PDA

View Full Version : UEFA European Championship CM Network Tournament

Tierney-LFC-1990
07-06-16, 06:04 PM
With Euro Champs fever gripping Europe's nations this summer, I thought it would be great to get a CM 01/02 network game going to celebrate the occasion.

Here's my idea...

We start a brand spanking new network game hosted by Mike (Offside Trap), using the Tapani 2.21.1 patch and the latest April 2016 data update.

Mike will holiday the game for a season and save just after the UEFA Champions League final, this will bring us nicely to the start of the UEFA European Championships build up. This will then give each player a few weeks to finalise their squads for the tournament.

The 16 teams that have qualified will be put on the forum and depending on how many we get sign up the strongest teams will be used. For example; if 8 sign up, then we will use the 8 strongest teams such as Germany, Spain, Italy, France etc. I could maybe do the draw live on a twitch stream or something.

The winner of the tournament will get an engraved trophy that I will pay for and send to the winner. Maybe the winner once they recieve it could then take a photo of them with the trophy and attach it to this thread so we can keep a history of winners.

Depending on the interest we could more than likely get this played out in a couple of 2 hour sessions on nights that would suit everybody.

There can be no use of wib wob and maybe (if this is possible?) we can get the saved game loaded up on the net so people can load it up in their own time and check out their nations form players etc and once you know your squad you can submit it in this thread. This will save time and get things flowing well once we kick off.

We definitely have 6 signed up for this already, with all 6 of the players playing 'The Big 6' network game up for it, but it would be great if we could get a few more reliable players to sign up.

I will leave the sign up open until Sunday night, so come Monday morning the sign up will be closed and we will get the ball rolling.

Games need to be played on the 'very slow' setting as this gives players a chance to tweak their tactics during the match, don't forget the Tapani patch makes even the slow option fast lol.

'The Big 6' network game will be put off until this has finished, to which it will then resume again.

Signed Up:
Tierney-LFC-1990
Offside Trap
PepeP
London35
Janis89
mjspurs
Ian Wood

Janis89
07-06-16, 06:23 PM
You can upload the savegame using sendspace

London35
07-06-16, 06:51 PM
yeah im in for this...

so no big 6 tonight then?

Janis89
07-06-16, 06:54 PM
yeah im in for this...

Big 6 should be on tonight - this Euro comp will start another day\week

Tierney-LFC-1990
07-06-16, 07:07 PM
yeah im in for this...

Yeah as Janis said mate. Big 6 tonight then the Euro comp will probably start next week.

Offside Trap
07-06-16, 07:54 PM
Sounds good, and the great thing is, we may well finish this in 1-2 session, so minimal risk of someone not making it.

316'sRegen
07-06-16, 08:49 PM
Nice work guys, i think i tried something like this for the world cup but we played the qualifications as well.

Will be looking forward to see which teams make it.

Trophy and all, great stuff :ok:

Tierney-LFC-1990
07-06-16, 09:27 PM
Nice work guys, i think i tried something like this for the world cup but we played the qualifications as well.

Will be looking forward to see which teams make it.

Trophy and all, great stuff :ok:

Nice one mate. You up for doing it? Your more than welcome if you can be committed to it? Shouldn't last more than 2 sessions I'd have thought.

Offside Trap
08-06-16, 09:33 PM
Okay Guys, have holidayed a year and the date is 21 May 2016, few days before the CL Final, had to make sure it was prior to countries selecting their squads for the Euro. 2 notable absentees from the competition are Holland & Belgium who both failed to qualify but have had a glance through the 16 teams in it, and its now down to the vote which we all consider as the big guns. As it stands, we have 7 players participating, ideally, 1 more would be perfect, so in no particular order, IMO , the giants we need to choose from are as follows

Spain

Germany

England

Italy

France

Portugal

Sweden

Czech R

The holiday year included many many league to generate alot more players for us to choose from, and the DB is at a maximum. Matt will look at the best way of deciding which players is gonna have which nation, i'm not sure how easy a stream is gonna be, but an idea, Chris aka 316'sRegen, he could assign a number to the teams we select as the big guns, then participating players, pick a number, and then at the end, he announces who will manage who - just an idea

The link below is a link to the saved game at the date I mentioned. As and when we all know which team we're gonna be, you guys can D/L it and scout your county for players, maybe make a list and then when we have the first session, you can go straight to them - what you think

The D/L has the game twice, once as is, and once zipped up, (I use WinRar)

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/dqNwW7%2B0EMFtUmLmuabEkg

What we really need to know now though is the essential order of teams, which we are going to pick numbers from, the list above is purely my opinion, and am happy to swap change whatever, as my last 2 I'm, not too sure of tbh - feedback welcome

Janis89
08-06-16, 09:43 PM
At first glance I`d change Czech R with Croatia

And would personally manage Turkey over Sweden (even though Zlatan)

Hoping to get one of these :

Spain

Germany

England

Italy

France

Offside Trap
08-06-16, 09:49 PM
Good points Janis -

316'sRegen
08-06-16, 09:57 PM
i do a stream every friday, if you want i'll stick numbers in 1 hat and names in another...

I'll be streaming during the france match on ustream/PS4

Offside Trap
08-06-16, 09:59 PM
Like the sound of that, am sure Matt will too, is there gonna be a link available?

316'sRegen
08-06-16, 10:05 PM
ummmmmm yes i'm sure that could be arranged.

the stream will come up on ustream if you search
"The Friday Beverage"
:D
but I'll be able to share a link here on friday night.

Offside Trap
08-06-16, 10:17 PM
Nice one Chris

Tierney-LFC-1990
09-06-16, 05:46 AM
Completely happy with everything said here lads :-)

But yeah if we change the Czech Republic with Croatia then we're good to go.

Tierney-LFC-1990
09-06-16, 05:52 AM
Spain

Germany

England

Italy

France

Portugal

Sweden/Croatia/Russia/Poland

If you put them 8 teams and the 7 players into 2 separate pots Chris but as 7 bits of paper for the 8 teams if that makes sense? That way if you draw Sweden/Croatia you have a choice out of the 2, with them being the weakest sides IMO. If we get an 8th player that would be fantastic as we could make Sweden and Croatia seperate picks in the draw, but if not, go with the above.

Tierney-LFC-1990
09-06-16, 12:00 PM
I've changed the rules on the speed of games:

Games need to be played on the 'very slow' setting as this gives players a chance to tweak their tactics during the match, don't forget the Tapani patch makes even the slow option fast lol.

London35
09-06-16, 09:39 PM
do we have to be one of these teams mentioned of can we choose another ...such as Wales or Rep or Ireland...or even Russia!

??

agree with all the rest

kruleone13
09-06-16, 09:48 PM
I want to sign up.
What should i do?

316'sRegen
09-06-16, 10:13 PM
kruleone, have you read the details on how to install Hamachi and get set up?

Have a look - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632 (this is for windows 7)

Once you get set up I'm sure the guys here will tell you the name of the group to join through a PM :ok:

London35 - I'm guessing you have checked the save and know that these teams are qualified. Tierney's the man with the plan so I'll make the draw and you guys can sort it out before the first session. Be sure to tune in at half time in the France game :ok:

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 05:57 AM
We'll stick with the 8 teams we've got mate, but what we'll do is if you get drawn these lot Sweden/Croatia/Russia/Poland (if Poland have qualified Mike?) you get a choice out of the 4 as their arguably the weakest sides. So Chris if you can stick them 4 in the draw as one pick that would be great mate.

Kruleone would be great if you could play mate but you need to answer Regen's question by about 5pm today because the draws being done, if that's the case and Kruleone wants to join and can then we'll split Sweden/Poland and Croatia/Russia as 2 separate picks.

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 09:18 AM
As it stands, we have 7 confirmed players, they are:

1) London35
2) Janis
3) Ian Wood
4) Morten
5) Pepe
6) Matt
7) Michael

Deadline is 5pm for new players to showcase proper interest for participating. I'm around most of the day and will therefore be online, if any help/assistance is needed. I can either guide you what to do, or Teamviewer it, but like Chris said - most Questions and Issues can be on answered on the link he posted - Windows 8, and 10 are just as straight forward

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 06:36 PM
OK guys the independent adjudicator has chosen hats 2 and 6 and set of paper balls "D"

At the halftime whistle a link will be made available :ok:

Let's get this show on the road :bounce:

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 07:19 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dbAP9sjNfvK

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 07:42 PM
Woop Woop

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 07:48 PM
Cant chat on it though

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 08:17 PM
OK guys the independent adjudicator has chosen hats 2 and 6 and set of paper balls "D"

At the halftime whistle a link will be made available :ok:

Let's get this show on the road :bounce:

Quality mate! :-)

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 08:35 PM
Forgot to mention, if the computer wins the tournament then obviously nobody wins the trophy and we just keep a history of the computer team that won it and maybe try another one down the line.

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 09:00 PM
cheers lads

allez les bleus

London35
10-06-16, 09:01 PM
London 35 - Italy
janis - france
morten - england
Ian wood - Spain
matt - Germany
michael - other
pep - portugal

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 09:02 PM
Chris that was phenomenal mate!! So, so exciting, absolutely loved that mate, what a legend!!
Can't wait for this!

Pepe - Portugal

Mikey - Sweden/Russia/Croatia/Poland

Matt - Germany

Ian Wood - Spain

Morten - England

Janis - France

London35 - Italy

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 09:07 PM
The plan now lads is for all 7 of us to obviously go into the save game and pick our teams. Submit them on this thread and obviously when we start we have to call them up as we have submitted on here. Hopefully a next Tuesday start if we can, around 9pm?

Janis89
10-06-16, 09:13 PM
I`ll be there

Fuckin stoked to get France

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 09:24 PM
Forgot to mention, if the computer wins the tournament then obviously nobody wins the trophy and we just keep a history of the computer team that won it and maybe try another one down the line.

if this happens Mark is closing the network forum :becky:

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 09:25 PM
It's 23 players that need to be called up lads.

So I would say, probably:

3 GK's
8 Defenders
8 Midfielders
4 Strikers

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 09:29 PM
i have another player for your games lads one of the guys that was drawing the teams, world class veteren champ manner ill stick hamachi on his machine to play with you.

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 09:36 PM
Ian Wood has signed up for the forum, he is Tackers79

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 09:37 PM
i have another player for your games lads one of the guys that was drawing the teams, world class veteren champ manner ill stick hamachi on his machine to play with you.

Would he deffo be reliable with it mate?

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 09:40 PM
Sounds good Chris, but im choosing....... CROATIA

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 09:41 PM
yes. he plays it two hours a day

Tierney-LFC-1990
10-06-16, 09:44 PM
yes. he plays it two hours a day

Quality mate! He can have one of Poland/Sweden. Tell him to get in touch with Mike (Offside Trap) and we can get him linked to hamachi. Looking at a next Tuesday at 9pm start if we can all do that? He would need to submit his 23 man squad on here mate.

Don't think Russia's even in it lol. So one of Sweden/Poland.

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 09:46 PM
Opening games in Euro 2016 - you cant script this

Group 1 - Ireland Vs Portugal (Pepe)
Other - C Rep Vs Denmark

Group 2 - Croatia (Me) Vs Germany (Matt)
Other - Ukraine Vs Romania

Group 3 - Spain (Ian) Vs France (Janis)
Other - Norway Vs Sweden

Group 4 - England (Morten) Vs Italy (London35)
Other - Armenia Vs Turkey

316'sRegen
10-06-16, 09:48 PM
and if you want some screenshots of the big 6 share the save :juggle:

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 09:49 PM
I was thinking that Chris, if it does require a 2nd or 3rd session, which I imagine it will, Ill share the save after each one on here

kruleone13
10-06-16, 10:27 PM
kruleone, have you read the details on how to install Hamachi and get set up?

Have a look - http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4632 (this is for windows 7)

Once you get set up I'm sure the guys here will tell you the name of the group to join through a PM :ok:

London35 - I'm guessing you have checked the save and know that these teams are qualified. Tierney's the man with the plan so I'll make the draw and you guys can sort it out before the first session. Be sure to tune in at half time in the France game :ok:

I have hamachi allways set up!

London35
10-06-16, 10:49 PM
my squad sorted!!

Offside Trap
10-06-16, 10:51 PM
Okay guys, all tested and sorted, and we have an 8th player,

From Bosnia, Mirza (aka Kruleone13) will be taking the reigns at Turkey for the Euro 2016 challenge

Chris is your mate still good, then thats cool, the more the merrier ;) im still hopeful of you coming outta retirement ;)

London35
11-06-16, 01:38 PM
so what day? time? are we all gonna be on to play this?!

be good to actually play and finish this while the euro 2016 is on!!! LOL

Offside Trap
11-06-16, 02:02 PM
Tuesday 9pm Uk Time is first session, now for me, Im free Wed night too, same time. If we get couple hours in for each, could and should clear it all up in those 2 sessions

316'sRegen
11-06-16, 02:17 PM
oh you mean for the euro game?
i dunno if he's in for that but i was saying, club games that are ongoing my mate will play, he is a champ man to the core.

I reckon he has probably double the cm0102 playing time that i do :D

The only reason i regen'ed was that i had to update his game for him :lol:

Offside Trap
11-06-16, 03:06 PM
Thats Cool Chris - since last night im playing with Ustream,

316'sRegen
11-06-16, 03:43 PM
i told you it was good :D

316'sRegen
11-06-16, 03:55 PM
guys, only advice but i would suggest you make the times hard and fast.
Agree the day and time of this in the thread and people aren't there they get holidayed.

What day next week can everyone commit to?

Offside Trap
11-06-16, 04:36 PM
We agreed, first session, Tuesday, 9pm, about 2 hour session, possibly Wednesday next one, I'd like to think we can nail this in 2 sessions

London35
11-06-16, 06:11 PM
im good for tues 9pm

PepeP
11-06-16, 06:43 PM
RUI PATRICIO
ANTHONY LOPES
BRUNO VARELA
DANIEL CARRICO
JOSE FONTE
CEDRIC SOARES
FABIO COENTRAO
JOAO CANCELO
PEPE
GONCALO BRANDAO
SILVIO
ANDRE GOMES
PIZZI
MIGUEL VELOSO
DANNY
RENATO SANCHES
DANILO PEREIRA
GELSON MARTINS
JOAO MOUTINHO
NANI
CRISTIANO RONALDO
GONCALO GUEDES
RICARDO HORTA

kruleone13
11-06-16, 07:29 PM
TURKEY SQUAD

Mert Günok
Harun Tekin
Cenk Gönen
Ahmet Calik
Semih Kaya
Kemal Tokak
Mahmut Tekdemir
Caner Erkin
Ishak Dogan
Ozan Tufan
Gökhan Gönül
Nuri Sahin
Topal Mehmet
Zeki Korkmaz
Turan Arda
Yunus Malli
Hakan Calhanoglu
Okay Yokuslu
Burak Yilmaz
Serdar Deliktas
Kazim-Richards
Beykan Simsek
Mevlut Erdinc

Janis89
11-06-16, 08:22 PM
316 said it - totally agree :ok:

Offside Trap
12-06-16, 10:21 AM
My Croatia Squad

Kelava
Subasic
Jezina

Vida
Lovren
Jedvaj
Vrsaljko
Corluka
Leskovic

Mocinic
Balic
Brozovic
Modric
Halilovic
Perisic
Rakitic
Rog
Muric
Pjaca

Milicevic
Budimir
Kalinic
Mandzukic

London35
12-06-16, 10:56 AM
do we have to stick with...

3 GK's
8 Defenders
8 Midfielders
4 Strikers

IRL managers can take who they want in their 23 man squad...some take more defenders some take less....some players play double posistions?

can i just pick any 23 I want?...

Tierney-LFC-1990
12-06-16, 11:03 AM
do we have to stick with...

3 GK's
8 Defenders
8 Midfielders
4 Strikers

IRL managers can take who they want in their 23 man squad...some take more defenders some take less....some players play double posistions?

can i just pick any 23 I want?...

Yeah mate, take whoever you want, that's your choice, that's just a basic outline.

Tackers79
12-06-16, 11:25 AM
David De Gea GK, Vincente Guaita GK, Migel Balenziaga DL, Hector Bellerin DR, Mario Gaspar DR, Inigo Martinez DC, Sergio Ramos DRC, Marc Bartra DC, Jaume Costa D/DM L, Javier Manquillo D RL, Gerard Pique DC, Victor Ruiz DC, Sergio Busquets DM C, Cesc Fabregas MC, Andres Iniesta AM LC, Juan Mata AM RLC, David Silva AM RLC, Asier Lllarramendi DMC, Isco AM RLC, Pedro AM RLC, Diego Costa FC, Fernando Torres SC, Sandro Ramirez SC

Janis89
12-06-16, 11:54 AM
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Janis89NOR/france.png

+ Giroud

Tierney-LFC-1990
12-06-16, 12:06 PM
Manuel Neuer - GK
Marc-Andre ter Stegen - GK
Bernd Leno - GK

Mats Hummels - DC
Robin Knoche - DC
Jonathan Tah - DC

Benedikt Howedes - DC or DR
Christian Trasch - DR

Marcel Schmelzer - DL
Emre Can - DL

Ilkay Gundogan - DM
Christoph Kramer - DM

Mahmoud Dahoud - MC
Toni Kroos - MC
Joshua Kimmich - MC
Sami Khedira - MC

Julian Draxler - AML
Max Meyer - AML

Karim Bellarabi - AMR
Leroy Sane - AMR

Thomas Muller - SC
Alexander Meier - SC
Stefan Kiebling - SC

Offside Trap
12-06-16, 12:20 PM
Jan - how long is Pogba out for?

Janis89
12-06-16, 12:34 PM
A couple of weeks - should be back in time for the Spain game :ok:

London35
12-06-16, 12:45 PM
GK Gianluigi Buffon Juventus 157 caps
GK Salvatore Sirigu D. Kiev 15 caps

DEF Leonardo Bonucci Juventus 59 caps
DEF Matteo Darmian Man Utd 24 caps
DEF Mattia De Sciglio Milan 25 caps
DEF Alex Telles Fluminese 0 caps
DEF Giorgio Chiellini Juventus 86 caps
DEF Domenico Criscito Zenit 22 caps
DEF Alessio Romagnoli Milan 2 caps
DEF Andrea Ranocchia D. Kiev 20 caps

MID Daniele De Rossi Roma 104 caps
MID Marco Verrati Juventus 18 caps
MID Claudio Marchisio Juventus 56 caps
MID Frederico Bernardeschi Fiorentina 4 caps
MID Giacoma Bonventura Milan 5 caps
MID Giovani Lo Celso Central 0 caps
MID Ricardo Saponara Empoli 0 caps

ATT Domenico Berardi Sassulo 0 caps
ATT Fabio Borini Sunderland 1 cap
ATT Lorenzo Insigne Napoli 12 caps
ATT Luciano Vietto Ath Madrid 0 caps (currently injured for 2 weeks - might not be included)
ATT Ciro Immobile D. Kiev 12 caps
ATT Graziano Pelle Roma 13 caps

Looks like Vietto cant be added....still injured when its time to pick squad...DAMN!!....so swapped with
gabbiadini

Buffon added...after impressing in the pre tournament camp

London35
12-06-16, 01:26 PM
http://postimg.org/image/56aolvm2z/

Offside Trap
12-06-16, 05:45 PM
WOW, only 2 keepers, like it

Viking79
12-06-16, 09:17 PM
Here´s my Swedish team for the upcoming competition!

Isaksson A
Olsen R
Carlgren P

-----

Lindelöf V
Augustinsson L
Olsson M
Jansson P
Olsson J
Milosevic A
Lustig M
Granqvist A
Johansson E

-------

Ekdahl A
Larsson S
Hiljemark O
Källström K
Lewicki O
Forsberg E
Durmaz J

------

Ibrahimovic Z
Guidetti J
Nyman C
Strandberg C

Reserves: Quaison R, Hrgota B

Offside Trap
12-06-16, 09:20 PM
Btw Guys, above is Peter (from FB) and he'll be taking Sweden

Offside Trap
12-06-16, 09:30 PM
Ok guys, just a quick summary of the game so far, we aim to have 9 players, thats right 9 players, luckily this should only be 2-3 session max. We've a couple of new guys want in, I should point out though, that come Tuesday, we kick off at 9.05pm pronto, anyone not making it, will not be entered, as we're on a time limit and have to be fair to each of us. Most os us have posted our squads, which will make Tuesday's opening session very straight-forward. Couple things pointed out, have a couple players on stand-by, as the save is 21st May, just in case of injuries between then and the date we have to call up our 23. If anyone wants to send me their tactic to put in, thats cool, but I cant stress enough about no WibWobs, and check your keeper

Pepe - Portugal

Mikey - Croatia

Matt - Germany

Ian Wood - Spain

Morten - England

Janis - France

London35 - Italy

Mirza - Turkey

Peter - Sweden

Baba - Denmark

316'sRegen
13-06-16, 12:02 PM
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh495/chrismatthewsbelfast/mills%20lane_zps0dyfgqpv.jpg

Offside Trap
13-06-16, 01:57 PM
I love Mills Lane - "Ill allow it"

mjspurs
13-06-16, 02:36 PM
Here is my England squad:

J.Hart
J. Butland
F.Forster

N.Clyne
P.Jones
J.Stones
K.Walker
R.Bertrand
D.Rose
G.Cahill
R.Shawcross

E.Dier
J.Henderson
D.Drinkwater
J.Wilshere
R.Sterling
D.Alli
R.Barkley
W.Rooney

H.Kane
J.Vardy
T.Deeney
M.Rashford

It`s coming home.....

Tierney-LFC-1990
13-06-16, 05:23 PM
Just a few pointers lads:

(1) Please make sure when you 'add manager' tommorow that you use your full name like follows; Matt Tierney. This will allow us all to know who's who, instead of nicknames etc and also makes it realistic.

(2) When we start the game tommorow, make sure your penalty takers are sorted out, because we're bound to see some of the human controlled teams in a shootout.

(3) Remember to have the match speed on 'Very Slow' ideally, 'Slow' at the very least (if agreed by both players). This will allow managers to make tactical changes in game.

(4) No Wib-Wob allowed whatsoever and please make sure you take your keeper off of Wib-Wob as soon as you get to the tactic screen.

Looking forward to it!

London35
13-06-16, 08:19 PM
LOL @ check the wibwob keeper!

fods any minute.....5...4...3...2...1.....

Fods
14-06-16, 12:15 AM
LOL @ check the wibwob keeper!

fods any minute.....5...4...3...2...1.....

No need is there.

316'sRegen
14-06-16, 01:05 AM
were you a wib wob keeper in a former life fods?

Offside Trap
14-06-16, 11:37 AM
It's getting near chaps - It's getting near - ;)

Tackers79
14-06-16, 12:03 PM
Ian Wood

Replacements Spain

Inago Martinez DC for Daniel Ayala DC
Jaume Costa D/DM L for Munir El Haddadi F RLC

kruleone13
14-06-16, 02:21 PM
READY FOR THE BATTLE!!!:cool:

Opening game vs. Armenia (Political -high risk game :) )

au
14-06-16, 03:46 PM
Is it too late to get involved, got the euro fever...

Janis89
14-06-16, 04:45 PM
What time we on lads?

Tierney-LFC-1990
14-06-16, 05:29 PM
Is it too late to get involved, got the euro fever...

Can you definitely get on at 9pm (UK Time) mate? If you can, then we may allow you, but your probably going to have to be Poland as their like the only strongest side left I think.

au
14-06-16, 05:35 PM
Yep time is fine tonight, looking at the teams I'll take Denmark if that is OK?

Tierney-LFC-1990
14-06-16, 05:39 PM
Yep time is fine tonight, looking at the teams I'll take Denmark if that is OK?

I think Denmark may have been taken mate. I'm not 100%. Keep checking your inbox on here, I'm going to get Offside Trap to message you on how you can meet us tonight.

Tierney-LFC-1990
14-06-16, 05:44 PM
Have you played online before Au and do you have hamachi set up? I'm told Denmark have been taken. Czech Republic and Poland haven't I don't think.

Offside Trap
14-06-16, 05:53 PM
What time we on lads?
9pm UK Time mate, catch you on Hamachi just before

- - - Updated - - -

Matt, you PM-ing au?

au
14-06-16, 05:56 PM
Setting hamachi up now, is there a list somewhere of all the teams that have not been taken yet?

Tierney-LFC-1990
14-06-16, 05:59 PM
9pm UK Time mate, catch you on Hamachi just before

- - - Updated - - -

Matt, you PM-ing au?

Mike, PM au and help him if you can mate, you know it all better than me.

Tierney-LFC-1990
14-06-16, 06:02 PM
Setting hamachi up now, is there a list somewhere of all the teams that have not been taken yet?

This is who's left mate. Sorry Poland aren't even qualified lol.

Ukraine
Armenia
Norway
Romania
Czech Republic
Ireland

Tierney-LFC-1990
14-06-16, 06:05 PM
You'll need to join this hamachi group au

Give him the following hamachi network to join and its password mate,

ChampManFb3

Password: online

au
14-06-16, 06:06 PM
Czech Republic I guess it is then...

Offside Trap
14-06-16, 06:09 PM
Guys, just a quick note

All of you, check you net connect, ensure its all working to its max. In the event of a boot for anyone, (Pepe I know this can happen to you) its important you don't just automatically join back in, just hold fire until I say its good to come back in.
Reason for this, if someone attempts to come back in after being booted Mid-Game, it can and will cause a crash, and with it being mid game, we will lose any time since the last save

I'll have weekly save on, but I think Ill manually save every other day or something, just to be sure, what you guys think?

The only time consuming part, in theory, should be at the start of tonights session when we're all selecting our 23, so time between clicks should be pretty minimum, so lets keep an eye on players waiting yeah

Lets not forget, it's only a game, "so put up a real big fight"

for those of you not understanding that, its the lyrics of a song from an old Tv show that used to be on :heh:

London35
14-06-16, 06:27 PM
No need is there.

It's called banter. Lighten up

I've heard that somewhere before!

London35
14-06-16, 06:31 PM
Can i just add....a suggestion

If there is a crash and games have to be replayed.....just go with the second result even if it means you lose a game you origionally won...

no bloody whinging...."oh but i won the game last time....its not fair...."

even if its a knockout game too!

same rule for everyone then....

Offside Trap
14-06-16, 06:34 PM
Okay guys, we've somehow hit 11 players, but I half expect 1-3 to no show, don't get me wrong, will be great if all attend, but we all have lives away from CM - well you guys do anyway. So list below is current participating managers

Pepe - Portugal

Mikey - Croatia

Matt - Germany

Ian Wood - Spain

Morten - England

Janis - France

London35 - Italy

Mirza - Turkey

Peter - Sweden

Baba - Denmark

Alex - Czech Rep

Totally agree about the results of a crash, 2nd time around results are final, all being well, that wont be the case

London35
14-06-16, 09:39 PM
and were off...

Early losses for Croatia and England put them under pressure!

316'sRegen
14-06-16, 09:45 PM
11 players :cheer:

one of the biggest games ever chaps. :hail:

you're probably going to anyway but stick the save up after and let us all have a nosey?

au
14-06-16, 09:56 PM
Bit annoying, after joining in at the last minute and spending quite a bit of time this afternoon looking through Czech players, that I had to abandon due to graphical issues. Perhaps people could have been a bit more patient...

London35
14-06-16, 09:56 PM
10 players....

316'sRegen
14-06-16, 10:04 PM
you left it a bit late goldy, (au is gold)this game has made me consider starting again though.i mentioned Dave who will play as well.

considering hamachi tomorrow, dave is callng to get his done.

Offside Trap
14-06-16, 11:00 PM
Im free tomorrow Chris - (wife away) just let me know

London35
14-06-16, 11:37 PM
Italy beats Turkey in final on pens after 0-0!

kruleone13
14-06-16, 11:49 PM
Great tournament guys! Harsh to lose a final on penalties, but had luck until then aswell! Sorry to see some guys had technical difficulties, but everybody who considers entering network games, should be good prepared and set up! Until next time! I think, TERRY and ME as finalists should be invited at the start!

BTW i am free every night and day, if you consider to set games up. I am a teacher and school is out here, SO BRING IT ON!!!

Offside Trap
14-06-16, 11:56 PM
They Think It's All Over? - It Is Now!

After a half hour delay for 1 reason or another, we got going at 9.32pm, and it's taken just over 2 hours to smash this torny in 1 session. It's been a blinder for all players, so congratulations for everyone involved, some of which, experienced players, some who have been out the game a while, and a couple, brand spanking new to networking, but its been a decent session and cracking torny

Congratulations to Italy (London35)

A remarkable run which saw him take his group by storm, and although it took Pens, he crossed the finishing linem, beating 5 humans out of 6 matches. A great run to the final from Turkey (Mirza) who scraped though the Quarters and then Semi's both on Pens, but ran outta steam at the last hurdle. Germany (Matt) and Portugal (Pepe) both doing well in reaching the Semi, whilst Croatia (Me) Spain (Ian) and France (Janis) all bowed out at the Quarters. It was an early bath for England (Morten) Denmark (Baba) and Sweden (Peter) who were all out in the groups

Couple Screenshots below of our champions

https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/%2FV5lhuP9zHvzxnWI58zkbOnZx1HTw1NY

The Save file below

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1kqtv1

Fods
15-06-16, 12:05 AM
It's called banter. Lighten up

I've heard that somewhere before!

Concentrate on your little network game, there's a good boy :decision:

London35
15-06-16, 12:10 AM
Concentrate on your little network game, there's a good boy :decision:

hahaha!

kruleone13
15-06-16, 01:20 AM
GROUP 4-TOUGHEST ONE
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j408/kruleone13/group%204_zpsxmmmuxue.png (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/kruleone13/media/group%204_zpsxmmmuxue.png.html)

QTR-FINALS
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j408/kruleone13/QTRFinals_zpswpz5mx4o.png (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/kruleone13/media/QTRFinals_zpswpz5mx4o.png.html)

SEMI-FINALS
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j408/kruleone13/semifinlas_zpsdy2tuks3.png (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/kruleone13/media/semifinlas_zpsdy2tuks3.png.html)

FINALS
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j408/kruleone13/finals_zpsvciypacq.jpg (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/kruleone13/media/finals_zpsvciypacq.jpg.html)

Tierney-LFC-1990
15-06-16, 05:50 AM
London35 PM me your address and I'll get the trophy out to you within a couple of weeks time. Congratulations.

Janis89
15-06-16, 07:59 AM
Congrats London35 - well done mate :ok:

Offside Trap
15-06-16, 08:41 AM
The boy did well, very well

A special mention to:
kruleone13

Did an exceptional job with Turkey

316'sRegen
15-06-16, 08:49 AM
Well done guys, Nice win London 35 and amazing work from kruleone13 with Turkey :ok:

The one-off game is a good idea then?
No real commitment to every week etc, done and dusted in a day.

Offside Trap
15-06-16, 08:57 AM
Yeah Chris - the fact we got it concluded in the 1 session, ensures we have no reason to holiday anyone etc..
It was a shame we lost the 11th guy, but in fairness, we were running 30 odd minutes late trying to sort, and had to make a call. Pressing continue was abit slow at first, but once we started getting rolling, was all good

We're looking at doing another 1 off of some kind, not sure what yet though

316'sRegen
15-06-16, 08:58 AM
Copa America is on at the moment :D

Offside Trap
15-06-16, 09:00 AM
Hmmmmm, Interesting, I didnt even think of that

Tonight it is then chaps ;)

As I've still got a save prior to Euros kicking off, we could use that

Janis89
15-06-16, 09:10 AM
I'm in

Offside Trap
15-06-16, 09:35 AM
Dont think the Copa is on, holidaying it beyond the Euro and not coming up, says the draw for it will be made in March 2019 hahah - Ill think of something

316'sRegen
15-06-16, 09:39 AM
That makes sense, sure the guys were saying in the chat yesterday that it's only on because of the 100 year anniversary, it was played last year so maybe 2014 start (if you want to play the quails)

Offside Trap
15-06-16, 09:43 AM
I'm considering......... an actual network game, to run alongside

The Major 3 of London35, Pepe and myself

and

The Big 6

or maybe, for those new, start a game?

Let me know your views on the whatsapp group, as am off now to a play centre with the little one

London35
15-06-16, 08:09 PM
Copa america sounds good...

just holiday the game to before the copa ....

and well go from there!!

au
16-06-16, 07:25 PM
I'd be up for a copa america network game. Out of interest, what resolution was the euro network game the other night, as wondering if this might have been the problem as running cm at 1386x768.

316'sRegen
16-06-16, 09:20 PM
yeah what's wrong with 800x600

:painkiller:

It's enough of a job to get everyone synced up on hamachi without that being an issue. Keep it basic.

Old School :smokin:

316'sRegen
17-06-16, 11:36 AM
I'm not trying to be ignorant au :ok:

I reckon it may well have been why you had problems though. When you connect to a game, you are accessing the data from the host's computer. If they have an 800x600 Pictures folder/setup, and your interface is different, it will certainly cause problems.

Don't get me wrong the graphics do definitely give the game a facelift and make it look like a somewhat newer game, they are a great idea and adding the options to the new patches makes it easy for everyone to use. When playing against the computer why wouldn't you do this?

I believe that if everyone chose the same resolution there would be no problem in using the higher resolutions for network games, but I also think that with networking it's best to just keep everything as basic as possible to avoid any little conflicts like this that will stop people connecting with each other.

Do the rest of the guys just stick with 800x600?
Has anyone tested the higher resolutions in a network game?

Offside Trap
17-06-16, 03:06 PM
I always play network game in window format regardless so it's easy to access Hamachi chat. Although I use 1024/768 res, its alot of hassle when going onto the desktop to send/receive messages, especially if someone has been booted for whatever reason, therefore making the CM Chat not an option

au
17-06-16, 04:17 PM
My fault really, should have thought about the resolution before as I've changed it quite a few times depending on which laptop I'm using. Will just have to make sure that in future I check beforehand what resolution the host is using, and use the same.

andreoli
19-06-16, 02:56 PM
Hey guys..I want to play with you..is there any chance ?

Tierney-LFC-1990
20-06-16, 05:18 PM
Hey guys..I want to play with you..is there any chance ?

Just PM'ed you mate.