PDA

View Full Version : AI Tactics (How to Convert)

Rxx
18-04-12, 05:42 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering if we can convert our own tactics so the A.I managers in the game can use them themselves?

info0
18-04-12, 06:08 PM
You could try, but... It's problematic (different coding and such :P)

Rxx
18-04-12, 06:11 PM
Oh I see :| , thanks anyway :)

MarcoVanBast
16-08-13, 08:19 PM
bumping that thread :)

Can any1 at least have ideas how to do that?

info0
16-08-13, 08:38 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u9uulx5hk5vovgb/NonWibWobGoodies.rar

You may try these.

Or for fun challenge:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pia2pzayoj4kgtn/Alpha2Tactics.rar

Backup pct files in Data folder. Then unpack those ;).

MarcoVanBast
16-08-13, 09:07 PM
Big thanks :)

samsami
18-11-14, 11:21 AM
I would very much like to know how I can convert my tactics (*.TCT) to *.PCT so that the AI can use them.
I find the default tactics too weak and the Harder AI Tactics by FAM0422 which I downloaded a bit too hard.
So I'd like to create my own set for the AI but do not know how to convert my tactics files to *.PCT.

giopos
18-11-14, 12:05 PM
I would very much like to know how I can covert my tactics (*.TCT) to *.PCT so that the AI can use them.
I find the default tactics too weak and the Harder AI Tactics by FAM0422 which I downloaded a bit too hard.
So I'd like to create by own set for the AI but do not know how to convert my tactics files to *.PCT.

Open your tactics with an HEX EDITOR and substitute first 4 bytes(5E EC 98 00) with 71 B9 F4 07...then save with the extension .pct and put them in DATA folder

Dermotron
18-11-14, 12:14 PM
If it's that simple maybe JohnLocke could add a quick convertor to flex2?

samsami
18-11-14, 05:57 PM
Of course I would also appreciate it if AI tactics could be added to the download section.
Apart from the one pack (Harder AI tactics) they are all tactics for human managers.
Can anyone upload AI tactics for us to use?

albay07
18-11-14, 06:58 PM
Of course I would also appreciate it if AI tactics could be added to the download section.
Apart from the one pack (Harder AI tactics) they are all tactics for human managers.
Can anyone upload AI tactics for us to use?

+1 :pray: me 2

Dermotron
19-11-14, 11:24 AM
You can do it yourself with this tool - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=18

samsami
19-11-14, 01:49 PM
Thanks, that's it!

greg
16-03-15, 06:12 PM
Can anyone explain, why AI won't use default 433, but will use the altered 433 from newer updates ? (naming problem?, index problem?)

Also, I can't remember, will AI use 4132 ? , and would it be possible to add 4132 to favored formation index ?

Fods
17-03-15, 12:12 AM
I think the update team fixed the 433 problem in newer updates hence why its used more often :ok:

Not sure about the 4132 though!

greg
17-03-15, 10:36 PM
Sorry, what I meant to ask was, does anyone know why the old 433 wasn't working?

Thanks, Greg

Dermotron
17-03-15, 10:44 PM
According to Marc Vaughan (part of team created the game) it was just an oversight - they missed linking it to the formation correctly. Just copy the version we use to the ODB and it will work also.

4132 is a variant of 442 in the AI's thinking I do believe. Quiet hard to force them to play it as it's not in the preferred formation list. Be great if that list was a little bit more expansive. One work around is to replace the 2 Sweeper 532 in the data folder with the 4132 (might need tweaking follow info0's guide)

greg
17-03-15, 11:44 PM
Ah, thank you, info0's guide is exactly what I was looking for, I did not see the tactic archive before.

Thanks, Greg

El_Baga
14-07-15, 08:10 PM
Hi guys. I'm playing CM 0102 from a long time but in these days i'm in trouble because the AI 4-4-2, the normal 4-4-2 tactic without arrow, without wibwob and with these settings:
mentality--attacking
passing--short
tackeling--hard
pressing--on
I can't play a good matches with teams using this tactic, so i want to know: can anybody suggest me a tactics to use against AI 4-4-2? Thanks so much :pray:

Rxx
14-07-15, 08:48 PM
4-4-1-1

Fods
14-07-15, 11:21 PM
FodFod2CF

Psmith
15-07-15, 10:05 AM
Hey there El-Baga,

What formation are you using? I actually find the AI 442 one of the easiest tactics to counter...

Any tactic that exploits the holes between defence and midfield and midfield and attack should work; try a 4-1-3-1-1 and see how it goes.

Good luck!

SagaSaga
11-10-16, 12:08 AM
Hi guys,

Is there a way to move the default AI tactics data from the data folder to the tactics folder so I can have access to the AI tactics. I basically want to play the AI at it's own game by using their default tactics against them. I play ODB .60 or .68. I had a play with the folders and I see the deafult AI tactics in the data folder are pct. files and any you create in game are tct. files.

Beyond painstakingly recreating and saving them myself in game each time the AI throws up a new combo - is there a way I can autoload them so I can play 442_v1, 442_wide or 532_v6 with my own team?

You guys are a lot more savvy than I am with this. I have searched through the forum to try and find a thread that would give me a solution but was unable to find one/am unsure of this is possible?

Thanks

Dermotron
11-10-16, 07:00 AM
Open the editor > options > special > tick preset tactics > save > start new game > tactics > load presets :ok:

Kingsley
11-10-16, 09:41 AM
All this time and I never knew that. Lets see how AI likes defensive_counter !

SagaSaga
11-10-16, 11:27 AM
Open the editor > options > tick preset tactics > save > start new game > tactics > load presets :ok:

When I open the editor it's Tools > Options > the only options available for ticking are...confirm delete, confirm quit, show toolbar, load data on program start...am I missing something...or have I confused myself?

Dermotron
11-10-16, 11:50 AM
Amended my post

SagaSaga
11-10-16, 12:09 PM
There is no option for 'special' once I am in options on the editor, only the ones mentioned in my second post above (Other than me being special for being confused by this ;))

giopos
11-10-16, 12:18 PM
Open a .pct tactic with an hex editor and change the first 4 bytes of the file with 5E EC 98 00...then save it in your tactic folder changing the extension .pct with .tct

Dermotron
11-10-16, 01:03 PM
Open a .pct tactic with an hex editor and change the first 4 bytes of the file with 5E EC 98 00...then save it in your tactic folder changing the extension .pct with .tct

Overkill

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Lowskys/editor%20specialJPG_zpsprzrvlkz.jpg (http://s898.photobucket.com/user/Lowskys/media/editor%20specialJPG_zpsprzrvlkz.jpg.html)

SagaSaga
11-10-16, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the screenie Derm but that is not the options I see. My editor says it is v1.1.0, I currently have ODB.60 version of the game...is it different with .68?

Dermotron
11-10-16, 01:13 PM
Yeah that's from .68.

One moment :typing:

Dermotron
11-10-16, 01:15 PM
Download the file the link, extract it and add it to your Editor folder

https://www.sendspace.com/file/y8te6c

Since it works with CM0001 it should be fine on CM0102 .60

Offside Trap
11-10-16, 01:23 PM
Derm - can you load presets in the way you've said, whilst using tapni 2.21?

I followed your guide, on editor, all good, then upon loading game going to tactics, 'Load' will only bring me to my saved tactics

Dermotron
11-10-16, 01:34 PM
Needs to be a new game. And it's Load Presets, not Load

SagaSaga
11-10-16, 02:30 PM
Thanks a lot Derm...I have now managed to load up the pre-sets with version .68 of the game - let's see how the AI likes their very own 451_Norway! I haven't managed to get it to work with version .60 yet for some reason but I shall have a play...at least now I can access them easily in game in theory I could save them all as my own tactics and use them on a.60 game.

Glad my enquiry seems to have enlightened some others who weren't aware of this capability!

Kingsley
16-03-17, 09:30 PM
I was wondering if something had changed in the tactics used by the AI with the 2.21.1 patch ?

The reason I ask is that it is a long time since anyone played the dreaded defensive counter against me. Recently all of the AI managers have been reverting to a 4-3-3 when ever they play me even when they have never played it before and don't have the squad to support it.

hodgy
17-03-17, 11:02 AM
I think that might be more to do with the Update team changing most managers preferred formation?

Sure
17-03-17, 08:18 PM
It happens regularly in my games, if not in all of them, most of the time when playing with all the leagues and max database on. AI managers massively switch to a 4-3-3 or a 5-3-2 after some in game years. But in my memory it happened in vanilla CM too.

Many threads are reporting this behaviour. I covered this subject partially here (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8221&p=291099#post291099) and here (http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8221&p=292489#post292489), if you're interested.

Dermotron
18-03-17, 12:40 AM
Don't think it's either patch or data update related. As Sure says, this definitely happens on ODB (and .60). The managers switch to using sweeper after a few years. Must be something written in the randomizing algorithm that's bugged i.e. the one that picks a newly generated manager's preferred formation (Sweeper 532 is the first in the list). The same happens when a manager has no preferred formation set. Or if you convert and replace loads the .pct files with .tct it will pick one over and over as a replacement for the one it can't match even though a copy exist's e.g. any version of 4231 replacing the sweeper tactics results in managers with sweeper 532 as a preferred tactics using 433 (only about 70% though, it's fairly random). Same goes replacing 451 with 4231, the managers will revert to sweeper 532

Rxx
02-05-17, 02:08 AM
Happens on mine too, I usually choose 8 leagues, if I start in 2017, it starts happening on 2022, I have noticed more defensive managers opting for Sweeper-532 formations, while managers with prefered 4-5-1 formations or attacking preference style opting for a 4-3-3 formation

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 02:02 PM
Might be a daft question here, not even sure if this is possible

Is there a way of converting a PCT tactic, to a TCT tactic? if so how?

Reason I ask, I'm looking for the Norway 451 or the 451 Defensive, and can only locate them as default tactics for AI and are in PCT format,

Kind Regards

London35
20-05-17, 02:09 PM
this is for other way round...TCT to PCT...

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5925

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 02:19 PM
this is for other way round...TCT to PCT...

http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5925

I'll have a gander at that, cheers,

KL1
20-05-17, 03:36 PM
Might be a daft question here, not even sure if this is possible

Is there a way of converting a PCT tactic, to a TCT tactic? if so how?

Reason I ask, I'm looking for the Norway 451 or the 451 Defensive, and can only locate them as default tactics for AI and are in PCT format,

Kind Regards

I asked the same question and got the answer here:
http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5296&page=5&p=343558#post343558

It is simply just the matter of reversing the procedure of Hex editing to switch between TCT and PCT.

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but cant seem to save it to the alternative file extension though,

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 03:44 PM
As in save it to a "TCT" file,

KL1
20-05-17, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but cant seem to save it to the alternative file extension though,

Depends on your Hex editor I guess. When I used "Hex-editor XVI32 2.55" (free and portable), I saved them as .tct and can now actually use them as my team tactics. May be try that one.

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 03:47 PM
Okay, Ill google it and try, thanks mate, if no good, Ill be coming back to you :)

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 03:51 PM
Okay, that version all up and running - which do I change now, as the reverse numbers are not there

KL1
20-05-17, 03:53 PM
Here is a link to download a zip file with both tactics that I converted already (451 Norwat and 451 Defensive)
https://ufile.io/sljxs (link valid for 30 days hosted on Uploadfiles.io).

Okay, that version all up and running - which do I change now, as the reverse numbers are not there

The procedure is in the thread I linked. It's literally the reverse of what @giopos wrote several replies earlier in this thread.

Offside Trap
20-05-17, 04:08 PM
You bloody gem - it worked, and turned out to be real simple in the end. Many thanks to you and others for the help and support

Offside Trap
14-08-17, 10:09 AM
Weren't 100% sure where to post this :(

Okay, something that's come up before, and can't for the life of me understand why or how to sort this

I've recently completely uninstalled the game, (start a fresh) even deleated the CM folder after uninstall to ensure its all gone totally, Ive then installed the game, 3.9.68 update then the April 2017 update and have applied the 2.21 Patch.

All ok so far, however,

having started a new game, my first game, i check my opponents mid game, and all 100 players are moved to wibwob, which I just cant work out. I understand Keeper being wibwobbed as its part of default tactics, but after a fresh install, so no AI Harder Tactics anywhere, the AI Teams still move to wibwobbed during a match, pretty much from kick off, and of course at the end of the game, when you re visit the game stats, the tactics doesnt show this, only when playing the game

I did have the AI harder tactics installed ages back, but have got rid of them, and hence making a fresh reinstall to ensure this issue doesn't happen, but it still persists

Could it be I've the AI Tactics somewhere else on the computer and whilst they are there, they have an effect on the game, even though they're not in the CM directory?

Could I have a dodgy copy of CM that when Installing the game, its pre-set in there? hence always having the issue

GFRay
14-08-17, 11:10 AM
I've noticed this some time ago even before I ever knew of the existence of the harder AI pack. Sometimes all the players change in WW during the game and sometimes only a few like midfield and attack, but not the defence.

I think this is a feature of the game. I doubt the AI wibwobs his tactic in a good manner (if it would wibwob to lets say Iodine, you would be fucked) so it won't make the game that much harder. You still destroy the AI without the harder AI pack if you use a wibwob tactic, so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

Offside Trap
14-08-17, 11:18 AM
Its just a bugbare of mine :)

Yeah, sometimes, they switch just selected players to WW, I've seen that too, but am pretty sure this never used to happen

info0
14-08-17, 08:24 PM
Go to Data folder and you can see pct files there. Those are the tactics AI uses.

Yes, they are wib/wob by Sports Interactive.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3bcwdfamnip4x8/DefaultTactics.rar

And it's legit feature of a game. AI DOES not however, wib/wob on their own. The AI can however, add arrows to wib/wob formations, but negating the original wib/wob of the formation.

Hope this helps.

Offside Trap
20-08-17, 01:49 PM
I tried everything, even just uninstalled, reinstalled etc... used default PFT tactics, played as Arsenal, 1st game against Man Utd, 2 players RW and ST start wibwobbed, then by 45min, all 10 outfield players are wibbed and they're using the 451_Norway formation

Cant get my head around it

samsami
20-08-17, 03:04 PM
I tried everything, even just uninstalled, reinstalled etc... used default PFT tactics, played as Arsenal, 1st game against Man Utd, 2 players RW and ST start wibwobbed, then by 45min, all 10 outfield players are wibbed and they're using the 451_Norway formation

Cant get my head around it

Possibly because you did not delete everything.

Offside Trap
20-08-17, 03:28 PM
Possibly because you did not delete everything.

Defiantly got rid of EVERYTHING after uninstall, even did a file check on the PC to ensure there was nothing CM related on it

info0
21-08-17, 04:04 PM
451_Norway is one of CM0102 original AI tactics. You don;t need to get rid of it, it's part of the game and part of AI tactics. I don't see your problem at all mate... -.-

You're just facing default AI tactics SI put in. Most of ATL, OTL tactics beat them easily as fook ;].

samsami
27-12-17, 07:23 PM
I have done a lot of testing lately and discovered that if you install a strong tactic pack for the computer to use (for instance my pack in the download section: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221) then you can only be successful if you have quality players.

What I mean to say is, you do need a good tactic, but more importantly you need quality players. In my current Rovers story I am finally successful with a fairly good 4-2-2-1-1 tactic, and not because the tactic is so fantastic but because I have such good players for that specific tactic.

If you have time, start reading my story here (on page 81) and read a few pages and see what happens:

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9072&page=81

Duleto
11-03-18, 08:50 AM
Download the file the link, extract it and add it to your Editor folder

https://www.sendspace.com/file/y8te6c

Since it works with CM0001 it should be fine on CM0102 .60

Can you please reupload the files? I want to try the 3.9.60 AI tactics.

nvm. I have found a 3.9.68 instalation on my laptop. :)

Offside Trap
12-04-18, 01:23 PM
If I was to create all my current tactics to PCT format, and place them in my Data folder, (getting rid of all existing PCT files) would it work? more the question - would AI then be only able to choose from those PCT tactics, being the same ones I'm using? if that makes sense

samsami
12-04-18, 01:35 PM
If I was to create all my current tactics to PCT format, and place them in my Data folder, (getting rid of all existing PCT files) would it work? more the question - would AI then be only able to choose from those PCT tactics, being the same ones I'm using? if that makes sense

If you convert your tactics to pct format (not just rename them) and then give them the exact names as the existing PCT files so that they overwrite the existing ones, then yes.

That's just what the AI packs do, like mine (https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221)

But it only works for new games, not for existing save files. These have the tactics embedded in them.

ViK
12-04-18, 02:27 PM
Is yours the hardest AI pack samsami?

samsami
12-04-18, 02:39 PM
Yes, but I created a new tactic pack (https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpnekm81xm8g2al/AI-Tactics.zip?dl=0) (6th April 2018) which has a greater variety of tactics and is equally strong:

Note: Once you have copied the files to your data folder the computer will use this pack but only for new games. So not for existing save games.

Offside Trap
12-04-18, 02:43 PM
If you convert your tactics to pct format (not just rename them) and then give them the exact names as the existing PCT files so that they overwrite the existing ones, then yes.

That's just what the AI packs do, like mine (https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221)

But it only works for new games, not for existing save files. These have the tactics embedded in them.

I've got your pack mate, its great. How many default tactics are imbedded? so I'd need to rename them all to them, that sounds.. I think, quite straight forward

samsami
12-04-18, 02:49 PM
I've got your pack mate, its great. How many default tactics are imbedded? so I'd need to rename them all to them, that sounds.. I think, quite straight forward

Well, you can use my pack to start with and then replace any number of them with any of yours.
My pack replaces all 40 default computer tactics by 40 strong AI tactics for the computer to use, but some are the same as the text file shows.

Offside Trap
12-04-18, 02:51 PM
On your new pack Sami - how come player specifics, its every other player i can change and not every player, like pressing, marking etc...

Offside Trap
12-04-18, 02:56 PM
Got it up and going and will have a play with that later on, cheers - and you recently made this again a few days back?

Also, specific player instructions - should it be every other player? as oppose to every player?

Offside Trap
12-04-18, 03:05 PM
Scrap that mate, as think it was only on default tactics that its every other player, on loaded ones, its every player

samsami
12-04-18, 04:00 PM
Scrap that mate, as think it was only on default tactics that its every other player, on loaded ones, its every player

Yeah, it's a bit odd. When you convert a tactic (TCT) to a computer tactic (PCT) and you then load that "default" computer tactic for your own team you see only every other player's playing instructions. Not sure why that is.

samsami
12-04-18, 06:42 PM
Got it up and going and will have a play with that later on, cheers - and you recently made this again a few days back?

The initial pack dates from 2015 and can be found under Downloads - Tactics - Tactic Packs.
I have used that for all of my stories and it's a struggle to win the title.

The updated version is what I gave you, from last week, but it has not been added to downloads yet. It has a greater variety of tactics, but isn't necessarily harder/stronger than the 2015 pack. Still, more variety is more fun.

samsami
19-04-18, 11:13 AM
The updated 2018 version is now also available under Downloads - Tactics - Tactic Packs.

I hope there's no bug in it. If there is, and you get an error message, let me know by PM and I will correct it.

The main reason for the new pack is that the 2015 version resulted in the computer operated teams overusing one or two tactics. So there's more variety now.

scemoka
17-11-18, 10:46 PM
Hi mates, here are my suggestions for preset AI tactics.
I will be happy if all mates write here your all suggestions.

442_default = 442tapani_6e (legend)
442_defensive_default = 4411_ailton vik mode (one of cult)
442_attacking_default = i need passing (legend)
442_diamond_default = Lobanovsky_v4 (worth to put)
442_push = 442CJF (one of cult)
442_v1 = 442 MHZ2 - superstranger (this tactic is great, symmetric, worth to put here)
442_v4 = DestroyAll_v1.1 (solid tactic by info0)
442_v8 = TU-160M2 zionmaster (one of best)
442_v10 = 442_DG Dilson8 (one of best in 442) or 4-2-3-1 mod which 442 with #10 AMC
442_wide = 4-4-2 tot. (trixie based which is really wide)
343_default = 3-4-3 att (based on nagoya grampus, monster in full play by attemps)
343_defensive = Pipedown27 3-2-4-1 (one of the most solid)
352_default = 3-5-2 con
352_defensive_default = 3-5-1-1 dna (best defense)
352_attacking_default = looper352 (long time leader)
352_v1 = 3-5-2 cla (very wide and classic)
352_v2 = 352conWC
41212_default = 4-1-2-1-2 ^jack^ (best records all over ever)
424_default = 442_att ^jack^ (best in this shape)
424_v1 = 4-2-4 frw
433_default = 4-3-3 era (the latest,the modern, and the most realistic one)
451_default = 4-1-4-1 tapani_iodine (legend)
451_defensive = 4-1-4-1 dna
451_norway = Norgebus (atomicant)

Here are so much reduntant 5-3-2 versions,so i suggest renovations, lets use different shapes!

532_default = 3-5-2 passage-KTM (solid version by desp).
532_defensive_default = Ultimate iodine (monster from nurishi)
532_attacking_default = MM or testiranje (one of most scoring)
532_v1 = 3-6-1 antoka_bella (one of the best and unique by atomicAnt)
532_v2 = WM -symmetrized iodine version
532_v3 = 5Front (a version of great xaxa tactic by minusmf)
532_v4 = MW - symetized iodine version.
532_v5 = 3-4-1-2 ^jack^ (monster scoring tactic)
532_v6 = DWSv2 or another DWS versions... (legend, nothing to say)
532_v7 = Latin_iodine
532_v9 = IodineCF (another legend) or Mushroom
sweeper_default = 3-3-3-1 gua (without 3-3-3-1 iodine - no worth to play this game i think.... :D)
sweeper_v1 = 1-8-1 nurio or rhombus.
4132 = 4132CF or #1 4132 from the 4132 tactic contest.
4312_v1 = 4-3-1-2 car (i hold life full-play record based on nagoya grampus)
defensive_counter = christmas tree,nagoya grampus (this is my love, i can't imagine this game without him)

GFRay
18-11-18, 12:12 AM
Hi mates, here are my suggestions for preset AI tactics.
I will be happy if all mates write here your all suggestions.

442_v1 = 442 MHZ2 - superstranger (this tactic is great, symmetric, worth to put here)
352_v2 = 352conWC
451_norway = Norgebus (atomicant)

Here are so much reduntant 5-3-2 versions,so i suggest renovations, lets use different shapes!

532_v4 = MW - symetized iodine version.
532_v5 = 3-4-1-2 ^jack^ (monster scoring tactic)
sweeper_v1 = 1-8-1 nurio or rhombus.

scemoka, do you have all these tactics? If so, could you send them to me and I could create the tactics pack :ok:

Edit: I only need the ones that I quoted. Already have the rest.

scemoka
18-11-18, 05:53 PM
Yes i all have. I know that almost %90-95 of them you have too. But job not completed by you have or i have. I don't want that this pack will become all from my personal selection. We need more suggestions from all mates. ;) We need much more replies ;) New ideas for replacements.

Rxx
03-01-19, 05:07 AM
Interestingly when converting tactics, I get the double mentality thing..

Dermotron
04-01-19, 11:48 AM
That's a side effect of the John Locke tactic converter.

Use this method instead - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=704&page=2&p=87200#post87200

Tiax
28-05-20, 07:34 PM
If I add new AI tactics and name them 532_v9, 532_v13, 442_v4 etc. (currently there are no such AI tactics) will the computer use them? Can I add new tactics as the next _v numbers?

P.S
What's the problem with John Locke's program?

Tiax
29-05-20, 07:17 AM
How does the computer choose tactics from the data folder?

samsami
29-05-20, 09:30 AM
How does the computer choose tactics from the data folder?

The names of the tactics should be the exact same names as the ones that come with the original game. So new tactics should overwrite those. Don't add new tactics with new names. They wil not be used.

- - - Updated - - -

If I add new AI tactics and name them 532_v9, 532_v13, 442_v4 etc. (currently there are no such AI tactics) will the computer use them? Can I add new tactics as the next _v numbers?

Nope.

samsami
29-05-20, 09:32 AM
E.g. when you use my (strong) AI pack (the 2018 version) this is what it contains:

name (original) = file used

442_default = 442CJF
442_defensive_default = 442tapani_6e
442_attacking_default = 442tapani_6e
442_diamond_default = iodineDiamond
442_push = 442CJF
442_v1 = 442tapani_6e
442_v4 = 442CJF
442_v8 = 442tapani_6e
442_v10 = 442CJF
442_wide = Samsami wingers
343_default = 343