PDA

View Full Version : Regens

trevorplatt
11-03-12, 04:39 PM
I know this will get copied across at some point but I'm trying to find some one now and I'm struggling.

The player retired suddenly about a month ago, after the summer data update. Does anyone know how long it takes for the regen to be created and/or what triggers it?
I know to look for Position, Balance, Flair and Bravery, but does Potential Ability stay the same? And is it right that Nationality usually stays the same (but not always)? Is there anything else I can look for?

I'm currently using CMScout to try to find him. After all the years of playing this game I've never found a regen that I was actually looking for, I've stumbled upon a couple before, but that was just numb luck. I really what this player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Goofy
11-03-12, 05:24 PM
Yep, PA stays the same :ok:

If you really want to know which regens are which then you should use the generated player finder program (GPF2) although it wont work on save games as you need to run it right away when you start a new game

Erkifino
11-03-12, 05:41 PM
Yep, PA stays the same :ok:

If you really want to know which regens are which then you should use the generated player finder program (GPF2) although it wont work on save games as you need to run it right away when you start a new game

If you REALLY wanted to, you could start a new game (if the same update is in use), save new game under something like 'Regen'. Use GPF2 on 'Regen'. Rename your current save 'Regen'. Open GPF2 and voila. If you could be bothered...

Although it won't be very accurate with those players with random attributes.

Goofy
11-03-12, 05:43 PM
Good idea Erk, never thought of that :ok: Does it still work for guys who have random PA though?

Erkifino
11-03-12, 05:46 PM
Good idea Erk, never thought of that :ok: Does it still work for guys who have random PA though?
Wouldn't say it does... But sure, who wants them lads? :lol:

Fods
11-03-12, 08:56 PM
The GPF will still work on save games but will only tell you everyone that retires 'after' you start using it and not from the start of your game!

trevorplatt
11-03-12, 11:45 PM
OK, thanks for that, for future games I'll use it, I didn't actually know that GPF existed, which is annoying considering how bad I am at finding re-gens.
For thiis game though I'm still in need of a little advise - is there actually anything else I can do to help me find this player.

Fods
11-03-12, 11:47 PM
Which player is it?

Goofy
11-03-12, 11:51 PM
It's not that hard to find a regen of a top player (i'm guessing it is a top notch player you're looking for?), just use cmscout and look for a player with the same PA and position, can normally narrow it down to one or two players very quickly before checking other things like preferred foot, balance, flair

trevorplatt
12-03-12, 06:56 PM
I've got him now, I think the game was just slow in re-booting him. He wasn't anyone famous, and I'm a few season in the future, I just liked how he fit into my tactics and he was playing for me for about 10 years. Thank you all for the advice, next time I'll just have a bit more patience - I've got another three that will probably retire before next season starts, so I can hone my regen searching abilities.

Fods
12-03-12, 09:57 PM
Run GPF now and when they retire you will find them easy peasey

tip: run GPF as Administrator

Robbo
26-03-12, 11:40 PM
hey guys i dont know if anyone could tell me the reason behind this, but when a player retires and doesnt carry on in the game, you can create a managers note with a reminder, an after a while (sometimes 2 to 3 months) a new player will come up instead of the old player in the reminder but its not the players regen by the looks of it.

AMC
26-03-12, 11:43 PM
It isn't, nicknaming and manager notes don't work.

Robbo
26-03-12, 11:47 PM
so the regen would be a total randomer

AMC
26-03-12, 11:51 PM
Yep.

Robbo
26-03-12, 11:54 PM
ah would have made the game boring at times if it was the retired players regen

JAS
09-04-12, 08:28 AM
Run GPF now and when they retire you will find them easy peasey

tip: run GFP as Administrator
I don't get what you mean or how to change to ''run GFP as Administrator''

ebfatz
09-04-12, 08:57 AM
It's a typo.
He means run GPF as administrator.

There's a GPF2 and a GPF3.
Both in the Downloads section.

Fods
09-04-12, 09:12 AM
yeh so right click on the icon, properties and tick 'run as administrator'

Fixed my post with the typo, cheers eb

JAS
10-04-12, 09:11 PM
yeh so right click on the icon, properties and tick 'run as administrator'

Fixed my post with the typo, cheers eb
where do I go from here (it's in dutch)http://i44.tinypic.com/20z7jp3.jpg

ebfatz
10-04-12, 10:15 PM
you'll need to extract it first.
use winrar or 7zip to do that.

Fods
11-04-12, 12:07 AM
:facepalm:

Dermotron
11-04-12, 09:21 AM
Downloads > Tools - GPF2 or GPF3

craigibhoy
08-02-14, 07:06 PM
Just wondering which it is in cm01/02 is it regens or newgens ?

AMC
08-02-14, 07:23 PM
Regens

craigibhoy
08-02-14, 08:41 PM
thanks and apologies for creating the topic :)

Fods
09-02-14, 01:53 AM
There are new gens too

Craig Forrest
14-02-14, 08:44 PM
are there actually new gens? I always assumed that every new player was a regen of someone.... there are what 100,000 players and staff in the DB or something?

Dermotron
14-02-14, 10:42 PM
There are some alright. Loads of really shite players are new gens. Lads with CA1 and PA10

Goofy
14-02-14, 10:53 PM
There are some alright. Loads of really shite players are new gens. Lads with CA1 and PA10

Sounds like the CM Vipers squad :ok:

Dermotron
15-02-14, 02:06 AM
:lol:

paparis
20-02-14, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone.Wasn't sure where to post this.Did a little searching in the forum but coulsn't find anything.So: How do you find regens of great players (e.g. the next Totti,Shevchenko etc)?I search every club in the former star's country. :frusty:
Is there an easier way?Thanks

colml
21-02-14, 12:08 AM
Generated player finder - all instructions are on that page

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=93

paparis
21-02-14, 12:57 AM
Can't get GFP3 to work,got CM Scout.Thank you

Fods
22-02-14, 01:49 AM
GPF3 never worked for me either, GPF2 works a treat

Rapier
06-03-14, 06:47 PM
I know how to spot them, but I didn't load GPF2 on this occasion so I tried to do it the old fashioned way.... and failed. So I'll open it up to you lot!

Wolfsburg- bought a highly rated DL/C called Nordine Barbier, as you can see from the 2nd screenie he started at game start with Rennes, so I assumed he was a real player.

http://i58.tinypic.com/206n9tl.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/29zo40x.jpg

KAA Gent- Started a new save, thought I'd check out Barbier at Rennes and see if I could poach him. So just typed his name in search and got nothing, odd, went to Rennes in case I had spelt his name wrong and again, nothing, no such player :suspicious:

So thinks I, he must have been a regen, but hang on, he was in the game from the start, 2010/11 season as you can see.

So I search my current Gent save for similar players, I note down his flair, bravery and balance, search for French DL/Cs that match and I only get one, bingo!! or so I thought...

The only match is one Chris Mavinga who is only 23yo at game start, a quick reload of my Wolfsburg save confirms that Mavinga is still in the game at 32 years of age, the same time as Nordine Barbier....

http://i58.tinypic.com/etwl8n.jpg

So where does this leave me, I'm not particularly bothered about signing him anyway as he wasn't that good, but this mystery has me wanting to find him!!

Any ideas?

AMC
06-03-14, 07:11 PM
Bravery can change can't it? I always thought it was flair and balance that didn't. Are both games using the same update as well?

Rapier
06-03-14, 07:28 PM
Yes same update, did another search after you said about bravery but didn't bring up any new contenders.

Alan
06-03-14, 07:53 PM
Any French DLCs set to retire in the first season, or did retire due to injury? Checking the static attributes doesn't mean a great deal as the original player may have not had any values set for these in the first place.

Rapier
06-03-14, 08:38 PM
Does the game just generate some random players at the start of every new save game? Possibly one of these?

Goofy
06-03-14, 10:19 PM
Check his PA using CMscout then load a new game and check to see if it matches anyone (obviously this wont work if the player has negative PA set in the editor). Which update is this from?

Rapier
06-03-14, 11:12 PM
Last update. I will do some more digging and see what I find. I'm not at home so can't check properly, I'll have a look when I get back.

Fods
06-03-14, 11:22 PM
Probably a new gen created at game start. What database side did you use?

AtomicAnt
07-03-14, 02:22 PM
So where does this leave me, I'm not particularly bothered about signing him anyway as he wasn't that good, but this mystery has me wanting to find him!! Any ideas?

It's probably a regen of someone who has a zero set for one ore more of balance, bravery and flair when the game starts. These players' atts would be set to random when the game starts and when his regen is created later on. Maybe an old player retired quickly after the game started and his regen popped up at Rennes.

Rapier
07-03-14, 02:45 PM
Think I've found him, I ran CM scout on my current Gent save and searched for French DL/Cs with flair and balance stats that match, obviously Mavinga showed up as I had already found him in game, but another showed up, a 17yo (same age as Barbier was in Wolfsburg save when I first spotted him) called Eric Massoni, only this one is at Lyon:

http://i60.tinypic.com/3177eya.jpg

Ok, so on my current Gent save I ran GPF2 from the first instant of the save so if he is a regen he should show up when I search his name, but he doesn't :noidea:

ebfatz
07-03-14, 04:04 PM
What database sizes are you using?
And what leagues loaded?

Is it just Belgium in the Gent save.

If you are only on medium size database it may not be loading all players.

Rapier
08-03-14, 04:18 PM
Max database, all main Euro leagues loaded plus Brazil and Argentina.

ajra21
04-04-14, 03:16 AM
wonder if i can get this to work on my mac?

inipi
08-10-14, 05:03 PM
Hello peeps.

Apologies if this is stickied somewhere but if it is I can't find it.

Is it Aggression, Balance, Bravery, and Flair that remain the same when a player regen's?

Checking here with GPF2 that seems to be the case. Any hidden stats remain the same? Does Dirtyness ever change? All my regens seem to have the same dirtyness as they have in the database.

Also, if a player has a 0 for Flair and gets a 10 rolled on initial creation does that mean it's a 10 forever more, or when he regens does it re use the zero and re-roll a random Flair?

Thanks.

P.S. I should add that I play 3.9.68 ODB (with some player fixes by me)

Dermotron
08-10-14, 05:11 PM
Anything in this thread? - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=676

inipi
08-10-14, 07:11 PM
Nothing definitive. A suggestion that Bravery can change (maybe), but I haven't seen it change.

AtomicAnt
08-10-14, 08:47 PM
I'm 100% certain that Balance, Bravery, and Flair remains the same when a player regens. And I believe there is a fourth visible att, but can't remember which one. Could be aggression.

inipi
08-10-14, 10:11 PM
Thanks. That seems to be what I'm seeing too. And I've been though a few dozen regens and so far they all have the same dirtiness too.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
09-10-14, 04:28 AM
And injury proneness, i think

inipi
09-10-14, 04:46 PM
Oh is that right? That could be worth making a note of too. Thanks.

inipi
09-10-14, 04:56 PM
You're quite right. I just checked about 10 regens and all had the same Injury Proneness.

inipi
12-10-14, 04:15 PM
Just answering my own question here... Bryan Roy who has 0 for Aggression, Balance, Bravery, and Flair in the database, got assigned 3/14/4/16 on game creation and his regen came back with 3/14/4/16 also.

AMC
12-10-14, 04:18 PM
Cheers mate, I suspected that would be the case but werent 100% about it.

inipi
26-10-14, 08:35 PM
I'm interested to know if any rules have ever been established regarding what nationality regens come back as. They usually stay the same I know, but occasionally change. I've seen Balakov change from Bulgarian to Bosnian. Yeboah from Ghana to Macedonian. Zamorano from Chile to Malawian. Amongst others. Thinking about it I think I've only ever seen a change that was from a nation with status Developed/Developing to a nation with status Developed/Developing. So might that be a rule? Has anybody ever seen a developed nation switch? ta

Fods
27-10-14, 03:56 AM
There is a good thread here: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=676&highlight=regens about regens, not sure it touches on Nationalities though although I know it has been discussed somewhere on the forum. I think the main countries 99.9% regen to the same country where playrs from lesser nations regen as if its random!

Cristian
04-12-14, 05:53 AM
Guys, how can one find out if a regen is any old player in particular who has come back from the dead?

Also, I'm a bit of a newbie at long term saves--do all teams get regens? Can I expect regens to appear at my club? IS there a particular date?

Thanks!

Kingsley
04-12-14, 12:56 PM
Footedness (LEFT/RIGHT/EITHER) also stays the same, as does dirtyness

The only way to guarantee working out who a regen is is to take a save right at the start of a new game and you can then use all sorts of tools to work out who they were or now are

Fods
04-12-14, 01:13 PM
GPF2 is the best, run it as soon as you load a game, give it a few months and the run GPF

ajra21
02-02-15, 06:02 PM
i have GK editor which seems to have a regen finder section to it. is it just a case of putting an old player onto the region list and waiting?

Fods
04-02-15, 06:55 AM
Alwways wondered how that worked, just tried again now and cant make head nor tail of it. GPF2 is awesome

ajra21
04-02-15, 09:51 PM
Alwways wondered how that worked, just tried again now and cant make head nor tail of it. GPF2 is awesome

what is GPF2?

Fods
05-02-15, 07:10 AM
what is GPF2?

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=25

ajra21
05-02-15, 04:03 PM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=25

and this finds regens? so, when steven gerrard retires, it'll find the player that is his regen?

Fods
06-02-15, 01:35 AM
I am sure thats what it says in the link I gave you!

ajra21
06-02-15, 02:06 AM
I am sure thats what it says in the link I gave you!

it does, but i was just checking because i naturally assume that i don't understand most of the stuff that goes on around here.

:confused: :becky:

BobMem
06-02-15, 01:13 PM
It will find regens, but you have to run it BEFORE the people retire.

So when you first run it, it makes a copy of the database. From then on it will find regens whenever you run it. It won't be able to find Stevie Gerrard's regen in a save where he has already retired.

ajra21
06-02-15, 02:41 PM
It will find regens, but you have to run it BEFORE the people retire.

So when you first run it, it makes a copy of the database. From then on it will find regens whenever you run it. It won't be able to find Stevie Gerrard's regen in a save where he has already retired.

fair enough. he hasn't retired yet so i'll run it soon. thanks.

craigibhoy
15-02-15, 05:21 PM
I have stopped playing this game for a while due to the fact that i think regens spoil the game and i prefer the newgen system, im wanting to go back playing this again but one thing is stopping me and that is the regen system which i want to ask about.

I know regens are just retired players who regenerate and that is why im put off because they retire and come back as a different name.
The question is do they always turn out like there past player or can they turn out crap, take for example Neuer best keeper in the world if he was to retire does this mean his regen will be the same as him and be best in world ? this is wat puts me off tbh.

Cheers for any help

Coys
15-02-15, 07:42 PM
If the retiring player has a set PA in the editor then yes his regen will also have the same PA. That doesn't necessarily mean he will turn out to be as good but it is more than likely.

The update team have given quite a lot of players, including those at the latter stages of their career, -2 as a PA to give the game a bit more randomness and make it more enjoyable.

Also think Tapani was looking in to an idea of adding newgens to the game through a patch but whether he is still working on that I don't know :ok:

craigibhoy
15-02-15, 08:20 PM
Thanks so would it still be worth giving it another go, i really hope tapani does add newgens :D

Goofy
15-02-15, 10:16 PM
I have stopped playing this game for a while due to the fact that i think regens spoil the game and i prefer the newgen system, im wanting to go back playing this again but one thing is stopping me and that is the regen system which i want to ask about.

I know regens are just retired players who regenerate and that is why im put off because they retire and come back as a different name.

Why would you want Lionel Messi to retire and come back called Lionel Messi? :crazy: That's one part of the game i love tbh, finding a hot new prospect then guessing who he might be, part of the fun imo. I'd find it completely stupid to see a great player retire then his 17 year old namesake suddenly appear looking exactly the same and having all the same exact atts.......... that's just daft :lol:

Sorry :lol:

Fods
15-02-15, 10:21 PM
Have to agree with Goofy on this one :phone:

craigibhoy
15-02-15, 10:25 PM
I don't want them to come back with the real names i just didn't want players to retire then come back into the game and just basicly be them selfs like same stats and turn out the exact same as there past player.

Fods
15-02-15, 10:26 PM
Here is a thread on regens so you know what changes/stays the same :ok:

http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=676&highlight=regens

Goofy
15-02-15, 10:33 PM
I don't want them to come back with the real names i just didn't want players to retire then come back into the game and just basicly be them selfs like same stats and turn out the exact same as there past player.

But they don't, they only have 3 attributes the same at regeneration, yes, their PAs remain the same but their mental and physical atts are randomized meaning they might turn out nothing like their predecessor. I've had amazing regens who turned out to be regens of crap players and vice versa........ sounds like that's what you want in that post? Now i'm confused :lol:

Goofy
15-02-15, 10:40 PM
Footedness (LEFT/RIGHT/EITHER) also stays the same, as does dirtyness

The only way to guarantee working out who a regen is is to take a save right at the start of a new game and you can then use all sorts of tools to work out who they were or now are

"Footedness", love it :lol:

craigibhoy
16-02-15, 01:48 AM
Yeah lol thats what i want :) regens not be like there past player.

Craig Forrest
16-02-15, 02:15 AM
No guarantee a regen is like his previous life...... he'll have the same PA, same position and most likely the same nationality.... think he keeps flair and bravery and a couple of other atts.... but other than that he can be a completely different player :ok:

ajra21
16-02-15, 02:19 AM
where do you find them? without a contract? on other teams?

Craig Forrest
16-02-15, 03:09 AM
All over... some will be free, some with spawn on existing teams....some are easy to find (a Portuguese FLC with 20 flair and 20s in a load of other attributes for example), others you can find if you know what you'e looking for or use a regen finding tool :ok:

ajra21
16-02-15, 05:42 PM
All over... some will be free, some with spawn on existing teams....some are easy to find (a Portuguese FLC with 20 flair and 20s in a load of other attributes for example), others you can find if you know what you'e looking for or use a regen finding tool :ok:

i've not been able to get a region tool to work properly yet (on the mac) and yeah, i've tended to find cristiano ronaldo' regen.

what happens when a player retires but stays in the game as a coach? does he region into a new player and stay as a coach/manager?

Craig Forrest
16-02-15, 06:00 PM
Yup. New player created and old player stays as coach

ajra21
16-02-15, 08:05 PM
Yup. New player created and old player stays as coach

cool.

Kingsley
26-02-15, 01:33 PM
And old coaches regen as new coaches, sometimes as an existing player, adding coaching attributes. I had Sir Alex regen as Christian Dailly :-)

ajra21
02-03-15, 03:39 AM
i've not been able to get any of the regen tools to work. with a bunch of big names about to retire, what should i be looking for when they become regens?

Fods
02-03-15, 03:45 AM
i've not been able to get any of the regen tools to work. with a bunch of big names about to retire, what should i be looking for when they become regens?

Have a read in this thread you posted in mate, it explains what atts and features remain the same in a regen, you should be able to search for him with those atts.

ajra21
02-03-15, 05:51 PM
thanks. i read it before posting but i'll read again.

ajra21
02-03-15, 06:20 PM
this threads tells me (and others) that the key attributes to finding a regen are the following, as they stay the same:

PA (potential ability)
preferred foot (left, right or both)
balance
flair
bravery
injury proneness
dirtiness
nationality (most of the time but not always)

have i missed anything?

ajra21
02-03-15, 07:22 PM
where do the regens show up? as free agents? or on teams?

Fods
03-03-15, 02:24 AM
Most are linked to a team, ie: promoted from academy but you do get some who are Free transfers.

I once had a game with United and I had a whole load of quality regens come through my youth team

I think you have pretty much covered it with your list though Ajra :ok:

ajra21
03-03-15, 02:30 AM
great. i'm hoping to find a few next season - am making a list and taking a screen shot of their profile on CMScout/GK Editor.

when do they turn up?

Fods
03-03-15, 02:38 AM
Normally after the game updates in June/July, end of season.

ajra21
03-03-15, 03:56 AM
that makes sense. thanks.

Fods
03-03-15, 04:16 AM
Another interesting thread here Ajra :ok:

Tip - Regeneration Dates (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3696&highlight=regen)

Fods
03-03-15, 04:19 AM
And this one, Youth Players (http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3761&highlight=regen)

This si where I posted about all the quality regens coming through my ranks, shame I don't have that save anymore. It was remarkable.

SteveV
11-09-15, 09:42 AM
I never get excited about the youth players my Bordeaux 'Academy' produces, as only one in 7 years has ever been good enough to even be a mediocre starter for the first team. In year 7 however, somebody called Gael Vallee appeared with substantially better starting attributes than any I have had previously. Due to a rash of injuries/suspensions he was pushed into the first team after Christmas and proceeded to score 12 goals in 18 games with 15 assists and an average rating of 8.06... He is an AM/F with 20's for Set Pieces which is where the assists come from but only 11 for OTB and Finishing so I don't know where the goals come from but who cares?

I am thinking he must be a regen but how would I be able to tell?

Psmith
11-09-15, 05:36 PM
I never get excited about the youth players my Bordeaux 'Academy' produces, as only one in 7 years has ever been good enough to even be a mediocre starter for the first team. In year 7 however, somebody called Gael Vallee appeared with substantially better starting attributes than any I have had previously. Due to a rash of injuries/suspensions he was pushed into the first team after Christmas and proceeded to score 12 goals in 18 games with 15 assists and an average rating of 8.06... He is an AM/F with 20's for Set Pieces which is where the assists come from but only 11 for OTB and Finishing so I don't know where the goals come from but who cares?

I am thinking he must be a regen but how would I be able to tell?

He is definitely a regen (all players in cm0102 are regens, there are no newgens prior to cm4 I think.) The question is: who is he a regen of?

Personally I don't like to know - even though it is often easy to guess - because it spoils part of the magic.

Just enjoy young Gael's proficiency and take him as a completely new player : )

SteveV
11-09-15, 07:37 PM
I am thinking it might be Zidane (creativity 18, Passing 18, as well as the 20 for Set Pieces) but like you say, it doesn't really matter..I thought there was a way of actually pinpointing exactly who the player is a regen of but I don't need to know...

Jesus
11-09-15, 07:47 PM
I am thinking it might be Zidane (creativity 18, Passing 18, as well as the 20 for Set Pieces) but like you say, it doesn't really matter..I thought there was a way of actually pinpointing exactly who the player is a regen of but I don't need to know...
A number of attributes stay the same when players regenerate as well as their nationality (unless they're from an obscure nation, it was common to see Patrick Viera come back as Senegalese or something). Cross check your players Balance, Bravery and Flair as well as which foot he prefers and it will give you a good idea as to who he is.

Fods
13-09-15, 04:34 PM
He is definitely a regen (all players in cm0102 are regens, there are no newgens prior to cm4 I think.) The question is: who is he a regen of?

Personally I don't like to know - even though it is often easy to guess - because it spoils part of the magic.

Just enjoy young Gael's proficiency and take him as a completely new player : )

Sorry mate your wrong, I've had plenty of newgens or ran-gens at game start that aren't in the DB. Even challenged tapani about this

Psmith
14-09-15, 10:55 AM
Sorry mate your wrong, I've had plenty of newgens or ran-gens at game start that aren't in the DB. Even challenged tapani about this

I had no idea, I was completely sure there were no newgens on cm0102.

Interesting...

Fods
14-09-15, 09:53 PM
I will try and find the thread when I get chance. Think it may be earlier in this thread to be honest

RuiEsteves
23-09-15, 10:40 PM
So I am playing a game on ODB v3.9.68, running into 11th season, date is July 2011. I managed Vitoria Setubal (see Stories section).

Taribo West who used to play for us, goes into retirement at age 37.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p580/RuiEsteves/West-ret-11.07.11_zps28avb4zf.png (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/RuiEsteves/media/West-ret-11.07.11_zps28avb4zf.png.html)

I scout the Nigerian clubs and the following day I find his regen. But what is incredible if you look both players is that the regen, who turns up at age 26 already, has exactly the same stats as those that West had when he retired, all except one: Determination.

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p580/RuiEsteves/Westregen-12.07.11_zpsocgidzzr.png (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/RuiEsteves/media/Westregen-12.07.11_zpsocgidzzr.png.html)

I find that quite weird, I never knew that's how regens worked! Taribo West in his prime at 20 in Jumping; he was down to 6 when he retired, so that means Mr Salomon Ekoku starts with a 6 in Jumping and I have never seen a 6 in Jumping improve into a 20! If this is how it works, then the better regens are those of players that retire early, when most of their stats have not gone too far south yet.

mikecoxon
24-09-15, 01:00 PM
Interesting Regen quirk that I noticed recently on my ODB game (apologies if this is something others have seen happen).

Set my scout to search South America, mainly came back with the usual 31 year olds from Peru who can't get a work permit but the best player he found was a 19 year old Brazilian who, because of his mouthful name, I nicknamed "Guedes". Fairly sure he was a re-gen of Romario, his contract was due to expire shortly so I decided to try and sign him.

What was peculiar was that despite him never having played either at club level for Santos or international level (full, B or U21) I was told he'd have no problem obtaining a work permit by the scout. Low and behold, when the time came for him to join there were no problems and he signed.

Is there a reason for this loophole? His value when I signed him wasn't particularly high (around 2m) and he was signed as a hot prospect on wages that reflected that - I'm assuming its to do with Romario's reputation and possibly his caps but I would have thought this would have been reset with the regen?

Either way he stayed for five and a half seasons, never really doing the business (even though his stats were great) and eventually got arsey, went awol and I released him because he was upsetting the rest of the team - typical South American!

Dermotron
24-09-15, 01:25 PM
High PA young players tend to get around Work Permit rules

Dermotron
24-09-15, 01:29 PM
the regen, who turns up at age 26 already, .

All players in unplayable nations regen at 25+. same with playable nations which aren't loaded

RuiEsteves
24-09-15, 03:23 PM
@Dermotron: thanks. But I did not know that the regen had the exact same attributes as the retired player at the time when he retired (except Determination it seems). That would explain why some of the "physical stats" are typically lower for regens, such as stamina, jumping or workrate...

Elgin_McQueen
24-09-15, 08:52 PM
Robbie Keane regen?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Elgin_McQueen/Keano.png (http://s60.photobucket.com/user/Elgin_McQueen/media/Keano.png.html)

Dermotron
24-09-15, 10:39 PM
No, Robbie Keane is an FC

Kevin Doyle I'd say

Elgin_McQueen
25-09-15, 06:05 PM
Whoever it is has regened as a 23 year old, seems to love scoring.

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
27-09-15, 02:12 PM
High PA young players tend to get around Work Permit rules
It needs to be PA >190. Romario is one of the ones who will qualify

Fods
28-09-15, 07:23 AM
I heard that you can sign some foreign players if you bid for them at certain times of the year... anyone else heard this?

ebfatz
28-09-15, 08:17 AM
Thats in the Work Permit workarounds thread. Can't be bothered to link it from Tapatalk though mate sorry.
Not sure if it works on a Tapani patch either.

ExecutioN14
03-10-15, 11:11 PM
Looks like the force is with Norwich.

http://puu.sh/kjcUj/7605d43dee.jpg

F1Krazy
04-10-15, 01:20 AM
Looks like the force is with Norwich.

http://puu.sh/kjcUj/7605d43dee.jpg

I assume that high Influence rating is down to his use of Jedi mind tricks? :D

Nickcm0102
23-01-16, 02:37 PM
All players in unplayable nations regen at 25+. same with playable nations which aren't loaded
Does that include background leagues?

Nickcm0102
23-01-16, 02:42 PM
If regens in non-chosen leagues begin at 26, why do you still get younger players being created in Brazil and Argentina? Are they newgens?

AtomicAnt
24-01-16, 10:36 AM
If regens in non-chosen leagues begin at 26, why do you still get younger players being created in Brazil and Argentina? Are they newgens?

All regens in non-chosen leagues aren't 25+, I'm afraid Dermotron is wrong about that. Yes, it often happens but not all the time. Take Zlatan for instance, he's easy to find. And sometimes his regen is under 20 years old, even if swedish league are not chosen.

AMC
24-01-16, 01:27 PM
I don't think Derm means leagues you've not selected he means nations which you can't play in if you start a new game, so in the case of Zlatan you could start a new game in Sweden if you want, but you can't in say Hungary.

Saying that I only thought the 25+ regens where for small countries, can't remember Giggs's regen coming back as a teenager, but obviously you can play in the Welsh league if you wish.

Dermotron
28-01-16, 10:11 AM
All regens in non-chosen leagues aren't 25+, I'm afraid Dermotron is wrong about that. Yes, it often happens but not all the time. Take Zlatan for instance, he's easy to find. And sometimes his regen is under 20 years old, even if swedish league are not chosen.

Sometimes alright (he is a rare one indeed) but generally look at the ages. I've seen him regen at 26 and even 29 also. Say for instance, you don't load Holland and track the likes of Robben and Sneijders regens, they tend to regen in Holland in the 25+ bracket. The odd time you have a player regen on a free but for a nation that doesn't load, yes you get ages below this. Then he tends to be snapped up by a club from his home nation pretty quickly.

I would say 95% of regens regenerate 25+ in nations that don't load. That's why you get the nations that are loaded start dominating World Cups after awhile e.g. do a 1 league test for 60 seasons or so with a nation like Denmark even and after about season 20 they will be in the top 4 of WC's and Euro's consistently. It's not the only reason of course but it's one of the key ones from what I've seen over the years.

Another thing to look at is u21 squads in the nations that aren't loaded. Most of them fail to field a team. Of course this tends to be better the bigger the database but generally after about 10 seasons the bigger nations that haven't been loaded tend to only have players that regenerated and had a second nationality of a nation that's load e.g. Italy - playable, Argentina - unplayable - Argentina would get a decent amount of regens (hmmm, could be why Ibra's regen tends to be younger, maybe the dual nationality plays a role in all nations, loaded or not. One for testing)

Jesus
28-01-16, 10:44 AM
There's actually a fix for this anyway but it involves patching your exe using Flex.

Fods
29-01-16, 08:01 AM
Its fixed in the latest Tapani patch to a certain degree!

Offside Trap
30-05-16, 08:56 PM
Im guessing a bit of a daft question here, and also a long shot

Using a regen program(s) can you identify a regen of a player on a saved game?

So If I fire up my 9 season Spain game, is it possible for me to find Ronaldo, even if I've only just launched the program? I know this isn't the case on the GPF program, as it starts locating from when you first load it, or create a screenshot

AtomicAnt
30-05-16, 11:32 PM
Use cmscout. Potential ability of 197, FLC from Portugal is CR7.

Erkifino
01-06-16, 03:16 PM
If you are using the same database/update you can start a new save, take a snapshot with GPF. Rename your 9 season save to that of the new save and boom.

Desp
18-03-17, 05:30 PM
Hi!

Is there a trick to make new regen ??

I'm making a game and are fourth year but so far I have not seen any regen. What determines this?

Dermotron
20-03-17, 01:32 PM
A player must retired before they regenerate

Kingsley
20-03-17, 02:35 PM
I have just discovered something relating to regens. The regenerated player will take with them any nickname that you give them. So if you want to find the regen of Messi, give him a nickname before he retires, then use the player search to find the nickname of the regen.

AMC
20-03-17, 02:50 PM
Nicknames don't work on 01/02. I think it may have done on earlier versions of the game but it definitely doesn't work on 01/02.

Kingsley
20-03-17, 04:54 PM
It has worked on my Alphabet game

AMC
20-03-17, 04:57 PM
Weird, unless Saturn/Tapani did something to the code?

I remember doing it years ago and wondering when I searched for "Zidane regen" I got some Maltese Goalkeeper and not a French AMC, seems the nicknames carry over to regens but not to that specific's player's regen.

Kingsley
20-03-17, 05:12 PM
I'll try to find some screen shots. This was a good Brazilian D RL and the nickname reappeared on a younger good Brazilian D RL

Desp
20-03-17, 07:51 PM
5 seasons that are not getting any regen.
Because the teams managed by com get many regen every year?
How do we get regen?

Kingsley
20-03-17, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure that there is much that you can do. Have a small squad and very good training facilities is about it.

To be honest, I am happy not to get any as the ones that I get are always crap and immediately released. I don't think I have kept a single one for 10 years (real life)

AMC
20-03-17, 08:55 PM
I had a save with Reims probably about 10 years ago (real time) and I got the regens of Pires and Zidane in consecutive seasons, that's probably the most luck I've had.

Dermotron
21-03-17, 09:40 AM
Specifics to youth players coming through this thread might be more beneficial http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3761

leebishop1982
21-08-17, 05:46 PM
Hi all

been playing this game for years and never got my head around Regens....!

Whats the best way to find them? I have GK Save Game editor and CM Explorer which shows a 'Watch for Regens' button but I cant really figure it out!!!

If someone in the know can spend a few mins explaining how to find them i'd appreciate it, the general rules about how it works etc.

Thanks

Bish

trunky
22-08-17, 10:18 PM
Hi all

been playing this game for years and never got my head around Regens....!

Whats the best way to find them? I have GK Save Game editor and CM Explorer which shows a 'Watch for Regens' button but I cant really figure it out!!!

If someone in the know can spend a few mins explaining how to find them i'd appreciate it, the general rules about how it works etc.

Thanks

BishFind a player in the editor, say Lahm, click the watch for regen button at the bottom then save. At the end of the season, if he goes bye bye, save, load up the editor and and check the list. Left hand side is the new regency name.

Mohsin
22-06-18, 01:04 AM
I noticed other clubs can get some really good newgen youth players coming through.
How do I get newgens like they do?

I usually sign u21 players just to fill my reserves up with a random cheap team, should I leave it empty and sign no one? Will I get good newgens then?

Dermotron
25-06-18, 09:41 AM
The quickest way to reduce your squad size to very low levels e.g. 20-28 players. The newgens/regens will start appearing in an around game update on June 20th as this is when most players retire

Shabbanero
20-07-18, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know if theres a simple edit I can do to ensure that regens appear aged 16-21, rather than sometimes regenerating aged 27? I'd rather Zidane regenerated as a teenager so I can have him for a good few years and he can reach his full potential.

thanks

Dermotron
20-07-18, 12:07 PM
Load more leagues

Players will regen at 25+ in unplayable leagues, 16-21 in playable leagues

I do think this issue is resolved in Saturn's +v5 patch https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10794&p=383948#post383948

Shabbanero
20-07-18, 12:40 PM
OK, thanks. So nothing I can do in the editor then?

Dermotron
20-07-18, 12:42 PM
Nope. It's not set in the data contained in the there, rather it's in the code within the exe

Shabbanero
20-07-18, 12:48 PM
Ah, thanks v much.

Pickpocket
24-07-18, 01:19 PM
I'm playing a long-term game with Watford signing no players and trying to nurture my own talent given to me by the academy. In 13 years I've received ONE graduate, even though as it stands my squad size is 20. In the ODB I remember being showered with regens year on year, so does anyone know why this is so? Could it have something to do with the Saturn patch, or the update? Or might it be that my bank balance is 2.5 Billion and the AI has me as a 'low priority' candidate for regens? Does anyone have info on this? I have 4 major leagues loaded. Thanks in advance :)

Sure
25-07-18, 11:55 AM
What patch are you playing with by curiosity ? The last Saturn patch blocks new regens to come up when there are already 45 or more players in a squad. I know it's not your case, but I thought it could have an impact on how regens are allocated between teams (or just released in the mysterious youth league). Maybe it's not the case.

I'm managing 16 NI teams while still playing with Saturn patch V3, and I can't remember when I got my last regen directly in a team. In fact, the total of regens who were "gifted" to me this way could be counted on the finger of two hands after 15 in game years. Money, squad size, fame, facilities, seem to have no impact at all. But UK regens may be somewhat different as they can appear in clubs which are from another "country", ex. an irish newbie in an english team. Maybe it weights somehow.

Pickpocket
25-07-18, 04:30 PM
Thank you. I'm playing with the latest patch.

saturn
25-07-18, 07:50 PM
The main problem is simply the lack of players available to regen into your squad. In the 3.9.68 database, there are 12,479 players with either English/Irish/N Irish/Welsh nationalities (this figure doesn't include those who could have them as second nationalities or player/managers, player/assistants and player/coaches, so the overall number is a bit higher.) In the March 2018 update, the equivalent figure is 8,366: there just isn't enough players to go round really.

I wonder how easy would it be to create a regen-friendly version of the March 2018 update. Something such as injecting ~5k unattached 40+ year old UK & ROI players into the database, just to bump up the numbers for a regen friendly save game.

Dermotron
26-07-18, 09:26 AM
The main problem is simply the lack of players available to regen into your squad. In the 3.9.68 database, there are 12,479 players with either English/Irish/N Irish/Welsh nationalities (this figure doesn't include those who could have them as second nationalities or player/managers, player/assistants and player/coaches, so the overall number is a bit higher.) In the March 2018 update, the equivalent figure is 8,366: there just isn't enough players to go round really.

I wonder how easy would it be to create a regen-friendly version of the March 2018 update. Something such as injecting ~5k unattached 40+ year old UK & ROI players into the database, just to bump up the numbers for a regen friendly save game.

Very easy

Take a list of retired retired players and add them with archibald's transfer tool. Then use excel to set them all to retire August 1st and add them to the player_setup.cfg

Getting a list of players would be the hardest. Well the nationalities, DOB, positions

xeno
26-07-18, 09:55 AM
You can get ODB free players and transfer to new August database update

Mark
26-07-18, 10:00 AM
Didn't we used to have very old players put in with -1 or -2 so that we'd get plenty of regens and some decent ones too?

Something rings a bell, it was a thing Royce Gracie pushed for, wasn't it?

Dermotron
26-07-18, 10:07 AM
It was. Managing it is a dose though.

There are 9454 in the current DB for England, Scotland, N.Ireland, Wales and Ireland

saturn
26-07-18, 09:24 PM
Very easy

Take a list of retired retired players and add them with archibald's transfer tool. Then use excel to set them all to retire August 1st and add them to the player_setup.cfg

Getting a list of players would be the hardest. Well the nationalities, DOB, positions

Would it be possible to just mass create a load of players named John Smith, all aged 50, all English, 500 being GKs, 1k Ds, 2k Ms, 1k As, attributes/PA all zeroes and shove them in the database? If they're only there to essentially retire then it wouldn't matter if they're real or not.

Sure
26-07-18, 09:42 PM
Would it be possible to just mass create a load of players named John Smith, all aged 50, all English, 500 being GKs, 1k Ds, 2k Ms, 1k As, attributes/PA all zeroes and shove them in the database? If they're only there to essentially retire then it wouldn't matter if they're real or not.

Don't know how it works very well, but wouldn't this give too much weight to "John" and "Smith" when regen identity is rolled ? Could an abundance of the same first name and last name have an impact on how they are chosen ?

Dermotron
26-07-18, 09:42 PM
About 10 minutes work. Give me 15 minutes, making tea :typing:

Dermotron
26-07-18, 10:07 PM
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/xh6fLcn6U4oRpgaaeRdUxw

Use Archibalds transfer tool to import the 80k of players called John Regenstein (about 40k English, 10k the other nations). The settings on the transfer tool are irrelevant since they have no age, values or club

Copy and paste the lines of text from the player_setup retirements.txt into the player_setup.cfg in the data folder.

Sit back and watch 80000 players called John Regenstein retire on the 1st of August

Dermotron
26-07-18, 10:39 PM
Slight flaw in this - John Regenstein will need to be renamed John Regenstein 1, John Regenstein 2 and so on. The player_setup will work correctly. As it is only the first John Regenstein will retire

saturn
26-07-18, 10:58 PM
Don't know how it works very well, but wouldn't this give too much weight to "John" and "Smith" when regen identity is rolled ? Could an abundance of the same first name and last name have an impact on how they are chosen ?

I'm not sure how it works either. I know in the .68 DB there's a Romanian player with the first name Ciprian that accidentally has his nationality set as Irish. Cue lots of Irish regens with the first name Ciprian, and that's only one player "fathering" them all. I'm monitoring the amount of Regensteins in a test save with CMScout to see what the levels stay at (70k loaded).

Slight flaw in this - John Regenstein will need to be renamed John Regenstein 1, John Regenstein 2 and so on. The player_setup will work correctly. As it is only the first John Regenstein will retire

The game wouldn't load for me at all with the player_setup.cfg file Regensteined so I just deleted it. They're all 36/37 so most should hopefully retire within the first year anyway.

Dermotron
26-07-18, 11:07 PM
80k changes to the players_setup.cfg might be too many :lol:

Dermotron
26-07-18, 11:42 PM
Loads fine with these files - https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/x%2FdsQeiERcCDve5AlNCRqQ

Takes about 15-20 minutes to load one league though. Validating the database might take about 2 hours

Dermotron
26-07-18, 11:47 PM
https://s6.postimg.cc/c3zowqdjl/regensteins1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://s6.postimg.cc/i4xdtssg1/regensteins2.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

PA160+

https://s6.postimg.cc/6fte5ttrl/regensteins3.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Dermotron
26-07-18, 11:51 PM
Here's the excel I worked off. Copy the last column into a text file (or player_setup.cfg). Any changes made in the prior columns auto change in the last column

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2ykopo

Dermotron
26-07-18, 11:54 PM
Scrap my top posts, Regenstein X needs to the COMMON NAME, as the common names never return. Bah. Will sort tomorrow if anyone wants it. The last name needs to be just Regenstein (or Smith) otherwise the regens will regen with names like Regenstein 78124 :frusty:

saturn
27-07-18, 08:13 AM
Well, the regens worked as intended anyway, even with no retirement dates set in my save. Had a game with England (+NLs), Ireland & N Ireland selected on a max DB and managed PSNI who have zero players. In a little over a season (August 2018) I had a full squad of regens. The Regenstein army had a few dozen retirements every month until the summer, when they virtually all retired.

August 69,683 2017
September 69,631
October 69,580
November 69,531
December 69,410
January 69,347 2018
February 69,213
March 69,196
April 69,179
May 69,157
June 69,156
July 67,104
August 42,882
September 10,590
October 67
Most of those left had actually been signed by a club. There probably should be a retirement date set for them in player_setup.cfg after all, as I noticed a few of the Regensteins got staff attributes and were thus quite noticeable in the Staff Search screen.

And lastly, no regens came back with the Regenstein surname.

Sure
27-07-18, 11:01 AM
Found this in CM Explorer help. Don't know if it can give a clue :

Editing names can useful for improvement of in-game name generation. CM generates players all the time. For example, if the database does not have enough reputable players in a club’s squad, the game generates them (their names appear gray). Also, as the game progresses in time, CM generates new young players. The names of the generated players represent different combinations of the names in the database that have the generated player’s nationality. So, if you see some very strange names that do not suit a given nationality you can correct this by either editing names or excluding certain names from name generation procedure by setting their nationality to None (however, this last method will not work for the names in the original database – see below). The database has many name confusions, which is not surprising given its immense size and diversity of nations. For example, in the list of the Russian first names there is an entry named “Alyakrinskiy” which in fact is a Russian last name. This is why one can see a Russian player in the game with a nutty name like “Alyakrinskiy Mostovoi.”

CM’s name generation algorithms are somewhat vague. It seems that the executable stores a certain range of name ID’s in the original database for each nationality and uses the names in this range regardless of their actual nationality. That means that if, in the above example, you change Alyakrinskiy’s nationality to None, this will not have any effect on name generation, and “Alyakrinskiy” will be used in the process of Russian players’ name generation anyway. The solution in this situation is to find the player(s) with the “incorrect” name and change the name to the correct one in the Player Edit dialog. This will break the association between the player(s) and the old name. After this you can change the old name itself into a typical national name, which then will be used for name generation.

Well, it's still vague, as he did write.

From saturn

I'm not sure how it works either. I know in the .68 DB there's a Romanian player with the first name Ciprian that accidentally has his nationality set as Irish. Cue lots of Irish regens with the first name Ciprian, and that's only one player "fathering" them all. I'm monitoring the amount of Regensteins in a test save with CMScout to see what the levels stay at (70k loaded).

I remember experiencing almost the same thing when I filled a belgian club with something like 30 new players with brand new names. The game took one of those names and gave it to dozens of portuguese staff members, even if it was not of the same nationality. I'm not surprised when it happens in small nations, but I don't think Portugal lacks names at this point.

Jokerjake7
05-08-18, 11:21 PM
Don't know if I should post it here or in screenshots, but in my old story I picked up a Brazillian who was an absolute beast for my team when he was actually fit to play. Don't suppose anyone knows who he's a regen of for curiosities sake?

https://i.imgur.com/usI95Bk.png

Dermotron
06-08-18, 09:21 AM
What version you playing? ODB or with a data update?

ODB possibly Romario

Jokerjake7
06-08-18, 05:29 PM
It was the odb.68 database.

OttoBisk
06-08-18, 06:42 PM
Hi there.

Does anyone know how regens name are generated? Im playing a belgian league game and regens are mostly flemish speaking names. Years after years, managing a french speaking belgian team, the squad looks very unrealistic regarding player names. Is it possible to control this? (the way thed regens are named)

Thanks in advance ;)

Mohsin
27-09-18, 05:07 PM
Hi there.

Does anyone know how regens name are generated? Im playing a belgian league game and regens are mostly flemish speaking names. Years after years, managing a french speaking belgian team, the squad looks very unrealistic regarding player names. Is it possible to control this? (the way thed regens are named)

Thanks in advance ;)

I would like lots of fresh potential regen names added if possible, the more variable combinations the better :)

Kenny Dalglish's Smile
28-09-18, 06:21 AM
Hi there.

Thanks in advance ;)

If you look in the editor you can see that each first and last name has a country and a count for that country, which I assume is the number of instances of that name in the starting DB.

I have always assumed that the regens are named randomly based on names which exist in the DB for their nation, with a weighting towards the more favourable ones. The names are also including staff, which I guess is why quite a lot of players regen with names which sound old fashioned.

You can always nickname your players to give thm names which sound more like what you want.

Mohsin
28-09-18, 02:47 PM
If you look in the editor you can see that each first and last name has a country and a count for that country, which I assume is the number of instances of that name in the starting DB.

I have always assumed that the regens are named randomly based on names which exist in the DB for their nation, with a weighting towards the more favourable ones. The names are also including staff, which I guess is why quite a lot of players regen with names which sound old fashioned.

You can always nickname your players to give thm names which sound more like what you want.

You are right, I guess I should just give/change newgens nicknames ingame if they sound old fashioned :)

darwin
28-09-18, 03:43 PM
Hi guys!

I want some help. I don't know if it's possible, but let it go:

The best player of my team retired suddenly. He is retiring just at 32 years old... Could have any way to stop? Or make he not retiring in some editor? I don't want regen but that he still until the end, not at 32... thanks!

Guushiddink
18-11-18, 05:28 PM
Does anyone know why Pace,Acceleration,Jumping,Workrate and Determination almost always are verry low on almost every regen player?
Does anyone know how i can maybe make players faster through training or maybe play them in different positions?

JLa
18-11-18, 09:00 PM
Are you using a patch of some sort? I seem to remember the patch wizards have tweaked this code, not sure if they improved it or caused it! :lol:

Physical attributes can be trained through 'fitness' training. Be aware of pushing them too hard; their condition will drop.

MVP
28-05-19, 02:39 PM
I believe the lack of pace, workrate, determination in regens was an inherent flaw in the original, but was fixed by Tapani in his patch.

But looking at earlier posts about creating lots of older random players with -1/-2 PA seems like a good idea especially if the latest data updates could do with a bump in number of players for certain nationalities.

Lucasjeha
10-07-19, 02:02 AM
Hello guys. I know that regens are previous players who had retired and are regenerated automatically. My question is, there are generated players that aren't regenerated? I mean, new players that aren't based on a former player? I had this question on my mind as if the regens are only made from previous players, the balance of power for the National Teams will never change as there will never be good players in the NTs that didn't have them before.

Thanks in advance!

baw
10-07-19, 10:03 AM
Hello guys. I know that regens are previous players who had retired and are regenerated automatically. My question is, there are generated players that aren't regenerated? I mean, new players that aren't based on a former player? I had this question on my mind as if the regens are only made from previous players, the balance of power for the National Teams will never change as there will never be good players in the NTs that didn't have them before.

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion there are also players generated "from nothing". I think this because I noticed that at times there are good players in certain areas rather than others, for example in my current rescue, I now find a lot of strong players of Turkish origin, while a few years ago (years of the game) I found many strong players of origin Belgian, so I think some players are created without regen.

MadScientist
10-07-19, 05:57 PM

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion there are also players generated "from nothing". I think this because I noticed that at times there are good players in certain areas rather than others, for example in my current rescue, I now find a lot of strong players of Turkish origin, while a few years ago (years of the game) I found many strong players of origin Belgian, so I think some players are created without regen.

As far as I know all regens come from previous players who retired. But baw raised an iteresting point. What happens, though, is that some players gain a second nationallity as Turkish or Belgiunm or whatever during the game, and then they can regen with their second nationallity instead of the first one. Other thing that happens is that some old players with many international caps have a -2 PA in editor, so they can produce regens with good PA (this is to give some random in the first generation of regens).

And also, there is a bit of randomness in the nationallity and position of regens. Sometimes, very rare, they are regenerated in different nation and position than their "father".

So , in the end, the balance of national teams remain more or less constant, but there is some variation that happens sometimes

Lucasjeha
11-07-19, 06:44 PM

Thanks! I'll try to keep on track on the regens more closely from now on.

As far as I know all regens come from previous players who retired. But baw raised an iteresting point. What happens, though, is that some players gain a second nationallity as Turkish or Belgiunm or whatever during the game, and then they can regen with their second nationallity instead of the first one. Other thing that happens is that some old players with many international caps have a -2 PA in editor, so they can produce regens with good PA (this is to give some random in the first generation of regens).

And also, there is a bit of randomness in the nationallity and position of regens. Sometimes, very rare, they are regenerated in different nation and position than their "father".

So , in the end, the balance of national teams remain more or less constant, but there is some variation that happens sometimes

Thanks for the info. So far all the regens I kept a watch for in the Graeme Editor were regenerated in the same nationality and position of their father, hope it changes a bit soon. By the way, is there any way to create new players for low quality NTs after the game has started?

MadScientist
12-07-19, 12:45 AM
By the way, is there any way to create new players for low quality NTs after the game has started?

The only way i remember now is what someone did with San Marino, i think he became manager of all San Marino clubs with human managers, then he signed many cheap high PA players to those clubs, they gained san marino second nationality after some years and played for san marino national, then those players retired and then san marino had lots of new players (regens) with big PA.

Lucasjeha
12-07-19, 02:44 PM
The only way i remember now is what someone did with San Marino, i think he became manager of all San Marino clubs with human managers, then he signed many cheap high PA players to those clubs, they gained san marino second nationality after some years and played for san marino national, then those players retired and then san marino had lots of new players (regens) with big PA.

How do I manage teams from leagues that aren't in the game? I did use the Dirty Editor to manage Zambia, but it only allows NTs and not clubs.

MadScientist
12-07-19, 09:01 PM
How do I manage teams from leagues that aren't in the game? I did use the Dirty Editor to manage Zambia, but it only allows NTs and not clubs.

"Manage any team" checkbox of this tool https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Also included in tapani/saturn patches

Lucasjeha
15-07-19, 01:53 AM
"Manage any team" checkbox of this tool https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661

Also included in tapani/saturn patches

Thanks a lot!!

upthehammers
25-07-19, 10:54 PM
Im playing March 2019 update 5th season in and scout just came back from Croatia with this lad, looks immense for 17 and currently trying to get him anyone any idea whos regen it could be?

**Edit** Modric maybe he's just sprang to mind?

https://i.ibb.co/ZGt5PmZ/darko.png (https://ibb.co/sbknGHB)

MadScientist
26-07-19, 12:12 AM
maybe rakitik

AtomicAnt
26-07-19, 02:02 PM
Modric?

upthehammers
26-07-19, 07:46 PM
i would probably say it was one of them 2 either way looks like hes going to be a great player.