PDA

View Full Version : Most ridiculous things you've seen in CM01-02?

Malovaan
30-10-14, 09:52 PM
As evidenced by the picture below, I just spotted in my game that non-league Tamworth have managed to get through to the FA Cup quarter finals (against premier league opposition, no less):

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t408/malovaan/cm0102/Tamworth1.png

It got me thinking - what's the most ridiculous computer controlled action that you've seen occur in CM01-02? Have a non-league team ever won a cup? Have a lower league team progressed to champion's league winners over a number of seasons? What crazy stuff has happened? :D

With any luck Tamworth will keep going and we'll see them in the final!

AJ
31-10-14, 12:27 PM
I've seen Maidstone climb all divisions and become prem champs. That was weird.

troza
31-10-14, 12:36 PM
Well... as the game goes on, I can say that I've seen lots of crazy stuff.

For instance, in the end of 2034-2035 here is the classification of the english 1st division:
1st Chelsea
2nd Liverpool
3rd Manchester United
8th Arsenal.

I guess that Notts C is the champion of the Premier League but I'm not sure.

I know that I've faced Amora in the champion's league final with Barreirense (two teams from the south side of Tagus River there... impossible).

My brother had Milan with 240 Mc (portuguese coin) in the serie B.

And stuff like that. I don't remember it all but I can check my game. The longer you play, the more weird stuff you see :P

RuiEsteves
31-10-14, 09:52 PM
I know that I've faced Amora in the champion's league final with Barreirense (two teams from
Amora??? WTF... they start lower league Portuguese, right? incredible.

info0
31-10-14, 10:06 PM
One of the moments is seeing AI going unbeaten whole season. Happened on few occassions for me.

(but after meddling with AI tactics for a bit, I think I can create impossible challenges :lol:)

Goofy
31-10-14, 10:20 PM
I remember seeing two current lower league English teams both in the CL semi-finals! Might have been in Red9's 100 years save........ can't remember!

info0
31-10-14, 10:21 PM
Now you made me go missing Red9 :lol:.

kuy
01-11-14, 12:38 AM
I had Wales win the World Cup just four seasons into a game - beat England on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the final

Redknapp69
01-11-14, 11:57 PM
Malovaan! Are you back?! Re-creating the Swansea story?! :pray:

troza
03-11-14, 04:47 PM
I had Wales win the World Cup just four seasons into a game - beat England on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the final

I think that this has happened to me. If they didn't won the world cup, it was the european championship.

Amora??? WTF... they start lower league Portuguese, right? incredible.

I must admit that I was wrong. It was the Champion's League semi-final... although they went to the UEFA cup final in the last year I made... but lost.

And yes... I guess that they start in the 2º division B. :P

faz44
04-11-14, 09:18 AM
Tottenham getting double relegated, Wenger taking Arsenal down.

Malovaan
05-11-14, 05:06 PM
Malovaan! Are you back?! Re-creating the Swansea story?! :pray:

Mmm, lost the motivation to keep that story going it seems. Perhaps I'll take a look back at it though, we were doing pretty well as I recall!

For now, having a good run as manager of Norwich ;)

Kingsley
06-11-14, 08:55 AM
The most rediculous happened quite regularly in one of the 2013 updates ...... Ian Holloway always got the United job when SAF retired. Can you imagine !

No screen shot, but I did see a Swedish Cup game between 2 lower league sides finish with both teams in the teens of goals after extra time. Something like 15-13 or 14-12.

ZanSnake
07-11-14, 10:15 AM
Seeing South Korea vs USA in the WC Final - think USA won - but if only it was NORTH, it would have been such a iconic funny moment for me :(

ZanSnake
07-11-14, 10:32 AM
Even worse, it was South Korea that won:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/Bogus_1_2008/WCUSAVSSouthKorea_zps2ac48754.png

JLa
07-11-14, 10:32 AM
I just started a new game with the latest update, and noticed Brackley playing in the Intertoto finals in the first season! I was like WTF..? I'm playing in France, although the English leagues are also loaded so I don't really understand why this happened.

Also, I've noticed that the Norwegian team Skotfoss often make the UEFA cup and stuff. They really shouldn't, I've never even heard of them, and I'm Norwegian. They probably play waaaay down the leagues, and I highly doubt they will accomplish anything in Norwegian football for the next twenty years or so.

Dermotron
07-11-14, 10:41 AM
Brackley are in there on purpose. Saves people giving out about United being in it.

Skotfoss could be the same bug that see's random Turkish club Eyüpspor listed as a major european club after a season (seems to have stopped happening). They were going from a rep of 5 to 15 in one season :shocked:

cosimas
09-11-14, 10:51 PM
I had a weird game once where a Scottish non-league team won the Scottish Cup (I was managing in England at the time), in about season 3, knocking out the Old Firm on the way with either mostly or all grey players.

Can't quite remember which team it was, I might try and find the save game.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
17-11-14, 10:53 AM
World Cup is always a good one. I've had both Scotland and China win it in 2002 (i.e. first season)

Otherwise all the good old transfers. My current one sees Maldini at Bradford in the second division after a season... and happy to midtable away there. Another save I had saw three players called Matthew Le Tissier playing for one of the Oceanian countries... Fiji or whatever

Oh, I've also definitely seen a non-league side win the FA Cup in England in the first season (Hitchin?) but only when playing as a background league. Don't reckon you can trust anything that happens in background mode (and fortunately modern PCs can run all leagues foreground so no problem)!

Chill
21-11-14, 09:17 PM
I don't have the save game this grab is from any more, but I can safely say nothing in 01/02 has ever left me as flabbergasted.

http://i.imgur.com/sxM1MGO.jpg

F1Krazy
28-11-14, 11:32 AM
World Cup is always a good one. I've had both Scotland and China win it in 2002 (i.e. first season)

In my most recent game I saw Ireland reach the 2002 final...they lost to Italy though. They had my team's captain playing for them so it was a fairly pleasant surprise. Don't think I've been lucky enough to see anything REALLY crazy happen yet though.

Dermotron
28-11-14, 12:19 PM
Saipan stopped that from happening irl. Still a big case of 'what might have been' with Roy playing or even knocking the Spanish out.

BlazeRavenwolf
28-11-14, 04:11 PM
@Chill: I have seen the yellow cards thing before, may be a patch bug/glitch

I have seen Man Utd relegated from Premiership & take 3 years to come back

Also seen Liverpool go out of the league and never return (not for the 6 years I played on after that anyway)

weejonnie2
28-11-14, 06:05 PM
One event the referees DID get right and the brown envelopes not wasted.

vtos
01-12-14, 09:37 AM
In my save (original game, no patches and updates) Denmark won both European Championship and World Cup.

troza
01-12-14, 10:22 AM
And I saw Ireland winning the european cup against England in the final. I lost against them (with Germany but I don't have the german league active or in the background) in the semi-finals... and really believed that I would finally win something with Germany as I'm in a phase where the computer is using 4-4-2 with every team and that is super easy to win with 4-1-3-2 Pool... 2 Euros, 2 WC... always went to the semi-finals, I still haven't won any... (btw, 1st wc I ended in the forth place, in the second I ended in the 3rd place).

And I could say a great player retiring at 32 years old in the middle of the european championship... I should have taken the screenshot... I was still able to use him in the semi-finals (after he retired cause it was on the same day and we can change the whole team after the group stage... meaning that he retired and got out of the team but I was able to call him for the semi-final... he did score but I lost 1-2 against Ireland...) but that is just strange...

And now I don't have a guy to play there for Germany... oh well... :P

I also need to show the anderlecht team that went to the champion's league final in 2039... I don't have the belgium league and they had 4 players, the others in grey... and, funny thing, they had one guy that was sent off in the second leg of the semi-finals and that same guy played in the final ("grey" player).

And me, having won the best player in the league (Wimmer, D C), Fifa player of the year 1st place (Montenegro F LC), 2nd place (Seighiri, S C), the other award of the best player in the world (1st place Sighiri, 2nd place Montenegro, 3rd place Guana AM C), european and striker player of the year (Seighiri), 2nd place in european defender of the year (Kallstrom D RC), top scorer of the champions league (Seighiri) and my fans player of the year was Henk Davids (DM C)... I'll admit that he was probably the one of two players that went over 40 games in a season but he played around 25 from the bench and ended up with a little over 7 in the average rating, scored a couple of goals... I will need to check... that was super strange... I have weird fans...

F1Krazy
05-12-14, 12:21 PM
In my most recent game I saw Ireland reach the 2002 final... they lost to Italy though. They had my team's captain playing for them so it was a fairly pleasant surprise. Don't think I've been lucky enough to see anything REALLY crazy happen yet though.

Okay, I take it back... I just saw Div.1 Bristol City win the FA Cup, knocking out three Premier League teams in a row, including Wolves in the final. (There used to be a picture of it here, but it's broken now.)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1555361_863858186987396_7568407625127350144_n.jpg? oh=acd1f6172fdd727b457e28da8a67789c&oe=5512163F&__gda__=1428169078_b31264fe85536ad9dfdaa3a6c231433 1

Also, Halifax Town almost went from Div.3 to the Premiership in consecutive seasons - second in Div.3 in 03/04, won Div.2 by about 30 points in 04/05, then reached the Div.1 play-off final in 05/06 only to lose to Millwall. Southampton, on the other hand, have gone the complete opposite direction and just got relegated to Div.3 (sorry to any Saints fans here :P )

Hans Landa
28-12-14, 10:02 AM
I could give a lot of examples of things I've seen on CM that would never happen in the real life.
The last two I remember were a Belgian Cup final between two non-league clubs and a Luxembourg club winning the UEFA Cup.

kuy
29-12-14, 01:19 AM
I've just seen an English League Cup final between two Third Division clubs - I only noticed because York were in the UEFA Cup :lol: (I'm managing in Spain atm)

TonyBones
22-01-15, 02:44 AM
I can't think of anything in 01/02, but long ago in the days of CM2, one of the regens had my full name and my birthday, just the year was different. That was very freaky. The same game produced a regen that was 84 years old!

Korol
20-03-15, 03:19 AM
In my current save, the Austrian national team was defeated 2-3 by the mighty Viking nation of the Faroe Islands. :lol:

Unfortunately, the Faroe Islands went on to lose against Russia and Spain and will probably not qualify for Germany 2006. They're still ranked fourth in their group of six teams, though.

The same save has seen China reach the World Cup semi-finals, knocking Portugal and France out of the tournament without any need for penalty shootouts. I also recall a save on which the USA similarly reached the semi-finals after delivering 3-1 and 4-1 knockout blows to England and Brazil.

Fods
20-03-15, 09:46 AM
In my current save, the Austrian national team was defeated 2-3 by the mighty Viking nation of the Faroe Islands. :lol:

Unfortunately, the Faroe Islands went on to lose against Russia and Spain and will probably not qualify for Germany 2006. They're still ranked fourth in their group of six teams, though.

The same save has seen China reach the World Cup semi-finals, knocking Portugal and France out of the tournament without any need for penalty shootouts. I also recall a save on which the USA similarly reached the semi-finals after delivering 3-1 and 4-1 knockout blows to England and Brazil.

Trust in Klinsmann would say this is not ridiculous!

Korol
21-03-15, 02:46 AM
That was without any data updates, though, so Bruce Arena was in charge. Not that his team didn't perform well against prominent, but lackluster opposition; I seem to recall that Oliver Kahn single-handedly kept the USA from reaching the semi-finals in 2002. In fact, I can identify the hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9hzf7KCffo&t=62s

Taribowestsleftfoot
23-03-15, 09:32 AM
Ipswich. Just Ipswich in general, they always seem to appear after about 5 seasons in the top 4 and on occasion snatch a title. I'm not convinced at all.

Cam F
23-03-15, 10:00 PM
In CM3 the player career totals never showed up on their career screen which really fecked me off.

In 0001, there probably is a way to fix this but you are way top of your nearest rivals in the MLS and your players think the league position is too low, your top of league dickheads and then you get sacked by the chairman despite being top.

Tbf this doesn't happen every time I manage in USA but just tends to happen occasionally but really irritating.

ajra21
01-04-15, 01:23 PM
once saw england fire steve bruce as england manager the day before the world cup final. england had won every game under him in two world cup and lost in the semis of the euros.

i applied for the job and got it three weeks after england has lost in the final.

stupid FA.

Goofy
01-04-15, 01:25 PM
once saw england fire steve bruce as england manager the day before the world cup final. england had won every game under him in two world cup and lost in the semis of the euros.

i applied for the job and got it three weeks after england has lost in the final.

stupid FA.

Was a Scotsman in charge of the FA? :D

ajra21
02-04-15, 01:35 AM
Was a Scotsman in charge of the FA? :D

given that most men running the FA have been english, and they've 100 years of stupid decisions behind them, they really don't need a scotsman to screw up.

Barns
09-04-15, 10:08 PM
In CM 01/02, I just finished a season as part of a three-way tie for first in Italian Serie B, managing Castel Rigone.

Normally, I'd expect us to be ordered on the table according to goal difference, then goals scored, then head-to-head record. A look at the table as soon as the final match of the season was over revealed this to be the case: Chievo was top with goal difference +28, Padova second with goal difference +27, and Castel Rigone third with goal difference +27 but a lower number of goals scored.

A day later, my news stream informed me I would play Padova in the Italian Serie B Playoff. Ah yes, I forgot about those strange Italian playoffs. But why weren't Chievo involved? Another look at the table showed it had changed: Castel Rigone (my team) was now top, followed by Padova, then Chievo. I can only surmise that we had been re-ordered based on our defensive records. I had the best defence, and Chievo had the worst. Despite superior goal difference, Chievo would be shunted to third and left out of the title decider.

Anyone ever hear of something like this happening? The table looking a certain way after the final match of the season, then being rearranged?

(In case you're wondering, I lost the two-leg playoff 0-1 on aggregate, meaning I finished second in Italian Serie B in the final washup. Happy enough with that.)

Yarixus
10-04-15, 10:12 AM
I've seen Robert Manchini get the manager role at NAC Breda in the Dutch league, bringing in some nice Italian prospects/talents. (in the second season)

CMAdventurer
10-04-15, 10:50 AM
I'm sure I must have seen crazier stuff happen but here's something that struck me during a long holiday save I've been having; Lowestoft Town going from obscurity to the Premier League in consecutive seasons! Don't think I've ever seen such a rise from an AI team before.

http://i57.tinypic.com/xe4f4o.jpg

AJ
10-04-15, 11:23 AM
I've seen Maidstone go from non league to Premiership winners in 5 seasons once.

loyal_royal1
10-04-15, 11:38 AM
In CM 01/02, I just finished a season as part of a three-way tie for first in Italian Serie B, managing Castel Rigone.

Normally, I'd expect us to be ordered on the table according to goal difference, then goals scored, then head-to-head record. A look at the table as soon as the final match of the season was over revealed this to be the case: Chievo was top with goal difference +28, Padova second with goal difference +27, and Castel Rigone third with goal difference +27 but a lower number of goals scored.

A day later, my news stream informed me I would play Padova in the Italian Serie B Playoff. Ah yes, I forgot about those strange Italian playoffs. But why weren't Chievo involved? Another look at the table showed it had changed: Castel Rigone (my team) was now top, followed by Padova, then Chievo. I can only surmise that we had been re-ordered based on our defensive records. I had the best defence, and Chievo had the worst. Despite superior goal difference, Chievo would be shunted to third and left out of the title decider.

Anyone ever hear of something like this happening? The table looking a certain way after the final match of the season, then being rearranged?

(In case you're wondering, I lost the two-leg playoff 0-1 on aggregate, meaning I finished second in Italian Serie B in the final washup. Happy enough with that.)

I can't remember the exact details but I've deffo seen something like that before, as I remember I had a 3 way tie for the last UEFA Cup spot with my team 6th tied with 7th and 8th or similar but the play-off ended up being just between the 7th and 8th place teams. The winner went into the UEFA Cup and the loser got an Intertoto Cup place and I didn't qualify for Europe at all. I couldn't figure out why it worked like that at all.

loyal_royal1
10-04-15, 12:50 PM

stupid FA.

I've literally just had a simalr thing happen to me in my save trying to do the Nationals Only Challenge. Italy sacked Zaccheroni after the group stage, I didn't notice but they then offered me the job just ahead of the semi-final, it's not part of the challenge but took it anyway and got a World Cup win to my name :happy:

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff360/mjp00le/Italy%20Manager%20Sacked%20during%20World%20Cup.jp g (http://s539.photobucket.com/user/mjp00le/media/Italy%20Manager%20Sacked%20during%20World%20Cup.jp g.html)
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff360/mjp00le/Italy%20Job%20Offer.jpg (http://s539.photobucket.com/user/mjp00le/media/Italy%20Job%20Offer.jpg.html)
http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff360/mjp00le/World%20Cup%20Winner.jpg (http://s539.photobucket.com/user/mjp00le/media/World%20Cup%20Winner.jpg.html)

Konstantinou
12-04-15, 12:10 PM
I've seen Yeovil Town reaching the UEFA Champions League in England.
Pievigina becoming a constant presence in Serie A.
All of this in not more than 10 seasons.

AJ
12-04-15, 03:31 PM
Pievagina???

This is where Vipers need to go for preseason trips, we'd never make it back!!!!

Goofy
12-04-15, 07:47 PM
Pievagina???

This is where Vipers need to go for preseason trips, we'd never make it back!!!!

Hahahaha http://i.imgur.com/GbpD8lG.gif

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
01-05-15, 08:19 AM
despite being 19th in the prem with 4 games to go...
http://i61.tinypic.com/2a79xmp.png

Barns
17-05-15, 11:34 AM
The Australian NSL is trolling me.

Some quick background: the NSL has 13 teams and is played in three stages. In the opening stage, each team plays each other thrice (36 matches each). Closing stage, each member of the top six plays each other once (5 matches each). Third stage is a grand final between the top two teams in the second stage. Which strikes me as a little unfair, for reasons that will become obvious.

In my first season as manager of Wellington Phoenix, I won the opening stage by 20 points. Hooray! But then I finished third in the closing stage, meaning I missed out on the final. Boo! Sydney FC beat Melbourne Victory to claim the championship. Maybe it'll be our year next year.

Second season, I won the opening stage by 20 points. Hooray! But then... nothing? No closing stage. No final. The season ticks over on 19/20 June and I still have no fixtures scheduled. On 20 June, the news screen proudly announces the player of the year, top goalscorer etc, but nothing about the league winners. I go to the league history screen, and it bloody well lists the same winners from the first season: champions Sydney FC, runners-up Melbourne Victory, minor premiers Wellington Phoenix. What the hell?

Third season -- getting masochistic now -- I decided to play through and see if the league sorts itself out properly. Won the opening stage (by a less impressive 8 points), then waited with bated breath. But you already know what happened next. 20 June rolls around and I check the history screen again, and sure enough, history is repeating itself: champions Sydney FC, runners-up Melbourne Victory, minor premiers Wellington Phoenix.

I'm stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it. Think it's time to look for a job in a less ridiculous league, or start a new game.

http://i.imgur.com/SCcFz0q.png

http://i.imgur.com/eNlMgzZ.png

Redknapp69
17-05-15, 05:00 PM
:lol: Classic :pound:

Goofy
17-05-15, 08:26 PM
The Australian NSL is trolling me.

Some quick background: the NSL has 13 teams and is played in three stages. In the opening stage, each team plays each other thrice (36 matches each). Closing stage, each member of the top six plays each other once (5 matches each). Third stage is a grand final between the top two teams in the second stage. Which strikes me as a little unfair, for reasons that will become obvious.

In my first season as manager of Wellington Phoenix, I won the opening stage by 20 points. Hooray! But then I finished third in the closing stage, meaning I missed out on the final. Boo! Sydney FC beat Melbourne Victory to claim the championship. Maybe it'll be our year next year.

Second season, I won the opening stage by 20 points. Hooray! But then... nothing? No closing stage. No final. The season ticks over on 19/20 June and I still have no fixtures scheduled. On 20 June, the news screen proudly announces the player of the year, top goalscorer etc, but nothing about the league winners. I go to the league history screen, and it bloody well lists the same winners from the first season: champions Sydney FC, runners-up Melbourne Victory, minor premiers Wellington Phoenix. What the hell?

Third season -- getting masochistic now -- I decided to play through and see if the league sorts itself out properly. Won the opening stage (by a less impressive 8 points), then waited with bated breath. But you already know what happened next. 20 June rolls around and I check the history screen again, and sure enough, history is repeating itself: champions Sydney FC, runners-up Melbourne Victory, minor premiers Wellington Phoenix.

I'm stuck in a moment and I can't get out of it. Think it's time to look for a job in a less ridiculous league, or start a new game.

http://i.imgur.com/SCcFz0q.png

http://i.imgur.com/eNlMgzZ.png

Imagine if you'd won it 1st season, you'd be the greatest manager in history winning the league year after year until retirement :ok:

Fods
18-05-15, 09:25 AM
Its a known issue with the game, I am sue Tapanis patch fixes this :ok:

colml
18-05-15, 10:49 AM
Its a known issue with the game, I am sue Tapanis patch fixes this :ok:

:wave: Hello Sue.

Liam
18-05-15, 02:37 PM
One thing that frustrated me, and although it shouldn't as it was using a league patch...

I was manager of Cosmos in San Marino. I went on to win the UEFA Cup, but finishing either top of the league or winning the cup (Can't remember which one) automatically placed you in the UEFA Cup. Meaning the 2nd place team in San Marino won entry to Champions League...It was as if San Marino FA prioritised UEFA Cup over Champions League.

Stopped playing after that issue

choppingman
08-07-15, 04:49 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned before ... in my current save in 2019. Messi went to Chelsea. Played 2 years in the EPL, then Barca decide to buy him back for 5 mil less than they sold him for. Why would you sell arguably the worlds current best player?

Rapinoe
08-07-15, 05:42 AM
Imagine if you'd won it 1st season, you'd be the greatest manager in history winning the league year after year until retirement :ok:

Dynamo Berlin?

KingToMadeira
04-09-15, 11:28 AM
I have seen Farnborough on more than one occasion win the Premier and play in europe after a long saved game. Roma destroy everything in their path every season and incredibly Napoli bought Totti for £44M in my current game. Barca and Real never dominate any of my games as they do IRL

Liam
04-09-15, 11:36 AM
Up the Farnborough! :ok:

Elgin_McQueen
04-09-15, 03:08 PM
England regularly reaching the final of competitions. I assume that has a lot to do with managing in England and having it as the main league though.

SteveV
07-09-15, 11:36 PM
I know the designers never liked to be reminded about players like Tsikalgo, Mark Kerr, Mike Duff, Cherno Samba etc because as far as they were concerned they were all mistakes that that should have been cleaned up before the game was released, but the logic of the AI is bizarre in other ways...

Like David Seaman getting the England manager job after guiding Lincoln City to the heady heights of 12th place in Division 2 (League 1) or my team Bordeaux seeing their season ticket sales go down by 50 percent after a season where they won Ligue 1, the French Cup and League Cup and went out in the CL semi final to Milan 2-0 over two legs. Having six goals in a game disallowed for offside I can live with (just) but having half my squad unhappy because Pauleta has left the team - BECAUSE HE RETIRED!!! :frusty: does my head in....

Fods
07-09-15, 11:47 PM
I think you will find Steve that the update team have worked wonders over the years since 3.9.68 patch and most of the 'head scratching' has gone... there are always some things they cant control but seeing shit like that happens is what actually makes the game for me, finding a wonder player like To or Tsigalko...

Romano338
23-11-15, 10:17 AM
Just before the sixth season, Ronaldinho signed to... Montpellier
To be fair, they are probably really good as Fodé Mansaré go a lot of rewards in the french league (which surprises me because IRL he was pretty shit)

jackyboi90
06-12-17, 03:11 AM
I've been playing this game for the last 15 years and it is the greatest past time I can think of! The game seems to get better with age too! What are some of the stranger things that have happened to you whilst playing?
I can't really think of too many off the top of my head although I do remember an old save where one of my players got sent off for head butting his own player!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLa
06-12-17, 08:14 AM
Love it when my player punches the ref. The in-game commentary goes all caps saying something like "THIS IS A DISGRACE!!!". :lol: It doesn't happen very often, though. I think I've seen it 2-3 times since I started playing 10+ years ago.

GFRay
06-12-17, 08:19 AM
Punching the referee like JLa said which earns a player a 90 day suspension! :lol:

But also players that have to undergo surgery to cure an injury, but the length of the recovery period keeps extending. I saw a player undergo surgery with a recovery for 6 months.. Then a few weeks later another message with the same player undergoing another surgery with a recovery for 9 months.. Then another message a few weeks laters and another surgery with 12 month recovery.. This continued a couple more times until the player was out for 18 months.. That's some tough luck there!

colml
06-12-17, 10:11 AM
First season on an ODB game, Wisla Krakow won the Champions League. Usually Roma dominate at the start so I found this surprising!

jackyboi90
06-12-17, 10:24 AM
Punching the referee like JLa said which earns a player a 90 day suspension! :lol:

But also players that have to undergo surgery to cure an injury, but the length of the recovery period keeps extending. I saw a player undergo surgery with a recovery for 6 months.. Then a few weeks later another message with the same player undergoing another surgery with a recovery for 9 months.. Then another message a few weeks laters and another surgery with 12 month recovery.. This continued a couple more times until the player was out for 18 months.. That's some tough luck there!

That's happened to me in a few games. There was one player of mine that was supposed to be out for 6 months and ended up being out for 3 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dermotron
06-12-17, 10:30 AM
Players going to faith healers to get cured, basically from a time when Glenn Hoddle and Marvin Andrews tried to make them trendy :D

samsami
06-12-17, 10:36 AM
Having almost all of my players unavailable because of international duties when we had to play a crucial European game.

I had a backup of the save file and when I loaded that we drew another opponent and that solved the problem, but even so...