PDA

View Full Version : Boxing

316'sRegen
18-01-12, 12:54 PM
Will Khan retain his title from the American champ Lamont Peterson?

Is Ali really the greatest ever? Will they ever find someone to give the Klitshco's a fight?

Why does Tyson like the taste of ears? (and people's hearts and children if his press conferences are to be believed :D)

Have your say on the world of pro boxing...

Baz
04-03-12, 10:25 AM
Wlad got his 50th KO against Mormeck last night, there really is nothing left for the Klitschko brothers now, they may as well just retire and let someone else have some fun in the division. Fury will give neither man a match before anyone says it, and the rest, well they've either already been beaten or aren't good enough.

Still we have hope in other divisions in Ricky Burns, Nathan Cleverley, Kell Brook and a guy called Chris Eubank Jnr!

Patinoz
05-03-12, 02:07 PM
this fight was an absolute farce. he could have knocked him out in the first round if he wanted to. i have absolutely no idea what mormeck tried to achieve and why they have picked him.

vitali - haye fight still not off the table yet though.

AMC
05-03-12, 02:26 PM
Mormeck was a mandatory challenger though weren't he? So he had to face him no matter how out his depth Mormeck was.

ZanSnake
14-07-12, 06:44 PM
David Haye vs. Derek Chisora stream links from 7:
http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/130524/1/watch-dereck-chisora-vs-david-haye.html

Coys
14-07-12, 06:56 PM
Haye promises to knock him out. I'll believe that when i see it.

Redknapp69
14-07-12, 11:25 PM
Believe it now Coys?!

Coys
14-07-12, 11:28 PM
He didn't knock him out

Redknapp69
15-07-12, 12:09 AM
He would have if it carried on. Not too often you get actual KO's these days (not reaching 10 count) as ref always stops the fight

Coys
15-07-12, 12:44 AM
So he didn't knock him out.

swedishcmgod
15-07-12, 12:57 AM
He would have if it carried on. Not too often you get actual KO's these days (not reaching 10 count) as ref always stops the fight

KO's are pretty rare nowadays, yes :(

Coys
15-07-12, 01:01 AM
When David Haye said he was going to knock him out, i'm pretty sure he didnt mean it in a "He will get back up but the ref will stop it" sort of way. My post was relating to a real KO.

Baz
15-07-12, 08:01 AM
Khan got battered too. Though to be fair to Khan i've no idea how he managed to get up at the end of the third, that was some shot he got caught with.

Redknapp69
15-07-12, 11:41 AM
Khan is tactically inept. Has the skills and pace but gets caught up in slugfests when he doesn't need to.
He cost me and AMC a few quid as well :(

BeezerCeltic1967
23-09-12, 12:33 AM
take a bow son :ok:

sent him homeward to think again :lol:

Goofy
23-09-12, 09:04 AM
take a bow son :ok:

sent him homeward to think again :lol:

Yep, brilliant performance, certainly didn't envisage a stoppage :tup: Gotta be top 10 pound for pound in the world now surely! Hopefully get a unification fight in December then move up to 10 stone....... lot of big fights to be had there :)

BeezerCeltic1967
23-09-12, 09:06 AM
Hope he get's Khan and destroys him as well :ok:

Goofy
23-09-12, 09:57 AM
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/boxing/news/former-world-champion-shot-dead_46579.html

Former heavyweight champion of the world Corrie Sanders has been shot dead in a robbery in South Africa.

Sanders, 46, is said to have been shot in the stomach when three men stormed the Thatch Haven Country Lodge near Brits outside Pretoria.

He was rushed to Kalafong Hospital where doctors were unable to save his life.

Sanders became the WBO heavyweight champion in 2003 by defeating Wladimir Klitschko with a second-round knock out, a victory that is considered one of the biggest upsets in recent boxing history.

Dermotron
15-01-13, 03:21 PM
:tsk:

Steve Collins to get back into the ring to fight Roy Jones Jnr at age 48

In much less welcome news than Froch/Kessler II, former world champ Steve Collins has today announced he is getting back in the ring, and he will fight Roy Jones Jnr.

Sometimes news breaks that baffles you and the breaking story that Steve Collins (48) is getting back in the ring after 14 years is just one of those. After some very vague rumours last month it now seems a very unlikely comback is on.

The former WBO middleweight and super middleweight champion, who last fought in 1997 and who retired two years later, told Richard Keys and Andy Gray on talkSPORT today that he has a fight lined up with one of the all-time greats, American Roy Jones Jnr.

“It’s not a comeback as such, at my age I’m too old for that, but it will be the end of a 15-year grudge.

“It’s a fight Roy Jones needs. He claims to be one of the greatest pound-for-pound fighters around but he refused to fight me.

“I was very happy with my career, but the one fight I wanted was Roy Jones, and when that didn’t happen I retired. To me he was afraid of me. I don’t think he’s a coward, but at the time he was!

“But now it’s happening. I spoke to Roy and we’re going to get it on. He wants one more fight before he retires and this is the one he wants. If we get a good offer we’ll split it down the middle and get it on.”

At one time Jones, now 43, was considered the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. Now, after drifting up from middleweight to heavyweight he has lost three of his last five bouts, including one to a man that turns 48 today, Bernard Hopkins.

As for when this bout would take place, it sounds like sooner rather than later.

“I would like 10-12 weeks to get ready,” said Collins. “In my mind I already see how that fight goes and I can see the outcome. I feel like I’ve never been away. I’m looking forward to it.

“This is still a match. We’re the same generation. I wouldn’t even consider fighting as guy 15 or 20 years younger than me, because that’s not a match. But we’re the same age and this is affair match. It won’t be any different to how it would have been 15 years ago.”

And as for a venue?

“I’d love the fight to be in the UK but there is interest from Dubai, Russia, China," said Collins. "Dubai looks the favourite, but we’ll have to see where the offers come from.

“Hopefully we’ll get an offer that’s suitable for us both and we get it on. It will give all old-timers some hopes!

There has been no response from Jones as yet.

AMC
15-01-13, 07:25 PM
Both should call it quits, apparently Sugar Shane Mosely is coming out of retirement to take on Malinaggi too.

Some great matches in the pipeline, Kessler v Froch II being announced today :ok:

Baz
15-01-13, 07:45 PM
Hope they got the zimmers ready! Also surely the boxing authorities wouldn't sanction a fight between these two considering how long Collins has been out of the game?

As for Froch/Kessler it'll be a cracker. Surely the winner would go on to face Andre.

Goofy
15-01-13, 09:18 PM
Also surely the boxing authorities wouldn't sanction a fight between these two considering how long Collins has been out of the game?

Probably a good reason why he says Dubai is a likely venue, be a lot harder for him to get a licence here or in the US. Stupid move though, Collins has nothing to prove plus he's been out of the ring faaaaaar too long! Jones has gone on far too long too........ should have quit 5 or 6 years ago at the top!

Baz
15-01-13, 09:41 PM
Are they going to fight with Luxembourg licences like Haye vs Chisora then :lol:

Dermotron
15-01-13, 09:45 PM
And people wonder why boxing has loads of old guys still with somewhat of a pull, what a fucking shambles :lol:

ebfatz
27-04-13, 09:56 PM
Fraudly Harrison :pound:

TKO within 70 seconds.

Give it up son! :yield:

Baz
07-07-13, 09:55 AM
David Price stopped twice in 5 months by a 41 year old :lol: would have been a waste of time for him to fight Fury.

Redknapp69
07-07-13, 05:59 PM
Thought he looked a good prospect as well :(

Bevchenko
31-05-14, 11:42 PM
Goodnight George Groves

Redknapp69
01-06-14, 02:16 AM
decent fight!

ebfatz
01-06-14, 01:08 PM
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10437497_670091666380020_7369158438740851586_n.png

Bevchenko
22-07-14, 06:41 AM
Chisora v Fury is off, Chisora broken hand...

Fourfourtwo
22-07-14, 08:38 AM
Fury must be getting fed up of this - first Haye, now Chisora. Not much you can do about it, but his last proper fight was Cunningham in April 2013 - that's a long time to just train and wait...

BeezerCeltic1967
06-09-14, 09:37 PM
you want to find some info on the boxing tonight,
and here is the thread, 4 pages back in the pub. farce.

get it back to how it used to be.

Redknapp69
06-09-14, 10:40 PM
Still would have been 4 pages back as you only mentioned boxing tonight!

BeezerCeltic1967
06-09-14, 10:43 PM
that's ok then eh.

Redknapp69
06-09-14, 11:41 PM
Frampton :hail:

What a great fight he did there :first:

BeezerCeltic1967
06-09-14, 11:42 PM
well done the jackal :ok:

great performance, and a great fighter :ok:

legend in the making.

Fourfourtwo
07-09-14, 03:44 PM
Think Quigg would push him though... if they can make the fight.

Maybe on the same bill as Brook / Khan next year. I would empty out the change jar for that double bill...

MrFoo
10-09-14, 02:08 PM
Anyone bothering with the shit happening this Sat night (Sun morning)

Fourfourtwo
10-09-14, 07:53 PM
Yep. Mayweather shutout IMO. Check out how he dealt with Castillo in their rematch. First fight was close. Mayweather had him all sussed out by the second. What do you think?

MrFoo
10-09-14, 08:52 PM
Yep, Mayweather is gonna fight the potshot fight, he will just counter his ass all night, prob spending less time on the ropes this time.

I think the only reason Mayweather wanted the rematch is so he can embarrass him, as he failed in the first match to.

Fourfourtwo
10-09-14, 10:08 PM
Agreed. It'll look easy. Looking forward to seeing Joshua this weekend though - Airich is a decent step up for him.

BeezerCeltic1967
14-09-14, 01:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IM57JIKelk0

BeezerCeltic1967
14-09-14, 01:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eFSs5UlKfy4

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S9GqEtmzPtw

BeezerCeltic1967
14-09-14, 01:17 AM
just to whet the appetite ahead of the fight :ok:

and it might keep you all awake.

BeezerCeltic1967
14-09-14, 01:56 AM
streams are a joke,

time is this sham meant to start? and a decent like would be much appreciated as well.

cheers

wato20
16-09-14, 03:47 PM
I got up at 6am with my young kid. and put a stream on, but the fight had finished.
So downloaded it from Pirate bay and watched it.

Mayweather was too good, but he didn't look his usual best. Having watched Maidana lose to Kotelnik, Khan and Alexander I thought Mayweather would easily out box him in both fights, but Mayweather looked scrappy again.
But it was defo Mayweathers fight. Maidana didn't get close this time.

Redknapp69
27-09-14, 11:31 PM
Joke of a decision against Paul Smith Jnr

Fourfourtwo
28-09-14, 07:39 PM
Agreed. Close fight. Smith edged it for me. But never leave it to the judges in Germany...

Redknapp69
29-09-14, 02:44 AM
Could have gone either way depending on what judges look for but for 1 judge to give a 119-109 was fucking scandalous

Redknapp69
22-10-14, 02:01 AM
http://youtu.be/wjjKnjFZcww

wato20
22-10-14, 09:38 AM
Mental.

And when I saw a post in the boxing thread, I thought it would be discussing the greatness of GGG.

What a fighter that lad is.

Gennedy Golovkin.....

Redknapp69
23-11-14, 02:14 AM
Fuck knows what Cleverley tactics were tonight :(

Bevchenko
23-11-14, 09:12 AM
Worst fight I've seen in a long time!!

Anthony Joshua though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redknapp69
23-11-14, 10:40 AM
Joshua looks class but he's been up against chumps so far. Will be interesting to see how he does against someone that makes him work mentally as well as physically

Yeah - hype of Clev fight made it a poor affair

Good job AJ and DeGale had early KO's otherwise a long fight for a long bill

Redknapp69
14-12-14, 12:45 PM
Not watched Khan fight yet but fair play - sounds like he won easily over there

Gunning for a shot at Floyd now as he may only do a few more fights

Goofy
14-12-14, 05:34 PM
Not watched Khan fight yet but fair play - sounds like he won easily over there

Gunning for a shot at Floyd now as he may only do a few more fights

Watched it this morning, total class display from Khan, his jab's a real weapon these days and his hand speed is second to none! Really hope he gets a shot at Mayweather now as i truly believe he has the speed to beat Floyd to the punch over and over again!

Bevchenko
21-02-15, 01:39 AM
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!

http://cdn.breathecast.com/data/images/full/21400/floyd-mayweather-jr-and-manny-pacquiao.jpg

Shame it's 5yrs too late....

COME ON MONEY!!

Fods
03-05-15, 02:52 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/02/769472d96f9a0f74864e0f3a01397f16.jpg

info0
03-05-15, 08:56 AM
Won he who should have won. Glad I didn't watch that farce (according to many), how can a guy who run away win, without even hitting ONCE? Pac was attacking throughout whole spectacle, Mayweather was even booed out by crowd :lol:. How is it fair result? It's all about MONEY and bets.

120mln $ goes to Floyd 80 mln $ to Pacman. Everyone is happy, I guess. ;)

Wondering when the talks about revenge will begin...

Dermotron
03-05-15, 01:11 PM
Mayweather had by far the more cleaner punches, even though the actually number of clean punches was about 9 to 4. The punches landed count is a bit misleading but all the stats were heavily in favour of Mayweather

Stats
Punches thrown
Punches Landed
Jabs thrown
Jabs landed
Mayweather
Pacquiao

It was fairly boring for the spectators but Mayweather got the job done by making use of his reach and height advantage and rarely let Pacquiao near him. Even when he did it was to get a breather and let Pacquiao use up some more energy. Mayweather has always been a counter puncher and he was never going to fighter Pacquiao any other way. He was never going to stand there and go toe to toe like Hearns Vs Hagler.

The biggest problem was the hype of the fight that was in truth 4 or 5 years past it's sell by date. Was never going to be able to live up to it unless Pacquiao knocked Mayweather out, it was the only result that could have matched the hype, everything else was going to be a disappointment imo.

Craig Forrest
03-05-15, 02:18 PM
One fighter showed up to win, one fighter showed up not to lose

Floyd won't want a rematch. He wants to retire undefeated and he'll feel he won so why bother fighting again.

ebfatz
03-05-15, 02:55 PM
So I've heard Mayweather will fight again in September then retire.
That will take him to 49-0-0.
Surely he'll fight once more after to overtake Rocky Marcianos record?

Cam F
03-05-15, 04:13 PM
Boring fight, reminded me of Haye v klitchko where Haye ran away the whole fight.

Mayweather did the same except it was a master class of defensive counter attack boxing. Not good to watch but can admire his skill and he was exceptional at it.

Love Pacman but he isn't the same fighter of 5 years ago and couldn't get near him.

Wasted £20 and wish I hadn't bother to get up for it.

Craig Forrest
03-05-15, 04:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zvfolTs.gif

wato20
05-05-15, 01:16 PM
I enjoyed every minute of the fight.

I'm a boxing purist. It was an exceptional performance by Mayweather. Not sure how Manny thought he won it.

Mayweather is saying one more fight as he has 1 more on his Showtime contract.

And it will generate more publicity and money if it is said to be his "last fight"...

But then he will fight next May as well to make it 50-0 and sell the rights for the one fight to the highest bidder...

Craig Forrest
05-05-15, 03:03 PM
It was a masterclass in defensive boxing and counter-punching by Mayweather :ok:

However, he has no interest in entertaining the fans and only wanted to do the absolute bare minimum to win and collect his money and keep his undefeated streak intact. A match like that does absolutely nothing to help rescue boxing from the depths it is slipping to. People want entertainment so they would rather watch MMA. An entertaining fight would have helped bring the profile of boxing back up but unfortunately this does exactly the opposite.

But Floyd doesn't care. He made a shit load of cash and he stayed undefeated. He'll be retiring soon so why would it bother him if boxing is slipping away... he won't be around.

and while 48-0 might be a good record, I await the day he breaks Julio Cesar Chavez's 87-0 streak. Plus Chavez had an iron jaw and would actually fight, rather than dodge and weave and score with some jabs.... I'd watch him any day of the week over someone like Mayweather

Redknapp69
27-03-16, 12:02 AM
Eubank v Blackwel was a hum dinger tonight - tough nut that Blackwell!

Kell Brook wins again - he needs a big name fight

Fourfourtwo
27-03-16, 08:10 AM
Yep. Like how Eubank rolls his shoulder. Good uppercut too. Suspect he'd lose to Billy Joe 9 in 10 times though.

Hope Blackwell is ok. Showed a lot of guts.

Kell's career is so frustrating - like Calzaghe who was a world champ for ages before the big fights started to arrive. Bradley or Garcia next would be a good step...

Mark
28-03-16, 12:36 PM
Watched this one too after the England game. Surprised the guy never went down, felt a bit of an anti-climax when the referee called it off :lol:

Coys
28-03-16, 01:27 PM
Blackwell is from my town Trowbridge. From what I'm reading over Facebook there are encouraging signs and there is already a welcome home event being planned so fingers crossed he pulls through!

Mark
29-03-16, 01:01 PM
Just caught up on the news, never knew the man was now in an induced coma! Hopefully he pulls through.

Pisani
14-07-16, 08:44 AM
Charlie Zelenoff is the GOAT !

316'sRegen
31-07-16, 12:13 PM
Go on the wee Jackal!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36935110

This guy is a national hero.

London35
31-07-16, 01:16 PM
owed him....stayed up last night to watch it....the clown is already asking for a rematch and already whinging....

Frampton won in style!!

Pisani
01-08-16, 10:58 AM
Dunno why, but I'm really fascinated by this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ORh_ab3HRw

London35
01-08-16, 11:28 AM
what a fucking Loon....Deontay Wilder spanked him though!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK22F4DGAL8

wato20
06-09-16, 09:37 AM
Looking forward to the Kell Brook fight V GGG this weekend.

Does he stand any chance though?
Moving up two weight divisions.
Khan did that V Canelo and looked good for 6 rounds, using his speed and movement but then got caught and it was goodnight.

I think Brook is naturally heavier than Khan and so the step up won't be as big a change, but he is facing the Best pound for pound fighter.
If he can make it to the end of the fight, he has done immense.
Come on Brook. But I can't see it!

Thoughts?

Redknapp69
06-09-16, 10:26 AM
Heavier than GGG as well isn't he

Is a helluva ask though by the sounds of it - as it's a different division he keeps his other "belt" doesn't he if her were to lose?

AMC
06-09-16, 10:32 AM
Yeah his Welterweight belt isn't on the line.

He looks good for the weight but like Kahn against Alvarez, I can only see it one way.

Should finally lead to Kahn v Brook though, probably at 154, as I think after this fight it'll be hard for Brook to get back to 147.

faz44
06-09-16, 01:04 PM
If Brook can go up nearly a stone and beat Triple G, he's the best boxer in the world. I know the Ring like Roman Gonzalez and Sergey Kovalev, Boxrec favour Canelo, I think the AP favour GGG but how could Brook not be number 1 if he wins?

AMC
06-09-16, 01:54 PM
Good point, hard to say he's not if he can go up two divisions and beat someone like GGG.

Even for his inactivity the last few years, I still reckon Ward is P4P best, but he needs the Kovalev fight soon.

faz44
06-09-16, 08:42 PM
Isn't it coming in November? I can't think of anybody with a claim to clear out a division like Andre Ward had at super middleweight. I haven't seen his LHW fights. Is he genuine at the weight?

Topofthekop
07-09-16, 09:52 PM
GGG to win between rounds 7 and final bell 6/4.. And over 7.5 rounds is EVS.

Only one winner in my eyes. GGG should win this via knockout in one of the latter rounds which is why money is going on those bets above.

AMC
07-09-16, 09:55 PM
Not a bad bet, I fancy it to end around then too.

Not seen much of Ward at LH, saw his fight against Paul Smith, but as expected that weren't much of a contest even with his inactivity. Can't see the weight being an issue for him though.

Topofthekop
30-09-16, 06:27 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, who pulled out of an Oct. 29 rematch with Wladimir Klitschko last week due to what his promoter termed as Fury being "medically unfit," was notified that he failed a VADA-conducted test for cocaine in a random urine sample collected on Sept. 22, multiple sources with knowledge of the test results told ESPN.com. The results of VADA's testing for performance enhancing drugs are not yet complete, but the positive cocaine test likely will result in Fury being stripped of his world title belts.

Fods
30-04-17, 02:35 AM
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18199099_1428906630517913_5464817597177690907_n.jp g?oh=ce6691d8b402c9bc0b437ace6fa48b6c&oe=59778DDC

Dermotron
30-04-17, 12:04 PM
They both good as knocked each out in the 5th and 6th rounds, hardy badgers

Baz
30-04-17, 12:26 PM
Very entertaining fight. Wlad will be kicking himself that he didn't kill off AJ in the 6th when he should have. I reckon we'll see a rematch as there's no way Fury will be ready in 4/5 months for a fight with AJ.

I would love to see AJ vs Wilder though. I think Wilder would have too much power for AJ, but it would be class to see someone with awesome power too taking it to Wilder.

Mark
01-05-17, 01:43 PM
I was there :) A group of us have pretty much followed AJ's fights over the last few years and pledged to get tickets once the announcement was made after the Molina fight.

Had a cracker of a day out. There's always a worry that a fight will end early but not this one, two warriors in the ring that went toe to toe. Atmosphere was amazing and it was brilliant to tick off a live boxing fight like that off the bucket list.

Seems like it could be Fury next imo - Then Wlad may go for the rematch.

Dermotron
01-05-17, 02:12 PM
I think Wilder will be probably a couple of fights time. Bum fight, Klitschko II/Parker, Fury then Wilder as a Super/Century fight. Then a rematch of that fight of course. Dillian Whyte probably more deserving of a fight than Fury. Under rated fighter

colml
01-05-17, 02:46 PM
What kind of shape is Fury in these days? Seemed like he went off the rails a bit for a while there.

Baz
01-05-17, 03:02 PM
What kind of shape is Fury in these days? Seemed like he went off the rails a bit for a while there.

So ages off for me. He looks in better shape that a few months back but is probably still 3/4 stone over fighting weight.

wato20
17-05-17, 12:45 PM
http://oi64.tinypic.com/9r1ssy.jpg

Dermotron
03-07-17, 11:59 AM
Didn't see the Pacquiao Vs. Horn fight but was the judging as bad a made out? The numbers from the fight don't look (Pacquiao miles ahead) good yet one judge had it 117-111

Mark
03-07-17, 12:00 PM
Missed it too - Was tempted to stay up but not at 4am :lol:

AMC
03-07-17, 12:05 PM
Going to watch it tonight, but the compubox numbers are a joke, it's just one guy judging what's a hit and what's not, apparently they had Manny throwing 20 more punches in the first round but that was nowhere near the case.

117-111 was a ridiculous score, but it was a close fight apparently and quite a few boxers had Horn winning it, the US commentary was very one sided in favour of Pacquiao, the UK one apparently more even.

Redknapp69
03-07-17, 12:19 PM
Didn't see it but sounded mad

I wathed the UK Fight night with Conor Been looking impressive and then a good tear up for the "headline" fight

Joshua Buatsi (AJ's his manager!) also looked pretty compact as well for first pro fight

wato20
22-08-17, 03:58 PM
Anyone watching the Mayweather V McGregor fight this weekend?

Predictions?

I know it is a freak show.
But I will be watching.

I cant decide if Mayweather will stop him early.
Or be boring and do him on points.

I'll go for a 6th round Stoppage win for Mayweather.

Fourfourtwo
22-08-17, 06:49 PM
For what it's worth...

Mayweather to box rings around him - that's a given.

He hasn't stopped anyone for ages (Hatton?) so wouldn't be surprised to see it go to 12. More likely the referee intervenes circa round 8/9.

Will be listening to Mike Costello calling it. The man's a master.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

AMC
22-08-17, 08:06 PM
He's stopped Ortiz since Hatton.

It goes as long as Floyd wants it to go, but I'm sure he wants the KO this time.

Fourfourtwo
22-08-17, 08:13 PM
He's stopped Ortiz since Hatton.

It goes as long as Floyd wants it to go, but I'm sure he wants the KO this time.Ah yes, I stand corrected on that. And am sure you're right - he needs a KO to really claim victory...

Redknapp69
22-08-17, 08:34 PM
Be hilarious if Conor sparks him out!

AJ
22-08-17, 08:58 PM
I hope soooo much McGregor will punch his lights out. Aldo-style.

Pisani
22-08-17, 09:10 PM
My money on Mac ... 4th round

Mark
23-08-17, 11:12 AM
Head says Floyd will win it in the early rounds. Isn't it on in the early hours of the morning?

AMC
23-08-17, 11:18 AM
Yeah Vegas so looking about 4 or 5 Sunday Morning.

Mark
23-08-17, 01:35 PM
Doubt I'll be staying up then :lol:

AMC
23-08-17, 01:38 PM
Don't, get up early instead :D

Redknapp69
23-08-17, 02:55 PM
I completely forgot about that! - Might not order it then and stay up/get up early!

Mark
23-08-17, 04:00 PM
Don't, get up early instead :D

True although my Sunday league season kicks off on Sunday morning :D

Fourfourtwo
27-08-17, 10:27 AM
Who saw it then? I only listened, so interested in what people thought of Conor's boxing... better than expected?

info0
27-08-17, 10:29 AM
Nope. Floyd could have knocked Connor out in 1st round if he tried, but ya know, no sponsorship money then. If the fight ended too quick money would have been lower (no ads revenue - and Ads in USA are quite a holy grail in sports).
So Floyd played around. He dragged the fight till 10th round. Normally it would have ended in max 3 rounds if Floyd was serious... :P
Connor should go back to UFC. Give up with boxing :lol:.

Fourfourtwo
27-08-17, 10:51 AM
[/QUOTE]
Connor should go back to UFC. Give up with boxing [emoji38].[/QUOTE]

No grudge match with Pauli Malignaggi then?!

Craig Forrest
27-08-17, 05:07 PM
It was a good fight.... Conor's only hope was to knock out Mayweather in the first 2 rounds and he came out hard.... landed some good shots.... won the first 2 rounds.... but then he started to get tired and Mayweather started to pick his spots, hammer away at the body shots to tire him even more, and by the 10th, Conor was out of gas and his punches had no power

Mayweather deserved to win.... McGregor showed a lots of guts and skill for getting into the ring with that kind of boxer having never boxed professionally before... hats off to him :ok:

Dermotron
28-08-17, 09:14 AM
He done pretty well and I think Mayweather was genuinely perplexed at his style early on. Had Conor been the same height that uppercut in round 1 (or was it 2) was a knockout punch.

He suffered the same issue he had with the first Diaz bout, too much of weight change to make the fight. His arms were gone from round 6 and Mayweather was definitely dragging the fight out a bit from then on.

Craig Forrest
28-08-17, 01:51 PM
Plus having the stamina to stay on your feet for 12 - 3 minute rounds while moving and throwing (and taking) punches is a lot different than the type of cardio needed for MMA..... Mayweather knew how to do it, Conor didn't.... but he could learn and he'd be way more dangerous

Mark
29-08-17, 12:13 PM
Conor sure did come out fighting to begin with. Perhaps too much too soon as he tired as it went on. Anyone notice the amount of times he grabbed Floyd from behind for some jabs to the back of his head? UFC coming out in him there!

Was worth staying up for but annoyed it didn't end sooner, I had Floyd to win in rounds 4-6 :D

AMC
29-08-17, 12:19 PM
I had the same bet Mark, Mayweather was never in any danger, he may have been a bit perplexed with McGregor's unorthodox/awkward style to begin with, but as usual he took a few rounds to suss his opponent out, and from the half way point he started to really take over.

McGregor's biggest chance was to take him out early, but I don't think that excuses how gassed he was after about 5 rounds, his shots had no sting after that which allowed Mayweather to come forward more than he usually does and eventually finish him off.

Apparently Mayweather hadn't sparred in training since mid July either due to his brittle hands.

Anyway, just over two weeks till GGG v Canelo in a proper fight, can't wait for that one!

Redknapp69
29-08-17, 12:22 PM
Aye - that'll be a beauty

Boxnation? If so may need to stream it. Is it Vegas again?

Fourfourtwo
29-08-17, 12:25 PM
Anyway, just over two weeks till GGG v Canelo in a proper fight, can't wait for that one!

I second that. A real 50/50 that one. I think I just about lean to Alvarez on points...

AMC
29-08-17, 12:28 PM
Yeah the T Mobile Arena in Vegas like the Mayweather fight, looks like that's replaced the MGM as the place to go now due to the bigger capacity.

Unfortunately it is on Boxnation so will be another streaming job for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I second that. A real 50/50 that one. I think I just about lean to Alvarez on points...

I keep going backwards and forwards on it, will probably change my mind another 10 times before the fight too.

Fourfourtwo
29-08-17, 12:31 PM
It's Golovkin's age and his performance in the Jacobs fight that is pushing me that way. But little to choose...

Mark
29-08-17, 01:24 PM
Has Joshua's next fight been confirmed as Pulev now that the Klitschko rematch was ruled out?

AMC
29-08-17, 02:00 PM
Yeah mate, Pulev on the 28th Oct in Cardiff.

Mark
29-08-17, 02:58 PM
That'll probably be the next fight I'll watch then!

Topofthekop
29-08-17, 08:23 PM
GGG all the way for me

AMC
29-08-17, 09:10 PM
Last year I'd probably have said the same, but the Jacobs fight has put doubts in my mind.

Fourfourtwo
19-09-17, 08:35 AM
So Golovkin won that right? By 2 rounds probably?

ebfatz
19-09-17, 09:01 AM
Rio Ferdinand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/18/rio-ferdinand-become-professional-boxer-age-38/

Interesting career change!

Mark
19-09-17, 09:06 AM
Hmm, not sure how that will go. Good luck to the lad but surely not the best career decision to make for his children as well after what happened to their mum?!

wato20
19-09-17, 02:08 PM
GGG - Alvarez.
What was that Woman judge doing. 118-110.

Which fight did she watch?
Was she paid?

It was never in a million years 118-110 to Canelo.

I was going 118-112 to GGG.

Disgrace.

Rant over.

Fourfourtwo
19-09-17, 02:52 PM
GGG - Alvarez.
What was that Woman judge doing. 118-110.

Which fight did she watch?
Was she paid?

It was never in a million years 118-110 to Canelo.

I was going 118-112 to GGG.

Disgrace.

Rant over.

Agreed - though not sure it was as wide as 118-112. Thought Canelo had the first couple of rounds and the last two as well. I worry for GGG though. Eight months waiting for a rematch of a fight you know you won (assuming 5 May) - who knows what that that'll do for his motivation. And he's 35 already. And Canelo has more time to grow into middleweight...

wato20
20-09-17, 10:34 AM
I thought Canelo took 2 of the first 3. and then one drawn round, maybe 5th or 6th.
GGG had him. I think it is irrelevant if Alvarez grows more into middleweight, GGG is the better man.
If there is a rematch, I think GGG will stop him next time.

renhan
29-07-18, 12:07 PM
i like boxing

Mark
30-07-18, 11:06 AM
Enjoyed fight night on Saturday. Wasn't planning on watching it but was fairly decent. Saw Taylor win first, then Takam get knocked down twice despite dominating and then the Dillian Whyte fight went the distance. Had expected Whyte to win though.

evesham
30-07-18, 03:23 PM
yeah 2 decent fights but putting it on PPV is a joke

Redknapp69
30-07-18, 10:06 PM
2 belters of fights - best I've seen in a LONG time

Redknapp69
19-08-18, 09:23 PM
Decent watch last night of Fury and Frampton

Fury v Wilder should be a belter later this year :ok:

Fourfourtwo
21-08-18, 07:35 AM
Decent watch last night of Fury and Frampton

Fury v Wilder should be a belter later this year :ok:Fury/Wilder should be good. A real clash of styles. Would've rather seen Fury get another tune-up in first but his feet and handspeed looked good. He'll either get KO'd or win on points.

Frampton/Warrington will be a belter too.

AMC
21-08-18, 12:38 PM
Still too early for Fury in his comeback to take the Wilder fight for me, he's the superior boxer no doubt about it but he should have been looking at another 2-3 fights before taking on someone like Wilder, as said above it'll either be Wilder KO or Fury points and even though I'd take Fury over any heavyweight (including AJ) I think this has come too early and Wilder will win by KO, his power and finishing skills are outstanding.

I'll take Frampton over Warrington as well, should be a good fight in the early exchanges but Frampton is the classier operator and fought at a higher level.

Not long till GGG - Canelo 2 now either.

Redknapp69
21-08-18, 09:52 PM
Can't disagree there AMC

Bevchenko
24-09-18, 12:55 AM
Anyone seen the latest wind up video from Fury?Would he jab AJ to death? Will they ever fight.

Fourfourtwo
24-09-18, 06:05 AM
Anyone seen the latest wind up video from Fury?Would he jab AJ to death? Will they ever fight.If Fury beats Deontay the fight probably gets made (big if though).

The Fury who beat Wlad could potentially dance around AJ for 12. It'd be an incredible story if he did. But the Fury who got knocked down by Steve Cunningham wouldn't last too long. We'll see what's left of him.

Redknapp69
24-09-18, 09:27 AM
Anyone seen the latest wind up video from Fury?Would he jab AJ to death? Will they ever fight.

AJ ducking him well!

Think Wilder too risky for AJ at the mo - take Whyte again Iíd say but he wants to unify badly for sure!

Redknapp69
24-09-18, 09:28 AM
If Fury beats Deontay the fight probably gets made (big if though).

The Fury who beat Wlad could potentially dance around AJ for 12. It'd be an incredible story if he did. But the Fury who got knocked down by Steve Cunningham wouldn't last too long. We'll see what's left of him.

Would deffo like to see it happen but Iím just as intrigued by Fury/Wilder (is it confirmed?!)

Mark
24-09-18, 10:19 AM
Can't see how AJ is ducking Fury? The guys a clown and hadn't even fought again properly until a few months ago. He needs to work his way back up to the top if he wants to be serious about fighting AJ for the title.

That's why taking Wilder on will be interesting but I feel it'll be a bit of a joke fight.

AJ has a slot free to fight at Wembley again in March. It should have been Wilder really but given he's now preparing for the Fury fight, I do think it'll be Whyte again.

Another good day out at Wembley btw, went to watch it again and stayed in London this time. Freezing though :lol:

Fourfourtwo
24-09-18, 10:49 AM
Would deffo like to see it happen but Iím just as intrigued by Fury/Wilder (is it confirmed?!)Date confirmed as 1 Dec but no venue yet

Redknapp69
24-09-18, 11:10 AM
Can't see how AJ is ducking Fury? The guys a clown and hadn't even fought again properly until a few months ago. He needs to work his way back up to the top if he wants to be serious about fighting AJ for the title.

That's why taking Wilder on will be interesting but I feel it'll be a bit of a joke fight.

AJ has a slot free to fight at Wembley again in March. It should have been Wilder really but given he's now preparing for the Fury fight, I do think it'll be Whyte again.

Another good day out at Wembley btw, went to watch it again and stayed in London this time. Freezing though :lol:

If Fury beats Wilder then that's who he'll need to face

Mark
24-09-18, 11:29 AM
True but am sure they'll have announced the next fight for AJ before that Fury v Wilder fight? Only 3 months away though, I suppose.

It also comes down to whether AJ has to fight for his belts before then. Doesn't he only get so much time before he has to accept a mandatory challenger?

AJ
24-09-18, 12:00 PM
I have no wish to fight for my belt. I'll gladly fight for beer, tho.

Redknapp69
02-12-18, 02:11 PM
Enjoyed Wilder v Fury

Fury got fucked over by the decision though

How he got up from that 2nd knockdown I'll never know :hail:

Bevchenko
03-12-18, 11:38 AM
Still donít know how Jesus woke Tyson Fury up in that last round he was out cold!

Mark
03-12-18, 01:00 PM
I kind of wish I'd stayed up for it. It was the GF's birthday though so not sure it'd go down so well if I had :lol:

Re-match on the cards?

Redknapp69
03-12-18, 01:10 PM
I kind of wish I'd stayed up for it. It was the GF's birthday though so not sure it'd go down so well if I had :lol:

Re-match on the cards?

I just set the alarm from 4am

Aye - they'll do a re-match for sure

Dermotron
03-12-18, 02:44 PM
Aye - they'll do a re-match for sure

It was rigged for the rematch so they will do it for sure.

It'll be massive exposure for the British boxers if Fury wins there (his heroic's on Saturday will have him as an American fan favourite (plus his views will be conservative gold)) - then you have Fury Vs. Joshua in a sold out Vegas. It'll be the biggest heavyweight fight since Lewis Vs Tyson, possibly bigger.

AMC
03-12-18, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see the rematch for quite a bit, Wilder probably doesn't want to see Fury for a bit and will want the AJ fight, otherwise I think the WBC are pushing for him to face his mandatory.

No reason why AJ v Fury can't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of Whyte-Chisora takes on AJ, either way I can't see AJ - Fury being in Vegas, AJ isn't as big as he should be over there and it's two British fighters who can sell out Wembley for 90,000 rather than a 20,000 gate in Vegas, throw in the British fans would have to watch at 5 in the morning again and they won't get as many buys as the usual 10-11 time here.

Bevchenko
03-12-18, 08:28 PM
It was rigged for the rematch so they will do it for sure.

It'll be massive exposure for the British boxers if Fury wins there (his heroic's on Saturday will have him as an American fan favourite (plus his views will be conservative gold)) - then you have Fury Vs. Joshua in a sold out Vegas. It'll be the biggest heavyweight fight since Lewis Vs Tyson, possibly bigger.

AJ will only fight in London.

Mark
04-12-18, 12:26 PM
Yeah, his next fight is supposed to be in March. I think it'll be against the winner of Whyte v Chisora on 22nd.

Dermotron
04-12-18, 03:15 PM
AJ will only fight in London.

Does that not diminish his achievements some what? I don't think he'd be another Hatton/Naz where leaving the UK essentially ended their careers.

I agree a 90k sellout in Wembley is nice straight forward arrangement but from a pure global draw and future revenue stream, Vegas or New York are the places they go from big to huge. Imagine the AJ hype if he put Fury down in the US after Fury's rise from the dead at the end of the 12th the other night. The Americans would be all over that.

Interesting times in the heavyweight division indeed. If Whyte Vs Chisora II is half as good as I it'll be a hell of a fight.

Redknapp69
04-12-18, 10:13 PM
yeah - that Whyte/Chisora fight was a fecking belter fair play

Redknapp69
17-12-18, 12:30 AM
Canelo is awesome but Rocky Fielding went into that a bit daft - could have tried to keep him away by jabbing for a while. Did get him back with a few but played too much a dangerous game for me

But feck me - Canelo's body punches are immense :hail:

Fielding just seemed far too hapy to be there in the build up - dont blame him tho! Fought one of the (if not best) pound for pound fighters and made a few quid!

AMC
17-12-18, 11:19 AM
Total mismatch, was never going to trouble Canelo, Fielding isn't even in the top 3 British Super Middleweights never mind taking on one of the world's P4P best even if he was stepping up a weight.

Can't blame him for taking it, a nice little payday for him.

evesham
17-12-18, 03:45 PM
Canelo was a beast, I even watched a replay of GGG v Canelo, superb

Mark
18-12-18, 03:59 PM
Whyte to beat Chisora again this weekend?

AMC
18-12-18, 04:02 PM
Again? It was a draw last time wasn't it?

AMC
18-12-18, 11:35 PM
My mistake was a split decision. Yeah I think heíll win but Warrington-Frampton this week is the better fight.

Redknapp69
18-12-18, 11:41 PM
Chisora lost the fight on a controversial split decision with two judges scoring the fight 115Ė113 and 115Ė114 for Whyte and one scoring 115Ė114 in favour of Chisora

Mark
19-12-18, 12:02 PM
Yeah, it wasn't an amazing fight if I remember rightly. Undercard not looking that good either but planning on having mates round the new pad to watch it :ok:

AMC
19-12-18, 12:29 PM
Nah it was a decent fight, much better than people thought, but it's a joke it's on PPV, neither are World Champions, while the undercard doesn't have much either. Warrington and Frampton is for a world title featuring a World Champion in his first title defence and a former two weight champion Frampton with a solid undercard too.

Mark
19-12-18, 01:30 PM
Isn't that on BT Sport too? I do have that channel so could switch between the two!

AMC
19-12-18, 03:00 PM
Theyíre both pay per view mate, one sky one BT, which makes Hearnís decision to put it on the same night and PPV even more bizarre.

Mark
19-12-18, 03:23 PM
Haha, well it's not like Hearn has a reputation for being a bit of a numpty...!

Redknapp69
19-12-18, 03:58 PM
shame they on at same time

I'll watch Whyte v Chisora

If you had to pay you'd deffo pay for that from the first fight - much better than some other big fights etc but you would want an udnercard

Redknapp69
24-12-18, 02:33 AM
Driving back to Wales so didnít see either but sounds like 2 brilliant fights and both quite close?

Mark
24-12-18, 01:00 PM
Yeah, the Whyte/Chisora fight was decent. 11th round KO for Whyte when it could go either way!

Redknapp69
07-12-19, 11:13 PM
Professional discliplined performance from AJ :ok:

Coys
08-12-19, 02:58 PM
Shit fight for any non boxing enthusiasts. By which i mean, a defensive masterclass from Joshua, but we all want to see some heavy blows and drama. Glad i didn't fork out £25 for it! managed to watch it on a decent stream.

ebfatz
08-12-19, 03:15 PM
Yeah. You would be livid if you shelled out for that. Result aside.

Can't believe Ruiz didn't adapt his approach to ask more questions of AJ if I'm honest. But Joshua played it perfectly. Use extra reach to jab, jab jab and them just back off out of Ruiz's range.

Such an easy tactic. They've all done it to success in the past, Klitschko, Lennox, everyone. Will need to change his game back again for either Fury or Wilder who I'd imagine he will HAVE to face next, regardless of whether he wants to or not.

evesham
08-12-19, 03:16 PM
agreed it was like 2 heavyweights playing thumb wars, seen better fights in the kebab shop, and the sheikhs were made up with it :eek:

PPV has ruined boxing, that was more like Poo Per View

ebfatz
08-12-19, 03:26 PM
To be fair, Joshua had to play it that way in this one. Ruiz is a proper brawler. Not a boxer per se but someone who wants to have a full on scrap. Doesn't mind having a few landed on him coz he knows he'll land some big ones too. AJ couldn't get involved in that.

Redknapp69
08-12-19, 09:34 PM
Very smart from AJ - did the right thing - if he lost that his career would be in a very different place

Don't think he can be bothered with a trilogy but f he does same again he's win easily

Can see Ruiz is talented when up close - fecking stay away from that

Bizarre to hear him say he didn't prepare properly though - must be weird when he's prob lived it up well after beating AJ before

Dermotron
09-12-19, 10:35 AM
I actually enjoyed the fight. There was the tension of whether AJ would let his ego get the better of his plan (remember this is what he'd planned in fight #1). Then Ruiz would step in and clobber him.

Putting Ruiz down in round 1 of the first fight probably ruined AJ's game plan, but a lad getting up from that basically unhurt must fuck with your head a fair bit.

I'd really love to see him fight and beat Wilder in Vegas.

Mark
09-12-19, 01:40 PM
Yeah. You would be livid if you shelled out for that. Result aside.

Can't believe Ruiz didn't adapt his approach to ask more questions of AJ if I'm honest. But Joshua played it perfectly. Use extra reach to jab, jab jab and them just back off out of Ruiz's range.

Such an easy tactic. They've all done it to success in the past, Klitschko, Lennox, everyone. Will need to change his game back again for either Fury or Wilder who I'd imagine he will HAVE to face next, regardless of whether he wants to or not.

I don't think he'll be fighting either of those. It'll be Pulev or Usyk depending on which boxing organisation demand their belt to be fought for first.

Very smart from AJ - did the right thing - if he lost that his career would be in a very different place

Don't think he can be bothered with a trilogy but f he does same again he's win easily

Can see Ruiz is talented when up close - fecking stay away from that

Bizarre to hear him say he didn't prepare properly though - must be weird when he's prob lived it up well after beating AJ before

Definitely let it go once he won the belt. Should have been training properly to defend the belt at all costs. Couldn't believe the flab he still had on him.

I can see there being a third fight to close this chapter down but not right away. If there is, Ruiz does need to step up his game and lay off the hot dogs.

AMC
09-12-19, 04:34 PM
I think it'll be Pulev, fair play if he takes on Usyk next and maybe a good time facing Usyk with him being new to the division but he's a very good boxer and after coming back with the win over Ruiz I think he won't face him next.

It'll be Fury v Wilder 2 at the end of February, so I expect AJ to have another fight before (hopefully) fighting the winner of that come the summer.

Redknapp69
09-12-19, 10:17 PM
Whyte needs to be given a good fight - I like him and never gets a fair crack at anyone

Even he said he was in awful shape for latest fight and still came throught it

Bet AJ so wasssssssssssss tempted to go toe to toe with Ruiz in last 10 seconds when he was goading him on :lol:

AJ
10-12-19, 08:15 AM
I think it'll be Pulev, fair play if he takes on Usyk next and maybe a good time facing Usyk with him being new to the division but he's a very good boxer and after coming back with the win over Ruiz I think he won't face him next.

It'll be Fury v Wilder 2 at the end of February, so I expect AJ to have another fight before (hopefully) fighting the winner of that come the summer.

With all the slimming down AJ did for the Ruiz fight, I'd hate to see him go up against Fury atm... He seems to be lacking the sheer power to take him down.

He'll probably go up against Ruiz a final time in spring/ early summer.