PDA

View Full Version : Low Defender Average Ratings

lester
04-11-14, 04:15 AM
Hello guys,

I'm playing with Valencia. Sixth season, won two back to back CL, Primera also, build respectable team.

Leno
Krafth - Inigo Martinez - Balanta - Goya

Yokuslu
Januzaj - Boateng - Muniain

Volland - Alcacer

In my first two seasons (when 3rd, 4th in Primera) my CB-a had av.rating at 7.60, and now when I dominate the world they are on 6.80... Everything is the same. normal/attacking, short, hard, pressing. they are on man mark.

and now I tried everything but with no difference.

Do you know maybe where is the problem? It frustrates me... Do you maybe have some advice?

Is it maybe something in Tapani or .68 patch?

I played this game from 01 to 07 on default game and never had this problem...

And yeah... you are doing such a great, awesome, brilliant thing with database.. THANK YOU ALL!

Please if you can help me with this issue. Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

P.S.

I dont us any wibwob

And I always play with 4132 tactic...

BeezerCeltic1967
04-11-14, 10:27 AM
if you are dominating, then maybe they have less work to do?

Libertine
05-11-14, 10:25 AM
if you are dominating, then maybe they have less work to do?

I agree. If the ball isn't in their area much, as you are dominating possession, they won't be making as many tackles, headers, etc...The more actual defending that they do will increase their ratings.

AJ
05-11-14, 10:31 AM
take m off man marking, put them on forward runs. Increase their influence on the game.

BeezerCeltic1967
05-11-14, 10:53 AM
Hello guys,

I'm playing with Valencia. Sixth season, won two back to back CL, Primera also, build respectable team.

Leno
Krafth - Inigo Martinez - Balanta - Goya

Yokuslu
Januzaj - Boateng - Muniain

Volland - Alcacer

In my first two seasons (when 3rd, 4th in Primera) my CB-a had av.rating at 7.60, and now when I dominate the world they are on 6.80... Everything is the same. normal/attacking, short, hard, pressing. they are on man mark.

and now I tried everything but with no difference.

Do you know maybe where is the problem? It frustrates me... Do you maybe have some advice?

Is it maybe something in Tapani or .68 patch?

I played this game from 01 to 07 on default game and never had this problem...

And yeah... you are doing such a great, awesome, brilliant thing with database.. THANK YOU ALL!

Please if you can help me with this issue. Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

P.S.

I dont us any wibwob

And I always play with 4132 tactic...

use the editor to put them in the worst team in the league [they should be busier there] and se eif they improve.

troza
05-11-14, 11:50 AM
Well, I've seen some great CB always having 6 or 7... maybe it has something to do with the level of your team, the opponent's tactics (using 4132Pool, the defensive middlefielder plays very well against certain tactics but against others he just does nothing... and the computer has some anti-4-1-3-2 tactics that they start using after a while) or some strange season where they are a bit off...

One thing you can try is give them Intensive training for 2 weeks. :P (intensive at everything but goalkeeping)

BeezerCeltic1967
05-11-14, 12:12 PM
http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p789/bigbeezer/1_zps6b737457.jpg

the big man is on 6.2 tackles a game :lol:

and that is him in a top team who are winning most weeks, so it can be done in dominant teams :ok:

derbyboy
03-08-15, 12:47 PM
hi everyone,

young regen central defenders. with high defensive attributes. under 26. anyone else struggle getting high average ratings from them????
its frustrating. i play 4-1-3-1-1
i sign them from a club, maybe they'll have an average rating of 7.60. then come into my team and don't get above 7.20.
sell them on, they then get over 7.60 again.
this happens on every single game. with different formations.
is it just a fact that no central defender you have under 26 can get high average ratings?
Thanks,
Aaron

Dermotron
03-08-15, 05:43 PM
If you have a really dominant tactic defenders are generally going to have low ratings from having little to do

Blanchimont2002
03-08-15, 07:35 PM
I've noticed this too. But for centre backs I pay more attention to their average tackles per game rather than the average rating, which as stated above can be off

London35
22-07-16, 01:50 PM
CB ratings always the lowest for me...

i just look at my GA column!...if its one of the best then they are doing something right!

Charlie22
22-07-16, 04:02 PM
Yeah I've had this problem too, You can push defenders forward on the wib/wob screen, but I tend to change the individual player instructions which helps.

Main instructions being, Man Marking "yes" Pressing "yes" and Tackling "Hard"

London35
22-07-16, 04:04 PM
tackling.,..heading....marking....shove them in!

Charlie22
14-11-16, 12:41 PM
I wonder if any one could point me in the direction of a decent tactic that produces decent averages ratings (7.30 Plus) for a back 4?

The only way I find I can get a tactic with decent average ratings for central defenders is playing a back 2 (no full backs)

I've had a play around with wob/wib screens and player instructions based on a 442 / 4411 / 41311 /433 etc but despite how good the team and defence performs, I cannot seem to get a back 4 with decent average ratings, even with top players.

I have season in the prem were I have conceded 12 goals, yet none of the back four are above 7.11 average rating!

Any reply appreciated.

Alcoolix
14-11-16, 12:52 PM
Maybe you dominate too much, your defenders have nothing to do :)

Topofthekop
14-11-16, 12:53 PM
I wonder if any one could point me in the direction of a decent tactic that produces decent averages ratings (7.30 Plus) for a back 4?

The only way I find I can get a tactic with decent average ratings for central defenders is playing a back 2 (no full backs)

I've had a play around with wob/wib screens and player instructions based on a 442 / 4411 / 41311 /433 etc but despite how good the team and defence performs, I cannot seem to get a back 4 with decent average ratings, even with top players.

I have season in the prem were I have conceded 12 goals, yet none of the back four are above 7.11 average rating!

Any reply appreciated.

The better your squad the less likelier is that you'll allow the opposition chances to score. Meaning your back 4 wont have much work to do which in effect may cause overall ratings to be low.

Best thing to do is take some of the top ranking tactics in the OTL and the tactic league and compare them. And then use some of the ideas to produce a tactic

Charlie22
14-11-16, 01:44 PM
Cheers Alcoolix, yeah I did think that and perhaps that's why the tactics with only 2 centre backs do produce better rating for defenders.

316'sRegen
14-11-16, 02:10 PM
If my team conceded 12 goals in a season I wouldn't care if they got a low average rating.

For a defender, 7.11 for a season is well within acceptable levels. You can never get your whole team to average 8+ ratings it just isn't possible in real life or in CM.

Charlie22
14-11-16, 04:02 PM
I get your point and not complaining as such just frustrating that the defenders rating are a lot worst than the rest of the team and thought perhaps I am doing or missing something obvious (a player instruction maybe) to boost their ratings up.

More of an annoyance than anything.

I suppose if I amended the mentality to defensive rather than attacking and played long ball instead of short passing etc the opposition would have more of the ball and defenders would have more to do and as such get higher ratings.

Does anyone use different team instructions to the norm? - I always use Attacking, Short, Hard, Pressing and Offside trap "Yes"

This seems to be the most successful, but has anyone tried something different and still have success?

AtomicAnt
14-11-16, 08:15 PM

Try this one, based on the old bulletproof Norge-tactic. Decent full-backs usually get ratings from 7.6-8.2, and the centre-backs get around 7.4-7.8. I usually don't play full-backs that average below 2 tackles/game and centre-backs with average below 3.5 tackles/game.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/o4jr5c

http://i63.tinypic.com/10589yc.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/ji19wo.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/4llxxs.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/2dbmot2.jpg
http://i64.tinypic.com/b3uc0h.jpg
http://i63.tinypic.com/335gz6w.jpg
http://i67.tinypic.com/30uzbe1.jpg

Shambalane
14-11-16, 08:57 PM
I also stuggle with poor central defender ratings. I usually play wing backs who get alot of assists so their ratings are decent. If your central defenders are averaging 4.0+ tackles over the season. I'd be happy with that.

Kingsley
14-11-16, 09:01 PM
I don't understand the problem. If you are winning games easily, and not shipping lots of goals, what does it matter what ratings your defenders get ?

Fods
14-11-16, 11:39 PM
Try FodFod2CF

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=990&page=4

tried it with Everton, won everything, two seasons running. Dropped like 3 games. Most impressive stat: season 2 both my fullbacks (Baines and Krafth) get 51 games, 8 goals and 25 assists. Creepy.

Dermotron
15-11-16, 10:16 AM
Change Centre Backs to man marking. Centre backs get shit ratings with Zonal Marking

Dubinho
28-11-17, 09:10 PM
Has anyone ever had a DC that averages 8.20 + consistently, season after season?

I had this DC a month or so ago on a random game who did this. No DC in the history of me playing CM (20 years +) has come close. He was just as brilliant at DMC too. Had very high positioning, tackling, teamwork and workrate atts from what I recall.

I was managing Louhans in France and took them from the NAT div to the top league and won the title in the first season. I think I signed him when we were already in Ligue 1. Incidentally he was Greek! :D

cerealkiller
29-11-17, 03:58 PM
Do you remember his name?

Dubinho
29-11-17, 08:16 PM
Do you remember his name?

Adoniadis or something - but he wasn't a real player.

He was to a central defender what Skalidis was to a striker. Awesomely unique!

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
04-12-17, 03:00 PM
Most likely he has some Godly 'natural born freaks' rating for tackling or similar

Ruben_
13-12-18, 01:48 PM
Even with the superGreeks as Andrielos, Tobros, Amanidis (or something) you'd struggle to score over a 7.5 avg. It's simply because your defence has little to do.