PDA

View Full Version : Hard Tackling

dvlx
10-08-14, 04:19 PM
Hey guys, I've always wondered, but is Hard Tackling necessary for a good tactic? Every tactic I've ever saw has deployed this and I was wondering how much of an effect it has on the effectiveness.

Rxx
10-08-14, 10:08 PM
I tried normal tackling for a while, it made me concede more goals, and less ball posession some times, but the winning percentage was almost equal to when I'm using hard tackle.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
11-08-14, 06:08 AM
Normal is just as effective IMO

Diggler
11-08-14, 07:00 AM
This is interesting, in my current save I'm having a really rough time with injuries and suspensions. At one point I had 2 people sent off per game for 3 games in a row!

Rxx
11-08-14, 08:37 AM
This is interesting, in my current save I'm having a really rough time with injuries and suspensions. At one point I had 2 people sent off per game for 3 games in a row!

That has happened to me, fine them, and try to get coaches with high levels of discipline, 15 or higher, still it might not solve much, if the players in question are high on Temperament and low on Professionalism.

Diggler
11-08-14, 11:23 AM
I always play with hard tackling and I accept that I should have more players sent off but that season was ridiculous. I warned them repeatedly and appealed all decisions which suprisingly got most of the bans revoked. Thats another thing I havent seen happen much.

Tapani
11-08-14, 04:15 PM
When benchmarking tactics, hard tactics usually pays off.

When playing yourself, you need to be adaptive. 1-2 quick yellow cards, and you know you have nazi-referee, and better behave.
Or when the weather is very bad, it can be a good idea to go down to normal tackling. And players you know are bad boys, should be told to behave.
Or if you already have yellow cards, it might be a good idea to let them go to normal tackling (maybe evne easy if you are ahead in the game).

Diggler
11-08-14, 04:49 PM
Thanks Tapani, good stuff to know. However I would say 80% of these were straight reds (usually in the first half) and I always play with Man Utd which is why I thought it was strange at the amount of red cards I was getting, plus the revoked bans is something I have never had before (so many).

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
11-08-14, 06:39 PM
United always get a favour off the FA though, aye?

Diggler
12-08-14, 07:58 AM
If only to make up for the ref bias against us :)