PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in holiday mode

Arthur1950
04-07-16, 04:50 PM
Hello. Wondering if anyone might be able to help please.
I'm playing original game (3.9.68) with no patches or other updates. I've never been on holiday before in the game but recently resigned from a club and decided to holiday, having already selected the "apply for jobs..." bit first. I assumed the game would automatically pause & give me control back or at least let me confirm if I actually wanted a particular job or not, but it just kept on holidaying, and I came back to the computer, with myself at another club, with memos from the boarding flying past getting annoyed that I was applying for other jobs.
Is there any way to go on holiday and have the game 'pause' when a job is offered?

info0
04-07-16, 06:37 PM
No.

Arthur1950
04-07-16, 09:18 PM
Cheers.

info0
04-07-16, 09:41 PM
However, there are some manic guys here who may do that in a patch ;). Forgot to add that when my net broke :D.

Fods
05-07-16, 06:26 AM
Does choosing this option have any affect?

http://i.imgur.com/rNFay8Q.jpg

ebfatz
05-07-16, 06:50 AM
It doesn't, that's what he's saying.
AI just automatically accepts the job offered to you and moves on, all the while on holiday.

It's always been a bit of an annoyance for me as well.

Fods
05-07-16, 09:10 AM
He wasn't 100% clear. Was clarifying he had done what was in the screenshot.

Sorry for helping a dude.

ebfatz
05-07-16, 03:20 PM
Hello. Wondering if anyone might be able to help please.
I'm playing original game (3.9.68) with no patches or other updates. I've never been on holiday before in the game but recently resigned from a club and decided to holiday, having already selected the "apply for jobs..." bit first. I assumed the game would automatically pause & give me control back or at least let me confirm if I actually wanted a particular job or not, but it just kept on holidaying, and I came back to the computer, with myself at another club, with memos from the boarding flying past getting annoyed that I was applying for other jobs.
Is there any way to go on holiday and have the game 'pause' when a job is offered?

He wasn't 100% clear. Was clarifying he had done what was in the screenshot.

Sorry for helping a dude.

Fair play to you for helping a dude and don't stop :ok: but seems pretty clear.

Cam F
05-07-16, 07:36 PM
Don't stop moving to the funky, funky beat.

Fods
05-07-16, 11:21 PM
Fair play to you for helping a dude and don't stop :ok: but seems pretty clear.

No, he said he selected the Apply for Jobs... bit..

There is no option for that on the holiday screen, however there is an option for "Apply for manager position at higher level clubs". So no ebs, it weren't clear and it only takes 2 minutes to post a screenshot for clarity :ok:

Get bollocked for slating people who cant help them selves then get trolled by mods for helping people :lol: :locomods:

ebfatz
06-07-16, 12:26 AM
Fair enough Fod. I'm trolling you!!

Theres only one option for applying for jobs on the holiday screen so pretty clear (to me anyway) what he's talking about.
But you are quite right he didn't quote what the one option said, word for word, so I can see where the confusion arose.

We'll leave it at that.

Fods
06-07-16, 12:37 AM
Cheers

info0
06-07-16, 01:22 AM
He was very clear about what he wanted and I replied to him with answer he wanted. Move on.

Fods
06-07-16, 04:22 AM
He was very clear about what he wanted and I replied to him with answer he wanted. Move on.

No need for that, I have explained why I posted the screenshot for clarification that he had tried every solution.

Don't see what the problem is here.

No.

Very helpful from you info0 :ok:

Craig Forrest
06-07-16, 04:53 AM
No need for insulting language. If it happens again, the offender gets a warning.

Fods
06-07-16, 05:19 AM
What did you have to remove from my post that was insulting?

Mark
06-07-16, 09:39 AM
info0's post that was edited which you then quoted so CF edited that too.