PDA

View Full Version : What does the Tapani 3.12 Patch change

Patinoz
21-02-12, 01:11 AM
Here is a list of things the Tapani patch changes: (everyone is welcome to add more features that I don't remember at the moment)

1.Changes leagues structures(Italian leagues,Brazilian,etc.)
2.Changes leagues names(German Bundesliga,English leagues,etc.)
3.Makes the English Conference North playable
4.Adds colored attributes like in FM series
5.Changes the game speed
6.Changes the game start year
7.Disables the unprotected contracts feature
8.Improves the AI tactics
9.Makes more nations manageable
10.Changes TV prizes
11.Improved regen attributes (took quite some while to tune them well)
12.Proper CPU idling when game is inactive - i.e. does not take 100% CPU all the time (good for laptops and temperature controlled fans)
13.Top right 'X' exits game
14.PgDn key forces the game to continue (good for multiplayer, only server can use this)
15.Removed cheat codes and month-to-month contract abuses (workarounds might exist though)
16.Trial players invisible for other human managers, also holidaying human teams are slightly more yellowish in league tables
17.Players training counters are not set to 'untrained' when the game starts
18.Optional hiding of non-public bids (the way they were intended)

List of things the zozoa Addon changes:

1. Leagues structure:
* Portuguese Premier & Second division now have 16 teams instead of 18.
* Swedish Premier Division now has 16 teams instead of 14.
* Norwegian Premier Division now has 16 teams instead of 14.
* Converting the Copa Mercosur which doesn't exist anymore to CONCACAF Champions' Cup.
* Fix the "Oceania league" error when starting at 2008.
* Allow loans between SPL clubs.

2. Leagues names:
* English Premier Division --> English Premier League
* Spanish First Division --> Spanish La Liga
* Dutch Premier Division --> Dutch Eredivisie
* French First Division --> French Ligue 1
* French Second Division --> French Ligue 2
* European Champions Cup --> UEFA Champions League
* European Super Cup --> UEFA Super Cup
* Russian Premier Division --> Russian Premier League
* Turkish Premier Division --> Turkish Sper Lig
* South American Copa Mercosur --> CONCACAF Cup
* Scottish Premier Division --> Scottish Premier League

3. Players restrictions:
* English leagues --> max 18 non-eu
* Russian Premier Division --> max 8 foreigns
* French First Division --> max 4 non-eu
* French Second Division --> max 2 non-eu
* French Cup --> max 2 non-eu
* French League Cup --> max 4 non-eu
* French Champions' Trophy --> max 4 non-eu
* Polish leagues --> max 18 foreigns
* Brazilian leagues --> max 3 foreigns
* MLS --> max 18 foreigns
* Turkish Second Division --> max 2 foreigns
* Greek National B --> max 3 foreigns
* Portuguese leagues --> max 18 non-eu
* German leagues --> max 18 non-eu
* Norwegian leagues --> max 3 non-eu

4. Add B teams to teams who have B teams in real life:
* Villarreal now has B team

5. Change MLS teams names as it is today:
* Miami Fusion FC --> Chivas USA
* Tampa Bay Mutiny --> Houston Dynamo
* NY/NJ Metrostars --> Red Bull New York

6. Increase number of subs allowed:
* Scottish Premier League --> max 7
* German First Division --> max 7
* German Second Division --> max 7
* German Cup --> max 7
* French Ligue 1 --> max 7
* French National --> max 5
* French Cup --> max 5
* French League Cup --> max 7
* Danish Premier Division --> max 7
* Northern Irish Premier League --> max 5
* Northern Irish FA Cup --> max 5
* English Premier League --> max 7
* English FA Cup --> max 7
* English League Cup --> max 7

7. Change TV rights prizes:
* Brazil from £150,000 --> £4,000,000
* Argentina from £500,000 --> £2,500,000

8. Add Montenegro to the database including its cities, clubs and players.

9. Move Australia to Asia, Mongolia will be excluded from Asia, Timor will replace Australia in Oceania.

10. Points deduction:
* Luton -30.
* Rotherham & Bournemouth -17.
* Darlington -10.
* Treviso -4.
* Avellino & Potenza -3.
* Venezia & Juve Stabia -2.
* Cisco Roma & Manfredonia -1.

11. Fixture dates:
Setting summer break in the Russian leagues from May 15th to July 5th.

Patinoz
21-02-12, 01:13 AM
Tapani, I've tried putting my own tactics into the game for the AI to use like your patch does, but I can't get them to work?

How did you do it?

Patinoz
21-02-12, 01:13 AM
"Tapani
16-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Curiously, I have spent the last week looking at this very thing.

No you cannot just rename the .tct files, however CM has a built in conversion utility (needs a hex editor to unlock :-). Also the names of the .pct files are hard coded in the executable.

The formation selection works roughly like this:
- all managers has a favourite formation number: 0,1,...,9 in the database (in the editor seen as choices 4-4-2, 3-5-2 ...)
- for each of these nine CM has hardcoded the look of the tactic on the overview screen (4-4-2, 4-5-1, 3-4-3,...). This look includes where on the overview the players are, so 4-1-4-0-1 is not 4-5-1.
- when selecting the tactic, the AI goes through the loaded .pct files and looks for one that looks like the managers favourite on the overview
- once tactic is selected the AI choses mentality, marking style, passing style, pressing based on the managers attributes (attributes Attacking, Marking, Directness, Closing down(?))

One of my hopes for the future is to release a patch+database, where I have:
1. The AI uses the best formations I have been able to find (have benchmarked som 3000 of them)
2. Fixed the number of teams in many leagues (italy, france, holland, ...)
3. Fixed the names of some leagues (England)
4. Other numerous fixes that requires changes both in .exe and database

However this is a lot of work, so who knows if this will ever be completed.. also I do have a lot of other stuff to do (school/work/gf/friends)

//Tapani"

Elliott
18-04-12, 07:20 AM
Where is this zozoa addon? Does it come automatically with the tapani patch? Or is it downloaded separately, in which case I couldn't find it in the downloads section.

Also, can the coloured attributes and shading of players & staff search screen be applied separately (i.e. has anyone developed this patch on its own)?

Fods
18-04-12, 07:48 AM
The Zozoa add on is no longer a seperate tool, from what I recall it was integrated into the latter 3.** patches

U can add the colored attributes by using the 2.** version patches

Elliott
18-04-12, 09:13 AM
But I have the 2.19 patch and isn't that needed for the 3.9.68 with March 2012 ODB for compatibility issues? So does this mean I cannot have all of the above and zozoa too? I would quite happily have zozoa without Tapani,

I was wondering if I could apply the coloured attributes separately, i.e. without the Tapani patch. Basically, has someone developed it on its own in its own right.

Fods
18-04-12, 09:17 AM
The 2.19 patchis not NEEDED for the ODB March 2012, its an ADD ON if you like. No problems with compatibility.

Zozoa is added into the 3.** version of the patches and is not seperated.

John Locke created a tool that amends Colored Atts alone, its in the Download section

Elliott
18-04-12, 09:54 AM
Sorry, I'm not making myself clear. I know Tapani is not needed with the ODB, its an option, but I thought 2.19 was needed not 3.x because 3.x was causing problems? Or have I gotten that wrong?

So Zozoa is not available on its own?

And thanks, I'll look for Mr Locke's tool.

Dermotron
18-04-12, 09:57 AM
3.12 is a patch used to create specific type of database i.e. a 'Tapanified Database'. It can't just be applied to any database

the 2.xx patches can be applied to any 3.9.68 database (Game+Official SI Games Patch)

Fods
18-04-12, 09:57 AM
no patches are NEEDED for a normal update. The 2.** versions are add ons to a database, where as the 3.** versions are databases and add ons all wrapped in one.

If you can find one of the very old Tapani patches then yeh but they have since been integrated and I really not sure if the zoz add on works on its own... werent u asking all this in the SB the other night?

Elliott
18-04-12, 10:23 AM
3.12 is a patch used to create specific type of database i.e. a 'Tapanified Database'. It can't just be applied to any database

the 2.xx patches can be applied to any 3.9.68 database (Game+Official SI Games Patch)

Okay. I note that the 3.12 patch is designed to start in 2010. Does it have up to date squads like the March ODB or even September? Or does it have original squads and just designed to start in 2010?

no patches are NEEDED for a normal update. The 2.** versions are add ons to a database, where as the 3.** versions are databases and add ons all wrapped in one.

If you can find one of the very old Tapani patches then yeh but they have since been integrated and I really not sure if the zoz add on works on its own... werent u asking all this in the SB the other night?

I don't know what the 'SB' is but it wasn't me as I've never asked this question before this thread :)

Dermotron
18-04-12, 10:31 AM
SB = ShoutBox

No the 3.12 patch needs to applied to a database, so take a 3.9.68 DB, up-to-date if you like, doesn't matter, and do this to make it work - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?67-Guide-How-to-prepare-a-quot-Tapanified-quot-database

Elliott
18-04-12, 10:41 AM
Okay, thanks for your help. That looks an awful lot like hard work, I think I may stick with just the March ODB for now at least. This means I need to find John Locke's tool, which unfortunately I couldn't find in the downloads section. I tried doing a general google search but its problematic when the person you're searching for is also the father of classic liberalism and a charcter in Lost!

Actually, I've just realised, I can just apply the Tapani patch after I have prepared my save game, to get the same result. Sorted.

Dermotron
18-04-12, 10:52 AM
Downloads > Tools > Flex - its a package of programs, I think one is color changer but that may be to team colors as opposed to attributes

Fods
18-04-12, 01:14 PM
Lovely stuff lovely