PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2012

Cafcjgreen
20-03-12, 07:43 PM
Post anything to do with Football Manager in here :)

Cafcjgreen
20-03-12, 08:08 PM
Arsenal - Season 1

Players In
Aly Cissokho - £11.5m
Lucas Moura - £22.5m
Maxime Gonalons - Season Long Loan
Michael Owen - £925k

Total - £34.925

Players Out

Manuel Almunia - Real Madrid - £1m
Tomas Rosicky - Osasuna - £500k

Total - £1.5m

I tend not to take part in pre-season and just let my assman in this case Pat Rice handle the friendlies whilst I do the fun stuff such as deciding on tactics and which players to buy.

The formation and starting lineup I decided on was a defensive 442:

GK
LB CB CB RB
DM
CM
AML AMR
ST ST

I had an excellent start to the season going unbeaten in my 1st 12 competitive games although we conceded a total of 11 goals during these games which isnt excellent when you're playing a defensive formation :lol:. Next up I was away to Manchester United in the PL, at this point United had conceded just the 1 goal so I wasn't expecting a good result but I didn't see us being demolished 4-0 with them having 63% possession.

As a result of this game I decided to change formation to try and stop us leaking so many goals:

GK
LB CB CB RB
CM CM
AML AMC AMR
ST ST

Since this change in formation we have improved majorly and we are currently on a 19 game unbeaten run which includes winning the last 11... I am also in the League Cup semi finals against Everton and I fully expect to win this game. We are currently sitting in 2nd place in the PL with 20 games gone... 1 point behind United who have a game in hand but 8 points clear of Spurs in 3rd place.

January Transfer Window - So far

Players in

Junior Hoilett - £8.75m

I wasn't going to buy Hoilett yet but Napoli had a bid accepted for him so I thought I should do it before it was too late...

Strikers

From the start of the season Theo Walcott has been scoring for fun and when I switched to 1 upfront it had to be him who started ahead of RVP, sadly Theo suffered a torn groin muscle which would keep him out for 5-6 weeks... This meant he was replaced by RVP but in his 1st game since replacing Theo, he suffered a thigh strain and had to be replaced in the starting 11 by Michael Owen. Owen has been excellent since leading the attack and has scored 5 in 4 during Theo's and RVP's absence.

Theo Walcott 24 games - 14 Goals - 8 assists
Michael Owen 21 Games - 10 Goals - 1 assist
Robin van Persie 22 games - 9 Goals - 5 assist

Mervmeister
20-03-12, 08:12 PM
V.nice summary mate, keep it up.
Sure to push Utd all the way with the kinda form your in.

How has Lucas Moura been so far?

Cafcjgreen
20-03-12, 08:17 PM
I doubt it :lol: They rarely concede(3 goals in 19 games) so can't really see me catching em :(

Lucas - 18 games - 4 goals - 7 assists - 1 MOM - 7.35 avg rating... Been in team of the week 3 times and won Young Player of the Month twice.

Mervmeister
20-03-12, 08:30 PM
Ah nice perfromance from him then, he will only get better as well

Cafcjgreen
20-03-12, 08:46 PM
Yeah he is slowly improving as well which is excellent to see :)

Also just lost in FA cup 3rd round which is a disappointment as I wanted to win both domestic cups this year... guess It'l just have to be the 1 then ;)

Mervmeister
20-03-12, 10:02 PM
Before I go to far, just explaining why I have posted it here and not in Football Manager thread.

As you can see am writing a story based on FM12 and don't want to have to go through whole FM thread every time I want to update it. Want to keep it seperate from the Football Manager thread so that you can see whats part of the story and what isn't.

So please don't move this kind people.

Many thank you's,

Lee

Mervmeister
20-03-12, 10:17 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/6pqjx0.png

Huddersfield Town have appointed rookie Lee Freeman as their new manager following the departure of Simon Grayson due to personal reasons.

In an interview with the local press Freeman had the following words to say,''I am absalutely delighted to be hired as the new manager of Huddersfield Town''
''I believe this club can go on to achieve great things and hopefully with my guidance it won't be long before we get to where we belong''

Do you think the current group of players can gain promotion?
''I believe the squad has great depth and a mixture of youth and experience, with a couple of players to be added to the existing squad to lend a hand I believe we will be able to push for promotion this season''

Any early indications on potential new signings?
''I need to chat to the lads and take a few training sessions before making any decisions. I am sure the current group of lads have something to prove and will only be bringing in the right players, if needed''

Mervmeister
20-03-12, 10:37 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2qd29ee.png

Today is my first day in charge of Huddersfield.
Nervous, excited and full of optimism I call the lads together for a team meeting.
I let the team know that this season I want us to gain promotion, after soooo many nearly attempts in recent years, this year had to be the one.

Time to see what these lads are really made of then, let the frst training session commence.....

http://i44.tinypic.com/21jxde0.jpg

After an intense training session I now have a good idea as to which lads REALLY want to succeed this season. Some players looked off the pace but the majority looked as if they wanted to impress their new manager as you would expect.

2 players really stood out to me and I believe these 2 will have a big say in how our season pans out.

http://i41.tinypic.com/oibom1.png

Rhodes - Seems to be the main man at this club. His finishing ability is as good as many players withing the Premiership and I am convinced that he will fire in the goals to give us a genuine push for automatic promotion.
I plan to use him in a lone striker role, getting on the end of any crosses and through balls, also picking up on any scraps. Will use him as a poacher.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n8a3v9.png

Ward - Still very young but a real talent. If we can keep hold of him then he will provide us with a real threat from out wide.
With a license to roam from out wide he could be deadly. Left footed player cutting in from wide right, I expect him to get his fair share of goals and assists.

Likely formation and line-up (without signings)

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dh925g.png

Fods
20-03-12, 11:23 PM
Feck off to FM12 forum ya goose

churky
21-03-12, 09:42 AM
I'm playing a save with Vauxhall Motors. :)

Season 1 - won Blue Square North
Season 2 - won Blue Square Premier + FA Trophy
Season 3 - 6th in League 2, lost in play-off semis
Season 4 - won League 2
Season 5 - won League 1 + Johnstone's Paint Trophy
Season 6 - won Championship
Season 7 - 10th in EPL + FA Cup runners-up

Every year I've had the smallest budget by far in the respective league, but my scouts managed to find some nice freebies along the way. After the first season, the board decided to build a new 4k stadium and went into the red for about 1m. As a result, we went into administration and the FA deducted 10 points from us! Luckily, it was resolved after two months, the board managed to get a 15-year-loan to pay off our debt.

Also, I'm using the first tactic I made from scratch, it's a 41212. I have two variations, one more aggressive and the other more defensive, so I switch between them during a match.

The stadium is being expanded right now (although it'll still be very small - about 10k) and the youth facilites are being built as well. After that, I'm hoping the board will agree to build new training facilities because I have some tasty youngsters my scouts claim have the potential to become leading EPL players. :) One of the things I like about FM is that you really have to develop a youngster, i.e. proper customized training, tutoring, enough playing time, but not too much, depending on their age etc. In CM 0102 you just buy youngsters and wait, you don't work on their development per se.

If you know what you're doing, you can easily do a rags-to-riches CM-style, no need to play for 20 seasons in order to reach the EPL from the bottom. :ok:

m0ri
21-03-12, 11:37 AM
The problem for me is that I usually don't know what I'm doing.

I started off in FM's deepest possible slumhole, which is the bottom league in Northern Ireland. Took over Lurgan celtic, and relegated for the first time in my CM and FM career, goddamnit. Took over the Alto Adige job in Italy, managed to eventually finish second and promoted, then left for Northern Ireland once more, where my reign as Glenavon manager turned out to be a disappointment, so I resigned.

Currently I've picked up the Skärhamns job in Swedens lowest possible league, I was to battle bravely against relegation but I got promoted after 21 games.

Curious to what the new season brings me.

I employ the oldschool LLM rules, I play a 442, I find staff by placing job adverts, I find players by looking at the reports my scout give me. I do not scour through teams or Player Search to find players. Challenging but I need that to keep things interesting. Taking over a top flight team bores me before pre-season is over.

Mervmeister
21-03-12, 01:37 PM
Please dont bother moving my story, just delete it if your going to be complete nobs!! Get a life seriously!!

ebfatz
21-03-12, 02:40 PM
I kinda see your point but on the other hand was it not in the gaming section?
If you had stuck it in the Stories section you would have been on better ground I'd say.
That said, it's not my call so............

Mervmeister
21-03-12, 02:42 PM
Got told last night it would be ok to stick it here. They didn't think it would be accetable to have it amongst cm stories etc which I udnerstand.
But why be soooo bloody petty and move a thread that is causing any trouble to anyone. No doubt the person who moved it doesn't even usually use the gaming thread, plain childish IMO.

ebfatz
21-03-12, 02:48 PM
Stories go with stories surely?
As long as it was titled an fm12 story that shouldn't matter.

Anyway, I don't know what's gone on so can't really say anything else.

Mervmeister
21-03-12, 02:53 PM
Got told this is a cm0102 forum, so pretty much not welcome.
Yes I understand that, but do they really believe that everyone on this site is here to play cm0102 and not have a bit of banter?
Ah well

Craig Forrest
21-03-12, 03:29 PM
Sorry mate... I told you that I wouldn't have a problem with it but I'm not in charge here......

although I still don't understand why you need to post an FM story on a CM0102 site.... if you want to talk FM in the chatbox or in the FM thread that's fine... no one is going to stop you.... but just remember that this is a CM0102 site, we put a lot of work into what goes on here, and people get annoyed and/or insulted when they see people bashing 0102 and promoting FM.... if you want to constantly talk to others about how great FM is, there are plenty of FM sites out there

Mark
21-03-12, 04:11 PM
Wasn't me that moved it but I don't see why you'd be writing a story about FM in a CM 01/02 forum. Do you see me writing about my FIFA games there?

You may be in a group that has left CM behind and now plays FM but there are plenty left that still do (emphasised by the fact that 3,508 members have re-registered to the site in just 2 weeks).

If you wanna talk FM, then surely it's enough to be chat about it in its own thread? :ok:

info0
21-03-12, 05:49 PM
I tried to do the same last year and year before. Seriously, I see more and more sites getting FM sub forums, because it's fucking great game.

Only this site is stubborn to the bone about it. I can understand this. You are afraid people will turn to FM side and no-one will play CM0102 anymore. I don't really care how many people re-registered. Those are just the numbers (you don't even know how many of those are real accounts which are being used). How many of those people play CM regularly? How many of our staff members still plays CM on daily basis? Even you, Mark, said that you would consider buying FM for the first time, because World cannot revolve around CM all the time... ;)

Grow up, see the World outside CM, it's much more beautiful than people think. CM has got past it's prime imo. You can see how old it got and how limited it has become.

:D. But who really gives a damn. I am here only for banter and music threads :lol: and some are just fun to be around ;).

Craig Forrest
21-03-12, 05:59 PM
I tried to do the same last year and year before. Seriously, I see more and more sites getting FM sub forums, because it's fucking great game.

Only this site is stubborn to the bone about it. I can understand this. You are afraid people will turn to FM side and no-one will play CM0102 anymore. I don't really care how many people re-registered. Those are just the numbers (you don't even know how many of those are real accounts which are being used). How many of those people play CM regularly? How many of our staff members still plays CM on daily basis? Even you, Mark, said that you would consider buying FM for the first time, because World cannot revolve around CM all the time... ;)

Grow up, see the World outside CM, it's much more beautiful than people think. CM has got past it's prime imo. You can see how old it got and how limited it has become.

:D. But who really gives a damn. I am here only for banter and music threads :lol: and some are just fun to be around ;).

No one is "afraid" info0...... we have a site here dedicated to CM0102..... yes there are various sub-forums in the Playground area for different, non CM0102 related topics..... but come on.... if some one really wants to go on and on about Skyrim, they'll go to a Skyrim forum..... if some one wants to discuss how awesome the latest Ferrari is with people who feel the same, then they'll go to a car or ferrari-specific forum..... if FM is a great game, then cool.... I'm happy you enjoy it... now go away and talk to people on an FM-specific forum or a general football manager game forum..... don't come to a CM0102 specific forum and try to get it to change away from it's purpose

and of course the game is old and limited.... it was releasd more than 10 years ago..... but this site is for it, not other games..... FM talk should stay in it's own thread where it belongs

....or do you think we should have a separate sub-forum for all the other PC games you love too and turn this into a games forum?

Mark
21-03-12, 06:00 PM
Only this site is stubborn to the bone about it. I can understand this.

Well, erm... It's a CM 01/02 website...!

You are afraid people will turn to FM side and no-one will play CM0102 anymore.

I couldn't care less whether people "turn to FM side" - It means nothing to me. Everybody has their own taste and prefer to play other games, fair enough. FIFA has it's own thread here. COD has its own thread here. Why should FM be any different? It's not as though FM is completely banned throughout the website, is it?!

Those are just the numbers (you don't even know how many of those are real accounts which are being used). How many of those people play CM regularly? How many of our staff members still plays CM on daily basis?

Ah, that's right - I completely forgot that you know absolutely everything about anything each and every single member here does. What a ridiculously stupid comment to make, info0! Facts back up what I'm saying. Want another one? 3,909 - The number of downloads that the latest update has had.

Even you, Mark, said that you would consider buying FM for the first time, because World cannot revolve around CM all the time... ;)

WTF - I have no idea where you've got that from because I've never, ever said such a thing! You come out with some bullshit but to say that I've said something like is mental!

Grow up? Maybe it's you that should grow up and realise that this is a CM 01/02 website!. If you want FM forums, why don't you go to one of them? At the end of the day, this place has one purpose and one purpose alone - To serve CM 01/02.

Jesus wept! I'm glad I don't run this site anymore and don't have to bite my tongue anymore when complete fuckwits like you start posting drivel.

Mervmeister
21-03-12, 06:16 PM
Must point out it was not me who even mentioned a sub forum!! People twisting that as well!!
All I asked last night was if anyone would mind if I done a FM story. I did not request a sub forum but asked if I could post a seperate thread this once in the gaming thread to keep my story away from the manin FM thread to make it easier to follow. Was a simple question, not even a suggestion.
Thought it would be more respectful to post it out of the way in a 'gaming thread' which lets face it hardly ever gets used, instead of in amongst all the cm stories, that IMO wouldn't be fair.

Pretty much everyone who was online last night said they personally wouldn't have a problem with it other than Pat.
We discussed the situation and then I started my story.

Yes this is a cm0102 forum but I don't see the harm in writing a fm12 story for those on this site to follow who do actually play the am game. Its not in any way bad mouthing cm0102, just wanted to share my story on here for those who do actually want to read it. Don't want to read it? fine.

Craig Forrest
21-03-12, 06:29 PM
Like I said earlier and last night ... I had no issue with you doing an FM story, I just wondered why you would on a CM forum.... do the FM forums suck so much that you want to do it here instead?

..... I also figured a blog post might be better than starting a new thread because once you start, others might as well and that will clutter up the area.....

Mark
21-03-12, 06:40 PM
I'm not having a go at you, Lee. It's the words of info0 that has got me started.

Mervmeister
21-03-12, 06:40 PM
The FM forums are great for most things, but there are soooooo many members on the good boards that you never really form a friendly bond with people.
Always loved this site for banter.

Blog may be a good idea, but didn't even know they existed lol

Scooterfan
21-03-12, 06:41 PM
Using a blog might be the best option Lee, you can update it at your leisure then.

Info0 - jog on with your shitstirring :ok:

Cafcjgreen
21-03-12, 07:42 PM
For me I am happy with just posting updates much like the "How are you doing thread" but in here, however Lee wanted to do a proper story and obviously it's difficult to keep track of a story without it's own thread... I appreciate what people are saying about going to an actual FM forum but the reason we'd rather discuss FM on this forum is because of the community as a whole.

WelshRed
21-03-12, 08:05 PM
Don't panic, it's an Internet forum...

I will not tolerate comments like that on here info0, you are not a stupid bloke and I will not treat you like one, all I ask is that you appreciate the "community" and it's hard work and respect it without bashing the forum or the game. I would like to see what FM manager communities will be around 10-years after its release (individual game).

Feel free to discuss FM all, but nobody will appreciate CM slagging of the game or the community.

Have a nice night all!

LR
21-03-12, 08:05 PM
For me I am happy with just posting updates much like the "How are you doing thread" but in here, however Lee wanted to do a proper story and obviously it's difficult to keep track of a story without it's own thread... I appreciate what people are saying about going to an actual FM forum but the reason we'd rather discuss FM on this forum is because of the community as a whole.

I couldn't agree more :ok:

ebfatz
21-03-12, 08:26 PM
A blog sounds like the best idea. I'd forgotten about them to be honest.

Topofthekop
21-03-12, 08:43 PM
Like I said earlier and last night ... I had no issue with you doing an FM story, I just wondered why you would on a CM forum.... do the FM forums suck so much that you want to do it here instead?

..... I also figured a blog post might be better than starting a new thread because once you start, others might as well and that will clutter up the area.....

Yep the FM forums pretty much suck. There isn't the familiarity with people like you have here, you dont really get to chat properly like we do here in the shoutbox..

But yes Its a CM0102 forum dedicated to what in my eyes is the best football management simulation ever made. Yes FM may have lots of fancy dan shit (think CR7) Whereas CM0102 is the old time pro who has worked their ass off all their career (Yr carraghers, scholes, giggs etc).. It may at times feel a little outdated when you play it, and the competitions don't have the correct structure etc but damn even after all that I still have career games spanning 20-40 years or even more if I am enjoying my game.

Jesus
23-03-12, 06:26 PM
The problem for me is that I usually don't know what I'm doing.

I started off in FM's deepest possible slumhole, which is the bottom league in Northern Ireland. Took over Lurgan celtic, and relegated for the first time in my CM and FM career, goddamnit. Took over the Alto Adige job in Italy, managed to eventually finish second and promoted, then left for Northern Ireland once more, where my reign as Glenavon manager turned out to be a disappointment, so I resigned.

Currently I've picked up the Skärhamns job in Swedens lowest possible league, I was to battle bravely against relegation but I got promoted after 21 games.

Curious to what the new season brings me.

I employ the oldschool LLM rules, I play a 442, I find staff by placing job adverts, I find players by looking at the reports my scout give me. I do not scour through teams or Player Search to find players. Challenging but I need that to keep things interesting. Taking over a top flight team bores me before pre-season is over.

Lets get this thread back on track.

Much like m0ri I get bored of taking over a top flight team and also, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I just go off my scout recommendations and see how things go. So I've started with Guiseley in Blue Square Bet North and had a bit of a rollercoaster really. Employing a 4-1-2-1-2, I've played 19 games so far and sit in 9th place with 26 points. Form is so hard to find and I can go from winning 3-0 to losing 3-0. I think I might wait it out for this season, get rid of the rubbish over the offseason and bring in some talent (hopefully).

Mervmeister
23-03-12, 06:57 PM
Tough task ahead mate, bold team choice. Keep us posted ;)

Cafcjgreen
24-03-12, 12:05 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I won the League Cup beating Liverpool 2-1 in the final with the winning goal coming from Michael Owen :D... I also defeated Man Utd in the league with Owen once again scoring the winning goal which puts us 6 points behind with 8 games left.

Mervmeister
24-03-12, 12:43 PM
Nice work Cafc :D
Utd still being sods in league tho?

Cafcjgreen
24-03-12, 12:50 PM
Yep :ok: They've only lost twice all season with 1 of them being to me!... Conceded 8 goals overall :lol:

Mervmeister
24-03-12, 01:06 PM
wow crazy!!

Now starting my weekend long Huds game. Modeste is my only cash signing. Only had 200k to spend.
Signed Ilunga on a free for left back.

Cafcjgreen
24-03-12, 01:08 PM
TBH if I finish 2nd as well as winning the League Cup I will be happy with this season :)

Good luck mate, not getting Jari Litmanen in?

Mervmeister
24-03-12, 01:57 PM
Haha, no not gettng Litmanen in. Was tempted by Kezman tho, but decded not to lol

Cafcjgreen
25-03-12, 06:03 PM
Arsenal - End of season 1

I finished the season in 2nd place with United winning the league by 8 points, which isn't surprising seeing as they only lost 2 and conceded just 15 goals all season!... My main issue is the amount of goals conceded which was a total of 49, however seeing as we scored 105 goals in the league I can't moan too much!

Managerial Record - Overall

55 games played - 41 wins - 6 draws - 8 defeats - 142 goals scored - 65 goals conceded - +77 goal difference - 74% win ratio.

Key players - League

Lucas Moura - 34 games - 12 goals - 12 assists - 4 mom - 7.48 avg rating
Michael Owen - 34 games - 20 goals - 3 assists - 3 mom - 7.17 avg rating

Season Summary

Overall I am delighted with how the season went with us finishing 2nd in the league and winning the league cup, although I am disappointed in not advancing past the 1st champions league knockout stage. If we are to improve next season I need to improve the team defensively as we concede far too many goals.

Mervmeister
26-03-12, 02:09 PM
Nice season round up mate.
Good effort for sure, Lucas Moura done the business :)

Utd had a crazy good season it seems.

Jesus
31-03-12, 06:21 PM
So I finished my first season with Guiseley in a respectable 8th place, two places outside of the playoffs. Thankfully a lot of the contracts were expiring so I took the opportunity to prune the squad and build my own.

Out went the deadwood and in came a new breed of players. Three games in to the new season and I've drawn, won and won! So far so good :)

Mervmeister
01-04-12, 11:52 AM
Good work Jesus, keep us posted ;)

Jesus
01-04-12, 02:53 PM
Managed to string a 28 game streak together (without losing) which included beating York in the FA cup 1st round which sees us sit in 1st place by 7 points.

Currently hit a bit of a wall and lost two on the bounce to weak opposition. Hoping to get back on track though.

churky
01-04-12, 05:59 PM
I'm playing a save with Vauxhall Motors. :)

Season 4 - won League 2

Every year I've had the smallest budget by far in the respective league, but my scouts managed to find some nice freebies along the way. After the first season, the board decided to build a new 4k stadium and went into the red for about 1m. As a result, we went into administration and the FA deducted 10 points from us! Luckily, it was resolved after two months, the board managed to get a 15-year-loan to pay off our debt.

Also, I'm using the first tactic I made from scratch, it's a 41212. I have two variations, one more aggressive and the other more defensive, so I switch between them during a match.

The stadium is being expanded right now (although it'll still be very small - about 10k) and the youth facilites are being built as well. After that, I'm hoping the board will agree to build new training facilities because I have some tasty youngsters my scouts claim have the potential to become leading EPL players. :) One of the things I like about FM is that you really have to develop a youngster, i.e. proper customized training, tutoring, enough playing time, but not too much, depending on their age etc. In CM 0102 you just buy youngsters and wait, you don't work on their development per se.

If you know what you're doing, you can easily do a rags-to-riches CM-style, no need to play for 20 seasons in order to reach the EPL from the bottom. :ok:

Season 4 - won League 2
Season 8 - 8th in EPL + EURO Cup quarterfinals
Season 9 - 5th in EPL

http://i39.tinypic.com/16jo9c4.png

I'm relying on scouting the world for cheapish prospects because that's the only way I can compete in the future. It's hard work, though.

I was also Tunisia manager and lead them to African Nations Cup finals. A year later I resigned to become a new Russia manager. :)

youngwolf
01-04-12, 07:06 PM
Really into this now. Started a game with Borehamwood (because I noticed a coach on my course was their chief scout!). Finished tenth first season, and then 2nd in the next. Got offered the Scunthorpe job, I think because of how well I did in the cup getting to the fifth round and almost winning at White Hart Lane.

Finished tenth in my first season with them and now hoping to integrate a few youngf players in and get rid of the deadwood.

My team is:

Josh Lillis

Eddie Nolan
Scott Cuthbert
Paul Reid
Chris Sorensen (then Stephen Ward for latter part of season)

Michael O'Connor
Simon Mensing

Zeli Ismail (season long loan)
Daniel Pacheco
Bobby Grant/ Shane Ferguson

Mathieu Le Roux (loan from Arsenal)

Mervmeister
02-04-12, 02:23 PM
Pacheco - gr8 signing bud.
Let us know how you get on with Scunny, nice job offer early on that.

Mervmeister
02-04-12, 04:34 PM
Really in the mood for this now.
Gone for a completely different challenge this time. Tend to always go for same sort of clubs as in Norwich, Huddersfield etc.....

This time I have gone to the Blue Square Premier, the team of my choice are......... Cambridge Utd.

Reason: Not many football clubs near Norfolk. Norwich are only real team in Norfolk. Local teams are Ipswich and Colchester (Suffolk). Only other team around an hour drive are Cambridge. These are the teams that have always appeared on local sports updates.

Cambridge in recent years have fallen down the leagues and now seem content at Blue Square level.

Not going to be easy task at all, but want to get them as high as poss, preferably above all those other local teams.

Mervmeister
03-04-12, 06:41 PM
Update early on in my Cambridge Utd save.

Very tough start to this game, spent the first 10 league games 14th and below in the table. But last 5 games I really seem to have hit form.
All the tweaking of team settings probably hasn't helped. Could barely score at first and was playing poor. But last 5 games team seem to have found their feet. Settle on 4-5-1 with dmc, 2 mc's and aml, amr playing as wingers. Focus passing down both flanks as both wingers are fast, both supplying crosses for my striker. Seems to be working a treat now.
Currently sittin 4th in the league, but 7pts behind 1st placed team (only auto promotion place).

http://i43.tinypic.com/34g3adt.jpg

Transfers so far......
http://i44.tinypic.com/mv3fc5.jpg

Key signing so far.....
http://i41.tinypic.com/25rk120.jpg
Class above other players at the club, young lad who is already getting called up to u20 national team

Couple of free transfers I am really excited about getting in January, very good prospects.
http://i42.tinypic.com/zwjqd5.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/5wk10p.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zmph6w.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qncfpy.jpg

Think these guys will really make an impact!!

Mervmeister
07-04-12, 07:14 PM
Proper gutted :(

1st season complete at Cambridge Utd.
Finished 5th (playoff spot).

However lost 2-3 in playoff Final vs Wrexham :(

Fods
08-04-12, 04:50 AM
Took 4 days to play a season.... Will stick to cm Ta ;)

Topofthekop
08-04-12, 02:23 PM
Took 4 days to play a season.... Will stick to cm Ta ;)

Thats the only downside to it. I love the 3d match engine, hate the pre match and post match press conference shit, kinda like the agents offering you players (although it can get annoying when they offer you complete crap) and lastly I hate that all the big clubs try to steal yr players for as low as they can possibly pay, yet when you enquire about their reserves etc they quote silly money :lol:

Coys
08-04-12, 02:30 PM
Just got this, any tips for a new player? :lol:

Topofthekop
08-04-12, 02:37 PM
Just got this, any tips for a new player? :lol:

Leandro Damiao or Edinson Cavani - IF your someone with lots of cash!!!! Both are goal machines :ok:

Coys
08-04-12, 04:10 PM
Spurs... so no :lol:

Mervmeister
08-04-12, 04:52 PM
Fodster lol.
Didn't take four days to play my season, just over 12hrs for this one. Not one of these guys who play games all day every day lol. I just load it as and when I feel like it. I actually have a life other than bloody football games lol

Fods
09-04-12, 07:56 AM
:lol:

gazzas1uk
12-04-12, 05:55 PM
just finished my first season with utd, won the domestic treble and lost in the cl final to barca who had 2 goals from 2 shots on target :(

ebfatz
16-04-12, 12:56 PM
If you use Chrome, you can now download the handheld version to play on your browser on Google Play.

Ste117
06-05-12, 05:46 PM
On an old save I got Southport to the playoff final and lost 1-2 to Grimsby, late Elding goal, was gutted :( I feel your pain Lee with Cambridge.

JLa
07-05-12, 10:33 AM
If you use Chrome, you can now download the handheld version to play on your browser on Google Play.

How do you do this?

ebfatz
07-05-12, 12:22 PM
Go to google and across the top you should have a play option.

Search for Football Manager and there it is.

It is £6.99 though.
I haven't got it so can't tell you if it's any good.

EDIT: Actually having a look now it might just be downloading it to an Android phone not playing online which is not what I thought it would do.

info0
07-05-12, 05:30 PM
Antoholland is doing great FM12 series on YouTube, managing Wolves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9dSoKMC9h8&feature=g-all-u

His latest game. ;)

Must say, that he was brilliant FIFA player, now he turned to FM ;).