PDA

View Full Version : iTechnology

Bevchenko
07-03-12, 09:50 PM
iPad3 coming out soon, anyone excited?

Mark
08-03-12, 11:16 AM
New toys at work ;)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/417305_360396383990778_100000612582642_1226752_308 14198_n.jpg

info0
08-03-12, 06:24 PM
If I did the pic of things I see every day now, I would have to kill someone :D.

:lol:

Tho, I was laughing at Cook saying it's the end of PCs and consoles because "new iPad" was released... Seriously now O_o

Bevchenko
11-03-12, 12:02 PM
What's everyone's "Game Center" nicknames, I need to add more people and start a temple run war :)

ozRooster
17-03-12, 08:32 AM
Temple Run is dead bev!!! It's all about Jetpack now baby, crazily addictive and free :ok:.

ebfatz
17-03-12, 09:28 AM
Never got into Temple Run.

Stylish Sprint ftw!

Craig Forrest
17-03-12, 04:52 PM
sheep

info0
17-03-12, 05:26 PM
Today played around with new iPad. Still scratching my head about the need for it and why would people buy it?

It's like a toy, you get fascinated with it and then forget about it. After 3h with it, I still haven't found an answer to the question.

When it comes to browsing the net, playing flash movies, creating presentations, doing graphics or rendering movies, chatting on net, I would pick laptop over iPad anytime.

Reading books or e-publications? Not on iPad screen. It's way too bright and tires your eyes fast. E-ink ftw (Amazon Kindle).

Sure the new display is amazing for such tiny screen... But I do wonder if Apple noticed? Such resolution won't make technology geeks jaws drop. Why? Because such resolution was available on PCs and... Macs for almost 3 years now. You just need proper monitor with said native resolution.

Not to mention the most important factor. Price. 64GB (not expandable) memory one costs as much as v. good 17" laptop. What would you chose? (of course there is one factor in favour of iPad, the size).

Hm, can anyone answer this? I am quite puzzled because everyone is saying about post-PC era. I cannot see it. Not yet at least ;).

WelshRed
18-03-12, 09:45 AM
I honestly don't think they are in the same market (laptops and tablets).

Laptops will always sell well as will iPads. iPads are, like you said "toys" for convenience, I.e commuting to and fro work, lunch breaks and suchlike.

If I had the money I would have an iPad, purely for convenience... In that respect it is overpriced for the need, but there are many people who can afford it. To summarise both iPad and laptops have their advantages and disadvantages, but I'm sure the iPad will not make the laptop extinct.

A toy for convenience more than anything else.

Mervmeister
18-03-12, 11:34 AM
I find ipads pointless.
PC can do anything and much much more.

I get the idea of having it as a toy and being good to have when commuting etc. But I am sure you can do pretty much everything on the iphone any way.
The few extras aren't worth the hefty price. Just another money making scheme for those who don't know better IMO.

nirvana
19-06-12, 11:16 PM
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum. I picked up one of these bad boys and I'm looking for some suggestions for good apps. A little free logo is always nice.

Also what's the story with books and downloading them, is it possible?

Scooterfan
20-06-12, 06:08 AM
New Star Soccer :ok:

ebfatz
04-07-12, 10:26 PM
There are whispers that the iPhone 5 might look like this

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/531284_10151083850403824_1542096589_n.jpg

nirvana
05-07-12, 09:43 AM
Sooner it's released, the sooner I get a iPhone 4. :)

ozRooster
05-07-12, 09:55 AM
My 4s is still awesome.

So awesome infact, that I think I'm going to buy a MacBook pro. Anybody else have one??? Pros/Cons????

Mark
05-07-12, 11:46 AM
Got a couple in the office mate, it's obviously a lot different to a Windows platform but you soon get used to it. No cons at all imo although you can install a Windows partition so that you're still able to run CM, etc :ok:

ozRooster
05-07-12, 12:03 PM
Cheers Mark :ok:.

Kids school is all Apple, they want one. When I was staying at a mates place earlier this year, he had one, sort of got used to it when I was mucking around with it.

My brother, who is a tech head (puts together his own pcs, owns all the latest gear, etc) said he will kill me if I buy 1 though, says they're good but not worth the price.

Either way, pretty sure we're getting 1 soon.

Dermotron
30-07-12, 12:04 PM
1st post from a shiny new iPad. The resolution is unbelievable !

info0
01-08-12, 05:35 AM
Newest Apple product:

http://www.moxtube.com/images/photos_en/1331379603.jpg

İall rights reserved.

WelshRed
01-08-12, 08:06 AM
1st post from a shiny new iPad. The resolution is unbelievable !

Is it the "New iPad"? I have the iPad 2 without 3G as I didn't think I'd use it out and about. I will shortly be purchasing a new one with all the bells and ribbons. Well worth every penny!

Dermotron
01-08-12, 08:59 AM
Am, no, not got built in 3g but I don't mind that. Pretty sure I have free dithering with my work phone so maybe I can use that if real needs be

WelshRed
01-08-12, 10:49 AM
To be fair there are probably more WIFI spots where you are than me :) so you probably won't need it mate :)

I only need it cos there is not a great deal of WIFI places here :(

Fods
02-08-12, 09:51 AM
U can activate your phone as your wireless device and then connect your iPad to that connection... You tech nerds knew that anyway right :D

nirvana
02-08-12, 11:48 AM
Is there a way to turn the auto correct thing off when typing? It comes up with some corkers when you're trying to type fast!

Even there now, it wanted to type corners instead of corkers.

Dermotron
02-08-12, 11:50 AM
Yeah, it's under settings > keyboard

nirvana
02-08-12, 06:08 PM
Is there any other way to watch football on the iPads others than buying a flash capable browser? No sopcast workarounds or anything like that?

ebfatz
02-08-12, 06:30 PM
Sky Sports app if you have Sky at home?
Not many more options that I know of without Flash.

Dermotron
02-08-12, 06:32 PM
Is Dolphin Browser not flash capable?

info0
02-08-12, 06:38 PM
Hard to find HTML5 streams as of yet...

Screw Apple. Screw Adobe (abandoning mobile devices altogether :/).

All those flash workarounds are shit. Know that from back when Android was released. Can't even come close to true thing :(.

nirvana
02-08-12, 09:12 PM
Just bought that ishifter one and got a great stream for the Liverpool game. Should have been paid myself to sit through those 90 minutes tho.

Seems a decent fast browser and no probs streaming the game at all.

WelshRed
03-08-12, 12:01 AM
Livefootyonline.com has an iPhone / iPad compatible site, it's a paid service but you get RacingUK, SKYF1, SSN all Sky Sports and most football games. well worth it for a few quid... Rather than hours searching for a decent stream :)

nirvana
03-08-12, 09:47 AM
Thats the one that keeps opening and closing registrations though isn't it? Last time I checked they weren't taking new ones. No bad thing that, cause they're obviously controlling the amount of people getting on and keeping the quality of the stream up.

WelshRed
05-08-12, 05:32 PM
Yes, if you go to sign up now they ask you to email them. It's well worth it. Just watch United on there and City v Limerick is on now...

Mark
07-08-12, 01:28 PM
How long is the subscription for when you pay? Just wondering as I'd like a reliable stream when I get my phoneline installed for broadband. Especially as I won't be forking out for Sky until after Christmas.

Patinoz
07-08-12, 02:02 PM
this page shows on my laptop like that: not sure what i am doing wrong

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6302/livefooty.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/livefooty.png/)

typed in livefootyonline and that one is the first to pop up: http:// www. live-footy-live. com/

anybody know it?

WelshRed
07-08-12, 04:27 PM
How long is the subscription for when you pay? Just wondering as I'd like a reliable stream when I get my phoneline installed for broadband. Especially as I won't be forking out for Sky until after Christmas.

You won't need Sky when you have this mate... For sports at least. They offers different periods, the last time I renewed it was for 60-days, although they normally offer a year for £28. It's covers every thing - wouldn't be without it !

I may email them and see if they can offer a discount to our forum :)

WelshRed
07-08-12, 04:29 PM
this page shows on my laptop like that: not sure what i am doing wrong

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6302/livefooty.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/livefooty.png/)

typed in livefootyonline and that one is the first to pop up: http:// www. live-footy-live. com/

anybody know it?

That isn't the one I use - http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/ is the URL - but I think when you click links it goes to another site - http://www.dhmediahosting.com/watchlive/

Mark
07-08-12, 04:33 PM
I'm sure I read talk once of everybody chipping in to use one account with them? Whatever happened to it? Would they catch on if we did that with several of us logging into the same account at once? :D

WelshRed
07-08-12, 04:49 PM
Yeah - I was going to pay for the account for VIPs - but read somewhere that they bloke Multiple IPs for single accounts. Maybe worth just asking them of we pay more what will it cost or if they could discount for multiple users?

Patinoz
07-08-12, 06:03 PM
What exactly do they show shaun? i remember you posting such a site (perhaps the same) around a year ago and I believe it was like 6L a month or so. I did it but they were almost exclusively showing EPL.

I'd love to watch some Ligue 1 etc. games as well.

My sky subscription ends next month. Still not sure if I am gonna renew it or not. Costing me 33€ / month at the moment just for the 2 sports packages.

WelshRed
07-08-12, 10:26 PM
They have most sports on there Pat, the have fixed Sky Sports News and RacingUK channels as well as Sky F1. It shows most of the sports that Sky show as well as all the big PPVs, WWE, MMA, UFC etc. I got rid of sky 2 years ago, if you have a ps3 you can stream it through the browser an it looks like normal SkySports, very good quality and always reliable. The one thing they do is limit registrations so you may need to keep an eye and just go for the lengthiest one when it becomes available. :ok:

5 stars out of 5 for me!

Patinoz
07-08-12, 10:30 PM
at the moment they only got the silver (1 month) and bronze (a day) package available. i am just really pedantic when it comes to quality and would like to test it first. but considering a day costs 2 pounds and a month only 6 it's rather pointless.

aah, decisions decisions. either way though, they prolly don't show bundesliga games so I don't know. :(

WelshRed
07-08-12, 10:34 PM
When does the Bundesliga kick off? Say? If so I am off so I can see if there are any on there - I don't recall last years games being on there unless it was a Friday evening game? I would suspect that they will close registrations again soon though so I would sign up for a month and then choose not to after that, at least you will have an account before they close registration...

Patinoz
07-08-12, 10:36 PM
starts on the 24th. problem is that the shitty games are usually on friday. dont even think bayern played once on a friday last year.

Number_25
09-08-12, 11:43 PM
Just finished working on an old eMac G4.

Right laugh that was, should be worth a few bob too.

ebfatz
29-08-12, 06:23 PM
Just Brilliant!

http://en.paperblog.com/samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cents-coins-294795/

Dermotron
29-08-12, 06:57 PM

Posted from my ipad

WelshRed
02-09-12, 12:11 AM

Class! I had a mate who did that to me before, in penny bags. Thankfully it was only £80! The back didn't see the funny side though.

Goofy
02-09-12, 12:21 AM
Sorry to piss on the parade but - http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2012/aug/29/apple-samsung-trucks-nickels-fake?newsfeed=true

Saw it elsewhere earlier :P

Dermotron
02-09-12, 01:51 AM
Too late Goof, too many belive it true now

Like the moon landing :D

WelshRed
05-09-12, 08:12 PM
It's still the best wind up for a while :)

WelshRed
05-09-12, 08:13 PM
Ps, I know it's the wrong thread, but has anyone tried the Nexus 7? I was going to get the boy and iPad or Xmas - but this looks like a similar option for what he would need it for.

Jesus
12-09-12, 12:41 PM
This (http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19557497) is a superb article that sums up my feelings towards Apple.

Dermotron
17-10-12, 07:20 PM
Upgraded to iOS6

iPad now has a clock, wupty doo

info0
17-10-12, 07:27 PM
So it didn't have it before? Welcome to XXI century mate :ok:

Dermotron
17-10-12, 07:44 PM
It had a digital one at the top. Now it has an app called clock. Amazing upgrade

WelshRed
17-10-12, 08:03 PM
I think info0 missed the sarcasm :)

The new panoramic part of the camera is kind cool :ok:

info0
17-10-12, 08:31 PM
Nah, not missing the sarcasm. Saw the pics of analogue clock 2 months ago... They had legal action taken against them from Switz railways (Apple stole the clock design after all).

As for panorama pics, why would you want them with crap camera inside that thing? No point, more than marketing stuff really. (fyi Galaxy S1 offered taking panoramic pictures in 2010).

WelshRed
17-10-12, 08:43 PM
The camera is decent enough I find. Takes perfect pics and easily edited.

The panorama photos are good if you are taking pics of wide areas landscapes - sunsets - beaches etc.

When you are so anti- apple it's hard to like anything of theirs... It just seems that people have forgotten that they have shaped smartphones whichever way you look at them.

ozRooster
17-10-12, 11:24 PM
I find the camera great. Upgrade is good too on my 4s.

Not a Apple fan boi but I can't stand people's anti-Apple stance, retarded :D.

info0
18-10-12, 12:22 AM
Ah fuck this shit actually ;).

No-one would care anyway :D.

Cafcjgreen
17-07-14, 03:48 PM
I'm looking at getting a tablet, as I've never had one before I need help deciding which one to get. Any advice guys?

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Tapatalk

Craig Forrest
17-07-14, 03:52 PM
not an iPad.... get something better and cheaper without limits on what you can download and use...... Samsung products are good but there are many other good quality ones out there.... do some research based on your price range and requirements

Cafcjgreen
17-07-14, 04:01 PM
Not bothered about it being an iPad, didn't know where else to post it is all!

I've barely ever used any thing other than iOS though so not sure what im looking at to be honest

Sent from my 7 Trophy using Tapatalk

Craig Forrest
17-07-14, 04:34 PM
there's this awesome thing these days called "the internet" that allows you to do research and find information.... it's pretty cool :ok:

:P

but seriously, figure out what you're willing to spend and what you want it to have (lots of storage, really good camera, fast processing, size, weight, etc....) and go googling..... there is such a wide range of tablets available right now you should be able to find something good without too much effort..... I just got my daughter a Dell tablet running Android for her birthday..... it was on sale for $100 and she didn't need anything super fancy..... but it's pretty good for the price I paid.... front and back cameras, all the apps she would ever need.... good size, light-weight... etc....

info0
17-07-14, 07:27 PM
I wonder why people go for tablets anyway?

You have Phablets (smartphones big enough to be considered tablet :lol:).

Or

Just get yourself something along Lenovo Ideapad, Asus Transformer or something in between those (recommended my Sis to get Transformer instead of Galaxy Tab. She is overjoyed ;)).

Patinoz
17-07-14, 08:34 PM
not an iPad.... get something better and cheaper without limits on what you can download and use...... Samsung products are good but there are many other good quality ones out there.... do some research based on your price range and requirements

There is nothing better than iPad. Not even close. It is by far the best tablet out there.

If you are looking for a tablet and can afford paying a little bit more, it is a no-brainer.

Craig Forrest
18-07-14, 03:07 AM
What do you base that statement on? Value for price? Technical specifications?

And which iPad?

I have a bunch of friends who were tired of being limited with what they can do because of Apple's "you can only get things we approve and carry in our app store" policy and switched to other tablets..... I find it's really down to personal preference

ozRooster
18-07-14, 04:34 AM
Daughter has an ipad and I have a Samsung tablet, both are great.

Can't fault the Samsung, fast, great screen, really happy with it.

Fods
18-07-14, 07:56 AM
Only ever had iPad and I love it

wato20
18-07-14, 08:54 AM
We have an ipad, but the wife is on it all the time.

To be honest though, she is only ever browsing the web.

And the apps she uses are pintrest and instagram etc.

So it could be any tablet.

But u can tell it's great quality.
And the screen is excellent.

I've seen some cheaper tablets and they are no go.

Craig Forrest
18-07-14, 02:15 PM
I have a friend who owns an iPad air (and paid a shitload for it) and he loves it
I have another friend who has the new Samsung whatever, paid a shitload for it and loves it
I have another friend who has a cheap one he picked up for $120..... the camera isn't the greatest but he uses it mainly as a web browser, e-reader, music device and plays some games and stuff..... and he loves it

like I said, I think it really depends on your budget and what you want it for...

Bevchenko
29-09-14, 02:51 AM
Anyone gone and got the iPhone 6 yet?

info0
29-09-14, 09:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVO_aleen6E

:rofl:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't pay that much for this phone (harware wise it's Nexus from 2012 - welcome to the future Apple!).

Craig Forrest
02-10-14, 02:20 PM
Anyone gone and got the iPhone 6 yet?

Is that the new bendable one you can charge in the microwave using the Applewave technology?

:D

info0
03-10-14, 10:26 AM
http://nextshark.com/why-steve-jobs-didnt-let-his-kids-use-ipads-and-why-you-shouldnt-either/

Jesus
03-10-14, 06:09 PM
http://nextshark.com/why-steve-jobs-didnt-let-his-kids-use-ipads-and-why-you-shouldnt-either/

Did you read the comments on this article after you'd finished? I agree that kids shouldn't be exposed to technology as much as some are but people making comments below the article made some very valid counter arguments. Technology can be an amazing tool to help children develop as long as there are boundaries and things are monitored whilst they're still growing up. I grew up just as technology was taking off so I wasn't exposed to it much whilst I was younger, it was only when I was a teenager that I got engrossed in computers. However I do remember our first PC had a programme on it that was purely educational and I firmly believe it helped me form such a good base for maths at an early age. I consider myself to be good at maths and can pick things up with relative ease and I honestly put it down to sitting for an hour or two a day 'playing' this educational game which was simply maths questions which rewarded me with something at the end.

info0
03-10-14, 06:57 PM
I did. I also met a lot of kids while at practice @school.

Shocking how BAD their knowledge is. Hell, they can't make simple equation nowadays without using calculator! That's terrible... I can count how much I have to pay before cachier counts it :lol:.

Not to mention other problems of society like dyslexia and other stuff. Writing an essay ON paper, by hand? Forget it. It's all done on Word cause it shows you errors you make. How can they learn PROPER grammar/spelling then?

Technology is GOOD and GREAT asset, but it should be USED wisely or one day, Terminator might not just be the sci-fi movie... (Hawking). ;)

Btw it's kind of scary to think what we will see in 20+ years O_O.