PDA

View Full Version : Rugby League

Bevchenko
07-03-12, 07:48 PM
Anyone else a fan of this code? I'm a huge Leeds Rhinos fan.

GeordieAndy
11-03-12, 11:03 AM
I like watching the Super League on a Friday night. Favourite team in the SL: Wigan. Favourite team IRL: Leigh Centurions. I have to choose Leigh over Wigan for many reasons, the main being I am a loyal leyther. I think it's scandalous that Leigh weren't properly considered for 'promotion' and Widnes were considering that a lot of Leigh's players are now in the Super League, we have an excellent youth development programme and a class stadium to boot.

Ste117
23-05-12, 12:45 PM
I watch Rugby League, coming from a Rugby League town Widnes so I follow Widnes Vikings, if when you turn the table upside down were top and the best team :D

ozRooster
23-05-12, 01:20 PM
NSW just got robbed against QLD in the 1st State of Origin match of 2012.

QLD have won an amazing 6 series in a row, looks like they will make it 7........

bhnow
03-05-13, 10:33 PM
Probably going to be 8 very soon...

ozRooster
04-05-13, 06:11 AM
My Roosters looking good, still nowhere near as good as the Storm and Rabbitohs though. Manly the other obvious threat atm, great halves.

Long way to go, Bulldogs are slowly getting it together too, can't see the winner coming from outside of those 5 unless the Cowboys get their shit together real soon.

bhnow
07-05-13, 12:12 AM
Roosters look very good so far this season, probably looked 2nd best team overall.
One of he best things they did, was get rid of Brian Smith as coach last year. I cannot understand why that guy is so highly rated, nor why the Roosters forked over $1million (?) to poach him from the Knights a few years ago.
In CM terms, he would have the following attributes:
Man Management 1
Motivation 1
Working With Youngsters 1

He was the primary reason Jamie Lyon went bush rather than playing in the NRL, earlier in his career.

I couldn't tell you the name of the guy at Roosters now, but he seems to be doing a lot better job.

ozRooster
07-05-13, 02:00 AM
Trent Robinson, seems to have a very level head on his shoulders.

Seem a very happy camp and they are playing to their potential, can still see improvement in them though which is great :ok:.

bhnow
05-06-13, 10:58 PM
NSW up 1-0 over QLD after beating them 14-6 last night.
I didn't get to watch it live, but all the talking points i've heard since, have been about Paul Gallen king-hitting Nate Myles in an unprovoked attack. Gallen claims Myles tackles dirty, but still a very ugly thing to do.
I'll bet that the next match in Brisbane in 2 weeks has a very feisty opening.

Fods
05-06-13, 11:40 PM
It was a great clash, NSW deserved the win.

The Gallen incident was superb, yeh he clobbered him early doors and then gave him a good pasting after. Brilliant that they cant get sent off in State of Origin. :boxing:

ozRooster
06-06-13, 01:14 AM
Was hardly a king hit bh, they were standing toe-to-toe and screaming at each other, I knew what was coming next:boxing:, Nate Myles should've definitely known what was coming next.

Good game all in all. Inglis was kept very quiet, Thurston was well below average, we totally dominated their pack, the 80000 passionate Blues crowd was brilliant. None of those things will happen again in game II, they will be up for it in front of their crowd for sure.

Hayne, Ferguson, Jennings, Maloney, Farah, Gallen, Lewis all stand outs for me, we pretty much didn't have a bad player except for Tamou.

Looking forward to game II immensely, I think we'll lose in a close 1 and game III will be 1 for the ages.

bhnow
07-06-13, 12:29 AM
Yeah, king-hit was a bad choice of words.
The biff makes the game more memorable - who can forget Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer going at it in the early 90's.

bhnow
16-07-13, 04:32 PM
Big match on tonight - Game 3 of State Of Origin.
NSW's best chance to win in yonks. Should be great to watch, I can't wait

Fods
16-07-13, 11:39 PM
^^^

Shall be down the booooza for shure

ozRooster
17-07-13, 02:28 AM
Ironically, I'll be watching at the local Aussie Rules club.

Can't fecking wait, GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhnow
18-07-13, 02:08 AM
QLD made it 8 series on a row last night. :yield:
Close game but again the Maroons scored when they had to.

A tubby streaker made it all the way out to the middle, interrupted the play :attention:

ozRooster
18-07-13, 05:20 AM
Fat tanned streaker was the hardest runner all night.

Fucking still dirty we lost....

Fods
18-07-13, 05:39 AM
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1374103182/602/8934602_600x400.jpg

bhnow
18-07-13, 09:44 AM
He covered himself in grease so security guards couldn't hold onto him

bhnow
01-09-13, 09:06 AM
NRL regular season is coming to a close, still very much in the air who the favourites should be.

Roosters have looked the goods all year, but lost their last two. Has the Roosters juggernaut been derailed Oz, or will they regain form when it matters?
Souths and Melbourne have been quality throughout as well. Melbourne always seem to rise to the occasion come finals time.
My Sea Eagles are definite contenders as well, with a good win over Melbourne the other day. This season they've struggled against the other top 4 teams and blitzed everyone else.

Of the rest, Canterbury have good days, and, can you believe it, Cowboys could squeeze into 8th. They were dead and buried midway through the season but are flying home.

ozRooster
01-09-13, 11:05 AM
Interesting finals series coming up bhnow, anyone can win it with a bit of luck, that's the beauty of NRL, and the salary cap.

I'd hate to be playing the Cows 1st up, Test frontrow and halfback, Bowen on a mission, won 5 in a row, look very ominous to me.

Personally, from the top 4 teams, Souths are my pick for 3 reasons. Sam Burgess, Adam Reynolds and Greg Inglis are all world class, fit, and in form, can't go past them.

bhnow
27-09-13, 05:30 AM
Down to the final four in the NRL.
Manly play Souths tonight and Roosters play the Knights tomorrow.

Manly vs Souths will be a rugged and physical meeting, as their encounters so far this year have shown. Manly to win because Souths will choke.
Knights have done very well the past two weeks in knocking off tough competition, including perennial contenders Melbourne. Their coach Wayne Bennett is truly one of the best in the game, and will have the Knights ready for the Roosters.
I predict a Manly v Newcastle final...

ozRooster
27-09-13, 05:46 AM
Roosters will flog the Knights. Boyd Cordner is a chance of a comeback in this game too, fuck he's a good player.

Could go either way in the other 1, I'm going with Souths though, they'll be better for the weeks break, Manly struggled against the Sharks last week I thought.

bhnow
27-09-13, 08:11 AM
Yeah fair enough Oz, Roosters and Souths deserve to be favourites, but I'm thinking the underdogs will triumph.

Roosters seem to be in the news every day for the wrong reasons. Drug allegations and connections to an organised crime figure. Could be a distraction

ozRooster
27-09-13, 08:21 AM
Media bullshit mate, they've been open about it, nothing to answer for, just rubbish journos writing rubbish stories.

Anyway, Cordner has been ruled out, won't matter. FPN, Aubo, Guerra have been great replacing him.

bhnow
27-09-13, 02:39 PM
:rockon: YES!!!!!
Manly 30 Souths 20

Bevchenko
27-09-13, 02:43 PM
Cannot wait for tonight, super league semi finals Wigan v the mighty Leeds.

bhnow
28-09-13, 03:33 PM
Well well well...

In the NRL it's going to be a Sea Eagles - Roosters GF...

Bring it on!!!

:couch:

ozRooster
29-09-13, 01:36 AM
Good luck bh, should be a cracking game!!!!!!

We weren't even that good last night and still won by 26 points :cool:.

Will be a totally different game next week though. Luckily we love a defensive arm wrestle just as much as you blokes!!!!!!

bhnow
29-09-13, 05:50 AM
If the food poisoning doesn't get you, our halves will...

Should be an epic match though, both camps should be feeling confident.

bhnow
04-10-13, 08:21 AM
Roosters have kept their opposition scoreless six times this season, which is phenomenal.

It'll seem even more phenomenal when Manly put 40 on them this Sunday :D

ozRooster
04-10-13, 08:38 AM
Good luck with that bh :clap:.

I think the 3 times we have played the Eagles this year, we have kept them scoreless in the 1st half each time. Ohhhh, and obviously we have won all 3 games.

And I'm driving up tomorrow, 4 & 1/2 hour trip. Mates 40th at The Orient Saturday arvo, GF Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhnow
04-10-13, 09:16 AM
Pffft... regular season matches count for nought in the big one.

Aren't the Roosters the Buffalo Bills of the NRL? 1 win out of their last 6 GF's?

ozRooster
04-10-13, 09:36 AM
I watched the Bills get beaten by an even bigger loser team today, The Browns. Was a good match.

GO CHOOKS!!!!!!!!!!

bhnow
04-10-13, 12:24 PM
To be fair, Roosters have been the best team all season.

And I see a downturn in Manly in the next few years. I don't rate Toovey as a coach, I don't think he adds anything.
A lot of Manly' current success can be attributed to Des Hasler - watch for the Bulldogs to be the team to beat in the next few years.

But I'm happy to be proved wrong - GO MANLY!!!

Bevchenko
04-10-13, 02:24 PM
South sydney still top of the league?

ozRooster
04-10-13, 02:34 PM
Nope, Roosters beat them to the minor premiership and then they got KO'd last week by Manly.

Souths haven't made a GF in 42 years, long may that continue.

Bevchenko
04-10-13, 03:14 PM
Wigan v Warrington GF this weekend, should be a close affair. Couldn't give a shit now Leeds are out to be fair.

bhnow
06-10-13, 01:15 PM
Well played Roosters, probably deserved to be Premiers.
I didn't catch the game, but sure it would have been a contest.

ozRooster
07-10-13, 07:53 AM
Didn't catch the game?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Not sure if I can be your friend anymore bhnow ;).

IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhnow
07-10-13, 09:25 AM
That is a LOT of question marks!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeh, unfortunately had to work, wouldn't have missed it for all the world otherwise

Now I have to put up with Roosters fans crowing day and night... Bring on 2014 I say

Bevchenko
22-10-13, 10:43 AM
Anyone else looking forward to the World Cup?

ozRooster
22-10-13, 11:06 AM
Yep, definitely Bev.

Would love to see some upsets and minnows make it through the group stages, won't happen though.

If you've never seen SBW in action before, checkout a NZ game, he's one of the supreme athletes on the planet at the moment :ok:.

Bevchenko
22-10-13, 11:07 AM
Well one minnow is guaranteed to get through as the shit teams get put in a single group.

Bevchenko
22-10-13, 11:14 AM
Yeah big fan of Sonny Bill Williams mate, all about Sam Tomkins now though!

Fods
27-10-13, 12:29 AM
Good game England v Australia. Can't see anyone but the Aussies winning the Comp to be honest.

faz44
31-10-13, 03:44 PM
Was the same last time though, Fodster, and New Zealand pulled out an amazing performance out. This is a weird old competition though. Outside England, Australia, New Zealand and France, lots of the teams have players playing under very tenuous terms. American Samoa could put together a half-decent team but all their players are in the US squad and just three players across the Ireland and Scotland qualify on birth. I love RL and the competition has been very enjoyable thus far but it's an utter farce.

faz44
31-10-13, 03:55 PM
BTW, anybody here play or is involved with a club?

ozRooster
01-11-13, 02:08 AM
No mate, not anymore.

And I don't care if it's a farce, it's entertaining.

Can't wait for the 9s comp in Auckland to come around, February I think.

faz44
01-11-13, 11:53 AM
I agree it is entertaining. It would just be nice if this game was a bit more widespread. Outside NSW and QLD, South Auckland, the M62 Corridor and Papua New Guinea, it's at best a small niche sport. With the money sloshing around in Australia, I hope that they can make some headway in the Asia-Pacific region.

ozRooster
01-11-13, 12:21 PM
Will never happen take off in Asia. Thought Sth Africa might be a shot, but nothing happening there either.

faz44
01-11-13, 01:04 PM
Is there anywhere that can be expanded into? SA is too union-oriented. I thought they were making good progress in Catalonia, especially after they got 10,000 for Catalans Dragons game but like everything in RL, they start of like a house on fire only for it to fizzle out in three years.

bhnow
23-03-14, 10:17 PM
So, we're up to Round 3 of the new NRL season, and tbh I don't see how anyone can really say who is the favourite.
Each round has been packed with closely fought thrillers, which could have gone either way.

My team Manly won a close one at Brookvale yesterday, over Parramatta - who haven't won an away game since 2010! That is a phenomenally bad streak, in any sport.

Parra losing away seems to be about the only certainty in tipping - any team seems to be able to beat any team on a given day, which I guess is the intention of the NRL... Kudos NRL for making a good, tightly fought comp.

ozRooster
23-03-14, 11:25 PM
It's brilliant how any team can beat any other team from week to week, never know what's going to happen. Which is why I never bet on it, bloody near impossible to get a payout.

And I felt bad for Parra yesterday, gee they tried hard after getting smashed the week before by my mighty Roosters.

Souths look rubbish, I love it. Treated rd 1 like a GF and have been suffering the hangover ever since.

Loving the new Tigers. Truly hope they keep Tedesco and Brooks together, very exciting to watch.

Ste117
24-03-14, 12:22 AM
Widnes Vikings beat Hull 0-7 away today, 4th in the table now :)

Redknapp69
24-03-14, 08:40 PM
Andy Powell (Wigan and ex Wales/Lions Rugby Union) - his ex missus is selling all his stuff on ebay from wedding and they are having a massive twitter row!

She's easy on the eye as well!

colml
24-03-14, 08:59 PM
:lol: She put his wedding vows on it yesterday http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321359741879?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Bevchenko
26-03-14, 11:39 PM
It's brilliant how any team can beat any other team from week to week, never know what's going to happen. Which is why I never bet on it, bloody near impossible to get a payout.

And I felt bad for Parra yesterday, gee they tried hard after getting smashed the week before by my mighty Roosters.

Souths look rubbish, I love it. Treated rd 1 like a GF and have been suffering the hangover ever since.

Loving the new Tigers. Truly hope they keep Tedesco and Brooks together, very exciting to watch.

Parra played SO well, ref was shocking!!

Bevchenko
28-05-14, 03:15 AM
http://cdn.novafm.com.au/sites/default/files/magnet/hero/state-of-origin-hero_0.jpg

Ridiculously excited for tonight, anyone else watching? predictions?

bhnow
28-05-14, 04:29 AM
NSW to win Game 1, QLD will probably win last 2 games as usual...

bhnow
28-05-14, 04:31 AM
Who are you going for Bev?

Bevchenko
28-05-14, 09:12 AM
Who are you going for Bev?

Got to get behind the Blues now that they are my adopted state!

Bevchenko
17-06-14, 05:30 AM
http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx115066.jpg

http://youtu.be/Wd-TATJspQE

- - - Updated - - -

Ready boys? What we saying?

bhnow
17-06-14, 05:43 AM
QLD don't seem the same force they have been in years past, but they somehow always seem to pull something out when they really need to.
However, GO BLUES

Bevchenko
17-06-14, 05:48 AM
G.I. being injured will be massive.

ozRooster
17-06-14, 07:16 AM
GI will be fine, unfortunately.

Not so sure about DCE and Scummy Slater. Very dangerous taking injured players into such a huge game.

Im tipping that after 8 years of heartbreak, the floodgates will open for the Mighty Blues, we'll win 32-10.

Bevchenko
17-06-14, 08:15 AM
Tickets secured for tomorrow, result!

ozRooster
17-06-14, 09:11 AM
You lucky c&nt!!!!!!

Enjoy buddy.

Fods
17-06-14, 09:12 AM
What u pay Bev? and where, gumtree?

Bevchenko
18-06-14, 12:34 AM
What u pay Bev? and where, gumtree?

Complimentary tickets :humble:

Fods
18-06-14, 12:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/L6l66WO.gif

faz44
02-07-14, 11:33 PM
The amateur team I'm involved with have gone undefeated thus far this season. Anybody else involved at amateur level?

Bevchenko
02-07-14, 11:43 PM
What's the team Faz?

faz44
03-07-14, 01:50 AM
Beckenham Bears. We're based in South East London and are in London Division 1. Unbeaten in the league but dropped a cup game on golden point to a team in the Premier Division after missing a drop goal and a penalty. Our props are fantastic this year. One plays and cuts a similar figure to Sam Burgess. The other is 21 stone and can utterly destroy you if you let him.

Bevchenko
09-07-14, 01:24 PM
Fantastic game for state of origin 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozRooster
09-07-14, 01:32 PM
Yep, easily the best/most entertaing game of the series.

Fuck I hate Queensland.

Bevchenko
09-07-14, 01:36 PM
Double win as backed Queensland to smash us tonight $$$!

Bevchenko
20-07-14, 08:59 AM
Crazy score for the Tigers tonight!

Bevchenko
04-08-14, 07:19 AM
The NRL is really heating up now, absolute demolition job by the Bunnies at the weekend!!

faz44
04-08-14, 08:44 AM
Probably the one big advantage of living in Australia, eh Bev?

Bevchenko
04-08-14, 09:20 AM
Makes a change from Super League although did love watching my Leeds Rhinos though.

Ste117
14-08-14, 08:55 PM
Well Widnes Vikings are fucked, no thanks to the idiots who ran onto the pitch after the game. Not surprised really like the country, this town is full of idiots.

Bevchenko
14-08-14, 11:54 PM
THIS try by G.I. last night though...

http://youtu.be/coOitwMuQIc

ozRooster
15-08-14, 07:18 AM
Yeah, was fucking special.

I hate Souths and I hate Inglis more, but I was out of my recliner applauding in my lounge room last night, was a cracker.

Bevchenko
15-08-14, 08:08 AM
Surprised you can't see me on the opposite try line tugging one off over it :lol:

faz44
18-08-14, 12:51 PM
Our club managed to win the London Div 1 grand final. Sadly couldn't see the game as I'm now in Spain but a narrow 16-12 victory was won in the last minute through our prop Dave Thornton. He's been the team's key player all year and cuts a similar figure to Sam Burgess.

Bevchenko
27-09-14, 12:50 AM
So hungover, unbelievable night last night watching the Rabbitohs come back from 12-0 down to get to the Grand Final!!

ozRooster
27-09-14, 02:41 AM
Sad Roosters fan here, got to dream a little being 12-0 up, Mini over the top of Inglis had me very excited, then Souths absolutely bashed us for rest of the game.

Still proudly wearing my jersey today though, Roosters for life.

Sorry to see Mini end his career with a loss but he personally had a whale of a game, and to score a try with his last touch was fantastic. Champion player and champion bloke.

Bevchenko
27-09-14, 02:57 AM
He had to have a good game after the mare he had last week!

faz44
27-09-14, 11:04 AM
No Bunnies fan but can't stand the Bondi boys. Pulling for Penrith today.

faz44
12-10-14, 02:18 PM
Any opinions on Ben Flower?

ebfatz
12-10-14, 04:22 PM
Should be a boxer! :lol:

AJ
12-10-14, 04:26 PM
punches like a girl.

ozRooster
12-10-14, 07:14 PM
Ummmm, he won't be playing for a long time, so dumb.

Redknapp69
12-10-14, 10:41 PM
retaliation punch - ok

2nd punch - cowardly

let himself and his entire club down - idiot

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaardiff boy 'an all :tsk:

Bevchenko
12-10-14, 10:47 PM
Absolute grub.

ebfatz
15-10-14, 12:07 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2792868/ben-flower-given-six-month-ban-super-league-grand-final-punch-lance-hohaia.html

Bevchenko
15-10-14, 03:53 AM
Jarryd Hayne left NRL to try and make it in the NFL..... UNBELIEVEABLE!!

ozRooster
15-10-14, 04:48 AM
It is unbelievable!!!!!!

I say good luck, you're only young once, might as well give it a go.

Unfortunately, he is going to fail miserably. He's never fucking played the game before FFS. It's so technique based. Undoubtedly he has an enormous base of physical skills, but there would be 16yo running backs and wide receivers with more idea than him playing in every high school in the US. Good luck.

If he somehow does get to run on for even 1 play though, what a story.

Bevchenko
15-10-14, 05:47 AM
I thinbk he'll be back at the Eels next year, but christ the NRL is getting smashed at the moment. No Sam Burgess, Sonny Bill Williams, or Jarryd Hayne next year....thank god for Johnathan Thurston!!

ozRooster
15-10-14, 10:06 AM
The NRL has always been and will always be resilient when it comes to losing players, plenty have gone before, the next year they are replaced by the new brigade.

Moylan, Tupou, Brooks, those brothers from up Newcastle, Walker, Johnston, etc etc. They keep on coming....

faz44
15-10-14, 10:16 AM
The captain of my old RL club worked in Perth for a couple of years and said the standard, even in Perth, puts what we had in London to shame. I can't imagine what it's like where RL is the number one sport.

Bevchenko
15-10-14, 11:39 AM
It's only the number one sport in NSW and Queensland.

Redknapp69
15-10-14, 12:25 PM
RL in London has never taken off despite several franchises giving it a go

Jesus
15-10-14, 12:38 PM
That's because all Southerners are soft fairies unlike us northern monkeys.

ebfatz
15-10-14, 04:10 PM
My nephew was on the books of London Broncos for a while whilst they were at The Stoop.

He then had a season with Hemel Stags and is now with London Skolars.
He's 21 next week.

We're not all soft!

Redknapp69
15-10-14, 05:10 PM

Crusaders in Wales were also gash I think?

In the UK its very regionalised which helps in 1 way but not in another maybe

faz44
15-10-14, 10:45 PM
It's only the number one sport in NSW and Queensland.

This was my point. If WA Premiership players are of a high standard, how high must it be in, say, Cronulla? I know somebody who used to live in South Auckland and said that he wouldn't some of the juniors he used to watch with anything less than a handgun.

Crusaders in Wales were also gash I think?

In the UK its very regionalised which helps in 1 way but not in another maybe

Well, I was involved in London RL for 20 months before I came here to Spain. I spoke a lot with the Club and Competitions guys and a lot of RL's problems stem from the lack of open gangway between union and league until BARLA negotiated one with the RFU in the 70s. In the London area, only one club has its own clubhouse and pitches. Everybody else has to rent from a council or from a Union club.

As for players, they're not soft, they're inexperienced and naive. We played a team full of Aussies and Northerners in 2013 and they were the nastiest, sneakiest, dirty bunch of bastards imaginable. Were they better players? Probably but the gap was magnified by the ability to do dirty shit and get away with it. They should have had three off but we ended up with 12 amazingly. RL is an unforgiving sport and dominance is greatly rewarded.

However, we're in an era where a prop from Cardiff is the first player sent off in a Super League Grand Final, The opposition had three former Quins RLers/Broncos who all came through the London juniors scene. Expansion has worked from a playing perspective, it hasn't caught up off the field. Saying that, the Super League viewing figures in London are reasonably high, the World Cup double header last year was full of Londoners but they haven't consistently drawn fans to watch the local team live for over a decade.

I think there are very specific problems which would stop any London side from becoming competitive. The RFL and the other clubs won't let somebody come in and do it properly and the salary cap protects the big clubs in fertile development areas at the expense of everybody else. London could spend, and have spent, the full SL salary cap but cannot be competitive, even with the "London weighting" they get. These cost of living exemptions allow London to spend a little more but not nearly enough to attract the best players as they don't fairly cover the difference between living in Pinner and living in Pontefract

If you're Wigan or Saints, you get exemptions for homegrown players - who don't count fully against the cap - and for players of more than 10 years service - who only count against the cap for half their salary (and a maximum of 50,000). Only the top 25 players count against the cap, so with those exemptions and the difference in living standards, the difference isn't just one or two quality players but over half a team. London have one hand tied behind their back from the very beginning. Then, with the bigger budgets they have, they can also spend more on younger players than other clubs because they have the cash to spend the full 50,000 on youngsters outside the top 25. That's really the difference between, say, Leeds and Cas.

For London to be competitive, they need all these loopholes to be closed so it's somewhat of a level playing field. Alternatively, allow them to spend what St Helens and Wigan do for starters. Maybe even more because is Jonny Lomax going to come to London unless he's earning double?

Unfortunately, the Broncos has become a failed brand and it really needs to go away. David Hughes has really fucked things up in the last few years. There needs to be a stadium solution, there needs to be a new club that comes up from the Championship but RL is a good product. The problem is that the game won't let it flourish. Then again, we're all pretty aware as RL fans that the game's successes come despite the RFL not because of it.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean for this to become an essay.

ozRooster
15-10-14, 11:17 PM
Jonny Lomax :D.

Bevchenko
05-03-15, 10:59 PM
NRL is back!! What a win for the Rabbitohs!! :D

ozRooster
05-03-15, 11:08 PM
Yeah, pretty awesome display, the ones to beat for sure.

My Roosters will get smashed by the Cows on Saturday night and then have to back up against Souths next week, tough start to the season.

Bevchenko
06-03-15, 12:36 PM
Thought Parramatta were sensational in the second half tonight, thought it was two average teams when it was end to end in the first 40.

Bevchenko
23-03-15, 12:02 AM
Bunnies looking unstoppabl at the moment, not even playing well but still beating the likes of the Roosters and Tigers.

bhnow
24-03-15, 12:46 AM
Manly admin is a disgrace

faz44
30-03-15, 09:49 AM
Going to try to see some Spanish club RL this week. The police team have founded a club and they're the only Madrid-based club for now.

Bevchenko
07-04-15, 01:30 AM
What did you guys think of the James Graham/Adam Reynolds incident?

Bevchenko
08-07-15, 01:40 PM
Well that State of Origin decider was a bit depressing... Must have been immense for a neutral or Maroon!!

jdgmedia
21-05-16, 11:03 PM
Widnes fan, for my sins. Currently on an eight game losing streak in Super League. Ouch.

Redknapp69
21-05-16, 11:39 PM
At least you had the Welsh stealers Davies and Devereux playing for you back in the day :ok:

jacobclear
03-04-19, 12:42 PM
Hands down the best thing ive ever commentated on the radio

https://youtu.be/SU5zcrDvMDU

Needless to say not our coverage but still, miraculous stuff

evesham
03-04-19, 01:40 PM
not bad, i love the rabbit commentating. This ones from way back 2s left in a grand Final semi-final playoff, saints losing by 1 point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxnLA7o0uFY

jacobclear
03-04-19, 01:58 PM
On a scale of one to ten, how good was Ryan Hall?

Acquired him in my fantasy team and awaiting him to return from injury. Stats are immense from his time in the UK and is coming in to replace possibly the best winger in the world in BF, will he live up to the hype?

evesham
03-04-19, 02:04 PM
He's pretty bulky for a winger, not the quickest, scored loads as leeds have romped grand finals for years.
He can go missing in games and he's always had great centres next to him to give him easy put downs.
I think its a big risk going to aussie and I think he will flop
I'd give him an 8 max.

jacobclear
03-04-19, 02:13 PM
He's pretty bulky for a winger, not the quickest, scored loads as leeds have romped grand finals for years.
He can go missing in games and he's always had great centres next to him to give him easy put downs.
I think its a big risk going to aussie and I think he will flop
I'd give him an 8 max.

Playing with a certain Latrell Mitchell - one of the best centres in the league this year with James Tedesco at FB. Playing for reigning premiers

I needed to take the risk. 2/4 of my centres/wingers haven't even scored yet and the other 2 only have one each. I've been really unlucky this year, 1st 2nd and 3rd pick all injured in first 2 rounds, 2nd pick gone for at least 10 rounds.

I should keep everyone posted on the team and how Hall goes for me.

I'll post up the Round 4 Team now

jacobclear
03-04-19, 02:20 PM
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. David Fusitua
3. Joseph Leilua
4. William Hopoate
5. Robert Jennings
6. Mitchell Moses
7. Ben Hunt
8. Dylan Napa
9. Andrew McCullough
10. David Klemmer
11. Tariq Sims
12. Bryce "Carty Party" Cartwright
13. James Fisher-Harris

14. Joseph Tapine (Questionable)
15. Nathan Brown (Out, Round 14)
16. Chanel Harris Tavita
17. Ryan Hall (Out, Round 8)

Auto emergency style. No captaincy stuff

Will keep you guys posted

jacobclear
06-04-19, 02:25 PM
Mitchell Moses single handedly put me in the drivers seat heading into Sunday

https://youtu.be/CuYgck-xYQ8

evesham
11-04-19, 09:34 PM
one of the greatest games I ever attended - probably 1 of the greatest teams individually in England

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX3_7N48Lak

jacobclear
13-04-19, 02:23 PM
Best. Try. Ever.

https://youtu.be/Zoe7rRanJq0

evesham
13-04-19, 08:58 PM
probably the greatest pass I've ever seen :ok:

jacobclear
13-04-19, 10:14 PM
probably the greatest pass I've ever seen :ok:

Tunnelball!

jacobclear
01-05-19, 02:18 PM
An update on Ryan Hall

At the moment his current club, the Sydney Roosters, have a bit of a predicament they didn't see coming.

They now have 4 elite wingers they can play from next week onward

It was announced yesterday that signings Hall and Brett Morris were to be kept out for one more week but it doesn't seem as if these two will both get a start, despite being better in talent on paper

Matt Ikavalu and Dan Tupou have been hard to fault and Hall's future in Australia remains hazy.

On a brighter note, John Bateman and Ryan Sutton have both found consistent football at the capital and look very competent, John Batsmen more so

jacobclear
04-05-19, 12:34 PM
Ryan Sutton was brilliant today but John Bateman went down with a HIA (head injury assessment) but nonetheless, its the best we've seen from Sutton

jacobclear
07-05-19, 12:17 PM
Ryan Sutton was brilliant today but John Bateman went down with a HIA (head injury assessment) but nonetheless, its the best we've seen from Sutton

More bad news has since followed.

John Bateman has suffered a fractured eye socket and is set to miss 6-8 weeks.

Ryan Hall's injury has been upgraded from a round 10 return to an indefinite return.