PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Manager - Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mark
16-06-16, 12:40 PM
Please keep all general queries about Soccer Manager to this thread.

Cheers
Mark

Offside Trap
16-06-16, 12:51 PM
What about yesterday Mark, and the 1 you set up, or is this running alongside?

Mark
16-06-16, 12:52 PM
Thanks for your patience everyone. Sorry to make you all repeat the process of applying for a job in the new game world (and resigning from the old one!) but we should now have enough room to cater for all the regulars and the new faces that want to join in :)

Please stick to the rule of picking a team from the lowest division too :ok:

Any questions, please ask here!

Mark
16-06-16, 12:54 PM
What about yesterday Mark, and the 1 you set up, or is this running alongside?

The one from yesterday is history. I've released it from my control and asked everyone to resign from it. It's so that we can fit everyone into one game world rather than creating a waiting list.

It was all discussed at the end of this thread if you missed it: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8434

Kowalinho
16-06-16, 01:09 PM
No San Marino / Andorra / Malta team? :(

Mark
16-06-16, 01:10 PM
No San Marino / Andorra / Malta team? :(

Afraid not. San Marino are 200th in the FIFA Rankings. Andorra are 202nd and Malta are 166th. I've selected teams from the top 100 in the FIFA rankings as of today, as explained in the OP :ok:

Offside Trap
16-06-16, 01:12 PM
Have logged in Mark - what do I do with my old Zenit team as its still showing

Kowalinho
16-06-16, 01:13 PM
Afraid not. San Marino are 200th in the FIFA Rankings. Andorra are 202nd and Malta are 166th. I've selected teams from the top 100 in the FIFA rankings as of today, as explained in the OP :ok:

Okay :(

Fods
16-06-16, 01:18 PM
Have logged in Mark - what do I do with my old Zenit team as its still showing

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I will be creating a new game world today which means the one created yesterday will now be released. Everyone will need to resign from the teams that they had taken over in that game world.

The new game world will consist of 5 divisions with the theme of one club from each nation in the world being continued.

Apologies to all those who had gone to the effort of applying for a job in this game world. We simply hadn't expected so much interest in a new game world and ran out of space to include everyone. Creating a new one with 5 divisions should mean that everyone can now be included

As before, you are expected to take a team that is available in the lowest leagues with the objective of working your way up!

More details will be announced in due course (and another PM to all members to explain what has happen

Offside Trap
16-06-16, 01:20 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!

I will be creating a new game world today which means the one created yesterday will now be released. Everyone will need to resign from the teams that they had taken over in that game world.

The new game world will consist of 5 divisions with the theme of one club from each nation in the world being continued.

Apologies to all those who had gone to the effort of applying for a job in this game world. We simply hadn't expected so much interest in a new game world and ran out of space to include everyone. Creating a new one with 5 divisions should mean that everyone can now be included

As before, you are expected to take a team that is available in the lowest leagues with the objective of working your way up!

More details will be announced in due course (and another PM to all members to explain what has happen

Can't find the bloody Resign part :) :)

Mark
16-06-16, 01:22 PM
You'll need to log into the other game world as the Zenit manager.

Then click on the gear/cog icon in the top right and there's an option to 'Quit Club'.

Offside Trap
16-06-16, 01:23 PM
You'll need to log into the other game world as the Zenit manager.

Then click on the gear/cog icon in the top right and there's an option to 'Quit Club'.

Sorted, Thanks Guys,

Fods
16-06-16, 01:24 PM
Can't find the bloody Resign part :) :)

I'm struggling on the app, it's easy on the desktop site tho.

Can't wait for this

drkshadow1
16-06-16, 01:40 PM
How do we resign from the previous Job,

From first glance this website seems like an awful layout.

Fods
16-06-16, 01:43 PM
How do we resign from the previous Job,

From first glance this website seems like an awful layout.

http://i.imgur.com/Nt5QDDx.jpg

Mark
16-06-16, 02:03 PM
That is indeed how to do it with the old interface.

This is how to do it in the new interface which I'm using now: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8444&p=300722#post300722

ACossu
16-06-16, 02:56 PM
but lol do we really wait 17 days to play a game?

Mark
16-06-16, 03:29 PM
but lol do we really wait 17 days to play a game?

Looks that way :eek: There may be friendlies arranged in that time though, I think.

To be fair, I'd say we need at least a week to prepare anyway. There's the initial 48 hour transfer ban then it takes 24 hours for a deal to be completed. You may not get all your targets too so you need enough time to react to rejections and get a full squad together.

316'sRegen
16-06-16, 03:30 PM
you can offer people friendlies

Once you have players right enough :lol:

I think it kicks in 5-7 days before the league proper with computer arranged friendlies

Fods
17-06-16, 12:07 AM
That is indeed how to do it with the old interface.

This is how to do it in the new interface which I'm using now: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8444&p=300722#post300722

I still play old interface, the new one is fucking awful!

ebfatz
17-06-16, 08:26 AM
Haven't even looked at the new layout yet.

Mark
17-06-16, 09:06 AM
Since creating the new game world, I've stuck with the new interface. It's to get myself familiar with it as that's half the problem, as long as the option is there to return to the old interface, nobody will change.

DOGX
17-06-16, 02:21 PM
Hi,

I have signed up to play this and am looking forward to it but I am a soccermanager.com noob. Can anyone direct me to a decent guide to playing on this site?

Thanks,

316'sRegen
17-06-16, 02:39 PM
They have their own blog and things like that on the site but it's all very simple mate, no guide needed really :ok:

Craig Forrest
17-06-16, 03:09 PM
I've got the app on my tablet and phone so I don't know what new layout.... tbf, I haven't played SM in a year or so....

CMCZ
17-06-16, 08:31 PM
Will the 48 hours start after all divisions are full?

mcmackin
18-06-16, 02:52 PM
Mark,

Do all teams start with no players until we start making transfers and spending the 20m? Or does Barcelona start with the Barcelona team?

Barry

vollmagnet
18-06-16, 06:23 PM
Do all teams start with no players until we start making transfers and spending the 20m? Or does Barcelona start with the Barcelona team?

Everybody starts from zero without players. At least I hope so, because I've got no squad yet ;)

gpaul1978
18-06-16, 06:23 PM
When are the 48 hours up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdgmedia
18-06-16, 07:51 PM
The new interface is awful, I hope they let me keep with the old one long term.

crnibo
18-06-16, 08:47 PM
Is there somebody else experiencing the app slow and crashes sometimes??

Mark
19-06-16, 11:53 AM
It should be today sometime as it is 48 hours after the game world was created which was on Friday.

Offside Trap
19-06-16, 12:02 PM
Mark - how long before Im notified about a transfer offer that I've made?

316'sRegen
19-06-16, 02:00 PM
It's open now.

although "Sorry an unexpected error has occurred. Please try again"

is happening with annoying regularity :ranger::typing: :smash:

Talemaster
19-06-16, 02:08 PM
Spent 3+ hours building a shortlist because of the snail-pace...

I am now concerned about game performance on such server loads.
"unexpected error" messages are really annoying.

316'sRegen
19-06-16, 02:40 PM
Got a few bids in.

Looking forward to this, I've never seen a game with this many players :D

ahmed_1
19-06-16, 05:30 PM
I got that error message appear lot of times when I was using the app. I just ended up using the laptop to access the site and works fine when navigating through Transfers> Shortlist and other menus.

Only signed 2 players so far...and made bids for loads!

Offside Trap
19-06-16, 05:30 PM
How long does it take before the next stage of a transfer? I've made several bids here and there, some of which are players as free agent, what happens now exactly

316'sRegen
19-06-16, 05:34 PM
it gets accepted within about a day, then a day from then you get the player.

If more than 1 player bids for someone then all bids get accepted and then the highest one is usually where he will go to.

Erkifino
19-06-16, 05:43 PM
For the bidding, I'm not sure how it works as I put all my bids in around the same time. Some went through around 3 hours and 9 hours ago....

Offside Trap
19-06-16, 06:33 PM
Okay, thanks guys -

ebfatz
19-06-16, 07:01 PM
How long does it take before the next stage of a transfer? I've made several bids here and there, some of which are players as free agent, what happens now exactly

it gets accepted within about a day, then a day from then you get the player.

If more than 1 player bids for someone then all bids get accepted and then the highest one is usually where he will go to.

For the bidding, I'm not sure how it works as I put all my bids in around the same time. Some went through around 3 hours and 9 hours ago....

Example: If I bid for a player and no one else bids its around 24 hours til acceptance and then competition. If someone else bids on that same player, the 24 hours restarts and allows others o bid or the original to cancel and rebid for a higher amount.
As 316 says, it will be highest cash price that wins the day.

Offside Trap
19-06-16, 09:48 PM
Example: If I bid for a player and no one else bids its around 24 hours til acceptance and then competition. If someone else bids on that same player, the 24 hours restarts and allows others o bid or the original to cancel and rebid for a higher amount.
As 316 says, it will be highest cash price that wins the day.

Okay mate thanks,

jdgmedia
19-06-16, 11:14 PM
Thought I had got a few decent players together, but everything gone out the window today now other people have bidded for the same players!

The danger is ending up overpaying for players when there's very little budget to start with!

Redknapp69
19-06-16, 11:27 PM
better start bidding then!

duffyma
20-06-16, 07:06 AM
Got my first set of bids in, glad we have a good gap to the first games, I can see that there will be quite a scramble for players, and it may well take time to get a full squad together!

Good luck all with this, not played before myself, but looking forward to it.

jdgmedia
20-06-16, 09:43 AM
What happens to people who aren't clever enough to get 22 players with their budget? :)

316'sRegen
20-06-16, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I wanted that Keeper but I reckon the other guy will probably outbid me.

I've 26 ongoing deals at a cost of 22M because I know not all of the deals will be success.

fods has spunked his load on 10 players :eek:
What even happens there? scour the free list :noidea:

Fods
20-06-16, 12:05 PM
I still have a few hundred k left. Relax

drkshadow1
20-06-16, 12:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IzJlxgq.jpg

So i am officially in charge of CD Olimpia a team from Honduras, The first thing i have done when starting this up is balance my squad. I did not want to spend all my money recruiting only 12-15 players so as such i made a budget of 800k-1m per player. Now this may be incorrect as i see some quality players being snapped up.

However i am trying to go more towards a younger team who will get better with age. Sunday i started trying to get some players into my team. The first signing is complete a decent DL. I can not access the Tactic screen yet and hope that this is due to not having enough players.

I would like to wish all the players in Division 5 the best of luck and hope we can have alot of fun.

COME ON LOS LEONES

Fods
20-06-16, 12:39 PM
Yeh until you get enough players you can't see the tactic screen!

Fods
20-06-16, 12:45 PM
So many players resigning already....

316'sRegen
20-06-16, 01:40 PM
I think they took over Div 1 clubs, were probably expecting top squads and an easy job :D

DOGX
20-06-16, 02:46 PM
They have their own blog and things like that on the site but it's all very simple mate, no guide needed really :ok:

Okay, so, I think some kind of guide would have been helpful but I couldn’t find one... I was expecting some kind of contract negotiation or final confirmation for transfers. There wasn’t any! I therefore signed quite a few players I didn’t really want while I was offline :(

This resulted in me having to withdraw winning bids for Lampard and Evra, whom I would have loved to sign, in order to preserve enough of a budget to fill out my starting 11. Luckily, I should still be able to field a decent team of old men, assuming I can get my hands on a quality keeper.

However, this has me a little concerned:

What happens to people who aren't clever enough to get 22 players with their budget? :)

I am not going to be able to purchase 22 players! Is this a requirement? Are there any other squad requirements I should know about? And (as quoted) what happens if you can’t meet squad requirements?

What even happens there? scour the free list :noidea:

I didn’t see a free list anywhere, even the free agents expect at least 75% of their value!

Fods
20-06-16, 02:56 PM
There is a whole SM forum that answers each one of your questions above ;)

I'm In same boat tho with players, only have 10 and probably only buy one or two more so no where near 22, not sure where that figure come from.

ebfatz
20-06-16, 03:09 PM

If you don't fill your squad, the CPU will fill your squad for you. Not sure what the limit is though.

Fods
20-06-16, 03:26 PM
This is a decent link to read

Might have to sign up to read tho

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/4377-the-forum-faq/#entry4377

Maybe put in the OP Mark ?

316'sRegen
20-06-16, 04:10 PM
narrowed mine down to 20 players, took a few off where i was outbid.

I think the 18 min to pick tactics is because you need to fill the bench as well.

Tomorrow will be a busy day in the transfer thread :D

menolas
20-06-16, 04:36 PM
Are we okay to take control of national teams? I see from the FAQs that they're open to manage or if nobody selects them they get randomly offered. I've provisionally nabbed England but of course I'll step down if that's an issue.

Cheers

316'sRegen
20-06-16, 05:40 PM
I think it's a bad idea.

Like if I have a player that was getting picked and the new manager never heard of him etc.

Doesn't make a difference in this game as far as i know (it might help morale which is a big part of it but doesn't bump ratings or anything)

We haven't even got our squads yet :lol:

Offside Trap
20-06-16, 05:49 PM
YESSSSSS made my first 2 signings

ebfatz
20-06-16, 09:41 PM
Are we okay to take control of national teams? I see from the FAQs that they're open to manage or if nobody selects them they get randomly offered. I've provisionally nabbed England but of course I'll step down if that's an issue.

Cheers

International management is only open to Gold managers so not everyone will be able to take a nation.

jdgmedia
20-06-16, 11:08 PM
If you don't fill your squad, the CPU will fill your squad for you. Not sure what the limit is though.

So I could in theory spend my £20m on say 2/3 good players, and the CPU will fill the rest? What are people's thoughts on that?

I won't be doing that, as I think it defeats the object.

316'sRegen
20-06-16, 11:14 PM
International management is only open to Gold managers so not everyone will be able to take a nation.

buying battlepacks :heh:

Fods
20-06-16, 11:58 PM
So I could in theory spend my £20m on say 2/3 good players, and the CPU will fill the rest? What are people's thoughts on that?

I won't be doing that, as I think it defeats the object.

All depends on the quality of players the CPU fills your team with, I recall they fill with players who are not at another team but are in your team in real life, so for me Id be getting a load of Iraqi 61 rated suicide bombers. On the other hand, someone at Bayern could well get filled out with superstars... if thats how it works...!

AJ
21-06-16, 09:07 AM
Signed my first 8, will update when squad's at 18. Counting on my chairman to sign some free fillers🍻

316'sRegen
21-06-16, 09:18 AM
Seems like it's taking ages to process mine.

I can't see it in work anyway so it should be ready when I get home then I'll post them :ok:

drkshadow1
21-06-16, 09:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/IzJlxgq.jpg

So i have a decent squad size now however no amazing quality in the squad at all.

Being my first season at this actual game and with the rules put in place, I have decided to sign players who operate in more than a few positions.
Now i do not know how often injurys occur but i have faith that i have cover in case my players have a bit of trouble.

I have

9 players i can play in the DL/DR spot
6 that can play DC
5 that can play as MC
6 that can play ML/MR
3 that can play as strikers

i need another GK and another FC and MC and i think i will be happy with the squad i have.

DOGX
21-06-16, 03:26 PM
If I buy a player who has already retired in real life, will he play out the season?

ebfatz
21-06-16, 03:48 PM
Usually yes.

316'sRegen
21-06-16, 06:21 PM
20 man squad secured. Div 4 title the target now.

lpedrosol
21-06-16, 06:30 PM
Since scouting requires game coins, is it even possible to play this game without spending real money??

Craig Forrest
21-06-16, 06:33 PM
I've never spent a cent on this game and I have over 2000 coins....

Also, scouting isn't necessary..... at least I don't think it is

lpedrosol
21-06-16, 06:37 PM
I've never spent a cent on this game and I have over 2000 coins....

Also, scouting isn't necessary..... at least I don't think it is

Thanks for the reply!

Its my first time and I was kinda overwhelmed with player search process and all that. Indeed the scout reports are not that helpful but I was under the impression that scouting was a major part.

Btw, how does one earn coins??

316'sRegen
21-06-16, 06:42 PM
DL Ashley Cole £930K
GK Artur Boruc £1.2M
GK Marco Storari £725K
DM/M/AMc Marcelo Costa £100K
DL/DM/MLC Roberto Carlos £25K
AMC/FRLC David Villa £1.5M
DM/M/AMC Rasmus Schuller £1.2M
AMC/FRLC Fabio Quagliarella
DRLC/DMC Chris Baird £650K
D/AMRL/DM/MR Jesper Floren £395K
DRLC Bailey Wright £600K
AMRL/FRLC Josh Magennis £500K
M/AMc Naoki Yamada £700K
AMRLC/FRL Luke Freeman £800K
DM/M/AMC Lee Evans £1.2M
DM/M/AMc Lima Mael £1M
DC Thiago Martins £1.4M
DRC Nikola Maras £1.2M
DRC Jonathan Martins Periera £1.4M
DLC Diego Calderon £1.8M

Craig Forrest
21-06-16, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the reply!

Its my first time and I was kinda overwhelmed with player search process and all that. Indeed the scout reports are not that helpful but I was under the impression that scouting was a major part.

Btw, how does one earn coins??

Good question..... in-game achievements maybe? I can't remember

316'sRegen
21-06-16, 07:29 PM
How do you set up a freindly? And who wants one?

lpedrosol
21-06-16, 07:44 PM
Good question..... in-game achievements maybe? I can't remember

Let´s play and see! :)

Craig Forrest
21-06-16, 07:53 PM
How do you set up a freindly? And who wants one?

I think the computer sets them up? I can't remember

Kowalinho
21-06-16, 09:03 PM
You click on green plus on calendar in right corner

316'sRegen
21-06-16, 09:13 PM
:director: Who has 18 players then?

drkshadow1
21-06-16, 09:24 PM
I am up for a friendly right now!!!

menolas
21-06-16, 09:53 PM
Me too

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Offside Trap
22-06-16, 12:40 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this whole concept, have got 24 players, although think I just might of messed up with caliber of players I've bought in.. we'll see I guess

Waiting for your game, I imagine for some people, is a pain, but it adds that more realistic concept to the game, abit like back in the day when I used to play PBM (play by mail) where you'd wait for the post on a certain day for your result

So what's next then? I just been arranging a friendly, which I didn't even think of, I guess I need to make some friends first :)

Offside Trap
22-06-16, 12:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - you can't have a friendly prior to the season launching?

I'm liking this new layout format too, makes it all alot more simple to go from click to click

316'sRegen
22-06-16, 01:08 PM
What did you play Mikey?

Tough at The Top?
M&E Sports?

I loved the play by mail, my Wolves team were legendary :D
Zidane, Viera, Alan Fettis, Sami al Jaber, ah those were the days :D

Offside Trap
22-06-16, 01:15 PM
I played Soccer Supremos and Soccer Star

I recall winning a pen 1 week for being manager of the week, and there was a feature where you had to write down, upto 10 money making schemes for your ground, in order to boost finances, I always wrote down Carboot hahahahahah

jpark
22-06-16, 02:08 PM
So I'm seeing Barcelona and PSG unmanaged but able to make some high priced signings. How is this possible?

Fods
22-06-16, 02:25 PM
They will unmanaged. Until they are managed they fall into the rules of the set up.

jdgmedia
22-06-16, 02:30 PM
I've got 15 players in - hopeful of getting to 20, though the last couple may be bargain basements.

jpark
22-06-16, 02:42 PM
I understand they are unmanaged but the problem is those clubs, especially Barcelona are currently making massive signings

316'sRegen
22-06-16, 02:48 PM
Are these guys going to get the proper squads of Bayern etc if they just sit and wait?

It's been asked a few times.

Surely they can't?

Fods
22-06-16, 11:17 PM
I think they fill their squads with their real life players. I'm sure I read that on the SM forum

Redknapp69
23-06-16, 11:49 PM
another 4 resignations :lol:

Mark
23-06-16, 11:57 PM
No-one has resigned. They're all the applications that I have rejected because they haven't declared themselves here.

smoggy
25-06-16, 08:59 AM
:eek: just took over FC Basel and someone has spent nearly all the transfer budget leaving me with £30,000 and I don't even have a striker this is going to be a challenge lol

Mark
25-06-16, 12:26 PM
:doh: Guess the AI bought players in. If so, there won't be a transfer ban on them so you can list them all and then start to buy your own players.

duffyma
26-06-16, 02:28 PM
15 for me too. How do we set captains, penalty taker etc? Maybe I missing something, but I can't see any player attributes, or is this down to guesswork?

Fods
26-06-16, 02:34 PM
15 for me too. How do we set captains, penalty taker etc? Maybe I missing something, but I can't see any player attributes, or is this down to guesswork?

Think you need 19 to be able to set tactics, can you access tactic screen now with 15 men?

duffyma
26-06-16, 02:36 PM
Yep, no problem getting to the tactics, but no idea which of my players would be ideal for which role.

Fods
26-06-16, 02:41 PM
It will tell you if you put them in an un-suited role by changing their colour on the tactic screen yellow. If you put them in a position and they are green then they are good :ok:

duffyma
26-06-16, 03:05 PM
It will tell you if you put them in an un-suited role by changing their colour on the tactic screen yellow. If you put them in a position and they are green then they are good :ok:
Cheers my man!

duffyma
26-06-16, 03:10 PM
Is that the case with setting Captains/Free kick takers though?

Fods
26-06-16, 03:13 PM
Not sure about those mate to be honest.

Fods
26-06-16, 03:15 PM
Should be more info/tips on the SM Forum :ok:

ebfatz
26-06-16, 09:14 PM
To set captains and set piece players, it is in the instructions tab.

You can set playmaker, corner taker, penalty taker, captain.
You can also set how you play - tempo, focus (through the middle or on the wings etc), short passing/direct, it's all there.

Fods
27-06-16, 12:40 PM
Mark, what happens if manager spends all money and only has 12 players?

Mark
27-06-16, 01:18 PM
I have no idea. They should have managed their finances much better!

Offside Trap
27-06-16, 01:40 PM
Haven't got the hang of this coins thing yet - spend 200 to get a scout report of my opponents?

Am I missing something here, are these in-game purchases?

Fods
27-06-16, 01:50 PM
Rumour has it their squads will be filled with players anyway... Probably better players than they have.

Didn't know if there was anyway you could check the admin page of the world to see what it says about that. If it's not too much trouble

AJ
27-06-16, 01:57 PM
Yep, no problem getting to the tactics, but no idea which of my players would be ideal for which role.

try automatic selection. That works fine.

316'sRegen
27-06-16, 02:27 PM
They will appear green in all positions if they are for example a D/DM/M RLC.

It's up to you to figure out what is their best position, but a hint is there in the form of the yellow green and blue writing for the positions.

You could get two player that are the same position (D/DM/M R) but one will have green text, the other will have yellow.
I take that to mean one is more of a full back the other is a right midfielder - may be true or may not :noidea:

But yeah, trial and error for me, I'll be looking some firendlies if anyone knows how to set them up, so that I can figure out what their best positions are.

Mark
27-06-16, 04:00 PM
Rumour has it their squads will be filled with players anyway... Probably better players than they have.

Didn't know if there was anyway you could check the admin page of the world to see what it says about that. If it's not too much trouble

There is no information that I see that you or anyone else cannot see in the public domain :ok:

Mark
27-06-16, 04:06 PM
Haven't got the hang of this coins thing yet - spend 200 to get a scout report of my opponents?

Am I missing something here, are these in-game purchases?

Please keep your questions in this thread, OT. Keep the main stickied thread for people applying for jobs only.

I don't put too much store into the coins in SM. I've never used mine so I wouldn't worry about it.

Erkifino
27-06-16, 07:32 PM
Scout just saves you the 'hassle' of clicking on your opponents last fixture.

Recommended player saves you a 10 min search on Google.

No real benefit to buying coins.

Offside Trap
29-06-16, 02:36 PM
I've an Inbox headline stating FC Kallon are interested in 1 of my players, (I think it's Mark's team) does that mean he's shortlisted him or something?

316'sRegen
29-06-16, 02:51 PM
yes

you will also see a wee label beside him in your squad screen, a bit like CM.

Offside Trap
29-06-16, 03:07 PM
Ok thanks Chris -

But Mark - you can't have him until the end of August ;)

Mark
29-06-16, 04:30 PM
I know :)

Mark
01-07-16, 09:05 AM
It's gone a bit quiet around here! Everybody ready for the start of the season on Sunday?

duffyma
01-07-16, 09:08 AM
Nope! Still a couple of players short of the 18 I think you need to have, so tactics is playing silly buggers with me. I know it's not my laptop as I started a team in a random game world, and all is good in there. Got a few last bids in, should be OK to sort it all out tomorrow!

Mark
01-07-16, 09:12 AM
Good luck, hope you land your targets :ok: I'm up to 21 players now but had to sign some old veterans to make up the squad. Roll on the 30th September, their transfer bans will expire and I will hopefully be able to sell them at a profit and get better players in!

ebfatz
01-07-16, 09:25 AM
If you are stuck with yours til 30 September, you've been stitched up.

Mine are available for transfer 30 August!

Redknapp69
01-07-16, 09:41 AM
yep - up against an unmanaged team first up

Mark
01-07-16, 09:43 AM
I meant August :lol:

ACossu
01-07-16, 09:58 AM
There's a few unmanaged teams in Div 5, wonder if we can get replacements..

Also, yes - been waiting for the season to kick off with my 25 hopeful veterans.

Not sure how important stamina, fitness etc is because I fear some of the older members of Township Rollers will have a hard time.

Mark
01-07-16, 10:03 AM
Are there? There's only 1 unmanaged team according to my list.

You may be OK for league games, it's when cup games take place on a Tuesday that you may struggle.

ACossu
01-07-16, 10:21 AM
Yeah just realized there was one, playing another COM managed team straight after in the cup. Division 1 team - Tigres.

I have a few players who can play in the same position, depth is my strength (i hope).

316'sRegen
01-07-16, 10:28 AM
I haven't signed in for a while, better do that later so I don't get booted! :mod:

smoggy
01-07-16, 03:59 PM
:doh: Guess the AI bought players in. If so, there won't be a transfer ban on them so you can list them all and then start to buy your own players.

They all have transfer bans until end of August looks like I'm stuck with them for now.

jdgmedia
01-07-16, 04:54 PM
I'm all set with my 20-man squad, tactics are submitted and in for the first game! Looking forward to it.

Offside Trap
01-07-16, 05:30 PM
I'm raring to go, not sure If I'll smash it, or get smashed. But got my 25 players, cover all positions if I need to change tactics and formation, so fingers crossed, Ill get a good start

Redknapp69
02-07-16, 12:23 AM
What date does transfer window close?

jdgmedia
02-07-16, 11:29 AM
There isn't a transfer window, you can sign players at any time (as long as they aren't transfer banned)

Offside Trap
02-07-16, 01:06 PM
Also, yes - been waiting for the season to kick off with my 25 hopeful veterans.

SNAP

I've gone for that tactic too, be an interesting game if and when we play each other, the pitch will be full of zimmer frames and walking sticks

Fods
02-07-16, 02:14 PM
I have 12 I think right now and what will happen is the game will give me players to enable me to compete. Totally wrong if you ask me but I'm gonna roll with it!

mcmackin
02-07-16, 03:41 PM
Anyone have an issue opening the tactics window?

Barry

Erkifino
02-07-16, 08:40 PM
If you haven't a full squad it won't function correctly.

Mark
03-07-16, 10:09 AM
The big day is here! Good luck everyone!

Don't forget to share your results in your league thread to keep us all updated on your progress!

316'sRegen
03-07-16, 12:35 PM
I hope you get "greyed out" players Fods :P

Let's get it on! :fencing:

jdgmedia
03-07-16, 02:09 PM
You do get players to fill your squad, but not sure how they are chosen. It will be a shame if people who've got less than 20 players are able to exploit the system this way!

I've gone for a mix of a couple of veterans, but then gone for potential youth, hopefully who will go up in value and turn me a decent profit.

pyromyst
03-07-16, 05:24 PM
Good luck everyone. let the fun Begin..

Offside Trap
03-07-16, 07:42 PM
:yield:

Fods
04-07-16, 12:08 AM
I hope you get "greyed out" players Fods :P

Let's get it on! :fencing:

Some of those greyed out are decent 74 plodders.

You do get players to fill your squad, but not sure how they are chosen. It will be a shame if people who've got less than 20 players are able to exploit the system this way!

I've gone for a mix of a couple of veterans, but then gone for potential youth, hopefully who will go up in value and turn me a decent profit.

I have played SM for a few years now and never knew there was a minimum number of players required to access tactic screens etc, I got 12 in which i was happy to run with, with just one sub until I could sell and buy or got some more money from gate receipts. However, the chairman decided to buy players to fill the squad. If it had been detailed at the start of the game you HAD to buy 19/20 or whatever the amount then I am sure people would of done that, the questions were asked over and over but even even the creator of the game world didn't know the answer.

menolas
04-07-16, 09:45 AM
I had 25 players signed then had a load of players added by AI too! Releasing them all as it doesn't cost me, and I don't want to gain an unfair monetary advantage.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Mark
04-07-16, 10:24 AM
Even the creator of the game world didn't know the answer :lol: We've never been in this position before so how would I know? I didn't invent Soccer Manager :lol:

Fods
04-07-16, 02:14 PM
Never liked cabbages1979 from day one, something about him stunk

316'sRegen
04-07-16, 02:20 PM
Were they kicked out for not signing in for 10 days Mark?

I suppose they probably would have posted in here if that happened though.

Fods
04-07-16, 02:26 PM
Even the creator of the game world didn't know the answer :lol: We've never been in this position before so how would I know? I didn't invent Soccer Manager :lol:

Wasn't a dig, just defending myself and those that "exploited" the system!!

Fods
04-07-16, 02:28 PM
Were they kicked out for not signing in for 10 days Mark?

I suppose they probably would have posted in here if that happened though.

I've not signed in for 10days or more, is that a rule?

316'sRegen
04-07-16, 02:32 PM
It can be.

Depends if Mark has set it up at the start, it gives you the option where if people aren't online for a while they drop out of the game.

Sure you got your result yesterday so you're definitely still in.

Fods
04-07-16, 02:33 PM
He ain't got a clue by his last post :D

I was referring to previous games worlds.

Mark
04-07-16, 02:53 PM
I think the SM default is 14 days? I didn't change it from the default setting.

jdgmedia
04-07-16, 03:59 PM
The SM default is 30 days, as far as I'm aware.

Why would people not have expected they'd need to sign more than 18 players with the 20m to get a squad?!

ACossu
04-07-16, 04:34 PM
Are we not enforcing the MAX 25 players ?

316'sRegen
04-07-16, 09:42 PM
Attendance: 2,639

Balance: -69,762

:rip:

ebfatz
04-07-16, 11:21 PM
Some of those greyed out are decent 74 plodders.

I have played SM for a few years now and never knew there was a minimum number of players required to access tactic screens etc, I got 12 in which i was happy to run with, with just one sub until I could sell and buy or got some more money from gate receipts. However, the chairman decided to buy players to fill the squad. If it had been detailed at the start of the game you HAD to buy 19/20 or whatever the amount then I am sure people would of done that, the questions were asked over and over but even even the creator of the game world didn't know the answer.

If you don't fill your squad, the CPU will fill your squad for you.

I posted on 20 June. :ok:

Fods
04-07-16, 11:38 PM
I posted on 20 June. :ok:

I'd already bought my 12 before that iirc

Fods
04-07-16, 11:39 PM
The SM default is 30 days, as far as I'm aware.

Why would people not have expected they'd need to sign more than 18 players with the 20m to get a squad?!

Because there was no rule to say you HAD to.

Mark
05-07-16, 11:49 AM
Are we not enforcing the MAX 25 players ?

There's way to enforce that rule in the game world itself. Very annoying so all we can do is hope people stick to it. I did set up a 'squad limit watch' last time where if anyone spotted a team with +25 players, we ask them to sell players ASAP to get back down to size.

ACossu
05-07-16, 11:57 AM
Yeah looks like people just didn't buy any players, waited for chairman to fill 25 players of averages and now is signing v.decent players - no harm but last I checked squad was up to 30 :shocked:

DOGX
05-07-16, 12:29 PM
Yeah looks like people just didn't buy any players, waited for chairman to fill 25 players of averages and now is signing v.decent players - no harm but last I checked squad was up to 30 :shocked:

I get the impression some of the managers dont check the forums here. Maybe they aren't even aware of the cap. Try sending them a message in game.

It would be a shame if we had players willfully disregarding the rules (I have seen a few complaints from players who cant get soccermanager.com to remove cheats from their game worlds).

ebfatz
05-07-16, 03:16 PM
If you have gone over 25, it costs nothing to release players (certainly if CPU buys them) so people can get squads down.

I'm in a gameworld where there is a 25 man first team and 50 man youth team limit.

There are two managers in there that have over 100 players in each. The owner has no power to shift them though.

jdgmedia
05-07-16, 04:58 PM
I think realistically, it's going to be too hard to enforce the 25 player limit, if there's no way of making the game control it.

316'sRegen
05-07-16, 05:09 PM
it's a gentleman's agreement.

If you go over it you're only cheating yourself :nono:

CMCZ
05-07-16, 08:47 PM
I am not sure what to do next. I spend my 20m and my players play in the strongest formation. What's more to do? Do I just sit and relax and wait to buy better players??

ebfatz
05-07-16, 08:52 PM
Pretty much.

And hope you win more than you lose.

If you do lose, you have to prove you're not a Roy Hodgson and can tweak to turn it round!

CMCZ
05-07-16, 08:58 PM
So there is no use in buying talents? Players do not improve as they play much?

ebfatz
05-07-16, 10:10 PM
Ratings are based on real life.
Hence Messi being a 99.

Someone like a Gabriel Barbosa for example, will have a lower rating currently but when he proves himself he will rise.
The decision is to by cheap wonderkids and wait for them to rise or buy higher rated established stars who will stay level or even drop.

jdgmedia
05-07-16, 11:09 PM
it's a gentleman's agreement.

If you go over it you're only cheating yourself :nono:

I signed 20 players. I now have 31 due to the game adding more. It's going to be quite easy for people to sell these extra players straight away to boost their bank balances.

Redknapp69
06-07-16, 06:41 AM
Do the right thing and release them then

Mark - worth creating a squad limit thread with penalties for breaching like we had before?

Seems like enough people on here can highlight teams with more :spy:

ACossu
06-07-16, 08:44 AM
The decision is to by cheap wonderkids and wait for them to rise or buy higher rated established stars who will stay level or even drop.

But time goes by with almost a 1:1 ratio of game time to real time, how many years ya gonna spend seeing if wunderkinds become useful :lol:

Fods
06-07-16, 08:48 AM
They update ratings pretty regular and even a plus one/two can make a huge difference.

Mark
06-07-16, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I had a 'restriction' of buying only Under 21's in recent game worlds. I had plenty of players fulfilling their potential and rising but there were others who went the other way. You win some, you lose some.

Redders - I'll create a thread now.

ebfatz
06-07-16, 09:17 AM
Exactly. But many people do. And many of those supposed wonder kids fail to get higher than an 84/85 kind of level.

But if you have bought them at 75 or similar, you still make a profit when you sell them on.

trainor83
06-07-16, 10:25 AM
Sorry guys, i have released 2 players now down to 25 players. I only signed 5 players myself as i forgot about it and the chairman signed a load... got the app on my phone now so will keep on top of it. Sorry again from cheattrainor haha

jdgmedia
06-07-16, 11:51 AM
If we release the players, will the chairman keep signing new ones?

Also, just had this pop up when trying to release someone "Your Chairman does not want to release this youngster for free as he believes he has the potential to develop into a good player."

Then when trying to release another "Player Not Released - Player too good to release."

Redknapp69
07-07-16, 07:17 PM
nah - I only have 21 and chairman isn't trying to sign any for me - I think they only try and do that if you are under 18 players

Lewsley
07-07-16, 07:17 PM
Yea i had a few to many players but managed to get them sold, sold to many now actually!! oops! well hopefully see how my squad holds up in tonight s game i don't hold out much hope got my team of underdogs at the ready!!

ebfatz
07-07-16, 07:20 PM
Seen a few teams that have managed to spend more than £20m.

Not sure how they've managed that.

316'sRegen
10-07-16, 12:20 PM
Gate receipts aren't covering the wages :ranger:

jdgmedia
10-07-16, 01:26 PM
Indeed. Looks like the small profit we're aiming to make on players is going to be eaten up fairly quickly!

Mark
11-07-16, 09:58 AM
The chairman is usually quite good about upgrading the stadium capacity. Hopefully it'll balance things out.

Diekefirts
11-07-16, 02:44 PM
my stadium has 12k seats, and only 3.700 came to one match, i lose 200k per week average LOL. could i have picked a smaller audience?? :P

Fods
11-07-16, 02:57 PM
I got 1076 last game!!

Craig Forrest
11-07-16, 03:01 PM
I picked Vancouver because they have a 24,000 seat stadium IRL and I knew gate receipts would help..... think I had 20K fans my only home game so far ;)

pyromyst
11-07-16, 03:28 PM
Only getting 1400 - 1700 fans per game. not covering the wage bill.. Need to level the playing field here somehow..

balance will be negative by the weekend..

jdgmedia
11-07-16, 06:52 PM
I'm already about -300k.

Glad to have picked up my first win at the weekend though!

DOGX
11-07-16, 07:40 PM
My guys have a 25k seat stadium but only 3412 fans attended the only home game we have played so far...

They get paid 712k a week and have an average age of 36 (my oldest player is 49!). My club is already 1.385m in the red and I think I will have players retiring at the end of the season. Pretty sure I am looking at bankruptcy if I cant persaude a Russian billionaire to buy the club!

I was expecting some financial issues but not this bad. I was hoping winning the league and/or cup would offset the debt but that is looking doubtful, lol.

Mark
12-07-16, 10:21 AM
Well... This certainly puts a different spin on things! :D

drkshadow1
17-07-16, 05:40 PM
Can we watch the games live or do we need to wait for them to be played out? I am at work this evening and was going to try and watch. However if we can't there is no point taking the laptop

Redknapp69
17-07-16, 07:48 PM
nope - think you can view result usually around 8.30pm uk time

jdgmedia
17-07-16, 08:50 PM
You can watch the game "as live" but can't make any changes.

drkshadow1
18-07-16, 12:31 AM
Just noticed that we have cup games coming up! MAN CITY Div 1 opponents for me. Hope everyone enjoys the Cup Ties. lets slay some giants.

Mark
18-07-16, 09:20 AM
Ah, yes! I'm up against FC Koper! I look forwards to getting smashed 10-0!

There are cup results threads to post in as well when they come through :ok:

Offside Trap
18-07-16, 09:24 AM
Is that this Thursday, the cup games?

Mark
18-07-16, 09:39 AM
Tuesdays :ok: Cup games are always on a Tuesday. League games are every Thursday and Sunday.

Offside Trap
18-07-16, 09:46 AM
Doh! I see it now - a week tomorrow, so gonna be 3 games in 5 days, how the hell are my pensioners gonna manage that

Mark
18-07-16, 10:47 AM
I know, our squads will be tested to the limits!

Craig Forrest
18-07-16, 02:47 PM
Time for my squad players to prove that they're good enough

316'sRegen
18-07-16, 09:39 PM
Split the gate?

Come on! :rant:

Anyone got a D/DM R for loan?
I need cover for the cup games

drkshadow1
19-07-16, 12:08 AM
316 i have J estrada that could possible be of use to you? 79 Rated D/DM/MRL let me know

Craig Forrest
19-07-16, 08:35 PM
Next game for us is vs Baghdad FC...... we'd better win or Fods will never let me forget....

316'sRegen
19-07-16, 09:51 PM
316 i have J estrada that could possible be of use to you? 79 Rated D/DM/MRL let me know

Yes mate i would loan him.
Didn't realise I only have one RB.

What team are you shadow? I'll send the bid.

drkshadow1
20-07-16, 05:44 AM
i sent you a message 316

ACossu
20-07-16, 11:50 AM
Anyone know what happens when a player gets injured? I mean obviously he can't play for however long he is injured for but my questions are:

Do you play with less men as you can't make substitutions or are injuries just a result after the game?
Does the game automatically make a sub for you?

is this the same as a red card ? if you GK gets sent off, can you make a sub or do you play with no GK or does it only apply after the game... ?

drkshadow1
20-07-16, 11:58 AM
Good questions as a total new player i do not have many answers.

However in regards to the injured players i do not think it is calculated until after the final whistle. As i had a player break his foot and he did not show up on any of the reports.

Fods
20-07-16, 12:01 PM
Have a look on the SM forum boys answers all of these questions :ok:

316'sRegen
20-07-16, 12:06 PM
i sent you a message 316

I'll have a look when I get home later. SM is blocked in work :(
Tried searching for Estrada RBs yesterday but only two players came up and they were 82/83 rating.

I have stuck a bid in for a young RB but the kid is a 70 rating or something, need a better one for cover.

The next thing I need is a hardcore DMC, but that will be in a few weeks.

ACossu
20-07-16, 01:28 PM
Have a look on the SM forum boys answers all of these questions :ok:

Where? The forum is horrible and the search function even worse.

Is it too hard for you to just answer the question ?

ACossu
20-07-16, 01:32 PM
The next thing I need is a hardcore DMC, but that will be in a few weeks.

I have two 35 y/o 80 rated DMC's - both cover - you can loan one or buy one if you want, only worth pennies

Fods
20-07-16, 01:50 PM
Where? The forum is horrible and the search function even worse.

Is it too hard for you to just answer the question ?

Is it too hard for you to not be lazy??

The forum answers all you need to know

Mark
20-07-16, 01:52 PM
Anyone know what happens when a player gets injured? I mean obviously he can't play for however long he is injured for but my questions are:

Do you play with less men as you can't make substitutions or are injuries just a result after the game?
Does the game automatically make a sub for you?

is this the same as a red card ? if you GK gets sent off, can you make a sub or do you play with no GK or does it only apply after the game... ?

Pretty sure that if a player gets injured, they see out the game anyway and you are just notified that he's out of action once it's over. I've never seen the AI make the change for me if a player gets injured or if a GK gets sent off.

316'sRegen
20-07-16, 01:56 PM
I have two 35 y/o 80 rated DMC's - both cover - you can loan one or buy one if you want, only worth pennies

This sounds great :ok:

I guess these are players that the AI bought for you? Otherwise you couldn't sell...
I'll send the bids later when I get home.

Cheers.

ACossu
20-07-16, 02:04 PM
Sorry I bought them so they are transfer banned, my bad

ACossu
22-07-16, 10:11 AM
So my income from gate receipts this week was €364,134 - rounded down that's €69 a ticket.

I have a feeling that's a luxury most people from south/central Africa don't have. 3 cheers to them I say.

Offside Trap
24-07-16, 03:36 PM
Done some tweaking, change of formation, slight different setup, fingers crossed for tonight's match

drkshadow1
24-07-16, 03:42 PM
I would like to know how to improve morale! I have a player who is playing almost every game, We have only lost twice yet his morale is stuck at 55% (grumpy git)

Also hope my income starts improving. I go black for a game then drop straight into red the next

Redknapp69
24-07-16, 03:47 PM
Player concerns/morale is an odd one! ) (when playing a lot)

London35
24-07-16, 03:56 PM
fitness over morale at the moment for me....beggers cant be choosers!

drkshadow1
24-07-16, 04:17 PM
Does resting them increase morale? i am trying to find ways of boosting it. I thought by playing and winning they would go up in morale however they seem to be still at the same position as when i brought them

Offside Trap
24-07-16, 04:22 PM
I tend to always go for fitness ahead of moral in most cases/games

Drkshadow - I got that problem about money, can't wait until I can sell players, got the full 25 all skill 83 and 85 and now stuck with some that I wont use, or duplicated positions

London35
24-07-16, 04:27 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Offside Trap
24-07-16, 04:34 PM
http://s568.photobucket.com/user/michael_chambers1/media/1_zpsolku3c2z.png.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s568.photobucket.com/user/michael_chambers1/media/2_zpskkdv9iuq.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Knock yourself out

:humble:

- - - Updated - - -

Bear in mind my average age is something like 33 :rip::rip:

316'sRegen
24-07-16, 07:32 PM
Could the morale be affected by playing the player in a position that isn't his best/fave position?

drkshadow1
24-07-16, 07:40 PM
nah he plays DC i only played hom DC

drkshadow1
28-07-16, 10:10 PM
So i dont like how bigger teams can keep buying players due to the income being amazing based on bums on seats at matches. Some of the teams have 25k attendence while other like myself have maximum 6.5k

Scews it so they will be making profit non stop while others struggle to buy further players to improve the team. Just noticed this

Fods
28-07-16, 10:55 PM
A lot of people in the same boat, makes for a better challenge IMO.

Redknapp69
29-07-16, 12:40 AM
And you can do some loan haggling from the managed 'bigger' clubs

Mark
29-07-16, 09:34 AM
The game will eventually bring attendances in line. The chairman will increase capacity bit by bit at the end of each season. Stick it out :ok:

Offside Trap
31-07-16, 11:35 AM
I can't seem to log onto this this morning - anyone else having similar issues?

316'sRegen
31-07-16, 11:45 AM
I got logged in no probs.

Two double weeks in a row coming up with the cup and the shield, my small squad is going to be knackered.

Offside Trap
31-07-16, 11:48 AM
Your small squad? how you think my old squad are gonna cope :rip:

London35
31-07-16, 01:17 PM
get the ice baths ready!

drkshadow1
31-07-16, 01:21 PM
Does the age of a player matter when the fitness is calculated i wonder :confused:

Fods
01-08-16, 03:36 AM
Fianlly got myself in the green, 470k of it to be precise. That wont last long so best spend it!

Does the age of a player matter when the fitness is calculated i wonder :confused:

I'd say so Doc, couple of my 30+ are struggling straight after matches and get the NMF icon, compared to a youngster who doesn't.

ahmed_1
04-08-16, 11:30 PM
Well done mate!

I'm still stuck in red and played loads of home games:(

DOGX
08-08-16, 01:10 PM
Progress update - AS KALOUM STAR - a club walking the tightrope between victory and absolute ruin!

Current Balance £-4,054,548
Weekly Balance £-520,954
Highest Attendance 4978

Doesnt look like attendance is going to break 5k this season. Several players have had their ratings reduced and my alternate keeper has announced his retirement. Played a couple of recent games with a 17 man squad due to 3 injuries and a suspension. Still in the cup and shield so managing player condition is getting tricky too! Havent lost a game yet though thanks to a surprise away win vs Celtic (who seem to buy a new 4m player every week).

Kazu Miura, my 49 year old reserve striker is proving to be worth every penny of the 1k I paid for him with 4 goals, 4 assists and even one MOM in just 5 games :)

Redknapp69
08-08-16, 01:19 PM
fair play - you're doing amazing topping the league - i'm on you coat tails and so i should pulling in 10 times more attendance for home games!

Mark
08-08-16, 11:44 PM
The economy thing should work itself out eventually, I did set it to high when the game world was created :ok:

drkshadow1
09-08-16, 02:23 AM
I am ok with the money situation now. Someone stated the rich clubs will buy players but need to stick to 25 players which means the need to sell some others or maybe loan players out. I am fine with that now. Just need to work harder to build a squad. currently on -404k after our game mark

gpaul1978
12-08-16, 11:44 AM
I'm struggling to make any money with my poor attendances but will take my 7 point lead at the top over cash any day of the week

Offside Trap
12-08-16, 11:57 AM
Currently sitting 1.8m in the red, ever since we got a new PM here in England, my team has gone further in the red - what does that tell you?

Craig Forrest
12-08-16, 01:43 PM
Currently sitting 1.8m in the red, ever since we got a new PM here in England, my team has gone further in the red - what does that tell you?

It tells me that correlation does not equal causation :ok:

Mark
15-08-16, 11:15 AM
15 days until my transfer bans on players is listed!

ACossu
25-08-16, 11:47 AM
I have to play them in the shield. Not looking forward.

Redknapp69
25-08-16, 11:53 AM
:sorry: :)

I did try to join Div 5 but was late to registering so picked the Hoops in Div 3!

316'sRegen
26-08-16, 02:12 PM
Looking forward to there being a genuine transfer list next week :D

Offside Trap
26-08-16, 02:41 PM

Snap - gonna have to shift out at least 5 players and that won't assure me of getting out the red

gpaul1978
27-08-16, 10:56 AM

I won't be partaking just about living within my means now, got rid of the dross my chairman signed for me and replaced it with players I want. I have a couple of oldies to release but after that unless I can afford one of my shortlisted players I will be sticking with my squad