PDA

View Full Version : Network Games - General Chat

Pages : 1 [2]

TheImmortal316
29-04-20, 10:14 PM
It's been a few years...
The last thread in this section (on page 4) was copied over from the previous server by Pati. It shows the network game (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=568) we organised and played once a week on here. I think there were 12 people in that game at one point.

It's good to see some of the guys are still playing and there are threads in the network forum of ongoing games. most network games will be a group of pals, small scale maybe 3 maximum. I would mostly play with a mate for a 2 player which is quality too.

Once again I'd like to start a large scale game with 10+ players, similar to what was called the "Clan Network Game" back then.
Anyone wanting to join in, post here to register your interest.

Don't worry if you've never played online before, if you need a hand getting set up for network games have a look here (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14148) there is help on a Wednesday night to test and get you up and running, or send a PM to me in between.

We can sort out what version to play, resolution, how many leagues, what day of the week, anything else you can think of once enough interest shows this is viable.

So, who's in?:eyebrows::eyebrows:

INTERESTED
Diggler
Offside Trap
tom_oufc
Youngsy
rgpark148
ronaldo11
London35
GFRay

Diggler
30-04-20, 08:44 AM
As discussed in the PMs, I would be up for giving this a go.

TheImmortal316
30-04-20, 09:03 AM
Nice one Diggler, we will get your tablet set up tonight for network :ok:
one or two others will be around, doing the same. Hopefully they will be interested also.

Offside Trap
30-04-20, 11:10 AM
I'm always up for a weekly clan game, count me in

tom_oufc
30-04-20, 11:27 AM
depending on the day and time i'd be interested in giving it a go

Youngsy
30-04-20, 12:59 PM
Give me more details when you have em but Iíd be keen

TheImmortal316
30-04-20, 01:44 PM
Excellent guys,
adding list of interested to the OP.

rgpark148
30-04-20, 02:13 PM
I've never played a network game but I'd be interested.

ronaldo11
02-05-20, 09:00 PM
count me in :)

TheImmortal316
03-05-20, 09:56 AM
Ok, what is everyone's status in relation to network games? Have you got your setup ready? Do you need to test or anything?

I've PM'ed rgpark as they have never played before, no response yet.
Once I know you are all good to go technically (set up Hamachi and your cm install etc)

then we can get into what day to play, what leagues to run, all that type of stuff.

You're all going to need to communicate on here as well as play so don't be shy... Let us know what stage you're at and if you need an assist.

Offside Trap
03-05-20, 07:44 PM
Im all good and setup mate, I think... Sunday evening would poss be best for me, or Thursday, from 8pm (UK Time) I know a day/time is gonna hard to suit everyone. From a league setup, Im happy anywhere, always a an of EPL with the option to move abroad

TheImmortal316
03-05-20, 08:10 PM
Sunday or Thursday sounds good, I like the Sunday more, nice end to the week, let's see what the rest say...

Leagues, I usually like to run a few leagues, the main ones like ENG, ITA, SPA. GER, FRA, NED are always options as well. If I'm hosting I'm happy that I can run all 6 on this PC anyway. It's good to have loads of players for everyone to buy...

Diggler was tinkering with .Net Framework, which I was prompted to download by Nicks patch, not the networking side of things but didn't weigh in for testing last week. Should hear from him shortly I reckon, during the week.

The rest :noidea:

Time will tell...

Offside Trap
03-05-20, 10:47 PM
Sounds Good to me

London35
04-05-20, 12:52 AM
yup count me in...just need to know the time and day!...cheers

Diggler
05-05-20, 09:59 AM
Great test session last night, went much better than I thought it would - thanks to TheImmortal316 for your help!

I look forward to pitting my wits against you in the real game :-)

TheImmortal316
05-05-20, 10:31 AM
It's gonna be good craic right enough.

Will wait this week to see if any of the others that expressed interest are still about, PMs have been sent.

The three of us last night were available on Sundays, Mikey suggested 7:30/8:00PM start time for a couple of hours....

Diggler
05-05-20, 10:54 AM
I can only do after 20.30 any night. Monday is a definite but the other night per week will depend on when my wife is working.

Youngsy
05-05-20, 11:33 AM
Sorry for the slow response. Still keen. I canít do Monday and Thursday nights at the moment but may change after lockdown. Any other night including Sunday after 8pm works for me.

Iím all set up and ready to go.

Any league, any update Im easy on that front just let me know.

How does it work if one person or more canít make the slot that week? Are they put on holiday whilst the rest carry on?

TheImmortal316
05-05-20, 11:56 AM
Good man.
Yes if absent you would be holidayed.
This will be part of the tips to share with everyone, setting up holiday settings is a must (if you don't want me buying your players :P)

This is taking shape.

Offside Trap
05-05-20, 04:23 PM
Chris, have you thought about a list of rules?

NWW or WW
Non centralised tactics
2 Wide players a must
Minimum 3 at the back
Unwibwob the GK from base tactics
Limit on number of transfers arriving in (with exception of any pre arranged deals)
No bidding for fellow human players, without discussing via chat
Gentlemens agreement of not buy activating human players release clause unless AI already triggered

I could possibly reel off a few more

Diggler
05-05-20, 04:31 PM
How can the WW/NWW be enforced?

From our test last night there were no tactics to load other than the standard included tactics so it would be up to individuals to know how to set up WW tactics or not.

TheImmortal316
05-05-20, 04:33 PM
wib wob won't be allowed.

If you have a non wib tactic that you have already built, you can share it and i'll stick it in my folder so it's available to you in the game

Diggler
05-05-20, 05:02 PM
I've never "built" a tactic, it's a rabbit hole I don't need to go down right now :-D

I'll be sticking to the standard tactics then :-)

TheImmortal316
05-05-20, 07:11 PM
:D a turn of phrase just.

If you have tacs saved in any of your other games that you want to use i mean. Saves a little time of going through passing, tackling, cross ball, hold up ball, all that carry on.
I've actually had to reinstall lately so lost my previous one.

First session is generally all about that sort of thing, tactic, training, coaches etc anyway.

TheImmortal316
05-05-20, 07:20 PM
Chris, have you thought about a list of rules?

NWW or WW
Non centralised tactics
2 Wide players a must
Minimum 3 at the back
Unwibwob the GK from base tactics
Limit on number of transfers arriving in (with exception of any pre arranged deals)
No bidding for fellow human players, without discussing via chat
Gentlemens agreement of not buy activating human players release clause unless AI already triggered

I could possibly reel off a few more

I agree with all those except the transfer ones.
Wouldn't want to limit transfers in any way, obviously if you're holding up the game every time scouting while we want to play that becomes an issue but if you can quietly assemble a killer squad without interrupting the game more power to you.

(i'm going to get my ass kicked in this game because of that, I haven't followed football closely in about 10 years, I watch World cups these days that's about it)

I think I get what the reasoning behind the other one is, you don't want people just random bidding on players to unsettle them and possibly gain an advantage in that way. I don't like the idea that you aren't allowed to bid on a player without checking first though...
We will know if bids or genuine or if anyone is being unsportsmanlike :lol:

What do you mean by buy activating human players? If you have signed a player to a release clause and someone wants to pay that, you don't want them to be allowed to? I don't like that idea. Don't offer them the clause, or try and make it at a level you would be happy to accept?

I'll finalise all that rules and leagues etc once we have final numbers. At the end of this week most likely, then the big kick off on 17th May is what I'm thinking.

Offside Trap
05-05-20, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I got 1 or 2 Ive built, that Ill send as and when Chris

Youngsy
05-05-20, 07:50 PM
All the above sounds good to me.

You can disable wibwob on Nicks patcher so people canít go into it. Otherwise I donít know how you would police someone using wibwob?

I like the idea of going for a newer update as surely weíll be paying well over the odds on contracts for the same old champ legends!

TheImmortal316
05-05-20, 09:13 PM
I did something with the patcher the other day and it stopped me entering the tactics button, the team instructions part grey box at the top.
I mean, if someone wants to win that bad that they will put that much effort in to wib wob and non wib wob in between games (as I will have the save at the end of each session) then they are not well in my opinion. :lol:

Go with the honour system, to be honest getting a decent game going and a bit of buzz about the network section is what's in this for me. I love the game but I know you will all be better players than me at this point, haven't played in years and I've had one game (2 and a half seasons) with the new patch.

At the moment I have the latest data and Saturn V9 installed, makes it nice and easy to go with that :ok:

Offside Trap
05-05-20, 09:23 PM
Ive an ODB version installed using Nicks Patcher, where Ive disabled WW, and it does prevent it, but you cant load any tactics at all, so would have to create from scratch, even mid season if you wished to change. I think its a case of trust in saying its a NWW game

GFRay
06-05-20, 07:35 AM
Is there still room for one more? I'd like to participate :)

TheImmortal316
06-05-20, 07:55 AM
Of course mate. Plenty of room.
You're set up for network play already or need any help testing it?

Diggler
06-05-20, 08:34 AM
I agree with Chris on the proposed rules and happy to play gentlemen's rules on WW/NWW (even if I won't know anyway).

Good to see Chris getting the excuses in already :-D

TheImmortal316
06-05-20, 08:35 AM
the Alex Ferguson method :lol:

Offside Trap
06-05-20, 07:36 PM
Rayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyy

GFRay
07-05-20, 11:06 PM
Of course mate. Plenty of room.
You're set up for network play already or need any help testing it?

I'm all good mate, thanks. :)

Looking forward to this!

PokaHontazzz
10-05-20, 11:47 AM
wib wob won't be allowed.

If you have a non wib tactic that you have already built, you can share it and i'll stick it in my folder so it's available to you in the game

Every one with flat 442 non wib wob is the way to go!! :lol:

Stylas
14-05-20, 08:15 PM
hi...i want to play network game , i have windows 7 and my friend window 10..i tried hamachi , didnot have any problem in my pc but in my friends pc dont work...Any ideas how to get one going on windows 10??

TheImmortal316
15-05-20, 10:58 AM
hi...i want to play network game , i have windows 7 and my friend window 10..i tried hamachi , didnot have any problem in my pc but in my friends pc dont work...Any ideas how to get one going on windows 10??

It's hard to say what the issue is, especially if it's your mate's computer and not yours, but you haven't given a lot of information here.
What have you done so far? Have you followed the guide from the forum (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9564)?

Are you able to start (host) a network game?
Does you server address in the game match your hamachi address?
Have you turned off your firewall while hosting?

mikey712
30-08-20, 11:45 AM
Hi mate, are you running any network games at the moment? I'm a complete newbie to it but im deff interested in giving it a go

Offside Trap
30-08-20, 01:25 PM
Mikey712 - how you doing mate, Im Mikey hahah

Keep an eye on here for new games starting, also on FB Group, I tend to host short term games where its a Euro or WC challenge, as can be tough to gain consistancy on a long term game, so communication is key. I've 3 games on-going, 1 which is a 3 man with Ian and Pep, where we're into season 83, another with 4 guys from FB where we're into season 5 on ODB, and another with some guys called Garry & Mark. Its just a case of keeping an eye out mate, ensure you got Hamachi though, thats a must

mikey712
30-08-20, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I would join any game at any point really because all i'm trying to do at first is familiarise myself with how it works, i have been playing the game for years but never played a network game even once. I am available anytime of the day to play so i'm not fussy about that part of it either. It's just the setting it up part and getting started i have no clue about.

Read all the 'getting started with network game' page. Just looking for one to join now.

Thanks for the advice mate.

Offside Trap
30-08-20, 05:58 PM
With my current games, its not a case of people joining them once they're off and running, my 83 season game, I started with Pep & Ian over 6 years back hahah. What I can do tomorrow sometime if you want, is run a test, ensure you can join games, and host (if you want to) Ive a video i made a while back, to help if you wanna have a gander at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Xq02E8nRM&t=720s

mikey712
30-08-20, 06:07 PM
6 Years ago! Wow! No bugs or crashes in all that time? How reliable is a network game in general, it's just i've read peoples stories of game crashing and they have not been able to recover (Very annoying).

Yeah sure we can run that test, thanks alot for offering. Just name the time mate and ill watch that video in the mean time.

I've downloaded Hamachi. Is there any other programs i need that come in handy?

Cheers

Offside Trap
30-08-20, 06:12 PM
We've had the odd random crash, but at best, we lose a week, as weekly save always on. Before we started, we had a 12 season game, which I only had 1 save of, ad it corrupted, so lesson learned there, so I save it 3 times now. You can get the program Radmin too, that works, but hamachi is really all you need, ensure youve set it up, and able to join a hamachi group, as this can sometimes be a pain, valid e mail and all that

Offside Trap
30-08-20, 06:19 PM
Few key things to remember really - Always run as admin: compatibility must be NT4.0 (for w7) or Windows95 if using w8/10: when editing the ~net file, be sure to edit it on desktop, and change to match your hamachi IP, then save it there, and after copy/paste it back into your CM directory

mikey712
30-08-20, 08:02 PM
Watched the video mate, very informative. Look forward to testing tomorrow! Downloaded Teamviewer just in case too lol. Do you have a time now or shall i keep an eye out for a message on here?

Thanks again Mike

Offside Trap
30-08-20, 09:08 PM
Ill message here tomorrow mate, as im currently on a game atm

mikey712
30-08-20, 09:29 PM
No problem mate, I'll keep an eye out. :ok

Offside Trap
30-08-20, 11:51 PM
Dropped you a pm mate with a few hamachi group log in details

Offside Trap
31-08-20, 12:17 PM
Ready when you are

mikey712
31-08-20, 12:51 PM
Yeah mate ready to go

jase25555
03-09-20, 02:39 PM
If there's any on going saves that any of you are doing I'd be down to trying join/play and agree time and days to suit

mikey712
03-09-20, 06:32 PM
Hi mate, i was looking to get a game together. There is another lad also Youngsy his name is.

What times/days are you available?

I'll message him the same thing also.

jase25555
03-09-20, 08:59 PM
Hi mate, i was looking to get a game together. There is another lad also Youngsy his name is.

What times/days are you available?

I'll message him the same thing also.

I work shifts but available every Sunday all day every other Saturday then the odd days in the week for a few hours - all depends what you guys can play?

Let me know what you want to see from a game no doubt I'll be in

mikey712
03-09-20, 11:51 PM
Sunday seems like a good starting point mate. March 20 database with Nicks patcher with hidden stats and plus 20 attributes? I've asked him to host as it's my first bash at it. Any other suggestions pal?

jase25555
04-09-20, 12:30 PM
Sunday seems like a good starting point mate. March 20 database with Nicks patcher with hidden stats and plus 20 attributes? I've asked him to host as it's my first bash at it. Any other suggestions pal?

Do you boys feel like the ODB? on 3.68 currently - kinda enjoying it currently but I'll have to be open to change

mikey712
16-10-20, 07:36 PM
Ok! Looking to start a new network game. had a bit of practice with it lately getting used to how it works and what not-but now i wanna get into a proper regular long term game with a few other CM obsessives lol.

I like to take my time on things, i've played a few games where we've wizzed through a season in a few hours and thats ok but i prefer to take my time right from the start.

So 1 session at the start to get your transfers, scouting, training and all that done. Once the season starts all matches played on slow speed. That's the best part of the game for me the match itself so i like to play on slow speed and get involved. So in 1 session your only going to get like 3 or 4 games done max-so regular play is needed.

Rules and general game play:
ODB with Nicks patcher
Load all Players
Not fussed on which leagues to run but the main european ones will be there.
No wib-wob tactics
Must have wide men of some description
3-6 Human players seem about right
Times to play can be worked out, i'm not bothered as long as it regular.
I'll host

Anyone interested just let me know and we'll get one going

Cheers Mike.