now, all the money Abramovich has wont get him what he wants.

Di Matteo aint going to lift them to 4th either. AVB could have rebuilt the squad next season and really put his stamp on it by the following season.

Abramovich is such donkey really - make peace/bite his tongue with Mourinho, they'd have his precious UCL by now. Grant may been at the helm when they got to the 2008 final but it was Mourinho's team and with him at the helm they'd have probably won (not that I mind ;))

info0
05-03-12, 11:42 AM
Until that Russian clown is the chairman I would re-consider doing Chelsea job. What a short tempered asshole. AVB never really got a chance to manage the team as there are players who backstab and sabotage that team from behind the scenes. Even Chelsea fans should know about this (Terry, Cech, Drogba and probably few others).

Silly move as it was said that Chelsea needs complete overhaul. I am sad for players like Mata, Sturridge and co. because under AVB they could have shone :(.

Young is back in Man Utd... And we win away @Tottenham 3-1. Couldn't be more happy ^^.

Btw Wolves we're sinking, we're sinking to the league where we belong. ;)

Topofthekop
05-03-12, 11:49 AM
No surprise there, dont think he knows the word patience. Its not good to change managers every few months or seasons. As shown by Man united, Arsenal, Liverpool to an extent and a few other clubs if you keep faith and give them a chance then the club can reap the benefits of it.

Mark
05-03-12, 01:52 PM
I just can't get my head around why he would spend so much money to pay off Ancelotti and bring AVB to Chelsea, give him a project of overhauling the team and bring in younger players, yet sack him before the end of the first year.... Absolutely stupid and no manager in their right mind would want to be at Chelsea now....

Unless they fancy a nice payoff when they're sacked early.

ebfatz
05-03-12, 02:14 PM
Chelsea paid 13.3 million to Porto for Andre Villas-Boas and paid 10 million to sack him. IN 9 MONTHS! Money well spent.

ebfatz
05-03-12, 02:15 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea sack Roberto Di Matteo: 'He's yet to earn us a point and we are no closer to Champions League qualification'

Dermotron
05-03-12, 02:23 PM
Your HarryBow link in your signature brings you back to the old forum mate :ok:

ebfatz
05-03-12, 05:06 PM
Cheers boss!

In Prem news, Lee Cattermole is an absolute tool!!!

(As if people didn't know that already!)

Scooterfan
05-03-12, 10:30 PM
Ebfatz - really enjoyed the Tyne-Wear derby yesterday, a proper old school football match with everything. Cattermole set the tone after 40secs, and Tiote seemed to getaway with persistant fouling whilst everyone else was getting booked, no wonder Sunderland were getting frustrated. Second half you dominated, but I thought after the penalty miss Sunderland would hang on.

ebfatz
06-03-12, 12:43 AM
Was a great game wasn't it!
A proper derby like you say. Even the managers were going at it.
We were poor first half, really poor. Ben Arfa made a difference - not as much as some Newcastle fans would have you think.
Yeah he took the game to them but if he wasn't such a ballhog he could have laid on 3 goals to make it less tense.

The bad points were Ba's peno miss. He's come out and said he changed which side he was putting it last minute.
And Tiote's reaction for the sending off. Awful. Yeah go down to make sure Sessegnon gets what was due but he really didn't need to roll over so many times for such a light touch!

dubko
07-03-12, 06:13 PM
What happened here? Where are all threads?

Liverpool is going to be champs :D

AMC
07-03-12, 06:34 PM
New site mate, that's why you had to register again.

trevorplatt
11-03-12, 01:13 PM
To actually answer the initial questions, Man City will win it and I think Man U, Spurs and Robin Van Persie will complete the top four. As for the bottom... who the hell knows? At this point you could pull three of the five out of a hat... or better still just get rid of all five of them! Let's face it, Wigan just aren't good enough, Wolves (altough entertaining at times) aren't really good enough, QPR have tried to buy Premiership safety and failed, Venkeys deserve to be relegated for their perfect storm of arrogence and stupidity (sorry Blackburn Rovers FC and their supporters but even you know it's true), which leaves Bolton, the club which is best described as 'meh'. Will anybody really miss any of them?

Coys
11-03-12, 01:16 PM
The only club i will miss is Wigan.

Erkifino
11-03-12, 02:45 PM
The only club i will miss is Wigan.

Easy hunting ground for ye? :lol:

Redknapp69
12-03-12, 02:56 AM
Was at the Swansea v Man City game today and Swans were awesome! Our crowd was 12th Man and unbelievable atmos. Think that's us safe now
But even though I have a season ticket with them my actual team is Liverpool. Another fucking terrible league result. Seems like Kenny is determind to play Adam and Henderson in every game as if to justify that he bought them

I think Manure will win league and Wigan/Wolves/QPR will go down

trevorplatt
12-03-12, 07:54 PM
my actual team is Liverpool. Another fucking terrible league result.

My thoughts exactly. Still creating a shit load of chances, just can't put the sodding ball in the net.
I can't help but think that if Lucas was fit to play then Henderson would hardly get a look in. I don't get how Carroll can start to show some good form and then get dropped to the bench, he needs to be playing as often as possible. And considering Downing was bought for his crossing (specifically to Carroll) I don't get why the two aren't played together more often, with Downing actually being told to cross the ball into him. With Kuyt on the right instead of Henderson we would then have someone who is naturally looking to get into the box and get to the far post.

Scooterfan
12-03-12, 07:57 PM
We'll go down now, i've given up any hope. The club have dropped so many bollocks in the past few weeks, I'd even take Bruce as manager now.

One positive though is it's shown some of the idiots that Karl Henry is an important players for us - without him we lack fight, passion and determination.

Redknapp69
12-03-12, 11:04 PM
Some good points made there Trevor

Scooter - I take it your Wolves. You have some decent players but as you say seems to be feck all fight or organisation there

Bevchenko
12-03-12, 11:13 PM
Get in Arsenal!

ebfatz
12-03-12, 11:16 PM
Newcastle so close to holding out for a point there tonight.
Ends any faint hope of a top 4 finish now I'd say.
Need to keep going to secure a Europa place now.
Amazing that in August we were being talked about being in the relegation scrap.
Wherever we finish it has been well above most peoples expectations.

Scooterfan
12-03-12, 11:23 PM
Some good points made there Trevor

Scooter - I take it your Wolves. You have some decent players but as you say seems to be feck all fight or organisation there

In hindsight they should of either stuck with Mick until the end of the season (I believe he'd of kept us up) or sacked him in December. The decision to sack him and then offer Curbishley 400k until the end of the season when Hughes/O'Neill both got 3.6m per year contracts made us look small time, no wonder he turned us down flat. Terry Connor is a nice bloke and decent coach, but he's no Manager.

Everything went wrong in the Villa game, with Frimpong getting injured and Henry foolishly sent off it was the start of our demise after we played 45mins of the best football i've seen from Wolves in the EPL.

Unless somekind of dramatic turnaround happens we'll be in the Championship next season with a nice new stand and a massive bank balance bolstered by player sales no doubt.

Coys
12-03-12, 11:51 PM
Gutted. Thought Newcastle had done us a favour. Arsenal look like they will get 3rd now unless Spurs sort themselves out!

klosec12
12-03-12, 11:59 PM
So happy at the moment with The Toffees progress!
9 Games unbeaten and last 3 home league games have been wins over top 5 clubs:ok:
Moyes needs to be knighted for the work he has done at Goodison:hail:
Still in the hunt for a Europa spot but pretty unlikely still.
But Here comes Wembley! FA Cup Final still looking good if we can get past Sunderland.

Redknapp69
13-03-12, 12:00 AM
Yep - was a shit result for Liverpool as well - Arsenal gonna give 3rd a right go now!

Topofthekop
13-03-12, 12:25 AM
Liverpool have been shit all season, Apart from the odd game where they have looked good.

Is kenny's time up? In my opinion yes, The amount of money wasted is a travesty and the way the club handled the Suarez fiasco was nowt short of diabolical. Tactical wise I dont think he even knows what he wants the side to play like.

Dermotron
13-03-12, 12:47 AM
He's not a young manager either, so he should know who and what he wants by now. I think he was out of the game too long. After his motivational speeches wore out (ie last seasons improved) it was always a big risk that things would die down.

Half the problem is a lot of the new players are over awed by being at the club - Downing, Adam, Carroll, Henderson. That said with such a solid defense (last few weeks apart) and the amount if chances created ye should be a lot stronger points and position wise at the minute.

When the chances aren't going in, the focus shifts to the defence to keep up performance and pressure, expectancy and reliability which eventually will give in.

He has chopped and changed too much. Stick with Bellamy on the wing or upfront with Suarez or Kuyt with Suarez (which works well). Too many square pegs into round holes.

And even without Lucas, the big problem has been never replacing Alonso and playing essentially the same system

klosec12
13-03-12, 11:20 PM
So happy at the moment with The Toffees progress!
9 Games unbeaten and last 3 home league games have been wins over top 5 clubs:ok:
Moyes needs to be knighted for the work he has done at Goodison:hail:
Still in the hunt for a Europa spot but pretty unlikely still.
But Here comes Wembley! FA Cup Final still looking good if we can get past Sunderland.
:rant:
3-0 against Liverpool :tsk:
Streak is over ...

Fods
15-03-12, 04:15 AM
Mancini has declared there will be a new face at city soon, tevez has asked if he can have it!

Erkifino
16-03-12, 06:11 PM
Mancini has declared there will be a new face at city soon, tevez has asked if he can have it!
I heard there was gonna be a fight for it... between lescott and tevez! :lol:

ebfatz
17-03-12, 10:44 PM
Pray for Muamba.

Shocking scenes but he is an obviously a strong lad and is fighting like the ox.

Latest is he is stable in hospital.

info0
18-03-12, 09:21 AM
Newest information released to public is that he is in "critical" state. The stable thing was spreaded by Daily Mail, which is hardly believable source of news.

From medical point of view, after heart attack, you cannot have "stable" condition. Unless you stop erratic heart pulse, which means he will live. If not, it's the opposite. :(

Plus there is one more problem. The CPR is said to have lasted 5+ minutes. This is seriously bad news, because no-one knows how his brain will function after all that.

Those who have seen the scene cried. You rarely see players crying, but that happened. It didn't matter if they were Tottenham or Bolton players, both teams players were shocked. Plus crowd shouting Fabrice Muamba name was touching.

I hope he will be alright. He is way to young to go through all this shit :/.

ebfatz
18-03-12, 09:34 AM
Andrea Pirlo dedicated Juve's win yesterday to his wellbeing.
Shows how big the football family actually is when something like this happens.

Mate of mine is a Spurs fan, was there yesterday. He couldn't put into words how to describe that 10 minute period and the thought of someone (possibly) dying in front of him.

Must be so weird for the people at The Lane yesterday.

Mervmeister
18-03-12, 11:25 AM
They saying the next 24hours ae crucial to whether he'll make it through it or not.
I have real bad feeling about this :( Hope he'll be fine,23 is far too young and he a quality player.

Topofthekop
18-03-12, 12:44 PM
Football and rivalries dont matter when incidences like this happen, everything gets thrown out of the window. To hear the news and see the sad scenes of the medics carrying him out on a stretcher wasnt very nice. I pray that he makes a recovery and is able to live his life to the fullest.

God Speed Fabrice I hope you get well soon!

Redknapp69
22-03-12, 12:19 AM
I am so fucked off - how can we lose 3 goals in 15 mins to QPR?!
Kenny's interviews are starting to piss me off as well - why doesn't he just say defence was shit rather than 'unkucky'
Worst 53 I have spent as I had to sit in QPR stand!

info0
22-03-12, 06:44 AM
Arsenal were given points by ref yet again...

Everton goal was perfectly fine, absolutely no offside talk should be raised. Heh.

And :rofl: at King Kenny of Downward Spiral Daglish. 3-2 with QPR... Dear me, dear me :D.

klosec12
22-03-12, 08:34 AM
Didnt watch the Toffess game this morning so cant comment on it without being biest :ok:

ebfatz
22-03-12, 10:51 AM
Liverpool's demise certainly helps out Newcastle.
6th at the least could well be ours now!

In other news,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17455631

78 MINUTES!! That's mental!!

Mervmeister
22-03-12, 11:32 AM
Great interview with that doctor, deserves immense credit for his efforts.

Fods
22-03-12, 11:54 AM
Didnt watch the Toffess game this morning so cant comment on it without being biest :ok:

huh?

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4966/13027225.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/13027225.jpg/)

ebfatz
22-03-12, 01:29 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/22288199/die+Schne+und+das+Biest+0094635321821_M.jpg

:lol:

klosec12
23-03-12, 12:53 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/annefranks/ralph.jpg

Funniest things is, im top of my year for English, which includes spelling:lol:

AMC
23-03-12, 12:55 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f170/annefranks/ralph.jpg

Funniest things is, im top of my year for English, which includes spelling:lol:

That's "thing" and "I'm" :D

klosec12
23-03-12, 12:56 PM
Again, see Picture in my post.
Me failz Inglish. Mesa Not Vezy Gooad At Spellimg.
:rofl:

AMC
23-03-12, 12:57 PM
I wonm't correct that one :D

klosec12
23-03-12, 12:59 PM
I wonm't correct that one :D
I think you mean "won't" :ok:

AMC
23-03-12, 01:01 PM
I see you spotted it :D

Dermotron
24-03-12, 08:41 PM
Stoke :)

Erkifino
24-03-12, 09:08 PM
Well in Crouch!

Mark
27-03-12, 11:32 AM
Crouchy for England! Seriously though, show me a striker who deserves to be ahead of him and I'll prove you wrong!

Top English Goalscorers

Wayne Rooney (21) - Obviously our best striker but is suspended for the first two games.
Danny Graham (10) - Not even capped and only in his first year in the EPL.
Grant Holt (10) - See above, plus is getting on.
Darren Bent (9) - Would have been on the plane imo but has suffered a bad injury, will he be fit in time for the Euros?
Jermain Defoe (9) - The most natural finisher but Harry doesn't like playing him in every game, should still go through imo.
Daniel Sturridge (9) - Great player and the future of our front line, will probably go.
Peter Crouch (7) - LEGEND. 12 goals in all competitions but only 7 in the league yet he still comes up with the goods. International record speaks for itself.
Danny Welbeck (7) - Like Sturridge, will probably be on the plane.
Bobby Zamora (7) - Made the mistake in moving to QPR and a relegation battle, not sure if he's even scored since leaving Fulham.
Gabriel Agbonlahor (5) - Too injury prone and hasn't scored enough goals this season.

No sign of Heskey, Carroll, Owen or Johnson in the scoring charts - Not even managed 5 goals.

Topofthekop
27-03-12, 01:16 PM
Crouchy for England! Seriously though, show me a striker who deserves to be ahead of him and I'll prove you wrong!

Top English Goalscorers

Wayne Rooney (21) - Obviously our best striker but is suspended for the first two games.
Danny Graham (10) - Not even capped and only in his first year in the EPL.
Grant Holt (10) - See above, plus is getting on.
Darren Bent (9) - Would have been on the plane imo but has suffered a bad injury, will he be fit in time for the Euros?
Jermain Defoe (9) - The most natural finisher but Harry doesn't like playing him in every game, should still go through imo.
Daniel Sturridge (9) - Great player and the future of our front line, will probably go.
Peter Crouch (7) - LEGEND. 12 goals in all competitions but only 7 in the league yet he still comes up with the goods. International record speaks for itself.
Danny Welbeck (7) - Like Sturridge, will probably be on the plane.
Bobby Zamora (7) - Made the mistake in moving to QPR and a relegation battle, not sure if he's even scored since leaving Fulham.
Gabriel Agbonlahor (5) - Too injury prone and hasn't scored enough goals this season.

No sign of Heskey, Carroll, Owen or Johnson in the scoring charts - Not even managed 5 goals.

Always liked crouch.. He took time to settle at liverpool but he always added another dimension to our attacks, Was rather sad to see him leave and then spend a lot of time on Spurs bench. I'll always remember him for his perfect hat trick against Arsenal and his scissor kicks he scored! Definitely deserves a place in that squad ahead of Sturridge and Welbeck.

AMC
27-03-12, 01:43 PM
I think only four will be taken, with Walcott selected as right mid, but could play up top in an emergency). If it was me I'd take Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and Sturridge (assuming Bent is still out), although I think it'll be Rooney, Defoe and 2 from Crouch, Sturridge and Welbeck.

All depends on the new manager though.

Coys
27-03-12, 01:56 PM
People seem to forget about Carroll and what he offers. Sure he hasn't done that well at Liverpool, but he was great for newcastle and hasn't really been given much of a chance of late. I'd take him simply because he offers something different and although crouch is tall he is actually better with his feet than his head.

For me:

Rooney
Carroll
Welbeck
Defoe

Walcott and Sturridge included as winger / striker

Mark
27-03-12, 01:57 PM
Those would be my four as well with Walcott in the group as a midfielder. Definitely be Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and then 1 of Sturridge or Welbeck.

Course, Crouch will get nowhere near it.

I haven't forgotten Carroll but he just doesn't warrant a spot at all. I actually do rate him and if he had actually scored the odd goal every few weeks, then maybe he'd get the nod but he's just not done enough.

AMC
27-03-12, 02:02 PM
If Harry takes over I think there's a good chance Crouch will go, he was disappointed when he left for Stoke but understood he couldn't stand in his way. He also had him at Portsmouth (and maybe Southampton) so he's obviously a fan.

Different option as well if we want to go direct late on, even though he isn't a classic target man he'll still course trouble with his height.

Coys
27-03-12, 02:03 PM
That is exactly why i think Carroll would be a better option than Crouch.

AMC
27-03-12, 02:06 PM
If he was playing and in form than as a target man then probably yes, but he's not even getting a regular game so I can't see how he gets in the squad.

Mark
27-03-12, 02:07 PM
Except Carroll isn't a patch on Crouch. Like I said, he's not done the business at all this season and is unproven at international level. Crouch has bagged 12 goals to date and has an exceptional record internationally.

Maybe in the future, Carroll will be the new 'Crouch' for England. But as I said, he's not even an option imo.

Spudiator
27-03-12, 02:48 PM

I disagree. If you look at Crouch's international goalscoring record, almost every goal he's got has come against very poor opposition, and when he's been played against genuine quality opposition he's been notably anonymous. Personally I think he's utterly overrated, I honestly cannot see what everyone seems to see in him, plus he's already 31 so he's not exactly one for the future! I don't see the point in including him in the Euros, we're not gonna win anyway, so why not use them as a chance to blood in some of the younger players with the pressure off? If it was me, I'd take Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge and Welbeck.

Mark
27-03-12, 03:45 PM
I've heard that argument before and it's a load of bull:

1 - Uruguay
1 - Hungary
3 - Jamaica
1 - Trinidad & Tobago
2 - Greece
2 - Andorra
1 - Macedonia
1 - Estonia
1 - Austria
1 - Croatia
1 - Ukraine
1 - Andorra
2 - Belarus
2 - Egypt
1 - Mexico
1 - France

I was hardly class Uruguay, Croatia, Ukraine, Mexico and France as "very poor opposition". In fact, I wouldn't even put Greece and Austria in that group! Sure, the likes of Andorra and Egypt you'd be expected to score against but how many strikers have played against that type of opposition and failed to score. What matters is that he can score and has proven it. If you came up with similar statistics for the other English strikers, I'd be willing to bet Crouch still has the better record.

ebfatz
27-03-12, 03:59 PM
Nothing wrong with Egypt.
How many times they won the African Nations?
They are a decent side.

Mark
27-03-12, 04:08 PM
There you go! That's the thing, how many strikers have failed on the international scene? It doesn't matter who they play against, it's still a matter of pulling on that England shirt and doing yourself proud and I think Crouch can be proud.

Dermotron
27-03-12, 04:14 PM
Who else is going to do the robot!!!!

http://strackattack.com/gifs/crouch%20robot.gif

ebfatz
27-03-12, 04:20 PM
At the moment, I would probably go with Crouch if it was a choice between him and Carroll.
Carroll is so out of form at the moment that it would be worthless taking him.

I've said it on here many times but Carroll was brilliant at Newcastle because we deliberately put the ball on his head.
Liverpool try to play pass and move which couldn't be further from his forte.
Unless England choose a manager that will play natural wingers who will consistently cross for a big forward I wouldn't take either of them, not even for an impact sub.

Rooney, Defoe, Bent (if fit), Sturridge, Walcott.
If Bent isn't fit I'd pick another midfielder. We've got enough who can play off a forward. Young, Andy Johnson, Lampard, Gerrard so add the player in midfield.

ZanSnake
27-03-12, 04:30 PM
Rooney, Defoe, Sturridge and Welbeck.

Two main class strikers, with Welbeck and Sturridge adding the eagerness of the younger generation as well as more depth tactically (Sturridge could be deployed on the right wing, and Welbeck as a second striker (or whatever)).

Mervmeister
27-03-12, 05:08 PM
Holt (non biased) is better option than crouch. Has sooooo much to his game, and his hold up play and goals return speak for itself.
He has proved people wrong at every level he has played at. Although if I am honest I wouldn't take him and definately wouldn't take Crouch.
Rooney, Welbeck, Bent (if fit), Sturridge for me. Defoe wouldn't get a look in either. If Bent won't be fit then i'd prob take a punt on Defoe

Redknapp69
28-03-12, 01:01 AM
I ain't English but think they should take Rooney, Defoe, Crouch and Sturridge

ebfatz
30-03-12, 08:45 PM
Like I said when it happened, this guy must have strength of 10!!
To have what happened and then look like this!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=5raha.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

AMC
30-03-12, 08:51 PM
Like I said when it happened, this guy must have strength of 10!!

I'd say at least strength 20 mate.

ebfatz
30-03-12, 11:53 PM
Oh in CM terms, he's at least a 40!

Erkifino
31-03-12, 11:27 AM
127!

wato20
03-04-12, 10:28 AM
My top 5.
And Bottom 3.

Man Utd
Man City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Chelsea

To be relegated:

QPR
Wigan
Wolves

ebfatz
03-04-12, 11:12 AM
If Newcastle can get a win at Swansea on Friday night, it could be a huge psychological advantage with Spurs to go to Sunderland the next day.
Chelsea should beat Bolton, then Arsenal possibly to lose to Man C on the Sunday. so it could open it all up for 4th. Even 3rd.
Then it's anyone's for the taking.

On the other hand, Swansea are quality at home so may never happen!!

Topofthekop
03-04-12, 11:24 AM
The following table is damning indication as to how shit Liverpool have been since the start of the year. On current form we sit in relegation zone with wolves and QPR. Our form is utterly diabolical and I actually fear for our future with the current management team in charge, It sadly reminds me of the tenure of woy hodgson. The signings that were made just have not worked out for whatever reason (my opinion is that most of them are shit) not including Enrique or suarez who have been the only two signings that have worked out to some extent. Given the current state of the squad I actually fear that come next season we could be dragged into a relegation fight should the same shit be at the club as well as the current manager.

Erkifino
03-04-12, 12:57 PM
But ye could end up with 2 trophies? Fact is ye've nothing to play for in the league, already in the Europa.
All those stats that pop up are pointless, form since the start of the year? If matches were only 1 min long, every game would end in a draw! I wouldn't get worried just yet.
I do think Kenny should go back upstairs and after Slaven Bilic's murmurs, consider him. Comolli, I will admit, was a shock to me as I thought he wasted mass amounts of money at Spurs. Seems to be following suit at Liverpool.

wato20
03-04-12, 01:02 PM
Yes, Liverpool are shit...

And by saying that Enrique and Suarez have been good and worked out is bad judgement.

Enrique was good for 5 or 6 months, but he's been sloppy for the last 2 or 3 months.

Suarez looks a good player, but he hasnt quite got it to be at the top level...

His goal scoring record for Liverpool shows that.
11 league goals in 40 games for Liverpool is not good enough.

I think the next manager at Liverpool needs a big clearout, surely a new manager will be installed in the Summer.
They cant be thinking Kenny will make it better next season.
Liverpool are about 3 points off 12th in the table. and i wouldnt put it past them to finish in the bottom half this season.

So yes.
New Manager. AVB?
Sell Henderson (7m), Carroll (12m), Adam (4m), Downing (8m) get in about 32 Million for them lot..

Add that to the 35 million they are going to invest.
70 mill to spend.

Then they Mite have a chance at top 6...

Otherwise. Another season midtable mediocrity.....

Erkifino
03-04-12, 01:11 PM
Lucas is a major loss to them this year. Adam burned himself out at the start of the season (so did Enrique). Spearing was chasing shadows the last day. Midfield is over run.
Henderson needs time, Carroll needs a kick up the arse, Downing needs shooting lessons and personally I think Suarez should be sold. He's not a nice guy, and you could make a tidy profit on him and bring in possibly 2 decent strikers, not somebody with "potential".

ebfatz
03-04-12, 01:12 PM
Like anyone would pay 12m for Carroll! :slap: :lol:

ebfatz
03-04-12, 01:13 PM
Agreed on selling Suarez.
I don't like the guy either.
And for the money you would get for him you could buy a couple of decent players.

Or use it to pay compo to a team who's manager you poach!

wato20
03-04-12, 01:15 PM
Eb Fatz... gutted to hear ur a newcastle fan.. Hate them....
But i think i hate Liverpool slightly more....

I think Newcastle mite go back for Carroll when someone takes Demba Ba from u..

Although he's not been the same player since u signed Cisse.....
hmm...

I hope you finish 6th...

ebfatz
03-04-12, 01:23 PM
Why do you hate Newcastle?
Only the Mackems hate Newcastle!

Ba is playing deeper now.
Not sure why.
You would have seen it against 'Pool.
Playing behind out to the left. He's willing to do it for the team though which is good and says to me that he is happy with us.
If he wasn't he'd be kicking off that he can't score so many from deeper.

Buying Carroll back is against the remit that the chairman has now laid down.
He's going to invest millions in the youth setup and we seem to be the Arsene Wenger trick of buy young players with potential. One's with a sell on value.

I hope we finish 3rd!!!

wato20
03-04-12, 01:34 PM
Here is my Final League Table...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6978/tabf.png

u can do yours at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

youngwolf
03-04-12, 02:15 PM
All of that is ruined by saying Wolves will get a point, we are more likely to get minus for being so shit.

Coys
03-04-12, 02:29 PM
Here is my Final League Table...

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6978/tabf.png

u can do yours at

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

Oh how i wish this comes true...

Redknapp69
03-04-12, 05:54 PM
I was at the Swansea v Spurs game and deservedly lost. We sung them off the park tho!

With regards to my beloved Liverpool if we win the FA Cup then league position this year is irrelevant. If not then I am worried! Carroll needs run of games and service
Downing needs to provide better service and fuckibg shoot straight!
Adam needs to stop giving yellow cards and get early season firm back.
Henderson needs to play CM or don't play him. Enrique has been fishy last month or 2
Suarez needs to hit target instead of post and stop being a cunt!

Spudiator
03-04-12, 08:01 PM
I'd be very surprised if Liverpool won the FA Cup, in fact with Reina suspended I'd be surprised if they even got past Everton in the semi-final. I personally reckon it'll be Everton v Tottenham for the final, and that Everton might just about edge it. Oh and as for Erkifino's comment about making a tidy profit on Suarez if Liverpool sell him, I'm not convinced they would do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Liverpool paid almost 23million for Suarez, and apart from his first couple of months, he hasn't exactly set the Premier League alight with his performances, between that and the racism stuff he went through, I'd be surprised if Liverpool even made their money back selling him, let alone a profit!

nirvana
06-04-12, 12:21 PM
Suarez would fetch at least 30m on an open market. No one is desperate to sell and the only way he'll be leaving is if a club tries to come in for him. Makes a difference on market value. I Personally think he will stay and start scoring the easy chances he misses between every great goal scored every 4 games or so. Class player.

Huge losses on Downing, Carroll & Henderson, the latter has age on his side and might stay for now. Adam they might break even on.

Coys
06-04-12, 06:22 PM
Newcastle need to stop winning :(

ebfatz
06-04-12, 07:39 PM
Newcastle need to stop winning :(

Wasn't expecting much today.
Over to Chelsea and Spurs to match us now. No pressure!!!

Mervmeister
09-04-12, 04:59 PM
What a cracking perfromance from Norwich, Ruddy had to make one real save all game, other than that we bossed it. Great result at White Hart Lane that!!

ebfatz
09-04-12, 05:25 PM
Certainly was. Has done Newcastle a massive favour. From what I've heard Spurs were poor today.
Wigan to beat Chelsea later now!!

Ben Arfa's goal by the way :hail:

Downside was Demba Ba having a bit of a strop after being brought off.

Redknapp69
09-04-12, 08:09 PM
Newcastle looking good for 4th the way they are playing!
We better fucking beat blackburn tomorrow although guess he'll rest a few as if we don't win the semi final he's under mahoosive pressure

Redknapp69
09-04-12, 08:10 PM
My Swans need to start sorting themselves out as well - taken foot off since hitting 39 points - they could have had an outside chance if Europe as well!

Mervmeister
09-04-12, 08:29 PM
Swans top of fair play league any way tho?

Redknapp69
09-04-12, 08:49 PM
Do they still give a euro place for that? Would very happily do a euro jaunt!

Mark
10-04-12, 10:34 AM
Same with Stoke, once we've hit the 40 points, we've taken our foot off the gas. For once, I just want us to finish in the top 10 which we failed to do last year. Sure, we've managed to get a point at Villa and 3 points against Wolves but we could have gone up to 7th yesterday had we won.

Coys
10-04-12, 05:56 PM
We are doing a classic spurs :)

But i wouldn't have it any other way. The ups and downs of being a football fan is what makes even more exciting.

Now we really get to see how much bottle the likes of Bale and Modric have and how good we really are as a team.

Redknapp69
11-04-12, 01:56 AM
Didn't see the game but thank feck we beat Blackburn!

klosec12
11-04-12, 03:42 AM
4-0 over Sunderland... EPIC WIN!
bring on Wembley and The Kop:D

Looking destined for that coveted 7th spot and a FA Cup final against Chelsea, a rematch of the 2009 Final.

Famous last words though...:lol:

info0
11-04-12, 05:26 AM
Anyone watched Liverpool game?

Thought that Liverpool should be finishing the game with 8 people. 2 red cards should have been shown in 1st half (one was given :D).

In 2nd half GK once again brought down player in penalty area in clear goal situation... No red card.

Of course it goes the same to Blackburn. Dirty game.

Be glad you beat Blackburn though as there is still possibility you may finish outside 8 :P.

Spudiator
11-04-12, 09:36 AM
Haven't seen the highlights yet, but "King" Kenny made himself look an utter tit yet again in the post-match interview:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7664284/Kenny-tight-lipped-on-Doni-red

Topofthekop
11-04-12, 01:02 PM
So because he refused to comment on it that makes him a tit?

Some people are unbelievable, Why should he be made to make a comment on it? Its not a law that he has to. Stop the fucking witch hunt and leave the dumb ass comments out.

Back to the game, Yes definite red card for first GK sending off, Flanagan first booking was a little harsh and the 2nd tackle which could have got him a second yellow if the ref had deemed it to be a bad foul was 50/50 and if any player had not attempted to make a tackle in that situation then why the hell are they playing in the first place! As for Jones foul on Yakubu for the 2nd penalty, I didnt see it properly when it happened and from the replays he was lucky but at the same time I did think think Yakubu made a meal out of it considering he aint exactly a lightweight he went down easily (like any player in that situation would have)....

To me it wasnt really a dirty match, Just the ref chose to pull out his cards at every chance he got, It kinda spoiled it in a way. Except blackburn couldnt kill us off and up pops the big donkey with a priceless winner. I aint his biggest fan and was fuming at the free header he planted wide earlier in the game but he came up with the goods when needed for once!

Spudiator
11-04-12, 01:23 PM
It wasn't just about refusing to comment, it's that he does this a little too often, putting on an aggressive front any time he's asked an awkward question, that and wandering halfway off-camera to say hello to someone else in the middle of an interview, that seems a bit disrespectful. He just comes across as a little bit too petulant for my liking.

Dermotron
11-04-12, 01:42 PM
His problem now is that he's easy to get to in an interview and everyone put in front of him is going to try. It was obvious the guy with the mike was angling for a reaction but only cos he knew he'd get it.

Topofthekop
11-04-12, 01:45 PM
It wasn't just about refusing to comment, it's that he does this a little too often, putting on an aggressive front any time he's asked an awkward question, that and wandering halfway off-camera to say hello to someone else in the middle of an interview, that seems a bit disrespectful. He just comes across as a little bit too petulant for my liking.

Fergie refusing to do interviews with the BBC for years because they caught his son doing dodgy stuff isnt being petulant? Wenger, Mourinho and many other managers have all done similar things during interviews. Not one person is perfect!! Enough of the witch hunt, just concentrate on your own club and when they are "perfect" then maybe you or anyone else could have cause to make such damning accusations

Fods
11-04-12, 02:05 PM
Gotta admit Top, the Interview does look pretty bad and the walking off camera mid interview is bang out of line!

ebfatz
11-04-12, 03:21 PM
Kenny's got beef with the interviewer. Carragher had a pop at the same guy after the Carling Cup Final coz he asked if his career was winding down.
The interviewer was also part of the Andy Gray/Richard Keys scandal so I don't think he's universally liked!

Craig Forrest
11-04-12, 03:29 PM
Anyone watched Liverpool game?

Thought that Liverpool should be finishing the game with 8 people. 2 red cards should have been shown in 1st half (one was given :D).

In 2nd half GK once again brought down player in penalty area in clear goal situation... No red card.

Of course it goes the same to Blackburn. Dirty game.

Be glad you beat Blackburn though as there is still possibility you may finish outside 8 :P.

That's the problem.... it wasn't a "goal scoring opportunity"... Jones brought down the player as he and the ball were heading away from the goal.... definite yellow, definite PK, but not a clear-cut goal scoring opportunity IMO

and as a United fan, I'm not being biased here for Liverpool :P

Craig Forrest
11-04-12, 03:32 PM
To me it wasnt really a dirty match, Just the ref chose to pull out his cards at every chance he got, It kinda spoiled it in a way. Except blackburn couldnt kill us off and up pops the big donkey with a priceless winner. I aint his biggest fan and was fuming at the free header he planted wide earlier in the game but he came up with the goods when needed for once!

I think he tripped going into the box and the ball took a lucky bounce off his head as he was falling :D

Topofthekop
11-04-12, 04:40 PM
I think he tripped going into the box and the ball took a lucky bounce off his head as he was falling :D

:lol: sounds about right :D

Topofthekop
11-04-12, 04:42 PM
That's the problem.... it wasn't a "goal scoring opportunity"... Jones brought down the player as he and the ball were heading away from the goal.... definite yellow, definite PK, but not a clear-cut goal scoring opportunity IMO

and as a United fan, I'm not being biased here for Liverpool :P

Thats what the commentators were saying "not a red due to player moving away from the goal with Coates coming into the balls path too. But even still what the fekk was he thinking taking too much time to get into that much trouble, he should have just launched into touch if in doubt or behind for a corner, then when it went back up in the air he had to have know yakubu would contest it so should have just pushed behind for a corner

Redknapp69
11-04-12, 04:57 PM
Haven't seen the interview but if it's Andy Burton then he's a first class tosser

After the Suarez handshake I think Kenny is reluctant to speak on subjects now until he's seen a replay of it

He's just protecting the team and that's his priority. I would prefer him to be more honest like 'arry for example but if he starts slagging off players and saying the team played shite in public then that doesn't help. So I guess he's trying to keep things behind closed doors (more of the 'Liverpool Way' before the Suarez debacle)

Anyway, sounds like the team played shit, may have got a couple of lucky decisions - but if that was a team at the top of the league then they would be praised for gutsing out a performance!

YNWA :)

ebfatz
11-04-12, 08:54 PM
It is Andy Burton.

Topofthekop
12-04-12, 03:53 PM
Commoli gone at last, wasnt a big fan of him coming into the club and it has showed that it just aint worked so far. Good riddance I say.... Now who is next out the door?

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z281/welshy77/freshprince.gif

Redknapp69
12-04-12, 04:58 PM
No more going according to Chairman statement

BeezerCeltic1967
15-04-12, 10:52 AM
just seen the highlights of Norwich v man shitty,
once again the norwich keeper throws some in the net, are people for real claiming he is a future england gk??? i think he is terrible.

ebfatz
15-04-12, 06:42 PM
Ruddy? England? New one on me! Haven't heard that one bandied about.
Don't think anyone is shifting Hart for a good decade anyway unless they are the worlds best keeper so it's a race to be no 2.
Fraser Forster will be in the mix in years to come.
In a way, I don't want Celtic to buy him permanently as I don't think enough of our fans have seen enough of him to know how good he is.
On the other hand, with Krul established and playing well, he may not get a chance if he stays.

Tough call.

Dermotron
15-04-12, 07:26 PM
Heard that about Ruddy too, seems like a crazy choice if he is, must be 8 ahead of him surely

Patinoz
15-04-12, 07:33 PM
Don't think anyone is shifting Hart for a good decade anyway

lets wait for the EURO to finish first. you can never be sure with english keeper

Mervmeister
15-04-12, 07:36 PM
Ruddy has been awesome for us this season. Had a mare yesterday but all GK's have those days. With a real shoddy defense in front of him he has been quality.
For me 1. Hart 2. Ruddy 3. Forster

Had Forster on loan at Norwich previously and he is a v.good GK. Having seen both many times tho Ruddy edges it. Forster is too prone to rushing out and mistimng collections etc which then lead to pens, done that a few times.

ebfatz
15-04-12, 11:18 PM

lets wait for the EURO to finish first. you can never be sure with english keeper

He could have a shocker but he still won't be shifted. He's had one of the 'big' club so will be picked ahead of others.

shikaka
16-04-12, 09:09 AM
just seen the highlights of Norwich v man shitty,
once again the norwich keeper throws some in the net, are people for real claiming he is a future england gk??? i think he is terrible.

English goalkeepers are chosen because they do silly things.
Seriously, who was the last english goalie who didn't make laughable mistakes? Gordon Banks?

nirvana
16-04-12, 09:27 AM
Who was the last goalkeeper that didn't make laughable mistakes?

youngwolf
16-04-12, 10:15 AM
English goalkeepers are chosen because they do silly things.
Seriously, who was the last english goalie who didn't make laughable mistakes? Gordon Banks?

Matthew Murray

Mark
16-04-12, 10:43 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/5/13/128866934561892071.jpg

Scooterfan
16-04-12, 10:19 PM
Fuck the football, atleast the Stadium is coming along nicely..

Out with the old

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1458/01northbank230520111.jpg

In with the new

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4994/camputer120414l.jpg

Erkifino
16-04-12, 10:56 PM
\Nice one scoot! :ok:
How much did the capacity increase?

Scooterfan
17-04-12, 06:34 AM
It'll go up to about 31,700 for next season. I think the new stand's capacity was meant to be 7,700 but I've told it has nearer 8,000 seats now (Away fans will be seated in the corner bit)

Mark
17-04-12, 10:27 AM
Problem is, you can bet that the hierarchy only planned for the expansion based on staying in the Premiership. Stoke have looked into it a few times but decided they want to establish themselves properly in the EPL first, not just after 2 seasons!

PS, this picture should be in the Championship thread seeing as it'll be a Championship stand for next year!

nirvana
17-04-12, 12:15 PM
Wolves will be back up, they always do. I'm sure I read they done most of the stadium with money that could have been spent on improving the team too, so good forward thinking there, unlike when they sacked big Mick for some coach that no one knows.

ebfatz
17-04-12, 12:27 PM
20 Years of the Premier League Voting (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/20-seasons.html)

Tough choices.

Scooterfan
17-04-12, 12:49 PM
Problem is, you can bet that the hierarchy only planned for the expansion based on staying in the Premiership. Stoke have looked into it a few times but decided they want to establish themselves properly in the EPL first, not just after 2 seasons!

PS, this picture should be in the Championship thread seeing as it'll be a Championship stand for next year!

Stoke don't need a stadium expansion, you used to get gates of 12,000 in the Championship, we'll be averaging another 25,000 odd next season again.

http://www.uploadup.com/di-V05X.png

Mark
17-04-12, 01:13 PM
Stoke don't need a stadium expansion, you used to get gates of 12,000 in the Championship, we'll be averaging another 25,000 odd next season again.

http://www.uploadup.com/di-V05X.png

Hook... Line....

Only winding you up mate. If we continue to reach near max. capacities in the next 3 years as well as remain in the league, then I'm sure we'll go along the same route as yourselves.

Mark
17-04-12, 01:14 PM
20 Years of the Premier League Voting (http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/20-seasons.html)

Tough choices.

Some tough choices indeed, the Newcastle 5-0 with Albert's goal will always stand out for me. In fact, most of the votes I've made are based on the older days of the EPL. They just seemed more... magical somehow.

ebfatz
17-04-12, 01:24 PM
Love that Albert goal.
They've chosen the wrong Yeboah goal in my opinion.
Should have gone with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBnKu5bnCE

Thought the Newcastle Liverpool 4-3 would be a shoe in for greatest game, but there are some great ones listed.

cmackem
17-04-12, 01:25 PM
Very hard to pick those. Think it is really difficult to put 20 seasons worth of Premier League football into so few choices. Even with the team at the end, picking 11 players was tough.

shikaka
17-04-12, 01:30 PM
Very hard to pick those. Think it is really difficult to put 20 seasons worth of Premier League football into so few choices. Even with the team at the end, picking 11 players was tough.

It was quite easy for me :D

Friedel - Dixon, Desailly, Vidic, Pearce - Ronaldo, Vieira, Scholes, Giggs - Henry, Bergkamp

It was not easy only in a few positions:
Friedel or Given
Vidic or Ferdinand
And generally right back (no world class at all)

wato20
17-04-12, 01:37 PM
Schmichael

Neville
Ferdinand
Desailly
Cole

Beckham
Scholes
Keane
Giggs

Cantona
Shearer

I wanted to put Ronaldo in, but he wasnt here long enough.
I put Shearer in rather than Henry, just cos Shearer scored more.

Got to be Schmicheal in net.

Neville or Dixon - tough one.
Ferdinand ahead of Vidic as was class for a lot longer.

Keane, Scholes and Giggs pick themselves.

cmackem
17-04-12, 01:39 PM
It was quite easy for me :D

Friedel - Dixon, Desailly, Vidic, Pearce - Ronaldo, Vieira, Scholes, Giggs - Henry, Bergkamp

It was not easy only in a few positions:
Friedel or Given
Vidic or Ferdinand
And generally right back (no world class at all)

I agree the right backs in the Premiership have been poor when you look back. A problem we have majorly for the national side.

I couldn't look past Peter Schmeichel as the keeper? Do you think he was over rated looking back?

I had Roy Keane in my centre midfield with Vieira, that is probably a bit defensive looking at it.

Plus Thierry Henry has to be in the side, best striker the league has seen by far.

Fods
17-04-12, 01:58 PM
I agree the right backs in the Premiership have been poor when you look back. A problem we have majorly for the national side.

I couldn't look past Peter Schmeichel as the keeper? Do you think he was over rated looking back?

I had Roy Keane in my centre midfield with Vieira, that is probably a bit defensive looking at it.

Plus Thierry Henry has to be in the side, best striker the league has seen by far.

:slap:

shikaka
17-04-12, 02:13 PM

I don't think he was overrated, he became a world class keeper.
Just that I think Friedel was better in general.

To me Vieira was one of the best defensive midfielders I have ever saw (during his time in Arsenal).
Noone in england even comes close to him (full europe there are a few: Redondo, Mauro Silva, Effenberg, Guardiola, Davids, Simeone)

The other spot made me think a bit more, but I think Scholes is the best (most talented) premiership midfielder since Gascoigne.

Henry was a sure pick for me as well, the other spot was not really but I chose Bergkamp over Zola in the end. (I didn't consider the others)
Yes, Cantona, Fowler and Wright are legends, but as a player Bergkamp and Henry were simply better.

Mervmeister
17-04-12, 02:20 PM
Some gr8 ones, soooo hard to choose.
Some of my choices......

Goal - Yeboah. Some gr8 ones, mainly Yeboah, Beckham, Cantona and Di Canio ones stuck in my head. But remember watching Yeboah do that type of goal twice in a season and left me speechless.

Game - Necastle 5-0

Save - Kuszcazk v WBA. I love Schmeichel and have seen his best save vids 100's of times. These 2 are poor choices, made many many better ones!!

Mervmeister
17-04-12, 02:23 PM
However bloody hard was Strikers and Mids in team choice!!

Mervmeister
17-04-12, 02:26 PM
Schmichael

Neville
Adams
Desailly
Cole

Ronaldo
Scholes
Le Tissier
Giggs

Henry
Shearer

wato20
17-04-12, 03:16 PM
Schmichael's 1st save was best...
The others were either saveable, or it just hit the keeper, who happened to be in the right place...

Goal - i had to give it to Le Tiss..
There have been better goals, but the panel who chose the top 10 seemed to pick one off wonder strikes, rather than team goals, or ultimate skill.

Shearer and Yeboah's blasts are when u get a striker just running onto the volley or thumping it in.
Like Crouch's from this season, some times they go in.. but mostly its just luck.
Hence Le Tissier's 1st one in the list was the best..

Game - While a lot of great games. I wouldnt give it to a 1 sided match like the 5-0, or 8-2, or the 6-1.

cmackem
17-04-12, 04:48 PM
:slap:

I obviously didn't think he was or he wouldn't be in my side would he! Eeesh.

Spudiator
17-04-12, 09:40 PM
As far as the best goal goes, it's a tough pick. Loyalty says the Beckham 57-yarder, but for pure magic it just has to be Di Canio's scissor kick, mainly because I think that one would be the single most difficult goal to ever replicate!

I was a bit surprised that Nani didn't get a nomination for goal celebrations though. Some of Lomano LuaLua's flips were spectacular, but Nani's by comparison were gravity-defyingly fantastic!

Fods
18-04-12, 08:24 AM
I obviously didn't think he was or he wouldn't be in my side would he! Eeesh.

good pt :ok:

churky
18-04-12, 02:15 PM
Poor quality, but worth your time if you haven't seen it. A really good analysis of modern football "plague".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNx5ok60U6A&feature=player_embedded#!

Fods
18-04-12, 02:27 PM
great quality vid, take that yourself ?

Fods
18-04-12, 02:42 PM
Great clip actually :ok:

youngwolf
18-04-12, 06:49 PM
In with the new

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4994/camputer120414l.jpg

Looks great. Personally, with a year of lower attendances anyway next season I think we should have gone ahead with the rebuilding of the Steve Bull. We can't leave it too long beacuase the North Bank will start to look silly!

nirvana
18-04-12, 07:09 PM
Whilst I enjoyed Neville's piece on diving on Monday night. I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy of how it's all come about. It's no surprise this condoning of diving has came now, after English players have been caught red handed three weeks running. (Carroll, Young x2). Something tells me the show wouldn't have been the same if it had been, say Nani, van Persie, Torres, Suarez or Gervinho etc. You know, those naughty foreigners that are ruining the game!

Scooterfan
18-04-12, 07:18 PM
Looks great. Personally, with a year of lower attendances anyway next season I think we should have gone ahead with the rebuilding of the Steve Bull. We can't leave it too long beacuase the North Bank will start to look silly!

The decision to not carry on is bizarre, would of been ideal next season whilst in the Championship as we'd of been limited to about 22,500 which probably would of been fine for the first part of the season the bottom tier of the new SB stand would of probably been ready after Xmas giving us enough seats to go past 30,000.

I feel it's going to be left now for years and become like the 80s with a stand out of place.

dubko
20-04-12, 04:01 PM
Whilst I enjoyed Neville's piece on diving on Monday night. I can't help but laugh at the hypocrisy of how it's all come about. It's no surprise this condoning of diving has came now, after English players have been caught red handed three weeks running. (Carroll, Young x2). Something tells me the show wouldn't have been the same if it had been, say Nani, van Persie, Torres, Suarez or Gervinho etc. You know, those naughty foreigners that are ruining the game!

Great post. I will never forget what the show was when Eduardo da Silva did that. He was almost crucified

ebfatz
22-04-12, 06:04 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s320x320/577773_3888604460448_1439060875_33767823_704253808 _n.jpg

klosec12
23-04-12, 12:44 AM
What a game last night. 1-0 Everton, 1-1, 2-1 Man Utd, 3-1 Man Utd, 3-2 Man Utd, 4-2 Man Utd, 4-3 Man Utd, 4-4
Great game!

Fods
23-04-12, 12:46 AM
Was a god game mate, fair play to Everton, think they only had a couple shots in that second half and seemed to score every time.. Shocking defending by Evans for Fellaini's but apart from that deserved point, lacklustre from United which has probably cost us the title.

klosec12
23-04-12, 01:12 AM
I must say though, Pienaars goal was weak as. At least De Gea or Evans should have got to that, way too easy goal.

Redknapp69
23-04-12, 07:22 AM
Great Everton comeback!

Liverpool played decent again but cannot hit the back of the net! :(

I was at Bolton on the weekend (but stayed in Liverpool as no idea what Bolton nightlife is like!), to watch Swansea

Swans battered Bolton 2nd half - no idea how didn't win it!

Blue Demon
23-04-12, 08:22 AM
I must say though, Pienaars goal was weak as. At least De Gea or Evans should have got to that, way too easy goal.

With vd Sar in goal Utd wouldve been 10 pts clear by now. Such a difference with De Gea in goal.

Fods
23-04-12, 08:41 AM
http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2012/04/22/manchester-united-vs-everton-4-4-highlights-2012-rooney-welbeck-nani-jelavic-fellaini-pienaar-goals-video/

Wind on the 1st vid to 11 minutes, you telling me any keeper would of saved that?

nirvana
23-04-12, 08:41 AM
De Gea's been playing well for months. A young foreign goalkeeper taking time to settle is the norm.

Blue Demon
23-04-12, 09:09 AM
I`ll tell you my thoughts on all 4 goals - I just watched MOTD2 so it`s still fresh. :)

- the first goal(jelavic lob header)was very likely unstoppable, but that doesnt mean De Gea`s positioning wasnt awful.
- the 2nd goal was definitely stoppable(Fellaini), he got a hand to it and it hit the post.
- the 3rd was unstoppable(Jelavic).
- I think the 4th was stoppable tbh, his reflexes just arent good enough. If he raised his leg faster he wouldve saved it.

Sure De Gea needs time, but this could cost Utd a title. I mean; they couldve had Neuer.

Fods
23-04-12, 09:29 AM
Agree with 1 and yeh positioning was dodge but 99.9% of the blame goes to the LB and RB, LB for allowing such a cross to come in and RB for allowing a free header at the back post. 2 was a strong shot and he did well to get down and get a hand to it, was only about 10 yards out to be fair, but again Evans defending was poor. 3 agree :ok: and 4 undecided, I thought his positioning was spot on he had a whole load of goal to cover and again Pienaar was only 7/8 yards out... the striker should score 9/10 from there.

I thought it was a great game, United looked Lacklustre in defence though which is worrying with a few critical games coming up, if they relax like tht at City, we could be seeing another 6 goal mauling.. :slap:

Patinoz
23-04-12, 10:12 AM
wouldnt put any blame on de gea.

positioning did lood dodgy at 1 but there is nothing he could have done about it. he couldnt have cut off the cross and he couldnt have done much about the goal.
4th was tough to stop cuz he moved a bit to the left as well and pienaar put it in the right corner.

the point is, a world class keeper could have probably saved 1 of those 4. but i am sure most would agree in saying that de gea is not a world class keeper yet.

not quite sure how you can start putting the blame on de gea the first place anyway.
united is leading at home 4-2 at the 80th minute, missed out a massive chance before that too. surely the team is to blame for bottling it in the last 10 min and not just de gea.

they still gonna win the league though.

ebfatz
23-04-12, 06:44 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1047465/564386401_medium.jpg

Stoke's tactics vs Newcastle leaked.

(Sorry Mark. Couldn't resist when I saw it. :lol:)

Mark
24-04-12, 09:49 AM
Seen it about 5 years ago!

ebfatz
24-04-12, 10:13 AM
....and it's still not working for you! ;)

Mark
24-04-12, 10:43 AM
Promotion... 3 years in the EPL... FA Cup Final... Europe...

I beg to differ!

Scooterfan
24-04-12, 10:00 PM
Villa 1 - 2 Bolton

West Brom v Villa on Saturday.....interesting, McLeish could be on for the double.

Dermotron
24-04-12, 11:13 PM
McLeish is a terribly limited manager, not really sure what Lerner was ever thinking (or wasnt)

ebfatz
24-04-12, 11:18 PM
McLeish is pish!

nirvana
25-04-12, 12:19 AM
That Villa side is shit tbf. Packed full of kids that could be good players in a few years right enough, but that's not something you want in the middle of a relegation battle. Neither is Ireland, Heskey, Agbonlahoor and a crocked Bent.

Dermotron
25-04-12, 12:39 AM
Indeed the squad is very poor. The best starting XI is lower midtable at best and there is very little but average potential to back it up. You never know, it could be the makings of a great bunch of young players but it badly needs leadership on the pitch and purpose from the line

nirvana
25-04-12, 12:52 AM
They'd be more than safe with a fit Darren Bent too. A team like that just can't be expected not to struggle when they replace guaranteed goals with Heskey.

Redknapp69
25-04-12, 01:10 AM
Glad I put N'Gog and Petrov in dream team this week!

Villa have 2 decent DC and keeper for leadership but N,Zogbia has been terrible and Ireland not much better.

Agbonlahor never fulfilled potential and Heskey can never seem to play consistently well given his strength and decent pace

I dont rate Mcleish either (defensive minded coach IMO) but to be fair he hasn't really had chance to bring in any players.

They could go down if they lose Sat tho!

Mervmeister
26-04-12, 12:58 PM
With Wigan, QPR and Bolton in decent form I have a feeling Norwich will relegate Villa on final day of season :D

Topofthekop
26-04-12, 04:28 PM
Norwich gonna beat Liverpool at the weekend with the form we are in!

Mervmeister
26-04-12, 04:33 PM
Don't know mate, Norwich in terrible form also.
Completely taken foot off the gas now it seems. Going for 1-1.

Redknapp69
26-04-12, 11:38 PM
We should chuck a few kids in - Coady, Suso, Sterling, Robibson

Redknapp69
26-04-12, 11:42 PM
I can see Wolves playing half decent against my Swans - or we'll pass them into submission!

Gutted I'm not going to the Swans v Man U game! Got a golf wknd in Ireland! :(

Waiting to see what ticket allocation is for Swans v Liverpool as well. I want to be in away end but don't think I have much chance of ticket - so ill just have to use my Swans season ticket with a Liverpool shirt on :)

Mark
26-04-12, 11:50 PM
Taking my bro to see Stoke vs Arsenal this weekend - Been trying to explain to him what it's like when we come up against Wenger and co. Going be a great game!

If we win, I'll be delighted. If we don't, I've backed Arsenal on my blockbuster coupon anyway!

ebfatz
27-04-12, 12:09 AM
I want Stoke's form against Arsenal to continue.
As long as Newcastle beat Wigan that is. They've improved last few games. Not that confident to be fair.

Redknapp69
28-04-12, 11:16 PM
Happy with the game today Mark?

Cracking performance from Liverpool as well - sweet Suarez hat trick!

Mark
29-04-12, 09:58 AM
Not really, we should have won it easily! For the last 20/30 minutes, we sat back as usual as TP took off both Pennant/Etherington to send on Jerome and Delap. What a clown, just go for the win!

On a side note, another "big team" that Crouch has bagged against this year. Who says he's not a big game player? Besiktas, Arsenal, Man Utd and Man City he's scored against this year from what I can remember!

nirvana
29-04-12, 10:50 AM
Suarez hat trick yesterday was one of the best I've ever seen. The last goal would be nailed on goal of the season, if hit by someone else.

Fods
29-04-12, 11:44 AM
Shame he is a cunt, otherwise yeh hed get Goal of Season with that one

info0
29-04-12, 12:28 PM
Really? Crouch goal for me tops Suarez goal. ;)

And yes, Suarez is a rat face douchebag. :P

Coys
29-04-12, 01:21 PM
Ben Arfa was goal of the season by a mile. Can you imagine if Messi had run from the half way line and finished with such composure? Crouch was a great goal but at the end of the day it was just a hit and hope volley which 999 times out of 1000 would have ended up in the stands.

info0
29-04-12, 01:23 PM
Ben Arfa was goal of the season by a mile. Can you imagine if Messi had run from the half way line and finished with such composure? Crouch was a great goal but at the end of the day it was just a hit and hope volley which 999 times out of 1000 would have ended up in the stands.

The same volley as van Basten one. Yes, it's amazing it went in, you may call it a fluke, but my God it was a beauty ;).

Ben Arfa goal was great too of course.

Coys
29-04-12, 01:28 PM
Van Basten's was way better than Crouch.

info0
29-04-12, 02:00 PM
You sure about that one? Different angle, but rate Crouchie goal higher than VB actually ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aY5Q7r76gY

Crouch.

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_DwsO9bIY

Van Basten :)

Both amazing, yet so different :P.

nirvana
29-04-12, 02:48 PM
Crouch's was a great strike. I thought the defence was very poor for Ben Arfa's. There was basically no attempt from anyone to take down the man or take the ball. Similar to Owen against Argentina in that respect.

Scooterfan
29-04-12, 04:36 PM
Stoke fans yesterday

chants at Ramsey, “he walks with a limp” “he’s only got one leg” and “one legs shorter that the other”

:facepalm:

Coys
29-04-12, 06:54 PM
You sure about that one? Different angle, but rate Crouchie goal higher than VB actually ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aY5Q7r76gY

Crouch.

vs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_DwsO9bIY

Van Basten :)

Both amazing, yet so different :P.

Really?

Crouch got the ball under control before his volley, and had an easier angle to aim at. Van Basten had to watch the flight of a cross field ball and score from an almost impossible position. You will never witness a better volley.

info0
29-04-12, 07:09 PM
Really? Quite few nice volleys did happen which I remember well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aqdMGPxhJo

Like that Zidane goal... in CL final :D (but that's not a thread for such things :P).

Di Matteo is a sorcerer. He has done something AVB and Ancelotti couldn't. He made Torres score goals. Hattrick today. Chelsea demolished QPR 6-1. Tottenham also won. The Arsenal pursuers are on :).

Will be interesting end of the season :D.

Can't wait for tomorrow's game, probably title decider. ;)

ebfatz
29-04-12, 08:27 PM
As long as Newcastle beat Wigan that is. They've improved last few games. Not that confident to be fair.

How right I was!!

Mark
30-04-12, 11:33 AM
Stoke fans yesterday

:facepalm:

Knew you'd be the one commenting about that which is a bit rich considering the treatment from Wolves fans to Etherington...

Anyway, never have I been so uncomfortable as I was when I heard that directed at Ramsey. I'm all for banter which usually funny like "let's all do a Wenger" and the whole stadium was standing up and waving their arms everywhere.

But there's no excuse whatsoever for singing that at Ramsey, I only heard "he walks with a limp" btw - Not the other two. I couldn't understand why they would sing that and when I was speaking to my dad about it, the only reason I could think of was because Ramsey had rebuffed all attempts by Stoke/Shawcross to contact him after the incident and apologise in person and all that. Even then, I thought it was extreme.

Reading various forums today, it turns out that it was because Arsenal fans had started to chant vile songs about Shawcross in the first place. So Stoke being Stoke, they respond in turn. Still doesn't excuse it imo and there's other ways of responding to Arsenal fans, e.g by singing Shawcross songs instead. Quite conveniently, MotD failed to report that. I'm also surprised there was nothing mentioned about that to TP on MotD2 last night. Both sets of fans were acting very childlishly and I for one didn't join in and I'm sure there were many others who felt like me.

Either way, the whole thing is ridiculous now. It's been over two years since Ramsey broke his leg in an unfortunate incident yet the Arsenal fans never let it go. Everyone but the Gunners could see that it was an accident but try telling them that...

Personally, I'm just happy that Ramsey made a full recovery and Shawcross has since continued his progress at Stoke.

Jesus
01-05-12, 12:25 PM
CITY! CITY! THE BEST TEAM IN ALL THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD!

Patinoz
01-05-12, 12:33 PM
to quote a very wise man:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxM0zjHBSdWzL26DNuCOYdvIQ0HoJLt VlHXUnRPyCfo4wjIwS9PA

in all seriousness, i am happy for you.

i am still sure though there is gonna be another twist. doubt both teams are gonna win their last 2 matches

Topofthekop
01-05-12, 02:31 PM
City have a song they sing called "Blue Moon".... my mate said this to me last night..... "Blue moon, Dont start singing too soon"

Like Pat said, Im sure that there will be another twist to the race for 1st place.. Maybe, just maybe city will crumble at the last hurdle. Only time will tell!

info0
01-05-12, 07:50 PM
Sorry, but if City wins the title, it will mean money and mercenary army triumph over all.

City build their team in 3 years. Based on mercenaries mostly. I can't see Tevez saying: "When I was little, my dream was to play for Man City" :lol:

Another post Chelsea era... Enjoy while you still can :P.

And before you go about hipocrisy, Man Utd never spent as much on players in one season as MC did.

Erkifino
01-05-12, 07:56 PM
Sorry, but if City wins the title, it will mean money and mercenary army triumph over all.
Welcome to football! It's gonna get worse before it gets better!

Erkifino
01-05-12, 07:57 PM
CITY! CITY! THE BEST TEAM IN ALL THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD! OF ALL TIME!!!
FYP
:ok:

Spudiator
01-05-12, 07:57 PM
I know they say it ain't over until the fat lady sings, but I think she's warming up her vocal chords! :(

info0
01-05-12, 08:11 PM
I can also see MU choking on Sunderland game :/.

Coys
01-05-12, 08:31 PM
Info0, i see where you are coming from. The way i see it, if Chelsea and City were never taken over Spurs may be top 4 regulars. Having said that, we almost went bust ourselves a while back. Too many ifs and buts, but you wouldn't be complaining about City's millions if you didn't bottle an 8 point lead.

info0
01-05-12, 08:37 PM
I still would. Sorry, but in late 90s I have seen more English players playing in English clubs than I see now. Money ruined football and it started with stupidity of Perez and buying the likes of Figo and Zidane... Not Chavski :).

If you don't agree with the statement fine. ;)

Coys
01-05-12, 08:44 PM
Whether or not there are english has nothing to do with it. I think we can all agree Arsenal are a well run club and they have less english players than Man City.

It's not just Foreigners who want big salaries.

Gibbs, Wilshere, Walcott, Chamberlain

Hart, Richards, Lescott, Barry, Milner, Hargreaves :lol:, A.Johnson,

Redknapp69
01-05-12, 11:42 PM
I'd love it if Swanses scuppers Man U chances this wknd!
Would have gone but got a golf wknd!

Liverpool tonight - shite performance by all accounts. You would have thought a couple may have tried to force the way into team on Saturday

nirvana
02-05-12, 12:30 AM
I still expect united to win the league. It'd be all the better for City in the long run too. Mancini will then get the boot instead of being kept on. That man alone, is the reason that squad hasn't wrapped up the league weeks or even months ago.

His subs against united was dreadful again. Taking off two attacking players for defensive ones when in full control of the game, and could quite easily have come back to haunt him. It's not like we've never seen united punish a side for laying back on a one goal lead now!

Scooterfan
02-05-12, 06:20 AM
I can see United sticking 5/6 past Swansea on Sunday. I think if you play a high line, and press Swansea in their own half they struggle which is what Wolves did in the 2nd half at the Liberty, not only did we completely dominate the 2nd half, we beat Swansea in possession which on their own ground is no mean feat.

Swansea have no plan B, if United need to pull back an 8 goal swing you have no doubt they will be going all out for it.

Fods
02-05-12, 08:10 AM
Agree with that Scoot, 6 past the Swans and a few past Sunderland (All ex United)...what happens if points/goals tied?

Patinoz
02-05-12, 09:39 AM
the FA just awards the trophy to Man Utd then....

as far as i know, its goal difference, goals scored and if thats all the same a deciding game against the two

Dermotron
02-05-12, 09:55 AM
We'll realistically need to score 12 or 13 in 2 games to win on goal difference, after that toothless the display on Monday we'll do well to get the 2 or 3 part of what's needed.

If QPR are safe, City could knock 5+ past them easy enough. We don't have the ruthlessness for that this season.

Should have just went all out attack on Monday and won the league at Eastlands :rolleyes:

City we there for the taking but Fergie got it wrong tactically :(

Coys
02-05-12, 10:13 AM
If Man Utd did manage a miracle and won the league on GD that would be so unfair considering City won 7-1 on aggregate.

Dermotron
02-05-12, 10:20 AM
Not really. If we hadn't to make so many fuck ups prior to Mon and won the league on points would it be unfair?

Mark
02-05-12, 11:33 AM
Decent point for Stoke last night, although why does Pulis have to make it so damn hard? Seeing the line-up before the game where he has selected Crouch AND Jones together, you could predict what would happen. The midfield/wingers were totally isolated as the full-backs were given the ball to launch at the top 2 at every opportunity. This went on for 60 minutes and just before half-time, Everton get a lucky break with Crouch's own goal. Don't get me wrong, they fully deserved to take the lead but it was a lucky goal nonetheless.

The sight of Ricardo Fuller, Cameron Jerome and Glenn Whelan coming on with 30 minutes left were met with ironic cheers which rose even louder when we saw that it was Jonathan Walters making way along with Rory Delap and Peter Crouch.

The result? An equaliser within two minutes as Cameron Jerome uses his pace to beat two defenders and put the ball past Tim Howard.

Damn it, Pulis! See what happens when you put a pacey striker who'll run all day long up-front? A GOAL! God knows why he persists in the long ball punts to the strikers, especially at home where we are easily capable of beating anybody if we attack the opposition!

I'm hoping to see changes to the squad over the summer. We desperately need two new wingers (I say two because Pennant's days are surely numbered after his latest fuck-up) and a creative midfield. The latter can be Palacios if he can get a full pre-season behind him. I also hope that Jerome gets his chance to become a regular alongside a "big man" if Pulis has to play one. I don't mind it being Crouchy as he's a legend but playing two "big men" just doesn't work. It should be Crouch OR Jones along Fuller OR Jerome imo.

Coys
02-05-12, 03:43 PM
No Derm, but imo when teams are on equal points it should go down to head to head.

Dermotron
02-05-12, 03:56 PM
Play-off would be the best imo :)

Patinoz
02-05-12, 05:19 PM
i think if points are tied, goal difference after that is fine. but yeah, i think head-to-head is fairer than goals scored or some crap like that.

Dermotron
02-05-12, 06:30 PM
A game of Soggy Biscuit live on a Sunday afternoon to decide the title :D

ebfatz
02-05-12, 08:50 PM
Come on the Toon.
45 minutes to hold out!

Scooterfan
02-05-12, 10:01 PM
http://watchhighlightsonline.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/video-papiss-cisse-second-goal-vs.html

Amazing goal from Cisse

ebfatz
02-05-12, 10:04 PM
Cisse's second goal!

O
M
G
!!!

ebfatz
02-05-12, 10:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJA3LTjozIo

info0
02-05-12, 10:48 PM
The Toon army attacks where it's due :D.

Thank you! :D

nirvana
03-05-12, 10:04 AM
Newcastle must regret losing heavily to poor teams like Wigan and Liverpool, they'd be well clear in 4th with those six points. ;)

Second goal was fabulous and the first was nearly as good! Only seen the goals, walked in just as the game was ending. Chelsea seemed to have a pretty strong team out too.

Coys
03-05-12, 04:43 PM
Newcastle must regret losing heavily to poor teams like Wigan and Liverpool, they'd be well clear in 4th with those six points. ;)

Second goal was fabulous and the first was nearly as good! Only seen the goals, walked in just as the game was ending. Chelsea seemed to have a pretty strong team out too.

Sorry but that's just a silly comment. Spurs could say the same thing about losing to Norwich and drawing with Stoke and Wolves all at home. Wigan beat Newcastle because they played better and deserved it, same with Norwich at Spurs. None of this " if they had won these games they'd be here " as this applies to everybody :ok:

nirvana
03-05-12, 04:49 PM
That wink wasn't cause I found the poster attractive. ;)

Scooterfan
03-05-12, 05:25 PM
All the best to Jody Craddock and family after his 2yr old soon was diagnosed with leukaemia, can't imagine what the family are going through especially after they lost their first son to cot death :(

http://www.wolves.co.uk/page/News/0,,10307~2758625,00.html

Mark
04-05-12, 10:45 AM
Terrible news! Didn't know about their first son, how awful to go through the two tragedies!

Coys
04-05-12, 05:11 PM
Quite interesting that in the last 2 games where Parker hasn't played spurs have been great going forward and we haven't missed him at all due to Sandro. On his day i believe Sandro is the better all round player. Quicker, stronger, better technique and can really burst forward when he feels like it. We are Solid with Parker in the team, he will win the ball back but it's what he does with it that's the problem. He slows down our play too often with backwards passes and by holding the ball up. This is ok sometimes but this usually causes Modric deep to collect the ball and then we have less people up the pitch.

Fods
05-05-12, 05:00 AM
Manchester United and England striker Wayne Rooney has won the Premier League Goal of the 20 Seasons award for his overhead kick against Manchester City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17946376

ebfatz
05-05-12, 08:18 AM
The only goal from the last 10 years as well.

Not bad for a shinner!!

Twitter went made for it yesterday. A lot of people saying that the likes of Bergkamp and Le Tissier can be a little unhappy because it was a public vote.

Erkifino
05-05-12, 08:29 AM
Wasn't a bit bemused with that one. Did the voters only start watching football last year? :confused:

Mervmeister
05-05-12, 03:03 PM
Arsenal v Norwich one of best games ever seen!! Amazing!!
Norwich should have been atleast 6 up in the first hour. Arsenal then look as though they won it late on after pressure for last 30mins, but gr8 goal from Morison late on. Defo atleast deserved a draw, but wat a game!!

ebfatz
05-05-12, 03:37 PM
Holy Cow!
Newcastle are being given every opportunity to make that top four!

Just need to beat Man City now :eek::dizzy:

Patinoz
08-05-12, 02:53 AM
blackburn going down.

gonna be an interesting last game day. deciding the epl champion, the 3rd and 4th cl spot, the 3rd team getting relegated etc. etc.

any predictions?

mine are man city champion, arsenal and newcastle cl, qpr relegated.

reckon bolton got a proper chance considering man city is gonna give 125% against qpr (they should at least), and bolton plays away at stoke (not easy, but there is no reason stoke would give its all.)

klosec12
08-05-12, 04:56 AM
Man Citeh - Winners
Arsenal, Tottenham - CL Spots (Only posting this as i think Newcastle will draw at Everton, thus giving the Toffees 7th spot:D)
QPR going down.