PDA

View Full Version : Champman Madness

Janis89
01-09-14, 03:38 PM
We all know the new update is out soon(ish)

Let`s get a game going. with regulars.

Post if you are interested :ok:

ebfatz
01-09-14, 03:46 PM
Details?

Janis89
01-09-14, 03:48 PM
Same as the others. Mo wib wob. Flat back 4. Other than that I think it is free for all.

We have to agree on leagues etc though.

But any ideas are most welcome :ok:

Redknapp69
01-09-14, 05:02 PM
Never done a network game so you'll have to step me through it but I should be IN

Janis89
01-09-14, 05:06 PM
I`ll post up all the details when sober :ok:

wifly
01-09-14, 07:32 PM
I'm interested, already played the English league. I hope that this will be good too. ;)

Janis89
01-09-14, 07:38 PM
I'm interested, already played the English league. I hope that this will be good too. ;)

what`s your Hamachi nick again?

wifly
02-09-14, 08:19 PM
Max-PC

ClayDatsusara
03-09-14, 01:16 PM
Days??

Janis89
03-09-14, 02:11 PM
Have no plan. Was just checking for interest. Everyone is welcome to come with ideas.

Days and times will be agreed on.

Flat back four and no wibwob should be hardcoded imo.

peterazo
03-09-14, 02:22 PM
Never done a network game so you'll have to step me through it but I should be IN

Same here!

Janis89
03-09-14, 03:12 PM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=568

Some good info there.

I would like Eng, Ita, Spa, Ger as leagues.

peterazo
03-09-14, 03:36 PM
How many players will you wait for? All in same League?

Janis89
03-09-14, 03:43 PM
All in the same league is most fun. New update is not out before maybe October. So have good time to make some rules etc.

Feel free to share any ideas.

I liked the old network games very good and the rules we had there. So I will aim for that.

3 or 4 players is minimum. Over is prefered :P

Offside Trap
03-09-14, 08:49 PM
Tuesday night would be good for me, 7ish UK time

Maybe a planned routine for session, i,e,

session 1, sort squads,bid for players etc...
session 2, kick off 1st league games

I'd suggest making 2-3 Hammi groups, post em or pm them with password and go from there

peterazo
03-09-14, 11:03 PM
Great stuff, thanks a lot for PM Offside Trap. I've done all steps so I should do fine! Tuesday's 7ish should be fine for me also.

Redknapp69
03-09-14, 11:35 PM
Right - downloaded and installed that Hamachi thing and deleted the file from CM folder and double clicked ip file (which did nothing)

What's next?

Thanks for the pm as well offside trap!

foo_jam2002
04-09-14, 01:53 PM
I am interested too. I never tried a network game, i remember trying to set up a game with 2 friends, connecting cables etc but something was missing. We also want to play a game with member Tsakas but we haven't done it yet. I have Hamachi installed and playing ODB right now.

Janis89
05-09-14, 01:29 PM
Will be no problem getting everyone set up when due time. As long as you don`t have Vista or something similar :lol:

My intention was to check for interest and start when the new update comes out.

But if people really wanna play asap. We could always set up a game with the March edition.

And I`ve given out links on how to get everything set up :

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=568

Will be home tonight so if anyone wanna test their hamachi and see if you have set it up correctly. I`m available for that tonight.

Let me know guys! :ok:

eddieC
05-09-14, 01:51 PM
I'm up, never done a network game and have alot of free time and free weekends... so count me in!!! ;)

Offside Trap
05-09-14, 06:49 PM
No worries on the pm's guys :)

Janis - im good tonight if theres interest as my regular game isnt on. Have sent you a pm

Janis89
05-09-14, 11:09 PM
Sorry lads. Going to aparty.

Redknapp69
14-09-14, 07:29 PM
Any update on this Janis or you still partying?! :dance: :rockon: :tea:

swedishcmgod
15-09-14, 12:37 PM
Im in too fellas, rules and leagues all sound good

MrFoo
19-09-14, 08:31 AM
I could play this, is it using ODB? or updates?

rasbeebs
23-09-14, 12:24 AM
please can i join, i promise u im that guy! user, spurs4lizzy password 1882, please bring me in

Redknapp69
06-10-14, 10:57 PM
dropping out of this chaps. New update out soon with will start on that

Janis89
24-06-15, 01:43 PM
Alright boys whos`s interested

No Wib\wob

Min 3 defenders and 2 wide men

One set day for example Sunday where everyone can participate. This is crucial the first 6-12 months in game so people don`t lag too far behind and lose interest

Can do original db or the latest odb update

Have a few other ideas, but checking for interest first

And if anyone have any ideas please post them here or pm me :ok:

London35
24-06-15, 08:33 PM
a few things ive noticed playing network games the last few yrs...

the more people who play the more the game dies...
regular times/days works ok....but u need to have a certain percentage to play the game...fair that way.....say 6 players...4 must be online to play etc...
no passwords so people can be put on holiday...
a set time to bid for players during off season etc.....then keep stuff to when others are playing....slow play is the biggest frustration....

there are more ...but thats ok for starters

Janis89
24-06-15, 09:06 PM
a few things ive noticed playing network games the last few yrs...

the more people who play the more the game dies...
regular times/days works ok....but u need to have a certain percentage to play the game...fair that way.....say 6 players...4 must be online to play etc...
no passwords so people can be put on holiday...
a set time to bid for players during off season etc.....then keep stuff to when others are playing....slow play is the biggest frustration....

there are more ...but thats ok for starters

1 - Agreed. Been a while. But iirc the sweet spot is 4-6 . Have had good games with 3. Can not recollect a good game with 6 + though

2 - Agreed. Need 1 or 2 set days for the game to run. And everyone should be there for the first sessions. That way they can remould their squad and there would be no problem holidaying until the next transfer window (at least that is what I would want for my team ) And after the start up sessions are done the majority should be there for a session to be ran - 4 out of 6 is a good call. And these session where people are missing should not be very long ideally. Transfer windows
and end of season is crucial imo.
3 - Agreed. Passwords should be banned. They are only hindering the flow - no one cares about your shortlist or how you amend the training

4 - Agreed. Off season shopping is okay. But it should not get in way of the game speed, a good flow is crucial -And as you say set times 20min for example would be a good way to handle that

More ideas\thoughts are most welcome

Redknapp69
25-06-15, 12:22 AM
I can't commit at the mo mate - work is crazy busy and not much champing as I'd like at the mo :(

Offside Trap
26-06-15, 03:40 PM
Ok - My View -

Have set rules from the very start,

Create a Hamachi group with all participants in

Ideally, use Hamachi chat instead of CM Chat, so ensure you're playing the game win Window form, I only use CM Chat when we're playing our 6-way game as we all dont fit into 1 Hamachi group (Unless you pay for an increased amount)

Accept that 1 day wont be good for 1 another etc.. so get into the habit of being online via Hamachi so others know you're about and possibly able to have a session

Leave offline messages on Hamachi as a form of communication

If you get chance, try get in any session, even if it's half hour here and there, they all count.

Have weekly save on

Be respectful in all aspects, as crashes will occur and sometimes you might lose a vital game and have to replay it, so accept this is part of the parcel in a game being a success

Have banter, makes the game form fun, such as mickey taking, that sort of stuff

Build a rapport with people wanting to play, if you're looking at long term game, dont let every Tom Dick or Harry join the game as potentially, they could ruin the game

Hope this helps