PDA

View Full Version : Darts

Pages : [1] 2

316'sRegen
18-01-12, 12:46 PM
Step up to the oche, this is the thread for darts chat.

From the BDO to the PDC, Wolfy Adams to Phil Taylor, all your darts related chat, this is the place!

trevorplatt
11-03-12, 01:24 PM
I was wondering if there would be a darts thread, I was surprised to find one!

It's spelt 'oche' by the way.

Anyone see Taylor demolish Anderson the other night?

Players Championship at Reading starts today, couple of the local lads are there, Chris Thompson has Les Wallace and Terry Temple has been drawn out against Darren Johnson, I hope they both play well.

Goofy
11-03-12, 04:45 PM
Taylor hit another 9 darter in the first round today, the fucker's on fire just now :lol:

This is the site for the league i play in - http://npdarts.wordpress.com/

I play for Luncarty Rec btw :)

AMC
11-03-12, 04:46 PM
Liar you play for Methven!

trevorplatt
11-03-12, 04:57 PM
I play in York, three different leagues (on a Sunday, Monday and Thursday), I've just joined the Individual league website link (http://yorkidl.leaguerepublic.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=E9297CA25AA36B09 77284299ADA4D49F.worker1?psSelectedSeason=8233781&psSelectedDivision=641490&psSelectedLeague=5065758) and I regularly enter the York Open - I'm not as good as Taylor just yet though.

Goofy
11-03-12, 06:58 PM
Liar you play for Methven!

I'd have to chop off the meat and two veg first, they're an all-female team :P

I play in York, three different leagues (on a Sunday, Monday and Thursday), I've just joined the Individual league website link (http://yorkidl.leaguerepublic.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do;jsessionid=E9297CA25AA36B09 77284299ADA4D49F.worker1?psSelectedSeason=8233781&psSelectedDivision=641490&psSelectedLeague=5065758) and I regularly enter the York Open - I'm not as good as Taylor just yet though.

Cool :ok: atm i'm trying to get involved with a Super League team, my 3 dart average at home vs Darts Scorer program has been 70+ for the last few months so i reckon i could cut it :) Also leading the 180's and Best Games in our league this season plus i'm the current League Average Man :ok: Definitely time to test myself at a higher level

Dermotron
11-03-12, 10:05 PM
Anyone got a list of the televised Darts for the year? Except for the Premier League and the World Champs (PDC and BDO) I forget there's darts on all year (no Sky . . . .) .

Playing a tournament for charity next Sunday, nearly 200 entrants so far, hopefully we'll get 256 to round it off :ok:

Goofy
11-03-12, 10:26 PM
http://www.pdc.tv/page/Calendar/0,,10180,00.html

Dermotron
11-03-12, 10:33 PM
Cheers Goof, must throw a few into the firstrowsports, I mean outlook calendar :D

trevorplatt
11-03-12, 11:51 PM
Played tonight, just got back, it was a mixed league (equal No. of men to women) game I was drawn against my cousin, I played shit and he's generally a little better than me as it is. Team got beat 7-2, they had already won the league and we were already mid-table so f*ck all riding on it - thankfully.

Away match tomorrow in the open league, again against the top of the table, we beat them last time though!

Redknapp69
12-03-12, 02:40 AM
I wish they would bring back bullseye with Jim Bowen and Tony Green!

Dermotron
12-03-12, 09:38 AM
Ah yeah - 'here's what you could have won' nearly always a speedboat :lol:

Goofy
13-03-12, 11:41 PM
We won 11-1 last night against the 3rd top team in the league........ freak result :D I won my game 2-0, 16 dart and 18 dart legs, keeping up my good form :ok:

Redknapp69
14-03-12, 01:09 PM
Blimey - sounds like your pretty good Goof!

Goofy
14-03-12, 03:07 PM
Blimey - sounds like your pretty good Goof!

Top of the tree this season :ok:

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/9233/easycapture1d.png (http://img857.imageshack.us/i/easycapture1d.png/)

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/9849/180sa.png (http://img826.imageshack.us/i/180sa.png/)

Goofy
01-04-12, 04:43 PM
Neil McKay and myself won the league doubles comp on friday night :dance1: We both hit 180's during it too

Dermotron
02-04-12, 09:44 AM
There'd be a few that qualified for the Embassy last year that never hit a 180 :lol:

Goofy
02-04-12, 11:07 AM
There'd be a few that qualified for the Embassy last year that never hit a 180 :lol:

:lol:

Blue Demon
26-07-12, 06:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0iuDKt7oyA

Redknapp69
26-07-12, 08:04 AM
I love VanGerwen's facial movements and gurning!
Watched that 9 darter last night - commentator Flintoff loved it!

Dermotron
26-07-12, 09:02 AM
2nd in his career and what age is he, 22/23. If he could find a bit of consistency he could break into the top 4

Redknapp69
10-10-12, 11:50 PM
How good was the Thornton/Taylor match!

Goofy
13-10-12, 11:01 PM
How good was the Thornton/Taylor match!

Great from Bob's point of view! Just a pity he suffered from the usual "knock out Taylor, go out next round" thing that seems to happen so often in the PDC! Guys use all their energy and adrenaline beating him then they have nothing left for the next game :(

Anyway, been a while since i posted in here! I've now played 4 times for Perthshire County :dance1: Played the last game of last season for them just after winning our league's singles comp (was invited to play in the bar afterwards :D ), played B team first and won 3-1 with a 20.3 average (average per dart obviously), wouldve been better if not for missed doubles! Got promoted to the A team on the same day and lost 3-2 in a pretty vital match :( Was asked back this season so mustve done something right! First game this season away to Tay Valley (Dundee), was picked for the B team again and won 3-2 - very close game, first 4 legs went with the throw then i broke him in the decider with a 15 darter :dance1: Couldnt be promoted to the A team that day due to playing both A and B in my previous game (dont ask me how it works :lol: ) but i did have the highest average in the B team that day........ just checked the BDO website and i'm still in the top 30 B team averages in N.Scotland :D

So, saturday past we were at home v Fife........ and they're a strong team! Ross "The Boss" Montgomery, Stewart Rattray, Colin Miller etc, all top BDO players! Anyhow, the Captain tells me i've been dropped from the B Team......... and promoted to the A Team :dance1: Get drawn out of the hat vs Rab Shaw, experienced County player who's been playing for 20+ years so i know i'm in for a game! Anyway, me to throw first and i fly out of the blocks and take the first two legs of the match hitting the double first dart both times. Rab fires back with a 14 against the throw (i had 130 left) then a 17 with the throw (me sitting on 32 having missed a dart at 16s for the match) so it goes to the final leg............ a little fist touch "good luck" precedes it which i thought was a nice touch :D I've got the throw........... big single 5...... compose myself......... treble 20, treble 20 followed by a "come on" and a fist pump :lol: He hits 45.......... i then hit a ton........ he hits 41.......... match in the bag i'm thinking, just keep it steady! Can't remember what i hit after that, all i remember is missing 7 darts at double for the match, 3 of them bang on the wire and two of them had me swaying/walking towards the board they were that close :( Rab hit the double first dart...... lesson learned! Can't afford the miss 7 darts at double at County level! My overall average was 23.64 so at least i'm headed in the right direction...... plus if i'd hit that fecking double in the last leg then it wouldve been even better!

So, all in all, pretty pleased with my start to County darts........ totally new to me, takes a bit of getting used to being up on stage with someone calling out your every score :lol: Onwards and upwards, got Clackmannanshire up next and i plan on kicking some ass! Have hit legs of 11 and 12 today in practice and missed the bull for a 10 so i know my game is in the best shape it's ever been plus my own domestic league finally got underway last monday so plenty time for match practice now! :D

Goofy
13-10-12, 11:01 PM
Hope i didnt bore you all with that^^ :D

Dermotron
16-12-12, 11:13 PM
Some standard to the darts so far even in the 1st round. Barney is on fire.

Coys
16-12-12, 11:26 PM
Lewis was shocking in his game, i thought that young dutch lad was going to take him out!

If Lewis had faced anybody half decent, he would have been beat.

Goofy
17-12-12, 12:09 AM
Barney averaging 108............ he's back!!!!!

Dermotron
19-12-12, 10:35 PM
Come on Dennis!!

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/230251_19359591016_3478_n.jpg

Goofy
19-12-12, 10:46 PM
Is that you and the great man? Just got beaten unfortunately :( Fucking legend though!

Dermotron
19-12-12, 10:52 PM
It is indeed, from the World Grand Prix and couple of years ago. He's 62 and still throwing well enough!

Goofy
20-12-12, 06:19 PM
Paul Lim playing tonight! :w00t: Been a while since he's played in the Worlds........ seems to play mostly soft-tip nowadays and he's fucking good at it!

Dermotron
20-12-12, 06:21 PM
1st live tv 9 darter :ok:

Was shocked to see him in the betting earlier!

Goofy
20-12-12, 10:29 PM
Crackin game between Rand and Huybrechts :tup:

Goofy
20-12-12, 10:40 PM
Great match........ and Rand won me a few quid too ;)

Dermotron
21-12-12, 05:51 PM
Anderson is in bother, getting distracted by his own shirt

Dermotron
21-12-12, 06:04 PM
Some game. Bowles is steady as fuck. Bit of Terry Jenkins about him

Goofy
22-12-12, 06:10 PM
Couple of crackers this afternoon, Penter v Baxter was a classic, 180s for fun! Good win for Lloyd against Webby too :ok: Barney up and down like a whores drawers but came through easy enough in the end.

Goofy
23-12-12, 04:16 PM
Deano! Deano!!!! 9 darter :w00t:

Dermotron
23-12-12, 07:37 PM
9 darter and gets beat.

Him and Beaton missing big singles will haunt both of them - even though the 15k Winstanley gets for 9 darter will help

Redknapp69
23-12-12, 08:34 PM
Havent watched much of the darts but will do so from this week. Doesn't sound like many shocks so far. Fair play to those boys getting 9 darters - probably equates to quite a lot of tournament winnings for them so good on them!

Dermotron
23-12-12, 09:48 PM
Impressive display from Van Gerwen. Only worry you'd have with him is over dependent on finding a rhythm, he's all or nothing

Goofy
23-12-12, 10:17 PM
Impressive display from Van Gerwen. Only worry you'd have with him is over dependent on finding a rhythm, he's all or nothing

Bit like Barney tbh! I still think the winner will be either Taylor, Barney or MVG - that was my feeling at the outset and nothing i've seen so far has convinced me otherwise :)

Dermotron
23-12-12, 10:30 PM
Jenkins is so steady but his finishing is killing him

Goofy
23-12-12, 10:36 PM
Yep, always been his downfall (same with Anderson) - Terry would've won a couple of majors if he'd been a bit more clinical on the doubles!

Dermotron
23-12-12, 10:45 PM
Bif of that with Anderson. Seems more concentration with him. When it goes wrong he keeps doing the same thing expecting it to change. Its a shame as on form no-one could outscore Anderson imo

Goofy
23-12-12, 10:59 PM
afaik Ando still holds the record average for a PDC match - averaged 120+ winning a pro tour match 5-0!

Goofy
23-12-12, 11:01 PM
From his wiki page - Anderson defeated Mark Dudbridge 6-0 in a PDC Pro Tour event in Derby, averaging 123.5 - the highest three-dart average in PDC history

Coys
23-12-12, 11:03 PM
Time for the power!

He needs to improve his awful 90 average or a big risk of him losing this!

Redknapp69
24-12-12, 12:28 AM
Think Taylor dud ok in the end Coys!

Good - who is the person in your avatar thing?

Goofy
24-12-12, 03:24 PM
Good - who is the person in your avatar thing?

I assume you mean Goof - Keith Moon from The Who :ok:

Coys
24-12-12, 03:25 PM
He did what was required of him Red, but Thornton handed it to him on a plate. Still think he needs to improve a lot or can't see him winning this. Very strong last 16!

Dermotron
27-12-12, 09:27 PM
Barney Vs Anderson - giggidy

Dermotron
27-12-12, 10:05 PM
Anderson's doubles are costing him a chance at this

Redknapp69
28-12-12, 03:05 AM
Good last 8!

Baz
28-12-12, 05:48 AM
Interesting last 8 but i'm going for a Barney vs Taylor and Wade vs Van Gerwen semi line up. Also I hate Lewis with a passion so hopefully Van Gerwen destroys him on Saturday.

Dermotron
29-12-12, 11:13 PM
van Gerwen having double trouble, could be easily 4-0 or 3-1 as Lewis is not playing all that well except for some big finishes.

Goofy
29-12-12, 11:55 PM
What a fucking match........ and it aint over yet :w00t:

Dermotron
29-12-12, 11:59 PM
Lewis turned it on just after I'd posted. What a match indeed. Amazing

Dermotron
30-12-12, 12:04 AM
Sick stuff

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Lowskys/Stuff%20from%20PC/mvg_zps73c74017.jpg

Goofy
30-12-12, 12:19 AM
Yep, one of the greatest matches in history! :) Thought for sure there was gonna be a 9 darter!

Goofy
30-12-12, 12:55 AM
:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/ah5yT.jpg

Redknapp69
30-12-12, 01:07 AM
Lewis is a prick - glad MVG won!

Wade is another moaning ungrateful prick

Looking for MVG and Barney final

Redknapp69
30-12-12, 09:21 PM
What a set of darts!

MVG with a 9 darter then nearly another in next leg!

Then Wade wins the set!

Dermotron
01-01-13, 09:20 PM
This match is gonna be fascinating.

van Gerwen will probably outscore Taylor but as Bristow has pointed out, Wade only had 89 ave. and won 4 sets. Equating the missed doubles and the fact Taylor will probably have far more out shots than Wade, MVG will have to at least double his checkout percentage to win imo.

I think it MVG can keep into Taylor and get him off his game again like Barney did he could win it.

Baz
02-01-13, 11:36 AM
MVG did to Taylor what Taylor does to everyone in the first few sets but then MVG went off the boil big time. He'll be a World Champion in the future if he can sort his consistency out.

Premier League line up is announced tonight, the four automatics are Taylor, Lewis, Wade & van Gerwen with 4 wildcards. I'd like to see the wildcards be van Barneveld, Anderson, Whitlock and Chisnall but i'm fully expecting to see Barney, Anderson, Hamilton & Newton.

Coys
02-01-13, 02:43 PM
I thought Taylor was finished at 4-2, considering MVG missed a double to go 5-2 up IIRC?

Baz
02-01-13, 03:06 PM
Yeah he missed doubles to go 5-2 up then kind of lost it from there.

Goofy
02-01-13, 03:08 PM
i'm fully expecting to see Barney, Anderson, Hamilton & Newton.

Nah, Whitlock is a cert ;) Newton won't get in because nobody likes him :lol: I think Bob Thronton has a chance in place of Ando tbh

Baz
02-01-13, 04:28 PM
Anderson has that it factor when he's on song though so I can't imagine they'd rule him out. We'll find out tonight though so all is good.

Baz
02-01-13, 08:49 PM
What a cop out from the PDC!

THE McCoy's Premier League Darts will feature TEN players in 2013 under a new format which was announced on Wednesday evening, with Michael van Gerwen, Wes Newton and Robert Thornton to make their debuts in the tournament.

A radical change will see the field expanded from eight players to feature ten stars this year as they compete across 15 nights in the UK and Ireland's biggest arenas.

The ten players will face each other once over the opening nine weeks of the tournament, over the best of 12 legs, before the bottom two players in the league table are relegated following the ninth league night in Brighton.

The remaining eight players will then face each other again over the remaining five league nights before the top four progress to the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on May 16.

Reigning McCoy's Premier League Darts champion Phil Taylor - who won the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship on Tuesday - will head the field of ten players, alongside 2009 winner James Wade and 2011 champion Gary Anderson.

They are joined by established Premier League stars Adrian Lewis, Simon Whitlock and Raymond van Barneveld, while Andy Hamilton retains his place in the tournament following an impressive debut season in 2012.

World Grand Prix champion Michael van Gerwen, who has risen to fourth in the PDC Order of Merit following his run to the World Championship final, will make his McCoy's Premier League Darts debut this season alongside two other new faces, Wes Newton and Robert Thornton.

Newton's status amongst the world's elite was confirmed when he reached September's European Championship final, while Scottish star Thornton claimed the UK Open title in June with a thrilling victory over Taylor in Bolton.

"This new format for the McCoy's Premier League Darts is going to take the tournament to a whole new level," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"Fans across the UK and Ireland will experience five spectacular matches on each night, and all ten players have earned their spots with their achievements over the last 12 months.

"This new format will mean incredible competition both to avoid relegation and then for Play-Off places before the ninth McCoy's Premier League champion is crowned at The O2 in May."

The McCoy's Premier League Darts, screened live on Sky Sports HD, will begin on Thursday February 7 at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast before travelling to Aberdeen, Bournemouth, Exeter, Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, Glasgow and Brighton for the first phase of the event.

The final five league nights will be held in Sheffield, Dublin, Birmingham, Liverpool and Newcastle before the top four players progress to the Play-Offs at The O2 in London on May 16.

The McCoy’s Premier League Darts competitors are:
Phil Taylor - reigning and six-time Premier League Darts champion
Adrian Lewis - two-time World Champion
James Wade - 2009 Premier League Darts champion
Michael van Gerwen - 2012 World Grand Prix champion
Simon Whitlock - 2012 European Champion
Andy Hamilton - 2012 Premier League Darts semi-finalist
Wes Newton - 2012 European Championship finalist
Raymond van Barneveld - five-time World Champion
Gary Anderson - 2011 Premier League Darts champion
Robert Thornton - 2012 UK Open champion

See you out in the first round Wes & Thorn :lol:

Dermotron
06-01-13, 02:40 AM
Whist the BDO is a bit behind in terms of quality, they do fuck all to help themselves with the production value and the staging of the event. If they are only going to show darts highlights on bbc1, put the whole event on live on bbc3 since there's nothing on until 7pm and even then its just repeats all evening.

Coys
06-01-13, 02:54 AM
a bit behind?

fucking dreadful

Dermotron
06-01-13, 03:05 AM
In fairness the opening rounds are poor due to majority making an annual tv appearance, the pdc guys are so acclimatised to it its just a different world. The standard from the quarters on last year was top class.

Was reading about Martin Adams being now on the BDO board, that should see better exposure if his plans are brought through. But I fear Adams is too old school to be the right man to replace Olly Croft. Then again, no-one can be worse.

If they want it to be taken seriously, they need the World Championships to be treated as a serious comp i.e. every game live on tv, not some highlight reel in the small hrs of the morning.

Baz
06-01-13, 10:17 AM
Isn't it split between BBC and ESPN? I'm pretty sure ESPN has most of the live games as the BBC Sport website has them live online.

Dermotron
06-01-13, 02:45 PM
Putting them on ESPN is hardly opening it up to the mainstream though Baz? Is it on ESPN with BBC commentary team?

This match between Bunting and Wilson is excellent as 1st round games go.

Baz
06-01-13, 10:27 PM
No idea Dermy. I've only caught a couple of games. Watched Wolfie get knocked out by Jimmy Hendricks though.

Dermotron
10-01-13, 09:24 PM
Robbie Green Vs. Tony O'Shea should be a good game.

Surprised Harms beat Fitton 5-2, Fitton was throwing well. Harms is solid though and should probably win this tournament.

George Vs. Dekker tomorrow could be the worst scoring game of darts since myself and a mate played for e50 after a bottle and a half of Jameson between us.

But seriously, could easily be the lowest scoring quarter final in world finals history

Dermotron
11-01-13, 02:28 PM
I like the BDO but the darts memes about it are brilliant

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394854_270413749751732_320554298_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185761_270510303075410_726308378_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/19887_270937863032654_1409927673_n.jpg

Dermotron
13-01-13, 07:44 PM
Scott Waites playing well but O'Shea looks to be shitting on the course again.

Goofy
13-01-13, 08:52 PM
Woeful performance from O'Shea........ did he even average 80+ in the end? Scotty never played his best either but didn't really have to in all fairness!

Goofy
13-01-13, 09:12 PM
2013 England Scott Waites - 86.43 7-1 England Tony O'Shea - 81.90

2013 England Phil Taylor - 103.04 7–4 Netherlands Michael van Gerwen - 100.66

Huge difference!

Goofy
13-01-13, 09:15 PM
Never been a 100+ average in a BDO final, the PDC final has seen 13 100+ averages! :lol: Yet the BBC commentators (muppet Green and co) don't even acknowledge the PDC's existence! You know who holds the BDO's record average for a World Final? Yep, you guessed it, Taylor....... 21 years ago :D

Baz
13-01-13, 09:31 PM
Can't believe how shite O'Shea was. I was expecting a real close final shame we didn't get it. Chances of Waites jumping to the PDC now he's won what he wanted to win?

Goofy
13-01-13, 09:44 PM
Chances of Waites jumping to the PDC now he's won what he wanted to win?

Dunno........ as far as i'm aware the BDO now make all semi-finalists sign a 2 year contract to stay with the BDO before they get to play the semi. Think they started doing that after Barney jumped ship....... although i remember there was a big hoo-hah when Hankey got to the semis and said he'd rather not play than sign the contract, they eventually let him play without signing and he jumped to the PDC after the championships!

Dermotron
13-01-13, 09:58 PM
The 4 BDO semi-finalists have a PDC tour card if they want it. Even though I think the PDC are tightening the screw on the BDO by not allowing anyone who refuses the card to not play in the Grand Slam of Darts. Which is essence makes no sense since it would be a massacre without the likes of Waites, O'Shea and Harms. Richie George wouldn't be missed from our pub team.

Baz
13-01-13, 10:11 PM
Dunno........ as far as i'm aware the BDO now make all semi-finalists sign a 2 year contract to stay with the BDO before they get to play the semi. Think they started doing that after Barney jumped ship....... although i remember there was a big hoo-hah when Hankey got to the semis and said he'd rather not play than sign the contract, they eventually let him play without signing and he jumped to the PDC after the championships!

They really do that lol? That's just wrong. These guys should be able to play where they want to play afterall there's been a couple of players in recent times that have jumped ship just to go back to the BDO.

Alan
14-01-13, 12:09 AM
I think people need to realise exactly what the BDO is - and that includes the BDO themselves. It is essentially a proving ground made up primarily of part-time players. The best of the bunch tend to migrate to the PDC and are able to make a decent living as professionals. It is hardly surprising that the standard in the BDO is that much lower when they consistently lose their best players across the border.

Dermotron
14-01-13, 12:31 AM
Indeed Alan, it's become very easy to knock the BDO but without them there would be no PDC. They manage all the underage structure that produces the players that end up in the PDC. As much as I despise Olly Croft, one good thing he did was not selling the BDO to Barry Hearn. Hearn would have 0 interest in the underage structures of the game, similar to the EPL not caring about the Football League.

One aspect that's forgotten too is that the BDO World Championship is generally the only time the BDO players are on mainstream tv other than the GSOD so without the exposure it's a huge set-up playing a televised tournament. The quiet crowd is a negative to players imo. Playing in silence has a negative effect in my experience (and from what a lot of other semi-serious players have told me), you can see the pressure get out of hand with some small noise from the crowd. Not that I agree or like the loutish side of PDC coverage, but not sure if it's any worse than that goddamn awful 'board mike' at the BDO.

In essence if they worked together more they'd create a better sport which would suit both/all sides. The Richie George Vs. Jimmy Hendriks match was the lowest quality match I've seen at the BDO in terms of later stage games. With the continual defection to the PDC games like that will become more common place in the BDO of course, which is a shame because what it does for the game rarely gets the credit it deserves. Then again with the likes of Adams and Tony Green ignoring the fact the PDC exists doesn't do the organisation any favours. Surprised the Kostas guy doing the commentary wasn't sacked after mentioning the PDC and getting excited by the sight of Wade and Llyod. Healthy rivarly would help the BDO imo.

Looking at some of the PDC Tour Card entries in recent years, there must be a hell of lot or broke/retired ex-BDO players out there just from the last 3-4 years . An awful lot weren't good enough to be decent BDO players let alone top 128 PDC players. There have been rumour's of plenty going to return to the BDO next year but that of course will all depend on whats on offer and what can be offered. Since the PDC has exploded with the Premier League, a lot of guys are coming from nowhere to oust the guys that used to be steady tour players. It says a lot when a guy as good as Mardle doesn't want the slog of trying to stay in the top 32 or so. On that note Manley has entered the PDC Tour School this year to see if he can get a Tour Card, be interesting to see how he does. If he's even at 80% his best and can't get in it shows the level the PDC has gone to and why the BDO will struggle to compete in the current outdated methods. Let's hope for some positive change :)

Redknapp69
14-01-13, 01:29 AM
Great write ups there chaps :tup:

Dermotron
07-02-13, 09:52 PM
1st Round of the Premier League tonight :w00t:

Goofy
03-05-13, 11:21 PM
Indeed Alan, it's become very easy to knock the BDO but without them there would be no PDC. They manage all the underage structure that produces the players that end up in the PDC. As much as I despise Olly Croft, one good thing he did was not selling the BDO to Barry Hearn. Hearn would have 0 interest in the underage structures of the game, similar to the EPL not caring about the Football League.

One aspect that's forgotten too is that the BDO World Championship is generally the only time the BDO players are on mainstream tv other than the GSOD so without the exposure it's a huge set-up playing a televised tournament. The quiet crowd is a negative to players imo. Playing in silence has a negative effect in my experience (and from what a lot of other semi-serious players have told me), you can see the pressure get out of hand with some small noise from the crowd. Not that I agree or like the loutish side of PDC coverage, but not sure if it's any worse than that goddamn awful 'board mike' at the BDO.

In essence if they worked together more they'd create a better sport which would suit both/all sides. The Richie George Vs. Jimmy Hendriks match was the lowest quality match I've seen at the BDO in terms of later stage games. With the continual defection to the PDC games like that will become more common place in the BDO of course, which is a shame because what it does for the game rarely gets the credit it deserves. Then again with the likes of Adams and Tony Green ignoring the fact the PDC exists doesn't do the organisation any favours. Surprised the Kostas guy doing the commentary wasn't sacked after mentioning the PDC and getting excited by the sight of Wade and Llyod. Healthy rivarly would help the BDO imo.

Looking at some of the PDC Tour Card entries in recent years, there must be a hell of lot or broke/retired ex-BDO players out there just from the last 3-4 years . An awful lot weren't good enough to be decent BDO players let alone top 128 PDC players. There have been rumour's of plenty going to return to the BDO next year but that of course will all depend on whats on offer and what can be offered. Since the PDC has exploded with the Premier League, a lot of guys are coming from nowhere to oust the guys that used to be steady tour players. It says a lot when a guy as good as Mardle doesn't want the slog of trying to stay in the top 32 or so. On that note Manley has entered the PDC Tour School this year to see if he can get a Tour Card, be interesting to see how he does. If he's even at 80% his best and can't get in it shows the level the PDC has gone to and why the BDO will struggle to compete in the current outdated methods. Let's hope for some positive change :)

1st time ive seen that post - spot on mate :tup:

Just home from playing Superleague tonight, won 3-1 but played the biggest pile of shit ive played in ages :lol: Luckily someone else didnt think so and ive got an invite for the Fife Open pairs on sunday - playing with a top class County player :) Will let you know how we get on

Dermotron
17-05-13, 10:51 AM
Van Gerwen ya legend. What a way to withstand the pressure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FRS5dR07Sv8

Hoping to be back playing footie this season, might steal his celebration :D

Redknapp69
18-05-13, 01:37 AM
Was a helluva final

Goofy
27-09-13, 12:40 PM
Just got an email reply from the wife of Steve Beaton, looks like The Bronzed Adonis could be coming up to my local for an exhibition night next year :clap:

Dermotron
27-09-13, 01:21 PM
You could beat him Scoot, lol.

Goofy
27-09-13, 07:35 PM
Doubtful :lol: Beaton's rarely been out of the top 32 since he moved to the PDC - he won the German Masters just last week too!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1328/9jy9.png (http://img443.imageshack.us/i/9jy9.png/)

Plus he's meant to be a quality guy :)

Goofy
29-09-13, 08:37 PM
The Adonis is booked! :dance: 29th March Steve Beaton will be gracing Luncarty FC Social Club with his presence!! Excited already :D

Goofy
30-09-13, 12:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4XrVdbf.jpg

Think my poster attempt turned out not too bad at all :D

Goofy
02-10-13, 09:12 PM
Just answered the phone to The Adonis himself :D Crackin' bloke! I'd emailed him today to ask if it would be ok for him to arrive a bit earlier than normal so i could do a VIP meet+greet - he rang me up to say no probs! Chatted away for a bit, seems like a diamond geezer........... just a pity i've 6 months to wait now :( Hahahaha

Redknapp69
02-10-13, 11:29 PM
What sort of fee does he command? Does he play much darts on these type of nights or mainly Q&A with some arrows thrown in?

Dermotron
03-10-13, 09:27 AM
50 a leg to play most of them aint it. That's what Jaws was charging in my local last year. Cute whore bought a couplle of rounds and got about 40 extra games off lads that wouldn't normally bother, everyone being a hero with more shandy in them.

Goofy
03-10-13, 09:57 AM
What sort of fee does he command? Does he play much darts on these type of nights or mainly Q&A with some arrows thrown in?

50 a leg to play most of them aint it. That's what Jaws was charging in my local last year. Cute whore bought a couplle of rounds and got about 40 extra games off lads that wouldn't normally bother, everyone being a hero with more shandy in them.

The charge for an exhibition night is 800, Im paying an exttra 200 for a pro mc. Hes gonna do a meet n greet for vips, hour beforehand, buffet, pics, autographs etc then play 16-20 legs vs audience members.

Dermotron
11-11-13, 04:15 PM
Watched the evening session of the 2nd round of games of the Grand Slam of Darts last night. Some average performances in it. Game of the night was Ronny Huybrechts beating Adrian Lewis. Anderson's doubles let him down again versus Wade. And Taylor wiped the floor with Paul Nicholson and loved it :lol:

Dermotron
01-01-14, 10:00 PM
Peter Wright not in this at all. Missing his chances (until that leg). Needs to be at least 3-1 at the break to have a chance

Dermotron
01-01-14, 10:30 PM
If Wright holds throw in this set we have a match on the cards!

Dermotron
01-01-14, 10:40 PM
Think that's it done and dusted. Had chances to make it 4-3. Hard to see him overcoming 5-2

Coys
01-01-14, 11:16 PM
Just turned this on at 5-2 and it's turned into one hell of a game!

Atmosphere is amazing.

Dermotron
01-01-14, 11:23 PM
It's a real shame it didn't go 4-3. Still, holds his throw this set and it's 6-5

Dermotron
07-05-14, 09:32 AM
How did the darts night with Steve Beaton go for ya Goofy?

Goofy
07-05-14, 09:46 AM
Fuckin brilliant mate, i actually managed to beat him :D 1 leg of 701, i started 140, 180, 100 :lol: Went out in 17 darts :dance: Ill pm you a link for some pix :ok:

Dermotron
07-05-14, 10:54 AM
Looks like a good night had by all :ok:

Redknapp69
07-05-14, 11:17 AM
Great stuff Goof! Throw some fine arrows as well!

The Adonis - :hail:

Goofy
07-05-14, 11:49 AM
Steve was a class act all night long, posed for pics and had a chat with everyone, threw some great darts too........ not quite good enough to beat "The Juggernaut" though ;) Its funny, he actually hit 3 140s in a row against me but never had a dart at double :lol: My walkon was class too, got the two barmaids to lead me to the stage, struck a pose on stage then they kissed me on either cheek :lol: Only wish we'd videod it all!

Dermotron
26-07-14, 10:26 PM
Jesus christ Gary ya left that one there, what a match. Gonna be some final but MVG gonna need to pick it up a little

Dermotron
26-10-14, 09:35 PM
MVG 'struggling' but has thrown a 9 darter and checked out 161 :lol:

Dermotron
01-12-14, 11:52 AM
And Gary Anderson finally breaks the live TV final duck :hail:

13/2 for the Worlds is still decent. His finishing this tournament was superb and given it's his achilles heel generally, maintaining that will mean MVG or Phil will need to be at their very very best to beat him imo.

Redknapp69
04-01-15, 11:56 PM
Gary Anderson :hail:

Dermotron
10-01-15, 11:39 AM
Love anyone beating Taylor :D

Enjoying the BDO too, it's like the national League and PDC is the Champions League. Standard always a bit ropey early one but picking up steam now. Lisa Ashton in the Ladies is unreal

Dermotron
04-02-15, 01:33 PM
MVG vs Dave Chisnall the other day possibly the greatest game ever. Outstanding

MVG was even better in the final again. Taylor is the best, no doubt, but he never threw like MVG did the other night, even his 112 average world championship win. The fact Van Gerwen is this good at 25 is incredible.

AJ
04-02-15, 02:17 PM
wonder if MVG can keep the spirit and fire inside for long enough to become a legend like Taylor

Dermotron
12-06-15, 11:47 PM
wonder if MVG can keep the spirit and fire inside for long enough to become a legend like Taylor

Looking likely. Very driven.

A World Cup England have a genuine chance of winning - http://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-news/pdc-world-cup-2015-tournament-schedule-20150609-0000/

Wales might be celebrating the football but lol at losing to Hong Kong. Even though play them next so that could have to haunt me :D

Redknapp69
13-06-15, 11:07 AM
Who did we have? Webster and Burnett

Dermotron
14-06-15, 07:14 PM
Webster and didn't know the other lad. Burnett must be semi retired, his PDC rank is gone very low. The teams are made from the top 2 PDC ranking players from each nation.

Course I spoke too soon, HK beat us 2-1 :D Be funny if they done in Scotland, Anderson and Peter Wright

Dermotron
14-06-15, 11:47 PM
England beat Scotland in the final

Quarter-Finals

Belgium 2-1 Australia (1.15pm)
Ronny Huybrechts 2-4 Simon Whitlock
Kim Huybrechts 4-3 Paul Nicholson
R Huybrechts/K Huybrechts 4-2 S Whitlock/P Nicholson

Scotland 2-0 Hong Kong (2.15pm)
Gary Anderson 4-2 Ting Chi Royden Lam
Peter Wright 4-2 Scott MacKenzie

England 2-0 Germany (3.15pm)
Phil Taylor 4-1 Jyhan Artut
Adrian Lewis 4-0 Max Hopp

Northern Ireland 1-2 Netherlands (4.15pm)
Brendan Dolan 2-4 Michael van Gerwen
Mickey Mansell 4-3 Raymond van Barneveld
Dolan/Mansell 0-4 Van Gerwen/Van Barneveld

Evening Session (7pm)

Semi-Finals

England 2-0 Belgium
Phil Taylor 4-3 Ronny Huybrechts
Adrian Lewis 4-2 Kim Huybrechts

Scotland 2-1 Netherlands
Peter Wright 3-4 Michael van Gerwen
Gary Anderson 4-1 Raymond van Barneveld
Wright/Anderson 4-1 Van Gerwen/Van Barneveld

Final

England 3-2 Scotland
Phil Taylor 4-0 Peter Wright
Adrian Lewis 1-4 Gary Anderson
Taylor/Lewis 4-3 Anderson/Wright
Phil Taylor 1-4 Gary Anderson
Adrian Lewis 4-1 Peter Wright

Dermotron
27-06-15, 06:53 PM
World Series in Japan, the crowd are awesome. Cheer like it's a 140 for a 60. They'll go cracked for a 180 lol

Dermotron
23-11-15, 10:25 AM
Did you go to the darts Goof?

Unreal from MVG, fucking machine. So unlucky from Wright. Should have went 8-5 instead of it being 7-6, would have been huge. Hard to keep holding your own throw when van Gerwen is applying so much pressure. Great match and great performance by both.

MVG at 11/10 for the Worlds is surely buying money?

Dermotron
17-12-15, 05:03 PM
Bring it on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqp54_zIBTk

Dermotron
17-12-15, 05:07 PM
Tonight's games

Andy Boulton v Per Laursen (P)
Jamie Lewis v Daryl Gurney
Peter Wright v Keegan Brown
Gary Anderson v Boulton/Laursen

Big game for young guns Lewis and Gurney. If Lewis tidies up his doubles he'll be a smashing player in a few years. A bit like like Chizzy though, over relies on high scoring. Keegan Brown is a danger man for Wright. Has the talent, just needs the consistency. Could be another that takes a few years to hit his stride. Him and Lewis aren't full time pros either which would make a big difference if they went full time.

Dermotron
20-12-15, 04:32 PM
Poor ol Murnan hadn't a clue what was going on in that game. Miscounting, thought he'd won.

Andy Hamilton's form has taken some nosedive since reaching final and playing Premier League a few years ago

Jesus
20-12-15, 05:02 PM
Saw the Whitlock game last night and that is another player who's performance has nose dived. Couldn't finish at all, he was just fortunate his opponent was worse.

Baz
20-12-15, 05:56 PM
Hammer Hamilton actually won a tournament not so long back. Whitlock on the other hand had that brilliant couple of years then has just totally lost it. Barney is in a similar position however Barney can still turn it on at times as he won the PL from nowhere last year, however he does have health issues. Paul Nicholson is another one who's just gone off the boil massively recently. I wouldn't really say the standard has risen as averages of the top players has been around 100 for a good 4/5 years now just there's more players that can hit those kind of averages now so it's a lot more competitive.

Redknapp69
20-12-15, 09:31 PM
Nicholsen has nevere reach any sort of potential he had IMO - think he worries/plays too much on his off stage performance too much with crowd etc

Not watched much of it this year so far. I used to go to it every year when living in London - 'tis is a cracking night out

Dermotron
21-12-15, 09:52 AM
The very top and the next level are getting a bit stretched away from each other . . . but there are now a lot of players who have the ability to turn in huge performances e.g. Daryl Gurney and Mensur Suljovic in the Players Championship (could name about 20 newish players like this now). The problem for a lot of players is when the others catch up they believe they are getting worse (Whitlock, Hamilton, King, Newton etc.) when they might not be. Hard to get your head around that as a darts player and not let it get into your game.

The PDC tour is elevating the game of those just outside the very best very quickly, so in the spot where Barney, Whitlock, Jenkins and likes used to be pretty much having a contest between 6-8 players outside of MVG, Taylor, Lewis, Anderson (and maybe Wright) you now have Michael Smith, Ian White, Robert Thornton, Dave Chisnall able to match the top 4-5 on their day maing tournaments harder and harder to win. You can see some guys haven't adjusted at all.

Throw in that ranked 30th in the world in the PDC Order of Merit is worth about 50k per year and it's hard to keep motivated.

This year there looks a clear 4 tiers in terms of quality:

MVG, Anderson, Taylor, Lewis, Wright
Wade, Chisnall, Thornton, Smith, Barney
Suljovic, White, Bunting, Jenkins, Whitlock (just)
Everybody else

There's a huge amount of players in that 3rd tier at the minute

EDIT: Taylor Vs Painter in next round, goody gumdrops

Baz
21-12-15, 10:03 AM
Barney vs Bunting should be a good un too.

Dermotron
21-12-15, 10:13 AM
It will be interesting anyhow. Bunting has tailed off a little since the Premier League but might be tuned up for this. He's another of those that still has a business/job outside of darts so he might have put more time into getting ready for the Worlds. The Worlds has 10k prize money for losing the first round so plenty of the players only get themselves geared up for this properly.

Baz
21-12-15, 10:41 AM
Indeed. Wasn't it Keegan Brown that said he still does his 9-5 job to keep him 'grounded' yet still practices as much as possible? You do have to wonder at what point do you need to concentrate solely on darts?

All did anyone catch Taylors rant the other night? I didn't yet i've read a fair bit about it being very un Taylor like.

Dermotron
21-12-15, 09:29 PM
Thornton 0-3 Norris :shocked:

Not so much that Norris won (when in rhythm very good) but that it was 3 zip

EDIT: yes Baz, Keegan Brown is a medical blood analyst on the Isle of Wight afaik

Baz
21-12-15, 10:02 PM
Caught the young Dutch lad bust 180 oh deary me what a mistake that was especially after checking the board to see what Barney was on, terrible mistake that was.

Norris made the BDO final the year Bunting won it so he is a good player but surprised to see Thornton loose in straight sets. Smith is looking in a bit of trouble in this one too.

Dermotron
21-12-15, 10:12 PM
I think Smith expected this guy to roll over and hide after winning the leg where de Zwaan had a chance of a 9 darter. Seems to be an arrogance lots of players have and take years to get over.

Baz
21-12-15, 10:32 PM
That opening 29 killed any chance de Zwaan had. Gutting for him really as he played pretty well. Wade against the qualifier should be routine enough I just wonder what James Wade will turn up.

Redknapp69
22-12-15, 01:33 AM
Is Lewis in still Top 5 - seems fucking awful when I see him play but I assume he's picked up some tour trophies/points?!

Dermotron
22-12-15, 08:56 AM
Ah he would be yeah. Seems to have lost the arrogance of old trying to be a crowd favourite, seems to have taken the edge off him a bit. Needs to find a way of recovering when he throws a bad leg, lets it get to him too much. Sets instead of legs should suit him more though

Vrkh
29-12-15, 02:57 AM
Interesting to see things develop into the Third Round - however one game of the Second Round still needs to be played. Lots of players seem to struggle on throwing the(ir) doubles. And yet there's a reasonable chance this World Championship will contain at least one nine-darter.

Vrkh
29-12-15, 03:29 PM
Nice game to finish the Second Round!

Goofy
29-12-15, 03:33 PM
Bout time Klassen stepped up, done fuck all for years now!

Vrkh
29-12-15, 03:37 PM
Bout time Klassen stepped up, done fuck all for years now!

Easy match for him tomorrow :whistle:

Goofy
29-12-15, 03:42 PM
If Taylor plays as crap as he played last night then Jelle will win!

Vrkh
29-12-15, 03:53 PM
That 'kid' Michael Smith is on fire, hitting those trebles!

Goofy
29-12-15, 04:42 PM
Just saw the Legion Of Doom in the crowd, quality :lol:

Redknapp69
30-12-15, 01:31 AM
MVG out! :eek: :shocked:

Tournament wide open now?

Wade with a chance? (His missus is banging!)

Chissy/Wright should be a good tussle?

Redknapp69
30-12-15, 01:31 AM
Guwon the Welsh 'Webby' as well!

Vrkh
30-12-15, 01:42 AM
Hell of a game between the two Dutch cannons indeed!

I even think Michael Smith has an unlikely chance and Gary Anderson was doing well tonight.

Goofy
30-12-15, 12:00 PM
Barney - MVG was a fuckin' awesome match!

Title's there for the taking now, think we might even see a new name on the trophy tbh, Smith, Chizzy, Wright + Wade all capable of winning it.

Baz
30-12-15, 05:07 PM
Problem is Smith, Chizzy & Wright are all in the same side of the draw haha. So far we have Barney vs Smith, Lewis plays the winner of Chisnall/Wright in the top half of the draw so that's going to be tough for whoever gets through from that side.

Bottom half we have Anderson vs Wade set then Norris/Webster vs Taylor/Klaasen. I'd fancy Webster over Norris due to his consistency however Taylor vs Klaasen is a pick 'em depending on Taylors form isn't it? It's really had to predict what the final will be but if you asked me at this moment i'd say Lewis vs Anderson.

Vrkh
30-12-15, 08:16 PM
Bring it on!!!

Vrkh
30-12-15, 09:32 PM
What a thriller to start with! Such a shame someone has to lose it...

Vrkh
30-12-15, 09:48 PM
That final set! I'm speechless...

Vrkh
31-12-15, 12:43 AM
Nicely done by Jelle!!! Great night of darts!

Redknapp69
31-12-15, 02:52 AM
Another "shock" - well done Jelle :clap:

Baz
31-12-15, 08:52 AM
So I make that in the top half:

Barney vs Smith
Lewis vs Wright

Bottom half:

Anderson vs Wade
Norris vs Klaasen

4 very tough match to call. The oddball is Norris vs Klaasen both can score but both can be horrid on their doubles so that's the one match that could cause most problems in predictions haha.

Redknapp69
31-12-15, 10:11 AM
You would think Anderson/Wade for a final spot

Baz
31-12-15, 09:26 PM
You would think Anderson/Wade for a final spot

Especially when it's first to 6 in the semi final I believe so you'd have to think the consistency would come through.

Interesting to see Barney say he thinks Taylor will call it a day within the next couple of years. Based on this years form I'd have to agree with him. I know he's having personal issues to deal with however at 55 years of age he must be finding it difficult to keep going.

Redknapp69
01-01-16, 03:25 AM
Wow - just saw Chissy v Wright deciding set

Brilliant stuff :clap:

Dermotron
01-01-16, 02:19 PM
Taylor losing with 100 avg

Chizzy losing with 102 avg

MVG losing with 105 avg

I've been solid at 70 lately and think I'mm flying it :lol:

The standard is unreal so far. These quarters will be awesome. 1 from Klaasen and Norris in the semi's makes it interesting too

Baz
01-01-16, 03:04 PM
Chuck shouldn't loose from 3-1 up now. I need 12 180's to go in during the rest of the match now grr.

Dermotron
01-01-16, 03:14 PM
Norris is making so many mistakes and making some incredible recoveries. 59, T19 D1. 81, 7, T12, D16. Busted 75 with 9 and D7 instead of single, still won the leg

Baz
01-01-16, 03:23 PM
Norris is making so many mistakes and making some incredible recoveries. 59, T19 D1. 81, 7, T12, D16. Busted 75 with 9 and D7 instead of single, still won the leg

He did that a bit against Webster too. Norris can score in purple patches, same as Klaasen can he can also go awol at times. As I type that he hits 6 perfect darts :lol:

Dermotron
01-01-16, 03:27 PM
Norris is in trouble, Klaasen on fire and Norris not making those recovery shots

Vrkh
01-01-16, 03:33 PM
Both players not as consistent as they'd probably wish for.

Dermotron
01-01-16, 03:33 PM
What you say about purple patches Baz :lol:

Baz
01-01-16, 03:35 PM
What you say about purple patches Baz :lol:

Just need the 4 180's now to get my bet in haha so let it going to a deciding set please.

Dermotron
01-01-16, 03:41 PM
Norris given you 2 more, on the wire for the 9 darter

Coys
01-01-16, 03:46 PM
Decider :D

Vrkh
01-01-16, 03:46 PM
Is this really happening?

Baz
01-01-16, 03:48 PM
Over 20.5 180's at evens nice double your money there for me haha.

Anderson vs Wade over 17.5 180's is 5/6 as well, surely that's free money?

Vrkh
01-01-16, 03:52 PM
Nice way to continue the tournament!!!

Dermotron
01-01-16, 03:53 PM
Wade doesn't hit huge amounts of 180's so you'd be heavily relying on Anderson

Shame for Norris to go out on such a bad set of darts, great debut though. Also great to see Klaasen finally hit the potential of 2006

Baz
01-01-16, 03:56 PM
Wade doesn't hit huge amounts of 180's so you'd be heavily relying on Anderson

Shame for Norris to go out on such a bad set of darts, great debut though. Also great to see Klaasen finally hit the potential of 2006

Probably so but it's worth the risk :) If the real James Wade turns up this match could go all the way too.

Baz
01-01-16, 04:34 PM
Maybe not worth the risk at this rate, Anderson is doing him easily so far :|

Dermotron
01-01-16, 04:39 PM
Wade is threading water. Gonna be 5-0 if he doesn't start playing

Baz
01-01-16, 04:49 PM
Wade really needed that one. He's doing pretty well when he gets to a double, if he can get some scores together he'll get closer. Need 12 180's for the bet to come in that won't be happening.

Baz
01-01-16, 09:12 PM
High quality match this, Barney is having some double trouble, wonder if we'll see the fighting spirit of the match against MVG or will he start shaking his head and loose all confidence?

Vrkh
01-01-16, 09:26 PM
After going up 3-0 Smith is playing like he already won it.

Baz
01-01-16, 09:27 PM
After going up 3-0 Smith is playing like he already won it.

He hasn't quite got the consistency to keep it going through straight sets at the moment, that'll come though Adie had the same problem for a fair few years. Glad Barney got that set it should be game on now.

Vrkh
01-01-16, 09:37 PM
Ninth set coming up?

Vrkh
01-01-16, 09:53 PM
Is RvB going to win 5 sets in a row then?

Baz
01-01-16, 09:56 PM
Smith looks lost now, shame really as he showed what he can do in those first three sets.

Vrkh
01-01-16, 10:04 PM
Let's go all the way! :fencing:

Vrkh
01-01-16, 10:12 PM
I really thought that 130-finish would be decisive.

Dermotron
01-01-16, 10:16 PM
Hunterlaar looks pleased

Vrkh
01-01-16, 10:16 PM
Unbelievable! What a tournament!!!

Baz
01-01-16, 10:27 PM
Smith must be kicking himself going for another treble 18 when a single would have left him a shot at the bull. He'll learn though. I get the feeling this next one may just go all the way too.

Dermotron
01-01-16, 10:56 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/126920-Simpsons-stop-stop-hes-already-7Shi.jpeg

Dermotron
01-01-16, 11:43 PM
Wright is some grinder in fairness to him, should be 3-3

Vrkh
01-01-16, 11:51 PM
Surely had his chances...

Redknapp69
01-01-16, 11:56 PM
What a day of darts!

Baz
02-01-16, 12:06 AM
What a day of darts!

Agree with that. It was a shame James Wade didn't really turn up. It's hard to choose between Barney & Lewis in the first semi final, however I fully expect Anderson to dispose of Klaasen. Should be high scoring galore in both games though.

Vrkh
02-01-16, 10:00 PM
Not really a match this one, so far.

Coys
02-01-16, 10:33 PM
No way Barney...

Surely not?

Na.

Vrkh
02-01-16, 10:46 PM
He's still alive!

Vrkh
02-01-16, 11:19 PM
Finally, a 9-dart-finish!!! :clap:

Vrkh
02-01-16, 11:53 PM
Anderson = beast

Highly impressive!

Dermotron
05-01-16, 11:25 AM
Great end to a great week. Had Lewis backed each way at 16-1 so happy enough with that I guess.

Barney done both players a fav as I think MVG would have beaten Lewis (could have been tight) but he'd have obliterated Anderson on his final form. MVG on top form and Anderson's form from the semi would have been some final. Anderson was majestic against Klaasen.

Goofy
16-01-16, 04:11 PM
Been drawn out 11th in the mens A at counties today ffs :(

Goofy
16-01-16, 07:40 PM
Won 4-3 :w00t:

Played fuckin terrible though, think both of us had gone above our beer limits :D

Fods
17-01-16, 04:06 AM
Nice one Goof, being 11th you'd have plenty of time for a few drinks.

I used to always play last at pool, by time it was my go I was wankered.. however always seemed to play better!

Goofy
17-01-16, 02:20 PM
Nice one Goof, being 11th you'd have plenty of time for a few drinks.

It's not so good at Counties though, up here in Scotland it's all played on the one day - Ladies B starts at 10.30am followed by Mens B then Ladies A then finally Mens A - by the time i got on stage last night it was well after 6pm so it's a long day to be waiting around and you can't just drink for 8 hours or so as you wouldn't be able to play worth a fuck :lol: Thankfully yesterday's game was at home so i didn't turn up until about 12.15 or so (was working in the morning til 11), away trips to Inverness and Aberdeen are a bastard though, you're on the bus at 7.30am or so then at the venue for 9.30/10am so you've really got to watch your drink intake if you want to play well! I probably had 7 or 8 pints before i played but they were well spaced out (think i was tired more than anything tbh)......... had plenty more afterwards though :D I won the 11th game to get it back to 6-5, unfortunately we lost the last game to lose 7-5 overall :(

Dermotron
18-01-16, 12:11 PM
Bought some new spears last week, Dennis Priestley's set. Got 23g but probably should have went for 25g. The contoured barrel meaning I'm already getting better consistency.

Really wanted these bad boys but at €75 hard to justify! http://www.target-darts.co.uk/steel-tip/cortex/azurri-cortex-cx2.html

Goofy
28-02-16, 01:08 AM
Was at a darts exhibition tonight with Adie Lewis, Keith Deller and this legend.....

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160227/8fbffd0a38923e889d7e09cf3d02bc29.jpg

Redknapp69
28-02-16, 11:20 PM
Have a throw against any of them?

Dermotron
04-03-16, 07:15 PM
Chizzy Vs Anderson in the 3rd round of the "FA Cup of Darts" the UK Open. Whitlock Vs Ian White, Michael Smith Vs Daryl Gurney and Wade v Mensur Suljovic the pick of the rest

Dermotron
05-03-16, 04:01 PM
MvG on 347. 177, 170

Next leg, 180, 180, T20, T19, D12

Crazy

Dermotron
05-03-16, 04:03 PM
Another 170 finish. That's 4 in 2 days, mother of god

Vrkh
19-05-16, 08:48 PM
This evening I've been mainly watching football - Dutch playoffs for both promotion/relegation and European football. Right now I might as well pay some attention to the Premier League of Darts Final.

Dermotron
19-05-16, 08:53 PM
Taylor Vs MVG, let's go

Dermotron
19-05-16, 09:28 PM
Cruise control from MVG

Dermotron
19-05-16, 09:32 PM
Double double top to go in 7-3 instead of 6-4. Machine

Vrkh
19-05-16, 09:46 PM
Things can look so easy sometimes...

316'sRegen
25-05-16, 01:12 PM
That Van Gerwin guy is amazing.
Don't really watch much but was up visiting with my mate for the final of this years premier lg.

To see Taylor get a hiding like that was a big surprise to me.

Goofy
25-05-16, 01:15 PM
Have a throw against any of them?

*belated reply*

Unfortunately no........ i am playing Terry Jenkins this sat though! Bully bully! :ok:

Redknapp69
26-05-16, 12:44 AM
Ah - the Bully - love him - cracking walk on he hsa doing hhis little bull impression :lol:

James Wade's bird - massively punching - she was a walk on girl as well

Taylor may have got tuned by MVG but for Taylor to still even be at the Top level given his age etc is just :hail:

MVG seems a brillaint down to earth bloke :ok:

Dermotron
30-05-16, 07:30 PM
Been pretty impressed with the production of the BDO World Trophy on Dave. The move away from the BBC could do it the world of good. The standard of the darts has been decent, well above the world championship. More pots like this will encourage more to stay. Or switch back. Interesting john Gwynne is commentating and that they have picked up the ITV4 crew who covered the PDC events. No 'dont mention the other crowd' bullshit either. Even got SIS horse racing commentator in :D

Dermotron
30-05-16, 10:30 PM
I jinxed them. The semi's werent great but the final has been tripe. Lack of live tv tourney experience and finals a big part though

Vrkh
24-07-16, 06:50 PM
Taylor was doing quite well yesterday. Might be a proper final tonight.

Dermotron
24-07-16, 07:58 PM
MvG wrecking the place, 10-4 already, 6 on the spin

Vrkh
24-07-16, 08:01 PM
Unfortunately Phil didn't show up at all...

Dermotron
24-07-16, 08:19 PM
Taylor is throwing to MvG's pace, never a good thing for anyone from MvG

Taylor trying to get the Thunder Clap going to put MvG off. Not going to work

Might fire Taylor up a bit

Vrkh
24-07-16, 08:31 PM
Five legs ahead and he only needs three to win the match. Should really be decided by now.

Dermotron
24-07-16, 08:40 PM
Don't know if MvG will maintain Taylor's longevity but don't think Taylor was at MvG's level at his best. He's a phenom.

Of course like any sport, hard to judge the best when they aren't at peak at the same time

Coys
24-07-16, 08:53 PM
Is it just me who finds Mardle extremely irritating and big headed

Vrkh
24-07-16, 08:58 PM
Don't know if MvG will maintain Taylor's longevity but don't think Taylor was at MvG's level at his best. He's a phenom.

Of course like any sport, hard to judge the best when they aren't at peak at the same time

I too think the level of competition nowadays is pretty high.

Vrkh
24-07-16, 09:00 PM
Is it just me who finds Mardle extremely irritating and big headed

I had Dutch commentary, so can't judge that...

Coys
24-07-16, 09:02 PM
Still think Taylor at his best has a slight edge on MVG

He wasn't hitting any doubles tonight's

London35
25-07-16, 04:04 PM
Phil Taylor called Michael van Gerwen 'the greatest' as the Dutchman beat Taylor 18-10 to retain his World Matchplay title in Blackpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/36879736

Dermotron
29-11-16, 12:04 PM
Eric Bristow sacked by Sky Sports - here's why https://twitter.com/ericbristow

Dermotron
29-11-16, 12:06 PM
Blah, all the 'good' tweets are gone

Redknapp69
29-11-16, 03:39 PM
yeah - saw them all last night - think he was on the sauce! :wacko:

Baz
29-11-16, 06:48 PM
Tough shit really, you put that kind of stuff out there in the public domain you're going to get punished for it.

Vrkh
15-12-16, 05:49 PM
Game on!

Dermotron
16-12-16, 09:52 AM
The Michael Smith Vs Ricky Evans game was insane, what a match :clap:

Ricky Evans threw a 180 in 2.16 seconds :lol: :dizzy:

Dermotron
19-12-16, 11:46 PM
This Cullen Vs Cadby game is an epic after 2 sets!

Vrkh
20-12-16, 12:08 AM
This Cullen Vs Cadby game is an epic after 2 sets!

The third one wasn't bad either!

Vrkh
23-12-16, 05:08 PM
Smith versus King :hail:

Dermotron
23-12-16, 05:18 PM
Some game.

Betting on Smith is a rollercoaster :lol:

Vrkh
23-12-16, 06:37 PM
Another great comeback without the final reward...

Vrkh
24-12-16, 10:56 AM
The first day of recess :frusty:

Vrkh
28-12-16, 02:04 AM
After that first set I was afraid Reyes forgot to turn up, but they both made a truly magnificent match out of it!!! :whoo:

Dermotron
29-12-16, 12:37 AM
If Reyes had one big run in a tournament it would give him the financial basis to play more tours, he could be awesome playing at a higher level more often

Vrkh
29-12-16, 01:47 AM
Exciting times at the big stage!

Baz
29-12-16, 09:19 AM
Adie/Barney was good last night. The amount of doubles Barney missed was crazy though :lol: A potential Barney/Taylor quarter final is interesting too. It's still tough to say who'll win this years tournament as none of them have looked unbeatable yet.