PDA

View Full Version : Formula One

Bevchenko
06-03-12, 03:59 PM
Season just around the corner! Discuss.

Cafcjgreen
06-03-12, 04:17 PM
From what I've seen Ferrari are struggling again... Lotus and Mclaren are looking very strong although i'm not sure how much you can read into pre season testing.

info0
06-03-12, 04:21 PM
Pre-season testing means nothing really. Let's wait for 1st race of the season to judge ;).

Plus no Kubica once more :(. Hope that Raikonnen gets back to being Ice Cold ^^.

Hamilton
06-03-12, 05:51 PM
Looking forward..

316'sRegen
07-03-12, 01:35 AM
Hopefully the McLaren boys can do some damage this year.

For the F1 enthusiasts there is a fantasy football league i play each year, free to play and gives a bit of an interest.

Check out www.fantasyracers.com

The league number is 83 - I have removed made it a public league so anyone can pick a few drivers and join in.
There was someone that joined under "speed king and slower friends" dunno if it was anyone from here or not....

ebfatz
07-03-12, 10:41 AM
I play this.

www.batracer.com
There are some F1 Carsets. As well as others including Touring Cars, GP2, Formula 3, IndyCar.

Quite a good game.

Dermotron
07-03-12, 10:45 AM
Marussia passed the tests yesterday. New team on the grid this season

Patinoz
08-03-12, 01:37 PM
vettel win again despite the FIA trying everything to make him and red bull shit by disadvantaging them

316'sRegen
08-03-12, 11:28 PM
have a word with yourself pat :lol:
red bull probably do still have the best car, which is 80% of the battle.

Baz
08-03-12, 11:32 PM
Is Bernie still saying Schoomaker will win a race this season? BTW this new F1 channel Sky have got, is it a freebie, or is it something else we have to pay for :lol:

ebfatz
08-03-12, 11:36 PM
Paid for mate. This is Sky remember!!

Baz
08-03-12, 11:38 PM
Paid for mate. This is Sky remember!!

There's always hope :lol: I'll stick to the free highlights off the Beeb then, get to see the best bits then ;) Also some of the cars are dog ugly this year due to the new requirements.

316'sRegen
08-03-12, 11:39 PM
Seriously? I would have thought Sky Sports HD subscribers would have got that as part of the package :(
True to form of the evil Murdoch empire though.
Boxnation was the latest moey grabbing one to pop up, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the same.

www.firstrowsports.eu

Patinoz
08-03-12, 11:40 PM
have a word with yourself pat :lol:
red bull probably do still have the best car, which is 80% of the battle.

its just unfair, they invent shit and are smarter than the rest and they just rule it out every time despite the rules not specifying / allowing it

when brawn gp won it cuz of a major technical advantage nobody else discovered and an english driver won the championship, nobody forbid anything (surprise surprise)

ebfatz
08-03-12, 11:44 PM
Ah. You might get it if you have a sports or hd package.
Didn't think that as I'm on the basic one. Have a look.
Channels already there. 459.

In fact I've just looked on the channel. You get it on sports and HD.

WelshRed
09-03-12, 12:11 AM
There's always hope :lol: I'll stick to the free highlights off the Beeb then, get to see the best bits then ;) Also some of the cars are dog ugly this year due to the new requirements.

There is always http://www.liveonlinefooty.com that shows all football, boxing and other PPV, no doubt they will have F1 too. It is a paid fee for the year but only 27 quid, streams are 110% like watching tv! :D

Mark
09-03-12, 11:34 AM
I'm just glad I don't have to put up with it on ITV anymore :)

gazzas1uk
09-03-12, 08:14 PM
normal sky is channel 408 :P

Bevchenko
11-03-12, 11:25 PM
It won't be the same without Jake Humphries :-(

Has Bruno Senna been signed this year?

WelshRed
17-03-12, 11:24 AM
I'm just glad I don't have to put up with it on ITV anymore :)
ITV Ruined it with the ad breaks.. I don't think Sky will... I am working for the first one so probably wont be able to see it - the joys of catchup tv :ok:

info0
17-03-12, 11:32 AM
Red Bulls failed in first quals. McLaren dominated quals, Grosjean did amazingly well, getting 3rd place behind McLarens! :O

It will be funny season no doubt :D. Though I won't say that Red Bulls are bad yet... Ferrari on the other hand... Is in terrible situation :lol:.

gtfcfan
17-03-12, 07:47 PM
Red bull and ferrari will fail this year.

316'sRegen
17-03-12, 10:31 PM
go ahead lewis son! Happy days are here agan :D

info0
18-03-12, 09:16 AM
I knew that marking Red Bulls as failure at the start of season would be bad.

However, Vettel proves why I love him so much. He is phenomenal driver whatever people say. My fav driver by a mile.

Kudos to Button for winning the race in the best car possible :P.

Patinoz
18-03-12, 11:36 AM
button is and has always been the better mclaren driver. i havent seen the race but well done vettel on becoming second. could have been worse.

316'sRegen
18-03-12, 10:32 PM
safety car closed the gap but great drive from button and vettel.
Hamilton is harder on his tyres because he ain't as smooth a driving style as Jenson, but none of the drivers are.

Looking good for the British boys anyway, nice start to the season.

Patinoz
18-03-12, 10:39 PM
what happened to your boy hamilton? how did he fuck it up?

316'sRegen
18-03-12, 11:15 PM
safety car helped vettel bigtime.

The season is long, time will tell

Patinoz
22-04-12, 05:22 PM
hey chris

who is leading the championship?

316'sRegen
23-04-12, 04:35 PM
A decent drive by seb yesterday, who now must be leading :D
I was lying on the sofa recovering but I did hear his interview, where he said "No, I'm not looking at the drivers championship table yet, it's too early for that" :lol:

What is the story with the McLaren pit crew? couple of races in a row now they have been off form.

Oh well, 3 weeks til Spain anyway, they can practice in the meantime I guess.

Dermotron
14-09-12, 02:33 PM
Any sign of Kubica getting back in the car (or even to full fitness)

Patinoz
14-09-12, 02:43 PM
not that i am aware of.

f1 crazy good this year. last 2 races (especially Spa) were ace.

info0
14-09-12, 04:37 PM
He is getting back. Won some WRC race not so long ago in Italy ;).

Was also the fastest one there (having got +20s over second place on some OSes :D).

Bevchenko
08-10-12, 02:06 PM
Romain Grosjean, discuss.

Patinoz
10-10-12, 01:38 PM
:lol: drives worse than an asian

VETTEL :)

Patinoz
04-11-12, 04:13 PM
WHAT A RACE!!!!!

Prolly the race of the year. 3 best drivers this season amongst themselves.

Congrats to Kimi. Vettel from 24th to 3rd. Best racer in the competition. Unbelievable how he got from last to middle of the field, only to go last again and climb his way back to 3rd.

Alonso the fuckhead is pissed off. Love it :D

Patinoz
25-11-12, 06:50 PM
Sebastian Vettel, you are triple world champion! :)

316'sRegen
01-12-12, 09:02 PM
Romain Grosjean, discuss.

:lol: just seen this :lol:

Dermotron
17-03-13, 10:10 AM
Interesting opening race :)

1 - K Raikkonen - Lotus
2 - F Alonso - Ferrari
3 - S Vettel - Red Bull
4 - F Massa - Ferrari
5 - L Hamilton - Mercedes
6 - M Webber - Red Bull
7 - A Sutil - Force India
8 - P Di Resta - Force India
9 - J Button - McLaren
10 - R Grosjean - Lotus
11 - S Perez - McLaren
12 - J Vergne - Toro Rosso

ozRooster
17-03-13, 10:34 AM
Webber fucked the start, there's a surprise :rolleyes:

Dermotron
26-04-14, 08:50 AM
After the sorry news of Tito Vilanova yesterday, this is a good story to start the day in regards Michael Schumacher

http://www.f1today.net/en/news/schumacher-out-of-coma-and-recognising-wife

info0
26-04-14, 09:08 PM
I thought that news was already denied by Schumacher manager.

316'sRegen
26-04-14, 10:21 PM
Where's the Hamilton haters now?

:peace:

colml
26-04-14, 10:43 PM
Still here, just coz he's winning now doesn't mean I'll start liking him :P

Bevchenko
28-04-14, 12:41 AM
Mercedes to clean up this year

info0
28-04-14, 09:20 AM
Because only Mercedes uses their own engines -.-

Red Bulls have to use those shitty Renault engines which break very often. Och and it's not worth watching this shit anyway. Since the time Formula 1 became ecologic nonsense, it's borefest. They even have limit on how much fuel per hour can the car utilise (!!). No wonder people in Australia protested that cars are very silent and there is absolutely no emotion. FIA went in opposite direction. If they wanted to attract fans, they have just lost many (yeah, without overreved engines hitting 15-18k RPM). Paradox. :P

Next time... They will want to use only electric motor energy :lol:.

Bevchenko
12-05-14, 02:35 AM
Another 1-2 for Mercedes and more importantly another win for Lewis! :first:

Bevchenko
17-06-14, 12:44 AM
F1 champion Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Grenoble and is no longer in a coma, his family says.

ozRooster
17-06-14, 07:47 AM
Riccardo looks the goods.

Ashame it is now the worlds most boring form of motor racing.

At the other end of the spectrum, I cant get enough of the 500GP bikes, Marquez and Lorenzo with Rossi up there clacker on that last lap, thats fucking racing!!!!!!!

Bevchenko
17-06-14, 07:50 AM
Personally wouldn't put Ricciardo in the top 5 drivers for talent.

(saw that 500GP race btw - mint finish).

info0
17-06-14, 10:56 AM
I would say that with how current F1 is going, DTM, WTCC, Nascar are far more entertaining races :lol:.

Bevchenko
06-07-14, 11:33 PM
Fantastic race last night, and great win for Lewis!! The title race is back on!!

Bevchenko
20-07-14, 11:37 PM
Best race of the year last night, action everywhere from beginning to end involving everyone from 2nd down.

Unbelievable effort by Lewis from 20th to 3rd, and could have taken 2nd if he didn't bump Button.

Massa on T1 though.....

Bevchenko
27-07-14, 01:45 PM
Anyone watching the race? Incredible, smashes every lap!!

Jesus
27-07-14, 02:25 PM
Another good race, hoping Hamilton can hold on and edge out Rosberg to close the gap!

Jesus
27-07-14, 02:58 PM
What a finish to that race, so glad Hamilton held on and finished ahead of Rosberg. Ricciardo with a fantastic race yet again.

Hungary gave us a great race, plenty of action as well.

Bevchenko
27-07-14, 03:06 PM
Unbelievable drive by Lewis Hamilton!

AJ
27-07-14, 10:37 PM
vroom vroom

Dermotron
27-07-14, 10:48 PM
Fantastic race

Bevchenko
28-07-14, 03:45 AM
Best Hungarian GP I've ever seen.

Dermotron
28-07-14, 10:31 AM
Prob in the top 5 F1's I've witnessed, brilliant. Hamilton running Rosberg wide in the last lap was class.

Don't know what the furore was in regards Hamilton not allowing Rosberg to pass. He wasn't really pushing Hamilton at the time and as Coulthard pointed out, that should have been a call from a team boss and not a race engineer.

It probably had minimal effect on their strategy since Hamilton would have probably passed Rosberg before the final 6-7 laps when his tires were on their last legs. The race would have eventually finished pretty much the same.

BeezerCeltic1967
05-08-14, 01:43 PM
see that wee bent cunt eccleston gets away with it today eh....
just coz the wee wank is loaded... fuck is the german justice system all about???
aye give us £60m and we will let you aff with it..
farce.

Cafcjgreen
05-08-14, 02:44 PM
So he's got off a bribery charge by pretty much bribing the court? Wow

Jesus
05-08-14, 08:12 PM
So he's got off a bribery charge by pretty much bribing the court? Wow

In Germany, you can pay a "termination fee" in special circumstances. In this case, it was £60million.

The guy who accepted Eccleston's payment is still in jail though.

Patinoz
05-08-14, 08:28 PM
Strange decision considering Hoeneß got locked away for years recently and the bank guy that Ecclestone did the deal with got hammered with 8 years.

While I don't think locking away an 83-year old for years is the way to go, you have to at least make sure the fine hurts him. Don't think it hurts him anywhere near enough.

BeezerCeltic1967
05-08-14, 09:12 PM
Strange decision considering Hoeneß got locked away for years recently and the bank guy that Ecclestone did the deal with got hammered with 8 years.

While I don't think locking away an 83-year old for years is the way to go, you have to at least make sure the fine hurts him. Don't think it hurts him anywhere near enough.

You do the crime, you do the time....
age should not come into it. nether should fucking money.

Patinoz
06-08-14, 06:46 AM
There are differences. I don't condone sending anyone for prison for tax evasion as an example. Let them proper bleed. They are no fucking risk to society that needs to be locked away. The way it is is fucked. You can beat somebody half dead and are out sooner than if you cheat the government out of money.

There is no upside in sending Ecclestone to jail. Should have just taken half a billion of him.

Bevchenko
26-08-14, 12:35 AM
Thoughts on the Hamilton-Rosberg incident at Spa anyone?

cdewar19
26-08-14, 04:31 AM
100% Rosberg's fault. Needless move that cost the team a pretty good chance at a 1-2 finish.

Bevchenko
26-08-14, 06:24 AM
Hi cd nice to see you posting on the forums, I totally agree with you.

I hope the FIA open up the case and either ban Rosberg from a race or have him start at the back of the grid!!

Patinoz
26-08-14, 07:01 AM
Hi cd nice to see you posting on the forums, I totally agree with you.

I hope the FIA open up the case and either ban Rosberg from a race or have him start at the back of the grid!!

Lol Bev. It was a racing incident, in fact, it wasn't even reviewed during the race. Your English bias is showing. And no, I am not even a fan of Rosberg.

ozRooster
26-08-14, 10:01 AM
Keep crashing into each other you spoilt prima-donnas, suits the Aussie lad just fine.

3 wins this season, outstanding for a "#2" driver.

colml
26-08-14, 11:00 AM
I agree with Pat. Happens all the time. No retrospective action needed

Angelis
26-08-14, 11:34 AM
If rosberg did do it on purpose then he would have to be punished... but not because of what happened to hamilton but because it would set a very dangerous precedent.

You cant have cars going that fast just hitting each other will nilly it will end up with someone dying... if Rosberg did (and theres no way to truly prove it either way) and goes unpunished that would just mean that hamilton would try the same thing back... like i said dangerous

reminds me of nelson pique Jr crashing at singapore... i know these cars are safe but not so safe that they can play bumper cars

BobMem
26-08-14, 11:59 AM
I really hope either the team or the FIA do something to Rosberg. Not sure what.

I think that not because I'm British (although I am) but because I actually can't stand Hamilton, and we don't need another thing for him to whine about!

Realistically though, Pat's right. A racing incident, which can't be proven as deliberate. The FIA are in no position to do anything. Mercedes may be, but what are they going to do? Make Rosberg move over for Hamilton next race? Didn't really work when they asked the same of Hamilton before.

Bevchenko
26-08-14, 02:22 PM
Lol Bev. It was a racing incident, in fact, it wasn't even reviewed during the race. Your English bias is showing. And no, I am not even a fan of Rosberg.

1) Rosberg admitted he did it on purpose so should be punished.
2) Yes I am biased COME ON LEWIS!!

Cafcjgreen
06-10-14, 07:12 PM
You can see footage of the Jules Bianchi crash here: http://zippy.gfycat.com/DirectFlawedHarborseal.webm

Looks horrific, surprised he even survived it to be honest

Bevchenko
06-10-14, 10:36 PM
Christ, surprised it didn't take his head off. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Bevchenko
27-01-15, 04:11 AM
2015 Info:

2015 CAR LAUNCHES
January 21: Force India
January 21: Williams
January 29: McLaren-Honda
January 30: Ferrari
January 31: Toro Rosso
February 1: Mercedes

2015 RACE CALENDAR
March 15: Australian GP
March 29: Malaysia GP
April 12: Chinese GP
April 19: Bahrain GP
May 10: Spanish GP
May 24: Monaco GP
June 7: Canadian GP
June 21: Austrian GP
July 5: British GP
July 19: German GP
July 26: Hungarian GP
August 23: Belgian GP
September 6: Italian GP
September 20: Singapore GP
September 27: Japanese GP
October 11: Russian GP
October 25: U.S. GP
November 1: Mexican GP
November 15: Brazilian GP
November 29: Abu Dhabi GP

DRIVER LINE-UPS

MERCEDES
Drivers: Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg
Engine: Mercedes

RED BULL
Drivers: Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat
Reserve driver: Sebastien Buemi
Engine: Renault

WILLIAMS
Drivers: Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa

FERRARI
Drivers: Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen
Reserve driver: Esteban Gutierrez
Test driver: Jean-Eric Vergne
Engine: Ferrari

McLAREN
Drivers: Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button
Reserve driver: Kevin Magnussen
Engine: Honda

FORCE INDIA
Drivers: Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez

TORO ROSSO
Drivers: Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz

LOTUS
Drivers: Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado
Reserve driver: Jolyon Palmer

SAUBER
Drivers: Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr
Reserve driver: Raffaele Marciello

MARUSSIA
Drivers: TBC

CATERHAM
Drivers: TBC

Dermotron
31-03-15, 03:45 PM
Vettel's win was interesting.

Alonso and Button may as well be in dodgems at the minute.

316'sRegen
24-07-16, 07:27 PM
Hamilton should surely kick on to win another drivers championship now.

London35
01-08-16, 01:15 AM
Defo after today...Rosberg looked very below par and had no speed in his car at all

cerealkiller
12-10-16, 01:55 PM
reading your opinions, it's funny how different are things right now after just two months... if there would be more drivers involved in it it would be interesting to watch :)

info0
12-10-16, 02:02 PM
With how the current F1 is going, no-one will soon bother to watch this shit. Most boring era of F1 I can remember. The rules are ridiculously stupid now... Ecology? Why bother. We will die out, so new generations can take over. Why stop the fun for the current ones? :P

Redknapp69
12-10-16, 11:20 PM
Can't say I watch it much now either infooooo

faz44
14-10-16, 04:04 PM
It used to be a cutting-edge sport but, as I've said repeatedly, the sport has been raped and pillaged by Bernie and his Private Equity budget and the teams now need to be able to use it as a testing ground for technology they can sell or use for their road car business. 1bn in revenues per year, no team should ever need to go into bankruptcy.

info0
14-10-16, 05:12 PM
It used to be a cutting-edge sport but, as I've said repeatedly, the sport has been raped and pillaged by Bernie and his Private Equity budget and the teams now need to be able to use it as a testing ground for technology they can sell or use for their road car business. 1bn in revenues per year, no team should ever need to go into bankruptcy.

To be fair, long has gone the era where F1 cars were forcing innovations to normal cars. More novelty comes from WRC/WTCC these days. That's how ridiculous F1 has become under Bernie... (ok, KERS/DRS DID make it to ONE or TWO cars I can name, but can you afford them? xD One is McLaren P1 the other is Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG E-Drive).

In the 90s you watched F1 because of driver skill. Nowadays, it's 70% car 30% driver. Completely opposite to when Schumacher with Mika went vs each other ^_^. Eh, no KERS no DRS no stupid 4x change tires rule. Skill + outsmarting others. That was pure chess...

Now it's meh. Whoever gets pole wins. Where is the excitement? If nothing happens in 1st lap it will be dull throughout the whole race. Watched 5 full races these season. All of them went like that.

ViK
14-10-16, 06:22 PM
Silly season is going to get well and truly underway over the coming weeks and months now that Hulkenberg has joined Renault for next season. Quite a few seats available now - let the carousel begin!

Personally I hope Wehrlein gets the vacant Force India seat as he's had a good season with Manor and looks a talent.