PDA

View Full Version : CM 2 - Downloads

Mark
07-08-14, 02:20 PM
CM 2 - Downloads

Any downloads that are available for this particular version of Championship Manager will all be kept updated here. If you have any files that you'd like to share with us, please post them here.

Cheers
Mark

Phoss
15-12-14, 08:02 PM
Is there a download for CM2 itself? I imagine it would have to run on DosBox if one could even find it.

Cam F
15-12-14, 08:40 PM
CM2 doesn't work even with dosbox as there is a laserlock error. I have the disk and tried many times, following threads through google and no luck.

I have all versions of CM2, think some of the foreign disks might work though :)

ajra21
28-01-15, 01:58 AM
i was able to play this on my last windows machine in 2013. didn't have the disc. just downloaded it from somewhere.

this was the version that i played for a whole summer while my parents were out of the country. i worked 4 hours a day, slept for three and played CM2 of the rest.

my version came with a second disc that had a bunch of european leagues, though the teams were only accurate for the previous season. spent a lot of time managing marseille. alan shearer once scored 60 goals in 44 games and i had a AMLC called lahkdar boukria who would score 30 goals a season for a decade. best player i ever came across.

Szarpak
22-05-15, 07:38 AM
CM2 doesn't work even with dosbox as there is a laserlock error. I have the disk and tried many times, following threads through google and no luck.

I have all versions of CM2, think some of the foreign disks might work though :)

You got all the CM2 versions? On CD or in the "rar files"? I'm searching them about 3 years and i didn't find them. Sorry for may weak english. Regards from Poland!

Fods
23-05-15, 11:13 AM
They are all here to download arnt they?

Jagsman
21-06-15, 02:58 PM
available on www.doperoms.com also you need to install dosbox to run it

gpaul1978
14-07-15, 12:01 PM
downloaded the rom but how do i turn it into something my vcd drive will pick up?

Vikingfk
14-07-15, 06:05 PM
downloaded the rom but how do i turn it into something my vcd drive will pick up?

Download from here : http://www.doperoms.com/search.php?s=championship+manager+2&method=ROM+Search

Install Dosbox.

Unrar the version you have downloaded.

Take the cm2.exe inside the cm2 folder and put it directly over the dosbox desktop-icon.

Play.

Cmfan2015
23-12-15, 06:53 PM
can someone please upload the spanish/dutch/belgium leagues please, the ones on that site are just disk rips.

Cmfan2015
23-12-15, 06:57 PM
cam f would you be so kind to post those data disks cd versions please? i've been looking for them for ages.

just those 3 leagues: belgium /dutch / spanish

thanks in advance

Claret
19-01-16, 07:42 AM
The CM2 linked above does work on DOSBOX, but it's just the Spanish League.
I'm really hoping to play the English/Scottish leagues (this was my first CM experience and I loved that game!)
Can anyone help track down that version please?

MrFoo
27-01-17, 05:06 PM
CAM i got this to work PM if.you still have trouble.

David00C
16-02-17, 07:43 PM

Hey

did you find a way to make the game run? can you explain it?

I have cm2 original and the italian and other league versions but they dont work because the laserlok no cd thing.

Cam F
17-02-17, 08:00 AM

Hey

did you find a way to make the game run? can you explain it?

I have cm2 original and the italian and other league versions but they dont work because the laserlok no cd thing.

MrFoo - How did you manage that? I couldn't get past the laserlock message, even with the CM2 disk in the computer.

David - It is becoming quite popular retro PCs and found my old Win98 disk so installed it and play old games. Apparently windows 98 all had the same security code so found that easily online. I made it dual partition so 4 GB of my 80 gb old 2003 pc was win 98 and the other XP. Now that makes me sound very techy but goggled it and found pages explaining how and you tube vidoes also explaining how. Class.

...which gives me another excuse for posting this screen :)

Laudo :hail:

http://i65.tinypic.com/35atzte.jpg

MrFoo
17-02-17, 12:51 PM
I used Dosbox to install the game, you can mount the cd rom drive to actually install it, then you run it that way. Works fine.

Cam F
18-02-17, 12:35 AM
I used Dosbox to install the game, you can mount the cd rom drive to actually install it, then you run it that way. Works fine.

Oooo, walk through guide if possible mate.

johndevries
17-07-17, 08:12 AM
Oooo, walk through guide if possible mate.

You dont need to use the cdrom to play CM2. I have bought CM2 95/96 (england/scotland) and CM2 96/97 (england/italy/scotland) both, because Im a collector who likes to have the original cdroms, booklets and boxes. But I dont use the cdrom`s to play the games. I play the "cracked" versions that dont need the cdrom. All CM2 games (including the different euro leagues) are available on the internet and most of them are "cracked". These "cracked" versions were already available in the 1990s.
Im not gonna post links, because I dont know if thats legal.
Greetings, John

Cam F
18-07-17, 06:22 AM
You dont need to use the cdrom to play CM2. I have bought CM2 95/96 (england/scotland) and CM2 96/97 (england/italy/scotland) both, because Im a collector who likes to have the original cdroms, booklets and boxes. But I dont use the cdrom`s to play the games. I play the "cracked" versions that dont need the cdrom. All CM2 games (including the different euro leagues) are available on the internet and most of them are "cracked". These "cracked" versions were already available in the 1990s.
Im not gonna post links, because I dont know if thats legal.
Greetings, John
I also own all the CM2 games because I also like to collect them so have big box 9596, 9697 & 9798 then have smaller folding interactive classic versions of the foreign 3 versions. I bought all of these because I thought it would be quite cool to have them, to play them and to create a 9596 season for 0001.

Can't say I have found a 9596 cracked version before, would have saved me £80 getting a dual boot win 98/xp machine lol but I got that for playing many more old games. I have seen cracked versions of 9697 & 9798 but not CM2 9596 before.

johndevries
18-07-17, 06:53 AM
I also own all the CM2 games because I also like to collect them so have big box 9596, 9697 & 9798 then have smaller folding interactive classic versions of the foreign 3 versions. I bought all of these because I thought it would be quite cool to have them, to play them and to create a 9596 season for 0001.

Can't say I have found a 9596 cracked version before, would have saved me £80 getting a dual boot win 98/xp machine lol but I got that for playing many more old games. I have seen cracked versions of 9697 & 9798 but not CM2 9596 before.

I have cracked versions of:
-CM2 95/96 England/Scotland, original 1.37 (unpatched). This original version has a lot of bugs, but its very cool because its pre-Bosman: The English teams mostly buy English players because there is still a foreigner limit.
--CM2 95/96 England/Scotland, official1.56 patch. This fixes the bugs and is after Bosman so no foreigner limit.
-Official 2.00 patch.
-CM2 96/97 England/Scotland
-CM2 96/97 Italy
-I also have a file with all the 6 euro leagues (Spain/Holland/Belgium/Germany/France/Italy) for the 95/96 season.

All of the above are cracked versions that dont need a cdrom. I also have bought most of these games originally in store or from Ebay, because I like to have the original games and to support the Collyer brothers. But I prefer to play the cracked versions, because I dont like the noisy sounds of cdrom`s :)

What is your email adress? I think we should share files in private because I dont want this thread being closed for sharing possibly illegal links. Even though the games are more than 20 years old.
Greetings

hodgy
18-07-17, 11:08 AM
How bad are the bugs in the original version?

johndevries
18-07-17, 11:58 AM
How bad are the bugs in the original version?

The info text included with the official 1.56 patch states:
"1. Bug Fixes
============
1.1 Having more than £99Million in the bank will no longer crash the game.
1.2 International teams will name their replacement manager soon, and not wait for ages before doing so.
1.3 You will have the chance to be offered an international job.
1.4 You get the chance to say 'Yes' or 'No' to job offers.
1.5 Direct and Long-ball style of play are less effective. There was an unfortunate bias towards these styles, resulting in the Premiership becoming inundated with crap teams after a few seasons, and weaker teams doing rather too well in cup competitions. This means that with the right kind of team you will have success using the passing style.
1.6 There was a bias in the match ratings towards defenders. This had side-effects like their values shooting up, and others down.
1.7 International Suspensions no longer count for friendlies.
1.8 You can offer a player a new contract while he is still under contract."

Cam F
25-07-17, 09:13 PM
How cool, thank you John. Got CM2 to work on my win 7 laptop in dosbox with your help without a cd.

Haven't tried to get the sounds to work but certainly an idea to pass the time on the train.

Still have loads of pics to upload from my career game in CM2 Screenshots.

Mercurio
26-07-17, 10:09 AM
Does anyone have the Spanish league season 96/97?

Cam F
26-07-17, 07:04 PM
Does anyone have the Spanish league season 96/97?

Of course, there you go - https://www.sendspace.com/file/5swbpk

Alan
26-07-17, 10:44 PM
Cam do you happen to have the Italian and German versions of this that you could also upload? Thx in advance

Cam F
27-07-17, 08:29 AM
Cam do you happen to have the Italian and German versions of this that you could also upload? Thx in advance

Will upload at weekend as away with work.

I have them all on disk, CM2, 9697, the foreign ones & 9798. Went on a spending splurge a few years ago to have a complete CM collection.

Thanks to John I now also have 4 versions of CM2 (9596) which work on my win 7 lap top which is just awesome.

Mercurio
27-07-17, 12:49 PM
Of course, there you go - https://www.sendspace.com/file/5swbpk

Thank you, CAM F. But this version is season 95/96. Does Spanish season 96/97 even exists? Maybe I'm wrong.

johndevries
27-07-17, 03:23 PM
Thank you, CAM F. But this version is season 95/96. Does Spanish season 96/97 even exists? Maybe I'm wrong.
I have all games in the CM2 series. I dont think there is Spain 96/97 game. Only Spain 95/96.

Cam F
27-07-17, 08:43 PM
There was no spain 9697, just in CM2 95/96 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager_2

Two new versions of Championship Manager 2 were later released allowing users to play leagues from across Europe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe). One version contained the Spanish (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Spain), Belgian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_football_league_system) and Dutch (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eredivisie) leagues, the other contained French (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_France), German (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundesliga_(football)) and Italian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Italy), leagues.

Alan
27-07-17, 09:55 PM
Thanks Cam. Appreciate this - I actually have both the 95/96 Euro league discs but the Ger, Ita, Fra one dosn't read in any drives now. I only ever playerd the German and Italian versions on that CD so don't care too much about the French league, but I guess while your at it no harm in uploading that too.
Thanks again :)

johndevries
28-07-17, 08:01 PM
Thanks Cam. Appreciate this - I actually have both the 95/96 Euro league discs but the Ger, Ita, Fra one dosn't read in any drives now. I only ever playerd the German and Italian versions on that CD so don't care too much about the French league, but I guess while your at it no harm in uploading that too.

Rar file with all 6 euroleagues (Italy/Germany/France/Spain/Holland/Belgium) of CM2 95/96:
https://www.mediafire.com/?xo38xoc8wpckwfq

Rar file of CM2 England/Scotland 95/96:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bnu5u3an9l414y9

No laserlock error messages, no cdrom needed. If you get a "Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2\" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
-Open Dosbox
-Type "mount c c:\cm2ds" enter
-Type "C:" enter
-Type "cd cm2" enter
-Start the game by typing "cm2" enter or "go" enter.
Ciao.

Szarpak
31-07-17, 07:41 PM
Guys i just dowloaded the rar file with euro leagues. Some of you try to install german league from the dosbox environment? My question is: is there anyway to play it on modern pc machines? I'm very existed to play those "forgotten" euro leagues with "a lot of bugs".

Wysłane z mojego LG-K420 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cam F
31-07-17, 08:46 PM
It is the games in the rar files, all you need to do, depening on which one, is copy and paste the exe into dosbox. The euro leagues will work no bother, just CM2 9596 which John has explained how to get round it. Enjoy, it's really fun.

johndevries
31-07-17, 09:21 PM
Guys i just dowloaded the rar file with euro leagues. Some of you try to install german league from the dosbox environment? My question is: is there anyway to play it on modern pc machines? I'm very existed to play those "forgotten" euro leagues with "a lot of bugs".

Dosbox is a free software program that lets you play old dos games on all modern pc`s/laptops. Extract the cm2_euro_leagues.rar file. Extract the iso file to (for example) C:\cm2eu
Like Cam said you can just drag the "install" or the "fre", "ger" etc files to the Dosbox desktop icon. There is one requirement though: In the installation program, you need to change the destination path, otherwise it will overwrite/delete files and the game will not work. So change the destination path to C:\cm2ge (instead of C:\cm2_ger). Etc
Sound/commentary works. You can turn off sound if you want.

Szarpak
01-08-17, 09:48 AM
It's working! Thanks a lot guys! If you want i got cm2 scandinavian leagues. If i remember there was Sweden, Denmark and Norway league.

Cam F
01-08-17, 06:52 PM
It's working! Thanks a lot guys! If you want i got cm2 scandinavian leagues. If i remember there was Sweden, Denmark and Norway league.

Ooooo, yes please, a 9596 db is still on my wishlist to create.

Vikingfk
01-08-17, 07:54 PM

I have big problems trying to install and play the spanish leagues. I haven't tried any of the other leagues but I guess it`s the same.
Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks for the uploads by the way.

Alan
01-08-17, 08:15 PM
Gonna say thanks again for this awesome upload. Now I have a few days off work I will be recreating my happy days managing Dortmund, just to score a hatful every game. So far so good :)

https://image.ibb.co/eOJdAQ/dortmund.jpg

johndevries
01-08-17, 08:52 PM
Gonna say thanks again for this awesome upload. Now I have a few days off work I will be recreating my happy days managing Dortmund, just to score a hatful every game. So far so good :)

Yeah. They are fantastic. My first Championship Manager game ever was CM2 Holland league 95/96. I played that game for 5 years in a row.
The euro leagues are all version 1.49, so they still have bugs in them, but that never was a problem for me personally. Actually I found the bugs charming in some way. One of the bugs is that there is a bias against the passing style. In the Germany and Italy leagues all CPU teams use the passing style, so if you use the direct or long ball style, the game becomes quite easy. To make the game more challenging you can use the Boah editor, and change the CPU teams/managers so they use Direct and Long ball style. The game is more difficult that way.
All bugs were corrected with the 1.56 patch for the England/Scotland leagues. If you want to play the Italian league without bugs, you can play CM 96/97 v2.00 Italian league. Its version 2.00, so it has no bugs.

johndevries
01-08-17, 11:10 PM
I have big problems trying to install and play the spanish leagues. I haven't tried any of the other leagues but I guess it`s the same.
Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks for the uploads by the way.

If you get a CD in the drive is not correct error, then you can use the same solution as I posted for the CM2 95/96 Eng/Sco league:
"Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2\" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
-Open Dosbox
-Type "cd cm2" enter

So, if you have installed the Spanish game for example as C:\cm2spain\cm2\, edit the Config.dat file, type "C:\cm2spain'\cm2\" and save file. You have to let the game know, where it can find the files.

Vikingfk
02-08-17, 12:38 AM
If you get a CD in the drive is not correct error, then you can use the same solution as I posted for the CM2 95/96 Eng/Sco league:
"Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2\" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
-Open Dosbox
-Type "cd cm2" enter

So, if you have installed the Spanish game for example as C:\cm2spain\cm2\, edit the Config.dat file, type "C:\cm2spain'\cm2\" and save file. You have to let the game know, where it can find the files.

I finally got it right. What I initially did was to copy the whole content of the iso and pasted it into a folder named "cm2euro". I then installed the spanish league as C:\cm2spain\cm2\. Edited the config.dat and then copied the the cm2spain folder and placed it into the root of C:.

The dosbox config I use:

mount c c:\cm2spain
C:
cd cm2
cm2

Thanks for your help.

johndevries
02-08-17, 01:00 AM
Great.

Some Dosbox tips:
-If you start games on Dosbox, the setting is at maximum 100 % cycles. This can sometimes be demanding for CPU`s (your fan starts to make more noise). You can decrease cycles by pressing CTRL-F11 and increase cycles with CTRL-F12. I usually decrease cycles to 20 %. My CPU has to work much less and my fan is silent again. CM2 still runs fast at 20 % cycles.
-Press Alt-Enter to change to fullscreen mode.
-If you prefer to play in Windowed mode, in Dosbox Options you can change the window size to any size you want.

Szarpak
02-08-17, 06:55 AM
Ooooo, yes please, a 9596 db is still on my wishlist to create.Give me a chance. [emoji38] Upload is gonna be today. [emoji12]

Vikingfk
02-08-17, 06:46 PM
It`s a long shot, I know, but does anybody have access to the patches for the cm2 euro leagues? The only one I have found was 1.56 for english\scottish leagues. Obviously most sites that hosted cm2 patches went dead years ago but I can remember an archive site hosting a lot of old cm stuff.

johndevries
02-08-17, 09:28 PM
It`s a long shot, I know, but does anybody have access to the patches for the cm2 euro leagues? The only one I have found was 1.56 for english\scottish leagues. Obviously most sites that hosted cm2 patches went dead years ago but I can remember an archive site hosting a lot of old cm stuff.

Patch for CM2spain:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20996
Patch for CM2holland:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20995
Patch for CM2belgium:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20994

Some sentences in the readme.txt of the Spain patch:
"This update corrects all of the bugs that have been reported to us." and "Sorry for any inconveniance, The CM2 Team, Eidos Interactive."
So I assume these 3 patches are all official patches. I tested all these patches. They fix some bugs, but they are all still version 1.49, so a lot of bugs still remain.
These are the only patches I know for the Euro leagues.

@Szarpak: I already have the Scandinavian leagues. I also found a Portugal league for CM2.

Szarpak
03-08-17, 07:22 AM
Patch for CM2spain:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20996
Patch for CM2holland:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20995
Patch for CM2belgium:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/806/7/20994

Some sentences in the readme.txt of the Spain patch:
"This update corrects all of the bugs that have been reported to us." and "Sorry for any inconveniance, The CM2 Team, Eidos Interactive."
So I assume these 3 patches are all official patches. I tested all these patches. They fix some bugs, but they are all still version 1.49, so a lot of bugs still remain.
These are the only patches I know for the Euro leagues.

@Szarpak: I already have the Scandinavian leagues. I also found a Portugal league for CM2.I've got some patches to sweden edition. But those are only database updates. A portugal version? Where? It's official? I don't remember that in cm2 was portugal league. Can you send up some link?

Szarpak
03-08-17, 07:27 AM
Bye the way, can somebody tell my how many versions of cm2 was? Those i know: english and scottish v1.56 and v2.00, italian 1,49 and 2.00, swedish, norwegian and danish v1.00 and belgian, dutch, french, spanish, german v.1.49.

Szarpak
04-08-17, 06:42 AM
@johndevries : Is there any way to send me a tip where can i find cm2 portugal?

johndevries
04-08-17, 09:24 PM
@johndevries : Is there any way to send me a tip where can i find cm2 portugal?

The language is in Portuguese by the way.

CM2 Portugal:
https://mega.nz/#!5J5wkbhJ!jfQF7c9V6aPOYJuEbpo9D55tG5IYCX9Rl_hMpOt O59o

and CM2 Portugal 96/97:
https://mega.nz/#!cIBHlTZI!5iSWKP0iQ65EL4yqoGmZCvIcqY5appnz-Pa9hhgNuko

I had some difficulty with the CD error, but its working now. Install the game as C:\cm2por\cm2\ and edit Config.dat so it says "C:\cm2\". Open the game by typing in the Dosbox window, mouse dragging the file to Dosbox doesnt work.

Szarpak
06-08-17, 03:07 PM
The language is in Portuguese by the way.

CM2 Portugal:
https://mega.nz/#!5J5wkbhJ!jfQF7c9V6aPOYJuEbpo9D55tG5IYCX9Rl_hMpOt O59o

and CM2 Portugal 96/97:
https://mega.nz/#!cIBHlTZI!5iSWKP0iQ65EL4yqoGmZCvIcqY5appnz-Pa9hhgNuko

I had some difficulty with the CD error, but its working now. Install the game as C:\cm2por\cm2\ and edit Config.dat so it says "C:\cm2\". Open the game by typing in the Dosbox window, mouse dragging the file to Dosbox doesnt work.

@johndevries: I still got a problem with install both versions. In 96/97 i've got an error. Dosbox says there is no cofnig file and in cm2 is error with cd. I'm doing everything with your instructions. Please help! :-(

johndevries
08-08-17, 04:56 PM
I have send you a private message, mate

Szarpak
09-08-17, 10:26 AM
Thanks a lot mate! It's all working fine! Best regards from Poland.

Alegretti
15-08-17, 11:33 AM

Wow, I've been a long time behind the Scandinavian leagues. They are the only ones I lack since the ones I found on the internet for download did not work. How would you make me available?
Sorry if I messed up in English, I'm Brazilian and I do not speak much English here: P

I found these files from "Championship Manager 2 - The Nordic Leagues": http://www.mediafire.com/file/gbpybe9o2ii9dcp/Championship+Manager+2+-+The+Nordic+Leagues.rar
I can not make it work. A black screen appears and the game does not start. Does anyone know how to solve it?

johndevries
15-08-17, 04:13 PM
Wow, I've been a long time behind the Scandinavian leagues. They are the only ones I lack since the ones I found on the internet for download did not work. How would you make me available?
Sorry if I messed up in English, I'm Brazilian and I do not speak much English here: P

I found these files from "Championship Manager 2 - The Nordic Leagues": http://www.mediafire.com/file/gbpybe9o2ii9dcp/Championship+Manager+2+-+The+Nordic+Leagues.rar
I can not make it work. A black screen appears and the game does not start. Does anyone know how to solve it?
Hi, thanks for posting the files to the forum. I tested the files, and the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish league all work fine on my laptop. You should use the program Dosbox to run the games.

Alegretti
15-08-17, 05:30 PM
Hi, thanks for posting the files to the forum. I tested the files, and the Swedish, Norwegian and Danish league all work fine on my laptop. You should use the program Dosbox to run the games.

I'm using doxbox to play all the other versions published here in this section, but that did not work for me. Can you explain the way you went to work? Here is a black screen written "Rip for DOS" and it does not work!

johndevries
15-08-17, 05:48 PM
I'm using doxbox to play all the other versions published here in this section, but that did not work for me. Can you explain the way you went to work? Here is a black screen written "Rip for DOS" and it does not work!
Thats an intro screen the crackers of that game have made to let people know who cracked that game. If you press the "Esc" button, the game will start. So just press "Esc" on your keyboard.

Alegretti
15-08-17, 06:15 PM
Thats an intro screen the crackers of that game have made to let people know who cracked that game. If you press the "Esc" button, the game will start. So just press "Esc" on your keyboard.

Thanks, I got it: P

Szarpak
18-08-17, 06:12 AM
I've got a question. Is there any manual with some kind if tips how to play cm2. Tactics etc.?

Alegretti
19-08-17, 12:17 PM
I've got a question. Is there any manual with some kind if tips how to play cm2. Tactics etc.?

I use this.: http://www.cheatbook.de/wfiles/cm2th.htm

johndevries
21-08-17, 06:36 AM

the manual of CM2 97/98: http://www.myabandonware.com/media/files/manuals/c/championship-manager-season-97-98_dos_0g9r-manual.pdf

Jody
17-10-17, 03:39 PM
-Open Dosbox
-Type "cd cm2" enter

Hey guys,

how do you actually install these games, like Dutch league for example? I downloaded the .rar file and extracted .iso file with 6 leagues, but can't make it work. In those folders there aren't any config.dat files so I guess I have to do something first... I have Scandinavian leagues I downloaded from somewhere long time ago and they work just fine, they're about 30 MB folders in size, and I just type all these commands in dosbox and everything's fine. Wish I could try those other leagues but I guess I'm just too stupid to figure it out :help:

jameoscot
14-11-17, 08:31 PM
how do databases get created?

trv369
17-03-18, 12:51 AM
@johndevries: I still got a problem with install both versions. In 96/97 i've got an error. Dosbox says there is no cofnig file and in cm2 is error with cd. I'm doing everything with your instructions. Please help! :-(

I have send you a private message, mate

Can you share how to run those CM2 Portugal and CM2 Portugal 96/97 on Dosbox?

johndevries
23-03-18, 02:36 PM
hi,
-Extract the rar file at C:\cm2por
Now your directory is like this: c:\cm2por\cm2_por\
-Rename the directory from cm2_por to cm2
Now your directory is like this: c:\cm2por\cm2\
-Open the file config.dat with a text editor (word, notepad or wordpad). Delete all text, and write C:\cm2\
Press save file.
-Open Dosbox
-Type "mount c c:\cm2por" enter
-Type "c:" enter
-Type "cd cm2" enter
-Type "cm2"
the game is now starting.

The second game file is not a full game. They are just extra files. So if you want to use the other "96/97" game, you need to first install the first game, and then extract the "96/97" rar file to C:\cm2por. Some of the files (cm2.exe etc) should overwrite the existing files. Click overwrite yes.
Greetings Johndevries

Pearan
26-03-18, 08:33 AM
Hi guys. Downloaded the Swedish league, but in the original version that i had on a cd, there was Swedish Second Division, is there any way you could find it?

Pearan
26-03-18, 01:54 PM
with a 93/94 database i think

Cam F
26-03-18, 06:35 PM
Took me 10 seconds to google, it was CM2 Scandinavian leagues, you will find them here - https://www.emuparadise.me/roms/search.php?query=championship+manager+2&section=all

Cam F
26-03-18, 06:50 PM
Except it won't work in dos box lol. Just keeps staying on the cracked screen. Somebody must have them though they can upload now we know which ones they are.

Cam F
27-03-18, 09:44 PM
Found working ones, paste into the top - http://www.mediafire.com/file/gbpybe9o2ii9dcp/Championship+Manager+2+-+The+Nordic+Leagues.rar

Cam F
28-03-18, 09:18 PM
Works fine -

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/ODz7If.png

Pearan
07-04-18, 09:34 AM
except it wasnt the right one, we had a Cm2 Scandinavian version where you could manage teams in Swedish div.2. This version only goes down to Div.1

Cam F
11-04-18, 08:43 PM
Wow, glad I went to the effort to look now.

g.tolton
14-04-18, 04:58 PM
Hi Guys

i get the english and scottish working fine. i also get to setup games on the euro but then they all crash at game create always at 70% it just shuts out straight back to dos..... any ideas?

cheers!

whiteeagle
21-05-18, 01:07 PM
Hello Guys! Can anybody help with searching for CM2 97/98 DANISH leagues version? Thanks!))

Marekiaro
17-10-18, 10:10 PM
But the original version of CM2 (95/96) Italian league is not there? The one I found on CM2 euro leagues there is v.1.49. and when I start the championship tells me 1996/97. Can someone put the original version, the not updated version?

Marekiaro
18-10-18, 08:40 PM
But is this topic open or closed? Nobody answers, I asked myself why. Has the discussion been moved somewhere else?

Mark
18-10-18, 08:46 PM
No, this site is mainly for CM 01/02 so not many people play this version.

Marekiaro
18-10-18, 09:09 PM
But is this topic open or closed? Nobody answers, I asked myself why. Has the discussion been moved somewhere else?

Ok, so it's open. I hope someone has read the messages I've written before, about my exact requests for the game I'm looking for. I hope they will help me find the version that interests me. Thank you for replying me, see you soon.

Skywalker83
09-05-19, 06:57 PM
Rar file with all 6 euroleagues (Italy/Germany/France/Spain/Holland/Belgium) of CM2 95/96:

No laserlock error messages, no cdrom needed. If you get a "Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
-Open Dosbox
-Type "cd cm2" enter
Ciao.

I Can't find the config.dat in the cm2_hol file, can you help me?
Or do I need to install the game first? How?

Thanks.

evesham
09-05-19, 07:51 PM
the config dat is in the cm2 folder so install the game first

Skywalker83
10-05-19, 08:03 AM
Thanks, I will have a look tonight. Installing the game can be done with DosBox?

evesham
10-05-19, 08:50 AM
I use a front End GUI called Ampshell (download it) and dosbox to load it, good luck

Skywalker83
10-05-19, 08:58 AM
Okay thanks, I am not a technical person but I may get it working on my PC

evesham
10-05-19, 11:17 AM
yeah me either but the Ampshell makes it a lot easier once they are both installed.
shout if u need any help

Skywalker83
10-05-19, 12:49 PM
Installing the game will be the first thing to do, don't know how via Dosbox/Ampshell but I like a challenge :)

evesham
10-05-19, 12:59 PM
extract the game to any folder, start up ampshell and click File, Add game. Then just fill in the boxes with the game location etc and settings, its no challenge :ok:

Skywalker83
10-05-19, 01:06 PM
I will let you know tonight if i succeed, or not :heh:

Skywalker83
13-05-19, 09:42 AM
Update from last weekend: It worked :) Played it for a couple of hours but I stick with cm 9798 :)

Picollo30
10-06-19, 08:36 PM
does anyone have a team/player editor for Championship Manager 2? there were some on the web but all the links are dead

Cam F
13-06-19, 07:04 PM
does anyone have a team/player editor for Championship Manager 2? there were some on the web but all the links are dead

9798 it is built in the game the editor.

Boah editor for 95/96 & 96/97-

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1v8qaw

Cam F
30-01-20, 08:37 PM

No laserlock error messages, no cdrom needed. If you get a "Error: CD in the drive is not correct" error > Make sure the config.dat file is setup correctly. If the game is installed on C:\cm2ds\cm2, then open Config.dat with Wordpad/Notepad/Word and type (edit) "C:\cm2ds\cm2" and then save file. Also: You cant start the game by dragging the file to the Dosbox desktop icon, you will get the cd error. Start the game this way:
-Open Dosbox
-Type "cd cm2" enter
Ciao.

Argh, having a nightmare with this!!!

every time at stage -Type "cd cm2" enter I get unable to change to: cm2.

MrFoo
30-01-20, 09:55 PM
Isnt it cd\ cm2?

Cam F
30-01-20, 10:35 PM
Ooooo, will give it a go! Thanks MrFoo

Cam F
31-01-20, 07:42 AM
Na, still won't fecking work

Nick+Co
02-02-20, 03:22 PM
https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2_9697.zip

^ This rather large download (480mb) Is "Championship Manager 2: Including Season 96/97 Updates" with DOSBOX and the full ISO. EDIT: This has now been updated to a smaller download (~180mb) but still has full commentary and doesn't need the ISO any more.

The reason I put this version up is because you can play it with the full Clive Tyldesley commentary (Turn it on in the "Save Game & Options" once you have started a game - click "Sound Effects On"). This is missing from all the smaller downloads of this game.

To play, just unzip somewhere and double-click on DOSBOX.exe - the game will then start

EDIT: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Championship_Manager_2_(v1.56).zip <-- same thing, but for the original Championship Manager 2 game (patched to 1.56)

Cam F
02-02-20, 09:49 PM
Thanks Nick, thatís totally awesome of you to upload these, I have both of those on disk.

Not sure if my 1.56 has the 1.37 data, Asprillia at Parma, Molby at Liverpool, Salanko at Rangers for example or not.

i absolutely love the Clive Tydsley commentary, really adds to game!!!

Alan
03-02-20, 01:07 AM
Not sure if my 1.56 has the 1.37 data, Asprillia at Parma, Molby at Liverpool, Salanko at Rangers for example or not.

More to the point, Neil Lennon at Crewe!

Great stuff Nick, makes things a whole bunch easier. Would you possibly do the same for the Euro leagues from post #32?

Cam F
03-02-20, 10:07 AM
Here is CM 1.37 I have if Nick or anyone is able to get rid of cd message , that would be amazing.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/76j3hb

Nick+Co
03-02-20, 11:15 PM
https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Championship_Manager_2_(v1.37).zip

Is a 1.37 version of the same.

Cam F
04-02-20, 09:29 AM

Is a 1.37 version of the same.

Absolutely incredible Nick :hail:

Well that solves me not seeing how the players look for updating 0001 season 95/96 and can get a cheeky game as well.

Thank you so much!!!

leo37
19-03-20, 07:03 PM
does anyone have the patch for cm2 95/96?

Cam F
19-03-20, 11:38 PM
1 post up Leo :) & post 96.

BuggyP
30-03-20, 12:47 AM
Are there any save game editors for CM2 series? One that would work with CM2 Dutch League?

XiaoNan
13-04-20, 08:55 AM

^ This rather large download (480mb) Is "Championship Manager 2: Including Season 96/97 Updates" with DOSBOX and the full ISO.

The reason I put this version up is because you can play it with the full Clive Tyldesley commentary (Turn it on in the "Save Game & Options" once you have started a game - click "Sound Effects On"). This is missing from all the smaller downloads of this game.

To play, just unzip somewhere and double-click on DOSBOX.exe - the game will then start

EDIT: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Championship_Manager_2_(v1.56).zip <-- same thing, but for the original Championship Manager 2 game (patched to 1.56)

great work! thank u!

millerjones
24-04-20, 07:32 PM
Are there any save game editors for CM2 series? One that would work with CM2 Dutch League?

Try this site http://www.champmaniacs.de/g2down.html

Derbyfella
09-05-20, 09:23 AM
Hopefully someone will read this sometime soon - Lockdown etc
Struggling to get this game to run
gets to the 70% mark and then kicks back to Dosbox which is really annoying.
I have read that i need to install the game from within dosbox first - but trying that just creates a folder called CM2 _SPA which isnt really relevant is it?

leo37
09-05-20, 09:33 AM
it's a pain in the ****

can get the eng scot league to run fine the foreign disks though seem hit or miss

Derbyfella
09-05-20, 11:11 AM
Damn

just typed a big essay!
anyway if i try and install i get an erro saying
"Error - cant open - PLdata3.db1
there isnt that file anywhere to be found!

alternatively if i try and run it from the game within dosbox it crashes back to dosbox with an error message saying
removing drive not supported. doing nothing after about 66-70%

Nick+Co
09-05-20, 11:29 AM
@derby: Are you using one of my download links from this thread?
https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Championship_Manager_2_(v1.56).zip
That way you only have to double-click Dosbox.exe and all should run without you doing anything?

Derbyfella
09-05-20, 11:47 AM
No i was using Johns downloads..and struggling.
really appreciate that, just to verify is that English league only...can you only play one league in that game?
and because im old now....does that mean you cant buy players from other leagues?
One more thing if you dont mind guys - are there any data editors and are they easy to use? is that two things?!sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

that was v1.37 by the way that i used.

Marekiaro
09-05-20, 04:14 PM
Anyone have the original version of championship manager 2 italian leagues 95/96? I mean the one not updated ... The one I found on this site (found by euro leagues) is the updated version, I am looking for the original game that came out in September 1995. Example: in the original game there were Hakan Sukur at Turin, Asprilla al Parma etc. While in the version downloaded from this site they are no longer there, because they were sold in the repair market in November of that year. Can anyone help me find version 1.37 of this game?

Derbyfella
19-05-20, 11:38 AM
Do i have to run the data editor through Dosbox? i just want to increase my stadium capacity....

Derbyfella
19-05-20, 02:18 PM
just to confirm i mean the save game editor

Derbyfella
27-05-20, 08:15 AM
Anyone use the savegame editor?
Not sure what im doing wrong...runs in dosbox using the instructions but i dont have one file named (the saved game) i just have a number of .svg files when i try and run the editor the player index just hangs - it does create a zero bites file but neve rprogresses and then i cant do anything in dosbox.
Any ideas guys please?
I am playing v1.37

Derbyfella
01-06-20, 08:26 AM
:-(

Cam F
01-06-20, 10:48 AM
No idea, sorry johndevries (https://champman0102.co.uk/member.php?u=69584) is the CM2 guru, you should pm him, he might know.

Nick+Co
01-06-20, 12:29 PM
@derby: According to SVGED's text file, if that is the editor you are using, I'm not sure it supports 1.37 ?

e.g. SVGED.EXE 1 F to edit saved game 1, of a Foreign League,
i.e. Belgian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish games.
SVGED.EXE 2 P to edit saved game 2, of Eng/Sco League (v1.56),
i.e. the patched game with the Bosman ruling.
SVGED.EXE 3 U to edit saved game 2, of Eng/Sco League (v2.00),
i.e. Championship Manager 2 96/97 Season.
SVGED.EXE 8 to edit saved game 8, default is Eng/Sco League
(v2.00).

Derbyfella
01-06-20, 06:06 PM
thats what i think...might have to try 1.56!

Villepin
05-07-20, 07:19 PM
Here's bin/cue version of Championship Manager 2 - Scandinavian Leagues Edition:

https://mega.nz/folder/7F8EwQAb#iAYO55uO_8cuO_zXgosPUw

Facey
19-07-20, 09:32 PM
Is there any chance someone could do this for the 1995/96 french, german and italian disk? I really want to play the italian league but cannot get it to work! Have been trying for months but i am not the most technical with these things! The italian league was my favourite game ever, Roberto Baggio at AC Milan will bring back some memories if someone can help me get it!

Facey
19-07-20, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=Nick+Co;480719]@derby: Are you using one of my download links from this thread?
https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Championship_Manager_2_(v1.56).zip
That way you only have to double-click Dosbox.exe and all should run without you doing QUOTE]

Hi there, I hope you could get this sort of set up for the italian league on championship manager 2 1995/96 as this one is only england and scotland? I still have the disks but can get it to play and have been trying for years to get it to work! I am not very technical but would love to play with baggio, maldini, panucci etc. All at AC Milan again! Please someone help me and i will be eternally grateful!

Facey
20-07-20, 11:52 AM
Anyone have the original version of championship manager 2 italian leagues 95/96? I mean the one not updated ... The one I found on this site (found by euro leagues) is the updated version, I am looking for the original game that came out in September 1995. Example: in the original game there were Hakan Sukur at Turin, Asprilla al Parma etc. While in the version downloaded from this site they are no longer there, because they were sold in the repair market in November of that year. Can anyone help me find version 1.37 of this game?

Hi buddy, where did you get the 1995 italian league from? Any version will be fine for me as the only version i can find on here is the 96/97 season where Baggio etc. Had already left Milan.
Thanks in advance!

Villepin
24-07-20, 06:17 PM
Here's Alcoholclone (LaserLock protected) version of Championship Manager 2 - Italian Leagues Edition. File dates are from December 1995.

https://mega.nz/folder/Keg3GJZa#32mcG3L_DKIoRoWZ5tmb-g

Cam F
31-07-20, 09:43 PM
Any chance please of this as a cm2 folder? When I tried it was a mounted iso and not too good with them lol. A CM2 folder would be far better.

Nick+Co
01-08-20, 10:04 AM
@Villepin: Many thanks for that! So I took that image and did the following:
1) Extracted the CM2 directory from the image using cdmage
2) Added DosBox.exe + its config and dlls
3) Removed LaserLok from cm2.exe (to do this you just need to remove the header from the exe - i.e. search for MZN as a string in the exe with a hex editor and delete any previous bytes - tah dah!)
4) Added a config.dat (that points only to the CM2 directory - so doesn't require a CD)
5) Ran SetSound.exe and set up the audio to work with DosBox
6) Zipped it all up and put it here: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2ItalianLeagues.zip

So just unzip that and double-click DosBox.exe for the full Scudetto experience :) (And Baggio is still at Milan - so this is the 1995 version as Villepin said :) )

Cam F
01-08-20, 10:33 AM
3) Removed LaserLok from cm2.exe (to do this you just need to remove the header from the exe - i.e. search for MZN as a string in the exe with a hex editor and delete any previous bytes - tah dah!)
4) Added a config.dat (that points only to the CM2 directory - so doesn't require a CD)
6) Zipped it all up and put it here: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2ItalianLeagues.zip

So just unzip that and double-click DosBox.exe for the full Scudetto experience :) (And Baggio is still at Milan - so this is the 1995 version as Villepin said :) )

It had to be you, hero as always Nick :hail: :hail: :hail:

Nick+Co
01-08-20, 03:24 PM
This is the Scandinavian version of CM2 based on the CD Villepin uploaded.

https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2Scandinavia.zip

This has Norway, Sweden and Denmark available to play (just unzip and run DosBox.exe)

Nerd Notes: This doesn't use laserlock for copy protection. Instead it checks that the drive it reads sounds and commentaries off is different to the drive the game is on. Then it tries to open a big (366mb) SCANDV20.DAT file from the CD and makes sure it's a big file. But you can turn off all these checks with just one byte change (which is what I did). The original exe is also there in each folder as CM2.ORIG.EXE (just for posterity) .

Alan
01-08-20, 04:54 PM

Awesome. Let's take Viola to the title

https://i.postimg.cc/dt1SqY9w/seriea.png

Nick+Co
03-08-20, 02:31 PM
I've taken off the 30 season limit on CM2 1.37. I'm wondering how long it can run for before breaking :)

https://i.imgur.com/QRD0E8M.png
https://i.imgur.com/EN1GjpH.png

If one wanted to do the same to the 97/98 version of the game (2.93) you'd apply:

00075625: 75 EB

EDIT: Not long till it breaks! :( looking into if I could get it running - Season 2027/28 is causing me issues right now
EDIT2: Fixed that one too - and season 27/28 running fine now :) Will see where it breaks next!
EDIT3: Hitting some fun issues. it stores for instance 2025 as 125 internally. Which is all fun and games until hitting 2028, when 128 just pushes it over the signed single byte limit and the year becomes 1772. Fixed that, but still got some oddities lol

EDIT4:
Current 1.37 patch:

# Make sure we can continue past 30 seasons
0005BF5E: 75 EB
0007BB14: 7D EB

# Correct the date on the main page
0005C0A6: F8 E8

# Correct the date on the top right
0007B473: BE B6

# Correct the date on the comp history
00078829: F8 E8

# Correct the Closing Season date
0007B3A0: BE B6

The game has never been played this far in the future before:
https://i.imgur.com/TVI64if.png

EDIT5: Currently crashes hard in Season 35 / Year 2029 - without better debugging I can't work out why. So will leave it there :)

Andrea71
03-08-20, 10:40 PM
Hi Nick, this is very interesting to me.

I am wondering, as you found that 2025 is stored as 125 and 2028 as 128 and you were also able to play around with those values... are you also able to change the starting year of the game? I would be mostly (but not only) interested in v2.00.

Thanks.

Nick+Co
03-08-20, 10:55 PM
@Andrea71: Yes I can. In 1.37 its this code:

cseg01:0003CD46 mov byte ptr dword_4187D2+1, ah
cseg01:0003CD4C mov byte ptr dword_4187D2+3, dl
cseg01:0003CD52 mov byte ptr dword_4187DA+2, ah
cseg01:0003CD58 mov byte ptr dword_4187D6+1, ch
cseg01:0003CD5E mov dh, 5Fh <------ Is 95. Changing that to 60h will make it start in 1996.
cseg01:0003CD60 xor ecx, ecx
cseg01:0003CD62 mov byte ptr dword_4187D6, dh
cseg01:0003CD68 mov byte ptr dword_4187D6+3, dh
cseg01:0003CD6E mov byte ptr dword_4187DA, dh

Why would you want to do this with v2.0?

EDIT: Just tried it with 97/98. Changing byte 0xAB085 to 0x77 let me start the game in 2019 :)

Andrea71
03-08-20, 11:27 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I am a long time CM2 updater, CM2 was my version of choice for over 20 years. I made the switch to CM0102 around 2017.

I still have a few updates/mods on my hd and I could modify the exe with an hex editor a little bit.
I also wrote a simple vba macro to import/export (various versions of) db1 files from/to xls files which sped up the update process dramatically. It also work for v2.93 files. Not too different from an hybrid TransferTool/DBUpdater.

Most of my updates are lost, but I think, for instance, I still have an Italian 2013-2014 working update applied over a modded English v2.00 exe. It would be nice if you (we) could change the starting date, and perhaps, doing something about the competition history and so on. Then I surely have an half working Brazilian update from about the same period applied over a modded Norwegian v1.1CS which has some playoff issues. I also still have a very nice but broken Italian legends DB which would be nice to resurrect.

I also have some memory/experience/familiarity about what you can do and what will break the game (replacing clubs often breaks the game, though I don't know why, max number of safely allowed players for v2.00 is around 2300, max number of clubs is around onethousandsomething, if the games breaks it will probably do at 1/8 or 20/8 of a WC year don't know why, because it seems to lock around the time the ECL seeding takes place, etc).
If there is an interests around (and you can do some of your wonders on the exe), I could probably evaluate to produce some updates, maybe even an English 2020 update over v.2.00.

I am not in the position to promise too much, though (I am usually very busy with update team duties and time is never enough).

Nick+Co
04-08-20, 09:48 AM
@Andrea71: ahh gotcha. Well to change the start year:

00064B69: 60 77

^ Would make v2.0 start in 2019
(Assuming you are using a CM2 2.00 with laserlock protection removed (else it'd be a different offset))

Andrea71
04-08-20, 10:21 PM
Hi Nick (and everyone else interested),

after you provided us with a change starting year feature for v2.00_ENG, I thought to send you some feedback. If you feel like spending some more time tweaking/investigating CM2, here's a few points.

v2.00 ENG is a 1996/97 game, which means its starting date is the same year of (edit: mistake fixed) an European Championship and two years before a World Cup. Let's call this WC+2.

I tried to set the starting date to all possible combinations

2013/14 - WC+3 : Tried twice. First run crashed immediately. Second run crashed at second season (2014 WC was not run too). Very weird.
2014/15 - WC+0 : 2016 EC was not run (not so sure anymore...), but worked fine for a few season thereafter, then I quit.
2015/16 - WC+1 : 2016 EC was not run, worked fine for a few season thereafter, then I quit.
2016/17 - WC+2 : Worked great, but ended in 2025 for the 30 seasons limit, which was not the case anymore (not starting in 1996!).

So my first findings are: WC+3 is problematic, WC+0 and WC+1 are ok when you can accept skipping the first International Comp and WC+2 works perfectly (hopefully), if you could provide your 30 season limit removal fix for v2.00 too.

I decided to go one step further and check how many season I could run if I backdated the game for a few years. After all it looks like the implementation doesn't actually counts the seasons but has a 2025 hardcoded end...

So I run a 1984 - WC+2 with the idea to verify if I could make a flawless run of ca. 40/45 seasons and get to the 2025 limit. The test is far from being finished (still at 1989 as I'm writing this) but already disappointing. It skipped 1986 WC, then it skipped 1988 EC and 1990 WC. I'm afraid it won't run any International Competition at least until 1998 (edit: confirmed, 1998 WC is played).

There's a few reasons that make me think that CM2 could be a good resource for simple historical DBs, therefore, in my opinion, not being able to backdate is a significative letdown. v2.00_ENG also has no limitations on foreigner players which would be nice to customize if possible.

Thanks for reading this.

Nick+Co
05-08-20, 08:55 AM
@Andrea: Thanks for all your testing! I'll take at the things you mentioned. Doing this for CM2 is so much harder than for CM0102 as there's no good debugger (like Olly) I can use. But I'll have a look :)

Nick+Co
06-08-20, 04:34 PM
00037701: 75 EB
0003783E: F8 E8
00054A19: F8 E8
0005757C: BE B6
0005764F: BE B6
00057CD7: 7D EB

^ Is the patch for 2.0 so that it doesn't quit at the hardcoded date (but it will crash eventually)

Andrea71
06-08-20, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your help Nick.

Just an update on my tests. I found those interesting, and maybe someone else could find those interesting too. Sorry for the long post.

The 1984 test run for 41 seasons, reached the 2025 mark and it was stopped with the 30 seasons end message.

Which means:

1) The games has the technical potential to run much longer than 30 seasons.
2) The 30 seasons end message is hardcoded in 2025.

----------------------------------------------------

So my next test was starting in 2026 to check what happens after the hardcoded 2025 end. I expected it to run more or less until 2028, when the 8bit signed variable containing the year offest surpasses 127 and falls into negative dominion.

And so it did, it crashed in August 2027, while creating the 2028 season.
The same crash happened when I tried to create a game in 2027.

Which means:
1) Even if we removed the 2025 hardcoded message, the games will crash when switching from 2027 to 2028 (I assume this is what Nick wrote a few minutes ago :ok:).

Then I tried to create a game in 1900/1905/1910... which was impossible. First working year was 1970.
Then I tried to create a game after 2028 to avoid the variable discontinuity crash... it was impossible as well.
The game crashed when at 88% of game generation.

We were not stuck yet. I had another idea. If I could find the place in the save game where the date is stored and how, I could just generate the game in a "working year". Then save, exit, open the save game and move it in whatever year you like. Which I did (the date is right at the beginning of the gndataX.svg file in a quite understandable format, byte 0 is number of seasons, byte 3 4 and 5 is the date: 01 08 60 when you start). I could move the game everywhere in the 256 range of the 8 bit variable.

But moving it over the 2028 year, means you are falling in the negative range of the variable so that the 2028/2029 season is reset to 1772/1773 (somewhere shown in a funny format). I assume that this is what Nick already found and fixed for v1.37 too.

Which means:

1) Even if we removed the 2025 hardcoded message, the games will crash when switching from 2026/2027 to 2027/2028. Even if you could skip the crash, you'll find yourself in 1772/1773 instead of 2028/2029.

As said, the 1772 issue was already found and fixed by Nick for the v1.37. I think it's the same here... wrong visualization on the main page, on the top right, on the comp history and the closing season date.

I don't know whether it's worth to go on working on this, Nick. I'm personally enjoying it, but also I have the feeling we are probably going nowhere because of the 2027/2028 crash, the save game hack described above, the WC/EC problem. And my last test finally crashed at the beginning of the 1773/1774 season. This is all becoming very messy and time consuming. Anyway, if you are still enjoing this too and you feel like fixing the dates visualization for v2.00 as well... it could be useful.

Otherwise, one completely different and promising way... we know the year is kept in an 8 bit variable which is meant to be used from 0 (though it doesn't work very well below 70) to 127 (I mean, as on offset). The offset is summed to a base which, is, obviously, 1900. If we could instruct the game to use a different value as the base (instead of working on the offset), probably we could move the starting year in a better working way.

Thanks a lot for reading all of this stuff.

Cam F
06-08-20, 07:12 PM
I donít know if I am alone in this but I am really enjoying your tests and investigations!

Nick+Co
07-08-20, 10:38 AM
if you are still enjoing this too and you feel like fixing the dates visualization for v2.00 as well... it could be useful

Already fixed that and the hardcoded date with this post:

Code:
0003783E: F8 E8
00054A19: F8 E8
0005757C: BE B6
0005764F: BE B6
^ Is the patch for 2.0 so that it doesn't quit at the hardcoded date (but it will crash eventually)

You then get a crash in August 2029 - which I haven't been able to track down yet. I'm assuming although I catch the visualisation overflows where it goes negative, I imagine it's doing it in the code elsewhere too and the negative numbers are causing craziness.

My next approach is to let the game run and think that it's starting in 1996 - but then change the visualisation everywhere so it says whatever date we want. Just changing the base might be a smart way of doing it! (I was just going to add code to plus and minus the year just before visualisation) I hadn't actually thought of that! :) Will see how far I get.

Nick+Co
07-08-20, 02:16 PM
So, with a fresh CM2 2.0 (so without the other patches):

# Make sure we can continue past 30 seasons (not particularly needed - but no harm in adding)

00037841: 6C 84
0004F59A: 6C 84
00054A1C: 6C 84
00057109: 6C 84
00057172: 6C 84
00057580: 6C 84
00057599: 6D 85

# Make it so it's "Season 2020/21" rather than "Season 2020/1"
000575E6: 74 90
000575E7: 15 90
000575EA: 03 02
000575EB: 75 7C

# Double digit hack (adding 0x18 on)
00057651: BE 83
00057652: 64 C2
00057653: 00 18
00057654: 00 83
00057655: 00 FA
00057656: 89 64
00057657: D0 7E
00057658: C1 03
00057659: FA 83
0005765A: 1F EA
0005765B: F7 64
0005765C: FE 66

000576CE: 6C 84
0005EE2C: 6C 84
0005F0A4: 6C 84
0007A346: 6C 84
0008030E: 6C 84

^ That will change all the visualisation so the game appears to be in 2020 (Even though the game internally is running as 1996). The players birth years all shift too (so the ages are correct, birth years are shifted 24 years forward)

Seems to work, but need to test more.

Nick+Co
07-08-20, 04:32 PM
https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2Year.zip

^ This is a DOS based app - so run it from DosBox with:
CM2YEAR CM2.EXE 2020

Will set a CM2 2.0 executable to start in the year 2020 with this new approach. Previous years should work too (like 1992, etc). The ages of all players should be the same as they were in 1996 (but the birth year will appear changed).
(the very basic source code is included - it just applies the patch from the above post)

I need to do a lot more testing. But then need to make some apps to build up CM2 data from the CM0102 Data updates :)

EDIT:
https://i.imgur.com/Kzwtdf2.png
I started in 2028 - think this will just run for 30 seasons no issue.

EDIT2:
https://i.imgur.com/1p0KYzS.png
^ Still a bargain
(I've also found where I can put multipliers around the contract/value/etc money values)

Andrea71
08-08-20, 10:48 AM
Wow Nick, that is really impressive! :hail:

Most members of this forum obviously know how much talented and skilled you are, but what you are achieving on CM2 in just a few days of work is almost unbelievable.

@CamF: thanks for your nice words, I was afraid I was just buliding some useless walls of text :ok:

Nick+Co
08-08-20, 01:06 PM
@Andrea: Your text is very useful! Keep it coming :)

Written the code to read & write the player files for CM2 2.0 now (and dump to a CSV so I can check it)

https://i.imgur.com/KIDh3mq.png

Already have code to read CM0102 data - now just got to do all the boring code of mapping teams/leagues/player for England.

Andrea71
08-08-20, 04:07 PM
Hi Nick, nice to see you're progressing so quickly.

I have a couple of notes from my memory, if I remember correctly.

PLAYERS
-------

This game supports 3392 players (or something around that).

The official DB1 files contains much more, around 5700, probably. The game then proceeds to only load 3392 correct players.

But, when I prepare my own db1 files, if I put more than 3392 players:

1) sometimes it works fine (3392 loaded players, can't remember how selected).
2) sometimes it makes disasters (3392 loaded players, many of them with wrong club, dob, nationality etc.)
3) sometimes the errors are limited to a small subset of players (so that you have errors and the risk not to realize it).

While writing your new app, you may want to keep an eye on that. Moreover, 3392 players are enough to enjoy the game, but sometimes I have the feeling it would be nice to increase the number of players. As it is now, the tradeoff between putting enough obscure players in third/fourt playable tiers and enough famous players in foreigner non-playable but "buyable" leagues is sometimes challenging. Maybe you can check if an improvement is possible.

TEAMS
-----

The game supports around 1100 teams more or less (clubs + nations). You should be safe up to 1090. A little bit too few in my opinion. (EDIT: not so sure anymore, but I counted 1096 teams in the tmdataX.svg...)

The game is very sensible about removing teams. Delete the "wrong" club and the game will crash. That may be related to many of them being referred in the exe (but sometimes that happened to me simply trying to rename Real Oviedo <-> Oviedo or Sporting Gijon <-> Gijon), I could never clarify the reason.

Honestly, I can't remember if this version allows to change the number of clubs for divisions (I think it's 20-24-24-24) or if it crashes if you attempt to do so.

CRASHES
-------

If the exe doesn't like your DB1s, it obviously crashes. This may happen during the game generation (usually freezes) or in the first couple of months of the game (usually crashes back to dos). Often it freezes on the report page between 30 Sep 1996 and 1 Oct 1996.

Unfortunately, there's a third kind of crash, which is the most common one. For some reason most DBs crashes (back to dos) while seeding the Champions Cup Groups around 25 Aug of a WC year (2002 - 2006 - 2010 - 2014 etc.). Why the ECL seeding of a WC year is obscure to me, so I could very well be wrong, but anyway, the cohincidence is there. In some cases it also crashes when it's not a WC year.
Usually the crash is stable. If you reload from your last save, it repeats again and again on any new attempts. In other cases the crash is not stable and after reloading, it doesn't happen a second time.

That means if you want to be sure your DB is ok, running a couple of seasons is not enough. You should run a full 30 seasons test, and probably more than once.

SUGGESTIONS
-----------

Turning the English CM2 exe into an exe for another country is very easy. For instance I changed a dozen strings in the exe (competions names, national adjectives) and turned it into a fully working Italian exe.
Which means, when you will be done with your tool to convert cm0102 DB into an English CM2 DB1, you could probably generalize it adding the option to select the country of your choice.

MAYBE. The game is too easy when played with a centralized tactics (and probably direct tactics) and probably there are too many scored goals. MAYBE.

Cam F
08-08-20, 11:59 PM
The thing I love about CM2 is the Clive Tydsley commentary, it's quite funky, would be cool if in all your experiments it still stays, I know in the original version for English league it would say actual players names like Cantona tries a shot, does a looping pass...etc

Nick+Co
09-08-20, 12:22 PM
My first attempt at automating an update from CM0102 data direct to CM2 data:

https://i.imgur.com/CfPZOzr.png

https://i.imgur.com/9b62BDZ.png

Lots of obvious irregularities to clean up - but a good start at least!
(EDIT3: Updated the team pic as there were some obvious things that needed fixing! So that's the nth attempt :) )

EDIT2:
https://i.imgur.com/MaQXesW.png
Getting there...(still need to sort out the leagues)

Cam F
09-08-20, 12:57 PM
How frigging cool.

Nick+Co
12-08-20, 11:50 AM
Minor update: I got super stuck! kept getting the errors "addname 1" and "genfictplyr 1".

addname 1 = There are 13000 bytes for storing all the names of everything, and I couldn't believe I was using them all. Well I wasn't, but you're not allowed v.long names. Even though the data file can hold 35 characters, I crop now at 20, 25 (which was the longest name I was pulling) caused this issue.

genfictplyr 1 = This was all due to Newport County. In the 2.0 data its nation is set to EXTINCT and its not in any division. I was putting it rightly in Division 3 - but it not having England as its nation caused this error.

Literally took a day to solve the above! But now back on track :) All major English leagues are in with ~30 players with their birthdates, stats, etc all from the CM0102 2020 update. Seems to be working well. Now just got to update all the other players, get managers right and then do something about the histories......
....so a little way to go. But think I've done the hard bit now.

Nick+Co
14-08-20, 06:39 PM
2nd Minor Update:

Player Histories are generally in (with some caveats):
https://i.imgur.com/AHdZ93z.png

I spent a lot of time yesterday making it so that CM2 could take more than the ~3000 players. Which meant expanding out its data segment, moving the place where it stores names and then changing all the "fixup" tables in the linear executable to point to this new block. It does work - but not as well as I'd like. I thought I could have almost "infinite" players (as its a 32 bit executable) - but still get stuck around the 4000 mark (but at least it doesn't crash - there must be some other barrier where it just stops loading at around 4000).

The worst culprit is teams - it's very hardcoded to be 1100 teams and that will be tricky to expand (but not impossible). What makes this worse is that you can't have a player history point to a team that doesn't exist. So where players where at Teams that I don't have in the DB, it's just listing the team as "Unknown" in the history.

Nick+Co
16-08-20, 02:20 PM
3rd Minor Update (for literally the only other 2 people on the planet other than myself that care :) )

https://i.imgur.com/p2Ocl8P.png

https://i.imgur.com/cVxGBDO.png

Foreign league players are now in (with their histories).

I worked out how to get around properly the ~3400 player limit. Not sure how many I can push it to - currently have 3156 domestic players and 1412 foreign players (4568 total). All with histories.

The 1100 club limit is still proving hard to get around! But working within it right now (as that's not too bad seeing as there's only English and Scottish leagues to actually play in). Will revisit expanding it soon (spent a day on it so far and didn't get very far!)

Need to sort out managers next - and the Scottish leagues (not really touched them yet!) then probably have something playable I can upload.

Cam F
16-08-20, 02:29 PM
As one of those 2, how frigging cool!!!

Alan
16-08-20, 05:21 PM
I'm sort of half, in that I loved CM2, but not really interested in updates. But if Spain and Germany can be made to work like the Italian leagues above, I'm close to orgasm.

Andrea71
16-08-20, 06:22 PM
Hi Nick,

I don't know what you want to do, what you can achieve, and/or what you are going to do with the Scottish leagues, but disabling them, if possible, can be a reasonable idea, especially if we are still limited in terms of number of players. That way you can avoid creating lots of minor Scottish players which will take room that could be dedicated to better players.

Anyway, the original game loads two different sets of players if you create an English or Scottish game. I don't know the algorithm behind it and that may be the reason for the original game having 5700 players in DB1 files and only loading ca. 3400.

There are at least 3 different v2.00 existing exe that I know of: the English/Scottish one, the Spanish one and the Italian one. The Spanish and Italian ones support only one country and two tiers, so if it is useful for you to have a look at them for a comparison vs the English/Scottish one, that's a resource.

Finally a further couple of remarks, mostly things I can't understand, but you'll never know, maybe they can be useful for your work.

The English/Scottish version includes a couple of extra IDX files, containg a list of players and teams. I did not investigate them yet, but it is possible that those are used to decide which players/teams are to be loaded from the DB1s when you create an English or a Scottish game.

There's a DataSet field in players record. I never understood what it's used for... maybe it was meant as a variable to decide if the player belongs to English dataset or Scottish dataset? I don't think it's used though, if I remember correctly it's very often set to 0. Maybe it turned into an unused field?

Cam F
16-08-20, 06:26 PM
Disable Scotland? :puke:

Andrea71
16-08-20, 06:55 PM
Disable Scotland? :puke:

:lol: Sorry CamF... :lol: I am absolutely not pushing for it, just an hypothesis to simplify a bit the scenario. Nick will surely understand what to do much better than me :ok:

My concern is that if we won't be able to have two different sets loaded and we are going to have for instance... 1000 Scottish players loaded out of 4500 in an English game... it is possible that it won't be very nice. We may even get to a point where we'll have Scottish players scattered everywhere in English, European and Extra-European clubs.

Nick+Co
16-08-20, 07:15 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PDB3r92.png

https://i.imgur.com/FaD5zb8.png

Scotland is already in :) (although I just deleted Aberdeen and Hamilton so that the prem is 10 teams as an easy solution - so not perfect)

If you haven't played CM2 in a while - it is strangely more enjoyable than you'd think. So I'm actually looking forward to finishing this update and playing :) Plus, the update is all done with code so now as long as there are 0102 updates, there will be CM2 updates :)

@Andrea: Thanks for the tips - will look into all of that! and I agree, dataset doesn't seem to be used (I think it was meant to equal the file it was loaded from so DataSet == 0 for pldata1.db1, 1 == pldata2.db).

EDIT: Does anyone have the ISO version of "Championship Manager 2 The Italian Leagues 96/97" they could upload? I can only find the cut down cracked versions online

Cam F
16-08-20, 08:25 PM

https://i.imgur.com/FaD5zb8.png

Scotland is already in :) (although I just deleted Aberdeen and Hamilton so that the prem is 10 teams as an easy solution - so not perfect)

If you haven't played CM2 in a while - it is strangely more enjoyable than you'd think. So I'm actually looking forward to finishing this update and playing :) Plus, the update is all done with code so now as long as there are 0102 updates, there will be CM2 updates :)

@Andrea: Thanks for the tips - will look into all of that! and I agree, dataset doesn't seem to be used (I think it was meant to equal the file it was loaded from so DataSet == 0 for pldata1.db1, 1 == pldata2.db).

EDIT: Does anyone have the ISO version of "Championship Manager 2 The Italian Leagues 96/97" they could upload? I can only find the cut down cracked versions online

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zyudpe

Nick+Co
16-08-20, 10:58 PM
Thanks Cam - but that's not the version I'm looking for - I think there's a version, like Andrea said, that's a CM v2.0 Italian from 96.

guidocimm
17-08-20, 08:14 AM
Could this be useful?
https://www.old-games.com/download/7372/championship-manager-2-italian-leagues

Nick+Co
17-08-20, 09:20 AM
@guido: Thanks - already have those - but looking for the original iso/patches - just for archiving as much as anything :)

guidocimm
17-08-20, 01:13 PM
@Nick: I remembered that I bought CM2 1996-97 in Italian version. I look for the CD, take out the iso and try to post it. I'll try to make it for tonight, otherwise I'll do it tomorrow.

guidocimm
17-08-20, 03:06 PM
So, I managed to find the image of CM2 1996-97 Italian version on an old hard disk. In my notes I found that 24 years ago I was given a burned copy of that version by a friend who had a computer shop and wanted to introduce me to the game. From version 1997-98 onwards, and later since Football Manager was born, I have personally purchased the game every year. Between 2001 and 2004 I was one of the researchers of Championship Manager Italy.
Anyway the link is:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1de6yu2a6f5h4pq/file

Nick+Co
17-08-20, 04:26 PM
Guido: Perfect! Thank you!

EDIT: For those that want to play it, here's an easy to play version (with the Italian commentary): https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/CM2Ital96_v2.zip
Just unzip and double-click CM2.exe

Cam F
17-08-20, 05:16 PM
How frigging cool, my basic Italian got me to my Milan team! Looks so different yet the same.

Thanks Nick and Guido :hail:

guidocimm
19-08-20, 11:03 AM
@Andrea: Your text is very useful! Keep it coming :)

Written the code to read & write the player files for CM2 2.0 now (and dump to a CSV so I can check it)

https://i.imgur.com/KIDh3mq.png

Already have code to read CM0102 data - now just got to do all the boring code of mapping teams/leagues/player for England.

Hi, Nick. I would like to know if there will be the possibility to create a custom db for CM2 (and CM97-98) using a software similar to Transfer Tool for CM0102. I would also like to know if it will be possible to use a patch like the one you made for CM0102 to change the start date of CM2 (or CM9798). I ask you this because I have collected a lot of data from the 1965-66 and 1970-71 seasons in csv format in the last fifteen years and I would like to make some retro updates. I'm an Inter fan and those two seasons have a special meaning for me. Thanks

Nick+Co
19-08-20, 02:30 PM
@Guido:

if there will be the possibility to create a custom db for CM2
Yes, I am working on a tool to create one from any CM0102 database. So the aim would be to use the tools you use now to create a CM0102 DB - then use this to convert it to CM2. I don't have any intention right now to support CM97/98 directly though.

patch like the one you made for CM0102 to change the start date of CM2 (or CM9798)
Yes, that actually exists, in a very early version on this thread: https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5465&p=487631#post487631

guidocimm
19-08-20, 04:13 PM
@Nick: Thank you very much.

Andrea71
19-08-20, 10:40 PM
Hi Nick, still a few notes for fine tuning. Sorry in case of inaccurate info.

EXNMES.txt
----------

There is an EXNMES.txt file in the game. I think it contains some extra names used to generate "grey" players and regens. You may want to customize it if you like. Heavy editing can lead the game to crash, hopefully in a very evident way, during the game generation.

I suspect it would make no sense putting "Paolo Rossi" in it, if at least one "Paolo" and at least one "Rossi" is already in DB.

At first I tried to use it to add some legends in the game. I was just hoping for some Platini or Maradona regen appear in the game. But after I had a ridicoulous amount of Van Basten and Neeskens popping out as "grey" fringe players in many minor Dutch clubs, I decided it was not so cool as I hoped, after all.

I had a problem derived by too many countries and too few players. I don't know exactly how it works, but regens may get their names according to the areas their countries belongs to (BALKAN, BRAZIL, BRITAIN, CENTRAL AFRICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, EASTERN EUROPE, FRANCE, GERMANY, ITALY, LOW COUNTRIES, MIDDLE EAST, NORTH AFRICA, NORTHERN EUROPE, RUSSIA, SCANDANAVIA, SOUTH AFRICA, SOUTHERN EUROPE, SPAIN) therefore it may happen, for instance, that Korean players get Japanese name/surname, which is very bad. I can't remember if I had success fixing this by properly customizing the EXNMES.txt, I think I didn't. Maybe you'll be able to change/extend the countries areas, or you'll put enough players in DB to avoid this issues happening.

transfer sys
------------

Countries have a field named transfer sys. This is for setting the transfers deadline. As far as I know it is not possible to have a summer window and a winter window. The game only support one window which closes as following:

transfer sys set to 1 deadline 31/03
transfer sys set to 2 deadline 07/02
transfer sys set to 3 deadline 10/01
transfer sys set to 4 deadline 27/12
transfer sys set to 5 deadline 25/11
transfer sys set to 6 deadline 30/08

UEFA
----

The game supports much less European countries than we have today (like, they were probably less than 40 and now they are more than 50). If I remember well this shouldn't be a problem. As long as you add European countries, all of them play their friendlies, all of them are properly allocated to the Euro Qualifying Groups and WC Qualifying Groups and everything works fine. EDIT: We are PROBABLY fine up to 54 countries, you may want to have a look at least when you need to add a country #55.

UEFA Club Competitions is a little different though. If I remember well, the UEFA Allocation Table support a fixed number of entries (let's say, just to provide an instance, 36). If you put a 37th European country in DB it is left out of the table and its clubs are NEVER entered into the three European competitions. It is then recommended to initialize properly the UEFA Coefficients in the DB, because the game will select the countries with the higher coefficients.

For instance: you create Serbia and do not allocate a UEFA Coefficient, which therefore is set to 0. Serbian clubs won't ever take part to UEFA Competitions. On the other hand, if you set Serbia Coefficient to 10.000 and put, say, Malta Coefficient to something lower than 10.000, Serbia will get Malta slot in the table.

guidocimm
22-08-20, 06:55 PM
@Nick
I tried to use CM2Year but something's wrong. I put it in the same directory as CM2 (the Italian version 1996-97) but when I launch it writing CM2YEAR CM2.exe 2020 (or other years like 1970 or 1992) I always get this message:
Cannot detect CM2.exe version !
Any suggestions ? Thanks

toscobank
23-08-20, 04:53 PM

amazed at your work Nick!!! I know nothing bout these computer stuffs but I highly laud your efforts on both CM2 and 3 series - waiting for you to do something on the original CM92!

the conversion of updated rosters into CM2 leads me to believe that something similar can be done on reverse, i.e. CM2 series rosters from all the thousands of data disks on the 0102 "chassis". would that be feasible?

guidocimm
24-08-20, 06:04 PM
I tried a little while ago cm2year with the English version of cm29697, the one you can download at this link posted by Nick:
It works perfectly. With the Italian version cm2year does not work at all.

OldSchoolManager
16-10-20, 08:43 PM
Hello Nick!

Is it possible to use these resources somehow in CM9798?

For example, I try to use CM2YEAR on CM9798 but it always shows me this message "Cannot detect CM2.exe version"

Then I tried changing byte 0xAB085 to 0x77 and this worked going into 2019, but all players are now 22 years older and the game crashes when no young players are found for the PFA young award.

What about the other steps?
I mean this:

"# Make sure we can continue past 30 seasons (not particularly needed - but no harm in adding)

00037841: 6C 84
0004F59A: 6C 84
00054A1C: 6C 84
00057109: 6C 84
00057172: 6C 84
00057580: 6C 84
00057599: 6D 85

# Make it so it's "Season 2020/21" rather than "Season 2020/1"
000575E6: 74 90
000575E7: 15 90
000575EA: 03 02
000575EB: 75 7C

# Double digit hack (adding 0x18 on)
00057651: BE 83
00057652: 64 C2
00057653: 00 18
00057654: 00 83
00057655: 00 FA
00057656: 89 64
00057657: D0 7E
00057658: C1 03
00057659: FA 83
0005765A: 1F EA
0005765B: F7 64
0005765C: FE 66

000576CE: 6C 84
0005EE2C: 6C 84
0005F0A4: 6C 84
0007A346: 6C 84
0008030E: 6C 84

^ That will change all the visualization so the game appears to be in 2020 (Even though the game internally is running as 1996). The players birth years all shift too (so the ages are correct, birth years are shifted 24 years forward) "

The general question is:

Can I do all this in cm9798 somehow?

Cheers

Cam F
18-10-20, 10:23 AM
OSM, Nick hasn't posted in almost 2 months and must be taking a well earned break from the forum.

OldSchoolManager
20-10-20, 07:58 AM
OSM, Nick hasn't posted in almost 2 months and must be taking a well earned break from the forum.

Sorry, i'm not an active participant in a forum. I'm David from Argentina.
I came across this and it looks cool to me. Andrea and Nick are geniuses!

Personally I personally like cm9798 better because of having a lot of leagues and players (I always run three leagues simultaneously) or maybe it's just nostalgia since it's the game that I played the most in my whole life.
I've played this game in four different decades, if that's not replayability I don't know what it is. In my experience at least, this is largely due to Andrea, Norb, Kev and Steve who have fascinated me with their updates. So much so that my 57-year-old father, who started me as a CM2 manager, got hooked on the game again.

I'm doing a South American leagues update with UCME and CM2ED but it's too much work for one guy.
It would be much easier and faster to be able to update directly from a spreadsheet.
I have been able to identify each byte of the .db1 file in a hex editor (although Unique ID, ability, potential and reputation I don't understand how they are encoded) but I have no idea how to transfer a spreadsheet to a .db1 file.

Nick+Co
21-10-20, 11:10 AM
@OSM:

I don't understand how they are encoded
Depends how good your coding skills are but take a look at: https://github.com/nckstwrt/CM0102Patcher/blob/master/CM2.cs (specifically functions like ConvertShortToCM2Format - the code I wrote for this is awful - but does work at least :) )

guidocimm
02-11-20, 11:32 PM
Hi Nick. Glad you're back. I didn't really understand one thing: is your cm0102patcher already able to generate a useful db1 file for CM2?

Nick+Co
03-11-20, 01:32 PM
@guido: There's code in there to do it - but it's not exposed to the user yet (as it is a delicate process currently!). Working on CM2 is what made me take a hiatus (it was pretty hardcore work making CM2 accept more players, etc - it burnt me out!) - but want to revisit it to get a Nov 2020 Data Update out for CM2 :)

rogercamion
11-11-20, 11:14 AM
Hello,

I'm one of the administrator over MyAbandonware.com, database of old video games. I love to archive all kind of video games, and the task is huge.

I would like to host as many CM games as possible, with proper credits attributed and links to ChampMan0102.

Can any of you send me a compilation of all CM 2 version ever found? Or specific version you may have, you can send me DMs.

We have been online for 12 years, hosting game file ourselves and intend to continue as long as possible. File sharing websites may close or remove a file after some inactive time. I would like to give CM connoisseurs a way to easily play their favourite game, and discover the wonderful community on this forum.

I hope you will consider my humble request.

Best regards,
Baptiste