PDA

View Full Version : Recommend fun teams to manage!

Jediben
25-02-17, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if people could give me some insight as to some of their most fun teams to manage on the October 2016 update. I managed a fair few sides, ranging from your Man Utd and Bayern to Cambridge United

I'm getting to the point where i'm not sure how to spice up the game experience. I have a tendency to need some sort of familiarity with the players I have but often find there is a lack of challenge because within a couple of seasons I dominate.

Does anyone put any self imposed restrictions on themselves that make the game harder? Like only young players or certain tactical restrictions?

Thanks!

AJ
25-02-17, 09:04 AM
Perhaps you can try one of our many fun challenges? They offer both great teams and fun restrictions!

Blanchimont2002
25-02-17, 05:56 PM
I had a fun concept a while ago - Forest Green, signing only Irish, Scottish and Welsh players in a file I had called "Return of the Celts". Tiny stadium so no high earners, which meant quite a high turnover of players as some left to get big money. It was great moving up the leagues though :) Highly recommend it

316'sRegen
26-02-17, 07:28 PM
Stockport :ok:

small squad, which you can make your own but there's enough quality to get you started,

Dermotron
27-02-17, 01:27 AM
HamKam in Norwegian Second Division, start off -5m in debt

Redknapp69
27-02-17, 06:58 AM
Download harder AI tactics from download section

Queens Park in Scotland always a challenge due to ground size maintenance v attendance

JLa
27-02-17, 08:42 AM
Depends on what you think is 'fun', but here's some suggestions:

- Be the best. Real, Barca, PSG. See how many points and goals you can possibly achieve. There's a record thread somewhere in this forum.

- Be a big fish in a small pond. Anderlecht (Belgium), Rosenborg (Norway), Olympiakos (Greece).. Little domestic competition, you should hammer pretty much everyone. However, the league rep isn't all that, so you won't be able to sign the Pogba's and the Messi's for at least some years. Try to conquer the world. Additional restrictions: try doing so on a budget! Look to Challenge 25 for inspiration (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4224).

- No downloaded tactics! If you're good with creating tactics yourself - don't!

- Transfer restrictions. Could be "no players above 24" or "only sign transfer listed players" or "if I get a bid for someone I have to let him go". Or, "don't sign anyone at all, rely on own youth". This last one is hard. Suddenly you have no GK. :lol:

hodgy
27-02-17, 01:17 PM
I've got lots (and lots) of quirky little restrictions I impose on myself. Most of them too small to notice but once they all add up I find it offers quite a challenge (especially when trying to step your team up to the "next" level, whatever that may be).

Teams I've enjoyed on the latest update are L'Aquila in Italy, Regensburg in Germany, AEK Athens in Greece, Fulham in England and Shinnik in Russia.

Charlie22
27-02-17, 01:41 PM
I recently started a game with Oldham, with the following restrictions -

Max 2m per transfer (not an issue to start with but once you hit the prem its tricky), Only sign players under 23, No Bosmans allowed- 3 of the starting 11 must be sold after every season - No editor/CM scout etc.

Its a challenge but I love it - trawling through all the u21 national teams for talent, sending scouts here there and everywhere. Would recommend it!

Dermotron
27-02-17, 01:46 PM
Teams I've enjoyed on the latest update are L'Aquila in Italy, Regensburg in Germany, AEK Athens in Greece, Fulham in England and Shinnik in Russia.

Surprised no-one has created a story/challenge where you only have the players through the youth system or free players with no previous clubs i.e. regens

AMC
27-02-17, 01:58 PM
When I saw Regensburg I was thinking the same thing :D

hodgy
27-02-17, 02:58 PM
Well all their players' contracts expire at the end of the first season so it could be easily done!

Charlie22
27-02-17, 05:09 PM
Ive tried this before but its too hard and unpredictable. I've had clubs with Top Facilities and a squad of only 30 but no players come through the system, equally I have managed team with Awful facilities and had a steady flow of players coming through. Any ideas how you can ensure you get a steady flow of players coming through the youth system?

Equally scouting youth players never seems to yield great results for me either, if anyone has any tips on finding good regens for free i'm all ears, most of the time they are regenerated to certain clubs in that country e.g Messi at an Argentinian club etc or is this incorrect?

Dermotron
27-02-17, 05:20 PM
Pretty decent thread on youth/regens here http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3761 and here http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=676

Rxx
27-02-17, 10:54 PM
Athletic Bilbao, only basques, quite the challenge.

RB Leipzig, try to bring them to Champions League.

Standard Liege, make them great again.

Blanchimont2002
02-03-17, 05:37 AM
Eibar - tiny stadium, and if I remember correctly they can only sign Basque

Kingsley
02-03-17, 09:30 AM
Excelsior also has a tiny stadium, but some decent players to start with. Difficult to topple the Dutch big 3.

shilts
06-03-17, 11:32 PM
I had a game where I was harking back to the times when it was ok to actually tackle hard, not injure, just tackle hard so every player (including the keepers) had to have 18+ aggression. Did surprisingly well and didn't get hundreds of cards either and that's when playing hard tackling!

Fiestita
10-03-17, 07:50 AM
I'm managing Ferro in Argentine 2nd Div.

It's a very young team coupled with 5 experienced players. With propper handling one can get promoted in 1st season but budget is pretty low (very difficult to sign non-free players) and stadium is big (for an argentinian small side) so one will have to stick to youth team to avoid bankruptcy.

kaf
26-03-17, 08:57 PM
I found that the restrictions in this (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9076) story made for a really fun experience. I had a few good seasons with Middlesbrough but then I brought in Dele Alli and he was being a real prat and I lost interest. However I have started a new save with Brighton and have a real good game going.