PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

AMC
08-01-17, 07:19 PM
Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

https://i.postimg.cc/qBnDSTTZ/africa-map.png (https://postimages.org/)

In 2001 Yaya Toure was one of 24 Ivory Coast players who left their homeland and headed for Europe in search of making it big in the world of football. Their destination was Belgium and more specifically KSK Beveren, where thanks to Belgium's relaxed laws there were no restrictions in place to stop a full team of Ivory Coast players taking the field.

It was a short lived experiment as Toure headed to the Ukraine after 2 years, and then onto greatness with Olympiacos, Monaco, Barcelona and Man City, while KSK Beveren headed in the opposite direction, dissolving in June 2010 and merging with KV Red Star Waasland to become KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren, where the last few seasons they have competed in Belgium's top division, the Belgian Pro League.

Your task is to take over KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and create a squad of African players, but there's a catch! Like Toure and his fellow Ivorians who came from their homeland, you can only sign players who currently play in Africa, so you can forget about Aubameyang, Mane and the likes, although we will allow the signing of Yaya Toure if you can manage that, regardless of his current club. After managing an all African squad for 5 seasons it is time to leave Belgium, and to try your hand on the international stage, as with a World Cup looming soon you have to take over any African nation and guide them to the tournament and the competition itself, using players once again only playing in Africa.

RULES

- Oct 2016 update

- no tactics restriction, except for the usual - you have to have at least 3 players in your defensive line and wide players somewhere.

- by the time the first competitive game of the 2nd season kicks-off, you must not have any ineligible players in your squad.

- you get no points for the first season, only the results from seasons 2-6 and the World Cup campaign count.

- players must be signed/loaned from an African club.

- free transfers are allowed if their previous club was an African club or they have no previous history showing.

- no month-to-month contracts

- no staff restrictions.

- once again, no points for the first season

Belgian Pro League
Winner - 200
2nd Place - 100
3rd Place - 50

Belgian Cup
Winner - 100
Runner up - 50
Semi-finalist - 20

Belgian Super Cup
Winner - 50 pts
Runner Up - 20 pts

Champions League
Winner - 1,000
Runner up - 500
Semi-finalist - 200

Europa League
Winner - 500
Runner up - 200
Semi-finalist - 100

European Super Cup
Winner - 500
Runner up - 200

World Club Championships
Winner - 1,000
Runner up - 500

World Cup
Winner - 10,000
Runner up - 5,000
Semi-Finalist - 2,000
Quarter-Finalist - 1,000
Last 16 - 500
Group Stages - 200

World Player of the Year
Winner - 1,000
2nd place - 500
3rd place - 200

African Player of the Year
Winner - 500
2nd place - 200
3rd place - 100

For every player signed subtract 5 points from your score, so get them scouts working overtime and be careful with who you sign!

SCREENSHOTS

- the usual, squad screenie(s) to prove you have only eligible players and everything to prove your points.

Best of luck :ok:

AMC
08-01-17, 07:23 PM
FYI none of the current KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren are valid players, so all of the current squad will need to be gone by the first competitive game of the 2nd season.

The best way to ensure you are signing valid players easily without going through each African club manually, is using the player search and filtering Nationality to Other > Region > Africa, and then filtering based also to Other > Region > Africa.

Any other questions or queries let me know :ok:

Redknapp69
08-01-17, 07:26 PM
Woot!

Will crack on with this tonight!

As it's a hefty challenge and if lucky enough, can I apply for random National jobs during my time with the Belgium club?

AMC
08-01-17, 07:29 PM
Don't see why not mate, obviously you won't get any points managing them and by the time of the end of the 6th season (after 5 season with African players), you'll need to resign from KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and take over an African Nation and adhere to the rules.

CMCZ
08-01-17, 07:43 PM
Nice challenge. Great idea AMC!

AMC
08-01-17, 07:45 PM
Cheers mate, I had the idea for it a while ago after reading this article on Yaya and Beveren, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26155301

ebfatz
08-01-17, 10:37 PM
Will you not get fired at the end of World Cup qualifying?

AMC
08-01-17, 10:44 PM
I thought that may happen, we'll see what happens to people, and decide from there. If people have qualified for the WC and that happens I'll probably allow people to add themselves back as manager so they can manage in the WC with the restriction.

ebfatz
08-01-17, 10:50 PM
Fair do's.

Or maybe pick up another nation as you would bound not to be the only one to lose your job.

AMC
08-01-17, 10:56 PM
Problem is if you qualify with one nation and get sacked and then can't get a job with another nation who has qualified for the WC.

Vunky
09-01-17, 12:11 PM
After my save game with the 3.9.60 db crashes after the date 01-08-2019, I was looking for a start with a new game. The 3.9.60 has a lot of players that are the usual players for me, so not a real challenge anymore. I started with 3.9.68, okt. 16 data update and the tapani 2.21.1 patch. Currently started a save game with Wrexham, but I really like this (hard) challenge idea.

Because I'm new on this forum I have some questions about the rules:

- In the story it does say you have to manage your team with only African players. But that sentence doesn't come back in the rules. Is it allowed to contract players with another nationality if they are playing for a african club? I don't think so but maybe that rule is a good addition to the current rules?
- Is the tactic allowed when it has a DMR & DML or AMR and AML?
- Do you need to get approached by an African country for the job as national coach?
- I think the CM Scout is blocked for using in the challenge (I hope so)

AMC
09-01-17, 12:45 PM
Hi mate cheers for your questions,

- as it says in the story "Your task is to take over KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and create a squad of African players, but there's a catch! Like Toure and his fellow Ivorians who came from their homeland, you can only sign players who currently play in Africa" so you can only sign African players from an African club. In the rules it says by the first competitive game of the 2nd season you cannot have any ineligible players, eligible players are African players signed from an African club.

- DML/R & AML/R are allowed assuming you have at least 3 defenders as well.

- you should apply with your current manager, if there is a problem getting an offer we can address it but there shouldn't be a problem.

- Tools like CM Scout are discouraged but unfortunately there is no way we can stop people from using it or similar tools.

Vunky
09-01-17, 01:33 PM
Hi mate cheers for your questions,

- as it says in the story "Your task is to take over KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren and create a squad of African players, but there's a catch! Like Toure and his fellow Ivorians who came from their homeland, you can only sign players who currently play in Africa" so you can only sign African players from an African club. In the rules it says by the first competitive game of the 2nd season you cannot have any ineligible players, eligible players are African players signed from an African club.

- DML/R & AML/R are allowed assuming you have at least 3 defenders as well.

- you should apply with your current manager, if there is a problem getting an offer we can address it but there shouldn't be a problem.

- Tools like CM Scout are discouraged but unfortunately there is no way we can stop people from using it or similar tools.

Thanks for the answers, I thought the DML and or DMR would belong to the defence. But I will create a tactic with at least three defenders in it.
Is it only Belgium competition you should select, is there a rule for? Maybe more players available if you select more countries, but also more competition from the other clubs with a higher talent pool?

I don't like CM scout, so I won't use it. Tough challenge, but count me in, take a chance in the next couple of days/weeks

AMC
09-01-17, 01:40 PM
Nah DML/R's aren't counted as defenders mate, feel free to select whatever leagues you like if you think it'll help, I didn't know if maybe France may help or not, but I've only Belgium loaded.

zionmaster
09-01-17, 03:12 PM
The club has this guy, I think he's ok

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/zionmaster84/BUATU_zpso37gusgv.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/zionmaster84/media/BUATU_zpso37gusgv.png.html)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/zionmaster84/BUATU%20-%20S_zpsyasgoth0.png (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/zionmaster84/media/BUATU%20-%20S_zpsyasgoth0.png.html)

AMC
09-01-17, 03:16 PM
Can't see the pics as in work but as I said in the second post none of the current squad players are eligible, I checked their previous clubs IRL and none came from an African club.

Russ
09-01-17, 03:53 PM
Just looking on wiki it seems that players was born in Liege, Belgium

AMC
09-01-17, 03:58 PM
What player is it?

AMC
09-01-17, 04:17 PM
Just checked on my phone, his last club was Fulham so he's not eligible http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jonathan-buatu-mananga/profil/spieler/137313

zionmaster
09-01-17, 08:02 PM
Hic, this challenge seems to be very hard :D My wife will give a birth in the next day, so I'll be back after few weeks :)

AMC
09-01-17, 08:12 PM
:lol:

All the best mate, this will still be here for you and them sleepless nights.

Vunky
09-01-17, 08:23 PM
FYI none of the current

The best way to ensure you are signing valid players easily without going through each African club manually, is using the player search and filtering Nationality to Other > Region > Africa, and then filtering based also to Other > Region > Africa.

That doesn't show all of the available players, and with just a couple of pages with players (on player search) I think you really have to look at the different teams.

I did hope, I would already have four African players after my preparation for season 1. Unlucky, a good player for my defence didn't choose to come to Beveren, but wanted to go to Paris. Pity, because he was a real improvement for my team.

I know for sure, this will be a very hard challenge...

AMC
09-01-17, 08:47 PM
It doesn't show all players though, but if people are going to use the player search function it's the best way to ensure you sign eligible players, and any scouted players should show up in there as well.

I really struggled to recruit during the season, but come the end of the season I was able to wheel and deal pretty easily.

Redknapp69
09-01-17, 09:45 PM
I spent about 6 hours last night scouting and about and another couple tonight - literally moved about 2 days in game at the mo

My tactic is to put up for sale all current players straight away - cannot be bothered to do it late on in season (maybe worth more cash then though)

Got a couple of Bosman's in which I know think is a bad shout (as have lost 15 points) when better players available when really searching Africa

Hired 7 scouts as well to help :)

AMC
09-01-17, 10:01 PM
I also signed some players in the first season which I probably shouldn't have, the problem is I was initially only doing some testing and now I've decided to carry on with the save. I neglected hiring any backroom staff until after the end of the season, and didn't tie anyone down to a contract so loads left the club on a free when I probably could have got them to sign a contract early on then cashing in on them later.

AMC
09-01-17, 10:19 PM
So as said above I've completed my first season, and it ended with us winning the league on the last day by 3 pts from Club Brugge after a 3-2 home win over Oostende, with the winning goal coming in the 90th minute from Nana Opoku Ampomah for us, if Oostende got that 5th goal though we would have lost the title on goal difference! Unfortunately in the cup we were handed a tough first game, and we went down 2-0 at home to Gent, at least there was no points on offer this season.

Over the course of the season I signed 4 players, all on a free due to the club losing around £100k every month and no transfer funds available, but as I was testing I didn't really go for quality and the trio of Abdallah Juma, Jean-Marc Makusu 0(3) - 1 goal, and Abubakar Nur Abdikarim - 0(1) all barely figured and probably won't feature much in the coming seasons. Bosman signing Heritier Luvumbu an AM/FC from Vita Club in the Democratic Republic of Congo will be in the reckoning though after he joined the club in February, and he managed a goal and an assist from 8 apps as he adapted to his new surroundings and in an unfamiliar Centre Midfield role, although he will probably feature as an Attacking Midfielder or Striker, that will depend on how the recruitment in the summer goes and what tactic I decide to go with next year.

http://i67.tinypic.com/6ntijd.jpg

Vunky
09-01-17, 10:48 PM
Is every player you buy or play for you on loan a -5 score. Also in the first season?

Because, don't know what is the best way to be sure you have a correct team to start the second season.

AMC
09-01-17, 10:50 PM
Yes all signings are minus 5 points no matter when you sign them.

Russ
09-01-17, 11:50 PM
Probably gone about this the wrong way Ive tried to sell as many players as quick as possible and replace them with African freebies in the first season.

Made £3.2 million and 4th in the League in October

Russ
09-01-17, 11:53 PM
What do you do with the original players you cant sell after the first season? Are you meant to release them all on free?

AMC
09-01-17, 11:54 PM
Yes if you can't sell them you must release them.

Redknapp69
10-01-17, 12:14 AM
Good going AMC

All my scouting done and wheeling and dealing is occuring! :roll: :bounce:

AMC
10-01-17, 10:24 AM
Good stuff mate, I wonder how many of the same players we've got, I'm just at the half way stage now of the 2nd season.

Redknapp69
10-01-17, 10:35 AM
Question - do you get fooked over in Jan with AFCON?!
Or do Belgium have mid season break? Cannot remember off top of my head without looking at fixtures

AMC
10-01-17, 10:45 AM
I haven't reached a Cup of Nations yet, there is a break in Belgium which is middle of Dec till mid of Jan so before when a tournament is.

I checked last night but there isn't a tournament till the following season (midway through season 3) and the draw isn't till the October in season 3 either, although I have had 2 or 3 players miss individual games for the club as they've been called up to the National side.

If worse comes to worse I'll allow grey players to be used but I don't think the majority of your squad will be called up and you'll still be able to field a side.

Redknapp69
10-01-17, 11:13 AM
How VERY dare you - I am only picking the cream of the crop of African wonderkids! :)

AMC
10-01-17, 11:16 AM
Give me some names :D

I was still in the testing stage so I've got a few 30+ players, in hindsight I probably should have got players in who could be with me for the full 5 seasons.

Redknapp69
10-01-17, 04:44 PM
3 games in - W1, D1, L1

And have just had a cheeky error.................. - Error v3.9.68 utils..cpp 652

Have clicked passed it so hopefully will be ok :pray:

AMC
10-01-17, 04:54 PM
Strange not had any problems thus far with errors.

Vunky
10-01-17, 05:52 PM
Just to be sure, are you allowed to buy a player who previously played outside Africa, but now is under contract at a African club?

AMC
10-01-17, 05:54 PM
Yes, as long as he is African and the club you buy him from is African that's fine.

AMC
10-01-17, 11:32 PM
2nd season done, write up tomorrow :ok:

AMC
11-01-17, 12:12 AM
Forgot to say as it's just happened to me but any youth that you get promoted must be released as well.

Redknapp69
11-01-17, 01:23 AM
Made a schoolboy error and played all my Africans straight off
Sliding down table (probably due to lack of quality) so now have a mix of Africans and previous players

Performing better - about halfway after 8-10 games and playing the current players is attracting interest which is good

Think I'm gonna get caned with minus points for massive number of signings!

Jan window opens soon and have some cracking recruits coming in. Really struggling to get hold of good midfielders though

AMC
11-01-17, 08:57 AM
There is definitely a difference in quality in what you can sign initially to what you can sign at the end of the season with more money and a raised club rep if you win something or do well.

I'm thinking a lot more long term with my signings now, my 3 goalkeepers are all 35 or over for example so none of them are gonna be with me come the last season I'd think.

Vunky
11-01-17, 09:42 AM
I'm in Feb 16, and still have to do a lot of work on my selection to be a serious contender for any price in the following seasons. Jan, wasn't a real good month because of several transfers that didn't go through. The buying club didn't have enough cash to complete the transfer. Two of them, are now leaving my club for free (missed for about 750k on it).

Really happy with two maybe three signings I already did. Young talented en multifunctional players for a low wage and contract untill 2021 / 2022. The maybe third player I like, is a striker, only thing to doubt with him is his age (30 - end of 2016 31). Other players I did sign are not significant better then the start selection, do gonna miss some of my current starting eleven. Biggest challenge for next year is to sign a goalkeeper that has enough quality for my team, most of the keepers I've looked at, have less quatily then Koteles.

For sure I've signed already players that are just not good enough, I think everybody who does this challenge will have this in the first season... Because you'll have to sell and also sign new players. With the transfer window, you'll do some dumb stuff (at least I did). Do you guys work with unprotected contracts, I don't (tapani patch)

AMC
11-01-17, 10:01 AM
I don't use any Tapani patches so I will have to worry about my players becoming unprotected and losing them to teams, although on the otherhand I can sign players who are unprotected.I'd say I'm happy with 80-90% of my squad in the fact that I don't think there is any better eligible players for their position, the only problem is the age of some of them and 3 or 4 of them can't adjust to the lifestyle.

Redknapp69
11-01-17, 10:09 AM
I guess you could be ballsy" ans stick with same team, do ok with them , get success then risk to sell them all at end of season and bring in good qualityafrican players - seems like a risk too far though IMO

I have 3 good keepers - 1 young and 2 around the 27 mark

I look to have a good striker for my 1 up top

Some fine DEF coming in Jan but MID is where I am struggling - have a couple of decent players coming in but nothing standout from an AM side

Russ
11-01-17, 10:13 AM
In my first season Im in second place coming into February, ive signed a lot of dross African players, most of them seem to be doing OK though, will be interesting at the end of the season when I have to release some of my current squad, some of the players I have signed are crap so I don’t know how they will do next season.
Just one note, I am using an Iodine tactic, is that OK?

AMC
11-01-17, 10:26 AM
Yeah the tactic is fine mate, it fits the restrictions as it's got 3 or more defenders and wide men in the full backs.

Kingsley
11-01-17, 10:26 AM
Hic, this challenge seems to be very hard :D My wife will give a birth in the next day, so I'll be back after few weeks :)

Come on man. Where are your priorities ?

AMC
11-01-17, 10:28 AM

Don't see you doing it though mate :D

Vunky
11-01-17, 10:35 AM
Yeah the tactic is fine mate, it fits the restrictions as it's got 3 or more defenders and wide men in the full backs.

But the tactic rule has an and/or in it. Is that just a 'and' rule?

AMC
11-01-17, 10:45 AM
Good spot, I copied that from another challenge so I've amended it now.

Thanks for pointing it out mate :ok:

AMC
11-01-17, 07:55 PM
Forgot about the Liverpool game tonight so will probably be tomorrow I do the write up.

Yaya Toure is available on a free after leaving Marseille and he will talk terms but I can only offer a maximum of £5k p/w and he wants £9k p/w :(

Plenty of money in the bank though so I may ask the board for more wages.

Redknapp69
11-01-17, 08:37 PM
Forgot about Yaya - need to shortlist him!

Up to about 5th after around 15 games. On a good run now

Vunky
12-01-17, 08:15 PM
Just finished the first season on a second place with 67 points. Club Brugge was the champion with 71 points, I've lost to many points against the midlevel teams. Pity, but with CL qualification I hope to be good enough to get some quality players.

Also did win the cup with a 0-3 win over Kortrijk. Now preparing for the second all African squad.

AMC
12-01-17, 09:09 PM
So ahead of the 2nd season mass changes to the squad would need to be done, everybody out (bar the 4 I'd signed already) and a whole new squad in. In total £6m was raised from the departures, while 25 were brought in for a combined £1.6m the biggest of which was the £300k signing of Gerard Bakinde from Unisport de Bafang. It became clear that wide midfielders weren't in abundance and initially full backs were hard to find, but in the end I managed to sign a couple of left and right backs, and with a plethora of strikers on offer I decided to go with a 4-3-3 formation for the season ahead, and this is how it went.

League - Winners! Once again we were in a battle with Club Brugge for the title, but we did enough to hold off their challenge and retain our title.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Season%202%20table.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Season%202%20table.jpg.html)

Cup - Winners! We overcome Charleroi (4-0 A), La Calamine (2-1 H), Club Brugge (4-1 A) and Beerschot Wilrijk (3-0 H & 3-0 A on agg) on route to the final were we would face the team who knocked us out of the tournament last year Gent. There was no disappointment this time though as we won the game 4-1 to give me my first Belgian Cup.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Cup%20Final%204-1.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Cup%20Final%204-1.jpg.html)

Super Cup - Winners! One for the neutrals, the first game with my new players was a great show of attacking football as the goals came thick and fast as 8 were scored over the 90 mins, with us getting the better of Club Brugge 5-3.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Belgian%20Super%20Cup.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Belgian%20Super%20Cup.jpg.html)

Champions League - 1st Group Stage 3rd Place. Drawn into a group featuring Man Utd, Atletico Madrid and Red Bull Salzburg it was always going to be tough to qualify from the group and that's how it turned out, although we did almost escape Old Trafford with a win until they equalised in the 86th minute to make it 3-3, but in the end we had to settle for 3rd place and passage into the Europa League.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/CL%20Group_1.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/CL%20Group_1.jpg.html)

Europa League - Semi Finals. First up were Dynamo Kiev and 2-0 wins away and at home saw us through to the 4th round and a tie with Ajax. We were in Amsterdam first and lost 3-2 with all the goals coming in the opening 38 mins, two of Ajax's coming from the penalty spot but we did the job in the return leg as we ran out 5-2 winners on the night, this time us scoring a couple of pens and Tim Krul being sent off on 40 for the Dutch Side. Spurs were up next and some how we left White Hart Lane 3-1 winners thanks to some clinical finishing and good goalkeeping, and it was the same score in the home leg to set up a Semi Final against Celta Vigo. Unfortunately, this is where this crazy run ended as we lost home and away 1-0, but what a time we had and it raised some decent cash too!

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Europa%20League.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Europa%20League.jpg.html)

Player of the season would probably be striker Kennedy Boateng who signed from Medeama in Ghana for just £28k and repaid my faith in him scoring a fantastic 39 goals in 46 games, although Heritier Luvumbu who signed towards the end of last season managed 15 goals and 19 assists in 40(1) games also deserves a mention. I've made one signing already ahead of next year that of young Guinean midfielder Issiaga Camara from Horoya in Guinea for £450k and I've my eye on a couple more (including Yaya) but I'm in no rush to sign them unless another club bids for them. The only negative is some of the older players stats are declining quickly even with the ones only 31/32 (probably 41/42 actually :D) but the training facilities are poor so thankfully the board agreed to improve them and now they are listed as top facilities with a youth academy, hopefully this will see them stats increasing once again.

Points this season

Belgian Pro League - 200 pts
Belgian Cup - 100 pts
Europa League Semi Final - 100 pts
Belgian Super Cup - 50 pts
29 signings made - (-)145 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 50 + 100 - 145 = 305 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 305 pts

Redknapp69
13-01-17, 11:00 AM
Great stuff AMC! Fine write up!

Bitch of a CL draw but a fine run in Europa

Amazing double - smashing the challenge early doors!

Wibby/Wobbing?

Looks like it much needed for next year which is nice

I like the age joke as well :lol:

AMC
13-01-17, 11:08 AM

Yeah wib wob mate, to be honest I wanted the Europa League run to end earlier, I feared winning it and people thinking I was cheating :D I thought Ajax or Spurs would have at least posed more of a threat so after beating them I thought it was a real possibility, but Celta Vigo have always been a bogey side for me going back to 00/01.

£7.5m in the bank now, £8m available for transfers but the board rejected my request for more wages so doesn't look like Yaya will be joining :(

AMC
13-01-17, 11:39 AM
Just finished the first season on a second place with 67 points. Club Brugge was the champion with 71 points, I've lost to many points against the midlevel teams. Pity, but with CL qualification I hope to be good enough to get some quality players.

Also did win the cup with a 0-3 win over Kortrijk. Now preparing for the second all African squad.

Missed this last night, good work mate, Club Brugge are indeed a bugger, they've run me close both seasons, well done on the cup as well.

Best of luck with the overhaul in the summer and getting them players in mate :ok:

Kingsley
13-01-17, 02:05 PM

Yeah wib wob mate, to be honest I wanted the Europa League run to end earlier, I feared winning it and people thinking I was cheating :D I thought Ajax or Spurs would have at least posed more of a threat so after beating them I thought it was a real possibility, but Celta Vigo have always been a bogey side for me going back to 00/01.

£7.5m in the bank now, £8m available for transfers but the board rejected my request for more wages so doesn't look like Yaya will be joining :(

Great effort. I thought it was me that had a problem with Celta Vigo (and BATE). Also, I thought it was me that wanted European runs to end :)

AMC
13-01-17, 02:12 PM
Cheers mate, Celta and Depor always cause me trouble, not sure on BATE though.

Vunky
13-01-17, 06:58 PM
Season 2 is in november and I just finished my first CL campaign. Did have some trouble with the transfers and did make a geographical mistake, zo spoiled some money. Sold my whole selection for total € 5.500.000. Could be more, but had some problems with buying clubs who couldn't pay the fee.

The incoming transfer sum is also the sum that I did invest in new players. Really have some good players, and for the most I like my best player, with a firstname he really deserves: Godspower.

After 11 games in the first division, I have 26 points (8-2-1), Standard is the first with 28, Club and Gent do follow on 3&4 with 25 & 24 points. Everything close to each other at this moment.

My champions league poule was with Benfica, Juventus and Olympiakos. I only managed to get a point in my home game against Juventus, so didn't have any dream of playing in the CL after the winterbreak. But with my last game home against Olympiakos, I would have enough with a 2 goals difference win. I don't know why my players did this to me:

http://i68.tinypic.com/91fd04.png

Now I have to build a new stadium, and still searching for my voice.

Vunky
14-01-17, 02:00 PM
May 2017 - Beveren

I've just finished my second year with Waasland-Beveren, and it will be a season to remember. Not only because of the achievements, but also intense tension in the last couple of matches, or even last couple of minutes in a game. A short overview:

Super Cup
With my cup win in season 15/16 I deserved a spot in the Super Cup match at the start of the season. With a game against the champion Club Brugge it was a terrible start of the season. A well deserved 3-0 victory for Brugge and I was really in doubt if my selection would be good enough to have a good season.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2yzalup.png

League
Waasland-Beveren and Club Brugge really made the most historical fight for the championship in Belgium history. Halfway february '17, Waasland-Beveren had a advantage of 5 or 6 points on nearest contender Club Brugge. But then I had a serie of games against Antwerp home (1-2) Anderlecht away (1-0) and Lokeren home (1-1). My advantage in points was gone, but still leading the table on a better goal difference.

19-04-17, a big game in the Jupiler Pro League because is was Club Brugge - Waasland Beveren. A game between the numbers 1 & 2 on the ranking where Waasland had a three points lead on Club. A really cautious opening 15 minutes, where I really expected a full attacking Club Brugge. Then minute 23, for no reason my central defender tries to kill Leandro Paredes with a two feed tackle, a red card for him. But my defence was really impressive that away day. MOTM, the defender who replaced the red card defender. With a 9 he was the big man in Brugge. The game ended with a 0-0.

An easy task to win the championship was to win at least 4 of the next 5 games, and the championship run did continue untill the last match. I had to play against Charleroi (away). My players did well under a lot of pressure and won this match with 1-3, for the first time in history Waasland-Beveren was champion of the Jupiler Pro League.

http://i68.tinypic.com/9zqecz.png

Cup
Sixth round: OHL (home) 5-0

Seventh round: Charleroi (away) 2-2 - I've won the match on penalties, a game with three red cards (2 for Waasland), it was really close and I did not deserve to go to the next round. But I had more luck with the penalty shootout.

Quarter Final: Club Brugge (away) 1-4 - what a weird match, both teams had just four shots. My team was excellent in finishing, wow a really big win!

Semi Final: Sint Truiden (5-2 aggregate) - a first match 2-0 home win, and a fourth minute away goal, was already enough to go to the final.

Final: Lokeren - a real cup final, between two teams that wanted to win this big price. It was a game with chances for both teams, but a new player in Waasland-Beveren selection did decide this Cup Final. A 1-0 victory for Waasland Beveren!

http://i66.tinypic.com/mkg11f.png

Champions League & UEFA Cup
For the CL story, see my previous post. Still can't believe that narrow escape, but I think that escape did get a payback in my UEFA Cup draw. With a lot of 'easy' teams my team did get a draw against Sevilla. One of the better teams I could draw, not very happy with it. The first match was in Sevilla and I lost with 1-0. At home it really looks like a perfect game. Sevilla did receive a red card in minute 2 and in minute 30. But with 11 against 9 I just manage to score 1 goal, penalties. From the 12 penalties in total both teams missed 7 of them. But my team couldn't cope with the pressure this time and missed four of the six. The end of my Europa campaign, and totally not necessary.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mr8sv6.png

Player of the season
Have to name a couple of important players.

Yakubu Mohammed - Wow, this player is so important as a perfect DMC. 25 appearences (because of a minimum fee clausule, I didn't play with him at the start of the season) and a average score of 8. Really impressive!

Godspower Aniefiok - Did mention him in my last post, great midfielder for me. 50 matches, 11 goals 16 assist. A fast powerhouse on the midfield.

Wishes for the future
Have a lot of wishes, but really want to buy Rivaldo Coetzee. He's the perfect addition for my central defence.

Belgian Cup - 100 pts
Belgian Super Cup - 20 pts
30 signings made - (-)150 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 20 - 150 = 170 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 170 pts

Vunky
14-01-17, 08:45 PM
Wishes for the future
Have a lot of wishes, but really want to buy Rivaldo Coetzee. He's the perfect addition for my central defence.

New season already started, and I did succeed in the transfer of Rivaldo Coetzee. With also some additions to my squad, I must be ready for a new season. The super cup, again against Club Brugge, and for the second year, I've lost. This time after penalties, with only 1 penalty promoted to a goal in 6 penalties for my team, I didn't deserve that cup...

The CL poule was a new meeting with Juventus, also Chelsea and Rosenborg in the poule. Didn't know what to expect from Juve and Chelsea, but in squad they should be better then my team. Rosenborg and Waasland should go for the third spot in the poule and UEFA Cup qualification. After four games, I had four victories, 12 points and already qualified for the next round with Chelsea following at the second position. Nice surprise for my financial man in the club.

AJ
15-01-17, 09:03 AM
Gonna give this a whirl just as soon as I finish the Alphabet Challenge with the new(est) dB.

Russ
15-01-17, 11:18 PM
Not sure ive gone about this in the right way. January in my first season and I have my squad of Africans, went for a scatter gun approach and I basically got carried away and Ive signed a load of crap. Hey ho lets see how it go's

Redknapp69
16-01-17, 12:12 AM
I done the same mate - letting them all go for free now just to free up wages :lol:

Redknapp69
16-01-17, 12:42 AM
Season 1

League
Head to head v Club Brugge leaders in penultimate game. We lose it. Then we draw last game of season v 10 men and superkeepered and we lose 2nd place. Down to 3rd and I do not think that is good enough for Champions league footie (and cash!) next season :cry: :frusty:

Belgium Cup
Going great guns then had a shocker in 2nd leg of S/F losing 6-4 on aggregate

Signings
41 of them :pound:

Points for challenge = 41*5 = -205

Onto season 2 and have a decent squad but would like some new recruits. Have sold most of non African's for £0 - will see if I have to release any

AMC
16-01-17, 12:14 PM
Hard luck there Red, best getting them slip ups out the way now though when points don't count although not getting CL and the money that goes with it is a blow.

Great stuff on the double Vunky, I need to check out some of them players as I haven't got them or even have them on my radar, although Coetzee is a name I recognise I think I also tried to sign him but have been unsuccessful in doing so thus far.

Best of luck for the season ahead Vunky, Red and Russ :ok:

Dermotron
16-01-17, 12:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRC7zKfKomc

Redknapp69
16-01-17, 03:11 PM
3rd and i'm in 2nd round qualifying for Europa league - cheeky feckers!

I'm not wib wobbing either so I may not get the results you boys get :)

AMC
16-01-17, 03:23 PM
That's your own fault mate :D

I thought the challenge was tricky enough without making it non wib wob as well.

I'll have a look at the video later Derm, in work currently at won't show up - had to check on my phone to see what it was!

Redknapp69
16-01-17, 03:35 PM
no idea how to wib wob and cannot be bothered to learn - would rather tinker my own tactics :)

Chemical Bros. video of the sang "It began in Afrika" :rockon: :dance: :lock:

AMC
16-01-17, 03:43 PM

I thought about loading up Toto - Africa while playing :D

Vunky
16-01-17, 09:28 PM
I haven't reached a Cup of Nations yet, there is a break in Belgium which is middle of Dec till mid of Jan so before when a tournament is.

I checked last night but there isn't a tournament till the following season (midway through season 3) and the draw isn't till the October in season 3 either, although I have had 2 or 3 players miss individual games for the club as they've been called up to the National side.

If worse comes to worse I'll allow grey players to be used but I don't think the majority of your squad will be called up and you'll still be able to field a side.

I'm midway season three, and the Africa Cup has been played. From my squad (32 players) 10 players did play on the Africa Cup, 6 normally would play in my starting eleven. That I was knocked out of the CL poule with Roma, Bayern & Atletico, was hard because I think I would have a chance when I could start with my best eleven in the games against Roma. With this B-squad I've lost both matches, with 5 points a third place in the poule.

In the competition I still go on top of the league, with 9 games to play Club Brugge and Antwerp do follow on position two and three with 2 and 4 points less then Waasland. In the cup I've lost from Antwerp in the 7th round. Now I can have the focus on just the competition.

AMC
16-01-17, 09:32 PM
Cheers mate, I've just started the 3rd season so was going to report my findings on the Cup of Nations as well.

Yaya's just retired and Kolo is this coming season so I'm on the look out for their regens :D

Redknapp69
16-01-17, 09:55 PM
AFCON happened in season 1 with me (I have Saturn's patch added so not sure if that has done something to it?)

AMC
16-01-17, 09:56 PM
Yeah it will do if you've not started in 2001/02.

Redknapp69
17-01-17, 03:15 AM
£2m in debt, (using Aussie € for "todays" finances) out Europa League in 3rd round to Wolfsburg after a bitch of a draw and out of Belgium Cup

2nd in league with 7 games to go, 4 points behind leader

Desperately need CL football for some cash next season otherwise the debt will continue to rise. Have sold everyone I do not need and squad less than 30 players I think now. Loaned quite a few out for experience.

AMC
17-01-17, 10:06 AM
How far ahead of 3rd are ya mate?

Sounds like you played quite a bit after I left you on the shoutbox last night :D

Russ
17-01-17, 10:33 AM
Finished the first season in second place with 79 points and managed to sell £7.1 million worth of players. Have about a £4 budget to buy players with for my second season although I dont need all that many.

AMC
17-01-17, 10:42 AM
£4 or £4m :D

Yeah shopping is cheap as chips which is good, thanks to CL and the Europa run and season tickets at the start of season 3 I've got just over £10m in the bank now, and there's no way I'll be spending that or even could without me significantly raising my transfer bids just for the hell of it!

Best of luck for the season ahead mate :ok:

Redknapp69
17-01-17, 12:10 PM
about 3-4 points ahead of 3rd I think as we just beat them in a head to head

AMC
17-01-17, 12:15 PM
A good head-to-head to win mate, even if you can't make up that gap on 1st as long as you stay 2nd you should be in the CL qualifiers I think, winners go straight to the group stage.

Vunky
17-01-17, 07:51 PM
May 2018 - Beveren

Third year ended with my last home game against Genk (1-2). I think the partying after the game against Kortrijk away (0-4) and getting the championship for the second following year was the reason for this home defeat. A short overview of the season:

Super Cup
As champions and cup winners of 16/17, I played against Club Brugge. The second placed team in the table for the past season. Again it did look like a big defeat. After 1-3 down, with less then 20 minutes to play, I thought the game was over. But I did came back in the game, and it was a penalty shoot-out. Not the best thing to get with this team. Brugge did win the penalty serie with 1-2 (12 penalties).

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hyjq87.png

League
This year Club Brugge wasn't my biggest contender for the title. But the team playing on the Bosuil was. The very attacking Antwerp did deserve the second spot, with only three points behind Waasland Beveren. Although it's only three points, I didn't have so much doubts in getting the title in comparisation with last year. My squad was better in finding the opponents goal, and we didn't have the late escape victories anymore. Last year was a bit of outsiders champions luck, this year we are for sure the best team and did deserve the championship.

Did have the same amount of points, but more goals then the last season.

http://i68.tinypic.com/119p25k.png

Cup
Sixth round: Deinze (away) 0-3 - The score should be a lot higher. But the most important thing was getting through to the seventh round.

Seventh round: Antwerp (home) 0-2 - Shock defeat against Antwerp, with my best team available I didn't deserve a victory. Antwerp had more chances and they returned home with a 0-2 victory.

Champions League & UEFA Cup
The first poule with Juventus, Chelsea and Rosenborg was unexpected easy. After four games in this poule, I already was qualified for the next round

http://i66.tinypic.com/9geihs.png

The second poule with Bayern, AS Roma and Atletico :shocked: could it be harder than this poule? Because of the Africa Cup, I've missed ten players when I needed to play against AS Roma (home and away). With two points after Bayern (home) and Atletico (Away) I was really upset with losing 6 starting eleven players for the next matches. With two 1-0 defeats, and Bayern away, it was basically over.

http://i67.tinypic.com/lfpjt.png

Player of the season
Last year the fans named him player of the season, but wasn't on my shortlist. Just because I excpect more from him. This year without any doubt he is the player of the season:

Saber Khalifa - I've added him to my squad in the winter break of the first season. Did this year what I already thought he could do. 40 goals in 42 matches, 2 assist and 9 times he was the man of the match. For sure he's the player of the season.

I need to mention Yakubu Mohammed again, a 8.13 average rating in 39 matches is also impressive.

Wishes for the future
I think my defence is already done for the upcoming season. Will look for a possible better keeper, but keepers will always be hard to find in Africa.

Most important thing is a central midfielder, hope to find a Yaya Toure regen ;)

6 signings made - (-)30 pts

Total for season = 200 + 20 - 30 = 190 pts

Total points on challenge so far = 360 pts

AMC
17-01-17, 08:09 PM
Well done on retaining your league title mate, shame about the cups especially after taking the Super Cup to penalties after being 3-1 down.

Let us know if you find Yaya's regen or a decent keeper, my 3 keepers are all 35 or over now so none are gonna be there in the next couple of seasons I'd have thought.

AMC
17-01-17, 08:57 PM
Yaya's regen located and bid lodged :D

AMC
17-01-17, 11:04 PM
Only two players away to the Cup of Nations, went up to a £1m on Yaya's regen which they rejected then noticed a month later his contract would be up in 6 months and I could talk terms with him, that day came and the bugger signed a new contract with his club on that very same day, so had to bid again. Bid up to £2m which was accepted but he turned it down this time.

Vunky
17-01-17, 11:21 PM
Only two players away to the Cup of Nations, went up to a £1m on Yaya's regen which they rejected then noticed a month later his contract would be up in 6 months and I could talk terms with him, that day came and the bugger signed a new contract with his club on that very same day, so had to bid again. Bid up to £2m which was accepted but he turned it down this time.

Ah damn, that's so ignoring.

I didn't find a better goalkeeper than my current keeper is, because of his age (32) there is also not a real priority to have a keeper on short term. Did find some new players, I hope they are a good addition to my (big) squad.

What do you guys find the best way to know which player is better? I do use scouts, coach reports and I compare every player with my highest rated player. But because all of these could have a different outcome I don't know what to believe. In this game the compare functionality does win it from the scout reports and coach reports.

For example, I have 6 central defenders. I compare 1 with 2, if 1 is better I will compare 1 with 3. I do this until I have the best two defenders. My definition of better is, does the one defender have more stars than the other. I think it does work, but it's very weird that my best central defender, is a player wo doesn't belong in the team.

I will continu to use this method to buy my team, but just curious in what u use.

AMC
17-01-17, 11:25 PM
I just look at the stats and compare, don't really look at the star ratings in the comparison mode themselves, I only use scouts to discover the players after that I go on my judgement and don't take into account their scout rating for the player.

Redknapp69
18-01-17, 12:35 AM
Got 3 keepers with tats of about 17/18, 12/14, 10/14 for handling/reflexes/positioning (not sure the first 2 arts are in correct order).
Preset happy with GK situation and should sort me for the rest of challenge unless better cones along

Good work Vunky.

Crazy pen shootout. Interesting stuff in CL and unlucky on AFCON feeling you over

Great stuff on league but shock in cup

Was :tea: tonight so will get back on this tomorrow !

AMC
18-01-17, 10:15 AM
Give me names for the keepers mate :D

I made a mistake my 3 keepers are 37, 33 and 33, but I definitely searching for a younger model - who isn't? :D

Russ
18-01-17, 10:58 AM
Yaya's regen located and bid lodged :D

How do you find the regens?

Russ
18-01-17, 11:01 AM
FYI the keeper I signed was Ronwen Williams from SuperSport United he's been steady.

AMC
18-01-17, 11:17 AM
Will check him out mate :ok:

I knew Yaya had retired so I just went through the Ivory Coast club teams and see if I could see a decent MC.

You can use external tools like gpf2 as well or you can make a note of their position, what foot they are and their balance and flair stats and search for those as they don't change from player to regen, back in the day I had a notepad full of players positions, footedness and flair and balance stats :D

Got two long term injuries last night, my DMC for 10 months and a centre back for 9 months so had to make a couple of signings to replace them. I also released a player who was probably 5th choice striker and was skipping training all the time.

Vunky
18-01-17, 08:46 PM
Although is always -5 for every signing, I can't stop buying players when they are a real talent or good addition to my squad. For the start of my fourth year at Waasland, I've signed 8 new players. And I think, now in the winter break, that I did improve my squad. Only a bit dissapointed in my AMC, thought he would do better, but will keep the faith in him (at least for this season). I hate the fact that I would like to sign Samuel Atta Mensah, but when I wanted to buy him, I wasn't capable of signing him. He was transfered to Zenit and now is a real good AMC, would love to have him. But that's impossible for now....

First time, I've won the Super Cup (2-0 against Anderlecht), second place in the CL poule with Barcelona (1) Sporting (3) & PAOK (4). Now in a poule with Ajax, Chelsea and Napoli (all have 3 points after 2 matches, after all winning their home game). After the winterbreak I have two matches against Napoli so I hope it's not the same as last year in the two important matches against the ITA team in the poule.

In the league, I'm on top again. 17 games played - 14 won, 1 draw, 2 lost. Three points ahead of Anderlecht, four on Club Brugge, but they have already 18 matches played.

@AMC, my keeper is Itumeleng Khune, in stats not that impressive as the keepers from Redknapp69, but I can't find the players he have with these stats.

AMC
18-01-17, 09:05 PM
Yeah I can't find any keepers better than I currently have either.

8 league games to go, just lost top spot to Brugge after losing 4-2 away at Eupen, didn't help having my keeper and DMC being sent off on 21 and 22 :censored:

Got Brugge at home about 4 games from the end which could have a massive say on the destination of the title.

Redknapp69
19-01-17, 02:33 AM
Season 2

League

Sticky start, settled on best XI and climbed the league nicely. Last 2/3rd of the season beating 1st and 2nd in head to head games was massive. We kept up our form and they both imploded somewhat.

Instead of a fight for 2nd CL place it meant a rather easy league win with a game or 2 to spare. Completely unexpected and chuffed to bits! - 200 points! :first:

https://s23.postimg.org/bf0ddtlyj/Season_2_League_Champions_200_Points.png (https://postimg.org/image/63lgt3zvr/)
https://s23.postimg.org/3njnf9ht7/Season_2_League_climb.png (https://postimg.org/image/aqriuvn8n/)
https://s23.postimg.org/3otl8ojmz/Season_2_League_Club_Brugge_imploded.png (https://postimg.org/image/z8jmirpt3/)

Cup

Club Brugge had revenge somewhat and dumped us out in 7th round. Scored in last few mins to force extra time then beat us on pen - w@nkers! :frusty: - 0 Points

https://s23.postimg.org/i2rx3az57/Season_2_Cup_7th_Round.png (https://postimg.org/image/rnbjq6oh3/)

Europa League

Had a b!tch of a draw in 3rd round v Wolfsburg, played the games in the shoutbox and lost 4-3 on aggregate in extra time :cry: - 0 Points

https://s28.postimg.org/xc3y4ahst/Season_2_Europa_League_3rd_Round.png (https://postimg.org/image/bcxjh30yh/)post images (https://postimage.org/)

Transfers - 6 players - = -30 points

https://s23.postimg.org/jbkum1xez/Season_2_Transfers.png (https://postimg.org/image/5unw36n3b/)

Total points for season 2 = 170 points

Total points for challenge = -35 points!

Also - nicely in debt as well :eek: :shocked: (and that is AFTER getting nearly £1m for winning the league :lol::pound:)

https://s23.postimg.org/dts8y927f/Season_2_Finances.png (https://postimg.org/image/dh0us2jxj/)

If any awards come my way I'll update this :ok:

But honourable mention for the BEAST striker. :hail: Also the GK I have are below

Not many signings needed next season but spotted a couple of potential young gems i'll try and bring in for midfield. Not sure how we'll fare in Europe! :scared: :behindsofa:

https://s23.postimg.org/ug4ra7otn/Season_2_Beast.png (https://postimg.org/image/eunfq9cvb/)
https://s23.postimg.org/jvzvoqqnf/Season_2_GK_Atts.png (https://postimg.org/image/qz7r4cw2v/)

AMC
19-01-17, 08:58 AM
Well done on the league title mate, the Champions League money will easily cover the debt, you get £1.8m just for being in the group stage (not sure what that is in Aussie dollars), and then you'll make a mint from TV Revenue, any wins or draws and I think ticket money is split for all games but don't quote me on that!

Them 3 keepers all look much better than mine, will have to check them out and possibly that striker too!

Vunky
19-01-17, 09:23 AM
Well done in winning the title, nice progress during the competition. Don't see much names that I have in my team or my shortlist. Except Amusan & Asante, where Amusan is just the third striker, Asante is a important AMC.

AMC
19-01-17, 04:34 PM
I've Amusan as well but I play 3 up top so he's one of my starters, not seen Asante though I don't think so that's another name for me to look for :D

Should finish my 3rd season tonight.

Russ
19-01-17, 11:13 PM
Found a fantastic young striker, Patson Daka

AMC
19-01-17, 11:15 PM
Will be tomorrow I finish my 3rd season now, looked at ya 3 keepers Red, two are crap on my save but Saladhine is awesome! Shame he left for China midway through the first season :(

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 12:32 AM
Aye - picked him up as a wee nipper :ok:

Russ
20-01-17, 12:40 AM
A good DMC for those who use them Mark Sekyere

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 04:17 PM
I have him - BEAST

AMC
20-01-17, 04:25 PM
Will look out for him, cheers mate.

I could be wrong but I can't remember any of scouts picking up any North African players, so I'm gonna have a look at Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria tonight and see if there's anyone decent.

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 05:54 PM
I spent an absolute age clicking on every club in africa and adding every player to shortlist :ranger: :sleep: :yawn:

AMC
20-01-17, 05:55 PM

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 06:27 PM
Yaya free agent...............wants to join us......................but we cannot afford 26k pw wages (only 13k) :cry:

AMC
20-01-17, 06:30 PM
Same position I was in mate, then he went and retired :lol:

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 06:48 PM
hopefully can wait a month or so and then season ticket money etc may come in or CL money :pray:

AMC
20-01-17, 07:02 PM
CL money will sort you right out mate, especially if you get a Barca, Real or Utd and the ticket money is split. I think each game you get £125k in TV Revenue, a win is £200k and a draw £100k so there's big money to be earned.

Should be on after 8 to finish my season and do write up of season 3.

CMCZ
20-01-17, 07:43 PM
Just curious about the selections. Can anyone post a screenshot?

wondering if the hidden gems are discovered..

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 07:51 PM
eh?

In other news - Training ground facilities upgraded and cost £6m!

Now puts us in £7m debt! :shocked: :eek:

https://s24.postimg.org/5c4zyl8xx/debt.png (https://postimg.org/image/tfvrmvrep/)adult photo sharing (https://pixxxels.org/)

AMC
20-01-17, 08:10 PM

Hopefully season tickets and CL footy will see you right mate :ok:

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 08:20 PM
Had season ticket money - another £2m just came in though which helps

2 promising youngsters signed in midfield and may go straight into team - not much else needed for this season I do not think

AMC
20-01-17, 09:37 PM
A good DMC for those who use them Mark Sekyere

Another who moved out of Africa in the first season, now at Torino after a spell at Catania.

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 10:16 PM
Massive blow before start of season - He's my first choice DC :cry:

https://s27.postimg.org/vstku0qs3/image.png (https://postimg.org/image/qheo9b4pb/)upload pic (https://postimage.org/)

AMC
20-01-17, 11:34 PM
Just 4 signings made across the season, the already mentioned Camara ahead of the season, 18 year old striker Gaoussou Nillmar Sow in September for £500k, and Tunisian duo Hatten Baratli and Nabil Moncer in January and late February respectively. There was one departure as well, 5th choice striker Minguito missed training a few times and at 35 releasing him was never going to be a miss so out he went. To the season then...

League - Winners! What a title race! In our 29th game and Club Brugge's 30th game we came from behind to beat them 2-1 at home to leap frog Brugge into 1st place, a position we had occupied for most of the season until back-to-back defeats just a month previous saw us drop to 2nd. After regaining top spot I'd like to say we closed out the season with no problems at all, but that was never going to happen! Next up was an away trip to Anderlecht which we lost 1-0, but we stayed top as Brugge could only draw. Gameweek 31 saw an away trip to OHL and a red card, a superkeeper and an own goal from Mbah saw us lose 2-1, and the next day a 5-0 win for Brugge saw them regain 1st place by 3 points but we had a game in hand. That game in hand saw us return to winning ways with a 4-1 away win at Lierse, and we were top again on what I could only assume was the head-to-head record as we had scored fewer goals and conceded more than Brugge, not that I was complaining! Gameweek 33 saw wins for both ourselves and Brugge to set up a nervy last day, us away at Antwerp and Brugge at home to Anderlecht. We fell behind after 8 mins only for Luvumbu to level things on 22 and at the break it was 1-1, a glance at the latest scores saw Brugge drawing 0-0. We made a great start to the second half scoring not once but twice in the first 5 mins, but before we could get too ahead of ourselves Antwerp pulled one back on 53, it set up a nervy finish and I completely forgot about the other game. We weathered the storm though and saw out the win to retain our title, and news from Brugge showed that Anderlecht had in fact managed a 2-0 win, just in case the league weren't won on the head-to-head record when level on points.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Season%203%20table.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Season%203%20table.jpg.html)

Cup - Winners! Deinze, Sint-Truiden, Charleroi (after a replay) and Standard Liege were all beat on the way to the final, were we beat Zulte-Waregem 3-2 in a hard fought game a week after that dramatic last day of the league season.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Cup%20Final%203-2.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Cup%20Final%203-2.jpg.html)

Super Cup - Winners! Like last year we faced familiar foes in Club Brugge, and although not as entertaining as last year we still got the win and there was a sending off for Brugge.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Belgian%20Super%20Cup_1.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Belgian%20Super%20Cup_1.jpg.html)

Champions League - 1st Group Stage 3rd Place. I actually thought we'd qualified for the 2nd Group Stage but despite going down 3-0 away at Real Madrid in our last game, nearest challengers Leverkusen were drawing 3-3 against PSV deep into injury time, that was until Arda Turan scored with the last kick of the game, and we dropped to 3rd and Europa League football - we're the team with no name :D

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/CL%20Group_2.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/CL%20Group_2.jpg.html)

Europa League - Winners! Another unbelievable run in this competition which saw us actually lift the trophy this time! Our journey was almost over before it started as we lost our first game 2-1 at home to Young Boys before beating them 3-1 away. Things didn't get much better next against Lille, drawing 1-1 at home before squeezing through 2-1 in France, although the quarter final against Napoli was easier, 2-0 at home before a magnificent 4-3 win in Naples. Tottenham opponents last year in this competition took an early lead in Belgium before we rallied to win 4-1, but we had an almighty scare in London, as we went 2-0 down early on, and despite pulling one back, another for Spurs on 83 set up a nail biting last 10 mins but we managed to make the Final. The Final would be held in Warsaw as we took on Chelsea, and it was our turn to go into an early 2-0 lead but that was short lived, before we regained our two goal cushion minutes later and just before half time we got a fourth. Daniel Sturridge made it 3-2 to Chelsea on 57, but we stood resolute and were unlucky not to get a 5th after we had a goal disallowed for a marginal offside, but it didn't matter and we claimed an historic victory!

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o485/mf0u403e/Europa%20League_1.jpg (http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/mf0u403e/media/Europa%20League_1.jpg.html)

Despite an unbelievable season I had some very sticky patches, and I think it took a dozen or so games till the central striker in my 4-3-3 formation actually scored! Thankfully they came good towards the end and Boateng 18 in 29(13) and Sow 11 in 21(12) helped us to them trophies. Player of the season would have to go to Heritier Luvumbu though who managed 19 goals and 15 assists in 47 games, while defensive midfielder Merveille Bokadi actually had the highest average rating with 7.71, as he forced his way into becoming my first choice midfield anchor.

Points this season

Belgian Cup - 100 pts
Europa League Winners - 500 pts
Belgian Super Cup - 50 pts
4 signings made - (-)20 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 500 + 50 - 20 = 830 pts.

Total points on challenge so far = 305 pts + 830 pts = 1,135 pts.

Redknapp69
20-01-17, 11:43 PM
Another great season :clap:

That league finish was bonkers - nervy stuff indeed!

Crazy Europa League journey as well and lovely to see you stick it up Chelsea in the final

Sure CL progress is the focus for next season :nod:

AMC
20-01-17, 11:53 PM
Don't know about that mate, the Europa League has served me well so far :D

That league was ridiculous, for some reason the team always had a defeat or two in them and that's what saw a topsy-turvy finish, after we had them back-to-back defeats but beat Club Brugge to regain top spot but that should have been it, but once again we decided to lose a couple of games to let Brugge right in it and put the pressure back on ourselves. It's like we enjoy it in some perverse way :D

- - - Updated - - -

I really like Arda Turan as well :lol:

Redknapp69
21-01-17, 02:35 AM
Money troubles sorted

Facing Barca and Real madrid in CL :pound:

Shame league form is not great at the mo

AMC
23-01-17, 10:19 AM
Well done on the double mate, and also getting through the first group stage of the Champions League especially managing to beat Real Madrid! Hard luck on the 2nd Group stage though, hopefully that run has done wonders for your finances now though!

Redknapp69
23-01-17, 11:03 AM
Aye - £13m (aussie dollars) in the bank at start of next season

Still struggling to find cracking midfielders

GK, Defence and Strikers all sorted for rest of challenge though

Vunky
23-01-17, 12:08 PM
Aye - £13m (aussie dollars) in the bank at start of next season

Still struggling to find cracking midfielders

GK, Defence and Strikers all sorted for rest of challenge though

Next to Aniefiok I've got a new midfielder for this season. I believe his name is Salem (didn't play for the whole weekend), will look it up tonight. But he's perfect for this challenge. My current season I'm still fighting for the championship and the cup. Again was unsuccesfull in reaching the knockout fase for the CL, and so pissed with that one that I couldn't play anymore ;) Will give a bit more feedback tonight.

Well done Redknapp69 with the double. AMC massive performance, wow really impressive to win that cup!

Vunky
23-01-17, 07:58 PM
Next to Aniefiok I've got a new midfielder for this season. I believe his name is Salem (didn't play for the whole weekend), will look it up tonight. But he's perfect for this challenge. My current season I'm still fighting for the championship and the cup. Again was unsuccesfull in reaching the knockout fase for the CL, and so pissed with that one that I couldn't play anymore ;) Will give a bit more feedback tonight.

Well done Redknapp69 with the double. AMC massive performance, wow really impressive to win that cup!

05-03-2019 - Champions League Phase 2 Group B

1. Chelsea 6 points (+2)
2. Ajax 6 points (-2)
3. Waasland Beveren 5 points (0)
4. Napoli 5 points (0)

I had to play against Ajax (away). At home I've beat them, and I had a really good feeling about going to Amsterdam. My team was fit and ready to perform. But this kind of matches, it's why they calling them Lucky Ajax I believe.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2rr8h7n.png

The player with the red card, is my new signing, where I am (most of the time) absolutly thrilled about.

http://i67.tinypic.com/264jaq1.png

Redknapp69
23-01-17, 11:41 PM
very unlucky there mate - how bizarre - cannot find that guy - what ws his previous club?

Vunky
24-01-17, 08:02 AM
very unlucky there mate - how bizarre - cannot find that guy - what ws his previous club?

I believe it was Al Ahly, but he's not from the first year in the game. But I think he's a bit to old for a regen?

Vunky
24-01-17, 09:28 AM
I believe it was Al Ahly, but he's not from the first year in the game. But I think he's a bit to old for a regen?

Ow now it makes me nervous, because when it's really Al Ahly, I didn't look good at which continent is was. :frusty:
But probably I made a mistake in the club, or CM does see al Ahly as a major Africa club?

AMC
24-01-17, 04:04 PM
I don't know what you mean mate?

There's Al Ahly in Egypt and I think there maybe one in Saudi Arabia as well, just go on his previous club and club info and it'll tell you what continent the club is from.

Vunky
24-01-17, 05:41 PM
I don't know what you mean mate?

There's Al Ahly in Egypt and I think there maybe one in Saudi Arabia as well, just go on his previous club and club info and it'll tell you what continent the club is from.

Well that could be the good news. I'm searching for my new players where I open all the clubs from the continent Africa (Major Clubs and Other clubs), also I look at the under 21 teams for the national teams.

I believe it was Al Ahly, and I know only Al Ahly in Saudi Arabia. Because Saudi isn't in Africa that would mean I have a squad that would not pass the terms of this challenge. Now that you say there is also an Al Ahly in Egypt, I think that would be the club where he's from. So I do have a squad that is OK for this challenge. Didn't know the existing of two Al Ahly's.

AMC
24-01-17, 05:46 PM
To be fair I knew of the one in Egypt not Saudi :D

That's why I said early on the best way to make sure you don't sign anyone ineligible is to filter based by region and Africa.

Vunky
24-01-17, 10:38 PM
I've already started with season 2019/2020. Just this season and the next to reach the CL knock-out stage, after winning everything I want to win (and what realistic*), that's my goal to reach.

New season was a hard start, with a lot of injuries from my starting eleven I've lost two games in a row. The board update was already not happy with that losing streak. With some luck in the following matches and my best players available again, I haven't lost in the competition. Again I'm back in the position where my team belongs, top of the league. In the CL I had a poule with Atletico / Man. Utd / Basel and finished second. Now in a poule with Man City / Real Madrid / Wolfsburg. Again a hard poule, but still hoping to get the job done.

Cup in the sixth round an away game against Club Brugge. Couldn't get a worse draw and lost the match with a typical Championship Manager match. With a late equalizer I thought I get a replay, but already the text was just Club Brugge blue and they scored a 2-1 winner. Maybe the necessary rest for my team to get to bigger achievements later in the season???

Think I've to sell some unhappy players, some of the first team a complaining about the lack of harmony. Never had that, but didn't want to sell the unhappy. Because the Africa Cup is coming again and most of the players playing in Africa aren't better.

*AMC showed that winning the EL is possible and maybe it's better to go for that achievement because of the poins for that cup. But always want to win the highest price, I believe everybody does ;)

Redknapp69
24-01-17, 11:06 PM
Doing well so far mate - Cup was a blow and looks like a real tough CL group

Sounds like League is going well though

Not sure about unhappy players though - that doesn't sound well :(

AMC
25-01-17, 04:17 PM
I've 3 players the board want me to get rid of, one is out of contract now so he'll be going but the other two won't be going anywhere for now.

Hopefully this year I manage to get to the 2nd Group Stage, but from a points perspective the Europa League is probably a better bet as I can't see us making the semis of the CL.

Russ
25-01-17, 11:38 PM
OK finally finished my second season. Whats the best way to take and upload screen shots?

Redknapp69
26-01-17, 01:16 AM
postimage.org

I use "hotlinks for forums" (see my pics above)

AMC
26-01-17, 10:13 AM
To take a screenshot just press alt & print screen then copy the image into paint and save it, then like Red says upload it to an image site, tiny pic, photobucket, postimage etc and then copy across the link.

Russ
26-01-17, 10:15 AM
Ok cool will hopefully get an update up tonight!

bahamontes
26-01-17, 12:46 PM
after finishing my first season second in the league i got rid of the remaining player (losing lots of cash by releasing them on a free...) and signed a bunch of african players (until now 31 at the end of season 3). I play my usual 3-1-4-1-1 formation

starting the second season with playing the

Super Cup

Disappointing penalty performance...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season2supercup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season2supercup.png.html)

League

a tight race until the end but we managed to win the league with a 4 point margin

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season2league.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season2league.png.html)

Champions League

after qualifiying for the group stage Madrid and Arsenal turned out to be too good to overcome although we won our home game against arsenal. but they showed us that we still have a lot to learn at their grounds.

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season2championsleague.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season2championsleague.png.html)

i think this is the most humiliating loss i ever experienced since i play CM LOL

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season2freak.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season2freak.png.html)

UEFA Cup

fourth round exit

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season2uefa.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season2uefa.png.html)

Cup

tight cup games 0-0 and a late 0-1 loss in the replay game

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season2cup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season2cup.png.html)

Score

31 players signed -155
SuperCup Runner Up 20
League Winner 200
Cup Runner Up 50

Score 115

bahamontes
26-01-17, 12:59 PM
Season 3

Super Cup

told my coaches to train penalties...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season3supercup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season3supercup.png.html)

League

dominated the league this season. just one loss 89 points.

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season3league.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season3league.png.html)

Cup

won the double! easy cup win against Gent

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season3cup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season3cup.png.html)

Champions League

managed to win the group in stage one on goal difference. all teams with 9 points :dizzy:

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season3championsleague.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season3championsleague.png.html)

finished second in stage two

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season3championsleague2.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season3championsleague2.png.html)

and lost to Real in the quarter finals

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season3championsleague3.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season3championsleague3.png.html)

i seriously doubt that i can ever win the CL with my team.

Score

League 200
SuperCup Runner Up 20
Cup 50

Last season 115

Score 385

Dermotron
26-01-17, 01:05 PM
10-0 Loss is epic :lol:

Vunky
26-01-17, 01:09 PM
10-0 with four red cards, unbelievable. Save that screenshot ;)

Well done with your league performance, really high scoring in your third season. Also the first (I believe) manager who manage to reach to the quarter finals in CL. I also doubt if its possible to win the CL with this challenge, because I think it's already a big achievement to reach this stage of that competition. Good luck in the next seasons.

Vunky
26-01-17, 09:20 PM
Did I already mention that I really hate that *(&*( Africa Cup. Again 11 players gone for that championship, my total defence gone for important competition and CL matches.
Don't know if it was the main reason, but knocked out of the CL and in the league anything is possible again, because the lead of several points (8) is back to a one point lead. Terrible, in the end I'm glad this was my last year with an African Cup in it. A little bit Africa 'tired', if you want to win the CL but can't find the eleven players to really compete, argh frustrating.

Russ
26-01-17, 11:31 PM
Ok so first season finished second in the league and signed 18 players, left myself with a heafty £7 million budget for transfers going into the second season. Far too much really I think the most I have spent on a player so far is around £200k

Second Season

Signed a further 10 players to take the total number of players in to 28

Super Cup

Dont know what you have to do to qualify but I seemingly didnt so no points in the second season for that.

League

Pretty much walked it, no real challenges, won by 20 points

https://s23.postimg.org/yl3rpu5az/Untitled.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/g5jasfr6f/)screen shot (https://postimage.org/app.php)
https://s23.postimg.org/ukwmdleu3/form.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/wpgzeoggn/)uploading pictures (https://postimage.org/)

Belgium Cup

Won that

https://s23.postimg.org/5p36q3s63/cup.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/ewvf6sz87/)photo hosting (https://postimage.org/)

Champions League

Had a bit of a nightmare, includingn a 5-1 hammering at home to Juve, thought id scrape 3rd but Sporting scraped a draw against Arsenal so I finished bottom.

https://s23.postimg.org/e5y3na7h7/champ.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/72q87o21j/)image upload no size limit (https://postimage.org/)

Read a lot in this thread and signed a load of players that people recommended. Have a squad of 28 players with 1 more coming in next season. I guess I need a top top keeper but thats about it. Cant see me ever winning the Champions League.

Couple of my stars

https://s23.postimg.org/65oecjfx7/mark.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/g2zf5lniv/)screen capture (https://postimage.org/app.php)

https://s23.postimg.org/nt67aqpuj/daka.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/oiozn3qdz/)photo uploading (https://postimage.org/)

Daka was signed for £20k and hes banged them in. Worth nearly £2 million now.

League Win - 200
Belgium Cup Win - 100

Players signed - 28 (-140)

TOTAL POINTS - 160

Redknapp69
27-01-17, 12:22 AM
Good work guys - nice write ups

I'll be back on this at the weekend!

bahamontes
27-01-17, 10:04 AM
Season 4

brought in 4 new players. sold my DM because he wanted to move on... could have been a club hero but he went for the money.

Super Cup

and again - we seriously need to train penalties!!! 3 Super Cup penalty losses in a row!

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4supercup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4supercup.png.html)

League

new goal record ,easy win

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4league.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4league.png.html)

Cup

i don't want to talk about it. :frusty:

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4cup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4cup.png.html)

Champions League

tough group, managed to leave Atletico behind us

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4championsleague1.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4championsleague1.png.html)

somehow we won the group in stage two. seems like the guys adapt to playing european games!

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4championsleague2.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4championsleague2.png.html)

quarter final draw Real Madrid - just like last season. started the series with a 1-4 upset victory at Bernabeu :cool:

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4championsleague3.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4championsleague3.png.html)

semi final draw Barcelona - lost at Camp Nou won at home...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season4championsleague4.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season4championsleague4.png.html)

Score

signed 4 players -20
League winner 200
SuperCup runner up 20
ChampionsLeague semi 200

last 2 seasons 385

Score 785

Vunky
27-01-17, 10:08 AM
Wow, a first CL poule that's tougher than the second round poule. Well done in reaching the semi's!

Redknapp69
27-01-17, 06:17 PM
Unlucky on the 2 finals mate

Amazing effort in CL - best yet from any of us :clap:

Redknapp69
28-01-17, 12:01 AM
Ugh - My season 4 CL group has Atletico and Juve in it :mad:

Redknapp69
28-01-17, 01:39 AM
Ivory Coast offered me manager role - am turning it down though..............

bahamontes
28-01-17, 09:33 AM
Season 5

this was a good season...a very good one :peace:

League Cup

we finally made it and won the trophy!

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season5supercup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season5supercup.png.html)

League

again a record breaking season - most points, most goals scored

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season5league.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season5league.png.html)

Cup

belgian treble :)

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season5cup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season5cup.png.html)

Champions League

didn't make it through the first group stage with 10 points! bad loss in the final game against Roma

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season5championsleague.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season5championsleague.png.html)

UEFA Cup

i got really lucky with easy draws Groningen, Seville, Heerenveen, West Ham - Champions of Europe!!

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season5uefacup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season5uefacup.png.html)

Score

2 players in -10
SuperCup winner 50
League winner 200
Cup winner 100
UEFA Cup winner 500

last 3 seasons 785

Score 1625

Redknapp69
28-01-17, 10:14 AM
Fantastic season!

Seems like you bits have five well going out of CL then picking up points in Europa League

You are smashing through the seasons Bahamontes!

bahamontes
28-01-17, 11:18 AM
i got a great midfield, well scoring strikers - my only concern is my defense when playing against offensively strong teams like Barca. pretty average DCs... well, we'll see what next season brings

Redknapp69
28-01-17, 12:49 PM
My midfield is where I'm falling down. Playing 451/433 may not be best idea when I have 3 cracking strikers :lol:

Bonkers CL results for me. We all beat each other. Should finish off season by end of today

bahamontes
30-01-17, 10:23 AM
Season 6

ok, here we go - what a terrible season this was... i usually had 4-5 injured players, after 4 weeks into the season my key players became unhappy and wanted to leave...no fun at all! but we still managed to get a decent score

Super Cup

won it on penalties!!

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6supercup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6supercup.png.html)

Cup

:tape:

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6cup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6cup.png.html)

European Super Cup

very unlucky loss ... Mathoho scoring an ownn goal

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6EUROsupercup.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6EUROsupercup.png.html)

League

the whole season felt like hard work. scoring 30 goals less than last season. still won it but...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6league.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6league.png.html)

Club World Championship

made it to the final, losing in extra time 120th minute

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6clubWC.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6clubWC.png.html)

Champions League

group stage 1

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6championsleague1.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6championsleague1.png.html)

group stage 2 - also terrible scoring. 4 goals scored, 3 goals conceded

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6championsleague2.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6championsleague2.png.html)

won in the quarter finals against Manchester United 3-1, 1-1. Won our home game against Barca 1-0... you remember Mathoho? the guy who sored the own goal in the UEFA Super Cup??

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/season6championsleague3.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/season6championsleague3.png.html)

Score

3 players in -15
Super Cup winner 50
League winner 200
Euro Super Cup runner up 200
Club WC runner up 500
Champions League semi 200

last 4 seasons 1625

Score 2760

right now i'm in the year 2021. next WC is 2022, so i'm trying to find a african team next summer to qualify for the 2026 WC...

Redknapp69
30-01-17, 06:47 PM
harsh last season - Dortmund :mad: :rant:

Still picked up some fine points though :clap:

Redknapp69
31-01-17, 12:44 AM
Season 4

Supercup

A man sent off after AGAIN in this. Also, our ‘keeper didn’t have the best day. Harsh result really. Club Brugge are my nemeis :frusty:

Runner Up - 25 points

https://s28.postimg.org/67mvanbel/Season_4_Supercup_Runners_Up.png (https://postimg.org/image/q28wwrqm1/)

League

Another slow start, then started motoring along. Beerschot Wijlrik were topping the table but massively fell away. Then those F****** Club Brugge put on the charge amongst charges.

A key head to head against them with 3 to play. We were 1 point behind but still had a game in hand. We lose the 6 points against them and then it comes down to the final day. We are 1 point ahead

I just need to win. Or as long as they do not win then we take the league

Then this happens – the guy has the game of his life :mad: :rant:

And against the team that fell from grace

We lose the league last game of season :cry:

Runner Up - 100 points! :second:

https://s28.postimg.org/em73ch1tp/Season_4_League_2nd_place_last_game.png (https://postimg.org/image/vzhdrbx4p/)

https://s28.postimg.org/kbnbws7zx/Season_4_League_2nd_place.png (https://postimg.org/image/mg7oxv9mh/)

https://s28.postimg.org/v96iy1af1/Season_4_League_progress.png (https://postimg.org/image/wo83mrbi1/)free picture upload (https://postimage.org/)

Cup

Easy enough progression, tricky Semi Final v Anderlecht but came through it and then the final was a breeze again :hat: :lock: :dance: :party:

Winner - 100 Points

https://s28.postimg.org/3wtek7q0t/Season_4_Cup_Winners.png (https://postimg.org/image/9xr3hacmx/)

Champions League

1st Group – Atletco and Juve :eek: :shocked: - But a fantastic 4-1 home win v Atletico got us on our way. Topped the group on 10 points

https://s28.postimg.org/qubkvyut9/Season_4_CL_1st_group_qualify.png (https://postimg.org/image/vsz3ahym1/)

2nd Group – A decent group – just Real Madrid the tough nuts but we were imperious at this stage of the season :boxing:

https://s28.postimg.org/m9peh1b3x/Season_4_CL_2nd_group_qualify.png (https://postimg.org/image/xm1zytjsp/)

We then had a decent QF draw v Leverkusen and came through it easy enough 2-0 on aggregate

Then had the best draw we could get in the SF – Ajax

A real chance to get to the final! :pray:

But they were too strong for us and it was at the part of the season where the wheels were falling off :smash: :cry:

https://s28.postimg.org/llgjy3ce5/Season_4_CL_Semi_Final.png (https://postimg.org/image/729ewoj95/)

Semi-Finalist – 200 points

Transfers - 5 players - = -25 points

https://s28.postimg.org/r3dqzmwzh/Season_4_Transfers.png (https://postimg.org/image/dmgsgrmnt/)

Total points for season 3 = 400 points

Total points for challenge = 655 points!

Am thinking of changing formation and putting 2 up front as plenty of good strikers but struggling for midfilders. May need a few signings next season. Going for me DTL Non wib wob tactic :ok:

Couple of other updates are some crazy stats from my beast striker and also the offer (which I turned down) from the Ivory Coast FA

https://s28.postimg.org/qt1n2jszh/Season_4_Bert.png (https://postimg.org/image/44cg2zbll/)

https://s28.postimg.org/8wqus5vnh/Season_4_Ivory_Coast_Offer.png (https://postimg.org/image/rcbbpk9rt/)

Redknapp69
31-01-17, 12:51 AM
P.S - I have overwritten season 3 by accident with this update (on previous page but since deleted) so have lost season 3 write up :sorry:

bahamontes
31-01-17, 05:57 AM
Great Champions League results :cheer: good luck for next season at least one of us has to win the CL :boxing:

Redknapp69
31-01-17, 09:27 AM
Think that was my best chance.

Going mad in transfer market and bringing in 8+ players :lol:

AMC
31-01-17, 10:25 AM
Great to see so much activity on this, I've been a bit busy to continue my save but will do soon, I also need to catch up on things in here.

bahamontes
01-02-17, 10:32 AM
Two months after resigning from my Beveren job got hired by the Ivory Coast national team. They didn't qualify for the 2022 WC so i had 3 years to assemble a decent african based team for the african WC qualifiers for 2026.

This is really hard!

Good players get bought by european teams, almost no youth players and now (2024) i'm in a group with african powerhouses Morocco and Tunisia...

At least i managed to advance to two African Nations Cup finals (lost both).

AMC
01-02-17, 10:37 AM
Smashing this mate, best of luck against Morocco and Tunisia in the qualifying campaign.

bahamontes
01-02-17, 01:40 PM
this is hard work :typing:

you always have to check if one of your players moved to some non-african teams, remove him from the squad and find a decent replacement...well, but that's the challenge

here is my team right before the first qualification game

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/nationteam.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/nationteam.png.html)

pre-group first stage i played Sechelles - easy 2-0 and 3-0 victories

Group stage after the first leg games - i switched from an attacking style to normal - defense first

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/nationqual1.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/nationqual1.png.html)

Group stage final

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/nationqual2.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/nationqual2.png.html)

qualified for the 2026 world cup!

and right after the celebrations...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/nationwhat.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/nationwhat.png.html)

and

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/nationwhat2.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/nationwhat2.png.html)

...so i hope it's ok that i created a new manager and took over Ivory Coast again to complete the challenge?

bahamontes
01-02-17, 03:11 PM
Finally i'm done!

Thank you for this great challenge :yo:

World Cup 2026

my squad

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wcteam.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wcteam.png.html)

we got drwan in a group with France, Sweden and South Korea - so me aimed for second place in the group

Game 1

great start into the tournament against South Korea

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wc1.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wc1.png.html)

Game 2

important second game - Isak scored the first 2 goals for Sweden but we managed to fight back and won 2-3

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wc2.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wc2.png.html)

Game 3

we tried our best but France was simply better

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wc3.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wc3.png.html)

Group table

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wc4.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wc4.png.html)

Last 16

playing England - an early goal by Rashford but then we played our part in Englands disappointing World Cup history

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wc5.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wc5.png.html)

Quarter Finals

Denmark...

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy235/pepik009/wc6.png (http://s795.photobucket.com/user/pepik009/media/wc6.png.html)

Score

Quarter-Finalist 1000

points so far 2760

FINAL SCORE 3760

Russ
01-02-17, 05:25 PM
Awesome, well done!

Redknapp69
01-02-17, 09:04 PM
Well done mate - I have a feeling that sacking might happen to a few of us come the National job time!

AMC
03-02-17, 04:28 PM
Fantastic stuff indeed mate, after beating England in the Last 16 losing to Denmark in the quarters must have been a bit of a blow! Don't worry about the sacking either, like red said I imagine most of us will get our p45 or the African equivalent at some point.

Don't forget to upload ya screenies or at least put a link to them in the results thread for your score to count mate.

Russ
03-02-17, 07:44 PM
Season 3

Bit of a challenging season this. My star player who I mentioned in season 2 Mark Sekeyere had a minimum fee clause i his contract that I missed so he buggered off to Anderlecht for £250k. He signed the contract in October so naturally I dropped him to the reserves until he left. My star striker Patson Daka got in a bod mid way and missed traning and threw his teddy out when I warned him so hes not been as good this season.
Had my first taste of the African Nations but only lost 5 players so it didnt hinder me too much.

Super Cup

Went 2-0 but came back to win 3-2!
https://s28.postimg.org/eom217lbx/SC3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/xgxx4shq1/)how to capture screen (https://postimage.org/app.php)

League

Was flying with it but hit a bit of a blip and Anderlecht leapfrogged me, soon turned it back around though. Slightly dissapointed with my points total
https://s28.postimg.org/5fjvr3cfx/league3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/6hu29mv95/)picture share (https://postimage.org/)
https://s28.postimg.org/pyerw5qd9/form3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/kmzvbg4ah/)upload gambar (https://postimage.org/)

Cup

Knocked out in the Quarter Finals obviously very dissapointed with that
https://s28.postimg.org/5d00498sd/cup3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/eks8kyfuh/)image upload no compression (https://postimage.org/)

Champions League

Draw a relativley easy group which I thought I would have progressed from. Lost my first game then I beat PSG and Feyenoord but Mongengladbach but us home and away which ruined our chances

https://s28.postimg.org/go2nsmfnh/champscup3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/983e6try1/)upload pictures online (https://postimage.org/)

UEFA Cup

Did OK, 4th round, lost in a long penalty shoot out.
https://s28.postimg.org/67mjqagn1/Uefa3.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/a3zvma1mh/)image hosting site (https://postimage.org/)

Super Cup Winners - 50
League Winners - 200
Belgium Cup Quarter Finals - 0
Champions League 3rd in Group - 0
UEFA Cup 4th round - 0
Players signed - 4 (minus 20 points)

TOTAL - 230 Points

SEASON 1 - 160
SEASON 2 - 230

TOTAL - 390

Redknapp69
03-02-17, 09:02 PM
Bit of a frustrating season there mate

Losing Sekeyre is a massive blow as well

Season 5 started awful for me - Bitch of a CL group with a dominant Spurs, Ajax and Dotrmund

Bottom of group - first time for a while I have not got through group phase - had big hopes as well

I think it is because I changed formation to default 4132 as i have better strikers than midfielders

But now gone back to my 433/451 which has served me well over the years

Redknapp69
04-02-17, 01:26 AM
Season 5

Supercup

A man sent off after AGAIN in this. This time for the nemesis Club Brugge – and the b@*t@** beat us again after a dreadful penalty shoot out from our boys :cry: :frusty:

Runner Up - 25 points

https://s23.postimg.org/neye44v6z/Season_5_Supercup_Runners_Up.png (https://postimg.org/image/lae131tk7/)

League

Tweaked formation to play with 2 up front and didn’t really work. By the time I changed tactic back to that which has served me well lead to a bit of a mountain to climb!

About 5 teams in with a shout of league for quite a while

About 5 games left and we WIN the 6 pointer v Club Brugge

Then Club Brugge and us for last 5 games mirrored each others results – has a few draws there as well and they did not take advantage 

Last game of the season – we were 1 point ahead

They HAD to win

We ended up fecking LOSING

But – the gods were on our side this year and Club Brugge bottled it and could only draw

We take the league on same point but on goal difference :first: :cheer: :lock: :dance:

WINNER - 200 points! :second:

https://s23.postimg.org/4jy1zz5rf/Season_5_League_last_game.png (https://postimg.org/image/8t2s2590n/)

https://s23.postimg.org/tbxo77my3/Season_5_League_Champions.png (https://postimg.org/image/e37qtft9j/)

https://s23.postimg.org/cqq1rjvu3/Season_5_League_Progress.png (https://postimg.org/image/v6aioy9yf/)

Cup

Bit of a breeze all the way through and some favourable draw lead us to a final vs Club Brugge – I detest this team!

It took a while but we finally overcame them in extra time! :party: 

Winner - 100 Points

https://s23.postimg.org/nmhfmwgrv/Season_5_Cup_Champions.png (https://postimg.org/image/pr1snzief/)

Champions League

As mentioned in previous post. Pig of a draw and this was at the stage we had the formation that wasn’t working. Combine those 2 together and led to a disasterous campaign – didn’t get through first stage or even get in Europa League :cry: :mad: :smash:

https://s23.postimg.org/3qlg7czqj/Season_5_CL_1st_group.png (https://postimg.org/image/ghzmdv9if/)

Nowt – 0 points

Transfers - 12 players - = -60 points

https://s27.postimg.org/vre4qr8sz/Season_5_Transfers.png (https://postimg.org/image/tzl5vupfz/)online photo sharing (https://postimage.org/)

Total points for season 5 = 265points

Total points for challenge = 920 points!

Last Season in club footie coming up!

bahamontes
05-02-17, 09:02 AM
good luck for your last club season! are you trying to go for the euro league title or CL?

Redknapp69
05-02-17, 10:28 AM
Am in CL so will be going for that!

Redknapp69
06-02-17, 03:11 AM
Season 6

Supercup

A dull game but we finally win this comp on penalties :lock:

Winner - 50 points

https://s23.postimg.org/r03ldl5qj/Season_6_Supercup_Winners.png (https://postimg.org/image/z5lnbqtzb/)

League

An absolute cinch this year

WINNER - 200 points! :first:

https://s23.postimg.org/lanct9zkb/Season_6_League_winers.png (https://postimg.org/image/4zn8wyn2f/)

Cup

Got pumped in the Semi Final  by the feckers Club Brugge

Semi Final - 20 Points

https://s23.postimg.org/f8b4p1lqj/Season_6_Cup_Semi_Final.png (https://postimg.org/image/vw2mrjghz/)

Champions League

Just didn’t happen for us in 2nd group stage. Think an early loss v nantes shocked us. Dissapointed not to give this a good go in last couple of seasons :frusty:

https://s23.postimg.org/gm2rkckzv/Season_6_CL_2nd_group_stage.png (https://postimg.org/image/hbljwpljb/)

Nowt – 0 points

Transfers - 3 players - = -15 points

https://s23.postimg.org/i6cowhirv/Season_6_Transfers.png (https://postimg.org/image/s3nppjqdj/)

Total points for season 6 = 255points

Total points for challenge = 1175 points!

Africa National job needed now!

Redknapp69
07-02-17, 03:02 AM
Got Senegal job

Quarters in AFCON - early sending off and got smashed :(

Qualified for WC very easy - and then they sacked me :pound:

Have ad to add myself into game again as manager to take over them. A few friendlies left, before some final scouting, praying players haven't moved then off to the WC to give it a go!

bahamontes
07-02-17, 05:06 AM
good luck! hope you get a decent group at the WC!

AMC
07-02-17, 01:00 PM
The end is in sight Red, best of luck in the World Cup!

Redknapp69
08-02-17, 01:29 AM
Qualifying was easy.............

https://s23.postimg.org/sfum9yvt7/Season_7_Qualifying.png (https://postimg.org/image/3ml29bcsn/)

This is the squad that will go to the WC :hail:

https://s23.postimg.org/b547hy45n/Season_7_WC_Squad.png (https://postimg.org/image/g3rpwh7yf/)

https://s23.postimg.org/kqxry8vbf/Season_7_WC_Squad1.png (https://postimg.org/image/oajpo1y13/)

Not the easiest WC group with Argentina/Turkey and South Korea but think I could navigate my way through

But Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - Turkey get a result against Argentina which fecks it all up

We tried our best against the Argies but our keeper got injured during the game as well - so unlucky not to go through but a big :high5: to Turkey - fair play

https://s23.postimg.org/6hy5g6gsr/Season_7_WC_group.png (https://postimg.org/image/4ddsf3f5z/)

So - Group stages only - 200 points

Complete points for challenge are 1375 points

Fair play lads - brilliant challenge :clap:

Belgian League was fun and a decent battle most seasons with those feckers Club Brugge - I'm not a fan of wib wob so most people will smash my score but it's fun of doing the challenges I like and not how well or badly you do :ok:

Amazing going through scouting all of the African countries (I spent hours doing that to start) - some brilliant Team names going on there :lol:

And some absolute BEASTS there as well - maybe a market to shop in future if you do your homework

Well done for thinking this one up and really enjoyed the ride - just gutted we didn't get through - Turkey played Mexico and Argentina had Ukraine in last 16 - both of which I could have given a game :frusty: :mad:

Good luck to the rest that try this :cool:

AMC
08-02-17, 12:41 PM
Great stuff mate, very unfortunate with that World Cup Group!

We'll have to sort another challenge out for ya now :D

Kaiser18_24
06-03-17, 09:07 AM
Hello! I am from Argentina (sorry for my little english haha) I thank you for keeping the passion alive for this great game. I saw this challenge, and the truth is that I was very interested in completing it.
In my first season was going very well but I could not win anything. However I qualified to the EL and I will go for that goal.

1st Season:

https://s26.postimg.org/8cg85dn7d/Sin_t_tulo.png (https://postimg.org/image/4g2w9e27p/)

https://s26.postimg.org/m4un10dyx/Sin_t_tulo2.png (https://postimg.org/image/g3wy3xrcl/)

https://s26.postimg.org/40rmgdgah/Sin_t_tulo3.png (https://postimg.org/image/vbcxoaj79/)

Transfers => 16 players = - 80 points

2nd Pre-Season players (All eligible)

https://s26.postimg.org/tv1f65gah/Sin_t_tulo4.png (https://postimg.org/image/nu3q92to5/)

Kaiser18_24
11-03-17, 06:58 AM
2nd Season:

Europa League: I had bad luck in the draw. First matchup: Porto. 0-0 (away) and 1-1 (home) in a match that anyone could have won. Sadness for the elimination through "away goals".

https://s17.postimg.org/7clpmysy7/Sin_t_tulo.png (https://postimg.org/image/ic6wykjd7/)

League: I thought he would have a better performance this year in the league with a better team. But it was worse. The only description that deserves this season is: disappointing. I qualified the old Intertoto Cup, but it's disappointing.

https://s29.postimg.org/jzagj4xrr/Sin_t_tulo9.png (https://postimg.org/image/qpqxskkxf/)

The worst were the away matches. I tried changing tactics ... nothing.

https://s2.postimg.org/oj41a7bk9/Sin_t_tulo6.png (https://postimg.org/image/4bqlhwe2t/)

Usually use this...in home matches works, but in away matches nothing. Any advice?

Cup: I lost in the final vs Brugge, which dominated me throughout the season. My team was already resigned from the minute 0 hahaha. 50 Points

https://s29.postimg.org/hj8n5afp3/Sin_t_tulo8.png (https://postimg.org/image/90z70y96b/)

Transfers: 15 players. - 75 points

https://s29.postimg.org/8cqci0agn/Sin_t_tulo7.png (https://postimg.org/image/8phqo6sqb/)

2nd Season results: -25 points

Overall: -105 points

Clearly I'm not playing well, but it's a fun challenge hahaha. The only thing that makes me angry is the away games, but I hope to overcome that problem.

welchia
15-04-17, 04:17 PM
God damn it. Started this, gad a great 1st season selling all the players and making profit while getting more than decent african players. After a slow start won the league and cup. And then the game crashed at the start of the second season. Will restart as it is a really fun challenge.

Just a question - do I need to edit something pre game launch to be able to get an african team national job? What is the best approach to this?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Redknapp69
15-04-17, 07:22 PM
You'll get one easy - may get sacked before tournament so add yourself back in as manager of that is the case :ok:

welchia
16-04-17, 06:01 PM
Ok, restarted the challenge after the previos attempt which resulted in a corrupt savegame at the end of season one.

Got a bit more knowledge about what players to look out for and how to manage the selling of players.

This time started selling almost all the team straight away and lowered the price a bit at the next transfer window. Towards the end of the season I've had an all african team already with 10.25m euros income from selling players. Lost a couple of players for free because for a second time forgot to sign new contracts for at least a year. Eh, well...

Managed to win the title after a slow start.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmeVnNUip

Lost the cup in the semi-finals.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmSS3I7Fp

Things are looking quite good, continued signing a lot of new players for season 2, some really promising.

Did not focus on youngsters that much because I'm not sure how much I will be able to develop them in this time. Also, it's a bit hard to sign young players straight away.For example, in season 2 there is a really nice 16 yo who won't sign with me, no matter how much money I give him as a instalation fee :

https://imageshack.com/i/pnfzIXotp

Oh well, maybe I can get him next season. If an european team get's him, it's case closed :D

List of signings :
https://imageshack.com/i/pnWlpZEGp

https://imageshack.com/i/pmGVjibXp

Overall 22 signings so now sitting at -110 points.

Hopefully the signings are quality :)

welchia
16-04-17, 07:19 PM
Season 2 :

Squad :

https://imageshack.com/i/poERozmip

https://imageshack.com/i/pomQMJagp

Players in :

https://imageshack.com/i/pmcziPQSp

Super cup :

https://imageshack.com/i/pnCRqcfop

League flew by, not much to say, a lot of goals score and already champions with 4 or 5 games still to go. Did not really had any problems and the squad was solid. Scored 104 goals and only lost a game :O

https://imageshack.com/i/pnjWjecFp

Cup was also an easy trophy after a final that was settled from half time :

https://imageshack.com/i/pnGutK7up

Champions league was interesting. Had a first group draw with Basel,Bayern and Sporting.After 4 games we were already qualified for the next stage

https://imageshack.com/i/poQ9D2q8p

The second draw was with Dortmund, Dinamo Kiev and Atletico Madrid. Hoped at first for a 3rd place if we can manage two wins with Kiev and a home win with Atletico. However, we hammered Atletico 5-1 away and 3-2 home and qualified from second place

https://imageshack.com/i/pm38sS7up

https://imageshack.com/i/pmA86ZNTp

https://imageshack.com/i/pm069eftp

However, quarter finals got us a unlucky draw against Real Madrid. After a 2-2 draw away really hoped that we could snatch a win. No luck :(

https://imageshack.com/i/pnmhRWQsp

Overall :
Previous season : -110 points
This season players in : -55 points
League win : 200 points
Cup win : 100 points
Super cup win : 50 points

Question : does the super-cup from season 2 count? Asking as it's the result of a performance from a non scoring season (1) so could go either way.

Total : 185 points

welchia
17-04-17, 12:28 PM
Season 3 started with an easy super-cup win :

https://imageshack.com/i/pnAbiXpQp

The cup was also won :

https://imageshack.com/i/pnjd98GZp

League title won with only 5 draws and 2 games lost

https://imageshack.com/i/pni6Dz4ap

I had a lot of hopes for Champions League this season. I managed to get a few interesting signings, including a really nice goalkeeper in january.
The first group draw was with Bayern,Ajax and Gdansk. I thought that a 2nd place was gonna be an easy option.
However, after a home lose agasint Ajax and an away lose with Bayern things waren't really looking up.
Won both games against Gdansk but Ajax snatched a draw at home so it was down to the last game.
We managed to qualify in the last game after a win against Bayern and Ajax loosing with Gdansk.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnLFIeFGp

The second group.. Let's just say that I was feeling bad that we didn't finish third to focus on Uefa. We were up against Barcelona, Juventus and M'gladbach.

However, we managed to win the group with only 2 draws. Forgot all about wishing we finished third in the previous group :D

https://imageshack.com/i/pm5bEyExp

Bad luck in the next draw. We were up against PSG with maybe Wolfsburg and Dortmund easier opponents.
After the first game we were 1-0 down but the home game was up.

A thrilling 5-3 win in which I didn't even have time to figure if we were qualified or not until the final whistle. Thrilling.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnfrZQltp

Next up was Dortmund. At this time we got the easier draw.
A 4-1 overall win after a first leg 3-0 at home got us through the finals where we faced Barcelona.

After a 1-1 final time we were up to extra time. Messi got a goal in he 98th minute but we leveled it 3 minutes later.
Not enough as Messi got a winning goal in the 115th minute and it was too late. :(

https://imageshack.com/i/pms4cnUTp

Players in :
https://imageshack.com/i/poRwO2jtp

Players in : -15 points
Super cup : 50 points
Belgian cup : 100 points
League win : 200 points
UCL final : 500 points
Previous seasons : 185 points

Total : 1020 points

welchia
17-04-17, 12:46 PM
Season 4 :

Again, the super cup proved to be an easy win :

https://imageshack.com/i/pnkaxsWip

Belgium league won :

https://imageshack.com/i/poq9gqGgp

Belgium cup won after a 1-1 first game which had to be replayed. Didn't know Belgium cup has extra time but no penalties. Weird.

https://imageshack.com/i/poekt7nVp

Champions league started with a lot of hopes after the last season final. We were up against Real Madrid, Dortmund and Shakhtar.
Really hoped for a second place as we blasted Dortmund in the semi-finals last year.
Lost to Dortmund, to Real and won both games with Shakhtar. Managed to win against Real Madrid at home.

It was up to a last game against Dortmund. If we won, we would finish 2nd. Unlucky, doe to an unreal ammount of injuries and ineligible players we lost and finished third :

https://imageshack.com/i/po4axmd4p

https://imageshack.com/i/pnhsi4YJp

Things worked out ok so in Uefa after Heerenven, Valencia, Ferencvaros and Liverpool we managed to win the cup in a final against AC Milan.

https://imageshack.com/i/poXU4GM0p

Season players in :

https://imageshack.com/i/pmEwJn5Ip

This season players in : -20 points
Belgian Leagus win : 200 points
Belgian cup : 100 points
Belgian super cup : 50 points
UEFA cup : 500 points
Previous season : 1020 points

Total : 1850 points

welchia
17-04-17, 04:16 PM
Season 5

All season I only brought a keeper as the two I had in the reserve team wanted to leave at the end of the contract from the club so I coulnd't rely all season on just the other two from the first team.

https://imageshack.com/i/poYoJDujp

Super-cup
The season began as usual, with a supercup win

https://imageshack.com/i/pnB7NDIxp

European super-cup
After the UEFA cup win last season, we were up against Real Madrid in the super-cup. Thought we might get lucky.

Wrong. Lost 3-0

https://imageshack.com/i/pmTMYQpRp

World club championship
Of course we got into a group with Real Madrid. With a draw against them qualified from the first place.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmKDmxfdp

The final we played Real again. It was payback time after the European super cup.

Wrong. Lost 4-0

https://imageshack.com/i/poVV88IDp

Belgian League

Although african cup raised a couple of problems in the first 11, we managed to overcome them.

https://imageshack.com/i/poQfWSJSp

However, towards the end of the season Antwerp stayed strong and we couldn't win a couple of games so it was down to the last league game. Luckily for us Saint Trudien keeper made a penalty in the 4th minute and was sent off so we won the game 4-1 and the title by 1 point.

https://imageshack.com/i/pojIp7Fnp

Champions league + Europa league

A 1st stage group with Lyon, Man Utd and Feyenoord seemed decent enough. However, an early defeat with Lyon and both games with MU threw us in 3rd place :(

https://imageshack.com/i/pmR8n259p

No worries, we became an Europa league specialists. An outstanding performance against PSG in the final and we got the cup 2nd year in a row:

https://imageshack.com/i/pmLZKpfDp

Players in: -5 points
Belgian league: 200 points
Belgian cup: 100 points
Belgian super cup: 50 points
Europa League winner: 500 points
European super cup runner-up: 200 points
Wolrd club championship runner-up: 500 points
Previous points: 1850 points

Overall : 3395 points

welchia
17-04-17, 09:28 PM
Ok, I have a question.

I am currently playing through my last season atm(season 6).After the season is over there will be a world cup (2022).
The international manager position that this challenge reffers is to be taken after that world cup is over right? In order to play the qualification as well right?

But if I take the position now (4 years before the world cup) I'll also go through the african cup qulification and competition. Will I play also with only african players in this as well?

Not really sure if it was a problem with the beginning year.

AMC
18-04-17, 04:52 PM
Ignore the WC at the end of the 6th season, resign from Beveren at the end of the 6th season then once the WC is over, take over an African National side and go through qualification and hopefully the World Cup following that.

welchia
18-04-17, 07:53 PM
Just completed the 6th season, the best so far.

Belgian super-cup was an easy win, Antwerp seem to have lost the form they had previous season.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnflRa1pp

Next up was the european super-cup. Third final against Real Madrid in the last two years, this was our time to get our revenge!
Wrong :(

https://imageshack.com/i/pmcBLXUgp

Ok, world championship. Final against Real Madrid. REVENGEEEEEE!
Wrong :(

https://imageshack.com/i/pmoFSZ7kp

Belgian League was easily won, probably the easiest win throughout all 6 seasons.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnElFQwCp

Belgian cup was won too:

https://imageshack.com/i/poccNADGp

Champions league:

A decent first group that started with a 7-1 win against Ferencvaros but continued to only a two point lead from 3rd place qualification thanks to a win against Napoli

https://imageshack.com/i/pmN2UhE2p

Second group was with Chelsea, Real Madrid and Dortmund. Great :(
But, it was time for our revenge. Managed to blast through the group with 18 goals and 6 superb wins
Down with Madrid !!!! REVENGEEEEE WAS OURS AT LAAAAAAST!!!!

https://imageshack.com/i/poHoxLRxp

After the easiest oponent in the quarter finals (Antwerp) and an away goal qualification against Man Utd in the semis we were through to the final.
All or nothing against Bayern.

And we made it. The CL was ours after a 1-0 win :rockon::rockon:

https://imageshack.com/i/poaya4rgp

No players were signed this season :
https://imageshack.com/i/pmQyy7dAp

This was the last season at the club. It was a blast and I really feel bad that i'm gonna have to resign :(
After a couple of experiments in the first season, I played 433 Iodine due to a couple of reasons:
- Lack of quality mid's. I use a DMC as MC, sometimes two towards the last seasons.
- Abundance of quality strikers. I just had to have 3 up front.
- Abundance of qulity DMC's. At a point I had 3 equal quality options.
It really is a problem with keepers. I was lucky I found a newly generated on that was quality.
Players are really fragile. I had a lot of problems with injuries throughout the season. Towards the last 3 seasons I constantly had one striker out for at least 2 months. At least I got some squad rotations :)

I think it's impossible to win African player of the year, not to mention world player. Maybe by luck a stricker that only plays cup games and bags some goals with an awesome match rating, if you have a good striker to spare :)

Below is my last season first-11 (in the CL final and most of the season) plus some quality players:

https://imageshack.com/i/poZgmdz4p

https://imageshack.com/i/pmWQAQApp

https://imageshack.com/i/pnoBYBOvp

https://imageshack.com/i/poOgA20Fp

https://imageshack.com/i/pnnuA1qgp

https://imageshack.com/i/po36pxUAp

https://imageshack.com/i/pmAvJVRup

https://imageshack.com/i/pmkbehAOp

Points so far:
Belgian league: 200 points
Belgian cup: 100 points
Belgian super cup: 50 points
Champions league winner: 1000 points
European super-cup runner-up: 200 points
World club championship: 500 points
Players in: 0 points
Previous points: 3395 points
Later Edit + African player of the year: 800 points

Overall : 6245 points

World cup, here we hopefully come!

Later Edit: Oh boy, how wrong was I with the African Player of the year assumption. Apparently, my players got top 3 places :D.
Not really sure how I missed this in the news feed :(

https://imageshack.com/i/pnzLv5MXp

welchia
19-04-17, 10:04 PM
Got a job as Ghana manager.

WC Qualifications. Very easy group:

Squad :

https://imageshack.com/i/poZDREgIp

https://imageshack.com/i/pnwh9h9gp

Group :

https://imageshack.com/i/pmEIBKGZp

World Cup

Squad :

https://imageshack.com/i/pmMaXCREp
https://imageshack.com/i/pnYpwfoOp

A decent-enough group in the WC Qualifiers that started with a disaster against the lowest rated team.
A nice comeback towards the end where in the last games every team had chances:

https://imageshack.com/i/po7kpXbWp

Round of 16 drew us against Croatia. The game started with one of our players being set off in the 3rd minute and two penalties in the first half.
This was the end :(

https://imageshack.com/i/poiorWkHp

Total points for WC : 500 points

Total challenge overall : 6745 points

Awesome challenge, awesome fun!

bahamontes
20-04-17, 10:03 AM
congratulations! impressive score!

Diz
14-06-17, 05:20 PM
Good Challenge!
With the Mrs on a Hen Do this weekend this will keep me occupied whilst the baby is asleep as I have been getting bored of an Eivissa save I have been on.

Faceless
26-06-17, 03:15 PM
FYI none of the current KV Red Star Waasland-Beveren are valid players, so all of the current squad will need to be gone by the first competitive game of the 2nd season.

In the middle of season 3 now and i just noticed that when using search and filtering you can also pick region>North Africa which include players from Algeria, Tunisia and so on. Are these players considered as eligible players?

AMC
27-06-17, 12:59 PM
They are indeed mate, that must have been why I weren't seeing any North African's at first :ok:

Kingsley
27-06-17, 01:31 PM
I was eyeing this up for a future attempt. Looking at the Original Post, is there a reason why Uganda is the only country not named on the map ? (the purple bit between DR Congo and Kenya) or am I just a pedantic bugger ?

AMC
27-06-17, 01:33 PM

Couldn't tell you mate, think I just googled Africa and picked one of the pics under images.

Kingsley
27-06-17, 01:49 PM
Guinea Bissau as well (although that is so small nobody would notice)

Faceless
01-07-17, 11:37 AM
Season1

Tactics
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498904599_0.20916500.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498904599_0.20916500.jpg)

Finished at 3rd place. Not very good start as my main objectives were to liquidate current squad members. At certain point, we have no GK :(
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498904646_0.18294400.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498904646_0.18294400.jpg)

During this season, i signed total of 12 players.
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498904646_0.40014600.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498904646_0.40014600.jpg)

Season2

Signed total of 14 players.
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905264_0.39371000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905264_0.39371000.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905264_0.62102600.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905264_0.62102600.jpg)

Knocked out from UEFA 3rd Round
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905264_0.83745000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905264_0.83745000.jpg)

Belgian Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905265_0.07466700.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905265_0.07466700.jpg)

Won League Title. Quite happy with defenders as we conceived a lot less goals this year. However, we still need decent midfielders and attackers.
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905331_0.72554800.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905331_0.72554800.jpg)

Key players
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905331_0.92340000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905331_0.92340000.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498905332_0.13457000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498905332_0.13457000.jpg)

Faceless
01-07-17, 01:58 PM
Season 3

Easily won Super Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913445_0.70548300.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913445_0.70548300.jpg)

No luck in Belgian Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913445_0.93848400.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913445_0.93848400.jpg)

Knocked out of CL again
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913538_0.96801500.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913538_0.96801500.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913539_0.18713500.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913539_0.18713500.jpg)

League
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913539_0.37793800.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913539_0.37793800.jpg)

2 more players signed
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913446_0.17092800.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913446_0.17092800.jpg)

Season 4

No luck in Super Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913631_0.07032200.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913631_0.07032200.jpg)

5 players signed
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913798_0.28740600.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913798_0.28740600.jpg)

No luck in CL
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913631_0.48178000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913631_0.48178000.jpg)

Won Domestic Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913631_0.28396600.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913631_0.28396600.jpg)

We won UEFA cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913631_0.66651900.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913631_0.66651900.jpg)

League Title
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498913798_0.06495400.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498913798_0.06495400.jpg)

Faceless
01-07-17, 03:19 PM
Season 5

Won Super Cup both Belgian&European
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498916947_0.05937700.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498916947_0.05937700.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498916947_0.31128500.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498916947_0.31128500.jpg)

2 more signings
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498916947_0.52451100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498916947_0.52451100.jpg)

Still no luck in CL
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498917098_0.65092700.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498917098_0.65092700.jpg)

Belgian Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498917098_0.87772100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498917098_0.87772100.jpg)

FIFA Club World Championship Runners-up
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498917099_0.34168600.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498917099_0.34168600.jpg)

UEFA Cup Runners-up
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498916947_0.80338100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498916947_0.80338100.jpg)

League Title
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498917099_0.11739100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498917099_0.11739100.jpg)

Season 6

Super Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498918552_0.10991700.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498918552_0.10991700.jpg)

I put my hope that i might have some chance at CL but nooooooooooooo. So we never win CL :(
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498918552_0.35566800.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498918552_0.35566800.jpg)

UEFA Cup: Lost by penalty shoot-out at semi-final.
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498918552_0.56506300.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498918552_0.56506300.jpg)

League
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498918552_0.79695200.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498918552_0.79695200.jpg)

Belgian Cup
http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498918553_0.03716100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498918553_0.03716100.jpg)

Summary

http://images.temppic.com/01-07-2017/images_vertis/1498918645_0.45331200.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?01-07-2017:1498918645_0.45331200.jpg)

Faceless
04-07-17, 08:10 PM
World Cup

Resigned from club at the end of season 6. Got a job at Nigeria. They already qualified for the up coming world cup. Finished 3rd Place (I know this one doesn't count) satisfied with result. But I regret that i picked an awesome striker from africa. He won golden boot award. And after that he moved "out of africa". So i won't be able to have him for the next world cup.
http://images.temppic.com/04-07-2017/images_vertis/1499194697_0.64213000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?04-07-2017:1499194697_0.64213000.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/04-07-2017/images_vertis/1499194697_0.88950300.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?04-07-2017:1499194697_0.88950300.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/04-07-2017/images_vertis/1499194698_0.16627800.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?04-07-2017:1499194698_0.16627800.jpg)

My Squad for WC Quals
http://images.temppic.com/02-07-2017/images_vertis/1499015629_0.81919200.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?02-07-2017:1499015629_0.81919200.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/02-07-2017/images_vertis/1499015630_0.07116000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?02-07-2017:1499015630_0.07116000.jpg)

Qualifed for WC.
http://images.temppic.com/02-07-2017/images_vertis/1499018315_0.29143000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?02-07-2017:1499018315_0.29143000.jpg)

However, Less than satisfied performance
http://images.temppic.com/02-07-2017/images_vertis/1499018356_0.29016000.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?02-07-2017:1499018356_0.29016000.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/02-07-2017/images_vertis/1499018356_0.50590800.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?02-07-2017:1499018356_0.50590800.jpg)

Not forgiven.
http://images.temppic.com/02-07-2017/images_vertis/1499018356_0.71143100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?02-07-2017:1499018356_0.71143100.jpg)

I added another player and take control to complete the challenge. Squad for 2nd stage world cup
http://images.temppic.com/04-07-2017/images_vertis/1499194409_0.86355100.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?04-07-2017:1499194409_0.86355100.jpg)
http://images.temppic.com/04-07-2017/images_vertis/1499194410_0.08100700.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?04-07-2017:1499194410_0.08100700.jpg)

Almost.....I wish Brazil was not defeated by Norway in the first match.
http://images.temppic.com/04-07-2017/images_vertis/1499194410_0.26913600.jpg (http://www.temppic.com/img.php?04-07-2017:1499194410_0.26913600.jpg)

World Cup: 200 points
Club: 2,955 points

Total: 3,195 points

Thank you official challenge team for such a fun challenge:D

AMC
21-01-18, 08:30 PM
Back on this after nearly a year :D

7 signings made during the season, 5 in pre season with another two made during the season, the biggest signing that of Ivorian centre midfielder Cheick Kouassi for £500k from Africa Sports, while a name you may be familiar with was that of Sammy Ameobi joining from Lobi Stars for £300k in November.

League - Winners!

A lot easier this time, finishing 20 points ahead of Genk, and it in fact took till game week 29 till we lost, as Anderlecht beat us 1-0 at home. We soon bounced back though as a 6-0 away win the following week at bottom side Eupen saw us defend our title, with our 87 goals a new league record (breaking our own 86 goals from the 2004/5 season).

https://i.postimg.cc/MZDY5jx1/Season-4-table.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Cup - Winners!

Lierse (3-0), Genk (2-0) and Dender (3-0) were all swept aside to set up a semi final against Standard Liege and we demolished them 6-1 in the first leg away, which allowed me to field a second string side for the 2nd leg, and they didn't let me down winning 2-1. Anderlecht awaited us in the final, the only side to defeat us domestically this season, and revenge was on our minds, and that's what we got with a resounding 3-0 win, even sweeter with the final being in their stadium.

https://i.postimg.cc/d38pNQsL/Belgian-Cup.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Belgian Super Cup - Runners Up

Once again it would be Club Brugge we played, but unfortunately this time we could not lift the trophy losing on penalties despite us going 2-0 up, as we drew 2-2 in the 90 mins, and with no extra time it was straight to the lottery of penalties.

https://i.postimg.cc/Z59FJ7NL/Belgian-Super-Cup.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Champions League - 2nd Group Stage 3rd Place.

After finishing 2nd in our 1st Group stage with 8 points (5 behind 1st placed Juventus, one ahead of PSV and two ahead of Leverkusen) we were drawn in another tough group against Barcelona, Man Utd and Porto. We never really got going in the group taking till the fourth game to record our first win (although we lost the first game 4-3 at home to Barcelona) and despite beating Man Utd at home in the last game with a second string, we were already out by then when we lost 4-1 at the Nou Camp in game 5, a game we were actually 1-0 up at half time in. Once again we're the team with no name :D

https://i.postimg.cc/FzW343sq/CL.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

European Super Cup - Runners Up

Just like the Belgian Super Cup, penalties were our undoing against Champions League holders Manchester United. Over the 120 mins we were marginally the better side (more shots and more on target) but at the end of normal time and extra time we couldn't be seperated at 1-1, and despite Utd missing their first two spot kicks we still managed to lose :(

https://i.postimg.cc/KYMNDqvY/European-Super-Cup.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Apart from a new Goalkeeper (got my eye on one but he's not interested) I won't be making any more signings for the club I don't think unless I have to replace some players that may retire, but we shall see, who knows if another Drogba or Eto'o may appear plying his trade in Africa. I may also aim for the Europa league instead of the Champions League later rounds, reaching the semi finals seems a big ask when competing with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and the likes.

We've also got the FIFA World Club Championship starting in July, with our group containing Guangzhou Evergrande (who have Malcolm), River Plate and JS Kabylie of Algeria, were at least the semis have to be the aim.

Points this season

Belgian Cup - 100 pts
European Super Cup - 200 pts
7 signings made - (-)35 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 20 + 200 - 35 = 485 pts.

Total points on challenge so far = 485 pts + 1,135 pts = 1,620 pts.

evesham
25-01-18, 05:35 PM
Started this last night, the board blocked 3 players from leaving on free transfers so they're just rotting in the reserves, is that ok AMC?

AMC
25-01-18, 05:49 PM
What season you in? You've got till the start of the second season to get rid of them, and if not then keep them listed for nothing to see if anyone comes in for them and try to keep releasing them, whatever you do don't play them at all!

evesham
25-01-18, 06:55 PM
I'm just in the 1st month of 2nd season, I released 8 players, no worries the're dead to me :D

evesham
27-01-18, 05:15 PM
At the start of the 1st season I tried a new tactic but it wasn't working well, so I changed back to a more familiar one and finished 4th in the league.

2nd Season I had to strengthen more as we were in the Europa League, and we played a prelim, a qualifier and then 3 Qualifying rounds, totalling 5 rounds in total before making the 1st round proper. Sadly we lost in round 3 away at Ludogorets, 1-0 on Agg in Extra time and down to 10 men :(
We had no luck in the Belgian Cup losing a tough 7th round fixture away at Club Brugge 2-1.
In the league however it was a much improved season and we managed to win it with 2 games to go.

https://s14.postimg.org/8jn6wgt2p/Capture23.jpg

Season 1 - Player Signings 17 x 5 = -85!!
Season 2 - Player Signings 11 x 5 = -55
League Winners 200

Current Challenge Total = 60 points :lol:

evesham
28-01-18, 04:11 PM
Just completed Season 3 so here's confirmations of the players I signed.
Season 1 https://s14.postimg.org/62ghm6xgh/Capture21.jpg
Season 2 https://s14.postimg.org/nsi678ir5/Capture22.jpg
Season 3 https://s14.postimg.org/ekpxqjjep/Capture23.jpg

I was happy with the squad I had so I only signed a young striker from South Africa, who sadly didn't sign in time for the Supercoupe vs Brugge.
We battered Club Brugge in shots and of course it was their GK who got a 9 rating and MOTM, however we won on Penalties :)
https://s14.postimg.org/d5od1tq1d/Capture24.jpg
It was a harder start to the season and after 13 games I was 6 points behind the leaders Club Brugge who had only dropped 2 points and were unbeaten. I reached Phase 2 of the CL but Dortmund, Real Madrid and Arsenal were too good for me to progress any further.

Back to focusing on the league and Cup, and finally Club Brugge started to lose games. We seemed to gather momentum and we finally pulled away in the last few games.
https://s14.postimg.org/het34010h/Capture25.jpg
We managed to reach the Cup Final and a Domestic Treble was on the cards if we could just beat 4th place Antwerp!
https://s14.postimg.org/4anirbgoh/Capture26.jpg
A Goal from both Strikers clinched the Treble :first: :clap:

Dutiro did well in his 1st season, I was impressed with him, bargain for £275k
https://s14.postimg.org/gvnzuthch/Capture.jpg

Player Signings 17 x 5 = -85!!
Season 2
Player Signings 11 x 5 = -55
League Winners = 200
Season 3
Player Signings 1 x 5 = -5
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100

Current Challenge Total = 405 points

evesham
29-01-18, 04:41 PM
1 player retired so I decided to buy cover for him in season 4 and that was my only signing.
Anderlecht were my opponents in the Super Cup and they had made a few good signings in the summer
https://s14.postimg.org/3np48t841/Capture21.jpg
It was a good start to the season and it was 12 games until I was defeated. In the CL we drew Man Utd, Munchengladbach and Sion (Who??)
https://s14.postimg.org/650vg3f5t/Capture24.jpg
Onto Phase 2 of the CL, we drew Ajax, Valencia and Juventus :doh:
https://s14.postimg.org/4pzardlsh/Capture25.jpg
Happy to survive Phase 2, we beat Dortmund in the Quarter-Final but lost home and away in the Semi-Finals to Valencia who I faced in Phase 2 :(
https://s14.postimg.org/5s9h9xcbl/Capture26.jpg
With fixtures every 3 days our League form suffered and Club Brugge kept the Title race going until the last 2 games.
https://s14.postimg.org/t6hgltzdt/Capture22.jpg
The Treble was complete again with a thriller of a game, losing 3-2 in Injury time we equalized and then in the 120th minute in Extra Time we scored the winner.
https://s14.postimg.org/vb1tmx8q9/Capture23.jpg

Season 2
League Winners = 200
Season 3
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 4
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Champions League Semi-Finals = 200

Current Challenge Total = 950 points

AMC
29-01-18, 05:02 PM
Well done on back to back trebles mate, and a run to the Champions League Semi Finals, as stated I think I'm gonna gamble with an easier run in the UEFA Cup than the Champions League for the points.

evesham
30-01-18, 10:26 PM
I don't recall a season where I've had so many injuries as this!
My team is aging a bit so I brought 4 players in during the season
https://s14.postimg.org/cg6zz0tmp/Capture.jpg
Club Brugge were my opponents in the Super Cup and my 275k signing now worth 6m scored a hat-trick :D
https://s14.postimg.org/ekrczz5i9/Capture21.jpg
CL we qualified from phase 1 and Phase 2 and then drew Man City in the QF. We could of snatched an away goals victory as it was 4-3 at the Etihad and 1-1 in the 2nd leg at home with 20 minutes left, but City scored on 90mins to ruin the dream :(
https://s14.postimg.org/4aoy0qnch/Capture22.jpg
The Treble was on again but the League kept changing leaders between Antwerp, Genk and us.
A Semi-Final Belgian Cup with Club Brugge again was a thriller of a game, losing 2-1 in Extra time, the treble was dead!!
https://s14.postimg.org/vy1neunyp/Capture23.jpg
Back to focusing on the League, again we won it with 2 games remaining but then lost the Final game to Antwerp at Home :(
https://s14.postimg.org/kygg3959d/Capture24.jpg
I'm gonna sign a few young talents for next season and throw them in.

Season 2
League Winners = 200
Season 3
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 4
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 5
Player Signings 4 x 5 = -20
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Semi-Finalist = 20

Current Challenge Total = 1200 points

evesham
01-02-18, 02:51 PM
I decided to have some fun in the final season and signed 12 good players for the future of the club when I leave!
https://s14.postimg.org/xo7te7u6p/Capture.jpg
Club Brugge (no surprise) were my opponents in the Super Cup and we beat them 2-0
https://s14.postimg.org/kk291dp8h/Capture21.jpg
CL we drew the mighty Barcalona in the QF and they smashed us 6-2 on Aggregate :(
After a shaky start, the League this season was pretty straight-forward, even with games in hand we remained top from Game 10 onwards.
https://s14.postimg.org/uu4o0mmtt/Capture22.jpg
Another Belgian Cup Final with Club Brugge, this time I was more defensive and we spanked them 4-0, clinching the Domestic Treble :) :first:
https://s14.postimg.org/735aij9s1/Capture23.jpg
So that ends my time in Belgium, time to find an African Job.
I enjoyed the challenge so much I decided to save the game under a different name so I can carry on with it in the future :)

Season 2
League Winners = 200
Season 3
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 4
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 5
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Semi-Finalist = 20
Season 6
Player Signings 12 x 5 = -60
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100

Current Challenge Total = 1490 points

AMC
01-02-18, 02:59 PM
Racing through this mate, great stuff in Belgian, let's hope you can land an African National job quickly.

evesham
02-02-18, 11:40 PM
So sadly I left Waasland-Beveren after winning 6 titles in a row and a lot of cups.
https://s14.postimg.org/yzr230mdt/Capture21.jpg
Waited 15 months for an African job to even appear and then...
https://s14.postimg.org/blj2r3c69/Capture22.jpg
...Another 9 months later they sacked him
https://s14.postimg.org/45jt5aw6p/Capture23.jpg
I applied for the job and after so long out of management I was still 23rd in the world.
https://s14.postimg.org/x7y384q69/Capture24.jpg
They had already played the first 2 World Cup Qualifiers
https://s14.postimg.org/rjrsh8tjl/Capture25.jpg
The remaining fixtures were
https://s14.postimg.org/yzr231oyp/Capture26.jpg
This was my Africa based squad with the 2 best players being worth 140k and 100k, the rest were 50k and some under 20k!
https://s14.postimg.org/zcig98ey9/Capture27.jpg
We won the African Cup of Nations with a little tweak of the tactic :first:
https://s14.postimg.org/ibzk0k9mp/Capture28.jpg
In the WC QF, we did well winning 5 and losing 1 out of the 6 matches qualifying 1st :ok:
https://s14.postimg.org/4ib7bjjm9/Capture30.jpg
Then they did a "Redders" on me and sacked me, only a week after saying they were delighted with my performance :frusty::violin:
I even reapplied but they hadn't forgive me for my performance, i.e winning the ACON and Qualifying for the WC! :doh:
https://s14.postimg.org/kgjx1o64h/Capture29.jpg
So as Redders did I put on a disguise and applied for the job with a fake passport named "screwed over by Ivory Coast" :D
I chose the squad and frustratingly due to some great player ratings in friendlies and internationals, a lot of players had left Africa, and I think every player who was selected for the World Cup played their football in the Ivory Coast.
https://s14.postimg.org/p2g1a1735/Capture31.jpg
We were drawn in a group with Denmark, Greece and Netherlands which I thought wasn't too bad!
https://s14.postimg.org/4ib7bjz1t/Capture32.jpg
After a great win vs Denmark, and a close defeat by Greece who's GK got a 9 and MOTM, it was all on the last game with Holland.
Our team totalled £2.1m in value, Hollands was worth £115m :lol: We got smashed 5-0 and our adventure was over :( :clap:

Season 2
League Winners = 200
Season 3
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 4
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 5
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Semi-Finalist = 20
Season 6
Player Signings 12 x 5 = -60
SuperCup Winners = 50
League Winners = 200
Cup Winners = 100
Season 7 World Cup
Group Stages = 200

Final Challenge Total = 1690 points

au
18-06-18, 09:34 PM
Inspired by the world cup, decided to install cm0102 after vowing never to touch it again about a year or so ago...Happy to see my Gre-No-Li score has stood the test of time, although think this was more down to getting lucky with the database than anything else. Anyhow, decided to give this challenge a go, as quite fond of these long challenges that allow you to build a team. Here goes:

1st season - 2nd in league, mainly trying to sell players at the club, and bring in players from abroad

2nd season beginning - this is where it gets fun...after significant movements in the transfer market, started the season with a squad full of African players, with an old favourite returning home:

https://postimg.cc/image/e3wwnh5d7/(note this is not a real tweet, before I get into any trouble for this)

that did not go unnoticed: https://postimg.cc/image/r82h0e2mj/ (note this is not a real tweet, before I get into any trouble for this)

au
27-06-18, 05:06 PM
2nd season transfers and squad nationalities: https://postimg.cc/image/ga1s6svav/ -65 points

2nd season Belgian supercup: https://postimg.cc/image/tflvqgjnb/ 20 points

2nd season Belgian cup: https://postimg.cc/image/crudnzrgn/ 50 points

2nd season Belgian league: https://postimg.cc/image/4z3pw663r/ (spoiler, taken at later date) 200 points

2nd season Uefa: https://postimg.cc/image/kxcfmf2xj/ 500 points

1st season points: -30

2nd season points: 705

Running points total: 675 points

evesham
27-06-18, 05:40 PM
nice job vs Spurs :ok:

au
28-06-18, 10:39 AM
Hehe, for once got the rub of the green in a big match. 3rd season:

Transfers 3rd season - https://postimg.cc/image/nf70w0hvb/ -5 points

Squad beginning of 3rd season - https://postimg.cc/image/8i358zenr/

3rd season Belgian supercup - https://postimg.cc/image/g0qvusidj/ 50 points

3rd season European supercup - https://postimg.cc/image/fnzhonaef/ 500 points

3rd season Belgian cup - https://postimg.cc/image/5qogvo2tj/ 100 points

3rd season Belgian league - https://postimg.cc/image/4z3pw663r/ (spoiler, taken at later date) 200 points

3rd season CL: https://postimg.cc/image/ikmip1qjr/ 500 points (luck was not on my side this time...)

3rd season points: 1345

Running points total: 2020

au
05-07-18, 12:22 PM
4th season

Transfers 4th season: https://postimg.cc/image/m687oieon/ -20 points

Squad beginning of 4th season: https://postimg.cc/image/zads16jl3/

4th season Belgian supercup: https://postimg.cc/image/kef8tkdbb/ 50 points

4th season Belgian cup: https://postimg.cc/image/e0q5qcb07/ 100 points

4th season Belgian league: https://postimg.cc/image/4z3pw663r/ 200 points

4th season Uefa: https://postimg.cc/image/r4vq31arr/ 500 points (crashed out early in CL group stage)

4th season points: 830

Running points total: 2850

au
05-07-18, 01:13 PM
5th season

Transfers 5th season: https://postimg.cc/image/8cogdetjb/ -25 points

5th season Belgian supercup: https://postimg.cc/image/bjizx0qtz/ 20 points

5th season Belgian cup: https://postimg.cc/image/eqdjgnizr/ 100 points

5th season Belgian league: https://postimg.cc/image/f34xmu8zb/ 200 points

5th season European supercup: https://postimg.cc/image/w4xrocno7/ 200 points

5th season points: 495

Running points total: 3345

6th season

Transfers 6th season: https://postimg.cc/image/6wcxut0rr/ -15 points

6th season squad: https://postimg.cc/image/9dop2303r/

6th season Belgian supercup: https://postimg.cc/image/yjpn8wto7/ 50 points

6th season Belgian cup: https://postimg.cc/image/lsbh2dwqv/ 100 points

6th season Belgian league: https://postimg.cc/image/6wcxust1z/ 200 points

6th season CL: https://postimg.cc/image/g456bhkon/ 1000 points (the big one, finally!)

6th season points: 1335

Running points total: 4680

au
05-07-18, 01:25 PM
World cup campaign

After resigning, had to wait nearly two years (in game time) to get a job with an African national team. Took the first one that came up – Senegal

WC qualifying and subsequent sacking: https://postimg.cc/image/f5ot9af3b/ (is this a well-known bug then, that you get sacked regardless of performance?)

WC squad: https://postimg.cc/image/4vmea2k2v/ (a few players from qualifying were snapped up by European/South American clubs, also the one player not shown also plays for Ouakam)

Heroic effort against Spain in the 2nd round: https://postimg.cc/image/gkqdy08gn/ 500 points

Overall this was quite challenging, particularly finding good players based in Africa, as my scouts were pretty useless in this respect. I haven’t read through the forum, but are there any patches/updates that make the scouting better? Also, as previously mentioned, finding a good goalkeeper was a challenge, the best one I had was the one who was at the club when I started.

6th season points: 1335

WC points: 500

Total points for challenge: 5180

kikivampy
15-08-19, 03:17 PM
North african players are ok, right?

AMC
15-08-19, 03:50 PM
Yep.

kikivampy
15-08-19, 05:28 PM
Ok, thanks.
I will try to find the new Julius Aghahowa!!!
:nerd:

kikivampy
16-08-19, 05:09 PM
Totally excited about this challenge!!!
I passed hours to scout the best african clubs!!!
Some young players are pretty good!!!

kikivampy
17-08-19, 11:58 AM
Forgot about the Liverpool game tonight so will probably be tomorrow I do the write up.

Yaya Toure is available on a free after leaving Marseille and he will talk terms but I can only offer a maximum of £5k p/w and he wants £9k p/w :(

Plenty of money in the bank though so I may ask the board for more wages.

I don't undestand... The previous club of Yaya Touré is Marseille, France. The rule doesn't say that you can only sign african players playing in Africa or african players on free with the previous club as african, or no history?

AMC
17-08-19, 01:21 PM
The rules state Yaya Toure is the one exception to the rule.

kikivampy
17-08-19, 02:54 PM
Ok Ok!!!

kikivampy
18-08-19, 08:32 PM
After so many hours of scouting :typing:, i'm beginning this challenge in my usual 4-1-3-2 default tactic. I choose to sell a lot of players now, because I think I won't win something this year with my tactic, so i prefer to prepare my team for the second season. A question: somebody knows when the majority of the young players are promoted from the youth academy in Africa? January or July? Thanks!

kikivampy
24-08-19, 03:05 PM
I've got the response, the young players are promoted in january.

I finished the 2 first seasons.
4th the first year, 2nd the 2nd season...

Here the team before the first game of the 2nd season, with my 28 players, https://imgur.com/a/S2XKiQ5
https://imgur.com/a/hYxbaV8

2nd of the belgian champ, https://imgur.com/xrnfHVf
1/2 final of the blegian cup, https://imgur.com/CCghDZg

Here the transferts of the 2nd year, 9 more players (YAYA TOURE!!! :target:), https://imgur.com/a/Bj1OYq9

Total before season 3, (100+20)-185=-65 :cry:

kikivampy
26-08-19, 11:46 AM
Season 3: a disaster...

finishing 4th, so far from Club brugge... https://imgur.com/R6SdAzh
Team at the begining of the season and transfer, https://imgur.com/a/EYt4XUQ
Tactic used (4-1-3-2 default tactic) and regular team, https://imgur.com/mHp4aNQ

At the end of this knighmare season, belgian cup winner, https://imgur.com/tSo4oHu
Losing in 1/8 of UEFA cup after 3d place in first groups Champions League...

So, 100-5=95, 95-65=+30pts

kikivampy
27-08-19, 03:05 PM
No way...Can't beat Club Brugge...

Finishing 2nd, https://imgur.com/0FizoUN +100pts
But what an exciting season!

Winning 3 cups this year !!!

It began with the same team, no transfer, https://imgur.com/a/dULNJY2
Belgian Supercup winner, https://imgur.com/P8DTptO +50pts

Then a victory in UEFA Cup (beating these bastards of Brugge in 1/2!!!), https://imgur.com/OJLqa42 +500pts

And a win in Belgian Cup!!! https://imgur.com/uxRCJer +100pts

2 seasons remaining to put Club Brugge on the second place!!!

Total: 30+750= 780pts after 3 seasons!

kikivampy
03-09-19, 06:53 AM
Team restrictions still ok, https://imgur.com/a/hyXJpCy
2 transfers, no loans, https://imgur.com/a/c9hhMky, -10pts

At the end, with a not-so-good season, belgian champion!
https://imgur.com/a/yeoUVWi, +200pts

Belgian Supercup and European Supercup lost...https://imgur.com/a/Zrm6yfJ +220pts
Belgian cup winner, https://imgur.com/fLpaKOZ +100pts

Total: 510+780=1290pts, one season remaining!

kikivampy
04-09-19, 09:44 PM
Finishing this last year with no transfer, https://imgur.com/a/vYFvn2v
Team restrictions ok, https://imgur.com/a/rfyu8vv

Belgian champion before leaving the club, https://imgur.com/LWkvbcv +200pts
Belgian cup final lost, https://imgur.com/RsoeNjr +50pts
Belgian Supercup lost too..., https://imgur.com/FK8qGtk +20pts

My regular team for this season, https://imgur.com/Hgt3HWb

Total: 1290+270=1560pts, Now searching for an African team for the next World Cup!!!

kikivampy
09-09-19, 08:57 PM
Very bad end for this very good challenge...
Defeat against Lebanon... :smash:

https://imgur.com/hmcYlDQ, +200pts

Only players from African clubs, https://imgur.com/a/odCU1nO

Total for this challenge, 1760pts!!!

Next!!!

Faceless
10-09-19, 08:27 AM
Can you provide

- transfer screenshot for the first season
- Belgium cup for 3rd season (link provided is not working)

kikivampy
10-09-19, 09:32 AM
-Transfers of the first season (*28) are in the same post than the transfers of the 2nd season (*9) https://imgur.com/a/S2XKiQ5
-new link for belgian cup 3rd season https://imgur.com/tSo4oHu

Thanks Faceless!!!

AMC
12-04-20, 07:12 PM
Well after two years later I'm back on this :lol:

AMC
13-04-20, 12:21 PM
4 signings made all around February, two goalkeepers as I looked to improve on that position as I only had confidence in one of the three I already had and he was now struggling, a striker to hopefully score the goals that had somehow dried up from the attackers I had, and finally what I assume to be Eto'o's regen.

League - Winners! Anderlecht ran us hard for the majority of the campaing but we managed to pull ahead in the final 8 games which included a massive 2-0 away win at Anderlecht.

https://i.postimg.cc/vZqZ7nQq/Table.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Cup - Winners! Woluwe-Zaventem, Antwerp, Standard Liege and Kortrijk were all overcome to set up a replay of last year's final. Just like last year as well Anderlecht keeper Davy Roef was sent off, this time after just 7 mins but they still gave us a game and we only found a winner in the final 5 mins.

https://i.postimg.cc/XNCBVsVV/Belgian-Cup.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Super Cup - Winners! Genk were well beaten 2-0 and if not for their keeper it could have been at least double that!

https://i.postimg.cc/fyfwVt2v/Belgian-Super-Cup.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Champions League - 1st Group Stage 3rd Place. Drawn in a group with Barcelona, Chelsea and Olympiakos it was a shoot out between the first two and ourselves for the top two places, but unfortunately we couldn't quite make it :(

https://i.postimg.cc/mrKZJG17/CL.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Europa League - Winners! Once again we managed to lift the trophy beating Spartak Moscow (1-0), Celta (7-0), Schalke 04 (2-0) and Frankfurt (5-1) on aggregate along the way, and then in the final even with most of my signings ineligible and four first teamers out injured we turned on the style to beat Inter 3-0.

https://i.postimg.cc/xTQ89YxR/EL.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

World Club Championship - 3rd place. We finished 2nd in our group to River Plate on goal difference after we beat Guangzhou Evergrande 4-1 and JS Kabylie 4-1 while drawing 1-1 with River but it was good enough to see us through to the semis as the best 2nd place side. I then made a mistake :( My strongest side had played the three group games and so I clicked continue game when my next game came along, what I assume was my semi final against Vasco, but the Belgian FA had scheduled the Super Cup the day before our semi in Buenos Aires! As mentioned previously they won the cup earning me a massive 20 pts on the challenge, and with them knackered for the game the next day our second choice side lost 2-1 and we missed out on a minimum of 500 pts :( Vasco would lose the final to Man Utd 3-1 while we beat River 3-1 in the 3rd place playoff but no points on offer for that sadly.

https://i.postimg.cc/gc8r9rDj/WCC.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

As I said last season I doubt I'll make anymore signings especially with this being my last season at the club, that will only change if we struggle like we did midway through this season. Eto'o's regen hasn't impressed so far with just 3 goals from 14(2) apps but he did manage 5 assists and hopefully when he settles more he'll have more of an impact, while the signing of Liberian striker William Jebor from Wydad Casablanca for £1m looks a steal as he managed 15 goals from 12(1) apps. Star of the season was midfielder Cheick Kouassi who managed a magnificent 23 goals in 51 games I wouldn't have had half the success without him as he was the only regular scorer until Jeber signed in February.

Points this season

Belgian Cup - 100 pts
Europa League - 500 pts
4 signings made - (-)20 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 20 + 500 - 20 = 800 pts.

Total points on challenge so far = 800 pts + 1,620 pts = 2,420 pts.

James_y
14-04-20, 03:22 PM
Maybe going out of Champions League did you a favour to get you those Europe League points!

AMC
14-04-20, 03:51 PM
It has twice now to be fair, obviously the points are greater for CL but the teams are much tougher, and that 2nd Group stage can be an absolute bugger.

James_y
14-04-20, 04:55 PM
It has twice now to be fair, obviously the points are greater for CL but the teams are much tougher, and that 2nd Group stage can be an absolute bugger.

Yea it the risk go for real big points and try and win it or go out for 0 points and end up wishing you were in Europa