PDA

View Full Version : News Feed

Johnny.99
14-11-14, 08:56 AM
Hi all. I'm relatively new to 0102, having spent most of my CM time in days past playing 0001. I've installed the 2.19 Tapani Patch onto the 3.9.68 original, and started a new game as the mighty Halifax. However, in my original flurry of gutting a rubbish squad, and attempting to bring in replacements, I've noticed that I'm not receiving notifications that other teams are bidding for players I'm watching on my shortlist (I did get ones saying another club was in for a player I had bid for). Neither do I get notifications that a player has rejected me for another club. This meant that I was blissfully unaware that my attempts to bring in players were falling by the wayside.

Is this normal? And is there anyway to fix it? My memories from 0001 were that I would receive such messages into my inbox. I could then respond by moving onto a new target immediately. As it is, I've probably missed out on loads of players I might otherwise have bid for.

Thanks in advance.

Boozehound
14-11-14, 09:33 AM
Pretty sure there's an option when you first install the Tapani patch as to whether the bids are 'hidden' or not. I'd recommend uninstalling the game completely and re-doing everything but obviously selecting the option as mentioned above.

Kingsley
14-11-14, 09:38 AM
Yes, it is an option that Tapani put in to help with multi player and network games. It prevents the other human players blocking your transfer bids.
I'm sure it is an option when you run the patcher so you don't need to include it

merkezekrem
14-11-14, 02:30 PM
I havent been getting those messages too :suspicious:

Johnny.99
15-11-14, 12:34 AM
Ah, that would explain it. Think I've got it fixed now. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.