PDA

View Full Version : SIM-Team / Final SIM Update

Patinoz
23-03-12, 12:26 AM
Hey guys,

As some of you might have noticed, it got really quiet around Team SIM the last few weeks. This was mainly due to a severe lack of updating power and eventually frustration grew among the remaining Updaters since there is only so much time you can invest into CM due to your personal life etc. but it still wasn't enough to get everything up-to-date. This was a process starting almost a year ago and we have asked ourselves many times during that period if it's still worth the effort and if the SIM Team got a future.

To cut the long story short, the SIM Board has now decided that it's best to move on and disband immediately.

I'd like to thank all present and former Board Members, Updaters, Scouts etc. for their participation and many hours spent on providing the CM community with an enjoyable gaming experience. And of course, I'd like to thank mentioned community for all the support and feedback.

We will release a last DB with England, Germany, Brazil and some others updated but it will lack some transfers etc. in a few other leagues.

Final SIM Update: http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=69

Again, thank you for your support throughout the years and thanks to the chairmen Mark & WelshRed for giving the SIM Team a home the last few years.

Regards
The SIM Board

djole2mcloud
23-03-12, 01:04 AM
pitty...but quite understandable...thanks guys for everything...

wato20
23-03-12, 10:42 AM
Its sad to see an update team going...
:emptiness:

A massive thanks to anyone who has ever helped to keep this game going..

And I know there has been rivalry between Sim and ODB...
But i hope that we can all pull together to keep getting this game updated twice a year.
A fantastic effort by everyone on the SIM and ODB teams over the years.

I tip my hat to you all...
:hi:

Patinoz
23-03-12, 10:49 AM
you just wrote that cuz you wanted to show off your hat smiley at the end :lol:

djole2mcloud
23-03-12, 11:34 AM
will some of SIM updaters join ODB team now?

Fods
23-03-12, 11:42 AM

:lol:

Cam F
23-03-12, 11:58 AM

Like the battle between beta max & video one always survives. Cue younger members not knowing what either is :lol:.

Great work lads. Maybe some will join the obd side but I doubt it.

churky
23-03-12, 12:09 PM
On that note, does anyone know what happened to Blue Demon?

Dermotron
23-03-12, 12:10 PM
His girlfriends/wifes mother is very ill at the minute :(

churky
23-03-12, 12:13 PM
His girlfriends/wifes mother is very ill at the minute :(

:( Sad to hear it, how do you know? I haven't seen him on msn for quite a while, either. I miss ocassional chats with him.

WelshRed
23-03-12, 01:03 PM
He was back a few weeks ago to inform us... I don't think he has the time at the moment and I can't really blame him.

churky
23-03-12, 01:22 PM
:( Terrible.

MrBuckminster
23-03-12, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your hard work to the SIM guys. I played the SIM more a few years back. Would be nice if ODB could utilise SIM assets as we are all fighting for the same.

CM0102 FOREVER! :D

Jesus
23-03-12, 01:37 PM
Gutted to hear this news, always preferred the SIM-style updates. Congratulations and thank you for all the hard work you've put in to previous releases. I will definitely miss the updates.

Erkifino
23-03-12, 01:59 PM
I tip my hat to you all...
:hi:
I second that! :ok:

Like the battle between beta max & video one always survives. Cue younger members not knowing what either is :lol:.

HDDVD v Bluray :ok:
Get with it oldtimer! :lol:

Kevin
23-03-12, 03:20 PM
Sad news, good luck to all the guys who were in the SIM team in their future endeavours and thanks for the quality updates in the past.

Baz
23-03-12, 03:39 PM
Deems is currently caring for his sick mother in law, so will only be about now and again, you'll be able to catch him on msn at times too, won't say much more than that. As for team SIM it was inevitable as towards the end there were only 3/4 of us updating so it got a bit of a drag. What I can tell you is the EPL has had one major overhaul with player stats for the majority of the players, and I know for a fact Lucas worked his arse off for the Brazilian side of things. It was a fun ride whilst it lasted, and we had some cracking debates, especially at the start with the ODB guys :lol: It's all part of the history of this great website :D

Craig Forrest
23-03-12, 04:23 PM
I never really played SIM but I always understood the reasons that BD insited on doing things the way he thought best.... hopefully we can all become one big happy updating family again like the good old days :ok:

ebfatz
23-03-12, 05:12 PM
I never really played SIM but I always understood the reasons that BD insited on doing things the way he thought best.... hopefully we can all become one big happy updating family again like the good old days :ok:

Well said that man.
Never played it either but it was great to have the choice and the option.
Well Done to all that were involved since the inception of SIM through to the end. Great work which has not gone unnoticed.

lucasdm
23-03-12, 06:35 PM
I stood by BD when we split the teams and I still can understand his reasons for what happened. Shame that we couldn't manage that issue and continue with our powerful team that we had before SIM and ODB.

I worked really hard for SIM team just like FF, Baz, BD, Pat and many others. It's a pity that it ends like that, but our personal lives don't allow us anymore to spend many hours in front of the computer trying to figure out every single attribute of a player. It was a great journey after all.

LR
23-03-12, 08:39 PM
I've enjoyed a short stay with the SIM team, but it was an immense pleisure to work side by side for a while with these fellas. :hail:

A major thank you to those who welcomed me with their arms wide open when i felt the need to help the updating/scouting teams on a different approach besides posting random transfers. :hi:

We all gonna miss playing with the most accurate database attribute wise or at least, like some of you said before, having the choice to switch dbs.

Sometimes good things comes from unfortunate ones and it would be a shame if the existing updating team don't ask some of the former SIM members (if they're willing to of course) to be part of their crew. The next update and the game itself will benefit with that. :ok: These guys know so much about the game.

Thank you and keep up the good work wherever you are. :ok:

Goofy
23-03-12, 09:24 PM
The end of an era :( I'm gonna miss watching the banter fly between the two teams :lol: Kudos to the SIM team and all their helpers for the work they've put in over the last couple of years, you had your principles and stuck to them! The endless hours of updating must take their toll....... and with less bodies around to help i'm sure we can all understand the decision to disband.

I hope you're all planning on staying around though, you're pillars of the 0102 community and i'm sure the remaining team would appreciate any help you can provide them :)

merkezekrem
23-03-12, 09:54 PM
Figures how far i fell, hearing this here, now. I did some swithcing players between teams, after a great scouting from err, (sorry drunk), nikiforenko?

I think one team is better anyways.

Thanks for all the great work everyone.

It gets harder and harder as the original players are out and every fucking player is new.

Franz Ferdinand
24-03-12, 05:27 PM
I really enjoyed being a member of the SIM update team. Many many thanks to all who ever helped on our great updates!!

Dr.Football1
24-03-12, 06:59 PM
It was a real pleasure to work with You guys !!!

316'sRegen
25-03-12, 10:56 PM
Loved the tapanified versions of these updates, for playing with the 3.12 patch.

Sad to see these will be no more, Cheers guys for all the hard work :ok:

Vianna 24-05-1995
26-03-12, 11:49 AM
Always played SIM style. Very sad to see this happen. (this might be a good change to stop playing CM; it's so addictive...)

Anyway, thanks for all the updates you guys made! Really enjoyed them!

Trip
09-04-12, 09:21 AM
Oh, bad :(((((

I was always a SIM-mer at heart. Love the lower CA/PA and the effort you put into that more unpopular style of updating.

Pirovatis
15-04-12, 09:29 AM
I'd also like to thank all the guys that helped in the 2,5 years of SIM existence.

Growing older makes CM to fall down the priority list from a personal point of view.

Hope the new team reaches the levels of the before the Split one team.

I would like to play again an update at the level of Sep 2009, which was the most complete ever imo (last release before splitting).

I'll never forget the 7 hours straight online on msn trying to coordinate BD,Mark,Beez and zozoa in order to have the update and it's tapanified version released on time.

BeezerCeltic1967
15-04-12, 09:49 AM
I'd also like to thank all the guys that helped in the 2,5 years of SIM existence.

Growing older makes CM to fall down the priority list from a personal point of view.

Hope the new team reaches the levels of the before the Split one team.

I would like to play again an update at the level of Sep 2009, which was the most complete ever imo (last release before splitting).

I'll never forget the 7 hours straight online on msn trying to coordinate BD,Mark,Beez and zozoa in order to have the update and it's tapanified version released on time.

:boink: :nono2:

:lol:

spyda2
21-04-12, 12:07 AM
good day can someone please tell me which patch I can use for the SIM database? and thanks for all the hard work guys

Fods
21-04-12, 01:57 AM
http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=cat&id=4

heldheld
10-06-12, 09:39 PM
Can anyone tell me the differences between these two update teams?
What do they do differently and which do you consider best? (and why)

BeezerCeltic1967
10-06-12, 09:49 PM
1 had balls but no cock,
1 had a cock but no balls,

work that 1 out :ok:

Patinoz
10-06-12, 09:54 PM
The SIM Team disbanded a few months ago, so updates from now on will be the ODB-style. There won't be any more SIM updates with new squads etc. so you might as well get used to the odb-style. Feel free to play whatever though mate.

LR
11-06-12, 06:20 PM
1 had balls but no cock,

:rofl:

lucasdm
12-06-12, 02:35 PM
Basically the SIM Team had me and ODB not.

LR
12-06-12, 06:29 PM
1 had balls but no cock,

Basically the SIM Team had me and ODB not.

So, were you the cock or the balls? :D